Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with a Force Skillset requirement list?

B.I.A.N.C.A MK VII said:
used in, say, an invasion.
I think it would actually be really epic if the ritual elaborated by Many Sith Lords actually was conducted and executed. The bomb would affect not only one side but both and i think it could be nerfed in a way where it would be "Imperfect" and just incapacitate force users. It also has no effect on NFU so i do think a thoughtbomb would lead to a very cool story if done right.

Darth Pikiran said:
There isn't any form of regulation. Apprentices come on and hurl a dozen lightning bolts, lift literal tombs, etc. Its how its done on here now.
It was a Krypt not a tomb. XD

Darth Pikiran said:
The opposite of this was one of my biggest issues recently. There isn't any form of regulation. Apprentices come on and hurl a dozen lightning bolts, lift literal tombs, etc. Its how its done on here now.
If people see this being done they need to communicate, nicely, that what they are doing is a bit beyond the believable realm of their abilities. If you, or anyone, feels they are continuing to try to be a master with a padawan force tag, report them. Let the RPJ deal with that.

Lord Mythos said:
The bomb would affect not only one side but both and i think it could be nerfed in a way where it would be "Imperfect" and just incapacitate force users.
Sounds like really big Force Stun, also liable for people to have issues with in an invasion.

But that is a whole different issue.

4. Show respect to everyone in the role-play.

5. You may not kill another character without that character's permission.

6. You may not destroy a celestial body (sun, planet, moon, etc.) in the SWRP Chaos Galaxy without prior permission from the SWRP Chaos Board Owner.

7. Superweapons are restricted to Staff-Approved Events and must be destroyed prior to the end of the event.
http://starwarsrp.net/page/articles.html/_/role-play-rules/role-play-rules-r26

If you can manage to pull that stuff off following these 4 rules, you will be fine. In my opinion, if you wanna try for a thought bomb, get some buddies together, do an amazing Skirmish and have it out. Get some jedies to oppose (I hear Ossus is fun this time of year) your Sithies. With any luck, it could turn out to be one of those skirmishes that will be talked about for a while (Kinda Like Coruscant will be).

#Skirmish4Dayz

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Darth Pikiran"]

I can't help you with a list. But? I can tell you some of the craziest things I've seen someone do with the Force in my threads. This should be fun,

• Ether Tentacles of Slithery Doom - I once watched a writer decide that their Sith Lord would manifest black tentacles of doom during our thread. They were described as physical manifestations of the darkside, invulnerable, unblockable, and all consuming. I nodded my acceptance at the futility of writing against that and simply left the thread. I think I told the other writer I was sick and would get back to our duel later. Lulz.
  • Mingle Mingle Parasite of Doom - I once watched a writer decide that their Sith Lord would attack with a strange shape-shifting parasite of doom. This creature was described as a 1-hit instant kill which would shift into rain drops of microscopic size and dissolve my character into goo upon even the slightest contact. Thanks to help of another Sith Lord stepping in and handwaviuming away the attack, my character endured just long enough to post an exit from the thread. I think I told the other writer I would get back to them later. Lulz.
  • Endless Force Storm of Friendly Fire - I once watched another writer decide that their Sith would manifest a Force Storm of quantifiable size and have it consume our friendly troops for kicks and giggles. Yes. It attacked our side. Because reasons. Once again, I sighed and left the thread.
  • Force Shield against Nuclear Warhead - I even once saw another writer decide that a Force Shield could protect you against being at the epicenter of a nuclear warhead detonation. They even walked out of the crater and shrugged at the fallout.
  • Dragon - Yes, well. No explanation needed. I think you get the jist of this one. Ahem. Moving on...

In closing. The Force is as endlessly brilliant, (and as endlessly stupid,) as the human imagination. So... Ya know. Good luck with your list and all. You're gonna need it. *wink* :D :p

Darth Pikiran said:
Which comes down to inequality. If one person attempts to make Zombies, for example, that is new and liked by all, they may get a word or two on the side. Someone that has actually been here just a wee bit longer and given a chance to be hated for whatever reasons will face the opposite.

Soo...be friends with everyone and make an enjoyable story, and you will be able to have a god character.

[member="Darth Pikiran"]

In my limited time as an RPJ way back when, I can say it really doesn't work like that. They tend to pick people from a variety of different perspectives and backgrounds (and factions), at least that was my experience.

Let me give an example of something that happened during the Contruum NPC battle:

Player A necromanced a buttload (technical term, 50? 100?) of dead troops in one post

Player B spawned 40 freighters in one post

The problem I see is: If you start setting standards or having a rank prerequisite for certain Force powers, in all fairness, you should "police" and standardize the actions of NFU writers as well, otherwise there's imbalance there. And at that point, having all those standards starts getting ridiculous.

Let people be freeeeee.

Darth Pikiran said:
God character is not what I meant, more like almighty. Which is, according to your RPJ, and FJ, totally within bounds. So long as I am respectful, and mediate myself, I can quite literally do anything. No?

You specifically said "god", so I addressed what was given. I'd argue even "almighty" falls into these bounds, but "mighty" does not. "Mighty" is totally within the bounds of role-play, and no - you don't even have to be reasonable, cordial, respectful. But people don't have to role-play with you, either.

Staff will never force anyone to role-play with someone.

Darth Pikiran said:
In regards to rules etc, I have more or less paid attention to these. However, if something is announced yet not written in stone, it is not a rule nor placed on the rules. So, how then would I know of something from a time when I am not here, other than to read every single announcement? In regards to asking, how do I ask something I am not aware of?
If it's an announced rule, but not in the rules, then challenge it. This is a problem we have, after being around for 3 years now. Things get said and Staff gets quoted, but its not always in context, and its usually to favor one side of the discussion. So ask for a link, don't just go by quotes.

If rules are A-level canon, announcements are B-level. Rules will always override Announcements. So if someone is telling you something that isn't in the rules - ask for clarification from Staff in the Feedback forum. Announcements are usually important and yes, should be read. But no, you're correct - I don't expect members to read them all.

I do expect members to read our rules, though.

Rapax

R
[member="Darth Pikiran"] It sounds like you have an issue but if you say there isnt then well ...i guess there isnt still annoys i was singled out during this debate and this suddenly is popping up AFTER it was pointed i went ahead with necromancy and even in that scale i only raised about ...i think 200 in a horde. [member="Sage Bane"] was right too the zombies i did was minuscule in comparison to 40 big ships appearing in one post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom