Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Bendu antler [crafting material]

Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=11pt]“It gave me such power - but only for a time. And when that time passed, I found weakness in my hand and my heart. My fury ebbed. I felt...remorse. I could not look at myself the same way ever again.” - Darth Scabious, 438ABY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“After a time of transcendent clarity, however, the Force failed me, and anger filled me. I cast away the cursed thing, but it was too late. I beg you, Masters, not to make my mistake: if you encounter this substance, destroy it at any cost. I accept your judgment.” - Master Tir’uk Sahn, 220ABY[/SIZE]
[SIZE=11pt]“...but understand this, much will change as a result of this encounter, including you.” - the Bendu, ca. 4BBY[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Intent: A rare and unusual Force crafting material, and a fairly straightforward extrapolation of one of my favorite new-canon characters/creatures.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Image Source: None[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Canon Link: None[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Primary Source: [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Bendu[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]PRODUCTION INFORMATION[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Name: Bendu antler[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Manufacturer: None (naturally occurring)[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Affiliation: May be found and used by anyone.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Modularity: Core properties can be adapted and scaled.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Production: More powerful fragments are suitable for unique items; less powerful fragments are suitable for semi-unique or minor-production items, within reason. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Material: Antler[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Classification: Crafting material[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Size: Small, on average. The largest known chunks of Bendu antler are perhaps fifty pounds.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Weight: Average density, comparable to hardwood or light metal. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]STRENGTHS[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]To a greater or lesser extent (depending on the quality and size of the fragment), Bendu antler amplifies one’s connection to the Force for a short time.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]WEAKNESSES[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Accessing the empowerment effect takes significant concentration; the antler resists ‘taking sides.’[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]The empowerment effect lasts only a few minutes.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]Afterward, one’s ability to use the Force becomes much, much weaker for hours or days, and the opposite side of the Force will flood the user’s mind in proportion to the power they had gained.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=11pt]It has the normal durability of antler, and no more.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]DESCRIPTION[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]The Bendu, 'the one in the middle,' was an ancient, moose-like being who refused to take sides in the battle of Light and Dark. Antlers grow and fall out according to natural cycles, and the Bendu lived a long, long time. No intact antlers remain, but search long enough on the remote planet of [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]Atollon[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt], and you’ll find a few small pieces. Some local Force-sensitive crafters call it ‘cloudhorn,’ and tell stories of [/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]ancient storms[/SIZE][SIZE=11pt]. Good-quality, well-preserved samples of cloudhorn or Bendu antler are local treasures and family heirlooms. Few Jedi or Sith crafters have ever meddled with Bendu antler even if they knew about it; it is a quixotic material whose natural properties limit its usefulness for all but the most reckless, desperate, or creative. The Jedi Master Jend-Ro Quill has been known to experiment with it, carefully.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=11pt]For clarity’s sake, a strong, unique item made from Bendu antler will confer great (and temporary) power, but will bring the user great weakness afterward, as well as major mental influence from the opposite side of the Force. Those who attempt to play games with using both the Light and the Dark will find the antler confers no significant benefits or drawbacks unless they commit to one side or the other. The only way to interrupt or delay the ill effects is to hop in a Force-null field, but the effects will resume and run their course as soon as the hapless user reconnects with the Force.[/SIZE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom