Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello

Tutorial was very helpful.

It told me to say Hello, so...

SQUhP5T.gif

sɪɴɴᴇʀs ʙʏ ᴅᴇᴇᴅ ʙᴜᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛᴇᴏᴜs sᴛɪʟʟ
You have the best avatar from a new member I've seen yet!

ahem Welcome to chaos! The people above me are probably more helpful, But If I can lend a hand, Just say the word!

In the meantime, Any idea what'cha writin' ?

Thanks!

Eager to sink my teeth into Chaos!

You have the best avatar from a new member I've seen yet!

ahem Welcome to chaos! The people above me are probably more helpful, But If I can lend a hand, Just say the word!

In the meantime, Any idea what'cha writin' ?

Yeah! I try? Actually was thankful to have a friend help me with the design, as well as the look.

No idea what I'm going to write, however, I'm leaning towards a wayward Force Sensitive that doesn't have the credits to just travel freely about the Galaxy, so, she is clueless about the grand events transpiring around her. I like the concepts and feel of city like planets, so looking at it - Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa? That dirt, grit and grime-esque feel.

Thanks!

Eager to sink my teeth into Chaos!

Yeah! I try? Actually was thankful to have a friend help me with the design, as well as the look.

No idea what I'm going to write, however, I'm leaning towards a wayward Force Sensitive that doesn't have the credits to just travel freely about the Galaxy, so, she is clueless about the grand events transpiring around her. I like the concepts and feel of city like planets, so looking at it - Coruscant or Nar Shaddaa? That dirt, grit and grime-esque feel.

Looking for any particular alignment? Light, Dark, Grey?

Looking for any particular alignment? Light, Dark, Grey?

I don't really understand the differences between Light and Dark, or alignment for any Force user for that matter. I mean, would it be considered "Grey" if she was able to use things like Force choke? I envision a healer who is more of a battle medic than a dedicated healer. So, not sure on that. :)

I cannot say for certain I see her being like evil Dark but I can see her not allowing Light-sided principles to dictate if she lives or dies.

Ariel Yvarro

A
N Noname

Welcome to Chaos!

A healer? Grey? ^_^ Feel free to stop by the First Order! We've got a neutral Force-user group (grey, if you will) with the Imperial Knights (think more King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table) and we've got the First Imperial Medical Services! If we're not your speed then that's okay, hope to write with you soon!

Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Edit: Threw in some links!

You can't beat Nar Shaddaa for that crime ridden feel. If you have any questions let us know.

I know, right? :)

N Noname

Welcome to Chaos!

A healer? Grey? ^_^ Feel free to stop by the First Order! We've got a neutral Force-user group (grey, if you will) with the Imperial Knights (think more King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table) and we've got the First Imperial Medical Services! If we're not your speed then that's okay, hope to write with you soon!

Enjoy your time here and feel free to ask any questions you might have!

Edit: Threw in some links!

So, yeah I could see her totally being in some Imperial like uniform, and being a medic of some kind. I like the concept! :) Neat ideas, but truly, how useful is a medic or a doctor on Chaos? I know in some RP places they have a purpose but do they in freeform? Or is that where Faction writing comes into play? :)

I don't really understand the differences between Light and Dark, or alignment for any Force user for that matter. I mean, would it be considered "Grey" if she was able to use things like Force choke? I envision a healer who is more of a battle medic than a dedicated healer. So, not sure on that. :)

I cannot say for certain I see her being like evil Dark but I can see her not allowing Light-sided principles to dictate if she lives or dies.

Well, there is a bit of personal interpretation to the Force between everyone who writes it. Some folks don't even believe 'Grey' Force Users should exist so.... I will give you my own interpretation to do with what you want.

Being a 'Light Side' Force User effectively translate to a sort of..... monastic asceticism. You're meant to largely detach yourself from personal wants,"earthly" pleasure, and focus on the will of the Force. Think of the various vows and tenants of Catholicism or Transcendentalism from Buddhism. Though there is obviously a bit of wiggle room you're more or less going to see Light-Siders be much more akin to idealized heroes and legends, always seeking to do what is right, while having a handle on their emotions ranging from 'under control' to 'smothered' depending on how the character/person reacts personally to such a level of supposed detachment.

Being a 'Dark Side' Force User translates to being much more, if not entirely, open to your wants and desires coloring how you reach out to the Force. Drawing power and advancement from your rage, anger, fear, even obsessions such as wanting to master swordsmanship or crafting. It's more or less a direct inverse of the Light Side wherein your main concerns fall on how the Force can serve your physical, direct means. Rather than you leaning into spiritualism to serve the Force.

Being a 'Grey' Force User, as the name implies, means something between these two and is (at least in my opinion) the easiest type of Force User to get completely wrong. Some people simply see being a Grey Force User as a way to get access to the 'cool' abilities the Sith (The name for the big Dark Side group) get access to while also not having to act like a psychopath. IE: All the reward, none of the risk. If you were going to aim for being a Grey it can honestly mean anything so as for what is specifically "IS" definitively I can't tell you. I would only give advice in that if you want to write someone who is Grey it should detail a lot of how both extremes, Light and Dark, have a natural calling to them. The Force tends toward these extremes, or perhaps it's better to say living beings do, as while it is ALWAYS a temptation to use this innate power you have for your own selfish ends (Dark Side) I also think it's kind of alluring to focus on the spiritual transcendence offered by detaching yourself from the physical as much as you can. (The Light Side)

Anyways, sorry, didn't mean to write a small thesis on the Force Alignments but I hope you find this helpful. ^_^

Last edited:
I know, right? :)

So, yeah I could see her totally being in some Imperial like uniform, and being a medic of some kind. I like the concept! :) Neat ideas, but truly, how useful is a medic or a doctor on Chaos? I know in some RP places they have a purpose but do they in freeform? Or is that where Faction writing comes into play? :)

N Noname it would depend on what kind of stories you want to write and if you want it to be your main thing. Personally my Jedi has healing abilities, though she's more about the criminal life and those abilities only come to play in battle, such as an invasion, so factions are useful in that case. However, I've seen factionless doctors floating around, and if you have an idea you'd like to write with someone on for that angle you can always make an LFG post!

Ariel Yvarro

A
N Noname ^_^ Doctors and healers always have a place! As Annasari Annasari there's definitely a few factionless ones around. I've had a lot of fun working with Fevris Derzelas Fevris Derzelas to bring FIMS to life. We've done things from helping to create a vaccine, to even running a blood test, to now where we're doing a forensic case! So it's definitely up to the writer on how involved they want to be with whatever they feel like writing.

Chaos is a huge sandbox!

Factions are useful for finding groups to write with - but they're not required and you can be in more than one faction!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom