Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much of your character's playby do you use?

Oh Kyros is nothing like Daenerys... *rubs neck awkwardly* nothing at all... *hides the tiny dragon behind me and throws a white sheet over the Bladeborn army of Eunuchs...*

Nah but personality wise I suppose she's independent like Dany wants to be... Although Daenerys isn't really, let's face it. She also has a lot of power, which she has built up from nothing - like Dany in the Dothraki Sea - and relies on others to get things done... Although Kyros can handle herself, I don't think Daenerys could. Too much Jorah, Barristan and Dragon reliance. While Daenerys tries to free slaves? Well Kyros makes them :p So yeah...

Alan

Blessed are the peacemakers
If you've ever watched Spartacus, the change from my old playby to Spartacus was a drastic one, it was when Tracyn became increasingly violent, and downright brutal. And the current one shows him being increasingly violent.

It only gets worse!

I've always used Hugh Jackman for Hawk. I do think that some of Hugh personality has rub into Hawk. Especially his sense of humor and now his talent for dancing. Hawk doesn't sing yet but who knows that may be next.
Overall my playby is mostly based on Han Solo/Luke Skywalker mix of the character.

Personally I just choose something that I think fits my character. Like you'll never see mt playby as some sort of creature or cute animal. If im a jedi my playby is a Jedi.

In the beginning, I made Sorin in the mindset of having some qualities in Spike from Cowboy Bebop (considering I'm using his voice too for him xP). It turned into having a lot from Spike, Nicholas D. Wolfwood, Thane Krios, and Himura Kenshin. Kenshin didn't come into the picture until I found that what I had planned for Sorin mapped almost completely with major events in Kenshin's life, and considering I absolutely love the manga, I thought why not, and changed his appearance in the last month or so xP Considering Sorin is also a martial artist, I would say he fights similar to Spike, Wolfwood, and Krios, where as his swordsmanship is like Kenshin's. The difference though in my mind is that I'm incorporating a lot of my personal beliefs into Sorin, though they probably won't all appear until he's a Jedi.

For Dumah, he's cold like his playby, but he's more humanistic. He has a lot more original qualities, and I don't know which direction he'll go. If I had to guess, he might end up like Saito from Rurouni Kenshin, only more twisted, but I can't say for sure yet. Haven't written his story yet :p

As for Vuk that I'm in the middle of making, I have no clue. Haven't finished his profile yet, but I think he would at least share Kratos's strong sense of mind and purpose.

Interesting answers.

Now here's mine:
I do use my playbys as inspiration for the character. It's 90% of why I choose the playby. In my opinion, a character's looks can be molded to suit the avatar - not the other way around. Therefore, the look isn't that important.

Essentially, I use the avatar to both ground my character to a certain trait as well as to give other Writers a certain expectation. For Apparatus before SWRP, I used the Son of Mortis as an avatar. I had his lightning appear pink and his voice seem weird at times. I think it stuck and people had a certain expectation about him that I wanted. For Rytek'irk'intrano, I used Captain Kirk from the new Star Trek movie series - and it helped a lot in keep Kirk's character in a certain path as well as having other Writers know how (early on) not-serious the character was.

And for Daella, others will probably notice that she seems to be just as Annie Leonhardt. I even use a quote to describe Annie in Daella's profile. I don't use all aspects of Annie and I do deviate a significant bit of what her personality actually is, but it works for people that know of the character. Funny thing is that Daella is actually a composite of three different character ideas I've been trying to role with and Annie managed to fit the idea quite well in her general demeanor and attitude.

Veevleigh

Pink Perfumed Slicer Waif
Nothing, outside the physical. My playby is just a model, so I don't really know what she's like. She's just very skinny with pink hair, and a slightly punkish vibe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom