Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"His Legacy Is Now Mine"

"His Legacy Is Now Mine"
640px-TarisUpperCityConcept1.jpg
| [member="Draco Vereen"] |

Taris was a hub for business and racism, stretching back centuries before the Four-Hundred Year Darkness. A society based on three levels, where the undesirable were left at the bottom and the desirable at the top, was something that Darth Ayra found ironic, considering her status in the grand scheme of things. Draco Vereen, a famous Mandalorian, was identified as the last known owner of Darth Vectivus' Holocron. Through a proxy on Formos- a criminal group known as the Purple Rejects- Darth Ayra had managed to procure a rare meeting with Vereen in a tower in the Upper City. She had arrived by shuttle craft, choosing to leave the Initium on Sojourn, following the recent attack on the Naboo in Theed City. She wouldn't underestimate Vereen, his sources or his intelligence. She had decided to play it safe with this one.

The shuttle had taken her to landing platform that led into the tower. Stepping out of the shuttle and out onto the platform, Darth Ayra kept the cowl of her robe raised over her head. Lifting her eyes to the tower- each brimming with the power of the dark side- she alerted Vereen that she had arrived and waited for what happened next.

Under normal circumstances, anyone foolish enough to put a bounty on his property would be mailed a bomb or perhaps a chemical weapon. Coomb spores had once been a preferred method of getting the point across. Draco couldn't say truthfully he hadn't considered doing something like that to the Purple Rejects or whomever had hired them.

He had also carefully considered actually delivering the Holocron of Darth Vectivus to them. The Holocron was powerful for certain, but Vereen had studied it extensively and made datacrons of its important parts. It contained dangerous knowledge for certain, but now that he was no longer a Sith Lord, and his interests had changed and turned elsewhere, he wasn't as interested in gathering Dark Side information. Other than guarding the information on the Holocron, he had no interests in it anymore.

The tower the corporate behemoth operated from on Taris wasn't the tallest or most ornate tower, however it served its purposes just fine to his tastes. Draco, along with his second sat in an office near the top of the administration tower, a comfortable executive office, furnished with a caf table and a quartet of red cushioned polished veshok wood chairs, in contrast to the dark colors of the room. The panoramic window looked out over the kilometers of cityscape devoted to producing arms and munitions for the Mandalorian Clans.

Aten Vizla sat in the chair beside the Mandalorian Warlord, waiting to accept the leader of the Purple Rejects. A security team would scan the individual for explosives or any other serious weapon. Something as personal as a Lightsaber wouldn't be confiscated as a sign of respect, but beyond that molecular level scans were pretty comprehensive. It was almost as though the Alor had survived five or six assassination attempts in the recent past and his people were a little protective.

Draco sat in his beskar'kandar, customary for a Mandalorian to wear when meeting someone, as did his compatriot, however at the moment their helmets rested on the table before them. Once alerted to the presence and rough description of the person seeking him, the warrior signaled for her to be allowed up to the office. "Well, Let's see, I spent two or three million on the blasted thing, what do you think fair trade would be?"

"Something you can use preferably. Isley hasn't gotten back about trading datacrons for a supply contract so we are kinda in limbo with his sect until he does."

Draco nodded and sat waiting facing the door for the woman who had come when he requested the leader of the Purple Rejects. She looked, familiar.

Darth Ayra entered the tower and was brought up to the room where Draco Vereen was waiting. Lowering the cowl of her robe, the Dark Lord's face in a state of advanced degradation. Sunken eyes, with brimmed with the power of the dark side. Chalk white skin, that was cracked in places. An aquiline nose, which rested above blood like stained crimson lips. She was a muscular woman, despite her petite frame. A single Lightsaber hung from a belt, with a pair of ear plugs hung in her ears.

"We meet at last, Draco Vereen. I have been looking for you for a very long time," said Darth Ayra coldly.

The mandalorian warrior remained seated, watching the woman who entered the office with interest, his storm grey eyes following her, cataloging her every move. He motioned to a chair in front of him for her to take. "Yes, though I'm not that hardest person to get a hold of. A bounty though, I almost mailed you a bomb in null resin and neuranium." Draco smiled warmly, as though he had not admitted to considering killing the bounty poster outright. "I'm glad that I didn't and that we could have this meeting. I believe in opportunity. Opportunities that are mutually beneficial." Such results normally lead to future business dealings, though the Mandalorian doubted he had more that the woman was seriously interested in.

"I believe we've spoken about the same holocron before. The Holocron of Darth Vectivus. At the time you were associated with the One Sith, were you not? I believe I denied you then because I didn't want to see the information you sought to fall onto Glee Anslem's required reading list like so many other Sith spells and magicks." Draco may no longer care about the information within the Holocron, however it was dangerous, not to be handed out lightly. He knew of two holocrons that held the rituals and spells regarding Force Phantoms in existence, both accounted for. The Academy at Glee Anslem was very good, and produced a few fine Sith Knights, but it was also fast and loose with teaching its acolytes extremely dangerous and powerful rituals they couldn't hope to actually control or successfully use.

There were a couple things that could have happened between now and then. Given the enormous physical changes in her appearance due to Dark Side corruption, it was likely she had come into contact with something of significant power and influence that hastened her corruption. Or she was aware of how to preform masks to hide her corruption at times. Or, she had advanced very quickly through the ranks and was indeed a former Acolyte training under Darth Pyyrhus. To the warrior, any of the three were plausible, but he leaned towards the first. She had sought a powerful Holocron before, that no acolyte would have been able to glean information or instruction from without assistance, which had caused him suspicion then, though he thought at the time Pyyrhus was trying to tempt him with one of his bed's rejects. Given the changes though, she was probably in possession of something dark and foul.

"You can understand my hesitation in handing the artifact over to you. Its a dangerous thing, even in trusted hands. What is it you can offer in exchange for it? How much are you willing to part with in order to possess it?" He had paid somewhere in the ballpark of three million credits and barter for the holocron at auction, he was aware of how much he could get for it via private auction and how much Aurora Industries would probably shell out to secure it in a vault somewhere. But, no one had offered solid barter for the information the device contained. This would tell him how obsessive the woman was, how much she truly desired the Holocron of Darth Vectivus. There weren't many things Draco needed or wanted, but there were some he might be willing to trade for, however the Sith before him could offer him the moon as the saying goes.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

Darth Ayra looked at Draco for a long time. She gauged his stormy, cloud grey eyes. The long locks of black hair, that sat on top of a handsome, if not ragged looking face. She instantly hated him, but the dark side of the Force was a subtle thing, and so she hid her hatred for the Mandalorian. She took her seat, resting her manicured hands on the table and listened as Draco spoke.

"I have fought for the One Sith in the past. I believe that, at some point, someone has fought for the Empire in the past. Whether it was on Kashyyyk, Telti and so on." She dismissed his jibe about the Purple Rejects, revealing that she didn't care for the group on Formos. They were simply a means to an end. She was typically Sith.

"I have never been to the Gree Anselm academy. And I have no reason to go ever go. Typically, such information is not shared among the Sith and I have no reason to break this trend. The Holocron of Darth Vectivius would belong to me. And nobody would know of who has it except you and I."

Tapping her fingers on the table, the Dark Lord gritted her teeth. It was an involuntary reaction, born out of the parasites that had infested her body, who were concealed beneath the garments she wore. The brief lapse of concentration faded and Darth Ayra was back in control. Lifting her eyes to Draco, she went on, speaking in a slow, methodological tone. A copying mechanism, so as to let a trait of pain be heard through each syllable she announced.

"You are a rich man. But I could make you far richer. Five million credits is no small fee, in this days economy and no doubt, the sudden availability of five million credits would go a long way to that resin and neuranium you spoke of, and of course, the protection of Alderaan." It was certainly subtle, but the addition of Alderaan into the negotiation was a tactic to put Draco on the defensive. That it wasn't just Darth Ayra that was bartering for something, but rather, they had both had something that each other wanted. She was no psychic, and so Darth Ayra could never fathom that it was love that made the Mandalorian so defensive of the Alderaan system and a certain family on the planet's surface, for the Dark Lord had never known love, but she was a clever woman and she could understand an investment when she saw one.

"I wouldn't even notice if five million credits went missing from my accounts. It would likely take my accountant a few days of asking around before he realized it hadn't been misplaced or spent on a shopping spree. Credits aren't what I'm interested in." Draco smiled for a moment. One of those warm smiles that seemed out of place given the context of the situation. "And, as much as Alderaan may appreciate the gesture, one of the noble's has a palace with a gold plated floor. They are doing quite well." He considered choking the woman to death, or crushing her skull like a fruit with his crushgaunts for what he perceived as a subtle threat. To be a Sith and come in, quietly mentioning his home, just to let him know she knew about it. It wasn't a secret, which caused Draco to fill in the meanings on his own. He had no intention of worrying about the Sith Lady trying to go the easy route to get what she wanted.

For a moment he contemplated it, backing out or not offering any sort of deal would mean he would have to kill her. Right here. Right now. She probably didn't realize it, but she also couldn't refuse any deal he offered or it would similarly bind him in a corner. It would be hard on the cleaning lady. He spoke again, preceding with offering up a mutually beneficial deal, something that could leave both parties feeling satisfied. "But, there are things I desire in the galaxy. Money I have. Money I can basically print myself. But, things, knowledge I can't manufacture." The Mandalorian nodded to his compatriot who stood and walked behind them to a counter, retrieving a briefcase from it and returning. "I'm not sure if you are aware of it, but I fancy myself a craftsman. I've been digging around, and there are three schools of thought I am interested in. However, I have a plethora of contacts being a successful businessman and all, I can call upon those contacts for most of the information I seek. The one I'm having trouble digging up, is Jal Shey Imbuement." The briefcase found its way to sit behind his chair, before the other Mandalorian returned to his chair.

The briefcase closed and was placed behind the Mandalorian's Chair quietly. "Bring me a holocron or datacron, or what have you, with information and instruction on the Jal Shey teachings and imbuement suitable for a Master, or Mentor I believe they called them, and I will be willing to trade with you." The Mandalorian seemed to be done talking, though he didn't relax in his chair, still seated upright and attentive. His mind wasn't locked as tight as it could have been, but he was adequately protected from mental probing and influence, enough that he would realize attempts to break or slither through his defenses. He had to be prepared though, given the situation he had been put in. Could be a fun fight, but it wouldn't help him with achieving his goals.

[member="Darth Ayra"]

Darth Ayra wormed her tongue between the crevice of her upper and lower molars, allowing it to slither across her teeth in an effort to cleanse them. Effectively, she was biting her tongue. It was obvious that the discontent- for lack of better word- was unanimous between her and the Mandalorian that sat across from her. She felt like explaining why the Holocron did not belong to him. That it was her property- it had been for the past twenty or so years- and that he should return it before he crossed her. The temptation to draw her Lightsaber was so, that Darth Ayra's fingers twitched in anticipation of hearing that ominous snap-hiss of the weapon, coupled with the sight of blood.

"Of course... I will get this for you," said the Dark Lord, lowering her eyes to her hand. The twitching continued, involuntarily, and it concerned her. She focused on her hand and it stopped shaking, however minute it was. Lifting her eyes back up to Draco, Darth Ayra sighed annoyingly. "I will be in touch when I have procured the Jal Shey teachings."

Rising up to her feet, the Dark Lord's chair skidded backwards off her behind. She turned, leaving it out of place from the table, and coolly lifted her fingers to the hem of her hood. She turned her gaze to Draco, the cowl of her robe halfway from reaching her head, stranded among a sea of chalk white and dark blonde hair. Normally, the Dark Lord offered a warning. Something along the lines of 'do not cross me', as she had done in meetings with the likes of Rave Merrill or Darth Ferus. But this time she didn't want to. It was the ominous stare of the Mandalorian that stopped her in her tracks.

If Darth Ayra didn't know better, then she might have admitted that Draco intimidated her. But that invited the possibility that she feared someone. The Dark Lord of the Sith feared nobody. Fear was a constant ally of hers, to be used to subjugate and manipulate others, but never on herself. Despite this, the brief meeting between the two had been worth the trip to Taris, despite the fact that this could have been settled over a holo-call. She had learned that Draco Vereen was not a man easily trifled with, as she had trifled with others. For once, Darth Ayra respected a worthy opponent, knowing that even after she had procured the Jal Shey teachings and Darth Vectivus' Holocron, one day their encounters together would end in bloodshed and the Dark Lord wasn't entirely sure it would end with hers, his or both.

Lifting her hood over her head, Darth Ayra left the room without a word, and five minutes later, she was back on the landing platform, boarding another transport back to the Taris City spaceport to get off world.

| [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Deneve Verd"] | [member="Draco Vereen"] |

It had been three days since the meeting on Taris. Through her various contacts in Hutt space; the Black Tie Syndicate; and an acolyte on Gree Anselm, Alicia had tracked down a probable place where the Jal Shey had ventured to. Before she could venture out, however, she had got in touch with her vode in the Mandalorian Empire, who had agreed to help her with the job. She hadn't heard of Charlyra Araano before today, whilst she had yet to meet Deneve Verd in person. As for Siobhan Kerrigan, her reputation proceeded her, particularly in the One Sith.

The Indispensable-class corporate flagship sat somewhere near the Mandalorian Empire's space. It wasn't in a star system, and if not for the beacon that Alicia had activated, then she doubted anyone would be able to make contact. She bit her lower lip. Anticipation gripped her. She never liked it when her seminal life as a businesswoman interacted with her other one. To that end, she hadn't alerted Draco Vereen where she, the Indispensable or her group were meeting. She would get in touch with the Mandalorian when he had what he wanted.

As the Firemane corvette approached the rendezvous point. Charlyra was overcome with memories, she found herself slipping a metallic hand into the grasp of Siobhans's hand. It hadn't been something she meant to do, but it felt reassuring to have her master along with her. It also felt good to feel the touch of another, even if she had been the one to initiate the contact. Admittedly, the Dark Jedi Padawan had not directly mentioned just where her master had fallen to anyone at Firemane. Siobhan had picked up on Charlyra's distress during the briefing, deciding to accompany her newest acolyte on this trip instead of sending another. Pang of guilt, anguish and grieve washed over her and for a moment if one were to peer up at her eyes. Behind the shadows of the deep crimson hood, were tear stained eyes - staring out the window, with a lost gaze.

For the first time, in years. She had allowed herself to come face to face with Taris. Standing beside Master Kerrigan, Charlyra used her free hand to pull the cloak down. Her jet black hair unfurled, spilling over her shoulders. One hand outstretched, touching the transparisteel. This was more than just a run to aid someone, this was part of Charlyra's healing process. She blinked away the tears as they came, letting them fall. Taking a deep breath she turned away from her reflection curling her body into Siobhan's. It feels as if I'm being buried alive. Survivor's guilt weighed heavily upon her, her hands gripped at the fabric of her Master's robes as the battle of the past came to grip at her senses.

The years she had spent running from this very moment, swept her emotions. She wanted to be free of the burden, free of the heavy hand that the darkness seemed to have over her. I'll never escape this, will I? Why am I back here? A job, she had a job to do and that she could understand. Regaining her composure she peeled herself away from Master Kerrigan's warmth, jaw clenched as she put a hand on her face. She could hear Master Kerrigan in her mind, she wasn't alone and by being here. She could face the past and overcome it, she could free herself. Tugging at the lighter v-shaped goldenrod robe beneath her crimson cloak, she breathed in, and out, in and out.

"I am ready, Master." Charlyra tells Siobhan with her typical confidence. Doing her best to disregard the softness of the moments that had just past. To forget that even for a second, she had allowed herself to feel the hurt of yesterday's regret.

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

[member="Charlyra Araano"]

Siobhan had originally intended to assign someone else to accompany Charlyra on this quest. Elpsis Elaris had come to mind, since the young, fiery redhead could use the experience and she could see the two working well together. However, she'd changed her mind at the last moment. The reason was simple: The young Acolyte had not directly mentioned where her Jedi master had perished, but Siobhan had been able to connect the dots. Thusly it felt grossly irresponsible to stay behind in her shiny villa on Tygara, given the profound loss and distress the young woman was feeling. Ergo she had accompanied her after all.

Siobhan winced strongly when Charlyra's cold, metallic hand touched hers, which as a matter of fact was a cloned one. The 'Angry Birb' had one hell of a grip, but despite the evident pain Siobhan refused to pull away and release her. To do so would mean she was unworthy of being the girl's teacher.

"It's ok, sweetie. Let the tears fall. I'm here. You're not alone in this," she spoke softly in a soothing tone that could be described as motherly or like that of a big sister trying to comfort her younger sibling. There was no magic wand to take the girl's pain away and in any case that would have smacked of brainwashing. Facing this was all part of the healing process, but Siobhan would give her all the support she could.

"You can face this. He's not gone completely. You carry him in your heart, you're his legacy." She did not pull away when Charlyra curled her body into hers. Instead, she pulled the woman into an embrace. The Countess reached out with her hand to gently wipe some tears away from the young woman's cheeks.

She smiled thinly when Charlyra said she was ready. She was not alright, but perhaps it was a start. "When Adril died, it felt like my world fell apart. Felt like I was drowning in an ocean of despair, but I pulled myself out of it, thanks to some remarkable people. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but you'll succeed, dear. Keep your master close to your heart and remember the good times," she said softly.

Then she patted the girl on the shoulder. "You're a very brave woman. Take time to compose yourself if you need it. We're approaching the rendezvous point." Suffice to say Siobhan was unaware of the alternate identity of Ms. Drey. Anyhow, they had relics to hunt and stuff.

| [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Deneve Verd"] |

The shuttle bay doors opened to the flagship, allowing Siobhan's transport to dock. Alicia was waited in the hangar bay for the pair, to greet and welcome them to her ship. As the shuttle bay doors closed, sealing the ship off from the vacuum of space, Alicia watched as Siobhan's craft touched down. Making her way to the ship, she waited for the pair to disembark, wanting the first person they saw to be her.

"Welcome to the Indispensable," said Alicia. "Your reputation proceeds you, Ms. Kerrigan. And who is this?" Turning her gaze to Charlyra, Alicia observed the girl whilst Siobhan explained.

[member="Charlyra Araano"], [member="Alicia Drey"]

The ship's landing ramp lowered and Siobhan strode down, presumably with Charlyra in tow. Siobhan had a bit of a limp, but her stance still radiated elegance, power and command. Indeed, she walked like a woman who gave the vibe that she thought she thought herself a queen.

Pride was her sin. "It's likewise a pleasure to meet you, Ms. Drey," Siobhan said politely, though more formal than warm. After all, she didn't know the woman and was here for business. Thankfully, the Countess was not accompanied by a herald who'd recite all sorts of titles Siobhan had given herself. This was probably for the best. "This young lady is Charlyra Araano, one of my acolytes and a dear friend." There was a strong note of fondness in her tone when she spoke about her.

Charlyra gave a bow of respect toward Ms. Drey, the acolyte's force aura radiated. "A pleasure Ms. Drey." She said with an even tone. The acolyte had been one of the last to have trained on both Coruscant and Tython. And while she may wear the robes of the Firemane Order; her heart still bled for her old cause, for the republic and the light. She stood just to the side and foot behind her Master. Choosing to soak in her Master's aura like one would cling to the skirt of their older sibling. With their small talk out of the way, the acolyte follows her Master and Ms. Drey as they walk through the Indispensable. Robes flowing in motion behind her as she kept her pace. Eyes surveying the vessel, surveying those aboard it in the way a creature might survey their prey. She did not know nor trust Ms. Drey, and while there was a job to do, it didn't discount Charlyra's own insecurities. Looking down at her own metallic arms, she kept her composure while keeping step with the other two women.

[member="Alicia Drey"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

| [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] | [member="Charlyra Araano"] | [member="Deneve Verd"] |

Alicia nodded to Charlyra, saying: "Welcome to the Indispensable." Averting her gaze from the acolyte, Alicia settled her eyes back onto the Countess. "If you could both follow me." Turning, Alicia led the couple away from their transport and up a flight of stairs. When they reached the next deck, they approached a turbolift, which Alicia called for.

As they waited for the lift to arrive, Alicia turned her gaze to the two, striking up conversation. "As you know, we are here to retrieve a manuscript created by a sect of Force-sensitives known as the Jal Shey. What I didn't tell you was that they are for a contractor, who has asked me to procure the manuscript for them. My contacts in the Mandalorian Empire spoke highly of you, Ms. Kerrigan. I look forward to seeing you at work."

The lift arrived. Climbing in, Alicia continued to speak after the lift's doors closed and begun it's ascent to the bridge. "I do not anticipate any violence. I have arranged for us to make a jump to the Tython system, without interference from the Sith. It should be simple, but nothing ever is simple, and should we find ourselves in a spot of trouble, then I apologise in advance. I'm handy with a blaster, but if we were to come across a Sith, then I'm afraid I will be next to no help against someone who can use the Force."

"I work on the basis that if you ask no questions, then I shall tell you no lies. Suffice to say, I have a vague idea of where this manuscript is. When we are off Tython and have the manuscript for ourselves, then we can copy and divide it's contents between the three of us. Four, if Deneve ever turns up. We are working in a short window, however. So if you do have any questions, I will try to answer them as best as I can."

[member="Alicia Drey"], [member="Charlyra Araano"]

"I'm sure you understand that I do not sign up on faith alone. I prefer seeing all cards laid on the table. It makes business transactions easier," Siobhan said. She had not only her own safety to think of, but also Charlyra's. She was not the most trusting woman. After all, she headed her own megacorporation.

"The One Sith aren't the superpower they used to be, but Tython is in the middle of their territory. How do you intend to get there and retrieve the item without being detected and swarmed by their minions? And where do you believe this manuscript is?" Straightforward questions, perhaps not the most tactful, but it was serious business.

When one was Isley's daughter and surrounded with a bunch of lug heads daily, they tended to be scatter brained. This such occurrence happened on day that Deneve had made plans to help with a tiny project. So when her data pad gave the alert, she silently cursed and moved to board her ship.

Moving quickly towards the beacon it wasn't long before she found herself coming up upon Alicia's ship. Maneuvering her ship, so that she might board Alicia's ship. She would make a quick call on the Holo-net.

"Deneve Verd here. My apologies on my running late.." Cutting off communication , it wasn't long before she found herself entering Alicia's. Glancing around, she would catch wind of her name and then head in the direction of the voice.
Footsteps slow and sure advanced forth in the direction of her host, her intent to catch up and hear just exactly it was that was planned.

[member="Alicia Drey"][member="Charlyra Araano"][member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Tython. Charlyra thought, she wasn't ready to face that much of her past. At least not all in one go, she looked at her master and then Ms. Drey. Her eyes fell to Ms. Drey and studied her for a moment or two, once more. Let alone the fact that her former training world was now overrun with Sith. With her hands behind her back, she looked around the bridge she noted the looks to her arms. Grateful that no one could see the scars on her neck due to how she wore her robes. Her master made questions for the woman before them. It was not her place to speak, and so she kept quiet, thinking to herself mostly. I fear it would be too much to face all in one day, but if it requires our presence then I will comply.

[member="Alicia Drey"], [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

Alicia nodded as Siobhan spoke. They were reasonable questions, and she had expected them before Siobhan had asked. Turning her gaze to Deneve, Alicia motioned for the Mandalorian to come over to the group. "Hello, Deneve. Good to finally meet you. Welcome to my ship. We were just going through the debrief."

Averting her gaze from Deneve back to Siobhan, Alicia begun to carefully answer her questions. "I have a ship on board the Indispensable. It is a prototype- the only one of it's kind- that I have used for the past year or so. It will allow us to enter and leave the Tython system without being detected by the Sith. The Indispensable will be taking us as far as the Chandrila system, where we will be declared to customs. This will serve as an alibi, in the event that our names should ever be leaked to the Sith that we entered Tython without permission. We will effectively be in two places at once. People will think we were on Chandrila at the time, without knowledge that we were ever on Tython and we can use this as an excuse, should we ever find ourselves being visited by Darth Vornskr, Force help us."

"As far as my contacts are concerned, the Sith have no idea about the Jal Shey ever being on Tython. They were a nomadic people, from a time well beyond the Four-Hundred Year Darkness and so little has ever been recorded of them. However, my contacts have indicated that they once visited the Silent Desert, a region on Tython that is said to have a phenomena where it is completely silent, even if we were to try and make noise there. I have been given a set of co-ordinates to follow. The people that gave me this are very trustworthy with this type of stuff. They have never been wrong before."

Turning her back to Siobhan, Alicia approached a nearby seat and lowered herself into the chair. Turning in it to face the Destroyer of Worlds, she said: "If that satisfies everything, I will tell my crew to set course for Chandrila."

[member="Alicia Drey"], [member="Deneve Verd"], [member="Charlyra Araano"]

Siobhan was no empath and did not have some sort of mystical bond with Charlyra, but she sensed the young woman's discomfort. She did not take the woman's hand, but Lyra would feel a telepathic brush against her mind. A bit like a caress, reminding her that Siobhan was there for her. The Countess felt they really needed to have a talk after this.

Outwardly Siobhan's expression betrayed nothing while she listened to the businesswoman elaborate. "Ok. I see. Thank you for clarifying," she said politely. "It puts my mind at ease a bit. I find your Chandrila idea sound. However, once we've reached Chandrila and established our alibi, my apprentice and I will be taking our own ship to Tython. It's small and designed for stealth, so we should not be detected. It's nothing personal, we simply like being self-reliant. Give us coordinates for a rendezvous point, and we'll meet on Tython then." Siobhan had heard about the Silent Desert, so the location was not out of the blue for her.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom