Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Hearts and Minds

ᴏɴᴇꜱ ᴀɴᴅ ᴢᴇʀᴏᴇꜱ

bb610.png

GADividerBlue.png

| LOCATION: Ilum |
| TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble | Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj | Loomi Loomi | Braze Braze | Casaana Casaana |

His gaze met Aris', and immediately the astromech perked up; it was oftentimes difficult to gauge a droid's emotions, but BB-610 never shied away from showing his. He bweeped happily, wobbling excitedly like a pup wagging its tail, as he nodded and gleefully trailed after them. Excitement was often a double-edged sword, however, and BB-610 was no stranger to getting swept up in it, blindly disregarding the dangers around them. It was easy to fall into a false sense of security with a decently sized group and a lingering sense of childlike wonder, so BB-610 had to hand it to Braze for kicking the trademark worry into his system again. It was a very effective speech! Perhaps a bit too effective...

The droid peered over at one of the Padawans, playful and giddy as she motioned for Vera to run off with her, and BB-610's motherly instincts - he'd always thanked Valery for that - peaked at an all time high. Immediately, the astromech swirled around to face the front of the young Noble to impede any movement, central optic locked with her eyes. He chirped, a low warbling, as he told Vera to not rush into things and to take her time; he added that the crystals weren't going anywhere, and that she should keep Braze's advice in-mind. He cast a glance over to Aris, as though to ask for his agreement on the matter.

Finally, BB-610 twirled his head around to look behind him, his eye set on Casaana Casaana . The astromech bweeped, telling her to be careful when running, mentioning that the cave could get slippery and she might fall and hurt herself. Despite never having met the Padawan before, there was an intrinsic concern that welled at his core for her - and all of them - as he carefully monitored his movements. He'd never forgive himself if he let something bad happen to Valery and Kahlil's children, and he certainly wasn't going to stop being a worrywart when it came to anyone else.

Speaking of which, he cast his attention over to Loomi Loomi , noting her nervousness. They'd been spelunking before, and he'd enjoyed their time together - she was a nice girl, and BB-610 couldn't help but feel sympathy for her woes. He rolled over to her, nuzzling the flat of his head against her side with an affectionate whirr, asking her how she was holding up.

GADividerBlue.png

As the group approaches the cavern entrances, the landscape around them shifts dramatically, leaving behind the familiar forest terrain and transitioning into a rugged, almost otherworldly environment. The air grows cooler, carrying a dampness that clings to the skin and fills the lungs with each breath.

The caverns themselves are a sight to behold, a symbol to the untamed forces of nature and time. Towering above the group, the entrances loom like gaping maws of ancient beasts, carved into the side of a sheer cliff face. The rock around the openings is jagged and rough, with streaks of darker minerals running through it like veins. Moss and small, hardy plants cling to the crevices, adding splashes of green to the otherwise stark, grey stone.

The largest of the caverns beckons the group with its yawning entrance, wide enough for several people to walk abreast. The threshold is marked by an array of stalactites and stalagmites, some meeting in the middle to form natural pillars. These calcified formations vary in size, from small, delicate spikes to massive, towering structures, creating an almost cathedral-like atmosphere at the entrance.

As the group's eyes adjust to the dimmer light, they notice the walls of the cavern glisten with moisture, reflecting the light in a myriad of tiny sparkles. The sound of dripping water echoes softly, a constant, rhythmic backdrop to their exploration. The air inside is cooler still, carrying a faint, earthy scent mixed with the mineral tang of wet stone.

Deeper within the cavern, the light from the entrance fades, giving way to an almost ethereal glow. Bioluminescent fungi and lichens cling to the walls and ceiling, casting a soft, otherworldly light in hues of blue and green. The path ahead is uneven, with the floor of the cavern dipping and rising, sometimes opening into small, hidden alcoves or narrowing into tight passages.

The atmosphere inside the cavern is one of ancient mystery and quiet majesty. It feels as if the group has stepped into a forgotten world, a place untouched by time, where every step takes them deeper into the heart of the planet's secrets.

As the group gathered at the entrance of the cavern, Braze turned to face them, his expression solemn. The weight of responsibility as their guide was evident in his stance. He took a deep breath, the cold air filling his lungs, before speaking.

"Remember, everyone, these caverns are more than just tunnels of ice and stone. They are a test, a journey inward as much as outward," Braze cautioned, his voice echoing slightly in the vast expanse of the entrance. "Be mindful of the time you spend inside. These walls can play tricks on your perception, and time can slip away without notice. You do not wish to end up trapped within. "

His gaze swept over the group, ensuring his words were taken to heart. He knew the dangers that lay ahead, the challenges each individual might face. The caverns were a place of discovery, but also of trial.

Braze's thoughts were a tumultuous sea. The cool, shadowed path ahead seemed to beckon him, inviting him to discover what lay beyond the veil of darkness.

Last edited:

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Weapons: Lightsabers
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Braze Braze Loomi Loomi BB-610 BB-610 Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj Casaana Casaana

"Fine, I'm sorryyy," Vera said with just a gentle pout. She didn't want to be mean to anybody — it was just a little bit of messing around. But if Aris told her to stop, then she would. With that handled, Vera turned to Casaana Casaana and blinked at what she proposed. Did she care about her brother beating her in the caves? No... not really. They were all supposed to get a crystal, right? Vera also knew that her brother couldn't sense the Force the way she could.

She wouldn't mention it because she didn't want to embarrass him, but maybe he needed her help this time!

"Wait up! I won't leave him behind!" Casaana already ran off, but Vera stopped and turned around to look at him and BB-610 BB-610 with quite a smile. "Come on, let's sneak Bee inside before the Masters see. I don't think droids usually go into the caves." She giggled and quickly hurried Bee up to join them.

He'd be the first droid to be within the legendary crystal caves.

Meanwhile, Valery had brought Kahlil into her little office within the Temple, where she started making some cocoa, until she realized it had a setting for coffee too — he liked that far better. "Here, love," Valery said as she offered the hot cup with a loving smile.

"So... it's a big day, huh?" She smirked at him and leaned back against her desk. "I always knew it'd be hard for me to let the kids go more and more. But it seems even harder on you?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Aris let out a sigh as they made their way into the caverns. As he thought, he won't be able to feel the call of the crystals as the others did. It was part of the reason he'd called Bee along. Neither of them could feel that, so at least then he wouldn't be alone. Vera was already running off with the others, likely because she heard the call. Bee was ever the worrywart, trying to help the ones that seemed more nervous to not feel nervous.

Bee was always the best at that.

He blinked, though as Vera turned around to look at him. Then Bee. He blinked again before just grinning wide and nodding once. Even if he couldn't feel the trial around them, they could still have fun.

"Yeah. Yeah! C'mon Bee, let's get you inside. Maybe you'll have a crystal waiting for you, too."

"It.. Is. Sort of. I'm prepared for them to go off and be Jedi. But to actually see them go off and be Jedi is.. Sad. No, not sad, but certainly bittersweet. Especially when they don't want to fly with mom and dad anymore." A heavy sigh escaped Kahlil as he stared into his caf before taking a long, slow sip.

"That's really what gets me, I guess."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | BB-610 BB-610 | @others

"The second time," he continued, "a Gorgodon outwitted me. I thought I was clever, agile enough to evade it. I was wrong. The hours I lost in that encounter were critical, and by the time I reached the crystal I was seeking, my time had run out."
Ikenna shivered. He'd heard of the furry beasts. Tales of nine foot tall monsters that hunted in packs haunted his nightmares as a youngling in the days before his gathering. Luckily, the worst Ikenna had to deal with on his trip to Ilum had been the cold and some minor frostbite. The fact that this was Braze's third attempt at the gathering gave Ikenna pause. Somehow he was both in awe at his tenacity and confused how he'd managed to become a Padawan failing one of the most essential tests a youngling took on.

His internal grumbling nearly had him miss the Noble twins mischievous whispers. His eyes narrowed from beneath his heavy winter coat. What were they planning. It was only then that he realized that he was the only one here not for the gathering. Braze and Loomi seemed like they could handle themselves - it was the others he was really here to watch.

The ice caves were vast. Though this particular cavern hadn't been where he'd got his crystal, he knew they all conneceted in one way or another and that connection comforted him and reassured him that for now, he was on the right path. He would watch the two and at least give them fair warning before letting his temper get the better of him.

"Younglings Noble and Noble..." he said, a finger waggle in his voice, "No pets. No droids. This is one on one time with the Force."

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj Braze Braze Casaana Casaana Loomi Loomi

When Ikenna spoke up, Vera turned to him. Her cheeks puffed, her eyes narrowed, and she was about to let him have it for excluding BB-610 BB-610 from going into the caves. But her anger settled back down, as she looked at both Aris and Bee. She couldn't really go up against the Padawan, and she was worried she'd just drag Aris into more trouble with her too. Mom and Dad were also awfully close...

So, she crouched down besides Bee and wrapped her arms around him for a big hug. "I'm sorry, Bee. We will be back soon and take you somewhere fun. And when we're older, we'll take you to the caves and no Padawan will stop us." She had an annoying little grin on her face, knowing that Ikenna probably heard that.

She was still a Noble, after all.

Vera then stood back up and gave Bee one last, saddened smile, before she snatched Aris by the hand and pulled him along into the caves. Immediately, the young Noble felt the crystals around her calling out to her, but one little voice was louder than the others.

"I think I feel it, Aris! Do you know where your crystal is, too?" She asked. They would still have to locate them physically and confront the cave's trials, but sensing her crystal was a good start.

"It's kind of cute that it affects you so much, but..." She stepped closer and pulled him into a comforting hug for once, "Don't worry, honey. The kids love flying with us, and I'm sure they will be going on plenty of trips with us still. Sometimes for fun, sometimes as Jedi."

"They just wanted to be with the others going through their gathering, and I can understand that."
She smiled and pulled back to look at her husband with a loving smile.

"What worries me more is what they will get up to as Padawans. We need to make sure they aren't thrown into war zones..."

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

Bee wasn't allowed?

Aris practically glared at the Padawan as he stood defensively in front of their droid friend. Who cared about one on one time if that meant excluding one of their friends? Then again, Aris couldn't feel the Force like all the others around did. If not for Vera speaking up, Aris would've likely started to use words he shouldn't to make sure Bee was coming with them. He looked back towards BB, frowning sadly before reaching out to pat the top of the droid's head.

"Next time."

Without a doubt next time. When he was older he wouldn't let someone tell him no like this again.

Then he was pulled along. He blinked, looking to Vera as they left. His frown hadn't faded. It probably wouldn't for a while. "No. I don't."

"I know. I get why. It just.. Still feels bittersweet." He returned the hug. Sighed heavily. Then frowned. Very openly frowned. There was a point to what Valery said, but.. "We can't prioritize them over others, you know. Not as Jedi. All Jedi Padawan's should be older before they end up in a war zone. Perhaps we should talk to the others about setting an age."

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj | BB-610 BB-610

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"Well, we can only find crystals if we can feel them..." Vera frowned and looked around for a moment. They didn't have forever to find the crystal either, not with the caves eventually closing again. But... she wasn't going to let Aris leave this cave without his crystal, even if he already had a lightsaber.

She didn't want him to feel like something was wrong because he couldn't sense the Force. It just meant that she was going to have to sense for him, and she reckoned that she could with her visions. Especially because he was her brother, and her bond to him was stronger than just about any other bond.

"Aris, I'm going to help you first, okay?" she asked with a smile. "Together, we can find your crystal!" She nodded and just started pulling him along even more.

Valery nodded and let out a soft sigh, "I think setting an age is hard to do. Not all species really mature at the same rate, and we should take that into account." He was right though — this needed to be about more than just their own kids. "I think we should show Knights and Masters that we trust them, and just actively open dialogue to encourage them not to bring their Padawans into war too young."

"I'm sure they'd understand," Valery said with a smile. "That said, if my kids end up in too much danger, I'm going to be a very angry and dangerous Mama~"

Oh Vera didn't want to come with her, maybe waiting was the better idea? She doubled back in time to hear Braze give another pep talk and she paused to consider the distance they'd come. Had they started further away from the caves than she thought? Still, she waited through it, the cold damping her enthusiasm somewhat now that it'd had time to wear on her.

Casaana looked to the twins after to see them getting a mollifying from Ikenna. Clearly she'd have to give them the 'older people are like gundarks' speech at some point. No wait, that would be naughty and she was supposed to be a good Jedi. Truly it was one of life's greatest pains to see others fail to learn your own hard-earned lessons without being able to help. Still. it was time to move into the caves and she didn't even feel that bad at leaving the twins behind. Nope! Braze had made that point very pointedly. They couldn't waste time and had to center themselves.

Exploring the passages, she gazed around her in wonderment, the glowing plants sticking to everything, the little reflections sparkling in the ice, the sheer feeling of life flowing all around her! Spreading her arms, she gave a little spin of joy with smile beaming from her face. Laying down, she took a moment to watch the stalactites twinkle in the ceiling before closing her eyes. Breath, breath, breath. Slow little heart.... Deep inside she felt a warm presence.

Her eyes opened and she could see little motes of light, almost like little hairs floating on the wind emanating from a little side tunnel, maybe halfway up the wall as they floated down to swirl around her, and she knew. Grinning to herself, she stood up and began to climb. An adult wouldn't be able to fit, but she knew she'd make it with a little bit of wiggling.

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Ikenna Tahj Ikenna Tahj Braze Braze Loomi Loomi Valery Noble Valery Noble

Braze watched the unfolding scene with a touch of empathy and introspection. Braze practically felt the infantile petulance at being told 'no' for bringing their droid friend along. The young Noble twins' disappointment at being told they couldn't bring their droid friend into the caves struck a chord with him. He understood the necessity of the rule, yet he couldn't help but feel a twinge of sympathy for their childlike frustration. It reminded him of his own younger days, when rules often felt like unnecessary constraints rather than guiding principles. He briefly wondered is he came off poorly to his peers and betters.

His thoughts wandered to his own experiences as a youngling. Unlike the Nobels, Braze hadn't formed many close friendships at their age. He often found himself on the periphery, observing rather than participating. This tendency to watch and learn had shaped him into the Jedi he was now, but it also left him with a sense of detachment from his peers. He wondered how the twins were perceived among the other younglings, realizing that he had lost touch with the dynamics of such youthful interactions.

Braze's empathic abilities had continued to grow, he found himself increasingly attuned to the emotions of those around him. This sensitivity was both a gift and a curse, leading him down tangential paths of thought as he tried to understand the motivations and feelings of others. He shook his head, attempting to clear his mind of these distractions. The Force was calling to him, but in a manner that was unsettlingly different from his experiences in the Caverns on Centerra.

The silence in these caves was profound, almost oppressive. It was a stark contrast to the overwhelming presence he had felt before. This eerie quietude gnawed at him, stirring a sense of unease. Why was the Force so silent here? The question lingered in his mind, unanswered.

As he realized he was the last one standing at the entrance, a wave of embarrassment washed over him. He was a Padawan who had failed a trial that was considered fundamental for younglings more than once. Doubts crept into his thoughts, casting shadows over his confidence.

The quiet was disconcerting- why was it so quiet?

Last edited:

Kahlil_Div2.png

"You can't be. Not without it being unfair." That was the crux of the issue. They should show they trust whomever takes on their children as their Padawans, but for them to think that they'd be angry or furious if something went wrong was a massive problem. Kahlil took a slow sip of his Caf, looking outside with a deeper frown.

"We said we wouldn't take them on as our own Padawans so they'd be able to be trained properly. That means we can't be involved with whoever their Master is. The others of the Council will decide anything with that. We will be removed. Discipline, rewards, anything on their path to be Jedi we cannot be involved in anything more than helping them with basic training or the like. Otherwise it's going to be unfair for them, and whoever takes them on."

"I know."

That was part of the reason why he wanted Bee here. So they could at least explore the cave together even though Aris was certainly going to fail. He let out a sigh as he looked about the crystals further within. They were pretty, but.. None spoke to him. Called to him. Sang. Whatever the case was with it. He didn't understand it, not like the others seemed to. Nor did he want to hold Vera back. He said nothing, more than happy that she'd at least heard her own.

Only for her to come back. He blinked as he listened to her. Part of him wanted to tell her to go find hers first, but he knew her. She wasn't going to take no as an answer for this. He sighed before smiling. "Okay, Vera."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png

Valery squinted at him.

"You know, I was just messing around but... I don't entirely agree." She kept herself calm but there was a motherly edge to her voice as she spoke now. "We're still their parents and we do have a responsibility to keep them safe. We're allowed to feel upset, angry or however we feel, if they come home hurt or with problems after their missions. It doesn't mean that we're going to use our positions to do something about it, though."

Which... was really what he seemed to mean with what he said. They couldn't give their kids special treatment, and she 100% agreed that they shouldn't ever be the ones to reward or reprimand their own children for official Jedi related business.

"That said, I trust their Master will handle everything just fine, and I promise that I won't bother them. Just... if my babies come home hurt, I'm going to struggle." She crossed her arms in front of her chest to hug herself, and walked over to lean into his chest for comfort. As exciting as it was for her kids to become Padawans, it frightened her a little as well.

"Good! I wasn't going to let you say no, anyway." She grinned at him and started walking into the caves. "I read that the caves can show us our fears or something that holds us back," Vera then continued, her multi-colored eyes scanning every inch of ice and snow around her. "If you see something scary, let me know."

Not that he needed her comfort, but she'd still help him.

"Hmm... I don't think I can sense your crystal, but I can see if if you let me." She turned to face him and looked him in the eyes. "If you're okay with it, I can do something Alicio Organa Alicio Organa showed me, and we will see." She held up both of her hands for him to take, and started to let her mind drift into the Force already.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"We're both going to struggle."

That was the honest truth about it. They both were going to have problems in the future. A Jedi's life wasn't a peaceful one. People were going to get hurt, and their children weren't an exception. "We're going to struggle a lot, I imagine."

"I'm not going to see those things. Those fears, I mean." If there was any advantage to how he was connected to the Force, it was that. He couldn't see things in the Force, for better or for worse. He still frowned as he followed along after Vera. Blinked as she offered a hand. Something from Alicio? He nodded once as he took her hand. There was no reason not to. "Okay. Sure."

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png

"I think so too, but we have each other, right?" Valery looked up and reached for both of his hands. "If there's one thing that can really get to us, it's when family gets hurt. Whether that's you. me, or the kids..." she frowned and leaned into him for a hug of comfort now. "We'll have to keep each other balanced, and trust the kids and their Masters to do what they can to make it home safe."

They'd really have to hope for a good Master, but Valery felt certain they would. Even an unbiased Council Member wouldn't just assign anybody to the Noble Padawans — they had huge targets on their heads just because of who their parents were. No, they needed someone able to teach and defend them.

"Maybe you will," Vera said with a shrug. "Not everything the Force shows you means you need to use your senses. There are illusions that even people without a Force connection can see," Vera said with a big nod. Scary Sith used those illusions to frighten people, or make them do something against their will.

"But... I will also make you see. It's important that we do this together." Vera smiled, took his hands and sat down in the snow with him. Then, in an instant, they were gone. Drawn into the mind of the chaotic little Noble, but Vera's vision focused on the caves once more. So, even though they were in a vision, it still felt like they had never left the caves at all.

Aris would hear a whisper, and it was calling his name.

"I'm your senses now, Aris," Vera said with just a little giggle. "If we follow the voice, we'll find our way."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's going to be that much harder to keep each other balanced if our kids are hurt, you know." It'd been that way when Carnifex stole away Vera. They couldn't be the two to save her because of their emotions. They didn't have that level of control. No one would, truly. Not with their own children. He hugged her in turn, smiling just a little after a moment. "But we'll figure it out, I imagine."

"I don't think you really understand just what I can and can't do, Vera. It's.. Different." It was like a part of him was blocked from the Force, not that he was like a non Force Sensitive like Vera seemed to think. Though, his understanding of that was changed the moment he took Vera's hand and suddenly the cave was alight with bright colors. The Force. He blinked rapidly, despite the fact he was looking through Vera's eyes and not his own.

".. Wo."

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png

Valery leaned heavily into the hug and squeezed her arms around him as tightly as she could without hurting him - so basically about as tight as she could manage at all. "We will figure it out. I'm... also very glad they have each other, you know? Vera and Aris are really close, and very protective of each other." So even disregarding who their Master would be, they would always have each other at the very least.

"The scariest thought, though...what if they start bringing people home they like?" She squinted now, though at nothing in particular. Then, she looked up and smirked. "You are very protective of your little star. That'll be something to talk to her about too... She is getting to that age where she needs to be mindful of it all."

"Aris," Vera said with a chuckle, "I understand better than anybody else. I'm your sister." She nodded and looked at him with a smile when he was finally able to look through the Force, and perhaps see the caves in a very different way for once.

He still wouldn't feel in the same way, but the vision allowed him to see or hear what his sensed would have otherwise showed him.

"Aris, this is my vision but I'm drawing on who you are, and what you are supposed to see in these caves. So...are you ready to confront your fears?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil blinked slowly before looking down towards Valery. Just stared at her before reaching out to slowly take a sip of his caf again.

"You're just piling up the stress at this point. Jeeze. I don't want to think about them starting to date, they're way too young for that."

Aris blinked slowly before looking down towards Vera. Just stared at her before smiling. So this was what she saw? What she heard? He nodded once, putting back on a more excited grin as he started to walk forward deeper into the cave. With Vera here he could actually do this. Together they both could do this. Well, she probably could on her own, but he wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth.

"Let's go. I'm ready."

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png

Valery grumbled a little, "You know I can't help it," she said, clearly with some stress about it all. "It's the little Mom bugs in my head that make me just... blegh." She managed to chuckle and looked at him while he sipped from his caf. "Why can't they just stay little and adorable?" She pouted, but it was obvious that she was just joking.

She loved having little kids, but watching them grow up... it was amazing in its own right.

Meanwhile, Vera was having fun, seeing Aris this excited. It was all new to him, and he didn't really need to focus to see what she was seeing. But to the young Seer, all of this was often very overwhelming. Even Aris had seen it, back when Niv Hani was attacked and her visions were too much for her to handle.

This one felt a lot more peaceful, though.

"Aris? Do you know what your fears are?" Vera asked, as they walked down a path full of shiny crystals. All of them were so beautiful, but these weren't calling them to come closer. "I'm... scared to see mine." Which was exactly what a fear was all about, but it felt weird admitting it like this.

"I don't want to see it again."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"At least we'll remember those days. That we had them." Kahlil let out a little, sad laugh. The memories were always going to be there. It was still a somber moment though. He squeezed Valery again before leaning back in his seat to sip his caf comfortably. He at least felt better now.

"I just hope they're doing well."

"No. I mean. I'm not sure." That was the honest truth. He knew some of his fears, but which was his greatest? He was certain that they'd at least find out together. And that Vera would be the one one who'd see it first. And likewise he'd see hers. He frowned at that. They'd be sharing fears together. He let out a sigh before squeezing her hand. Smiled. No matter what they saw, they'd at least have each other.

"But we're together."

bcVBgxg.png

Ilum
div-orange.png

Valery laughed along a little and unceremoniously plopped down straight into his lap when he sat down. If he was going to comfortably sip from his caf, then why couldn't she make herself comfortable too? He was sitting in her office chair, after all. Now he would be her comfy, warm chair.

"You know, sometimes we make it sound like we're already old, and the kids are already out of the house." She snickered a little and leaned into him. Totally not to take his attention away from his caf and to hugging her. "But they still need us, and we have three more beautiful little ones to smother too." She shot him a grin and planted a kiss against his cheek.

"...and more to come."

Vera nodded to Aris and seemed a little nervous about walking forward now. Her fear wasn't something silly like seeing a big spider - it was something terrible that had already happened to her. Reliving that would break her in ways that just couldn't be healed.

"Yeah, together." She smiled and squeezed his hand back before they wandered further into the caves. The Force was swirling all around them, and Vera could see it tugging at her brother.

"Something is happening," she said as she looked around shifting tunnels. "Stay alert, Aris. I think we'll be seeing yours firsr because we're going after your crystal." Or maybe would it be last because of that? She didn't know, and she didn't like it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom