Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private How to Grow a Garden

THE GREEN HOUSE, ALDERAAN
AFTERNOON

The midday sun cascaded beautifully through the glass ceiling and walls of the Green House, splashing the world in bright colors. Everything seemed to shimmer with the light, from the expansive windows to the water droplets clinging to the recently watered leaves. Green House employees wandered up and down the curated flora, tending to the lines of rare and exotic plants.

A dark form stood ponderously along a line of royal blue perennials, the tresses of his cloak just barely brushing the tallest flowers. Draped in dour tones, Count Alicio's attention wasn't on the sun-kissed scenery, or the intricate beauty of the gardens, but on the small, cold crystal enclosed in his fist

Alicio was under a tremendous amount of pressure; he was helping to oversee the creation of refugee cities on two separate worlds, Lujo and Chaldea, not to mention the work in Sanctuary City, or the nights he spent awake, thinking about his vision. He already felt himself stretched thin. So why was he here?

His bodyguard, Ivarra, had strongly suggested he take the day off. Her words echoed in his head; 'You have to remember to stop and smell the roses every once in a while, young Alicio.' Then she suggested he go to a garden. Ivarra had a funny sense of humor.

But standing here, doing nothing? It didn't make him feel relaxed. It made him feel selfish.

- Rianna Organa Rianna Organa -

Last edited:
Rianna walked slowly along the single row of Alderaani Flame Roses she was trying to reintroduce the species to Alderaan but it was difficult it seemed the conditions were not optimal once transferred to the planet. But her interest today was more on the Murakami orchid it could be dangerous she knew from its history. Here in the Green House surely there was small risk if she kept the number of force sensitives from it. She could feel the flower whispering to her but so far the conversation was one sided.

Since she was the teacher at the local temple she could control how many came and went. As she pondered the black orchid's history and its unique beauty she felt a presence. An unfamiliar presence.

Turning she followed the gentle pull of the force towards the visitor. As she got closer there were other images, and emotions filtering slowly away. When she was able to put her gaze upon the young man dressed in such dark colors she couldn't help but notice the aura around his being. He had a lot going on.

Who was this? Before she could ask the answer came Rianna smiled and nodded.

"Alicio welcome to the Green House I am Rianna, have you been here long?" She could not help but be hit by the young man's emotions, did he know he was force sensitive, did he know who she was? It would seem in a moment she might have those answers.

Tag: Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Alicio's thoughts dwelled on his vision.

Sanctuary City falling, building by building, person by person. Colored slag, mixing in puddles. The desperate attempt to save everything. The last form, with the mask. The choice. What did it all mean?

Alicio was shocked from his musing by a calm voice. Alicio turned to face the newcomer, quickly brushing his misshapen hair to the side with one hand, and discreetly depositing the crystal into his pocket with the other. He squinted, trying to recognizing the face, placing it just as the woman offered it up.

"Rianna Organa! I know who you are," Alicio said, giving an enthusiastic, if taut, smile. He crossed an arm over his chest, and bowed respectfully. "I've heard so many good things about you." That she was a teacher. A healer. A gardener. A Jedi.

"No, not too long. I came to enjoy the flowers." Then, realizing she probably saw him blankly staring into space, he amended, "I just... got lost in my own head for a bit, there."

Understatement of the century.

Rianna put her hand over her heart then tilted her head down, "thank you. Good things you, good to know that as well." She watched him carefully all while holding a smile showing her excitement of meeting him.

'you are in luck for I have heard many good things about you and all your efforts." Rianna force senses tingled as she watched the fluttering in Alicio's aura he was conflicted over something. The changing hues told her of his inner turmoil.

She wondered how to help him and for the moment could only think of one thing, "The garden is very calming the cycle of life is contained within these walls Alicio. Flowers it is believed can represent events, and emotions. I believe people attach what they want to them. Would you like walk with me. I have some lovely plants, and some we should only talk about not visit today."

She took a small step inviting him to go, "Meat Flowers of Dagobah should be avoided right now, they are hungry and I have been cultivating them for some time, they are huge. But the Alderaan Lilies are lovely right now."

She looked him over again, he looked a bit like his father, Rianna could remember her Uncle. Perhaps that is a story Alicio would like to hear. She would see, she wanted him to try to find calm. She wondered if he was training, if he was untrained there were so many dangers that could fall upon him without him realizing. But she had to pull back that teacher Jedi within herself, and for now be a gardner trying to introduce the wonders of the green house.

It would be hard to reign in the Jedi within.

Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

"I'm glad," the young noble said, feeling pride tickle his heart. He wasn't the kind to revel in the praise of others, but he wasn't immune to it, either. The feeling pulled his sternum just a bit higher, even as he wondered at the woman's searching eyes.

"I would love to see them. The lilies, I mean, not the meat flowers." Alicio naturally found himself keeping astride with Rianna as she began to walk. He tucked his cloak close to his body, avoiding clipping the buds of plants as they traveled.

He felt his hidden concerns begin to drift away, simply enjoying being with someone else, although in the back of his mind, the questions he carried burdened him. He pushed them to the side, trying his hardest to enjoy the moment. "It makes sense that people would compare things to flowers. The seeds are planted, and grow into beautiful, fragile structures, like so many things worth thinking of." Like cities, or people.

"Are there any that hold significance to you?"

"Wise choice to avoid the meat flowers. Maybe on another visit I can show you." They walked slowly along soft soled boots on crushed stones, and patches of grass. The rooms were filled with various scents some enticing some made to make the mind wander.

She could feel him still trying to push away whatever it was bothering him. It was never far away so she would distract him a bit more. "yes flowers are fragile but oddly strong and enduring. If you step on one it will struggle to seek the sun in order to stand. Certainly something of lesson that could be shared by us. Never let anything keep us down as long as there is strength and willingness we stand back up."

She smiled again. She wore soft colors clothing of light blue, her chosen color she found it was peaceful.

"There is one that I hold in great regard the Kelari lily. I discovered it as a padawan by accident. It is quite an exceptional flower. I was rushing about my duties in the green house thinking that it was a punishment I wasn't with the others during a lightsaber skills class. I was so...frustrated and angry about not being there. I wasn't watching and tripped. I smashed my knee on the corner of a planter and cut my knee open. Out of instinct I grabbed the nearest thing I could get my hands on, a lily. What did I know I thought big enough it will help to stop the blood. It did, but something about the oils in the plant that I didn't know then set the injury to healing. I was amazed by it, something so delicate had such power, so that flower set me upon my path." Rianna considered him for a few seconds.

"What about you Alicio you are young but your eyes tell me you've seen much. What so far holds significance for you?"

True strength is being crushed underfoot, and finding the will to stand again.

Something in that sentiment struck a chord with the young count as the Organas wandered the garden, and Rianna told her old Jedi stories. His thoughts dwelled on his home, and the refugees. Their woes hadn't broken them yet. That made them immensely powerful, in every way that mattered.

At her question, Alicio turned his gaze to the empty air, sincerely considering the query. "As you see flowers, I see buildings, I think. Each one is constructed from the ground up, holding the intent of their architects. Holding history in their walls." Alicio reconsidered.

But really, it's people I care for. Our House. My sisters. The countless refugees across the known galaxy. They all mean a great deal to me." Alicio felt his anxieties begin to creep in again. They were all looking to him. Relying on him to help.

And there was one more object significant to him. It was hidden away in his pocket. He almost wanted to keep it hidden. But if anyone could help him understand what it all meant, it was Jedi Master Rianna Organa.

"If I were to show you something, could you promise not to be upset?" Alicio seemed unsure of his next words, knowing there was no going back, any way she felt.

"Yes I can understand that comparison some buildings have stood for thousands of years, some hundreds and everyone looks upon them an instantly recognizes them." Yes she could see that comparison.

He had a good heart she could feel that he meant what he said there was no deception, he was not trying to impress her. She smiled proudly at him what a wonderful young man so lucky to have him as part of our family.

"You wish to show me something" There was that ripple again what was the force trying to tell her. She wasn't sure,
"There's no reason for me to be angry, so yes show me?"

Why was he concerned she would be mad? Her curiosity was peaked.

Last edited:

Well, no going back.

Alicio's hands hesitated in his cloak before he reached into his pocket, and closed his fist around something. He brought the hand out, and opened his palm. The song of the Force intensified, and Alicio tasted the sea on his tongue.

Before Rianna had the chance to speak, a flood of words came from Alicio's mouth. "I created this, I know it was irresponsible and childish of me, but I made it anyway."

It was a small, thin lightsaber crystal, blue in color, save for it's prominent black heart. It sang it's melody of hopes and fears to Alicio, but Rianna would likely feel it too. "I felt like... I needed to. I don't know why."

He waited on his fellow Organa's reaction, unsure how she would respond.

Rianna could only listen to the young man who clearly was confused and concerned about what he had done. Rianna could only feel his fear it wasn't that he had created the crystal which could be used for a saber, it was Alicio she was concerned for.

Yes the stone sung the make up perhaps or the method what it sang was soft and inviting to Rianna. She thought for a moment of touching it but there was an issue for the elder Jedi about touching things. So strong was her sense of touch that the history of an item formed in her mind she could see it's history. For the moment she wasn't sure that should be her focus.

Rianna stopped walking so she could focus on Alicio. How to start. "Alicio the force, that which encircles and binds us all together can focus to influence or suggest an action. We are never without choice. you chose to listen and do as asked, there is no harm in that." She gazed into his eyes lifting her hand she whispered, "calm, its ok." The healer could help others to relax.

"Breathe, deep, as deep as you can until your lungs feel as though you can hold no more air, then slowly breath out" Rianna breathed in and breathed out hoping he would mimic her.

Its ok, she thought, "Alicio don't be afraid. Have you had any other moments where you felt compelled, or led by something you couldn't see?" The fear in his voice she hoped to ease his fear. This path he is on to discovering his connection.

Rianna's calming presence seemed to leak into Alicio's troubled soul. He mirrored the Jedi, sipping in a deep breath, letting it expand his ribcage, before exhaling, and clearing his mind. The taste of the sea in Alicio mind turned sweet.

"No," he said quickly in response to Rianna's question, before thinking about it a moment more. "Well, maybe. I sometimes get little feelings. 'Go here', 'look this way'. But nothing like this before."

"It was a persistent pain. I'd wake up in the middle of the night, yearning for something just out of reach."
He hugged his arms. "Like I was an artist with a vision, I guess. I needed to make something."

Alicio cultivated a sheepish smile. "Honestly, I have no idea what I'm doing."

Was it his age perhaps, if he was sleeping during the strongest connections then that would explain some of it. At a state of rest he would be less resistant to the force awake he hasn't learned his connection so its not as strong. Maybe.

"It is ok there are people out in positions of power that no idea what they are doing, or why they are doing it." Rianna took another deep breath it had been sometime since she had to discover someone with a connection.

What was troubling though was he said he was in pain, that she didn't recognize. "So, tell me more about the process of how you forged the stone." The devil was in the details. What she needed was his perspective, his thoughts, and what he felt. Was it all pain?

She looked to the stone on more time, not yet she couldn't touch it yet

"But those who lead should always have a clear vision forward," Alicio responded, eyes shaded with self-doubt. "I don't. Not with this, at least."

Then, Rianna asked the golden question. How had he made it?

Alicio seemed hesitant to talk about the process. He looked to the Jedi with apprehension, before calming himself. She was here to help. There was no judgement coming from her. Not a hint.

"I borrowed a geological compressor from Sanctuary City's development lab," Count Alicio said, finding himself staring at the gem again. "I put in the materials, and... did what felt right. I reached out my hand."

"I had a dream. A vision, I suppose."
Alicio had difficulty sharing this part. But he did, because he knew it would be her next question. "Um, I was in Sanctuary City, with Faith, and Claire, and Tori, and my family. Everything began to melt around me. I managed to stop it with the Force, hold everything up for a while. The weight, the pressure, was immense. But as I tired, buildings and people turned into puddles of paint."

Thinking about it now exacerbated the memory, and his face grew bitter. "I held the disappearing world together for as long as I could, slowly losing ground, until there was only one person left. I don't know who they were. I knew somehow that I was given a choice. Keep holding on, or let go."

"But by the time I could consider the question, the vision was gone. The crystal was created, and a day and a half had passed without my knowledge."

She listened, "What you describe has some similarity to when a Jedi creates their light saber. For me I chose a crystal in the caves on Dantooine, course I had to find it first. I then went into solitary with the materials I needed and then meditating and focusing on the force I built my lightsaber." Rianna reached behind her and pulled the weapon from its hiding place.

"I never am anywhere without it. It is part of me, an extension of me. It identifies me as a Jedi." She held it in her hand to her it was an elegant weapon it cut clean and cauterized flesh when used.

She smiled and then reached to put it back.

"What you saw has given you apprehension and probably a little stress. So let me share this with you. Visions. Farsight. These skills are helpful and yet troublesome. Time and events are fluid ever changing because what was true at the time, is no longer true because events changed. Say someone predicted that I would turn left instead of right, but when the time came I did turn right which changed every event after that. Do you understand?"

It was clear to her that Alicio needed instruction if anything to at least help him keep his sanity. She would bring that up and see his reaction but first to do with what he saw

Alicio listened with great interest to Rianna, turning his head to the side, dark eyes sparkling with barely-contained emotions. The sight of her lightsaber piqued the nobleman's interest, as he stared at it inquisitively until it was put away again.

"So you're saying that the future isn't fixed." He began to put it together, cradling his chin with his thumb and forefinger. "That visions of what's to come can be avoided?"

Hope. There was hope.

"The crystal showed me Sanctuary City wiped away like oil paint in water. If that's the future, how do I change it?"

"That's right the future is not fixed. Maybe it's this meeting between you and I that has already changed that. Maybe it is another meeting, or an event that happens tomorrow that changes an outlook. I sense fear within you in connection to what you have seen" It dripped through his aura like rain on a summer day, he was drowning in it.

"You can only be yourself Alicio. Fear is a powerful emotion. It can cripple us because we fear the unknown, or fear that we won't be good enough, or accepted. Or that we could hurt someone that we love and care about. I have had to face fear many times to the point of shaking but I held onto my desire to protect others and it grew greater than my fear. Everyone has fear they just have to choose whether it controls them."

She smiled and she didn't know why, "If you were able create that just from dream that guided you on the process. I cannot help but wonder what your potential is. There are so many paths that can be chosen to those who are gifted with a connection to the force. Faith's Father was Kashi Mystic, as well as her brother Theo. Faith's sister Arabella is Sith, and her brother Garith a Jedi. Your sister Claire was also a Jedi for a time. I've not met Tori to know anything about her."

She could see he had the spark and need for knowledge he would love the Jedi libraries, "Maybe what you've seen is not the destruction of the City, but of the life you know now so that you can move into a new one. Maybe there is a journey waiting for you. Maybe that crystal is the first step for you. What do you think of that?"

Last edited:

"I've thought a lot about fear, recently," Alicio remarked, clasping his hands together in front of him. His eyes were turned down, in guilt. He was indeed drowning in it. "I fear for Alderaan's safety. I fear for the Alliance, and Queen Faith, and my sisters, and Sanctuary City, and my vision..."

"I fear I'll fail them all. I fear that if I slip up in one conversation, or make one wrong choice, everything could come crashing down. I cannot allow myself to waver from my mission for a moment."
There was conviction in his tone, but not the kind born from chasing a goal, but running away from disaster.

"I've done so much good, I can't abandon it to be selfish. I..." He tried to find the right words. "I would like to find a path to follow. But Alderaan is counting on me. I can't afford to think about myself right now, Rianna."

Alicio looked down at the crystal once more. It sang to him, of things to run toward, and things to run away from.

She could not help but notice his reactions as if it was wrong to feel fear, whatever gave him that idea? He was dedicated she couldn't help but admire that. How could she help him?

"Well then maybe the best thing I can do is be here for you. I can assure you Alicio that everyone has fear there is not shame in feeling it."

She half laughed in that breathless kind of way, "Let's keep walking while I talk. I am old so I talk a lot." A deep breath she needed to settle her mind and figure out what to say to him. There were something that he would have to make a choice on, but it bothered her that his fear was so deep, maybe she could help in some way.

"So well let's walk a bit more Alicio I have never thought well standing still. " She motioned with her hand for them to continue, "I was a padawan when my father Bennet Organa and my mother Allyn were attacked on the road coming from House Panteer. They had requested special dispensation to have me present for that night, they deemed it life changing for everyone in house. I don't know what was said but I ended up on Alderaan to witness my sister become engaged to a son of House Panteer. It was such a beautiful I remember. Some of the details are still quite fuzzy, but I remember being so scared clinging to my mother as if my life depended on it. My sister Arianna was only a year, maybe 2 then I don't remember well. We were caught off guard."

It always made her sad to think about this, "My father said if we could get to the cabin" At that moment Rianna looked up the mountain side outside the Green House, "it's up there the cabin, for anyone to use. Its by a lake, I played there a few times. Its a place of calm. Safety. My father said go, I remember running after my mother trying to grab Maeve's hand as we ran. When I turned she was laying on the ground. I had never seen wounds like that" She looked down her pace slowed for a moment, "My father and mother came back to check her...she was dead. Just like that like in a blink one moment I could feel the warmth of her hand in mine and the next." She let out a sigh. There was a small memorial there where Maeve died all that remained of a life cut short.

"Many things happened after that, it wasn't until many years later as an adult that I came back to Alderaan and fond out the truth of what happen that night. Every house keeps a journal of their history events. They are private only meant for family. I thought for sure it was House Ulgo they hated us so much but it wasn't, it was another house. Anyhow after what happen your father Uncle Simon and Tia Elinor left taking Claire with them. I assume you and Torie came later. Uncle Simon was so much younger than my father. He said your Dad was a surprise to Papa Edmund and Grandma Sarai. That is why you are so much younger than I am. Anyhow after that night I spent years afraid that someone would come for me in my bed at the temple. My parents sent Arianna to live with a family named Darklighter. I didn't see her until she was 18 and a graduate of the military academy on Coruscant. I understand being afraid Alicio. I just want to help however I can. Maybe the garden will help you. You can help me plant things here in your off time, or whenever you want to come here."

She wanted to boost him up, "I think you will do fine with everything. I hear nothing but good things about the City the refugees at the hospital always tell me how helpful everyone is and that you are taking interest in them. " She looked again at his aura.

She watched him gaze at the crystal once more, "The crystal is it important to you because it talks to you, or because its the first thing you've created that is yours alone?

Behind them following slowly would be Rianna's constant companion Edee

Last edited:

As the pair of Organas began walking once more, Alicio composed a thoughtful expression, that deepened the more Rianna spoke.

Her words didn't soothe his fears, but Alicio didn't think they were supposed to. She had said that fear was nothing to be ashamed of. Coming from a Jedi, that had to mean something.

Especially as she talked about the incident. The Count's eyes widened in realization as she conjured up her old memories. He'd heard the story before, although his parents had always been tight-lipped about details. To hear of the events of the attack that shaped Alicio's life from a different perspective was enlightening.

"I'd like to plant things here." Alicio nodded, clasping his hands behind his back as they strolled. "I need to take more breaks, I know. It's just difficult to step away."

Alicio became aware of the manka cat following from a respectful distance, peering at it warily for a moment before deciding it wasn't a threat. First, Knight Commander Gale with his enormous beast, now Rianna and her feline...

It might be nice to have something around that he could speak to, without fear.

When the older Organa asked about the synthetic crystal again, Alicio felt it heat slightly in his palm. "It doesn't talk to me. Not really. It makes music, and I get impressions from the song."

Alicio offered it to Rianna. If she picked it up, the small gem would feel unsettlingly heavy. "A mystic of Chaldea told me it was a mirror. A reflection of myself."

It felt as if Alicio was giving Rianna a piece of his soul to examine.

The walk was soothing it kept them moving, kept conversation from stalling. "You are welcome to come any time to plant things, and if you desire, I will keep you company. Plants offer their own healing" internally she thought they also have been used for communications and weapons. Her shrink grenade was an example of the versatility of plants.

"Singing is communication, there are a species of birds that communicate completely through song." When he offered for her to touch it she paused midstep looked down then slowly took the next.

"Part of my wants to do this hold it in my hand, but you realize that my skill of psychometry would allow me to see things about you that you might not want me to know." Was there more to this then his fear she didn't know it was a great temptation to do so but she wanted him to know what she could do or sense should she do so.

"Do you still offer it to me to touch?" She did not wish to invade his privacy or fail to tell him something that later he might find invasive. He was young and seemed only to want to please, a good trait for certain but it must be a burden to always want to please those around you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom