Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Home Once More

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix dressWedding Ring
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"It's finally done," Valery said as she stood in front of their new home, dressed in her Epicanthix dress and with a lot of luggage behind her...and a stroller with triplets, and Vera being unstoppable because she wanted to run inside and check out every room, even though a lot of them still needed furniture. At least the living room and bathroom were done, but all their bedrooms still needed that personal touch.

Pictures, personal items, toys and a lot more. It was a beautiful place, but it really needed to be turned into their home now. "Let's bring everything inside and take a look, hm?" She asksed with a warm smile, before she reached for her husband's hand to squeeze it. This felt like a very important step together in their marriage.

This would be the home where they'd raise their children and live their lives.

"When the kids are resting later, the two of us should check out that underwater temple. What do you think?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oh we're moving everything in now." The trip had already been long, and even loading the Bastion took it's time. Right now, he wanted to be done with the moving. So he reached out with the Force and casually lifted up everything to bring it inside. And flashed a grin to Valery. Already eager to check out that temple, huh? Well, that wouldn't be a problem. He nodded.

"I imagine Sassshra Sassshra can watch the little ones while we're out, yes. You're fairly eager, huh?"

Valery Noble Valery Noble

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

"Using the Force to move our stuff. Tsk," Valery teased with a grin before she bumped into him and stepped outside. It felt...strange to have so much room to move around. They could get new things for the house they never had the room for before, and all their kids would eventually have their own bedroom too. Just for now, the triplets would all be together in one.

They'd hate it and protest otherwise.

"She can, and Vera will help her I'm sure. I think she'll be busy unpacking her toys and plushies too. Our bedroom is luckily a lot simpler, and the bed is already there. And...all we really need." She flashed a grin for the two meanings behind that statement.

"You think we should get diving equipment or just use the Force to breathe and keep this one?" Last time she went under in this dress and came back up, it was a fun time. But maybe he wanted to be all professional about it.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"How deep do you think the temple really is?" Kahlil raised a brow. Diving equipment wasn't for anything but excessively prolonged exposure underwater. Once the things were inside he looked around a couple of the labeled boxes before reaching down to open one up and pluck out their rebreathers. That was all they were going to need for a little temple dive. He smirked, offering one out to her.

"See?"

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

"Oh."

Valery actually blushed from embarrassment a little, and smiled sheepishly at him. The smirk on his face when he offered her a rebreather got her to pout, but she still snatched it from his hand with a quick motion of her hand.

"I knew that. I meant a rebreather." She knew he'd see right through it, but she just couldn't help herself. To mask it a little, she did smile and quickly turned around to avoid some eye contact, while she pretended to look for something in one of the boxes as well.

"Well, I suppose we can call Sassshra over and get going, then? Or do you first want to get our bedroom set up?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"I think the sooner we go the less embarrassed you'll be about forgetting about these." He just smirked the still ever knowing grin he had. She wasn't going to escape this teasing, not while he was the one still teasing her. He tucked his own away, clicking on a com to ask for their snake friends help, then stepped over beside her to take her hand and pull her along.

"C'mon. Let's get swimming!"

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png
Outfit: Epicanthix dress | Wedding Ring

Valery just squealed something of a response and looked at him as if she was begging for mercy. Her face was red, she felt heat in her chest, and she just didn't know how to talk her way out of this one. Luckily, she didn't have to - he walked over, grabbed her hand and pulled her along towards the lake. Valery's eyes widened a little from the playfulness, and she couldn't stop smiling anymore.

"It's right that way!" She pointed at the forest path, and went down it together with her husband. This exploration mission would be interesting and important for the planet, but it was also just a fun adventure for the two of them.

Once they reached the lake, Valery put on her rebreather and slowly walked into the water. Perhaps to tease a little, but also to get used to the temperature. <Hold my hand and I'll take you there. It's a bit of a swim.>

Kahlil_Div2.png

He followed beside her, slipping on his own rebreather before smirking. Hold her hand, huh? He slipped his into hers before squeezing gently. No, they certainly didn't need to do that, especially while swimming, but he didn't mind it. Hell, it was nice to swim side by side with her into the water. <Well, show me the temple then, love. I'm right beside you.>

SrnmyFajS118r9p3Irqh--1--84u7q_4x.jpg

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

Was it necessary for him to hold her hand as they began their dive? Absolutely not but she liked it, so she made it sound a lot more important on purpose. He knew that, of course, but she knew he liked to hold hands and be together just as much as she did. So, hand-in-hand they started making their way down, and something odd happened right away.

The deeper one goes underwater, the less light will be able to reach those depths. But at this lake, rays of sunlight easily penetrated the water, and illuminated a huge structure at the very bottom of the lake. Its design was not too different from old Jedi Temples, but there were obvious acquatic themes as well.

The Force flowed strongly in this lake.

<Isn't it beautiful?> She grinned underneath her rebreather and squeezed his hand some. <I feel life beyond the walls too, so maybe there is something there still.> There was only one problem - its ancient gates looked closed, and the windows were all still intact.

<We have to find a way inside.>

Kahlil_Div2.png

<You make it sound like we have no abilities or can't do something about this.>

Kahlil would chuckle if they weren't so deep underwater and he needed to keep his rebreather on. Instead he raised their hands, still holding hers, and pointed it towards the door. There were no one in the galaxy that could open the doors the way they could, together. He pulled on the Force, using it to reach for the doors. Tug them open. With her help of course. <Just lend me a hand.>

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

<I swear, if you break the doors to an ancient Temple, I'll... uh...> She stopped there, knowing none of her threats were going to land. She couldn't make him sleep on the couch because she loved to cuddle way too much, and anything else would be turned around against her too. She just grumbled a quiet
"shaddup" in case he decided to tease her about this, and let him raise her hand along with his own.

It was getting a lot cuter to open this door together now.

Through their bond, they synchronized their manipulations of the door, and almost immediately its mechanisms began to shift. Without even a dent, the doors opened, and what they'd see inside was a long hallway leading up to another set of bulky doors. The ground and walls were covered in intricate patterns, while sunlight from above was broken up by glass in the ceiling, illuminating certain parts of the ground.

If they focused on the doors, they'd sense no mechanism or any way to push it open.

<Well, this is odd,> she commented before swimming forward, and as soon as she passed over the first tiles, the patterns on the ground underneath her began to light up. But so did a text on the walls, not too far away. <You uh, like puzzles babe?>

Kahlil_Div2.png

Puzzles, huh?

Kahlil kept close to her as they swam, still holding her hand. A date and a tomb dive, really. Not that this place seemed like a tomb. He hummed as he glanced around, smiling faintly. Even underwater the temple looked as beautiful as it had always been. Though, perhaps it was one that had always been underwater? That'd be interesting. Jedi Temples weren't usually ever made underwater.

<As a Sith my favorite part was solving puzzles. So.. Yeah, actually. I do like them. Hopefully this is y'know, way less deadly.>

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

"Well, I'll let you have a crack at it first, then," She grinned and squeezed his hand before she swam towards the stone tablet. The ground underneath them lit up again as she did, using the light that was coming down to be illuminated. But not the entire path was highlighted — only those tiles that they crossed.

On the stone text, the following was written:

In a chamber bathed in ethereal glow,
The shifting lights dance to and fro.
With every step, the path shall change,
To the rhythm of a celestial exchange.

In shadows dark and shimmering haze,
Follow the stars' intricate ways.
To find the key, look not with eyes,
But seek the truth within the skies.

Where moon and sun align as one,
The secret of this trial is done.
Embrace the Force, let it be your guide,
And through your dance, you'll stride.

"Well, my puzzle expert, what do you think?" She teased him a little and poked his side before looking around the room again. The answer had to be hidden within.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Honestly?"

Kahlil shrugged his shoulders just a little as he read it over, glanced around the room, then back to Valery. And shrugged. "I'm honestly not too sure. I think we have to light up the room, maybe dance some how? But I don't truly understand it. Most Sith puzzles are more 'survive or die'."

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

Valery snickered, "Please don't tell me you were hoping for a survive or die puzzle here," she teased before looking around herself again. "Who knows, maybe this place will also try to kill us if we get it wrong." Valery turned back to him with a grin on her face and finally let go of his hand for once. Not that she wanted to, but this might require it.

"I think you're right, though. The tiles lit up when we passed over them, but only on one side of the path because we were close together." She hummed and swam around in a short but elegant pattern, both to show off and to trigger a few more tiles to briefly light up.

"Maybe we have to activate them in a specific order?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"That'd be more like my childhood."

Kahlil snickered in return, but he nodded, sort started to mirror her own movements as she did her own little twirl. Just to watch the colors that lit up out of curiosity. Ah. Then he looked up towards the ceiling.

"I imagine it's not wholely random. But what could the code be? Probably is written somewhere, no?"

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

"Embrace the Force, babe. Let it be your guide~" She was definitely teasing him at this point and having the time of her life doing it. She didn't often feel like she had anything to mess with him with, after all.

But while she teased away, they both swam and twirled around in the water, mostly at random but as their movements synchronized effortlessly through their bond, there was a sudden, audible click at the doors. They didn't open just yet, but one section of the floor remained lit up now, even if they swam away from those tiles.

"I think this place is meant to be opened by a pair, and not alone. You think it's for safety or something else?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Mm." Kahlil chuckled, looking away from the ceiling to instead feel around with the Force. It was bright here. Warm. Though a frown did form as she mentioned there needing to be a pair. The idea sent a shiver well up his spine. Still, he started to move more and more to the unheard rhythm of the Force, a smile gently forming on his face.

"The Sith idolized that. .. Hopefully it has nothing to do with them."

Epicanthix Colony
div-orange.png

"I don't think this is a Sith Temple. There are no skulls, spikes and other creept things." She smirked again and looked at the ceiling to try and see how the light came down. "I'm not sure what this Temple is at all, to be honest. But whatever it is, I'm sure they had a reason to lock it down this way."

Valery then distanced herself some more, and closed her eyes while she reached out to Kahlil through their bond. The Force was strong in this Temple, and its flow guided them along the water currents. More clicke soon followed, and a shift in the doors meant they finally began to open.

But only a little bit.

Either they were stuck or something else had happened, but they parted only just enough for someone to go through, and beyond the doors was pure darkness. No more light from the ceiling, and nothing to replace it.

"Good thing our lightsabers work underwater, hm?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Some Sith like brighter atmospheres. Easier to have faithful."

Not everything was doom and gloom, though a vast majority was. He wouldn't be surprised if this did turn out to be Sith, knowing his luck, but he was incredibly doubtful of it regardless. He blinked, though, once the doors opened. And raised a brow. Seemed somewhat wasteful to have such large doors if they weren't going to open all the way. He kept that comment to himself, though he also figured Valery heard his thoughts regardless.

He'd play it off anyway.

He swam over to the door, peaking through briefly before nodding and lighting up his saber to lead the way into the darkness. "Our most handy of flashlights, aren't they?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom