Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Powerful Is Your Force User Really?

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Q: How Powerful Is Your Force User Really?

Here on the forums we have a 3 step system. It's kinda easy to notice since every Force User must now have a title explaining it. Mandatory. ...And yet? I still browse Character Sheets were people judge their character in fantastical new ways. Like points, or numbers, or pips, or 4 steps, or 10 tiers, or even 'The 1300 Glorious Tiers of Force Mastery n' Uberness: How to be a Celestial on CHAOS'. Which is a book I just made up, btw.

Anyway. Yeah. So let's just get this outta the way. Q: How powerful is your Force User really? Compare them to somebody. Darth Vader for instance. Is your Force User way better than that half-machine weezy old man? What about Darth Maul. Could your Force User totally own that noob? How about Luke Skywalker. Is he just total lame-sauce compared to your 5000 year old Shape-changer? Sh'maybe maybe.

Stronger, weaker, or maybe just kinda average. How would you say your FU measures up amongst the faces of the EU? How powerful are you really? :D

EDIT: you may also compare your character to anything else in the genre you so desire. Including, but not limited to, RP as well. Cheers. :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Darth Vornskr"] I have a picture of Super Sajyin 4 Goku lying around here somewhere. Add some red fur to Kaine's already blushing mane? I could see it. :p

Well, uh, I wouldn't compare myself to canon characters just because I don't compare canon characters to each other as it is. I'm not sure who ranks where and how, as in various instances Luke has appeared as both weak and all-powerful, and Sidious as God-like and like a defenseless worm. Everyone has those moments of glory where you might shine as bright as can be (or cast a dark shadow if we're speaking metaphorically here), but you really can't say one person is better than the other unless they've directly interacted with each other and canonically dominated them outright.

That being said... Silara/Vitium is not what I envision a true master of the Dark Side to be. Just as the Jedi "Masters" in the prequels were ceremonially given the title after having advanced a padawan to knight, I feel like I was given the title rather than having truly earned it. There are probably a few knights out there that have earned a level of knowledge just as high as mine, which is very restricted when I look to other character's and their book-length set of force abilities, but I also would not say average. Average to me means that you're literally cannon fodder. I mean sure, you're no pushover, usually, but you're certainly not capable of holding your own against another Sith Lord if you're average (at Master-tier, I mean). I've already shown I am not average as an apprentice, and as a Knight, in various duels and such scenarios, but I am certainly not an exceptional person who stands out and can duke it out with the greats.

On the other hand, even those you mentioned are not infallible. All those above have had their behinds kicked by weaker adversaries, Anakin especially. In their prime, I would say they were the best of their era, but they were certainly not gods, although Sidious might as well have been one with how the author that wrote those terrible powers for him portrayed him.

In either case, I selectively decline being considered average, below average with certainty, or exceptional. I am unique, and that's fine with me.

But let's get serious, Darth Maul was by no means a special snowflake. I'm certain that some of the more accomplished characters on Chaos could have defeated him with some varying difficulty.

Compared to every single Clone Wars-level Jedi, Fabula is stronger, faster, and tougher...but has no telekinesis, foresight, or mind tricks. She'd give Anakin, who is quite simply very dumb, a run for his money in a fight. Obi-Wan, who isn't adverse to using the Force, tricks, or his big sexy brain to get out of a scrape, would win quite handily as soon as he stopped trying to lightsaber his problem into submission. I'm not willing to compare my master-rank character to Mace Windu. That guy was in a whole 'nother league. I'd adore writing that fight, though, because think of the gratuitous property damage.

So...about average for a Clone Wars master, with some points moved around from "space magic" to "beat crap up." For this site, wherein people frequently throw the CW standard to the wind with a song in their heart? Fabula is easily one of the weakest masters on the board.

We have a word in the Swedish language. It's called "lagom". It means moderation in all things. Hence, Thurion will never be the the strongest Jedi who ever lived, nor will he ever desire to become such.

As for a comparison, I'd say he is about as skilled as Qui-Gon Jinn or Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Jack Rand

Captain of The Love Boat
Grimgor-boit-vrai-1003701d75.jpg
GRIMGOR IS DA BEST!

Jack sucks though.

I retract my previous statement. 99% of the media-canon Jedi would be screwed if Mal got his teeth on them. Otherwise, it's just a dodging contest, cuz my fluffy man can't use a lightsaber.

I don't put much stock in comparing my character to others, especially cannon characters (movies and books). OR had a lot of nasty Sith and could be said they were more powerful than 'today's' Sith...same for the Jedi. Like [member="Darth Vitium"] wrote, some people have books of listed Force Powers...my character is going to only pursue those that reflects who she is since she has no desire to be a walking Wookieepedia of Force powers. On my sheet, I do list her powers buts its more for my benefit than others.

With that being said, my character can be defeated in pvp, for instance, because she may or may not be designed that way. I'm of the very strong opinion that a character should excel either in Force affinity or swordsmenship. But that is me.

My character is one of a kind, or unique as [member="Darth Vitium"] stated, and that's all that matters to me.

And for the record!!!

Darth Vader is the worst kind of Sith ever. Walking around with his breathing issues choking people out. Pfft....any kid with asthma and a bully complex can do better than him.

Following Kezeroths Belief of " The Darkside Will not be Enslaved" Id say that Kezeroth is Stronger than most Darksiders because he does not follow Sith Code and Restrain himself. In a Sense hes granted more power with the Darkside but also receives all these others Mental issues and problems.

So idk on the outside hes this Badass darksider but on the Inside hes coming to be closely comparable to Darth maul when his Brother Savage Opress found him.

Do you catch me meaning?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom