Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High Seas [TSE Dominion of Dellalt]

Objective IV - BYOO

While the others were seeing to the subjugation of Dellalt and the surrounding sector, the Lady of Secrets had her own project in mind. The Caluula system had been the site of a battle between the original Galactic Alliance and the Yuuzhan Vong, but more importantly, it had been the first recorded deployment of the Alpha Red weapon. The planet had been quarantined when the virus mutated and started killing indiscriminately, and Taeli had grown curious.

She and several members of her Order of Shadows had descended to the planet and started excavating the rumored location of a mass grave from that time. Their goal? Collect bones and remains of the deceased, test them to see if any of the virus DNA had survived in a fossilized manner, and then take it back to one of their research labs for study. If nothing else, it was an exercise in xeno-archaeology and paleo-virology for her team members.

"We've recovered a few samples, my Lady, but only two have held viral remains within them," the head of the dig, an Ishi Tib named Xu Mar reported.

"Hmm, perhaps we were lied to about the location?" she asked.

"We're running deeper penetrating scans as we speak, my Lady," Xu Mar continued. "Even with only the two samples, a partial recreation could be attempted."

"Not good enough, and we would use up the samples," she said, shaking her head.

The Ishi Tib nodded and went to go check on the progress of the scan and the continuing dig. Mass graves were never pleasant, but hopefully once they reached it, they would find plenty of viable samples.

As the two entered the light of day once more, Maliphant glanced over. The man was aged, feeble, and looked like the simple act of taking a step would break him, as the ceremonial jedi robes he wore hung low on him. A soldier pushed his shoulder, nearly pushing him over as the group moved far from the sight of the slowly collected group of prisoners, those which would be put to trial. There wouldn’t be a chance for them to witness the death of the Jedi, the risk being they would spread the murder of their savior outwards. If they were let back to settle in imperial society, the story they would be told would be more on par with a ‘deportation’ or something similar.

No need to let the masses know of the intended murder of thousands of Jedi.

As the few were finally out of sight, Maliphant motioned for the Legionary to back away, slowly taking a few steps away himself before looking back to the Jedi; motioning for him to kneel. The Jedi offered Maliphant a simple smile, something knowing, and holding the smallest hint of coy danger;

I didn’t intend this to be an execution, if I could beg your forgiveness.”, his aged voice said.

You will die quickly, or I’ll end you slow.”, Maliphant said simply. There was no room to speak to the scum of the Light Side.

Neither!”, The old man seemed to laugh, pulling from his sleeve a blue lightsaber than sang to life with a pop-hiss, the iconic sound of an ignited blade. It swept through the air in a wide arc, cutting the nearest soldier from hip to shoulder before facing Maliphant.

I’m not as spry as I used to be, but let me partake one last time. See if I truly do deserve to defend these people…”, he said as his voice suddenly took on more youth. His free hand ripped the robes from his form, betraying the original fragility he gave off with rippling tight muscles bound to an early visible skeleton. He might have been old, but he had never stopped training in the many years he had been alive, and now as he faced down a Sith, he looked to be in as good of shape as he had been in his early twenties.

Maliphant gritted his teeth before pulling his own lightsaber out, its ignition completely silent and invisible. The jedi offered a salute before Maliphant spoke, the smallest hints of anger littering his tone;

Put down your weapon, Jedi.

No.”, the elder laughed out once more. For whatever reason, he was enjoying the last moments of his life.

Instead of responding however, Maliphant lurched forward, pushing up dirt from his heel as it gave from the force he used to launch himself forward. He was still held in his training armor, a weighted vest for his force powers that restricted him greatly in terms of how viable his force powers were. Today was a poor day to wear it, but it would teach him something great if he managed to end the Jedi.

Although, as the strike rushed like lightning to the Jedi’s head, the jubilant expression on the aging mans face fell as his own lightsaber caught it, pitting the two in a very close saberlock. Maliphant could smell the dryness of the Jedi’s mouth, the Jedi speaking quietly at their close distance;

Those people give me strength, Sith. You can’t compete with all of us.

OBJECTIVE: II, Secure Neutrality for Mediation
ALLIES: [member="vestille thumahra"] | [member="kaalia pavanos"] | TSE

"Contact, one five zero yards at three o'clock." The subvocalised message played into Aryn's helmet. She switched her HUD to give her the view from Aleph-3, the designated marksman of Aleph Team. PFC Tor was focused on the target who was using the communications unit through the scope of his rifle. It showed a near-human form consistent with the makeup of the Survivors group, though the form was using the communication unit in the lee of a ravine several hundred meters outside of the nearby camps perimeter.

"Aleph team, maintain visual contact of the target. Let me know when it moves." Aryn ordered, switching back to her normal view. "Besh team, move around behind Aleph and take the target under observation from a position more than one five zero yards from the target at it's twelve o'clock." She noted the position on her teams map, marking Aleph team at the targets seven o'clock.

She received confirmations from both team leaders, and watched in her HUD as Besh team began to move around behind Aleph.

"Aleph One, have Aleph Four attempt to decode the current transmission locally."

"Affirmative." Came the response from the team leader.

She waited only a few moments before she got the response.

"We've got part of it transcoded. The target communicator is receiving details about the coming talks. It sounds like they are preparing for a raid on the summit."

"Got it. Maintain the tap and log everything sent and received. If you hear it coordinating the strike, locate the next communicator, then take out that fether." She ordered.

She received affirmation, then confirmation from Besh team that they were in position. For the time being, they needed to wait. A single person wouldn't be the whole of a strike team, but it made sense for one person to be contact. They needed to find the whole cell before striking.

[member="Dr. Vain Jar'He"]

"Not good?" Quizzical tone. He sniffed slightly, when she continued with that YOU of hers. "Well, Doctor, I'd hate the idea of leaving you with an unappetizing impression of my operations here."

Kalak was driven by hunger.

His hunger.

Even his sense of business was put aside in favor of it. That was simply the way it was. Had it made business sense to mess with [member="Cassandra Paige"]? No. But she had been an absolutely delicious presence. Far more savoring once she began to sing for him. In that sense the destruction of one of his factories had been acceptable. The after-taste had sustained him for more than a week.

It was a shame that the cloning procedures didn't quite capture the bile.

But, oh well.

"To avoid any further aggravation... why don't I let you choose yourself?"

If Vain agreed he'd flop around his axis and guide her towards the stairs. They were rusty, pretty chitty, but sturdy enough. Just don't brush it with your finger tips, because you'd probably get a disease.

Lightsabers struck one another with enough force to force the air between them to surge, the life experience of the Jedi Master and the training of thousands of years of the greatest Sith Lords for Maliphant; his single saving grace what was taught to him by the likes of Revan, Sidious, and Bane in lightsaber combat, the single greatest focus he had taken upon himself in the previous months. Even as the strikes struck out, a few carefully poked and prodded Maliphant’s defenses, much to his dismay, and cutting him in non critical areas; each closer to something vital than the last.

One after another, Maliphant was pressed back by the Master as the two fought, before his flourished ended with a single strike downwards with the force of an angered Rancor, the Jedi’s aging, taught muscles ran rampant with pressure. Maliphant saw it, though at the last second, stopping it just short of slicing him in half while his wounds worked to heal through his armor’s enchantments. They’d keep him alive, if only for the moment. As a counterattack, Maliphant ripped his leg upwards and violently, slamming his shin into the Jedi’s ribcage with an equal amount of force; jettisoning him meters away from the Sith as he took a moment to catch his breath.

You fight well for an old man, but it won’t mean anything.”, he said with a furrowed brow. He wasn’t tired, he’d spent too long training for days to simply be tired by the singular efforts of an aging Jedi.

You’ll die just like the rest.

The Jedi groaned as he moved to stand, a few ribs sticking out of place beneath his skin as he struggled to stand up straight. A hand moved to brush his short grey hair back once more, before looking to Maliphant with a smile;

No, I don’t think I will. Even if you kill me, I’ll still be here, protecting… Guiding those poor souls…

With that, the Jedi rushed forward once more to continue their flourish, Maliphant moving to meet his blade with his own before losing himself to the lightsaber duel once more. Blow after blow, strike after strike, the Jedi’s speed slowly began to fall as Maliphant’s grew faster. Exhaustion was overtaking the Jedi, and although he landed a few minor strikes, the effects of Maliphant’s armor and his stalwart defense had outpaced the hyper aggressive ataru form of the Jedi.

Only a few more moments, a few final breathes, and it would be over.

Vestille Thumahra

Survivor-Dellaltian Border, Dellat
Objective II :: Establish a cease-fire zone.
Assisted by: [member="Kaalia Pavanos"]
The passage of time was swift but decisive; all seemed to be falling into place.

It hadn't taken long for the room the General had decided to act as the neutral point where two warring people would come together to discuss terms of peace; a makeshift large table made out of several smaller ones had been put together as well as a good number of chairs on both sides for both the delegates of both parties; five upon each side plus a couple more in the center for Darth Avacyn, who had since taken charge of the negotiations side of the entire operation and General Thumahra himself, who was to be at the Sith's side upon her request as the talks began. With his subordinates briefed on the situation and the orders to hold the line were relayed across the cordon, the status of the various installations was making solid progress. The engineers who had dropped as part of stage two of the garrisoned Survivor-Dellatian DMZ were already establishing fortifications and the anti-air emplacements that were to enforce the no-fly-zone had since been activated. Like a teacher would separate two squabbling children, the methods that Vestille utilized and enforced upon the native peoples of Dellat had been similar, if with the capacity to be mercilessly lethal to any who tired to push the boundaries or cross over to the enemy's side. Reports had come in that, whilst the negotiations were to take place, both sides had tried to make some underhanded plays and sneak special forces past the cordon with the intent to strike at one another whilst their delegates shook hands over the table.

These attempts under secrecy were known and would be quelled with lethal force. It would give the Sith justification for further action should the negotiations turn sour. However, Vestille hoped that these pitiful natives weren't about to throw themselves onto the fire for nothing other than sheer stupidity and hatred. Over the course of his time commanding in a military mindset, he knew that fighting a war here would prove ultimately swift and pointless when it came to losses of his men. No, peace was the more suitable option, one that would prevent the situation from leading down a path of being bogged down and having to call more men to the frontlines against both sides, the potential of the planet uniting against the Sith and, perhaps more importantly, their objective of trying to solidify the Sith Empire's holding and obtain recruits out of both parties for whatever planet the Sith Empire decided to sink its claws into next. Both would no doubt find their place and their use among the many other subjugated species. All it relied upon was their cooperation.

It was with that which found the General entering the meeting room, security having since locked down the Command Post and remained on standby for the arrival of the delegates; "My Lord." came the ever professional voice, a typical bow of respect to the one of higher authority; "Security has been assigned and the cordon has been placed onto full lock-down following recent intel suggesting both sides trying to attempt covert action. My intelligence team will keep us updated on the events that follow regarding this hostility." the General raised himself up a few moments later to his towering height; "What do you require, my Lord?"

As the two flurried against one another, a single opening had made its way to the fight. Maliphant struck out with a violent ferocity as the back of the Jedi’s leg as he dove to the side, utilizing the dual phase nature of his lightsaber to cut the leg from the Jedi with a single swoop. Sliding through the grass, Maliphant watched as the Jedi let out a blood curdling scream and fell to his single knee, his lightsaber disengaging as he fell. His age began to show once more as he began to offer shallow breaths, his entire energy focused on holding back shock from taking over.

Maliphant slowly stood, wandering over to the Jedi before pushing the edge of his blade near his throat, kneeling down to look him over. For all the years he had spent saving the innocent, how well would he have done if he went to the dark side of the force? What drove him to follow the teachings of the Jedi? Maliphant was curious…

Instead of cut him down, he rested a hand to his face, forcing the aging man to look him in the eyes before he moved what force energy he had to attempt to drain his knowledge and take it into himself. However, as the energies went into the Jedi, nothing came back, forcing a small grin from the master;

Sorry, son. I’ll die with my secrets.

Instead of argue, Maliphant simply stood and swiped the lightsaber back across his head, cutting from him his entire head. If Maliphant couldn’t take the information, then he would simply watch him die. He made a single grunt as the lightsaber cut through his elderly throat, leaving his body limp as he fell quiet against the grass. Maliphant sighed as the Jedi laid, quietly moving to pick up his lightsaber and putting it on his belt.

Something to show Thesh or Nilia, perhaps. Certainly something for his collection.

At this, he sent a message through the chain of command showing his operation successful, informing them that the situation with the Jedi had been dealt with, and he would be causing no more issues. Only the prisoner logistics were left, which would be dealt with soon as the prisoner transports came in to pick up what was left.

Irajah Ven

Doctor Doctor, Gimme the News
The beaked face tilted slightly.

"There is nothing appetizing about the operation here," she snapped. "What a strange thing to say." Basic, she could assume, was not his first language. She didn't look down on Kalak for his species- that wasn't a bias Dr. Vain carried with her. But mistakes (even if they weren't mistakes at all) like that did lower her opinion.

"That is all I want," came the response. "If I want something done right...."

She didn't bother to finish the statement. Following behind, her earlier statement was confirmed. That gloved hand reached out for the rail, then drew back. beneath the mask, she made a face. She missed the quiet sterility of her lab. The salt spray, the overly bright sunshine, the rust, the vague smell of a charnel house.....

If she wasn't wearing her mask it probably would have been worse.

Nose wrinkled.

They headed down to the platform that Kalak's.... people? employees? Vain had no idea.... were collecting the specimens- at least, that's where she thought they were going.

"I require living specimens," she snapped, as they stepped through a door. She recognized an industrial freezer when she saw one. "Was I not clear?"

[member="Kalak the Raykkan"]

Objective IV - BYOO

While the dig continued, Taeli had questioned some of the locals on old stories about the day the virus had been unleashed. She was amazed by what had survived four hundred years of darkness and disease, but what she was interested in was the original species infected when the virus mutated. The winged-star insect, a creature that only appeared every three hundred years or so, had supposedly been forced into extinction because of the Alpha Red virus, but stories preserved by those on the planet revealed that three hundred years after the virus, a few winged-star insects had emerged.

Somehow, a few of the species had survived. A possible immunity? A secondary mutation in the virus?

Either way, she was curious to examine some of the species. It wasn't their time to emerge again, that was a hundred years from now, but the Force was her answer to that conundrum. A command, a request, a call, whatever one wanted to call it was echoing out from her research site's position. A few of the insects were starting to appear, lured to Taeli by her presence in the Force. Her Adepts had started to catch those that did appear, getting them ready for study.

The Elidibus overhead would be the species' new home, at least until their genetic code was unlocked and Taeli found out how they survived Alpha Red.

"My Lady, we've hit the mass grave," the voice of Xu Mar announced. "Our information was correct, plenty of fossilized bones and remains are present in the dirt. There must have been a mudslide or peat."

"I am on my way," she replied.

Blackblade Guard

B
agnTTH8.jpg
The skies were clouded with soot, a steady rainfall of ash and grime blanketing the land as the once uncontrollable fires began to burn themselves out when there was nothing left of the land to burn. Now all that remained was a ruined waste devoid of plant-life or animal, though it was not truly irreparably destroyed. Over time the land would recover and trees would begin to sprout from the fertile soil left behind by the monstrous conflagration.

But not in their lifetime.

The ones who had once lived in and around the woods were being shepherded, at gunpoint, onto transports of dark steel and crimson-tinted viewports. New acquisitions of the Empire's vast, yet secretive, slavery network that fed into the bustling bazaars and re-education centers of the feline Zygerrians. Their homes had been broken, scattered to the wind and utterly redacted from the annals of history as they would be written from here on out. Given enough time their entire existence would have been forgotten, replaced by a new legacy born from the revisionist scribes of the Sith Empire.

As the last shackled slaves were muscled into the final transports, the Blackblades who guarded the entry ramp gave one last apathetic look towards the landscape they had so thoroughly laid low before clamoring up into the ship.

Their mission completed.

Objective: [II] Establish cease-fire zone
Working with: [member="Vestille Thumahra"]

"General."

The bow Avacyn received was mirrored in response, making it quite clear that although they fell into different aspects of the empire, they were both at a level that commanded respect from others, herself included. "I am not all too surprised by that news. Still, it could easily complicate things if it became a point of discussion." It left her in thought for a moment, but not much time for that was afforded to her. The delegates were already on their way and it would not be long before the first group would arrive. "I trust you know how to handle that situation best out in the field itself. The agreement will have to be made before anything happens, the updates will provide a timeframe for us to work in." The already-delicate situation now had a ticking time bomb laying underneath it. the empire was supposed to be the neutral party in the negotiations, but perhaps Avacyn would have to employ certain persuasive techniques.

"We have to make absolutely certain neither party catches wind of any of this during the talks," the woman then continued. "It would be a surefire way to give us disasterous results." The distrust it would cause, on top of the already-existing tensions, would be enough to let the dialogue devolve into mud-flinging.

Not long after Avacyn finished talking, there was a knock on the door, followed by it opening to reveal a man. "Sir. Milady. The delegates of the Survivors have arrived," he explained, signifying that preparation time was officially up. "Make sure they find their way here," the response sounded and without delay the door closed once again. In only a few moments the first of the parties would join the general and the Sith lady. They would welcome them and make sure they were properly situated. Then, ten minutes after their arrival, it would be the Dellaltian's turn to bring in their representation. That was going to be the most crucial moment- the first impression both parties would have of each other had the potential to make or break the entire effort.

"Although I will be leading the negotiations, do not hesitate to let your voice be heard when it is appropriate." Avacyn turned towards general Thumahra, giving him some last-minute information. "I wouldn't be surprised if they were more prone to accept the views of a military man rather than someone of my office."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom