Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Approved Lore House Yvarro

Status
Not open for further replies.
HOUSE YVARRO

OkAZEg1.png

QNoAuEG.png

OUT OF CHARACTER INFORMATION
GENERAL INFORMATION
  • Organization Name: House Yvarro

• Classification: Family

• Affiliation: Sith Order [Formerly Sith Empire] | The Empire [Formerly NIO] | Galidraan | The First Order | The Commonwealth | Primo Victorian Shipwright

• Organization Symbol: Fiolette Yvarro’s heraldic coat of arms, sometimes within a hexagon, sometimes without.

• Description: Descendants of Fiolette Yvarro. Fiolette lived to the age of ninety-three and in that time had a storied military career, spent time among the Sith, and ventured throughout the galaxy doing whatever it was she damn well pleased. She left numerous descendants and this organization is their way of keeping track of one another, more or less.
GEOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION
SOCIAL INFORMATION
  • Hierarchy: As the oldest known child of Fiolette, Lucinyia Halscott is the current Matriarch of House Yvarro. After Lucinyia, her sisters Ryssa and Ariel Yvarro are next-in-line to become Matriarchs. This is where the hierarchy for this generation ends, the next generation will be led by Aerys Fortan, one of Fiolette’s youngest children.

• Membership:
    • [IC] Being born into one of House Yvarro’s lines, marrying into them, or subsequently over a long period of time becoming a ‘chosen’ family member. There are approximately five different lines within House Yvarro. Each line has certain qualities that give each one a predisposition to join empires, republics, or Mandalorian clans, et al. These are not hardened rules just simply a summary of each line and what they are likely to do or become.

• Fortan: Aerys and Iaacen Fortan, are Fiolette’s youngest children by Taeli Raaf. After Fiolette’s divorce from Taeli, she took back her maiden name. Aerys grew up with the Fortan-Raaf hyphenation but after surviving the Battle of Tython, Aerys chose the name Fortan. Iaacen having never known Taeli and only knowing that he would have been rejected for not being Force Sensitive, decided to reject the Raaf name, and take Fortan. They are the last of the Fortans’ of Fiolette’s lineage, and as such view themselves as Imperials. Aerys doesn’t believe in the kind of hardline Imperialism that the New Imperial Order preached. Iaacen however is in favor of their more heavy-handed measures, maintaining order at any cost. Both of the Fortan children have great physical prowess and are quick to think on their feet.

• Yvarro: Children of either Ryssa or Ariel Yvarro daughters of Fiolette from her marriage to Bel Savis native Josef Yvarro. They’re likely to be raised on Dosuun or somewhere in the Commonwealth. They are usually too smart for their own good and at times get themselves into situations they shouldn’t be in. They’re usually going to see things from an Imperial viewpoint and consider themselves Imperials. With a mind for political ambitions, they’ll do what they feel they must to secure whatever vision or goal they have in mind for themselves.

• Halscott: Children of Lucinyia Halscott, the first daughter of Fiolette and the oldest of her children with Josef Yvarro. Lucinyia married a Galidraani man by the name of Calvin Halscott. They lived on Bastion during the Sith Empire’s reign before relocating to the safety of Dosuun. Halscotts are likely to be proud Imperials and boast themselves as simply Dosuunian-raised Galidraanis. They’re determined to achieve their goals and enjoy working their way through systems such as the Corporate world.

• Kinniak: Long before Fiolette became Admiral Yvarro or Raaf, she was merely an officer in one of what had been seemingly dozens of Imperial or Sith governments. She was a single parent, to her son Ferrathias Fortan, a result of a marriage she had been forced into. As she went up in rank, Fiolette began to model herself and her family life after what would gain her the most recognition. When Ferrathias revealed himself as a Jedi to his mother, he was kicked out of the family. He would join the then Republic and later Alliance, meeting fellow Jedi Olyvasa Kinniak taking her name when they married. The Kinniaks had at least seven children and these children grew up as spacers within the Core. They’re less likely to become Imperials and typically uphold Alliance-like values such as democracy and individual freedoms.

• Badaire: As a result of a one-night stand, Fiolette ended up giving up twin daughters who would become the Badaire sisters. The Badaires were raised in what had been Confederacy territories, and little else is known about them. Except that the person with whom Fiolette had the twins was more than likely a Mandalorian and as such, there is a tendency for this particular line to join Mandalorian clans. However, there is at least one person who has joined Primo Victoria, a sign that perhaps Badaires may be just as likely as the Halscotts to vie for power within the company.
    • [OOC] Speak to me via DM on Discord, and let’s get some ideas going and threads done!

• Lucinyia realized that if she were to model the House after her mother’s example then there wouldn’t be much of a house. Fiolette herself was someone who betrayed close family and friends to obtain whatever goal she had in mind. Something that Lucinyia disagrees with wholeheartedly having seen and lived through such an event herself. She and her sisters were left in the care of a cousin who wasn’t prepared for such an action. With this memory, Lucinyia implemented that family members should do their best to help one another at all times. To be prepared for any course of action that may impact the family or the family business.
  • Climate: They are like any family, there are good days and bad. Most with the exception of the Kinniak line view things such as Imperialism as a good, well-to-do ideology that can be molded for the betterment of all. The Kinniaks would wholeheartedly disagree and advocate for democracy. Although there are always exceptions, such as Niance Kinniak who worked for the First Order. Matthias Halscott and Tahraqos Yvarro became smugglers and rebels. This definitely makes things interesting at Life Day dinners, and family get-togethers certainly; reasons why no one discusses politics during these events.

• Reputation: Certainly depends on who you ask, Yvarro is a more infamous name. Kinniaks are relatively unknown and Badaires are unheard of more or less, with few exceptions. Halscotts are only just now emerging from the relative safety of the Commonwealth so have yet to fully form a reputation of their own.

• Curios: They don’t really have anything of a physical representation that they belong to the organization, simply that they do.

• Rules: These aren’t so much rules as they’re merely a set of guidelines.
    • Help each other whenever necessary.
    • Maintain peace, and order whenever possible.
    • Family means that nobody gets left behind.
    • However small and broken you may feel, remember you can call upon your family and talk to them. Always talk to one another, keep in touch, even if one has a great displeasure for interacting with others.
    • Admit your faults, and failures - you can only learn and grow from them.
    • Never be afraid to ask for help.
    • Communicate your needs, and respect one another’s privacy.
  • Goals: To stay in touch, and keep tabs on one another. There are no ‘expansion’ plans as the family simply wants to keep up with one another since time moves so fast. It’s almost as if one were to blink, nearly thirty years have passed by.
MEMBERS

Aerys Fortan
Ariel Yvarro Ariel Yvarro
Arthur Badaire Arthur Badaire
Ethanael Halscott Ethanael Halscott
Iaacen Fortan
Ivalyn Yvarro Ivalyn Yvarro
Josephine Halscott Josephine Halscott
Kurayami Bloodborn Kurayami Bloodborn
Tahraqos Yvarro Tahraqos Yvarro

HISTORICAL INFORMATION

Lucinyia Halscott took up the cause and went about its creation. More or less for her own benefit so she could keep track of all her relatives. She also wanted to create something to distinguish not just herself but her siblings, especially Aerys and Iaacen.

Family rifts being what they are, Lucinyia wanted to ensure that they were able to go about the galaxy and create a name and legacy for themselves. Further, she wanted to include other members of the family that had seemingly been left out; such as the Badaires and Kinniaks. She wanted to ensure that whatever other possessions that cadet branches held on Galidraan would remain with their proper estates, homes, and businesses maintained by families such as the Branneths, Sawyers, Creightons, or the McCullochs, etc.

The vast majority of what House Yvarro does own rests within the Commonwealth, Southern Imperial Systems or elsewhere within the Outer Rim. Maintaining such an organization as House Yvarro would allow Lucinyia to better keep track of which properties would be inherited by which family members. This would be most beneficial for when Primo Victorian Shipwright’s leadership is handed over to the next generation.

Last edited:

Hi there - Thanks for your patience in waiting on this one. Overall, it's solid, concise, informative, and very well written. There's not much for me to go over except that the information for Fiolette Fortan seems to be missing from the links section.

Links: Fiolette Fortan - Bio | Fiolette NPC Submission

I went looking for it, but all I could really find was a pretty old NPC for Fiolette Raaf. I also came across a lot of information, threads, etc, that includes Natasi Fortan also referring to/controlling House Fortan or the Fortan Family. Reading this submission, though, I'm perplexed. I was under the impression that Natasi was the creator of House/Family Fortan but this submission noticeably lacks any mention of the character. It actually states:

House Fortan’s creation began when Fiolette Fortan was initially expunged from the Fortan family.

But that doesn't appear to jive historically. I'm not sure how this has come to be, seemingly, without any input from her. If you're re-creating, adding, or changing something on behalf of another member there should be a note in permissions. Is this a collaborative effort?

Srina Talon Srina Talon This isn't a collaborative effort so much as mine creating something specifically for Fiolette and diverging the two families into their own unique entities. Giving space for both of us to do our own things as we have been doing for the last several years. I'm definitely happy to link the other submission in reference. I was certainly hoping to not drudge up any histories between myself and the other writer.

I will note what has been mentioned in previous submissions, Fiolette had been moved off the family tree due to her early scandals. I believe she was placed back on but then I'm not sure for how long and if she was removed again. This was something I've been wanting to do and initially had planned on including the other writer's character histories and family lines, however given the circumstances between us that's not feasible.

I am happy to rename it House Yvarro if that works out better, but ideally, the two families while they were connected by blood, due to my and the other party's current situations will not be interacting with each other anytime soon. Simply put neither of us is going to be speaking with the other and that is perhaps for the benefit of both our sakes. I'm happy to comply with any edits you may wish of me, including renaming to House Yvarro. Essentially this is more or less an "official" divorce of the stories/interactions between myself and the other party. Much like any real family that might quarrel and at some point cut each other off, this can be seen as a similar situation.

The other party isn't mentioned because they aren't largely responsible for the different family lines, or descendants. In character, Fiolette had a lot of children who have then gone on and had their own children. This was in addition to the aforementioned reason, another reason why this submission was made. Halscotts, Badaire, Yvarros, and Kinniak all come from Fio. I've included the family chart below, this is how I've kept track of her familial shenanigans. And, the other party in question is on the other side of this tree, but that's where their histories end, at this point at least.

Edit: I'd like to just say, I am not seeking control of the family line, entirely, rather just codifying the work I've already put in. That is to say the writing of Ariel, Josephine, Ryssa, Niance and Firelle Kinniak, Ethanael, Ivalyn all those characters belong to this particular family group and this is my codifying it. Gathering all of Fiolette's descendants into a single codex submission.

Note: I had this on an open edit because I forgot to include Tahraqos.
image.png

Last edited:

I'm happy to comply with any edits you may wish of me, including renaming to House Yvarro.

A thousand times - Yes. I don't have any specific requests to change the content itself but in order for me to approve this submission I will need the references to House Fortan removed and switched to House Yvarro. If the goal was to orchestrate the two families diverging without causing any discourse I'm afraid that this was not the right way to go about it. I understand that this may not seem like a fair ruling but with respect to the OOC content, history, and information you provided above - It is the only way.

I will follow up with a PM in order to respect the individuals involved.

Tag me when changes have been made and I'll take another look.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom