Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help Files & Navbar Changes

Looking at the navigation menu located at the top of the site, just below the logo, you can notice some changes to it.

The biggest addition to the navigation menu is the HELP tab. This brings you to a collection of Help Files that should assist primarily new members - yet veterans may also find some use out of them.

The primary objective of these Help Files is to assist members in the use of this site. It includes the basics, such as how to register and get started on Star Wars RP.net.

I would appreciate any feedback in regards to the Help Files and how to improve on them both for new and veteran members.

Also, the second change to the navigation menu is that now the Timelines and Map are located under Resources. Let me know how you think about this change as well.

Wicked Witch of Schwartzweld
Looks good. Though I did had to go to 90% zoom in any of the themes I use (green,heroes, villain or dark purple). If I got to a full 100%, 'MORE' falls into the next line which visually doesn't good look.

But seeing as the 90% only put the navigation bar in one line and ever so slightly affects the visual size of the avatar and rank bars but keeps the post text itself in a completely decent size even for my eyesight issues, I can totally live with that. Look good @[member="Daella Apparine"]!

Also, yay for the Help section :)

Repeated F5 done. It's a permanent look for me, even with my wider screen. Cookies clean out has been done fairly recently. I'm stuck with 90%, I guess. But no biggy, It sort of makes the new navigation bar sexier with those small but clear enhanced letters.

Thanks though :) @[member="Tefka"]

Yeah, I can't recreate your issue. You must be on a very small screen or something. The menu bar is responsive, despite the size it is displayed at, but needs refreshing. On my iphone and my desktop, it performs as expected.

Can't mark this as a bug unless I get more specifics or someone else has the same issue.

I've looked into it, and it seems that on the 'Blue - Heroes' theme, Blogs, Members, and Help are all listed under the 'More' tab. Any other theme and Blogs and Members are not under 'More', and the 'More' tab is kicked to the second line.

It has been that way for a while for me. I just thought that was normal. Oh well. It still looks good guys!! Now that it's all condensed it makes this site looks more organized. IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII LIKE IT!!!

@[member="Tefka"] It's 15.6'' screen with a 1366x768 resolution. The Heroes theme has been tighter in the center of my screen for a while now but the new navigation look for every other theme with More in the next line just arrived with this update, the themes themselves show no changes though.

@[member="Daella Apparine"] @[member="Tefka"]

Alright to give some visual on this matter:

iBmeH.jpg

More is on the next line: more so than this, help is also located within the "more" section. I'd suggest making the help section higher on the list, and bumping blog down. While the blog feature is useful, and thus should remain, I think the help files should take precedent, especially where newcomers are concerned. This isn't a screen issue, the "more" block has been there for a while but always on the same line as the rest.

Hope that helps the others.

Yes, thank you for the visual, @[member="Lady Kyros"]. Though, another thing on that is that 'More' and 'Help' switch as the last section of the navigation from theme to theme. Heroes have More (with both Members and Help inside), Villains have Help. Either way, at 100%, that last thing will go down to the next line.

And since I forgot to mention it earlier, The Resources look lovely. More order. I like that kind of order ^_^

Curupira Hawk said:
Either way, at 100%, that last thing will go down to the next line.
When this happens, you refresh the page. It works for me, 100% of the time, every time - the responsiveness of the nav bar is not broken. Clear your browser's cache if it continues to not work. I have witnessed this work on a variety of my devices.

However, if it continues to not work, please verify so here, and post your what Operating System and Browser you are using.

@[member="Tefka"]

Alright, cache and cookies all cleared out. I've also gone back to 100% for this.

It worked for Blue theme. More now has three things under it so it falls back into one line.

However, the red theme still has the same problem. Before clearing cache though, I had Help at the end when at 90% but now it hiding in there even I zoom in or out.

I've also gone and looked at other themes, they all have the same issue as the red theme.

Another detail is that all those themes have greater width than the Blue one. Though the pictures tell that one. Which should usually make the problem go backwards... The width itself also effects the titles of forums, spreading them into more lines than the others show. That alone doesn't really bother me all that much but considered it does relate, thought I'd mention it.

Oh, I'm on Win7, using Chrome exclusively. Think that's everything now.

Edit. Alright. I see what you're talking about with the f5 business. I keep red theme at 90% and go back to the index from here, the More becomes Help. Rolling it from 100% from then pushes Help to line two and upon refresh changes to More. But that's what I get from f5.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom