Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hello Master

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The masked Sith seemed surprised by the greeting for a moment, glancing at Alina and then back at her master as he responded with another deep nod. He could count on one hand the amount of times he had spoken to a Sith Lord directly but he knew better than to speak out of turn. Besides, he wouldn't want to interrupt Alina or her master's conversation. Alisteri would merely follow after the pair and do his best to not appear too much like a fish out of water.

The turbolift wasn't much of a surprise given the seemingly secretive nature of the building. The logos were totally foreign to him but he did make note of them for later, just in case. His gaze flickered around the facility as they walked, his head seemingly on a swivel to take everything in as they passed by it. Research labs, numerous personnel, the distant sounds of progress, and of course the armed guards. All in all it seemed like a standard, if slightly expansive, research facility.

He could only guess at what exactly they were researching. Regardless he had a feeling that the security wasn't just for show, clearly there was something that Alina's master wanted to keep secret here.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru / Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

"I never did show the full extent of my power base before did I?" Taeli responded, a sly smirk tugging at the corners of her lips. "While many Sith concentrated their power in the Empire or in our hidden redoubt on Odavessa, I continued what I had been doing since the days of the One Sith Empire."

Once in her office, a far more spacious arrangement than the chambers she had maintained on Dromund Kaas, she would gesture for both Knights to sit and another gesture and touch of the Force would activate the holodisplay on the desk. A map of the galaxy would light into existence, and for Alina to fully grasp the resources at her disposal, there were small purple dots scattered across the galaxy. Many were locations that doubled as Aurora or Spaarti facilities, but there were yet others such as Valrar and Xagobah that were exclusively Order of Arcane Syn bases. The map didn't even show Jen'asha Station in Otherspace.

"Were as some, like Kaine, have made their power bases mobile or have concentrated on a single world, I elected for a dispersed power base of various cells and bases, all working on some project or mission or research."

She looked over the map herself for a moment, just enjoying the sight. It was gratifying that she had built something that far exceeded whatever her own Master had.

"As for what it is all for, that is a more... nuanced question on the acquisition of power. Many Sith strive to dominate, to conquer, to gain the throne. They start by gaining power over one individual, then another, then a group, then a world, and so on until they have brought scores of worlds and untold numbers of peoples to serve them."

Another gesture and a decanter of viscous red liquid and two glasses would float over to rest on the desk for either Knight to partake from.

"I sought power for other reasons. I have never desired the throne, though I could certainly make a play for it if I wanted. I much prefer to work from the shadows, to quietly manipulate and subvert individuals and groups. It is how I brought down the first Galactic Alliance from within while the Empire struck from without. It is why even now I have reach into the very heart of the current Alliance, to the Senate itself. But all of it, every deal and acquisition of resources and followers and specimens leads to my actual goal. For my entire life, the pursuit of knowledge has been my goal. Ever since I joined the Sith, that desire has become to push the boundaries of the dark side and science beyond anything that had come before. Every facility on this map, every cell of my Adepts and followers works towards that goal. New spells of sorcery and dangerous artifacts, an ever increasing menagerie of Sithspawn and bioengineered creatures, new technologies and weapons for either my own power base or others."

370d9lz.png

Embarrassment. Frustration. Relief. The odd emotions continued as the map flashed to life with just all that her Master had accomplished. An odd sense of pride in being chosen by Taeli as an apprentice. And yet, the bitter sting of disappointment that despite all of Alina's struggles she was no where close to this level. What's more, Alina had been doing it all with the purpose of conquest and control.

Taeli was just doing it for the sake of knowledge and knowledge alone.

The Sangnir slumped back in her chair. Her gaze still hadn't pulled away from the map. Now she just felt the fool.

"My little Inquisition certainly can't compare to this."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The masked Knight slid into the seat without much delay and looked up as the map was projected. His gaze flickered over the purple dots scattered around the map, narrowing slightly as he realized what they most likely were. Dispersed power base was a bit of an understatement in his opinion. If even half of the locations were similar to the facility that they were in now then the level of research being done was astounding. Perhaps they had already made some breakthrough that could boost the Sith into a new age all on their own.

If so, he could only hope that she was willing to share.

He glanced at the glasses as he listened intently, eager learn of the reasoning behind such an expansive network of bases and facilities. A pursuit of knowledge was one that he could respect, there had been a time when that was all he sought in his first years as a Sith after all, but the mention of new sorcery and creatures was what really caught his interest.

Having only delved into such arcane matters relatively recently by comparison the thought of various projects spread across numerous research facilities was an exciting one indeed. Alisteri shifted in his seat at Alina's comment and was snapped out of his reverie by it. After a short moment of composing himself, he finally decided to speak up and join in on the conversation.

"Fascinating. I admire your efforts to further the knowledge into the Sith arts. Among other things as well of course." He gave another small nod, his gaze landing on the Sith Lord. "However, as enlightening and interesting as this is, I suspect you wanted us here for more than a display of your efforts and work yes?"

There was a sympathetic look as she took in the feelings flashing through Alina's presence as she regarded the map hovering over the desk. The younger woman had been trying so hard to make a name for herself, to grow her power, while the Sith Empire had been dominating the Tingel Arm and Northern Territories and had lost much of that permanence when she left to pursue love. Taeli had always kept her power base somewhat distanced from the Sith Empire's territory just in case.

"In all fairness, my dear, I have about thirty or so years of building time on you," she said. "Your Inquisition might grow to this size in time, with proper assistance. We can discuss that later."

She had not missed the reaction from Alisteri either. Her mentions of sorcery and creatures had piqued his interests, as much as he was trying not to latch onto such tantalizing possibilities of what the Lady of Secrets' network could be working on. She also respected his desire to move to why they ahd been brought to Arkania. Pity he was wasted on Ophidia; she could sense someone that would be more... aligned with her interests within him than her Assassins.

"Thank you, Alisteri, and there is a reason why my title has remained either the Lady of Secrets or the Mistress of Monsters, but I digress," she continued. "You are right that I called you both here for more purposeful pursuits. Alina, I summoned so we could continue her training and perhaps expand upon more... interesting subjects. We have much to test and experiment with your powers and your rare biology, and I suspect we could make you and your followers a truly fearsome force."

Her attention returned to Alisteri.

"And I asked for you because I have a task that you are positioned quite well to accomplish, considering your chosen region of space to operate in." the image on her desk would shift and zoom into the region around Hutt Space. A purple dot would still be visible on Kessel however. A gesture and the hologram would shift over and the image of a black-red crystal, both whole and in a powdered form, would appear alongside it.

"The crystal is something we developed called Creeping Lignan that we create out of our facility deep within hidden tunnels on Kessel. The substance is quite powerful once ingested, greatly enhancing a subject's strength and connection to the dark side and tolerance to pain. As always there are tradeoffs as the crystals form a parasitic or symbiotic relationship with the person who ingested them as the crystals grow within the body. It can even form a rough armor over the being once the crystals sprout through.

"We've tested it on a few occasions with some interesting results, twisted a whole garrison of Mandalorians on Dathomir and greatly enhanced a Nightsister sect there, but I want a wider testing sample. In that regard, I want to, for lack of a better term, contract out your cult to spread the crystals throughout the region."

370d9lz.png

Assistance. It was the one thing she'd always stubbornly refused. Even when she lost her arms. Pride and.. Fear. Fear of what her Master would do with her inadequacy. Her family had always been cruel.

Taeli was different, though. So far she hadn't been even punished for leaving the Sith as she did. If anything, her Master seemed to support it. "I don't plan on being a guineapig, mind you. My mother already messed me up enough."

That, and Alina still couldn't get over her trust issues. She raised a brow, glancing to Alisteri as Taeli explained her request.
Drugs? She frowned, but turned her gaze to Alisteri to hear his answer.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri inclined his head slightly as her titles were mentioned, but it was difficult to tell whether the action symbolized awe or mere acknowledgement. He glanced between apprentice and master as Alina was addressed and listened intently. What exactly would be tested was unclear to him, as both Alina's Sangnir biology and condition regarding the Force were both fairly interesting and worthy of study. In his mind anyway.

He sat up slightly as he was then addressed but any resolve or confidence was reduced to a tense freeze as Kessel appeared on the map. First his eyes widened at the sight of his home, then narrowed as he noticed the dot denoting a facility. Kessel held no good memories. The mere sight of the planet on the holomap had his hands bunching to fists in his lap and his teeth gritting together. Thankfully though this made him all the more aware as the Lady of Secrets continued to speak and explain her proposition.

A crystal that could enhance the Dark Side's power within oneself was almost too good to pass up at first glance, but the drawbacks seemed too fatal for his tastes. The science and techniques behind the Lignan were what really captured his attention. He could only wonder if such an effect could be created without the side effects that the crystal caused. There was only one way to find out.

His gaze flickered to Alina as she spoke up before slowly drifting back to the crystal. After a moment of silence, and trying to steady his breathing and reign in his emotions, he nodded to the display. "Contract implies a form of compensation in return. If my cult and I were to do as you asked, what are you offering? I'm assuming the potential to keep some of the crystals isn't the only form of payment?" As tempting as it was to just agree and go off to find suitable targets for the crystals, there was a part of him that didn't trust himself with such a thing.

Power was tempting, to him and his cultists alike. If they were aware of what the crystal could do then some of them may get ideas above their stations, not to mention the promise of his own abilities getting a boost from it. The dangers were still present of course but when such benefits were available it was only natural that they be overlooked at first.

"In your absence, my dear, I've acquired quite a bit of knowledge on the Sangnir biology and culture, thanks in part to an ally of mine operating in the Hapan Consortium. She herself is a Sangnir Highblood and was kind enough to answer questions and provide specimens for study. So no, you would not be a guinea pig in that sense beyond anything that might pique your interest or desires," she answered her apprentice's comment.

She was well aware of what the Tremirus had done to their daughter and Taeli had spent much of the woman's early apprenticeship subtly guiding her path towards confronting her mother. Her attention once more turned to Alisteri as he regarded the crystal and asked his question. She had felt that spike when he saw Kessel... interesting.

"If you are wondering if you are free to experiment with the crystals, by all means," she said, just regarding him with a casual tilt to her head. "As for what I am offering in compensation for this task, that would depend entirely upon your wants and desires now wouldn't it?"

There had been an underlying reason why she had shown her power base's extent before the discussion turned to business. It had been a subtle suggestion that whatever price he might request was not only not beyond her means to provide but could extend to a multitude of things. Compensation could range from the generic requests of credits and supplies or weapons and ships to knowledge or artifacts or creatures or anything in between.

As Alina could attest to, a primary lesson from the Lady of Secrets revolved around choice. Alisteri, and Alina herself if more subtly, now had choices and open-ended options in front of them. Now it was only up to them to choose.

370d9lz.png

More information on the Sangnir? Alina immediately stood more at attention. She'd learned a lot about herself through the Blood Oracle she could summon, but that alone held little actual information on just what a Sangnir could do. And Taeli had all this information herself?

"Do you have a file? Any information would be.. I've been fumbling around with some guidance. Alisteri here less so." Not that she meant to out him. But ignorance on their powers was a costly thing. Especially with him making more.

".. I mean, yes. I'd like to learn a lot more."

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
It seemed like the Lady of Secrets knew her apprentice well, not that there was too much doubt in that regard given the title, and knowing Alina the offer of more information on the extent of her Sangnir abilities would be very tempting. He himself wouldn't mind some additional information on the subject either, but he had other priorities.

The crystals had seemed like an obvious form of payment, but her offer of what seemed to him like a blank check left him stunned for a moment. Such an expansive network and an established Sith had much to give that wouldn't be missed to them but invaluable to him. He had to think carefully and plan his response, lest he wind up the one with the worse deal at the end. "Hm?" The mention of his name snapped him out of his musings and he glanced at Alina before returning to his own thoughts.

Alisteri had little doubt that there would be some sort of catch regardless of what he asked for, so he had to be careful and particular. "My forces lack standardization and transport. If you can provide a good few shipments of weaponry and some vehicles alongside a ship or two, I'll unleash this crystal of yours all across the spice trade."

"Of course, there are files my dear," Taeli responded as Alisteri contemplated what he might want in payment. "And you will certainly have access to them to learn from, and the original source if you so wish to meet her. Lady Trevelyan has territory on Amaltanna as part of our arrangement and I'm sure she would enjoy meeting you at some point."

She had suspected, given their close relationship, that Alisteri was also a Sangnir, but confirmation was always appreciated. When his payment request came, she wasn't too terribly surprised. The young Knight was just starting to build up his followers and forces and needed more material to actually grow as a threat in his region of space.

"Conveniently enough, two Anubys-class corvettes with their compliment of IX-11 fighters will be moving through that area from an Aurora Industries shipyard to their final destination for some local defense force on the Rim with a cargo hold of AI-341 blasters," she said. "A skeleton flight crew will only be on board, and it is such a shame that pirates absconded with the ships and the weapons on board when they dropped out of hyperspace at Formos to plot their next jump point."

She leaned forward slightly in her seat.

"Please do make sure the crews make it back to my facility on either Kessel or Nar Shaddaa once you take ownership."

370d9lz.png

That close?

Alina bit back her excitement and simply nodded her agreement. Then raised a brow. Wait, piracy? Wait ships? She was almost stuttering with her own disbelief on just how easy it was for Taeli to reward ships. After a moment she couldn't hold it back. A groan escaped as Alina just slumped out, staring up at the ceiling.

"All this time I've been trying to prove my worth and my own standing and I could've just asked you for so much. But that's too.. That's not what a Sith should do, right? Can't depend on the resources of another without getting it yourself, right?"

Yeah, she was sort of going through a moment of disbelief.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Two ships, some fighters, and plenty of rifles for his Legionnaires, it was almost too good to be true. Admittedly his cult would be a bit spread out trying to operate them with the Altorius as well, but they had recruitment efforts underway already. In the long run even a single extra ship would go far to help safeguard and expand their operations, having two and some fighters to go along with them made the deal far too valuable to pass up.

Alisteri had never intended to return to Kessel, but with the promise of crystals and ships to sweeten the deal, he could put his hatred for his homeworld aside until the deed was done.

He looked to Alina as she spoke up again and idly winced at her tone. It was a sour thing that he knew all to well, to try and strike out for oneself despite having someone else to ask assistance from. He had never asked anything of his own master, mostly out of fear of reprisal, but when the offer was so tempting...

"Take pride in your efforts Alina. No amount of help will reduce what you've done on your own." There were plenty of mixed feelings swirling in his own mind, mostly in relation to not wanting to owe anything to the Lady of Secrets. A kind word was about all that he could offer for the moment.

"I'll be more than happy to drop the crews off at Kessel and gather the crystals at the same time. How much should I be expecting to find when my forces make their way there?"

"I did say, when I took you and Quinn as students those years ago, that you had access to my resources for whatever projects you wanted to pursue," Taeli responded to the disbelieving Alina. There was a sympathetic smile on her lips. "You are correct that a core tenet of the Sith is to evolve and grow through struggle, to gain and build our power, but there are still some benefits to having someone like a Dark Councilor as a Master. Would have I let you take an entire fleet and armies on campaign or shift millions of credits into your account as an acolyte? No, but you would have been able, and still are able, to requisition resources or personnel from me for your own operations."

Alisteri chimed in that Alina should be proud of what she had built for herself, and that was true. Her apprentice had done well for herself so far, and the expression on Taeli's face would tell Alina that.

"There will be six canisters of the powdered crystals and two canisters of the full crystals ready for transport when you reach Kessel," she explained. "What you do with them for distribution is up to your discretion, but I will be expecting some progress updates."

370d9lz.png

"To ask for anything always comes with a price." Hearing Quinn's name practically made Alina flinch, but she refused to dwell on it. Instead, she just nodded. No, fetting a fleet or an army wasn't anything she wanted to begin with. Not one given to her at least. But the means to make it? Sustain it? She sighed, loudly. Needlessly.

Alisteri was right. They both were right.

At least now she could pay the price with her own two hands. Her gaze shifted back to Alisteri though, watching him. Listening to the deal between him and her Master. At last he could pay his own price.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Despite his better judgement, he did note how uncomfortable Alina became at the mention of someone's name. Quinn, had he heard of that name before? Perhaps he had, perhaps he hadn't. It wasn't ringing any bells at the moment regardless. She wasn't wrong either. Alisteri could only hope that the data from the crystals would be enough for the Lady of Secrets.

It wasn't much of a load from the sounds of it, which was both a good thing and a bad one given his intentions. "My people are no strangers to me having test subjects and taking prisoners. As long as you aren't expecting an autopsy report every week, you'll have all the relevant information I can garner from whoever gets the crystals." He almost hated to waste them on whatever unlucky smugglers and pirates that fell victim to his raids. Better that they suffer than his cultists though.

"I suppose it's a deal on my end then." He sat back in his chair, seemingly content with his bargaining. A part of him urged him to try and ask for some greater boon from the Sith but he quickly silenced it. There was only one Sith Lord that he was content being indebted to.

"All power, no matter what path or form it takes, comes with a price," she replied, agreeing with her apprentice's assessment. "Of course, what that price might be differs depending on who you are dealing with and what you are seeking. For example, what I might ask in return for aid, such as research or specimens, differs significantly from a Sith like Kaine where he might demand slaves, obedience, or even slaughter and torture. But generally, an apprentice doesn't have to pay the price others would for the same thing."

"A deal is struck then," she continued, turning her attention back to Alisteri. "As for the testing, it only takes a small amount, no more than a pinch within a being's food or drink, to start the reaction of the crystals growing within a subject. Six canisters of the powder can go a very long way."

She could sense the internal struggle within the masked man and could guess as to what he might be struggling to ask. It was not every day one could ask of anything from a Sith Master and see what he might obtain. Alina would be receiving far more tutelage soon, and unlike her prior loose training, Arcanix had plans on how to greatly enhance her power with direct lessons. Alisteri had that spark for sorcery within him, she could feel it within his presence, but Ophidia could only foster that so much directly. The Lady of Shadows was the infamous assassin for a reason after all.

370d9lz.png

"That would certainly be something I can see Carnifex asking for." Among others. Her own family, for example. A life time of knowing just how much a Sith could ask for in exchange of knowledge or power brought the struggle to get things with her own hands. Well, at least she knew now that her own master wasn't so.. Crude. Perhaps she should've known all along. Her gaze shifted between the two as she listened to the end of the deal.

Seemed they all had business now. And Alisteri was holding his own ground in the negotiations. Good.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri's jaw clenched at the thought of Carnifex and his slavery, briefly replaying his visit to the Malsheem in his mind. A wasteful man with so much power and so little justice was disgusting. He was quick to push such thoughts aside lest they betray him, focusing on the Sith Lord before him instead of the one he had met in the past.

"Only a pinch?" He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow in surprise. It did make sense that the dosage would be small, no doubt the crystals were very potent and concentrated in their makeup, but the insinuation still surprised him. For a brief moment he wondered how much havoc could be wrought if one were to dump a canister of the power into a water supply of some decently populated area.

Then he realized that such a task wasn't too dissimilar to what he was being asked to do. Funny how it all worked out.

"I'll make sure to put them to good use then, seems like I'll have plenty of material to experiment with." The masked Knight nodded and idly toyed with the material of his gloves.

"It's the price he's asked of others before," she replied simply to Alina's comment. There was almost a shrug to it, like it was something she had witnessed many times. In a way, the two Knights across from her had already experienced such while they served the Sith Empire while Carnifex was Emperor. Both had reacted as she suspected they would, knowing Alina's family and guessing at the aversion to slavery Alisteri had at the mention of Kessel.

"The fun part of this creation is eventually the test subjects supply more materials for testing, and I only ask that you be imaginative," she added to Alisteri, her eyes now fully appraising as he fiddled with the material of his gloves, drawing her attention to his armor more intently... and the darkness rising off it quietly like a faint smoke. Her eyes would shift in color for a moment, violet turning to amber before returning to their hue, and a knowing smile would form once again. "Interesting imbuements on your armor, if a little basic. I would assume you applied them yourself?"

She would offer a hand towards him; palm open as though asking to examine a piece closer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom