Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Home Once More

d1zdbsu-76ff9e28-6dbd-4a86-9364-294f23274233.jpg

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix dress | Wedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Hey, I can teleport just fine when it's through our bond," Valery said with a huff. "I just... don't like being moved away from you or others I care about." She was sure they could make it back if they wanted to, but the kids were still at their new home, and Chaos and Harmony were also out there. Would they even be able to keep going without Valery and Kahlil being present?

She pushed these questions aside as the statue spoke, and Kahlil stepped forward to ask his question.

"You are in The Sanctuary," the voice explained. "Eons ago, this Temple was home to the hunters who traveled throughout the Galaxy to slay its most Legendary beasts. You have already visited one of them, but there are more and only the strongest warriors can hope to stand against them."

Valery perked a brow and looked at Kahlil, "We saw 7 statues in total," she confirmed before looking at the statue, "Why would anybody hunt these beasts? What if we just... don't?" she asked.

"Then they will hunt you. But worry not - you were meant to find the Temple, and so were your people," He said, his eyes resting on Kahlil

Chaos screamed with a puffed up tail when they realized the snake could hurt them! As quickly as they could, Chaos began to swim back down the tunnel they had taken to get to the chamber, but the Serpent of the lake was starting to move after them. The ground shook, the walls trembled and the golden glow from its scales began to illuminate the darkness.

"I can still feel them, but... also not. They're here and they're somewhere else at the same time!" Chaos screamed, and Harmony would feel it too. A part of their Masters was still out in these halls, but another part of their being was somewhere beyond the scope of their senses.

"Where to next?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Legendary beasts to hunt?

A part of Kahlil was already drastically enthused with the idea of hunting. The other part? He knew what the symbolism of a hunt could be covering. He reached down, squeezing Valery's hand gently. They'd be back with their family soon, but right now they needed to figure out just how wrong this hunt might actually be.

"If they are a threat to my people, I will handle them as any other. But I will not partake in a hunt that I know nothing more than your word on."

"You just need to remain calm. We'll be fine. Just evade."

Harmony continued to just weave through any danger with both grace and poise. This was fine, everything was fine. Their real bodies were the crystals within Valery and Kahlil's own sabers, so if they were brought down here they could just be remade.

"Back out the tunnel. We can just go through the door, after all."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

The tension in Valery that Kahlil had felt through their bond faded as soon as he reached down to squeeze her hand. But much like him, she also wanted to know more about this hunt, these Temples and what it could mean for them and the Epicanthix people. What if they dragged them into even more danger, after they had already lost so much?

"The Temples were built to contain, but they would never last forever. The prophecy spoke of a pair, however, who would confront them and complete what the hunters once started. This is why the entrance required two." The eyes began to glow once more, and a swirling green liquid similar to the portal before appeared. But this time, it showed an image — Chaos and Harmony trying to get away from a gigantic serpent.

"One of the beasts has already been freed."

Valery's eyes widened, and she squeezed his hand much harder, "We have to get back. What if it gets out of the lake?"

This was not fine, not everything was fine!

"You think they'll be angry with us for this?!" Chaos yelled while they dodged their way around dangerous acidic bursts. But luckily, the doors that had been chained down were right ahead of them, and after passing through, Chaos stopped and breathed heavily. If the door had stopped the Serpent in the past, then surely it would-

With a loud bang and the sound of wood and metal tearing apart, the Serpent crashed right through the door, and finally was able to stand tall as it hissed in primal rage.

"...You sure we'll be fine?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Temples to seal away legendary creatures that would surely go after anyone when they escaped.

Kahlil frowned. No kidding. If he was imprisoned for however long this was, he might do the same himself. But there was little time to think about it now with the screen displaying their familiars being chased. Valery voiced his own worry. The serpent was active, enraged, and far too close to their children.

"Open the door. We'll talk once it's dealt with."

"Just stay calm, Chaos."

And then they were through. Free, more or less, to think more on their next step. Barring the door was an idea, just to help keep it closed. Surely it wouldn't just break. Then it broke. Welp. Harmony let out another sigh before tackling Chaos behind one of the statues to stay out of sight. It was angry, but hopefully them not being visible would keep them from being targeted.

".. Yes. We'll figure something out, I imagine."

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

"It must be done," the voice said, before the door behind the pair of Jedi opened once more, allowing them to step through. In an instant, they were back at the golden hall with statues, and their senses connected with the familiars again. The Serpent they already knew about became an even more visible threat, but what really complicated the situation was that this entire clash would be underwater.

Movements were slower, enemies were less predictable and they'd have to be careful that the Temple wouldn't fall apart around them, burying them in the depths of the lake

"Aahh!" Chaos screamed in a very not calm manner, as Harmony tackled them behind a pillar. The Serpent had crashed through and was looking around for the two little foxes. "You imagine?" Chaos slapped their paw into Harmony's face, "If we don't, we're snake food! I was not meant to be snake food!" they called out, not realizing that their voice was already being picked up on by the Serpent.

But right as it seemed to slither its way over, it stopped. Its head perked up, right as the two Nobles emerged in the Temple again, and it had no interest in the familiars anymore.

"They're back!"

"Hey love? I was thinking... what if we caused the beast to be freed? Isn't it a little convenient that it broke free on the day that we got here?" she asked with a frown, before her senses picked up on it approaching.

"We've got company."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We won't be snake food. It can't eat us. Just melt us with it's rune enhanced acid."

Harmony nodded matter of factly before they glanced right up at the serpent that found them. They stared for just a moment before they let out one last sigh. One of relief. They were back. Good timing, to say the least. "We'll be fine, see?"

"I wouldn't worry too much about it. All it'd take is someone to be curious and for them to find the temple for the serpent to be freed. The only difference between then and now is at least we know what it's capable of." Kahlil let out a brief chuckle as they stepped through the door. Harmony was quick to get back to his side, circling around him. Sharing information through their bond. Runes, huh?

Fascinating.

He turned his gaze towards the serpent, raising a hand. But rather than take hostile action, he reached through the Force towards it.

"I've no idea if you're sentient or not, but I am here to speak with you. If we don't have to fight, I'd like not to."

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

"That's not reassuring!" Chaos yelled as they slapped another paw in Harmony's face, but the panic finally faded when they felt Kahlil and Valery appearing in the Temple again. Chaos wasn't sure where they've been, but it didn't matter — as fast as they could, they swam after Harmony to circle around the two Jedi Masters, still a little afraid, but now they could at least share everything they had seen and experienced.

"You're probably right, but he did mention a prophecy too." She sighed and turned her gaze away when the Serpent finally appeared. The moment it spotted the two Jedi, it moved to stand as tall as it could, and slowly its maw began to open. It looked like it was preparing an attack, but the scales were not glowing just yet.

It was challenging them.

"...do you really have to talk to it?" As a Jedi, she understood why, but this beast didn't look like the type they could convince to be different. The Serpent, however, still wasn't attacking and turned its head to Kahlil, before the water trembled to carry its voice along the currents.

"Spare me your words, and face me."

Valery blinked and slowly brought her hand closer to her dress, only to realize that she hadn't brought her lightsaber along. Oops, that was probably not smart. All she had was one blaster pistol strapped to her thigh.

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It was sealed away for who knows how long. It's possible it was sealed because it's a threat. But it's also possible the people we were talking to aren't the good sort." It was a Jedi's task to make sure they knew one way or another so they don't make mistakes, after all. Grant it, the creature looked more inclined to actually just attack them. But hey, conversation. That was a good sign.

"I don't wish to fight you. There is no reason for violence here. Tell us what happened to you, why you were sealed."

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

"You're right. I just... have a bad feeling, is all." She smiled sheepishly and stood with him as the Serpent began to speak. Its words were certainly threatening, but the fact that it was even willing to speak opened up the opportunity to maybe change its mind. Or, at least, that's what she hoped as well. Any fight they could avoid and settle with debate instead was a victory in a Jedi's book, but would it work this time?

"I was sealed because I couldn't kill enough of the people like you," it said, and this time, its scales started to glow gold again. Its eyes fixated on Kahlil, and a rapid burst of acid came straight for the Jedi Master.

"Incoming!" Valery called out, while she dodged aside herself to avoid the acid splashing up towards her. At the same time, she drew the pistol from her holster, and fired a bolt at the beast's head... only for it to bounce right off its scales. This was no ordinary snake, and taking it down was going to be a challenge. "Love! I don't think it wants to talk!" She added, as the Serpent began to accelerate towards them.

Pillars and statues were knocked over and destroyed in the process, and the whole Temple began to shake.

"Harmony! We must help somehow!"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Well, he tried.

Kahlil let out a sigh as he watched the serpent. So they were beings of darkness who's only intent were to kill, maim, and destroy. As the acid came, he just lifted a hand. Water shifted around him as he crafted a different rune from the type along the serpents form. It shimmered, and at once the room itself froze over. Only Valery and Kahlil themselves were left within the water untouched. And, thankfully, not freezing cold.

"It's a Jedi's duty to try and speak first, right?"

He flashed a grin towards Valery as he stood before the frozen serpent. "Though it's typing was unfortunately weak to mine."

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

Valery was ready to try something new to fight the beast, when Kahlil instantly froze almost the entire room over. The Serpent no longer moved, and pillars and debris that had been falling were now suspended in the ice. Looking up slowly, Valery spotted a pillar of stone that had been coming down towards her, now frozen and unable to move.

Not that it would have hit her, of course.

"You're lucky you didn't freeze me up again," Valery grumbled, referring to when he had set a snow trap on Eshan and blown a ton of it up her skirt and into her hair. Even just thinking about it made her shudder again, but her attention was swiftly drawn away when she spotted Chaos swimming closer to the beast.

"Not so tough anymore, huh?!" Chaos pointed and rolled over from laughter, but whether it was because of his taunting or the beast's natural anger, something began to change. Its scale began to glow again, causing the ice around the Serpent to slowly melt away. Around its mouth, the same happened as it tried to use its burning acid to destroy the ice.

Chaos, of course, did not notice a thing.

"Love, careful!" Valery called out, as the beast hoped to surprise Kahlil with a sudden strike.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Chaos!"

Harmony didn't hesitate. They charged forward, tackling Chaos to protect them from the burning acid that was to be unleashed upon them. Logically, there was no reason to. They couldn't die, and doing this would only get them both dissolved. And yet, they didn't hesitate in the slightest. When they didn't melt though, they blinked in surprise and looked up.

Kahlil stood beside them, chuckling to himself. "You certainly do take after us both, don't you?"

Behind him, the Serpent was once more frozen. He'd tried to spare the creature, but it was determined it seemed. The very acid it wanted to use as a weapon had become it's undoing. Frozen, like the rest of the water around it, brought it a swift death as Kahlil made sure to freeze every part of it. A statue of a bygone era. He glanced to Valery, giving her an even bigger grin. Perhaps it was a bit much, but there was no longer a reason to hesitate.

"Why are you so worried, love?"

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

"Eeeek!"

Chaos screeched as Harmony tackled them, and wrapped both paws around their friend to brace themselves for the inevitable - being dissolved by a gigantic snake. But when that didn't happen, Chaos opened an eye and stared up at Kahlil with a big grin of joy.

"You certainly do take after us both, don't you?"

"HEY! I heard that!" Valery yelled with a huff. What did he mean, take after both of them? Sure, they did a little but she wasn't that chaotic. She'd never get herself in trouble in like that. Or well, maybe sometimes but it was still different.

Kahlil then tapped into his runic powers once more, and completely froze the giant Serpent, acid included, to deliver it a swift end. Valery blinked, rolled her eyes and turned to him when he looked very smug again. "Because it's a giant snake, babe," she said with a small shake of her head.

"You always gotta show off for me, huh?" She then teased. "Well, I thought you were very cool." She waggled her eyebrows and swam over to him.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I am always cool, this is known."

Kahlil just flashed a smile. Eventually the water would thaw, but the serpent would not ever. There was a lot for him to learn from the creature, specifically the runes they had on them, and truthfully he wasn't sure what else to do with it. He glanced towards it as he wrapped an arm around Valery's waist, pulling her close as they treaded water. Hummed.

"There's more of these out there. We'll have to handle them if they're all waking up, you know." He gave a grin.

"Seems exciting."

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

"Very cool, babe," she chuckled and watched the frozen Serpent for a moment. At least, until she felt his arm snake around her waist to pull her close. Valery shot him a very playful smirk for it, and leaned into him just a little more. "You're in a mood today," she joked with a chuckle when he talked about the excitement of dealing with more of these beasts.

Maybe Chaos was his familiar, after all.

"But it does sound exciting. The statue at the Sanctuary mentioned it'd be a test for your people too. Maybe it will be a worthy challenge for the Eoicanthix to help?" She asked, which also reminded her of the Crystal temple again.

"Should we head back and find out more about the other beasts?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"A little of a mood, I guess."

He shrugged nonchalantly before again squeezing her waist. Then nodded. It wasn't a bad idea, and the Epicanthix certainly wouldn't be against a chance to flex their own muscles, right? He certainly wasn't for himself. Maybe that was just an Epicanthix thing.

"We should, but there's no hurry. Lets get back home, yeah?"

The Sanctuary
div-orange.png

"I like it," she said with a warm smile this time, before she used the squeeze of her waist as signal to lean in and steal a kiss from him. Something sweet and simple, but more than enough to show her affection before they went back to business.

"If we bring the Epicanthix into this, I'd like to be with you too. I know they're your people, but I'm your wife and I'd like to develop a good bond with them. Especially with us living here." She smiled again and reached down to take his hand. Fingers interlaced, and she gently squeezed.

"But I agree. Say hi to the kids and we can take a first look at our new bedroom... and the kid's rooms, of course." She smirked and turned to start pulling him along to the exit.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You realize you're technically a princess of the Epicanthix, right?" Kahlil teased a little, squeezing her waist one last time before he turned to start to swim back out. They could get back to the surface, get back to their kids. They had a whole new story to tell them after all. He squeezed her hand, once more aiming to just swim hand in hand with her.

"Oh yes, breaking in the new bed. Why not, mm?"

5d10c491dce6d23d51dd41462e76f777--block-party-environment-design.jpg

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

"I... yeah, you're right. I've just been worried that I'd be the one outsider here," Valery admitted with a sheepish smile, knowing how stupid that probably sounded now. "But I'll be your princess," she joked and already felt a lot better about it. All she wanted was to really feel at home, both on the planet itself, and among the people. Valery then took his hand and swam along towards the surface, where she emerged and really felt that cold and sticky feeling of being soaked again.

Second time in this dress, too.

"Breaking the new bed? Oh my," Valery grinned, pretending to have totally misunderstood. She then then took his hand again, and started the walk back through the forest.

"I really want to start working on a little playground for the kids in the next few days. Now that I have the time," she said idly as they got closer to their home. "I think we can make some good memories here with them playing and just being busy with fun things."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I'm going to break you in the new bed if you keep that up, princess."

He was quick to tease, flashing a wide grin as they walked hand in hand through the forest. They were together right now, that's all that mattered to him. They'd be able to handle anything so long as they stood side by side.

"A playground, huh? That could be a lot of fun for them, especially the triplets. When they're older, of course."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom