Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Tech Yun-Yammka Blade

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miss Blonde

Trying to be straight in a crooked Galaxy
sp_logo.jpg
Yun-Yammka Blade

hIwwFMF.jpg

Basic Information

Image Source: Intent: To create a force dead organic sword for the open market
Development Thread: NA
Manufacturer: Yuuzhan'tar black market sold through Reclaimer Arms & Industrial
Model: NA
Affiliation: Open Market

Product Information

Modularity: NA
Production: Limited
Material: fighting claw force dead flesh, coral.
Classification: Sword
Size: one or two handed
Length: 75 cm
Weight: 1.7 kg
Special Features:
•Force dead
•Organic
•Lightsaber resistant

Description:

Lightsabers are the bane of every none force users existence, they stand mostly unmatched in the field of Melee combat and more than likely will continue to do so. But with the rarity of most metals such as phrik and Beskar getting your hands on a blade that can help you defend yourself against lightsabers can be a difficult thing. Now there is another option, a better option. One that can slice both through flesh and the force, the Yun-Yammka Blade. A force dead organic sword capable of many great things such as defending against lightsabers and the force.

How it's made. The hilt of the blade is a living organism. It consists of a heart, lungs, stomach, everything that you could come to imagine In a basic living creature all wrapped in a cheap grounded and smoothed coral. This is what allows the sword to function, attached to it obviously the blade is a Yuuzhan Vong fighting claw. The fighting claw is a parasitic organism attached to the hilt of the blade, this feeds from the hilt and allows the blade to continue to function. The organism drains nutrients from the hilt that's why it is very important to feed the hilt once every two days or starvation will take over and the blade will die.

Power. Able to go toe to toe with lightsabers this bad boy, or girl, or gender neutral sword thing, will stop lightsabers in their tracks. The force dead blade can slice through blast vests, steel, and stab through most light to medium armors that are on the market at about class six or less. Higher quality medium armors and Heavier armors at around seven through ten can be damaged with sustained attack as can all things, but the weapon is primarily slicing rather than stabbing heavier and thicker armors normally stand up to the blade. But besides being lightsaber resistant the blade is also force dead, this means a force user can not push, pull, or manipulate the blade via the force, the blade can also cut through telekinetic force barriers that a force user may put up. It's a strong and sturdy tool for dealing with them.

Weaknesses. The sword is alive. Dragging it underwater for more than four minutes will kill it. Starving it will kill it, general neglect of the blade will see to it that it will no longer function. Another big weakness the blade has are physical force powers. Lightsabers and sith swords can channel and absorb force lightning, this can not do such a thing. When lightning hits the blade it has the ability to kill it but a direct hit might not destroy it but it will also electrocute the person holding it as the blade can not and will not deflect or absorb force lightning. This also goes for fire, fire can burn and kill the sword. And once the sword dies the fighting claw attached to it ceases to be lightsaber resistant and turns into a brittle and breakable substance that can be compared to bone. Along with those particular force powers Beskar is not something the blade can stand up to. While it can fight with a Beskar sword a Mandolorian wearing crush gaunts can catch the blade and even snap it in half if they are strong enough. Against Beskar armor the blade can do some damage and scratch it up a bit but stabbing or slashing won't penetrate the heavy armor like it would do to steel.

Summary. A wicked blade for people needing weapons to fight force users up close and personal. It's tough and capable of cutting them down to size piece by piece, and of course remember Reclaimer Arms & Industrial is always providing the galaxy with weapons that can stand up to both force users and the average grunt.

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
[member="Patricia Susan Garter"]
Alright. Just a few things here that need addressing.

Patricia Susan Garter said:
The force dead blade can slice through blast vests, durasteel, and stab through most armors that are on the market.

The fighting claw link you gave specifically states "steel", not "durasteel". That said, Wookieepedia is generally vague at the best of times. As for the armor penetration ability, can you give a rough estimate of what armor it can penetrate, please? I know joints and weakpoints on different armor can skew this, but go ahead and list a rough maximum the weapon can penetrate against armor class.

Patricia Susan Garter said:
Production: Minor

As is, I can approve it with a Limited production level. Give me a 20 post dev thread and I'll feel comfortable with a minor production stamp.

@me when ready and we'll move along.

Miss Blonde

[member="Popo"]

Lowered to minor and clarified the armor bit.

But if it's possible if there's anything else needing to be done just lay it all out for me so I can handle it in one big edit please :)

Popo

I'm Sexy and I Know It
I just use the "we'll move along" bit as a catch all for, y'know, actually moving on with the sub lol

Anyways, as is it looks fine to me. Approved pending secondary. Abuse and suffer the wrath of Popo after Thai food.

This is an open-market, non-unique weapon that explicitly invalidates all non-heavy armor. Its "weaknesses" are that it doesn't absorb lightning (like every other sword in the galaxy) and that it can't cut through beskar (like every other sword in the galaxy), all without a dev thread.

I'm sorry, but that's too strong. Either add a real weakness or give me a dev thread. I can't let this walk out of here unchecked.

Miss Blonde

[member="Fabula Caromed"]

It's too strong? It's a canon weapon attached to an organic hilt. I have stated that water will drown it, fire will kill it, starvation will kill it, lightning will kill it, unlike other swords in the galaxy when this one gets hit with fire or lightning it dies and is no longer lightsaber resistant, it could even be hit by a blaster in the hilt and die. I don't know what else to add as a weakness

So please as a factory and role play judge what can you recommend to add as a weakness?

Firstly, none of those weaknesses is the kind that can be easily replicated in a combat scenario. Fire in very specific situations, but suffocation? Drowning? How can you create these situations on a desert battlefield? An urban combat zone? A frozen tundra? They're extremely niche, and not good examples of genuine weaknesses, especially not for a weapon of this ludicrous power.

Being able to cut through Quality 7 (the highest medium armor rank) means it can invalidate 2/3 of all armor on the board, without a dev thread, and without being unique. You need something to balance that apart from "in rare instances the blade can die." Either weaken the cutting power to a 5-6, add a meaningful weakness, or give me a dev thread. I'm not letting this through with the ability to ignore 2/3 of the armor on the board with no consequences.

Alternatively you could make it unique, but I think that would defeat the purpose of having an open market ungodly weapon.

"The sword becomes brittle in dry or cold environments, making it prone to cracking or breaking against harder materials."
- This would allow a counter in more environments, keeping with the theme of having an environment-based weapon. It's still conditional, relying on both extreme temperature and heavy armor in order to come into play. This would add a meaningful cap on its power without lessening the (in my opinion still too strong) cutting power of the blade.

"When striking something that it can't cut through, the sword recoils in pain, biting into the user's hand."
- Another conditional, and one that I think would be hella awesome to RP. This would specifically and directly affect duels, making it a risk/reward weapon to use against armored foes. Consequences for using a strong weapon are important, and as written this sword lacks any.

"The hilt of the blade is comprised of fleshy tissues and cartilage, rather than coral, and a fatal strike will leave the weapon brittle and ineffective."
- The hilt isn't mentioned anywhere in the weakness block. This would be an easy add that would give an accessible weakness which isn't immediately obvious to enemies who haven't fought Vong before, while adding counterplay for characters knowledgeable enough to figure it out. While we're on the subject, blade death is mentioned several times in the submission, but its actual effects aren't described at all. Lacking that description, the mind is wont to believe that the sword crumbles harmlessly into dust. If that's not what happens, I'd suggest elaborating.

Just a few examples. By all means, feel free to be creative.

RESEARCH REVIEW

Star Wars Canon:
Pending initial review

Starwars Chaos:
Pending initial review

WITHOUT DEV THREADS
Pending initial review

WITH DEV THREADS
Pending Initial review

SUGGESTIONS
Pending Inital review