Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private How Do You Do, Fellow Kids?

SECOND CHANCE BAR AND HOTEL
DENON

The only way Quill could visit a place with this much life was drugs, specifically a mid-grade tranquilizer. It rendered him slightly dopey and unable to do really complex Force work, but it let him enter this building without breaking out in hives and a cold sweat. The mental and emotional noise, the smells, the lighting, and the fabric of exuberant or tragic life energies all bombarded him like a Base Delta Zero. He popped another tranquilizer and used his first-time free pass to head downstairs. That, word had it, was where the magic happened. Among other services, the Second Chance was said to offer the truly unusual.

Before he'd come in here, he meditated on Suerton probability manipulation for an hour straight, because serious Force senses or effects were going to be beyond him for a couple of hours. Hopefully some of that luck would cling to him, because he sure wasn't this place's target market.

He'd dressed like a nondescript blue-collar type, plus a truly ill-advised hat that had been fashionable thirty or forty years back when he was a young thief.

Jennifer Blanchard Jennifer Blanchard

It was nice, getting herself set up here. It was going to take a few years to really get a following, but as far as the bar and the no-tell? That was a business that sold itself. And knowing that she was here to help other runners? It was going to go well. She even had her first real student of sorts, in Dani Stellaris Dani Stellaris the young Kiffar was actually doing pretty well for herself. At least in the training and fire arms, but she was more a hacker than gun girl. Which was fine. Still, the girl had potential.

Jenn made her way from the upstairs office down towards the bar, checking in with her bouncers, a pair of Wookiees and the Twi’lek barkeep. All good people she could trust. A few drones were providing additional support, and she hired a few ladies and gentlebeings from across Denon to help serve. But her bartender had called her over, letting her know that a man had made his way downstairs.

“That’s fine, they won’t get out if they’re looking to do some damage. And my droid is down there.” An old IG unit that was still a hunter, but more businesslike now. “But I’ll go visit.” She tapped the top of the bar and was given her typical Purple Hack. Taking the drink in a few gulps she made her way to the stairs, black leather pants, red leather jacket.

“Welcome to Second Chance,” she stated in a false Denon accent, Quill would pull Liana and Tion space out of her voice.

Jend-Ro Quill Jend-Ro Quill

Quill turned from the IG droid to the new arrival, who felt Significant. Her garish leather ensemble assaulted his mind as powerfully as the Gamorrean lovers on the third floor.

Keenly aware of the combat droid behind him, and drugged to the gills, Quill mumbled something and coughed.

"Quill Sagget." Now why had he done that? It'd been over thirty years since he went by his birth name. "The Force pulled me down here in search of craftsmanship. I'm guessing you can deliver."

Bolder than he usually came on. That was either the Suerton good luck or the tranquilizers.

Jenn smiled, she was going to have to keep a more wary eye on the people who came in. But it was learning curves with the world and with owning a bar. She was fine wearing the leather, it wasn’t that it was enchanted or enhanced through some Force mojo, but it was enough to call attention to her. She meant business.

Most of the time.

She looked at the older man when he muttered something and back to the IG. The IG spun a few of the eyes around, obviously taking the man in. Her droid, Iggy Pop, was designed as a bodyguard, and that meant combat and rescue. She had taken the time to ensure the droid knew to ask questions first, or see her in mortal danger, before bringing out any weapons.

Offering a small grin. “I dabble. There are a few beings stronger than me at doing imbuement, but lets just say, I do it for the joy.” And not some sort of Force alignment, really. “What can I interest you in, Mr. Sagget?”

"A crafter after...heh, crafter after..." How strong were these tranquilizers, anyway? "...my own heart. I'd love to see your work. I'm so tired of flipping through the generic. And!" He held up a gnarled finger. "I'm prepared to barter."

The room had flat surfaces other than the floor. He unshouldered a dingy backpack and started laying things out.

"A slab of Bendu antler...a Jedi confessional talisman...a perspective stone...and a tasty, I mean, testament pendant." He gave her a very brief overview of what each one was. As a crafter, she could probably get a good idea of their function even without the commentary.

A smirk on her face as she nodded. Jenn wasn’t necessarily full of pride, she tried to be a bit more humble, but she knew a few things about the Force, and what was possible when you were not really bogged down by a side of the Force. The Jedi and Sith, separately, had their own strengths, she would never take that from them. But she did her learning between the light and the dark. Baran Do, Jal Shey, and Zeison Sha were only a few of the groups she declared learning from. The Jal Shey and Baran Do took the majority of that time.

She was always a gear head and tech junkie, moving into the enchanting and artisan world of the Force? That was the next logical step. As Mr. Saggett had taken some of his wares out of the bag he had, she looked on with interest. That dirt on the bag? That didn’t seem to come from Denon. If Quill was watching, he’d be seeing that she was scanning the items in the Force.

“These are wonderful, where did you say you’re from?” Not a where but a what organization, clearly. He hadn’t said where he was from, but with this sort of a haul? He was either a thief or an artisan himself.

“I think we can make a deal. What is it you are looking for?” She had paced her own shop, producing a few different wares. A few pendants made of electrum, small gems in a variety of colors, all polished and looking valuable, as well as a few larger pieces, including a knife, a leather bracer, and what could only be classified as a diadem.

(Because I'm awesome)

"Me? Oh, I'm a Jedi hermit," he said absently, focused on her wares. "Made all these. Before that I was a Raskava Scriptor." And that wasn't a detail he normally mentioned in such settings, but he felt a little uninhibited and anyways he felt like Jennifer Blanchard Jennifer Blanchard would respond better to someone who wasn't vanilla Jedi.

The tranquilizers were blunting Quill's Force senses - he had a little trouble getting a sense of what these pieces did. That sense would come in time, he was sure.

For the moment, without hesitation, Quill tried on the diadem.

Looking the man over, what he said next was something she didn’t expect. Jedi… Hermit? She shook her head, no way he could be telling the truth on that. But when he said that he constructed the items, she looked at them and the man before her in the Force again. Giving a bit of a shocked-approving look she nodded. “I don’t believe anyones actually a Scriptor, but say you are, you do have a knack for enchanting items, don’t you?”

Why would someone claim to be a nightmare like that. But… he wasn’t glowing as Light as she had seen in others.

“What brings you here?” Her stuff was to keep edge runners alive. The galaxy was a big place, and there were so many edges to the map that people could find themselves in. The Core was one thing, but out here? It was something else. Watching him grab the diadem, she was a bit surprised he went for that.

So, you’re looking to get through places without any communications? She said through the Force, it may come muddled in. Clear your mind a second. The Experience Crown, as she called it, was an interesting piece, would let her, as it was tuned to her for the show piece, see through the wearer’s eyes, and get a stronger telepathic sense of what they were experiencing.

Quill screwed his eyes shut, then opened them again.

"Oh this is interesting. You can see through my eyes and feel what I'm feeling, can't you. This is so useful." It dovetailed well with an ability he'd learned from the Golden Sun on the obscure waterworld of Sedri - sharing his Force strength with trusted friends at a distance. Ideas spun - an access key for his powers, coupled with this unique imbuement, could let a friend not only draw on his power but show him what they were up against so he could take the gift beyond the norm.

"I'll take it - I'd trade any one of these things for it, take your pick."

Still was definitely an interesting pick from the older man. The look of the item without knowing what it did, at least, was something pricey, it was designed such to either give the wear a certain air about them, when making their way into city gatherings and the like, or as bait to get stolen, and someone will wear it, some slump thief playing a silly game, or a woman looking to see how it was looking. “A bit more on the seeing than feeling, but if I was focused, I’d be able to kind of… ride along?” She scrunched up her face on that.

It was the closest word she had.

“And any of these?” She looked them all over, understanding by the names a few things about them. “Perception stones, that’s pulling memories, or do they have to be freely given? Just thinking of how they could be used…” She looked them over another second.

"No, no - it's for giving, not receiving. You use the stone to give memories to someone else. Maybe you..." He took off the diadem delicately and cradled it in one big hand. "Maybe you need to tell someone exactly how or where something happened. Maybe they need to know how to do something, or where to go for a job. Maybe you can't risk being overheard sharing any of the above, so bam, they remember it like they were there. I don't think I'd ever build a memory-receiver. Sith would be all over that, I tell you hwat."

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom