Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home is where the heart beckons.

He nestled his head against hers and smirked. "It was a good night." Kahne smiled and chuckled. "I know, I was taken by surprised when you agreed to it." Kahne could understand her concerns and even reservations. But overall, Naboo was a great place. It had natural beauty and just a great atmosphere. He was sure there were other places out there that were just as beautiful, but Naboo had that wow factor. However, Kahne had to take into account that his family was home as well. But now, they seem to be extremely happy now, so that was all that mattered.

He kissed her cheek and he moved to where he stood by her on the balcony, leaning on the railing looking out past the greenery of their landscape.

He hadn't seen Samara in some time, however they kept in touch here lately via communications. She was a daughter to him more than anything. Kahne knew her for a very long time. "I'm sure she is doing well over there. Ask her if it's not to much trouble to keep an eye on the twins. Not overprotecting, but just to be aware. My senses tell me that with this looming war that our paths will all cross together again, unfortunately in this war." Kahne digressed for a moment as he drifted off of Samara for a bit. "Samara might not be took keen with the idea Tyrell being so far. That's enough for anyone to not like."

The Jedi Master raised his hands and stretched slightly. "The meeting went well. More catching up than anything. It was good, I hadn't seen John in so long. It was good to catch up."

Kahne looked over to Alexandra and smiled. His hand reaching for her own, giving it a small squeeze.

"Do you want to go for a walk?"

Alexandra Porte Alexandra Porte

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
"Mhm... I'm glad that you don't stray too far from home anymore. I am partial to my feet warmer being beside me at night," Alexandra chuckled flashing a sly smile Kahne Porte Kahne Porte 's way as now he stood at the balcony's railing with her enjoying this special time together. "And that your meeting with John was seemingly productive."

The Taanabian took another sip of caf as her husband held her other hand. She took another long look over the snowcapped Galo Mountains in the short distance that framed the backdrop of the farm and vineyard on their land, then her hazel brown gaze flicked over to the Jedi Master. Alex had some ideas of what they could do with the estate now that they had it fixed it up more to their liking after it had fallen into disrepair by the previous owner.

"I'd love to, sweetheart! I guess we just need to be back by noon for the kids' call, right? Give me a second to get dressed in something more appropriate. I couldn't find my nightgown this morning so I'm just wearing my robe... " she let that hang in the air for a moment, then the minx handed Kahne her mug and sauntered back into the bedroom through the double doors.

It was going to be a good day.

Last edited:
He knew that his wife was happy that she was closer and even at home more often. He would try to keep it that way for the most part. He wanted to live these later days with his wife and just live their life. But they were both Jedi, and he knew that was always going to be in their lives. It would come up at some point, and when they were asked for help.

They couldn't just say no.

Kahne just smirked and shook his head slightly. His wife was always so mischievous, especially when they were alone. He loved every minute of it. Their loved had never ceased, especially their antics in the bedroom. Both were still incredibly healthy for the most part and in still very good condition. No doubt they had found themselves in the bedroom more often that not lately. With the children gone, it was just them and they spent a great deal of time together. Kahne was dressed pretty comfortably, there was a good breeze in the air, the scent of Naboo and the waterfalls, the deep plains they carried strongly throughout the planet.

He waited near the hall of their home for her to meet up with him.

It didn't take long for Alex to get dressed. Casual was her style nowadays usually wearing a simple shirt, pair of jeans, and boots with a knitted poncho over the top today as the morning air was on the coolish side this early in the day.

Alexandra came down the staircase with a smile and a bounce in her step, then joined Kahne Porte Kahne Porte who was waiting for her in the foyer. It was good to see her husband in such a relaxed mood, though inside she knew he was a hard man to corral for very long. Soon enough the Jedi Master would want to get back out there. Duty to the Force had always been a constant in his life and should be from a certain point of view as the rank of Master Jedi came with great responsibilities.

"You ready?" the brunette beamed at the handsome Naboo, then she opened the door and walked out onto the porch with a purposeful stride.

"I have been doing a lot of thinking lately," Alex said, slipping her hand into her husband's as they started to stroll down the dirt road towards the vineyard and small working farm on their estate.

"I still want to contribute to the Jedi Order after settling here, but up until now didn't quite know how best to use the knowledge and skills I have honed over the years in that regard. I've always floundered a bit trying to find my niche, in this newer calling to me this late in life," she gave Kahne a sideways glance, then continued.

"Well, what about the AgriCorps? Perhaps we or more so me, the farmgirl at heart, could open a small Jedi chapter house here on our land for initiates chosen for that path. There once was one on Taanab, and I feel it would be a tradition I'd like to continue... on my new homeworld as it is."

A warm smile graced Alex's face as she squeezed Kahne's hand.

"So what do you think, love? Is it doable or am I just dreaming of something that might have been if the endgame scenario would not have happened?"

Last edited:
"Ready." Kahne spoke as she came out looking as fine as she was the day they met. A big smile on his face as their hands locked together. He leaned in and kissed her cheek softly. He took a deep breath, there was a good breeze today, it felt incredibly nice. Moments like these almost made him forget that he was a Jedi. That he was just husband on a stroll with his wife, and it turned out today that was what was happening.

"I have been doing a lot of thinking lately,"

"Oh yea?" Kahne inquired curiously, as he looked towards Alexandra with a smile.

"I still want to contribute to the Jedi Order after settling here, but up until now didn't quite know how best to use the knowledge and skills I have honed over the years in that regard. I've always floundered a bit trying to find my niche, in this newer calling to me this late in life,"
"Well, what about the AgriCorps? Perhaps we or more so me, the farmgirl at heart, could open a small Jedi chapter house here on our land for initiates chosen for that path. There once was one on Taanab, and I feel it would be a tradition I'd like to continue... on my new homeworld as it is."
"So what do you think, love? Is it doable or am I just dreaming of something that might have been if the endgame scenario would not have happened?"

He felt the squeeze of her hand, and he brought it up and kissed her hand. A tender,warm and loving kiss for his wife.

"I think that is a fantastic idea." Kahne said as he leaned his head into hers as they kept on walking. "We can expand the homestead, make this place more than this. Provide a home for those in the Agricorps. I've got contacts with John's company and they would love to help assist. We've been able to save up a good amount of money. I'm lucky this Job with Locke and Key Mechanics has been good to me and us."

"You always have my support Alexandra."
He stopped as he turned to face her, taking her other hand in his smiling the entire time. "You are my rock and my great love. I'm with you, all the way." He whispered to her, as if they were surrounded by hundreds of people. But it was just them two in that moment. He leaned in and gave her a gently kiss.

"Well, I was thinking we could possibly expand and remodel the bunkhouse to accommodate the new farm workers, keeping the main house for our family. As far as any other visitors... There is an abandoned mountain bunker not too far away that could be used as a safe house I suppose for river folk passing through too." Alex answered as she had been giving this whole venture a lot of thought especially while Kahne Porte Kahne Porte was in Theed on business.

The Taanabian faced her husband and smiled back brightly.

"I know, but hearing you say so, well... It just makes my heart so full and I love you even more," she shared, then leaned in and kissed her husband sweetly.

When the tender moment was over between the Portes, the brunette slipped her arm through his and began walking again.

"I spoke to Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira already to see from her end of things if this would be a good idea or not. The Twi'lek Master said she'd talk it over with Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser the next time they met up... Cambria did think it was a good idea, though cautioned that we should go forth slowly and on a small scale. There is a growing darkness in the Southern Reaches she reports and didn't want us to put an X on our backs unnecessarily."

The plans and thoughts were there as he looked towards Alexandra with a big smile.

"We can definitely do that. Expand that bunkhouse, members of the agricorps could stay there. I was thinking about putting a small training room and meditation room alongside the house. If there were those that wanted training, just something small for us as well."
Kahne kissed his wife on the cheek as they continued walking.

"Ive still got many contacts and friends from the Alliance of Old." Kahne spoke with a small chuckle and laugh even. "There were those that I fought with and escaped Lothal with and even then, they don't owe me nothing. But they still continue to serve and fight for me as if I am still their commander." The Jedi Master brought his hand up to rub his chin lightly. "I guess that is what hope instills in people." Kahne said as he looked over to Alexandra briefly before looking ahead. That was essentially his mantra, well now their family mantra of sorts. It was something that he adopted many, many years ago. And it took root within his family.

"They wouldn't mind helping out here as a sort of security force of sorts." The Jedi Master spoke, and the talk turned of Cambria and Coren and the growing darkness in the Southern parts. "It's out there, and it grows strong." He shook his head also with a slight mild disgust in his voice. This wasn't for the dark side itself, but the presence of evil within that darkness. "They are both good and strong people. Some of our strongest allies in the galaxy. We need to assist however we can." The Jedi Master highly respected those individuals. " Coren Starchaser Coren Starchaser , Celeste Rigel Celeste Rigel and Cambria Zadira Cambria Zadira they are not alone in these endeavors." The Jedi Master would follow any of them to the end, just as he would his wife.

"It seems like we are going to have an x on our back regardless my love." Kahne couldn't help but chuckle give her a small squeeze of her arm. "I am strongest when I am with you. You give me strength to keep going, you gave me the further hope to fight on especially for our kids. I am with you all the way."

A few weeks later...

With the harvesting of their vineyard grapes finished, it was time to sort, then crush them so the fermentation process could get started for the next year's selection of wine. It would be the first of the official Porteus brand to be bottled and sold. A few experimental bottles had been made, but those were only for private use at this point.

Alexandra had rather enjoyed being out in the fields helping the farm workers painstakingly hand-pick the delicate fruit directly off the vine. Yes, droids could have done it quicker and less backbreakingly so but they also tended to damage more of the varietal bunches than not lessening the overall crop yield by at least a quarter... And that was a waste when a little manual hard work never killed a person to do.

That was the same way the Taanabian thought about the Force. She never let the twins use it frivolously growing up and frowned upon her husband doing so too for simple, everyday tasks, but her 'Russo glare' usually just got a chuckle out of the Jedi Master.

Speaking of which, she was anxious for Kahne Porte Kahne Porte 's return after he'd gone to visit their daughter on Coruscant at the temple. Addison Porte Addison Porte had been going through a rough patch it seemed with her career path and he had gone to cheer the young Jedi pilot u, but more so to give supportive reassurance and/or fatherly pearls of wisdom to his not-so-little girl anymore. Of both their children, Alex would have thought Aiden Porte Aiden Porte would be the one having the most trouble integrating, but quite the opposite from his glowing reports and overall happy nature.

Standing at the sorting station just outside the winery, Alex felt a fleeting sensation that sent a slight chill down her back, one she'd sensed before when out in the field in the warmth of the mid-day sun; perhaps like something or someone was watching her, but when checked nothing of note either visually or in the Force came to be. And, the Jedi Knight's danger sense hadn't set off alarm bells either.

Strange... Something to maybe discuss with Kahne or not. Probably just my overactive imagination when he's not around, the brunette mused to herself before pushing back some stray long bangs with her forearm that had fallen out of the ponytail worn.

Alexandra continued to separate the under and over-ripe grapes from the pristine ones, then with some amusement looked down at her red-purple-stained hands. She probably should have worn gloves... oh well. Like her father used to say, a farmer is only as good as the dirt under their nails. Hopefully, that meant the wine that came from this labor would be good.

The Jedi Master's venture was overall successful, he had spent some much needed time with his daughter, manage to spend some time with both of his children together which was a naturally good time. They had both grown up so much, but no matter what. They would always be his children. Addison would always be his little girl, his princess. Just as Aiden would always be his little boy. While he wouldn't be that parent and coddle them while in the presence of their colleagues. He would definitely show them infinite amounts of love when they were home and such.

Kahne disembarked from his vessel as he landed on Naboo. Getting notice from a few of the farm workers that were taking a break. He went inside and dropped his bag off in the room and dressed much more in his farm hand clothing so he could assist. Every since things had taken off, he had manage very well his job at Locke and Key and to being here on the farm. Alexandra had extended this work far greater than he could have ever done. She had a true knack for this sort of stuff, and in this case, he was the learner and she the Master.

With that he couldn't help but laugh. Dressed to work he went back outside and spoke with some of the farmhands, just discussing his trip and inquiring how they were doing. Seeing if they needed anything and such things like that.

He could see his wife from afar and he did his best to try and sneak up on her. He was more than sure she sensed him approaching though, in many ways there were one. He wrapped his arms around her from behind and gave her a series of playful kisses on her neck.

"Are you taken Miss?" Kahne questioned playfully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom