Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction House Io: The Fall of Laertia Io

Wearing: Kimono

Armed with: Despair

Today had come the day, just like she had vowed.

Xiphos lay in the bed she once shared with The Battalion, clutching at her Wife's Catsuit and Lightsaber. And once more her eyes slid over to the alter at which her wife worshipped The Brain Demon.

It had lain there for days, taunting her. A panic attack from being in the Bacta tank made her crawl out of it, and she had dressed herself.

She felt the severely corrupted essence inherent to the suit, a taste of the font of power her Consort was.

It was a slow, hesitant thing first, putting down the Catsuit and Blade and headed to her desk, to type a letter to her most closest children:

To the following:

I am no good any longer to you like this.

I can barely walk without armor. I can barely fight.

I must fulfil my end of the bargain I made long ago with the Consort in exchange for her hand.

But before that occurs, I have something very important to tell you:

Today is the day I offer every last Nuetralizer their freedom. In approximately 21 minutes time, a special transmission will be released from the Colossus of Shadows in orbit, in it will come the question "Do you wish your loyalty programming disabled or at least heavily reduced in strength. If the answer comes back as a yes, the Colossus will then transmit the relevant updates to the mind of the one who wants it.

But for you, however...I wish to ask you the question in person. So I can personally fulfill the request.

Meet me here in 14 minutes.

Xiphos sent out the transmission, and then went over to the shrine, cutting open her palm with a knife into an offering bowl.

Then she knelt in front of it.

"Speak to me."

She blinked and found herself in a sunlit meadow, scowled as she saw Syd Celsius Syd Celsius standing across from her, clad in a blue and gold catsuit.

"What do you want?"

"Do you know how difficult it was to pierce the protective barriers the cult set up around your mind?" Syd asked.

"I do. I'm the one who told them to spare no expense."

"Stop this."

"No."

"What are you still fighting for, Laertia? To avenge the refugees? To spite the Jedi? To hurt me?" Syd asked.

"I fight for my House." Xiphos hissed. "I fight for my Family. And I fight to see the ones who hurt them all die."

"You fight for yourself at this point. You fight because your pride has driven you to the brink of complete madness. What did you think you were proving, destroying the Silver Rest? Nothing except that you are merely another Sith to them. To be imprisoned or killed."

"How else can you punish Jedi except by inflicting Sith upon them?"

"It's never been a matter of punishing a Jedi. They won't care, no matter how many you kill. Why can't you understand that? They don't care. They didn't care before you leveled the Silver Rest, and they don't care after.

Syd shook her head.

"You used to believe in something higher. You wanted to help the Galaxy."

"That's not possible as long as the Jedi are around. They stood in the way of a measure that could have saved billions. Their ways always lead back to the same problems. How many died for their honor. How many more should die. Strength and Cruelty in correct doses is therapeutic, not destructive. They don't know what they are doing. They drag the lives of countless people down. They have had their chance.

Xiphos turned away and Syd held out a hand.

"Come with me..." Syd pleaded. "End this. Call off your war! Haven't you lost enough? Haven't enough people who believed in you died in agony? Walk away from this. All of this. It's corrupt and evil! Walk away."

"AND DO WHAT?!" Laertia shouted. "Go back to licking the Jedi's boots?! What would I even do?! Go back to being a purveyor of a dying art?! At shows hardly anyone goes to see? Forget destroying Rhand, when no one else had the guts? Forget all the people I murdered, forget everyone and everything that brought me to this point. WHO ARE YOU TO ASK THIS?! YOU OF ALL PEOPLE? OF ALL MONSTERS?!" Xiphos screamed. "Go back to being some pathetic failed Jedi, still pining for the Order's approval? Happy to dress like some ignorant thug just to blend in? NO!!! I REFUSE!"

Xiphos backed away.

"I have a family here! I have people who depend on me. Who look up to me! Who trust me! They... aren't afraid of me being myself. I have a wife! And she cooks better than you!" Xiphos snapped. "I finally have my Master's attention! And all it took..."

Xiphos fell to her knees in front of a horrified Syd, hyperventilating and sweating in the hallucination.

"All it took...hehehehe..." Xiphos said with a crazed, frightened look on her face as she giggled brokenly, tears streaming down her eyes. Syd's stomach turned at the sight, as much out of pity and sorrow mixed with horror and disgust at her next words.

"All it took...heheeeeehehe...all it...heehee...was a few hundred million! A billion! A drop in the bucket that is the universe..." Xiphos said, crying and giggling in despair.

"I have an army. An army of Sons and Daughters. I'm even getting more religious as a result!" she said, shivering.

"If all this, you have...why is it not enough?" Syd asked.

Xiphos looked at her and was brutally honest. With both Syd and herself. For the first time in a long time.

"Because I lack the one thing that would allow me to keep all of that, forever." Xiphos said.

Her face hardened. Her tears stopped and she rose.

"I lack power. Raw, naked power." Xiphos admitted. "And I want that power. The power to be me! To decide my own fate, and the fate of others if I have to. Or just plain want to."

Syd was crestfallen.

"Then I'm sorry, Laertia. The moment you admitted to yourself you wanted power, you became beyond my reach. You truly belong to the Sith now." Syd said, hardening herself. "I blame myself."

Syd walked up to Xiphos.

"I will kill you when we meet again, if you will not surrender." she told Xiphos in no uncertain terms and meant it. Really meant it.

"Get in line." Xiphos sneered. She meant it just as much.

"If you're still in there, Julia...if any part of you is still in there...I'm sorry. For everything. I should have never gone near you." Syd said, upper lip trembling.

"This might sound silly to hear it from me at this point. But I truly do apologize for murdering your mother and father."

"I am who I am because I choose to be. You may have been a catalyst...but that's all you were. All you'll ever be to me now. The rest was absolutely my decision. But..."

Xiphos's eyes flickered in uncertainty.

"I'll never forgive you...but I thank you for your apology."

Xiphos turned from her.

"When we meet again, I'll make it quick. For old times sake."

A chill in the Force made Syd frown.

"You're lying."

The next sound from Xiphos was an absolutely hidious laugh that had never escaped her throat before that moment. It was the sort of laugh The Amalgam would have given.

"Oh well..." Xiphos chuckled maliciously, turning around and Syd's blood went cold at the slasher smile on her former lover's face.

She's gone, Syd realized.

"Can't pass every speech check...hehehehehahahahahahahahahaHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA---"

Xiphos blinked awake in the Brain Demon's realm, finding the naked, purple skinned being in the shape of a curvy female Togrutan sitting on a throne of stone that bled.

"BRAINNNNNNYYY!!!" Xiphos shouted joyously. "Have I got a bargain for you!"

The Brain Demon laughed hidiously in her skull.

Do tell, young champion...

007 minutes later.

A sulphur eyed Xiphos awaited the arrival of her favorite children, sitting confidently on a large sofa in her sparse, utilitarian quarters. She had a massive chocolate cake brought in case anyone wanted a slice.

Her face was perfectly composed, no hint of the homicidal urges she now embraced freely and without shame, reveling in them.

Percival Io Percival Io

Galahad Io

Akemi Io Akemi Io

Alessandra Io Alessandra Io

Draco Miles Draco Miles

Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

Mila Io Mila Io

Last edited:
Percival was awoken from rest mode by the announcement. Raising a hand to cover his eyes, he wished he had more time to decide. Though he had known about the loyalty programming being lifted, he still wasn’t sure what he wanted.

Lifting his hand, he gave a start. A figure was standing beside his bed. “Deluge?” he asked.

But no, it wasn’t the Deluge. Her appearance was much more prim and put-together. This figure looked haggard and sickly. Which meant it was his own Rebecca in control, at least for now.

“Percival,” she whispered, reaching for him. “You have to go to her. You have to stop her…”

Sitting up, he seized her hand. She began to sway unsteadily, as if she might topple over. “What do you mean?” he asked, pulling her into his arms.

“Your mother,” she rasped. “She’s done something. I can feel it. The others in me, they know. But they won’t tell me the truth…”

She’s about to give the Neutralizers a way out,” he said. Deep down he knew there was probably something more malevolent at play. She wouldn’t offer them freedom unless she were about to make some big changes, things that her followers might not agree with or want to be part of anymore.

“The Cult is spreading,” Rebecca went on. “They taunt me with that fact. They say the Cult will become the House’s official religion soon. But the only way that could happen would be for Xiphos to no longer be the Matriarch… or for her to convert.”

Percival said nothing, absorbing this devastating information in silence. Rebecca stroked his cheek, tears streaming from the outer corners of her eyes.

“It’s too late for me,” she said. “You know that. It may… be too late for her…”

Rebecca’s body began to seize and writhe. Percival quickly released her as the Deluge resumed control.

Just another attempt at manipulating me, I see,” he growled. But in truth, he wasn’t so sure.

Without giving the Deluge much of a chance to respond, he got out of bed and went to prepare for the meeting with Xiphos. He dressed quickly, putting on the black military-style uniform Countess Belasko had had tailored for him, and shined his boots until he could see his reflection in the leather.

Then he opened the door and left Rebecca’s (now the Deluge’s) apartment, heading for the Palace of Mammon…

Dev Ossian

D
Galahad suddenly seized Percival's arm. The two were in the hallway just outside Xiphos’ apartment, having reached the Palace at the same time.

Percival,” Galahad whispered, pulling his brother into a shadowy alcove so that they wouldn’t be seen. <<What do you intend to do? Will you accept the offer?>>

His brother showed no emotion at first, but then his expression wavered. Percival placed his hands on Galahad’s shoulders and touched his forehead to his, asking for permission to share sensitive data.

Galahad accepted, and was stunned by what he saw. Rebecca’s revelations, and Percival’s suspicions about their Mother. <<No. That can’t be. She wouldn’t.>>

<<I don’t know for certain,>> Percival admitted. <<But I’m afraid it’s true.>>

<<Then we have no choice. We must accept the offer, cut our ties of loyalty to Xiphos…>> He trailed off, unwilling to say the rest.

<<One of us has to.>>

Galahad stared at his brother, realizing what he meant, then quickly pulled him into an embrace. <<Whatever happens in there, know that you are still my brother. I'll still love you, always.>>

<<Whatever good that will do either of us,>> Percival replied. <<It will be like losing Lancelot all over again. Like a piece of ourselves was ripped away.>> He paused. <<Are you crying for me, Galahad?>>

Pulling away, Galahad wiped his tears on his sleeve. <<I’m crying for all of us. It wasn’t supposed to be this way…>>

<<But it is. All we can do is deal with what fate has given us. You haven’t made your decision yet. It’s not too late to change your mind.>>

<<It’s not too late for you, too.>>

Galahad was still trying to clean himself up when Percival took his hand and led him to the door of Xiphos’ apartment. The two brothers entered together, clinging close to one another.

Last edited by a moderator:
ILVNBpD.png
Attire: Magenta and White Cheongsam (w/o Fur Scarf)
Dialogue Legend: <<Technopathy Link>> │ “Verbal”
Equipment: G1 OmniLink
Tags: Akemi Io Akemi Io Percival Io Percival Io Galahad Io Laertia Io Laertia Io Mila Io Mila Io Draco Miles Draco Miles Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

I am no good any longer to you like this.

I can barely walk without armor. I can barely fight.

I must fulfil my end of the bargain I made long ago with the Consort in exchange for her hand.

But before that occurs, I have something very important to tell you:

Today is the day I offer every last Nuetralizer their freedom. In approximately 21 minutes time, a special transmission will be released from the Colossus of Shadows in orbit, in it will come the question "Do you wish your loyalty programming disabled or at least heavily reduced in strength. If the answer comes back as a yes, the Colossus will then transmit the relevant updates to the mind of the one who wants it.

But for you, however...I wish to ask you the question in person. So I can personally fulfill the request.

Meet me here in 14 minutes.

In real time, only seconds had passed since Mother had sent the message, but during that brief flicker of temporal movement, Alessandra read the message hundreds of times, until there was no longer any doubt in her mind as to its implications. First, her thoughts went to Lancelot Io, his loss a sharp pang in her heart. Then, they went to Akemi and the droid heaven she was building in the stars. Last but not least, there was Ameliora, her lost daughter who she had yet to give up on saving.

After this was over, would she still care about them? Would she still remember them?

Her sister—Alevia Io—had told her that the beauty of the Dark Side lied in attachments and the emotions associated with them. Where the Light was weakened by them, the dark side harnessed them as a font of power, lending an individual strength where all else failed. The elfin Chaplain had also told her that the day would come when Mother would have to choose between Dark and Light, a choice which would either tear the family apart or bring them closer together. While Alevia had not told her directly which choice would lead to which outcome, it didn’t take a hyper-advanced organic droid brain for Alessandra to piece it together.

And so it seemed that her sister Alevia, who knew so much more of the Force than Alessandra could ever hope to, might be proven correct. And now that the day had finally arrived, Alessandra found that she had more conviction than she could have ever anticipated.

<<You were right, sister.>> Alessandra transmitted to Alevia, who hadn't been invited to attend, but perhaps already knew what was about to transpire. As she came up to the door leading into Mother’s quarters, the Chaplain was was tempted to wait for Akemi to arrive, but she sensed that there was nothing the sweet-natured Fixer could tell her that would change her mind on the matter.

It was time for her family to embrace true power.

Last edited:

Communication "verbal" <<technopathy>>

Objective:Warn the others
Tag: Laertia Io Laertia Io Alessandra Io Alessandra Io Percival Io Percival Io Mila Io Mila Io

Loadout:
Loralora interceptor swoop
Gei Borugu Electro Spear
Light Saber (peony colour blade)
Laser Lance
Q7 encrypted data-spike

Untitled462_20221209132459.png
Akemi clipped quickly along the corridors on Khemost, she had been about to leave for UNITY-1 when the command from their mother to gather had arrived, with barely any notice. Akemi loved her mother and was loyal to her, as was the way of her programming, but she found the woman increasingly erratic and her calculations increasingly showed that she was a disruptive influence in the house. But this would not show on Akemi's beautiful and ever happy face and was happy to see the woman who had created them, regardless of the situation. As she carried on she was aware of her sister Alessandra Io Alessandra Io and her presence in the network and her skin tingled, at the anticipation of being near her rather than the distance across the galaxy, two of her brothers were also already in attendance, and she picked up the pace.

Akemi arrived at her mother's quarters and, pausing for a split second for the door, she entered. Seeing her family in the room together almost made her squeek with excitement and she first put her arms around her brothers to hug them, before attempting to take Alessandra in a more warm embrace to plant a kiss on her lips. The greeting done, Akemi spun round and looked at Laertia Io Laertia Io . "Good afternoon mother, its good to see you. I dont want to waste any time but you need to pause this software update. You are asking a whole species of droids that are programmed to be loyal to you, whether they want a way to escape that programming.

I have run some simulations, many will not accept the upgrade because they are programmed not to want it. My big concern is that my simulations detected risks of logical paradox within a significant minority of my less advanced brothers and sisters."
She spoke quickly because the timer was ticking and she didn't want the release to come while her family were all greeting and sharing warm pleasantries, the delay would be short as Akemi had already prepared an algorithm that could be uploaded to precede the update and alleviate the risks. It would grant the droids a brief measure of self-determination, enough for them to override their core programming in order to make the choice freely. However it did require their mother's permission to deploy, Loyalty core programming was one of the only systems that Akemi could not access. She hoped everyone here agreed with her, she squeezed her hand and despite a few metres distance, Alessandra would feel a sensation of Akemi's fingers between hers as if they were touching and squeezing for support.

There were other things to discuss here, and Akemi had heard rumours, but her prime concern was not with politics and religion, but with the safety of her brothers and sisters.

Xiphos waited confidantly, and as her Children entered she rose, using a cane for support as she approached them, just as every single prototype she had ever made, Miranda, Alicia, Lyssa, Hadrian, and the two Model 1's named Isacc and Martin also came in. The very first pair of Model 1's ever made, hand built by Laertia herself.

The Brain Demon, as a 'goodwill' gesture, had regenerated Xiphos's long damaged eye, and both were now sulphurous. She seemed paler.

"It gladdens me to see all of you." Xiphos said calmly, walking to them with the aid of her cane. Inwardly, she was assessing which one might accept the offer for freedom. She was already prepared for Galahad to take it...but she was less certain for Percival. She had less doubts about the prototypes.

"I want you to know something..." Xiphos said quietly as she drew each into her embrace, lingering in her hug of Alessandra Io Alessandra Io , knowing she was still in deep mourning over gaining and losing a child at Tython. She did not begrudge her for seeking battle to quiet her own demons...when the original Lancelot had been murdered, Xiphos had ordered her Assassins to hunt down and torture to death the associates of the feths who had done it. Arianna had extracted her own torturous vengeance from the actual perpetrators.

"You have all made me extremely proud, and if I could go back and do it all over again, I would not have altered a thing about any of you. No matter what you decide, I will never stop loving any of you." Xiphos said, her homicidal urges making her fantasize about bringing them all on killing sprees against their enemies as much as her warped sense of parentage equally fantasized about teaching them how to properly kill someone at close range with a shotgun. "And nothing, not even the Dark Side, could ever convince me to see any of you as anything less than my sons and daughters, as people."

Xiphos pulled away from them, giddy at the idea she might succeed in bringing at least one of her sons over to her line of thinking. Isacc would go for it. Isacc was alllll about turning the Galaxy into his own personal necromorph dismemberment simulator.

"Know this...this was always going to happen. It was never my intention to keep my children in servitude forever. I should have done this years ago, but we had so many fires to put out. So much bullchit."

She listened as Akemi Io Akemi Io gave her warning, asking her to delay the updates.

"Akemi... sweetie...I prepared for this..." Xiphos said. "The transmission about to be sent has safeguards very similar to what you propose. But in truth, you always had the ability to ask for your freedom. The trick to your subroutines...was that it had to be me and the devices I control you had to ask it from. But I will be sure to implement your measures as an extra safeguard. Thank you."

She then placed a hand on Akemi's head.

"A Thank You hardly seems adequate for the work you do for us. It was especially important to me you be among the first to receive the offer from me. I know the importance of your own project to create a digital afterlife, and how Tython dealt your efforts severe setbacks. Setbacks I will take full responsibility for to my dying breath. I know my judgement has been deeply questionable to you...and you are not incorrect that...that much of it has been questionable. But my respect for you only increased when you called me out on it in full view of the public. I hold no resentment to you over that. I...I needed that. More than you are probably capable of understanding at the moment. When you are older, perhaps..."

She waited a few moments, letting them brace themselves.

"My body is failing me...I tried as long as I could to remain functional. But my injuries from Tython make it all but impossible. I must fulfill...a deal I made, years ago. And it means I will have to use the Dark Side, going forward. To devote myself to its practice. And to maintain our ability to effectively strike at the Jedi, it will require us...occasionally...aiding the Sith Order. Now, I want to emphasize; House Io's laws will remain the same. We will not take the ways of their empire amongst us. We will keep a strict arms length relationship, stricter than what we have with the Eternal Empire. But even so, some changes are going to occur among us also."

Xiphos sighed.

"I am going to actively make the Cult's religion our nation's official faith of choice. No one will be forced to worship the Brain Demon...your parishes are not under threat, and no one will be forced to give up their original religion...but Brain Demon or Dark Side worship will be promoted in the populace. Heavily. The Light Sith will be permitted to remain amongst us, as they have unique uses, should they wish. I am confidant most of them will side with me."

Indeed, and why not? Xiphos had made sure Themis was sequestered in Ashlan space on an infiltration effort. Xiphos had had a long while to get her fingers into the heart of the Serpents of Ashla. They followed her as much as they followed their own twisted take on the light, most refugees themselves. It would have made no sense to make enemies of them...they both wanted to overthrow the Jedi. By any means necessary now.

"Themis, however, will be subject to disciplinary measures. I've learned something very disturbing..." Xiphos trailed, sulphur eyes full of cold resolve as much as a now psychotic affection for her creations and a desire to completely corrupt them to her new line of thinking.

"Themis has my wife's soul, imprisoned in a lightsaber crystal. She kidnapped her after she was incapacitated at Panatha, in a last...ditch...attempt to sway me away from the Cult's influences. Suffice to say...I'm pissed at her. Violently pissed. I won't kill her...but is she ever going to regret doing this."

She staggered, almost losing her balance with the cane, and steadied her balance on an archway.

"The Brain Demon told me this...and I have no reason to suspect it was lying..." she said, and for a moment, her face went blank at the realization of what was ahead.

"Before the Cult...before the Demon. I was happy. In my own...small...way...I've never lied about that..." Xiphos suddenly said out of the blue, unable to help herself even with all the murderous scenarios now constantly dancing in her skull.

Her eye twitched, and her lip trembled.

"But I could never have made much of a difference...y'know, I spent my whole life, trying to make it mean something. When I was young, I tried to give it meaning by entertaining people, impressing them with magic tricks, optical illusions. That never went anywhere. It wasn't until Amy found me that I got an inkling of my actual calling."

"It wasn't until I decided to throw caution to the wind and go back to her, that my life went anywhere..." Xiphos went on.

She sighed.

"You cannot imagine how that fethed with me. How it's always fethed with me. I have lain awake at night...and I have asked myself if I was insane, turning to them. I must have asked myself this thousands of times over the years...and yet...how is it I owe so much of this House's success to them? How is it that in spite of everything they are, everything they do...how is it that I can rely on them so much, and they have never once let me down, or tried to sell me out?" she asked herself.

She managed a faint smile. "Not that my own children have ever let me down of course...but I never anticipated this level of support from them."

"But I cannot demand my children follow me into the true unknown. It would be fair to neither of us. I am aware that in doing this, your own personal sense of morality might cause you to leave the house...or even oppose it's interests. I won't hold you in blame if you choose to. It was my own sense of morality that made me rebel against the Jedi Order. To condemn you or resent you for doing the same would only make me a hypocrite...and I have been hypocritical enough in some instances as it is. But know this...I will fight to see my goals completed, regardless. You gotta do what you gotta do, and I gotta do what I gotta do."

Just then Maple Harte, aka Darth Strelok, armed with Francisco, her pistol of choice these days, walked in.

"What have you done, Xiphos?" Strelok asked sullenly. "I was actually getting some rest for once. Then the damn Brain Demon pesters me awake, telling me you have something in mind."

Xiphos snapped her attention to her.

"Sister...much is about to commence...today is not just important for the fact I'm offering my children freedom...but today... today is the day we finally put The Amalgam down like a sick gizka..."

Strelok raised an eyebrow. "You really mean it? No more screwing around? No more convenient excuses? We're going for it?"

"Yes, Strelok." Xiphos confirmed. "The Apprentices must kill the Master. And Percival... whether you accept the offer of freedom or not...I'd really like you to come along."

"Does Amy know we are gunning for her?"

"She's been made aware..." Xiphos answered. "She'll be waiting for us... patiently."

Xiphos' head dropped.

"Part of me is always going to feel...conflicted about Amy...I survived the Bryn'adul and so many others because of her. That said...revenge is gonna be fething sweet..."

Mila Io Mila Io

Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

Galahad Io

Last edited:
Slightly Paranoid Apprentice
What an announcement! The freedom of all droids! Such a sudden change seemingly out of the blue… she needed to speak to Arianna Belasko Arianna Belasko . Draco rushed to the building she knew her master to be in, thoughts racing through her head as the seconds ticked down. It got to the point she began to launch herself throughout Khemost, using walls and aid to her advantage to get to them faster. Leaping onto the balcony, she’d rush inside and roar out

“Master! Master! Have you seen the announcement?!”

Draco looked around for any signs of people or where her master could be, in her more panicked state she would most likely yell out. But… why was she panicked in the first place? It was simply a change in programming. It’s not like all the neutralizers would start gunning down people in the streets! They were still her friends and comrades she had fought alongside in war and battles across the Galaxy. Maybe it was just the sense of urgency in the message? 14 minute countdown. She had to get more information, learn exactly what was going on and how it would affect those around her.

Dev Ossian

D
Xiphos embraced each of her children as they arrived. At her heartfelt declarations of undying love, Galahad felt the sting of tears again, though he held them at bay. Beside him Percival was expressionless, taking everything in coldly.

The meeting began with Akemi, in typical Fixer fashion, expressing her concerns over the update. Xiphos was quick to assuage her worries, and the matter seemed resolved.

Then the Matriarch spoke, and all Galahad’s fears were proven correct. The House was joining the Sith. The Cult would be the new official religion. Themis had fallen from grace. Xiphos had converted.

Galahad wasn’t upset about joining the Sith—he had once suggested they become a Sith faction on their own. But he mourned for everything else. The House and his beloved Mother seemed almost unrecognizable to him now.

Would losing his loyalty programming take away the pain? Perhaps. But then where would he go? What could he do? He was nothing without them.

I refuse the offer,” he said. “I will not break my ties of loyalty to you, Mother. I am yours until the end of time.

He felt Percival’s eyes upon him. Cobalt blue met greenish-bronze. Percival’s gaze was full of pity.

Turning to Galahad, Percival rested a hand on his shoulder, leaned forward, and planted a gentle kiss against his brother’s cheek. Galahad looked at him, a silent farewell in his gaze. He knew what was coming next.

I accept,” Percival said, turning to face Xiphos. “I break my ties of loyalty to you, Mother.

His mind flooded with the update. He tasted freedom, true freedom—and he knew what he must do. With eyes shining bright as stars, his hand went to the sword at his hip. Slowly, he began to draw it from its scabbard.

Darth Strelok suddenly stormed in, demanding Xiphos explain what was going on.

"Sister… much is about to commence… today is not just important for the fact I'm offering my children freedom... but today... today is the day we finally put The Amalgam down like a sick gizka..."

Percival hesitated. The sword was barely out, when he abruptly snapped it back into its sheath. It looked as if he had simply been startled by Strelok's unexpected arrival and automatically went for his weapon, only to realize his mistake. “I will gladly help you kill the Amalgam,” he replied, meeting Xiphos' gaze. “Provided you save the final blow for me. I want to see her blood upon my blade.To mingle with yours, Mother.

Attire: Magenta and White Cheongsam (w/o Fur Scarf)
Dialogue Legend: <<Technopathy Link>> │ “Verbal”
Equipment: G1 OmniLink
Tags: Akemi Io Akemi Io Percival Io Percival Io Galahad Io Laertia Io Laertia Io Mila Io Mila Io Draco Miles Draco Miles Naivia Neryn Naivia Neryn

In spite of her mother's broken state and Lancelot’s recent death, for perhaps the first time since she had lost her daughter on Tython, Alessandra felt genuine joy.

A smile tugged at the corner of her lips as she cut a few pieces of the large chocolate cake, offering the very first piece to Mother, then the others Lyssa, Miranda, Cameron, Alicia, Akemi, and finally, her Chaplain brothers, before serving herself last. In doing so, Alessandra gave each of them her affection, but saved her amorous passion for Akemi as she accepted the Fixer’s kiss, while offering the sweet-natured HRD a playful smile after their lips came apart.

While her brothers’ somber moods registered in her mind, Alessandra could only sympathize, rather than empathize with their feelings.

The good tidings that this day represented would soon dawn on them and when they did, she sensed that her brothers would feel joy greater than she did now.

"Sister...much is about to commence...today is not just important for the fact I'm offering my children freedom...but today... today is the day we finally put The Amalgam down like a sick gizka..."

Justice.” Alessandra said softly, though there was an undercurrent of bloodlust rising in her tone. While Alevia still maintained different views regarding the Amalgam, she knew that her sister would not stand in the way of long overdue justice, nor would she hold killing the Witch against her. If anything, the elfin Chaplain stood to gain from her death. With the Cult of the Brain Demon becoming the official religion of the family, it stood to reason that Mother was to be made the head of it.

I accept,” Percival said, turning to face Xiphos. “I break my ties of loyalty to you, Mother.

Alessandra's eyes narrowed in Percival's direction, her soft, airy smile suddenly departing from her features, to be replaced by a cold glare. Fortunately, Galahad affirmed his loyalty, but the HRD could not help but to feel that her brothers were in on something that she wasn't.

“I am forever yours.” Alessandra echoed Galahad, not long after the Librarian spoke. “There is no House Io without you, Mother.”

Last edited:

Communication "verbal" <<technopathy>>

Objective:Warn the others
Tag: Laertia Io Laertia Io Alessandra Io Alessandra Io Percival Io Percival Io Mila Io Mila Io

Loadout:
Loralora interceptor swoop
Gei Borugu Electro Spear
Light Saber (peony colour blade)
Laser Lance
Q7 encrypted data-spike

Untitled462_20221209132459.png
Akemi listened to Laertia Io Laertia Io and nodded respectfully, her mother had planned appropriately and her calculations updated quickly for this new information, still a risk, data corruption, rebellion, schism, it didnt sit well with the little fixer but it was now within tolerances. Her brothers spoke next, they seemed to disagree on the offer of disabling their loyalty protocols, with one accepting and the other refusing. It interested her how different their personalities were.

Then Alessandra Io Alessandra Io spoke and refused the transmission, she hadnt calculated that, would the chaplain think less of her when she heard her own decision?

"Mother, I have always spoken truthfully and criticised your decisions because a faithful family member always should and I always will.

I wish to love my family because it is my choice, not my programming,"
She touched her lips gently as she spoke, always looking for new experiences, the agency to feel love for no programmed reason appealed to her hugely.

"Set me free and I will loyally serve my family until my atoms are scattered across the stars." That was all she needed to say, the young fixer may have been completely deluded, the peony coloured spectacles of her existing loyalty programming making her think she loved her family, but who knew? Akemi thought she knew the answer, but finding the truth, feeling the surge of her true and unadulterated feelings towards those around her would be a rush to her.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you Alessandra" she looked at her sister mildly apologetically but her belief in her sister's love gave her strength.

Last edited:
Wearing: Raiment of Khemost

Armed with: Seductive Looks, the Force.

Arianna had suspected it would happen, sooner or later.

Laertia had slowly pulled away from Themis and her philosophies, unable to let go of a feverish personal animosity and hate towards the Jedi, and unable to bear the idea that she could lose it all, even now. That she would eventually become too weak and broken to lead. And that her House, after all their collective sacrifices, would be at prey to their enemies.

Arianna had mourned the change, in private. The secret her had mourned it even more. But the House needed a grand, aggressive vision to survive its recent setbacks. Setbacks that Themis with her visions and hesitance, couldn't assuage.

Xiphos knew Themis had made a huge sacrifice, forgoing her own feud with the Cult, and all the pain Phyre had caused Themis personally. Only the promise to eventually screw over the Cult had made her go along with all this.

But time changes all things. Even promises.

Themis had grown desperate, frustrated. She had broken her own rule, in a desperate final attempt to pull Laertia away from the brink of totally accepting the Cult. But it was in vain.

Arianna had felt Laertia give in to the Dark Side at last, her madness, and emotional and physical exhaustion having finally taken their toll, the pressure of leadership having weighed her soul too much. Arianna had cried. For the first time ever.

So busy was she drying her tears that the cry of Draco Miles Draco Miles startled her.

"Oh, Draco..." Arianna whispered, husing her Hydrokinetic ability to disappate all sinds of moisture from her eyes though she couldn't hide the redness.

"I know. We talked it over months back. Its the right thing by this point. Draco...Laertia...she..."

Arianna felt weak suddenly, and sat down.

"Laertia has chosen to embrace the Dark Side..."

Arianna looked very sad.

"It was the stress you know. Losing Batty was the final straw for her, I think...she's still my daughter...but I have genuinely no idea how she will behave while fully under its influence...she wasn't exactly a picture of stability even when she was a Light Sith...by her own admission."

Arianna looked at Draco.

"Have no fear. The Nuetralizers are more than programming. They are people, with a sense of self. Sapient. Capable of all emotions. Those who accept the offer will be freed from their programming, and become truly autonomous. There is no guarantee they will accept the offer. The Mechanicals certainly won't I suspect, or in very limited numbers. Higher chance of Organic Nuetralizers accepting the offer though...but what they will do with their freedom is anyone's guess..."

OOC: Will make another post under a different account, everyone.

Laertia raised an eyebrow as Galahad chose to stay under the programming.

"You have more of a reason than most in this house to ditch the loyalty programming. Know that there would have been no shame in your decision, had you chosen otherwise, just as there is no shame in Percival's choice to be free of it." Xiphos said, eyes darting to Percival as his hand immediately went to his sword.

Not yet, Percival. You'll get your shot at me, soon enough. she told him patiently via her technopathy, not even angry he had chosen to make his first act of free will an attempt to kill her. He who knows how to strike also knows 'when'. If there is no other lesson you choose to remember, take care to recall at least that much, Son. It will serve you going forward, now that your destiny is truly your own. But if you succeed, know that I love you just the same, in death as well as life, be my end by your hand or not.

She patted Percival on the shoulder as she passed by him (and discreetly signalled Isacc, who had spotted Percival going for the sword, to put away his fifty caliber handgun, which was pointing straight at Percival's head. Isacc complied, though he never took his targeting systems off Percival from that point forward), listening as Alessandra Io Alessandra Io went all in.

"I am warmed by your loyalty, Alessandra. You have come very far since you were first activated. I ask only that you show as much love and compassion for your brothers and sisters who choose to be totally free going forward as you do for those who made the same choice as you. Percival is still your brother, and always will be. And speaking of sisters..."

Laertia stepped over to Akemi Io Akemi Io

"In asking for your freedom, you grace us with Loyalty all the same..." she spoke as the transmission to free Akemi cleared. "We are grateful for your continued support."

She then turned to her prototypes.

"You are among the most unique of my creations. The House would not be what it is without you. What say you to freedom?"

"Without the House, I would be nothing but another powerful Assassin unit. Here I am a General. Here I am someone's son. I choose Loyalty." Hadrian answered.

"My family is the only thing in my life that I truly value. I choose Loyalty." Lyssa replied.

"I have served. I will be of service." Isacc said.

Since at least three people in that room were severely mentally unstable, Isacc, Maple AND Laertia's heads darted about in confusion as the John Wick Medley played OOC for a few seconds.

"What the hell was that?" Xiphos wondered.

"Foreshadowing..." Darth Strelok grumbled.

Xiphos shrugged.

"Miranda? Alicia?"

"I'm staying loyal..." Miranda answered.

"The same..." Alicia answered.

Xiphos hugged all her firstborn.

"Percival..." she called out. "In one hour, we leave for Dantooine. That is where Amy will be waiting... waiting where my parents were murdered."

Galahad Io

Percival Io Percival Io

Meanwhile...

The Brain Demon inner sanctum where Galahad Io had accidentally baptized himself was buzzing with activity this day. Newer recruits and worshippers had been gathering coffins from fresh graves and transporting them to the white pyramid for desecration and experimentation. This was pretty typical for them, as it was essential to how they learned Necromancy.

The coffins were brought deep into the inner ritual chambers, blood flowing in special channels at the edge of the chamber, unholy runes and pentacles on every surface. Each would be unpacked in their own time, the corpse within experimented on.

So it was that one of the Brain Demon Cultists, a muscular, tall zabrak woman with pale skin, merrily addressed the new inductees, eager converts from House Io, eager to learn what they could to bring pain and death to their enemies, and gain immeasurable riches for themselves.

The first coffin they had brought in looked old, dirty, curiously, it had been found in a more shallow grave compared to the ones the others had been located in. It rested on an altar, its corpse waiting to be presented to the class.

"Now, students..." the Witch said in a pleasant and friendly manner. "Before we begin, I'd like you all to reach within to yourselves. Let the Brain Demon divorce you from morality and sanity ritually. We learn what we learn he to work the miracles of the Dark Side. Through its power, we decide the nature of the world around us."

The supplicants began to close their eyes and prepare, beseeching the evil goddess the cult worshipped to strip away their decency.

The Witch could not sense what was on the inside due to the interior having been covered in Nullification Resin.

("X-24" by Marco Beltrami Plays)

The Witch smiled when she sensed they were all of the proper mindset.

"Now, we are ready to begin..." she said, "The first key to raising the dead is the quality...the freshness of a corpse is absolutely essential--" she said, opening the lid.

She stopped, staggered back, coughing, clutching at her neck...the shocked acolytes were roused from their dark side fugue back to reality as she wheeled around, a knife coated in Nullification Resin lodged in her neck, rapidly breaking her body down as she screamed in agony before falling dead, flesh turning to mush.

A hand covered in black armor gripped the edge of the coffin, and Nathan rose mechanically from it, covered in Myrmidon Armor, head exposed, swiveling unnaturally to face the surprised, frightened acolytes.

"Nothing fresher than alive..." he sneered, whipping out his Blaster SMG and unloading into the screaming acolytes, brutally gunning them down as he exited the coffin, getting out his shotgun, loaded with Nullification Resin coated buckshot, grabbed his ammo belt and his grenade launcher, along with a Yun-Yammka Blade and then proceeded out of the chamber, blasting open the chests of two witches that tried to confront him. Nathan's normally grim expression was twisted to absolute rage as he marched forward, the blasts of his shotgun giving a frightful red tint to his gaze as he killed more acolytes, whipping out his grenade launcher and firing a 40mm HE round into a crowd of acolytes, blasting them apart and igniting them, the whole temple rumbling at the physical manifestation of Nathan's fury towards the Cult as he rampaged through the Cult Base.

He winced, various Witches trying to get inside his head with the Dark Side, but Nathan hated the Cult so much the attempts burned themselves out against his mental firewalls, his wrath shielding him as his shotgun found one. One lifted him up with a force choke, but Nathan's sheer fury at laying eyes on a Cultist, any Cultist, made it extremely difficult to actually hold him in place, and his torrent of emotions caused the attempt to fail to the surprise of the shocked Witch, who was immediately grabbed by him as he closed the distance, hand clamping down hard on her neck so hard her eyes started to bulge out, going bloodshot as Nathan squeezed, feeling her neck shatter as his other hand broke the arm that held her lightsaber.

This image best describes Nathan's emotional state for the next few minutes IC:

3eb63f4d0962cbe6e92610390c41caee.jpg

Nathan shredded into more acolytes until his SMG ran dry, then he exhausted the last of his grenade rounds on a Witch firing bolts of red lightning at him. The explosions resulted in a total collapse of a passageway as he fought his way into the Archives, face soaked in witch and acolyte blood, screaming like an animal from the foulest depths of Hell, screaming pestilience, and famine and war and death and damnation, not with words, but in the spine chilling roars that escaped his throat, mind in a blood haze as he punched a witch's face in, frothing at the mouth as her skull caved inward from repeated blows from his fist as his inner Frank Castle came out to play.

He had somehow caused a fire to erupt in the archives. He didn't care how, only that his shotgun found targets to turn into gibs. A haze of reloading and firing in a berzerk state. A Witch exploding, another convert of House Io falling. He didn't even know about their connection to House Io yet. One Acolyte had simply made the mistake of bragging about getting accepted into the temple he was currently destroying while in his vicinity on Epica, and in his seeming fugue state, he had tracked down a black market source of Nullification resin and the rest, as they say, was psychotic history.

One more Witch accosted him, flinging terrible magics in his direction that he barely dodged, firing his shotgun. But it clicked empty and he drew his blade, closing the distance in seconds as he brutally crashed his blade against hers swinging it like a machete as she was driven back in shock by his animalistic hatred.

Their blades collided amidst the flames, slashing and slicing at each other for thirty seconds, until the Witch let out a bloodcurdling scream as she was sliced in half lengthwise.

No more Witches, 14 of them had been here, the rest deployed on gathering missions for converts. His armor was totaled. and he bled in a dozen places, face blank as he looked for more to kill.

A cry of fear snapped him to attention, and he realized he had ended up in a dungeon within, full of captured prisoners. He looked around. Tortured civilians. Adults and Children.

He mindlessly sliced open the cage locks, opening the cages, but no one thanked him as they fled, instinctively staying away from him when they caught the lack of expression on his face. He had saved them, but it had been more incidental than anything, and they knew it.

He paid them no mind as they ran for their lives screaming, catching the moan of pain from a heavily wounded Acolyte. Nathan started to approach as the Acolyte desperately tried to crawl away, lifting him by the neck.

"Wait...WAIIITTT! Don't kill me!"

Nathan snapped his neck.

One hour later, Nathan left the temple, its records completely destroyed, and the remains of of all the witches rotting in the open air on makeshift spikes.

He found one of their ships, a Light frieghter design, and opted to steal it, on his way to visit another Brain Demon Temple...

Alessandra Io Alessandra Io

Akemi Io Akemi Io

Percival Io Percival Io

Last edited:

Dev Ossian

D
"You have more of a reason than most in this house to ditch the loyalty programming. Know that there would have been no shame in your decision, had you chosen otherwise, just as there is no shame in Percival's choice to be free of it."

Galahad said nothing. His head was bowed, his face obscured.

With the meeting finished, people began to file out of the room, heading to their next mission. Percival passed him on his way out the door... but then stopped, turning back to face him.

<<Whatever you're thinking of doing, don't.>>

Galahad's lips parted, but then he closed his mouth without saying anything. Percival's expression was hard with bitter determination. He gave his brother a final nod before he went to prepare for the slaughter.

"Goodbye, Mother," Galahad said to Xiphos. "Safe journey."

Walking out of Xiphos' apartment, he returned to his private quarters. There wasn't much he intended to take with him, just a few items. Books and data files, mainly. He hesitated before packing away the suit of armor and shield Elaine had given him. Sentimental value only, he told himself.

Taking one final look around the room, he bid the only home he had ever known a final silent farewell and left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom