Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How can we help smaller factions grow?

Tefga said:
I should start a Vong faction
Well Tef, you need to make a thread announcing your intent to create the faction and then get it started. It will then need good pictures, with persistent members that are a staple of the community while also greeting new members, and finally advertise the idea to friends not a part of Star Wars RP.net. :p

The reason I see how the Yuuzhan Vong faction failed was due to the fact that not a lot of people role-play Yuuzhan Vong. Even in the community we came from, Tef, you were the first person that wrote a Yuuzhan Vong since I joined and it was the only one I really remember actually doing something with the Yuuzhan Vong. The amount of work required for a Yuuzhan Vong faction to be successful is similar to what one would assume would be required for the Atrisian and Echani factions. The initial members of the faction must work very hard to make the faction continuously visible to new members.

Comparatively, factions such as the Empire and Republic can actually run themselves. If someone does not step up as a leader, someone else will. New members are almost guaranteed to join them. Small factions do not have this luxury - and continuous hard work for a concept that, in all honesty, may not stick with other members is required.

Darth Apparatus said:
Even in the community we came from, Tef, you were the first person that wrote a Yuuzhan Vong since I joined and it was the only one I really remember actually doing something with the Yuuzhan Vong.
Agreed, but I'd like to note that the community we came from was dolled up with pretty actors and actresses where people spent more time on what clothes they were wearing to the monthly Ball than wondering what their faction's acquisitions would look like on a map.

I honestly believe there's just not enough people role-playing period to support ideas like some of these small factions. It's why you need to think "would it be more stressful to serve as a subfaction or try to make it on my own." Because that's what I eventually decided with several factions I've ran over the years and differing communities. I value my time away from the board, and away from my job... I don't want to spend time worrying about whether all my members are posting or not. It's easier joining a lot of people in a like-minded faction.

Just don't ever think I can't understand, personally, where you small faction owners are. Not only have I done it myself, but I also created this community from the ground up with nothing but duct tape and a pair of pliers, and I'll tell you one little secret we all know but we're afraid to say outloud:

You can't do it alone. You're going to have to get out there make friends. ;)

Alli Wren

A
I think that the best way to do it is for faction leaders to be pushing activity, for instance.. the republic and sith always have a dominion for me to join with a fun plot... The Echani.. while I am less active with them, I always post for them.. I love the CSA, and plan on taking a larger role there... I think some fail.. I think for instance with the imperial remnant it failed because of me, I stopped pushing it.. I love the idea of faction of the month, and agree that we should have signiture ads... I thought the number of people was 10... which I am fine.. and not everyone needs to be a big faction, look at the witches of Dathomir.. we are fluroising and we have a planet to our name.. and probably only ever will. I love the group.. will it become the next sith or republic no..

I had a Vong there way back in the day, but nobody else ever wanted to play a Vong. Then came the Horde and I brought him back, until the silver chick made me lose interest. >.<

Anyway, Faction of the month is good. So is an advertisement forum.

As for sprucing up front pages, what suggestions do people have to do that?

Darren Onyx

D
Darth Apparatus said:
. Even in the community we came from, Tef, you were the first person that wrote a Yuuzhan Vong since I joined and it was the only one I really remember actually doing something with the Yuuzhan Vong.
I would join a faction if you started it. I mean if you get those dedicated and or more senior members (Tagaea, Spencer, or anyone else) then I think we could really get it going for newer members who are just joining.

The Hutt Cartel is pretty inactive atm, the takeover hasn't had a reply in like a week and I'm one of the only people posting on the faction forum, but I see a lot of people with The Hutt Cartel as a tag posting on the main forum. I want to see people actually posting!

I posted a link to the job board in hopes to stir up some activity but no one posted in it, I have been apart of MANY good and healthy criminal factions in my day, and I know this board, with all the awesome writers we have, can write some awesome criminals :p

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Q: How can we help smaller factions grow?
A: Don't. Be ruthless. It's all on them from day one to succeed. If they fail? Just say: 'Tough beans. Life's not fair. Maybe next time.'

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom