Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hello Master

370d9lz.png

Alina took a needless, long breath as she stepped onto her old ship. The Lumiya had been gathering dust since she abandoned the Sith. Partly out of fear of it marking her as one. Partly because she figured her master would have a way to track her through it. Given her want to evade any Sith she could, well. She left it behind. But didn't destroy it, just in case. The in case was if she needed a high class stealth ship, or so she told herself. Did she even then doubt she'd stay away from the Sith forever?

It didn't matter. She reached out, turning the ship on and.. Sat down by the holoterminal. Patiently waiting for the inevitable call.

She'd come back to the Sith. It was only fitting she spoke to her Master.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru

Alina would have been correct that her utilizing the Lumiya Infiltrator gifted to her during her time in the Sith Empire would have meant her master could follow her movements. However, her master had been content to allow the younger woman and Sangnir to roam the galaxy on her own. She had always thought, especially given her own apprenticeship, that one needed to experience the galaxy without supervision on occasion and learn more. As long as Alina had not struck at any of her own holdings or followers, she had no reason to pursue her for leaving the Sith Empire as she had. It was all a learning experience.

The ship coming online would send a hidden signal out to relay across hyperspace beacons, and on the other side, a console would slowly start flashing as it detected the ship that had long ago been shuttered.

After a very long moment, the holoprojector within the ship whirred to life on its own, receiving a signal. The image of a female figure in a hooded robe appeared, sitting in a chair. The hood was pulled back enough that Alina would be able to make out the features of Darth Arcanix, her head tilted in curiosity and yet a sly smile tugged as ever from the corner of her lips that threatened to become a smirk.

"Hello Alina."

370d9lz.png

"Hello Alina."

Alina's gaze narrowed on the hologram. Part of her wasn't sure how to feel about all this. Afraid? Pleased that Taeli reached out? Afraid. That's what she ended up going with, if only because part of her assumed her Master had control of the ship. She bowed her head to hide that, though. It was just a hologram, there was no way for Taeli to realize the fear there, right?

Right?

"Forgive my absence. I was.. .. You were right. There is power in having and loosing love. .. I would like to continue my training."

It was a jumble of words. All at once she'd forgotten how she was supposed to speak to her Master. What she could share, what she shouldn't. She tightened the grip she had on her dress and kept her head down.

Even with this distance she felt so powerless, all at once. Ever the apprentice, it seemed.

Whether or not she could sense or read the fear and anxiety within Alina, Taeli did not give anything away as the Sangnir bowed her head and spoke. Her expression remained that of curiosity and that ever slight... slyness of a teacher that was glad her student had realized and grasped the lesson their teacher was imparting. Alina had chased after Quinn, and Taeli had respected her choice in pursuing the girl instead of further power within the Sith. It was not dissimilar from her own path, and she could relate with the pain Alina had likely gone through since.

"There is nothing to forgive, Alina," she spoke softly, gently even, "you had to experience these things for yourself. There are some lessons a Master cannot teach through word or forced actions."

In her office on Coruscant, within the Arkanian Senate delegation's offices, she leaned back and appraised the younger woman. A finger tapped on her chair in thought.

"We can continue your training... but answer me this question first, what is do you seek? What do you desire to do?" she asked. It was a line of questioning that Alina would know all too well. It was very much how their very first lesson had gone; Taeli wanted to know what purpose Alina needed the power of the Sith for. The circumstances might have changed, but the question once again needed to be answered especially in light of the recent events with the Maw's failure to destroy Tython.

370d9lz.png

"I-"

There were a lot of things she wanted. Or so she told others. It was easy to spout out what she believed she wanted to the people around her. But when put on the spot like this by the one person who's help she wanted more than anything else, she was suddenly unsure of it all. "I told Maliphant I wanted to kill the Force, or it's will or whatever. People keep coming after me. People sent by the Force. I told Alisteri that I wanted to bring the Lords who abandoned the Empire, him, myself, and so many others to fight against their enemies to their knees. I've told countless I want to kill the Force to free people from it's influence."

She was sorting out her thoughts, out loud at this point.

".. I want to fight. I want to rule. I want power, pure and simple. But I don't know what to do with it anymore. .. Teach me, so I can find what I really want."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

She allowed her apprentice to speak her mind, to figure out her wants and needs out loud. There was an amused expression now as Alina stated what she had told others; that she desired to destroy the Force and kill its will. Vengeance on those who abandoned the apprentices and acolytes of the Sith Empire was a more achievable goal, if not short-sighted and incredibly difficult since many such Sith had disappeared into the shadows or were already dead or imprisoned by their enemies.

"A few Sith, in the ancient past, have attempted to kill the Force or the will that influences it and all life that touches it. All have failed and were in turn destroyed, with Darths Traya and Nihilus and Emperor Vitiate being the most infamous. To kill the Force would require destroying all life in the galaxy and even beyond in others, and life always finds ways to survive such cataclysms. It is an unachievable task, best abandoned as an impractical dream and ideology."

She leaned forward.

"To hide from hunters, to acquire power and rule over others is much more achievable. We can begin with those and see where your interests truly lie. I've given thought on how we can... improve upon your unique abilities and create some new techniques for yourself."

There was a look of understanding to meet the disappointment of Alina as she started to accept that perhaps the goal of killing the Force was beyond capability, but a smile once again appeared as Alina asked her question. Her apprentice's unique ability to suppress and dampen the Force abilities of others around her as Darth Cognus were all well and good, but she felt it was time to push and adapt those abilities for the modern era. Add in what exactly could be done with her Sangnir biology... oh yes, Alina would certainly get her wish to gain power and the ability to rule. There would need to be some tests though to see how far she had progressed.

"It is something to be discussed better in person," she said. "Come to Arkania and head to the northern arctic zone were a perpetual snowstorm rages across the glaciers in that region. There you will find a research facility run by a company called Izunia Genetics. I will meet you there."

It was, of course, implied that the research facility and the company were controlled by her and that much more was likely going on there as befitted the Lady of Secrets' interests.

"Oh, and if you happen to be in contact with Darth Strosius Darth Strosius , I have a task for him if he desires the work."

370d9lz.png

Discussed in person?

Alina stood up then, glancing around the ship only for a moment. Long enough to find the long deactivated droid that worked as her pilot. She reached out, turning the droid on. At once it stood in attention, blinking as it looked around. Then settled it's gaze on Alina. "Oh. You."

"Can it. Get the ship ready for take off."

If a droid could roll it's eyes, this one certainly would have. But it complied, wandering off towards the cockpit to do as instructed. Alina turned her gaze back to the hologram, her brow knitting together.

Alisteri?

"He's never one for charity, but he does need more.. Well. More, for his cult. A job for you, or a job for Auroa?"

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

"If it were charity, it would be a gift to him and his cult of worship and not a mission," she responded, leaning forward slightly. "This job would be for myself, and the Order of Arcane Syn. Aurora is doing just fine on its own without such... assistance." Aurora Industries was deep into its Phase III program of starships and weapons while Spaarti Creations was preparing for some fascinating new developments in genetics and bioengineering.

"Ophidia seems to have some confidence in his skills," she continued, "so I am offering him the opportunity to gain some of my confidence in his abilities and we both know how useful that can be for an up-and-coming Sith and the rewards and resources it can bring. Whether he succeeds or fails at this task is up to him and his followers, but that can be discussed when you arrive. Bring him along to Arkania."

She once more leaned back in her seat.

"There is so much we must talk about and so much work to be done," she added, a smile crossing her lips. "I await your arrival, my apprentice." And the hologram would wink out.

370d9lz.png

Ophidia?

Alina could only assume the name was of Alisteri's master. She'd never actually heard it before. Then again, it might not be? Hard to tell. But she dipped her head regardless. Arkania. Once the hologram dipped she stood, reaching out to punch in the other Sangnir's contact info. No time like the present, especially after she'd delayed so long.

"Plot a course to Arkania. We leave immediately."

She'd already heard her droid slipping away after it finished the task she'd asked of it. Within moments the ship was up, leaving atmosphere to head to the destination while she awaited contact with her fellow.

Darth Strosius Darth Strosius | Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
The day had been almost too quite for his liking thus far. With most of his cult now situated on Formos the Altorius was left to run with a skeleton crew and whatever prisoners they managed to capture from their sparse raids on smuggler ships, as such the daily noises aboard the vessel had thinned to an almost eerie silence.

He didn't like it.

Thankfully for him the silence was interrupted by a call, one coming from his personal holocom no less. Finally something to break up the monotony. Alisteri was quick to answer, eager to have a break from the work on the desk before him.

"Alisteri Haxim here, to what and whom do I owe the pleasure?"

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru / Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf

370d9lz.png

"It's me. Head to Arkania immediately. My master has a job for you." Alina didn't wait for a reply before sending him the coordinates needed. She stood with a much more solemn expression though, her golden eyes lacking the fire she usually had. Though, perhaps that wasn't seen through a hologram. It lasted only for a moment before her fanged grin returned. If the goal to kill the Force wasn't possible, then she'd just find something else.

"See you there, Ali."

She clicked off the com before he could ask anything of her just as her ship entered Hyperspace to head to the designated meeting location. She would not keep Taeli waiting, even for Alisteri.

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Alisteri blinked in surprise, both in reaction to hearing Alina and due to her very short and to the point message. Before he could ask what and where Arkania was the call was dropped and he was left in his silent office once more. The coordinates answered one of his questions at least, and he had little intent of making Alina or her master wait.

It only took a couple minutes to tell the rest of the Altorius crew that he was leaving and subsequently pilot one of the spare shuttles out of the hangar and off towards the coordinates. The shuttle entered hyperspace and the masked Knight sat back as the ship made its way towards whatever this Arkania place was. "Alright Alina, let's see what you've roped me into now..."

370d9lz.png

Arkania.

Alina stared down at the frigid world as the ship dropped from hyperspace, conflict clear in her eyes. There was no going back from here. Uncertainty crept in the back of her mind. Her master had always given her a long leash. To explore, learn, find her own way. But she did abandon the Sith. Was it truly something that didn't matter to Taeli? Was she not walking into a punishment?

The uncertainty was pushed back as she descended to the rendezvous spot, sitting beside her droid pilot. Ignoring the subtle complaints the thing would say. She never did like droids. Whatever awaited her, she was going to find out.

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Arkania was a world of ice and diamonds, and home to one of the most pretentious and scientifically minded species in the galaxy. The Arkanians were renowned and vilified for their achievements in genetics, cloning, and bioengineering and that reputation had carried over for several millennia. Their cities and vast laboratory complexes dotted the surface of the icy world and delved underground for more clandestine research. The system was wealthy, and while not militarily powerful since the Alliance had banned cloning armies, the system did have some protection from allies within the Alliance and were in the process of building up their own security forces.

All in all, a perfect place for the Lady of Secrets to quietly establish her webs.

The facility she had directed her apprentice and Alisteri to reach lay within a perpetual snowstorm in the far northern reaches of the planet. The snowstorm was merely one layer of cover for the laboratory for Izunia Genetics, and once their ships passed a certain point, they would find it calm with only a light snow falling, suggesting artificial means of creating the storm.

In a dark blue and black dress, hooded cloak billowing lightly behind her and not a single flake of snow falling on her, Darth Arcanix patiently waited for them to touch down on the facility's landing pad and exit their ships.

370d9lz.png

Alina had heard about just how far her Master's web reached, but seeing it first hand was a different story. Alliance space with one of her own facilities. Where she could live comfortably. The Sangnir's brow furrowed in annoyance. Mostly at herself and the life she'd ended up living after she fled the Sith. Choices always had their consequences.

She just never bothered to think that far ahead then. Now she was the future Alina who had to deal with the problems.

Her ship touched down without delay. A Sith Interceptor. She stifled a laugh as the ramp lowered, disbelief still coursing through her head. Out into the snow she walked, her gaze falling on that of her Master. She dipped her head in a bow, snow falling into her white hair. Never melting, though.

"Hello again, Master."

Taeli Raaf Taeli Raaf | Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

Breaker of Chains
Codex Judge
Journeying to an unknown place for unknown purposes was already a dangerous prospect. Exiting hyperspace near this apparent Arkania and discovering that he was in enemy territory made said dangerous even more apparent. Alisteri muttered a curse as he followed the coordinates and approached the northern side of the planet.

The storm did take a few minutes to navigate and fly through but thankfully by the time he had breached into the calm zone beyond it the shuttle was upright again and the facility was in sight. He wasted little time and began his descent, the shuttle coming to land on the pad near where Alina's Infiltrator had been parked.

She was already out, and another figure was waiting for them as well. Her master was a total unknown to him. Given that she seemed to have a base in Alliance space, he could guess that she was of a powerful sort. The type that he had to watch himself around, just in case. He hardly paid attention to the light snowfall, foreign as it was, and instead focused on the other two Sith before him.

The landing ramp lowered and the masked Knight stepped out from the shuttle and onto the landing pad, glancing at Alina and then at her master with a polite nod of his head.

Alina Tremiru Alina Tremiru Darth Strosius Darth Strosius

As Alina's ship came into land, Taeli patiently waited for her apprentice to appear. Security had already detected the second ship not far behind the Sangnir; an unidentified shuttle with little to no markings. Even at this distance though she could sense the dark side from the shuttle's occupant. Alina appeared as the ramp lowered and she offered her greeting.

"Welcome back, Alina," she answered, imparting her pleasure to see the Sangnir's desire to return to the fold. Alisteri joined them and she added, "and a welcome to you too, Knight Haxim. You both made excellent time. Please come inside, we have much to discuss."

She gestured for both Sith Knights to follow her into the landing pad's turbolift and down into the facility proper. The Izunia Genetics logo was prominent on the polished white floor, but as they passed through a hidden sensor net, the image shifted to that of Spaarti Creations while also scanning the individuals with her for any... untoward surveillance devices. Given the nature of her research and work, plus her own needs for maintaining her secrecy and protection, one could never be too careful.

The turbolift finally came to a stop and the door slid open, revealing a state-of-the-art facility that sprawled out before them within the glacier in a twisting maze of research labs and reinforced transparisteel corridors. The quiet hum of a grav-train could be heard occasionally as it transported materials or specimens to other parts of the facility.

What would likely strike them most was the number of beings milling about; Sith Adepts and alchemists discussing experiments or other work with unscrupulous scientists and geneticists, soldiers garbed in gleaming black and yellow armor patrolling the hallways. Taeli would lead both Sith Knights to the office and private laboratory she reserved for her own use at this facility but would be happy to answer any questions they might have along the way.

370d9lz.png

Her gaze shifted to Alisteri, only for a moment. In all their time knowing each other, they'd never actually met the other's Master. Seen them bend the knee. In a way, it annoyed her that Alisteri was here. An annoyance that was overshadowed by the comfort of someone she trusted as an ally in what was technically hostile space.

Alina still knew far too little about her own Master to fully trust her.

".. You have a lot more than I thought." Aurora might as well of been a house hold name at this point, sure. But to see yet another facility, and one far more expansive than the office she used to visit and report to Taeli in was.. Humbling. For as much as Alina fought tooth and claw to get what she had with her own power, it was hardly a fraction of what her Master had.

"What is it all for?" That was the burning question of the evening. For all this power, Taeli had never truly stepped into the light of the Sith since Alina had been there. Was there a plan? Was she building something? Her absence only made her more ignorant of her Master's machinations. She wanted to fix that, though. Had to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom