Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home is where the heart beckons.

Hope is the elixir of life. (retired)
"Well... hello there, husband," Alex quipped back flashing a lopsided grin his way as she gazed upon Kahne Porte Kahne Porte 's attractive form leaning against the doorway to their bedroom. His eyes were raking her over and it always sent chills down the Taanabian's spine even after all this time.

"Addy and Aiden were invited to join in the Youngling Clans Jamboree," the brunette answered as the Jedi Master scooped her into his arms. "Ditto," she smiled before he kissed her tenderly.

"They won't be back until much later... Shall we make the most of it?"

A mischievous glint was etched in her brandy brown eyes as her dark head tilted towards the fresher suggestively...

"You can tell me all about your mission while you shower."

"Kids will be kids right?" Kahne replied with a smile. He was happy that the twins were out and about living a semi normal life. Well, how normal was the life of a Jedi, but enough to know that they could have fun and be kids as well. The Jedi chuckled when he heard her question and he nodded with a wink. "Most definitely." Kahne answered as he picked up his wife in his arms and carried her the way, laughing the way there. He couldn't have imagined his life any different. When Alexandra came into his life it was one of the greatest things that could have ever happened to him.

It wasn't long that the duo had managed to climb into the shower and as the hot water fell down it brought so much relief even so more that he was with Alexandra. He leaned back into her as he took a deep breath and was extremely content and peaceful in the moment. As he would begin to describe the events leading up the the rescue of an important figure within the Corsucant space, which was taken all the way to Hoth.

"We should maybe take a vacation to Hoth, I hear its real nice this time of year." Kahne said with a small chuckle as he looked over his shoulder to Alexandra in jest. "It was colder than normal."

Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte

Some Time Later.

Kashyyyk
Silvers Rest

It wasn't before long that the Jedi Master was whisked away again on some other grand adventure. Nothing too crazy on a galactic scale, but it was important enough to involve Sith ,Jedi, smugglers and spicers and anything else you could imagine. During his times away without a doubt he missed and longed for his family. He couldn't have asked for a better partner in life than Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte . She had been the one that he had needed and one he was waiting for for all time. He was incredibly blessed to have her in his life. He knew that any ordinary individual would've at some point gotten tired of his escapades across the galaxy. She understood however that he was a Jedi first and foremost, and that was one of the most important things. While part of him wished he could retire away and just life out with his wife and watch his children grow. If that were the case he knew he would love it, but he would never get any actual rest. He would be too busy thinking about what was going on. Whether it be with the Alliance or the Jedi or even individuals he had met on his journeys and adventures.

If she ever asked, there would be times in the night the Jedi would wake up and go sit out back. A glass of Corellian whiskey in his hand and just stare up into the night sky. He often wondered if he was searching for something or if there was something that was calling out to him. Something elusive, but something good and vulnerable. Perhaps someone needed help, or maybe it was just his mind overthinking things sometimes.

It wasn't before long his venture had ended and he had returned to Kashyyyk, sending word to Alexandra that he was indeed returning although he was sure she sensed that long before his arrival. The Jedi Master showered and opted not to shave leaving himself lightly scruffy but it wasn't too bad. The Jedi Master dressed and made his way through Silvers Rest and his ears caught the sound of his children nearby. He walked over to the edge of the balcony and he could see his children playing in the courtyard below with their friends. Kahne just stood and smiled for the longest time. It was good to see them having fun, he wasn't going to bother them, they would see him soon enough.

The only thing he was missing now was his wife.

Silver Rest
Kashyyyk

Upon awakening that morning, Alexandra had felt a subtle change in the ripples of the Force and it could only mean one thing... Kahne Porte Kahne Porte was on his way home!

The hunch later in the day would be confirmed by a message sent when the Jedi Master was within comms range of the temple. Life was about to get good again, not that it wasn't for the Porte's. But on whole, it was so much better when they were together rather than apart. That could be said for most families, but this was hers and definitely it was the case.

After getting out of a meeting, Alexandra sensed her husband's Force signature in the direction of the gardens. One of the skills she had been learning recently was minimizing her presence in the Force. This would be a good test of the new skill.

The brunette's brandy brown orbs spotted Kahne standing on the balcony overlooking one of the grassy areas below where often younglings on break from their classes could be found playing. It just so happened that the Porte twins were among those gathered and his attention was all on them. It was a perfect distraction as she stealthy walked up behind the Naboo Master Jedi and slipped her hands around his head and covered his eyes lightly.

"Guess who?" Alex teased. If he'd not sensed her initially, Kahne probably had gotten a whiff of her perfume as she had put on a little too much in the excitement of his return.

Hearing the laughter and the like from his children and the rest of the kids was something Kahne would never get tired of hearing. He took a deep breath and just smiled before looking up and crossing his arms as he stared out across the canvas that painted Kashyyyk. It was always good for one to either sit or just stand and see, breathe, and feel the energies of the world and and of those around them. He did this quite often during his ventures, the greatest of views was on Naboo. Which was held in Confederacy space and had been for the longest of times. He hadn't been there in some time. He opted to make a trip their sometime soon. It would be be good to see John and Gianna. He wondered what they were doing and if they were well.

The Jedi didn't notice till just before her hands came up over his eyes. A smile came across his face and he heard the voice of his wife, and if it wasn't that then definitely the perfume which left her smelling amazing, not that she didn't already. The Jedi chuckled and his hands reached up to hers and he turned his body completely to face her. Her hands in his as he raised them and kissed them gently.

"Alexandra Porte....." Kahne said with the biggest smile on his face. He closed the distance between them and gave her a sweet passionate kiss, his arms wrapping around her.

"I've missed you so much."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte 's heartfelt joy of seeing Alexandra washed over the Taanabian through the couple's Force bond like a gentle, yet fierce wave if there could be such a thing. Their reunions were always so filled with passion. The Portes had never had a lack of it for one another, and today was no different. Some say when absent the heart grows fonder. Well, then the two Jedi would be fat together with love.

"Mhm, not as much as I, you... It's been rather chilly here at night as of late and I've had no one to warm my cold feet upon," the brunette quipped with a sly wink. Kahne was only too familiar with how his wife liked to warm the chilled extremities including her hands as well. The man put up with it because usually, it ended up in his favor.

The couple shared another sweet, welcome home kiss, then they turned their attention to the children playing on the grassy field below. Alexandra smiled and waved at the twins with their youngling friends, then her brandy brown gaze went back to the dark-haired Naboo; meeting her husband's dreamy blue pools.

"How did the mission go... I mean the meeting with your old padawan? You are such a good mentor to help them out when the need arises," Alex acknowledged with no jealousy noted of the young woman's request especially with the other Jedi being a Zeltron no less! Though, if honest, sometimes it did irritate her when the Jedi Master seemed to just leave on a whim... or was it simply the Force calling to him? He must be on speed-dial!

The rather novice Jedi Knight was not as in tune with the mysteries and intricacies of the Force being a late bloomer; Alexandra only fully realized she was indeed Force-sensitive when pregnant with Aiden and Addison. The former Rogue Leader and Ace pilot was still very much a student of the Jedi arts, and sometimes very frustratingly so. It didn't help that she was older and admittedly more stubborn - set in her ways than the average new Knight.

"The kids will want a full report as well of your travels... and/or gifts," she chuckled softly.

Last edited:
"I can imagine, those feet are like icicles at times." Kahne responded back with a silly smile on his face. He kissed the tip of Alexandra's nose and he then glanced over just as she did to look at their children and waved at them as well. He missed those faces, he urged the children to continue playing though, as they would have time to spend with him later.

Alexandra mentioned his trip and he chuckled slightly. More so because he wasn't sure if he was a good mentor or if he was just being a good friend and father figure to those that he cared about. The Jedi's wisdom only went so far and he knew there was far wiser Jedi than him. Ripley, like Samara he had grown to love like a daughter and he would always be there for them.

Ripley's situation had drawn a dark feeling upon the Jedi Master when she mentioned what had been going on with some of the Jedi as well as her friends.

"There are some disturbances that I want to talk with you about, but we can do that later." Kahne didn't want to spoil this moment with talk of Jedi business going on off world.

"We can let them play a while longer, do you want to take a walk?" Kahne inquired as he gave his wife's hand a small gentle squeeze.

Alexandra didn't need the Force to sense her husband had some deep-seated concerns about something. It was written in the fine worry lines around the edges of the sage Jedi Master's eyes. The Taanabian wondered if it had anything to do with the whisperings and rumors she had been hearing around Silver Rest. She had not gone off-planet in some time. News of the galaxy was few and far between; only official communication in nature for the most part.

"When you're ready to talk about it, I'll be here," Alex winked, always trying to be an anchor in the storm for him, then she grabbed the Naboo's arm and leaned her dark head against his broad shoulder; enjoying his company and closeness in the quiet moment. Brandy-brown eyes watched the kids play some more with the other younglings, then she turned and looked up through her dark lashes as he squeezed her hand.

"I'd love to," the brunette smiled. "Let's stroll through the gardens down to the lake... You know how much I like getting sand between my toes," she chuckled softly with mischief etched in her voice. Sweet memories of Ceto and their beach house came to mind, especially the antics the couple engaged in, though that would be wholly inappropriate here.

There would be plenty of time for that later after Aiden and Addison got quality time with their father. It was hard to know who missed him more though... them or her? Kahne Porte Kahne Porte was his family's world.

She stared at him and it felt in that moment that time had ceased to exist or flow if you could say that. This wasn't the first time the Jedi had been lost among the deep look in her eyes as she started back into him. It wasn't the force but the fact that they had been with each other for so long, she knew him all too well. It was difficult to keep anything from her, not that he tried but stuff perhaps that he didn't want her worrying about. But one could understand what he was saying if they were watching from afar. She leaned her head onto his shoulder and he couldn't help but let out a small content happy sigh. He missed Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte very much, too much. There was time he wished he could retire away and just live his life out with Alexandra and the children, and just sleep. But if he would be able to sleep peacefully would be the question.

"You anchor me, you know that?" Kahne whispered as he raised her hand to his lips and kissed her hand gently.

He smirked slightly at her words trying to his the mischief in his eyes as he looked forward as they walked along the path together towards the lake. Their love was as strong as if ever could be and seemed to grow stronger every day. There wasn't anyone else he could see or imagine himself with. There was a good breeze about today, it was cool and that was always a plus.

"I feel like I'm in a dream right now." Kahne said with a small smile on his face as he gave her hand a squeeze. "These moments with you I feel I don't take enough of them."

"Mhm, I do. It goes both ways, my love," the brunette nodded with a swell of love warming her heart for the man strolling beside her.

The Kashyyyk valley lake that encompassed the northern edge of Silver Rest was especially nice today with the essence of spring in the air on the light breeze. There were small ripples of waves coming into the sandy shoreline and the sun glistened off the dark blue-green water in the bay.

"Well you don't, but we could rectify that quite easily... I could simply tie you to the bed so you can't leave anymore," the Taanabian exclaimed matter of fact of course with a wink to follow, then Alex softened her tone. "Or... We could also think about taking a second honeymoon perhaps since we didn't get a proper first one as you know duty called and Sith happened."

When they got closer to the beachfront, Alexandra stopped at a wooden bench along the pathway and sat down, tugging gently on Kahne's hand to do the same.

"Seriously though, I would love nothing better than to spend more time with you be it for fun times or mission-related stuff... Speaking of which, I'm all ears if you want to talk about whatever has you troubled. Perhaps the peace and serenity of this place alongside me will help you work through the issue."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

He showed a warm smile when she said that it goes both ways. Alexandra was everything he could have ever wanted in someone to spend his life with. She was strong, smart and stubborn at times. He smiled on the inside as he thought about these things. He loved her immensely, he knew she was fully aware of this. "Either would work just fine." Kahne said with a slight devilish smile, as he winked at Alexandra. He knew the time alone would be great, and with what was on his mind. Before he actually set out to do what he was planning on doing, the time with the children, as well as alone with Alexandra would be amazing.

He chuckled lightly when she mentioned the second part as he just looked into her eyes with a sweet smile. She was always there for him, never to pushy on it, but just enough to let him know that she was there. And while it may not have seemed like much.

It meant everything to him.

"You know me too well." Kahne whispered as he nudged her gently and gave her hand a small squeeze.

"I had someone come to me and speak of some things that raised a concern to my mind. Perhaps some internal strife going on with the Jedi Order on Coruscant. I don't have all the details exactly, I trust her word, she is like a daughter to me. She mentioned individuals being single minded, and in some ways begin to show anything that isn't Jedi as wicked or evil. She herself is going through her own struggles. When she first mentioned this to me, I meditated a great deal about the whole situation."

Kahne slowed to a stop as he turned to face her. Taking her other hand in his and raising both her hands to his lips and he kissed them gently before he lowered them back down.

"Whatever this is, has passed beyond my sight. I can feel though, a shadow of some threat growing in my mind. Whether it be internally or some outside force."

"Soon, I will need to go to Coruscant."

"I see," Alex answered softly after listening to her husband explain what was troubling him, loving all of Kahne's sweet touches and tender kisses in between their conversings. He was so attentive and always showed her so much love when they were together.

"Well, I'm sure this person wouldn't have shared their observations with you if they didn't have some truth to them. I find the Jedi so fractured in philosophy, it's not surprising to hear of something like it happening. United as one we are not, sadly. Perhaps even our worst enemy," she nodded thoughtfully, then a small smirk graced her lips as a sienna brow arched up.

"Coruscant, hmm? I haven't been there since... well in a very long time. Would you like company? My schedule is open now that the kids are full-time younglings? I mean, if you are tracking down a possible shadowy threat, you might need some backup... Plus, I can throw in a few benefits along the way to sweeten the deal," the brunette smiled rather knowingly before leaning in for a sensual smooch.

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Last edited:
"Jedi is a almost completely different term today, than it was a thousand years ago. Of course it still stands for peace, hope and Justice. But there are so much more things within, that make it somewhat different." Kahne chuckled as he then let out a small sigh. This return to Coruscant was going to be tough for him, as he well knew that he would be drawn into certain things again. And he wasn't sure if this time, he would be able to get out of them. This was a war, and the wars never ended.

Fought on several fronts, both near and far. And while he knew that if the Jedi failed in their mission, the innocent would die with the rest of them. And that though in itself had solidified his position even more than ever.

"Truth be told I was worried what you would say if I asked you to come with me. To have you there with me would mean a great deal to me." Kahne whispered just before she leaned in and he returned her gesture giving her a soft yet passionate kiss.

"Plus, those benefits would be really nice." Kahne said with a small chuckle as he winked at her.

"Well, I do worry at times if we have been doing right by the children allowing them to attend full-time formal Jedi training here, but so far I only see positive attributes coming from it. They really have blossomed since joining their youngling clan especially Addy. She has finally come out of her shell and Aiden just eats it all up. I think they both will be strong in the Force, like their father. It will be interesting to see what paths they each take going forward."

As the conversation transitioned to Coruscant, Alexandra was pleasantly surprised her husband supported her going with him. In times past, Kahne had gently balked at the idea for one reason or another. She usually just took it in stride, but now that Alexandra was a Jedi Knight on her own, it didn't make sense for her not to at least time to time. So the Taanabian pushed the envelope this time and got the answer she was hoping for.

"I'm glad you agree. You know I'm always here for you however you need me," the brunette smiled brightly. "And... I promise you won't be disappointed," she winked back, then looked down casually at her wristchrono and gave a little sigh. There was never enough 'them' time, but hopefully, that would change when on their mission; two people who are partners in every way. It didn't get much better.

"Hmm... It's getting late. Perhaps we should return and meet up with our younglings. They will be wanting to talk your ear off, peppering you about your travels, and showing off their newly learned knowledge no doubt for the Jedi Master."

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Kahne nodded as he gave her hand a squeeze as they began the walk back. The Jedi sensed that she wanted more time with him, and alone at that. They would get that time soon enough. "I know what you mean, earlier in their training its not so bad, its when they get a bit older that they will need a more personal touch." Kahne knew that if he was going to take up the mantle of training the twins, he would have to be a tad bit firm with them. He knew they would have to understand that it was a much different world they would be entering.

"I know you are here for me." Kahne said sweetly as he glanced towards her. "I just sometimes get in my mindset that I have to do things on my own. I can help everyone, but I don't want anyone to help me." The Jedi chucked slightly, as he knew it was a stubborn and ignorant trait to have, but it was like that sometimes.

He couldn't help it. Not that he was afraid or ashamed to ask for help, he just didn't want to bother anyone with such. He took it as a personal deal to carry the weight of everyone's problem. To hold them without breaking and bare their pain and help them through anything they needed.

They approached and it wasn't to long now they could see them conversing with the other young ones, and he couldn't help but chuckle. "Look at that..." Kahne trailed off before a big smile appeared on his face, the children were getting so big, and seeing the two of them having a conversation and such with the other younglings. Almost as if they were full grown adults having a conversation about current events in the galaxy. To be honest, they probably were, and to this end it made Kahne laugh even more.

As the Portes walked hand-in-hand back towards the Jedi temple, Alexandra wondered if she should bring up that latest news coming from the Assembly or let it wait. It would indeed affect them as a family should the new order go into effect. She decided to broach the subject now so Kahne could meditate about it as he liked to do.

"They are... It seems just like yesterday we were holding Aiden and Addison as newborns in our arms. Time has flown that is for sure, and well spent too. The best thing that has ever happened to me, well besides loving you of course," she smiled back, giving her husband's hand a loving squeeze.

"I thought you should know before your arrival, I was at an assembly meeting that's why I'm all decked out in my more formal Jedi robes. The Grand Master spoke on the status of the Bryn War. There is concern that if the war-front continues to creep coreward, that Kashyyyk could be in danger, thus Silver Rest would be. There is now a plan to move the younglings and inexperienced padawans to the planet of Reytha in the Colonies should the need arise," the brunette's brandy brown orbs gazed sideways at the Jedi Master, trying to get a read on him.

"I'm wondering with you deciding to spend more time on Coruscant, perhaps we should just move our residence to the New Jedi Order's temple there or just wait to see what happens here since it's only an emergency plan. Either way, the twins will bear the brunt of any change, and they were just beginning to bloom too. Since birth really, they've become 'Jedi brats' moving from one place to another seemingly every few years, but that is the life of a Jedi just like that of the military, hmm. One has to learn early on to roll with the punches and make lemonade out of lemons," she chuckled softly, all too knowingly sadly, joining the Starfighter Corps in her youth after the entire Russo family was killed by pirates during a raid of Taanab.

Kahne Porte Kahne Porte

Last edited:
Kahne nodded his head as things turned more serious when she mentioned the meeting she was, filling him in on the events that were transpiring within and around Silvesr Rest. Kahne's brow furrowed slightly at the mention of this as he stood still and then crossed his arms slightly and watched the children play.

Deep in thought....

Kahne knew that this wasn't entirely the life he wanted for the twins, always moving around and such. However give circumstances beyond their control it was something they would have to adjust to and make the best off. The world and universe was changing there was not doubt about that. Even with the destruction of Csilla, the world become that more dangerous. The children being with them would be the best option. The Bryn were pushing further and he knew that the Silvers had a strong will and strength yet he still couldn't help but be concerned. With what he heard about Coruscant and now with the Bryn. Kahne knew he shouldn't devote himself to every place at once, he had to start somewhere and that was Coruscant for the time being. The closer his family was the better it would be for him and them.

"Moving to Coruscant would be the best course of action right now. No doubt you heard about Csilla...." Kahne said as he glanced towards Alexandra with a somber expression across his face. "We must keep our eyes open." The Jedi spoke as he turned back towards the kids, his expression changing as they glanced his way and waved, a smile showing across his face almost immediately. The father waved his hand back and even chuckled. "At all times...."

Kahne glanced towards Alexandra as he showed a smile.

"I'm going to need you with me, as much time as you can spare aside from other duties." Kahne said with a smile, yet his expression was deep and serious. Training, the wars to come, it was going to be a long road ahead of them.

The Jedi Master took a deep breath and he exhaled, the hopeful Master standing steadfast, however he could feel the vestiges of darkness around him.

The wars to come.......

CHAPTER FOUR
~
Growing Older Together

Naboo - Early Fall, 876 ABY
Porte Estate

GADividerWhite.png

After Kahne Porte Kahne Porte had recovered fully from his ordeal during the attack on his homeworld and their grown kids were once again off on their padawan adventures, the Jedi couple decided to return to Naboo and help with the reconstruction efforts under foot.

In doing so, they found the old Zaprin Estate was for sale at a bargain price with a working vineyard and small farm attached, though all needed some TLC to a degree. It was located along the rolling foothills of the Gallo Mountains that were just southeast of the main lake of Varykino in Lake Country. The capital of Theed was north from there. It would be a great place to live out their empty nest days and perhaps even still continue to serve the Jedi Order in some way. Hope was rekindled as her husband would say.

Alexandra stood on the balcony of the house outside the master bedroom and peered out over a most picturesque scene as the sun rose over the mountains with of course a steaming cup of joe in her hands. It didn't get much better than this. She felt at peace once again. It was something that had been lacking in her life for some time. Alex needed this, they needed this. A place to really call home.

The Taanabian signed contently, then took a sip of the hot caf just as a cool morning breeze came along. The temperature difference sent a chill down her spine, but to be honest the brunette didn't care. Now, this was a slice of heaven to be cherished every day.

Last edited:
The healing part was the easiest in comparison to events that were going to transpire in the unforeseeable future for the Porte Clan. Kahne and Alexandra had been on their journey together for many years. Many trials and evils had been brought down on them and together they faced them and they defeated them. Alexandra brought Kahne's, their children into the world. They were his whole world as was she. His great love that he would never forsake, ever. But as the years passed, people get older and that is what has happened the Jedi Master who stepped from the shower. He dried himself off and got dressed for the day. He took a deep breath as he looked himself int he mirror. Time had been good to him, for the most part. The fifty year old Jedi did what he did best. Exercise and such to combat the strains of aging. But age caught up to everyone. But despite everything, Kahne felt amazing and was the happiest he had ever been.

Kahne could see Alexandra on the balcony and just smiled. Even after all this time she still made his heart race and was always looking as beautiful as ever.

He walked up behind Alexandra slowly and gently placed his arms around her waist. "Good morning my love. This couldn't be any more perfect." While the landscape and home itself still had some work to be done to it. It was still amazing and the scenery that was before them was perfect as well.

"I spoke with Aiden yesterday and he said he and his sister would get in touch with us around noon. Just to check in and see how things are going."

"Do you have any news from abroad?"
The Jedi asked curiously.

Alexandra had been leaning up against the balcony's railing when she sensed her husband approaching from the open doors that led back into their bedroom. The brunette took another sip of caf from the mug in her hand, then a smile slowly grew upon her bare pink lips as Kahne Porte Kahne Porte slipped his hands around her middle from behind.

The Taanabian melted back naturally into her husband's warm embrace; the half-full mug of milky brown liquid was in one hand while the other laid lovingly upon the man's arm. She rested her dark head on his shoulder and sighed contently.

"Mhmm... It is a good morning, especially after last night," Alex purred softly, her supple lips placing a sweet peck upon the Master Jedi's cheek.

"But yes, truly this is a beautiful place. I'm so glad you talked me into finally moving here... This is perfect indeed. I'm sorry though that I was so stubborn about it far too long, Kahne. I mean, what was I thinking, seriously?!" she smirked, then turned to face him.

"Noon, hmm? It will be good to hear from them. It seems just like yesterday the twins were babies and we took them on that picnic up under the big tree atop the hill at the old farm... " Her mind pictured that event for just a moment with Addison Porte Addison Porte and Aiden Porte Aiden Porte , the calm before the storm, then she returned to the present with her hazel browns flicking back to the 'thexy' (thoughtful and sexy) man before her.

"News aboard... Other than the Ilum fallout that seems to be pointing toward a full-on war between the Alliance and the Empire in the future?"

Her eyes rolled like 'duh, what else do you think would happen?!'

Well, I did actually have some interesting news of a personal nature. Samara Raine Samara Raine messaged me. She's now on Coruscant working at the temple infirmary as a Jedi doc and her NGO work is over with for now. Also, Sam added but only briefly that Tyrell Caphey Tyrell Caphey is still somewhere out on the Rim with his team doing private security contracting. I don't know if that bit of info was a good thing or bad," she chuckled, then continued.

"How about you... And how did that meeting go with John?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom