Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much of your character's playby do you use?

And by that, I'm asking less about the looks about more about traits, history and personality. Or if you're in the case of Illeh, looks count as well since she usually edits her avatars to get what she wants.

I'm using Jaime Lannister from the "A Game of Thrones" tv-series, although I've heavily manipulated it with different eye-colour, hair, skin, etc. Also, he's nothing like the guy; whereas Jaime is arrogant, self-centric and a total douchebag, Thurion is the opposite.

I was gonna use a manipulated image of Qui-Gon Jinn for when he'd grow up, as I started this character out when he was but a small boy, but I decided to save that for when he gets more middle-aged.

But those are the only playbys I am currently using. My other characters only use original artwork not from any other source of entertainment.

Geralt and Astrians personalities have become some what similar, however. There are large differences, so my playby was originally just a face. Though, it's become a little bit more integrated than previously.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
I did first see Isla doing Wedding Crashers doing her spoiled brat, tantrums and crazy looks and I really liked that side of her. Most of her was molded on the story I put in but that image did help me get started on what I wanted to do with her. So yes, there's some of that perkiness Isla can do, not just in Wedding Crashers but in Confessions of a Shopaholic later. Though not as much.

Basically, I go for the face alone but if they do stuff in the roles that could suit the characters, I'm down with adding that bit.

Though that's me getting lucky with the playbys. I have playbys that have literally never done anything to suit the character in any shape or form. So I can use pictures, everything else is purely story.

My playby is based on an assumed personality used when John Crichton pretends to be a Peacekeeper. Add into that a little Commissar Caine and some Admiral Thrawn. But every now and then I let a little of myself slip in.

So for me... the Playby maintains itself as a big part of how I see/portray the character and helps me to focus him.

I have no idea how my play by acts. He just looked like I pictured Ordo in my head with a little alteration, but I have a little of myself in there from my Marine years.

*This post was written on 100% recyclable electrons*

I use Kate Winslet for Iella. Only for the look and nothing more. The only things I do look for is someone that has loads of images to chose from so if the mood comes for a change up I have them to pick from.

Based off of Ferus Olin from the Last of the Jedi series.
Things they share:
Started out as a rigid stiff backed jedi, then relaxed.
Defensive of their friends

Things they vastly differ in:
Vulpesen would never leave the jedi.
Vulpesen isn't held back by guilt.

With those basics, I'd say that I use a lot of my playby unintentionally.

I chose Ellen Page from Juno during a major creative slump. I had recently watched the movie and thought it might be highly amusing to write the character Juno as a Jedi Padawan for the sensational reactions being pregnant and young would elicit.

So, I used quite a bit of Juno and to a point, I still do. Slang, quirks, sense of humor, and a certain amount of constipated respect, both figurative and literal at times. >_> Pregnancy is ever unforgiving on the body.

I recently, however, decided to change faces. Felt that I needed something of a more mature look for Avalore, but one that still maintained evident youth. I switched to Jennifer Lawrence ala Hunger Games / Silver Linings look. I may or may not take bits and pieces from those certain characters as Ava continues to age and after she gives birth, depending upon what decisions are made per her situation. But this character has been and always will be one of those that I freely allow the tides of story to mold and change.

I use my playboys a lot. And often are integral to my character's story. As some may have noticed. Val'Ryss changes forms quite a lot. And I use the playby to convey this to the reader. It often catches people's eye, I also have a personal rule that a character's image should change only if in plot something happens. For example at the beginning Val'Ryss' avatar was a dathomirian woman, but that was becuase she was using said woman as a vessel to preserve her soul. When she finished her dark ritual and alchemied back her original body teh avatar changed to an avatar that represented this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom