Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heart of Democracy (Commenor Dominion of the Yutan Hex)

Objective: None
Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"], [member="Arisa Yune"]

Lynn gave a sideways glance at the Padawan's outburst of anger. She didn't respond to it as she did not look for oppertunies to begin arguements. She knew exactly what the Silver Jedi were about, she grew up among them since the Battle of Alderaan. She was a youngling when Arisa joined the Order. She did not hate the Order and if the call came to aid them she would be there. This was merely philisopical differences.

In her eyes, Jedi were never to seek out war and combat was always a last resort. This belief was evident in Lynn's training and fighting style. Everything she knew was defense and the use of web shooters was mean to subdue and not injure.

The intial development of Silver Jedi was a branch of the Jedi Order that sought to take the fight to the Sith instead of waiting. Growing up Lynn believed in that and it made sense to her. To help the Galaxy you needed to fight. As she aged she saw the flaws in this and the answers in the Code. There is Peace. When combat is what you sought it is what you sowed and eventually it led you to make tough desicions. One being to work with former One Sith. While the Iron Empire declared they only did their job and we're no longer Sith supporters, they were still middle of the road and they committed many war crimes. They were a valuable ally, but in Lynn's eyes, this was not how the Jedi should believe.

So she left and sought answers among the Jedi teaching which led her to here. She did not expect people to understand or even agree, but she had to follow her beliefs and where the Force took her.

Lynn noted the tone in the Grandmaster's voice, but again she paid no mind to it and returned with a smile, aster Yuna, it is good to see you." While she did not know the Grandmaster's intentions or reason for being here, she was not lying about it being good to see her.

Now that pleasantries we're out of the way, her attention was again received by Master Veiere. She listened intently to his words and nodded a few times in response. As the words fell silent so did Lynn as she thought and reflected on the Force. Since most of her training with Master Crieff was based on meditation she found that she could connect with the Force quicker and could seek help within it on the fly.

She stood there for a few moments in reflection before she looked down to her right and saw what she was needing. She picked up a plant and held it to them. It was very similar to a multi coloured four leaf clover.

"Look at this plant. It has one stim that has many leaves. It is one plant as we are one Jedi, but the leaves are distinct from each other and held together by the common stim. The Code bines us, but interuptation separates us and sadly perspective prevents perfect interuptation and keeps us as separate leaves. One day this may change and on that day there will be peace. While your interuptation means to fight to protect and that is noble, I see peace and believe peace is not found in war. I seek to promote peace by being peace. If I am called to raise up arms and there is no other option then I will do so, but there are more alternatives that consant combat and thus I am here seeking these answers."

She gently leanded back down and placed the plant back to it's broken stim letting the healing powers of the Force flow out of her to return it to it's normal state. She stood back up and continued, "If we are all one stim, then why should we be separate leaves? For this, I do not have an answer. To you, working with former One Sith is a acceptable alliance, but to me I do not see this as acceptable. Does this mean one of us is wrong and the other right? I do not know, but the Force led me here and to leave the Order and thus I am here." As she spoke she spoke very seriously, but a smile never left her face.

Objective: Resume Diplomatic Talks
Allies: Yutan people
Enemies: TBD
Unknown: [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Rex Cruger"] [member="Farlon Orbit"]

Viktor waited and listened to Kay finish her speech. A few things hit home for him. Taking a moment to scan his fellow representatives he was impressed with their ability to mask their reactions. One or two he knew were bleeding hearts that would immediately sign on the dotted line. Viktor however was no such person. He would not be swayed by horror stories. He knew to read between lines. Taking a sip of water Viktor leaned forward giving Kay a polite small.

"I think I speak for everyone when I say we are deeply sorry for the treatment you received."

Viktor paused as a few of the Yutani delegates gave solemn nods.

"However if I am going to properly represent the people of Yutan some difficult questions need to be asked."

He paused.

"First what public office if any did you hold prior to your kidnapping. Second what were the events surrounding your release from captivity and was your kidnapper brought to justice. Third how did the Elders die?"

Viktor of course had other questions to ask but he would do so after hearing the answer to those first three. In his eyes it was very important to know how Commenor had gotten to where they were and Kay had opened the door wide open whether she had intended to or not.

Kay-Larr

Sphaera Tea Company Owner
Objective: Gain Diplomatic ties with Yutan
Allies: [member="Harvey"], Elsa, [member="Rex Cruger"] and [member="Farlon Orbit"]
Enemies: None yet
Unknown: [member="Viktor Alexander"]

Kay nodded a little with a small smile as Viktor gave his condolences. But his manner showed that he was up to something. She knew the type. They had aces up their sleeves and were able to think in some ways that she couldn't. That put her a bit on edge.

Viktor's questions. They made her feel as though she was on trial. A trial that some of the Loyalists, the people that didn't approve of her ascension to Queen, would have been dreaming of. She had to be very careful in her answering. "Before my abduction I was voted in as President of Commenor. A while before that I was it's Senator for the Republic. As for my release, I don't have an answer for you. A ransom may have been paid or they just got tired of me. I don't know. Post traumatic stress has affected some of my memories. But I'm working to fix that. As for the Elders, they were my mentors. I went to them in their residence, but I was too late. They were old, you realize. Older than anyone knew. They founded Chasin City a long time ago. It was heartbreaking to find them."

She had to shift the attention away from herself a bit. "You say that you are to represent the people of Yutan in the Senate. Am I to assume that you all had already anticipated this and have put it to a vote? Or did you just take it upon yourself to hold that office on your own, regardless of what the other fine gentlemen and ladies thought?" Kay picked up her water and had a sip.

Allies: [member="Harvey"], Elsa, [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Farlon Orbit"]

His eyes caught Viktors movement, he was smug about something, he was a talent in these kinds of things from what he had heard. He hoped that Kay's move would still their hands and figure this out before anything happened.

Viktor started out by basically interrogating Kay, not the nicest way to treat your quest but that's politics for you, they would never allow her to slip up, so she wouldn't. She was very good at what she did and he had no worry that she could take the heat and even dish some back at them, keeping them on their toes, he just hoped that was a good thing and not a bad one. She had a full hand of cards and she was using them well, but the Yutan government had a fairly sizable set as well and was pulling them out on Kay making sure that she could figure out what they needed. It was a fight, but one with words, each side fighting for the best of their own interests and trying to meet in the middle ground or get more then what they wanted.

As she finished her speech she threw some heat back at Viktor with a sip of her water. He knew that she was good at making sure that they were kept on their feet but he had a sneaking suspicion that the man she was sending some flame at had more power in the government then anyone would like to mess with, he just hoped that Kay knew what she was doing.

Unknown: [member="Lady Kay"] [member="Harvey"] [member="Rex Cruger"] [member="Farlon Orbit"]

Viktor didn't even flinch or miss a beat when Kay tried to flip his comments back on him.

"What Senate would you happen to be referring to? The one that doesn't exist on Yutan or the one that doesn't exist on Commenor?"

Viktor paused letting his questions sink in before he continued.

"The men and women you see in front of you are the duly elected or appointed representatives of the Yutan people. Empowered to speak on their behalf. The very same men and women that asked me to represent them in this matter before them today. No more and no less. So yes to answer your question although indirectly yes today and in this matter I represent the people of Yutan."

He paused glancing at the representatives before turning back to Kay.

"Perhaps you came here assuming the people of Yutan would bow to your will just because you showed up today. However I assure you two things here and now. The first being that I will not permit a vote being sent to the people of Yutan that does not contain a full and complete representation of what they are voting for. Second should the people vote for annexation by Commenor the people not I will decide who represents their interests in any future Senates that may or may not be established."

Victor took a sip of his water.

"No back to the matter at hand. You said you have no details as to the events leading to your release. However as a duly elected President would you not have access to such details after the fact. Or did you not care what it cost the people of Commenor to ensure your release?"

"Also you said you found the Elders dead and expressed how much their loss meant to you. So I am I to understand there was attempt to look into or confirm how or what caused their death. I have seen people go old, I have seen people retire, and I have seen people die. Rarely on the same day and rarely involving more than one person in the same place and on the same day."

Viktor paused.

"While we are the topic of representation. Why is it that Commenor lead by a voted official mentored by a Council was then converted into a Monarchy after the death of the Elders and only now being given consideration to hand Commenor back to it's people. Is it that you had no intention of making such a move until you received push back here by this delegation? What assurances do we have that if we do agree to annexation as a result of such an initiative that you will not simply go back to Commenor and remain on the Throne as sole ruler without a Senate being formed?"

Kay-Larr

Allies: [member="Harvey"], Elsa, [member="Rex Cruger"] and [member="Farlon Orbit"]

Kay clenched her jaw as Viktor basically spat back at her with his own answers. He was good. Too good. "The Senate that I was referring to is the one that will be created on Commenor...." Regardless of whether or not Yutan was going to be involved, the Senate was going to be created.

She remained silent as Viktor continued, though her face clearly showed that he was thinking about every point that he was making, whether she agreed with him or not. Kay sipped her water and spoke up when her heart screamed at her to do so. "I'm not that naive to think that people in a sovereign world will bow to me. That's not what I'm asking for. I was asking for us to work together to keep our economies going strong for the betterment of all of our people and to help protect our region from aggressors. I'm not taking steps to be your Queen. You all get to choose who leads you and who represents you. Not I."

She sipped her water as Viktor dove into the topics that she'd rather not discuss. The truth was that she didn't have all of the answers that he wanted and the answers that she did have, well, some of them she kept solely to herself. "As far as the events surrounding my abduction it is still under investigation and it's a personal and private matter. The Elders were very special and not being Commenori, you don't understand the connection between the three brothers. I'm not going to divulge the Elders' secrets and tarnish their legacy in any way.

Yutan may not approve of a Monarchy, but Commenor does. I'm not going to change the structure of government for each world to mimic my own. And there will be a Senate. A building will be constructed for it. My husband and I both discussed it at length. We were going to announce it in a short while, but..."
Kay sighed and shook her head a little. "I am not your enemy, nor a threat to you and your people. There will be fair elections among the Senate members to choose a Chancellor to lead them. Maybe some day that could be you." In a way she hoped that that would never happen. It was clear that Viktor didn't trust her. But at least she'd still have a voice.

Allies: [member="Harvey"], Elsa, [member="Lady Kay"] and [member="Farlon Orbit"]

His eyes came down in a squint as Viktor practically spat out his interrogation at Kay. It was very rude but this was his ground not hers, and he was going to play top down until Kay toppled his power over, he knew she could do it, she just had to play her cards right, which wasn't hard with the hand she had, but Viktor was going to make it a hard fight to win.

She kept her cool as she was practically interrogated by Viktor, one thing that would have gotten under his skin, but this was Kay, and she didn't let things get under her skin, or if they did she never let it show. That's one reason why she was so good at these kinds of things, diplomacy was a fine art that Kay was a master of, something that he never wanted to be known for, he liked to save the talking for the rich people, he'd rather get down and dirty to get what he want but he understood the need to talk things out every now and then. She answered his questions well enough and knew what she was doing but would that convince them.

Viktor did ask some questions that he knew that Kay didn't know but she did the best she could do with the knowledge she knew about the topics that she did know. She did her best on topics she didn't know well but if she knew a topic well she drove it home and gave a very good and well developed answer to the question. It seemed like everything that Viktor tried to pull over Kay was easily beaten back and reversed on him, a good thing for her, but he wondered if Viktor would do something unorthodox.

Kay moved the argument onto Yutan specifically. Kay and Veiere must have been discussing about making their government and their allies a Republic for a while because she seemed to have a lot of answers about that topic in particular, which was definitely showing in her answers. She explained to the crowd that they governments of each planet would not be baised off the monarchy of Commenor and that even if the Yutan government didn't approve of Commenors monarchy the people of Commenor did. Kay continued to keep the pressure on Viktor and the rest of the government to accept their offer but he knew that Viktor wouldn't go without a fight, and Kay was giving it to him.

Viktor listened to Kay's response even taking a minute to let it hang in the air before he offered up a response.

"Did they? By your own admission the Commenori people voted in a President and got a Queen instead. A point you have yet to explain why they have a Queen instead of a President leading them. I am curious as to why it has taken so long to potentially reverse. After all saying you will do something means nothing until it is written down and made public."

He paused.

"Your Majesty you made your abduction a matter of public record when you mentioned it to us. Therefore it ceases to be a personal and private matter in this room. Now I can't claim to know your reasoning for revealing it to us but I find it highly unlikely no information.........not even a working theory as to the how and why such a kidnapping took place. If you were simply an average citizen then it would not matter. However as a Head of State it would stand to reason not a single stone would remain unturned until the culprit or culprits were brought to justice. Unless there is a reason you don't want your kidnapping solved?"

Viktor took a sip of water.

"As to the matter of the death of the Elders, people you claim mean a great deal to you, I fail to see how confirming the cause and manner of their death has anything to do with their legacy much less tarnishes it. As a matter of fact I believe such a thing would serve to honor their memory and the impact they made on your people. Unless of course the Elders did not die of natural causes in which case I have to question why you would not want the matter investigated."

Viktor paused.

"Your Majesty your words seem to not only contradict themselves but conflict with your actions past and present as well. In your opening speech to us you hit on a subject that I find the integrity of in question. You stated that the threat of invasion is small. However based on your statements upon being voted in as President you were kidnapped, your Elders died under what can only be described as suspicious circumstances, and your Palace was attacked."

Viktor paused.

"All incidents of violence against you and your people that you seem unwilling or unable to address. You may not be our enemy but you are not exactly presenting yourself as a friend. You have a knack for public speaking your Majesty. I will give you that but you have not addressed the concerns presented to you in a satisfactory manner. Going as far even to deflect or be deceptive in your answers. A move common of the practices of the Republic during it's final years. A stance that had a devastating effect on Yutan and it's people. I would caution you against travelling any further down that road."

Kay-Larr

Kay folded her hands on the table. She definitely felt as though she was on trial now. If it were any other situation, she would just shut down and refuse to speak. But she couldn't afford to do that right now. She had a goal to accomplish to benefit the Galaxy, to continue to maintain stability. There was a lot to lose here.

When she spoke it was in a soft tone, but loud enough for everyone to hear. "You don't understand Commenori culture. With the Elders having died, I was next in line to replace them. That would mean that I'd be hidden away, alone, to watch from afar and mentor whomever was elected. Re-establishing the Monarchy was the only way around that law. It might seem bizarre or silly to you, but it is our way of life. If my people would have wanted it differently, then they would have expressed that. But they haven't."

By the Force did she want her tea right now. Yet she couldn't let herself falter anymore than she had already. "As for my abduction and the Elders, I must say again with all due respect, it is under investigation and I cannot make certain elements of it public without it interfering with the investigation itself. Surely you can understand how sensitive it is."

She looked down to her hands for a moment, pausing as she collected herself a bit more. "The threat of invasion is small. What happened to me was personal. I rescued many slaves from the Hutt Cartel when I served in the Republic. I had bounties on my head because of it but all of that is finished. The Hutt Cartel is gone, as are the bounties. The only ones harmed during the attack was myself and a few of my guards. It was not an attack on Commenor itself, but just on me. Whether or not that has any part to play in the investigation I cannot say. But nothing, and I mean nothing, has happened since then. We have grown our military, our fleets, and have remained out of conflicts giving people no incentive to attack us. So we are not like the Republic."

Kay looked to each of the Yutani officials. "If you want me to sign a statement confirming the creation of a Senate, then I will do so."

This was reminding her of the days of the Republic as well. She had very little voice then. Even if she wasn't fired a while before it fell, being there wouldn't of stopped it's demise anyways.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Interstellar Getaway
Allies: Commenor

"Don't forget that there are group, or bulk, discounts on stuff like ergonomic assessments"

"Yes, but you can easily stuff going awry and costing quite a bit either in adjustments or in lost productivity: one has to make sure they have their money's worth"

In the world of ergonomic assessments, group and bulk discounts are things, with people in that industry understanding group discounts as a step below bulk discounts in terms of the discounts they afford. That is, group discounts are not as big as bulk discounts. However Klesta realized that the Interstellar Getaway's office is not big enough for a bulk discount (and probably not even the headquarters on Ziost) but a group discount could be on the table if there's either one big work accident or a string of work accidents or high absenteeism in a short period of time.

Elisea Apollodor

E
En Route to Belasco
The Sevilla | Impericorps Outreach
Post 1

Elisea wasn't sure she'd be trusted to help again, but as Commodore Rashad put it. One cannot foresee the future. Impericorps would be an outreach program, a way to do good. Their goal would be to help others, and only help. Ask for nothing in return, their logo faded across the hull of the ship. The girl was aboard the Sevilla, a freighter that agreed to take her and her team to Belasco.

First Order was on good terms with Commenor and since they were the neighboring power to Belasco. It felt only right to ask first, so a message was sent out. And it was dispatched through encrypted channels: How may we help at Belasco? First Order Impericorps Services, or FIOS.

Once word was recieved for the go ahead, "alright listen up, helmets on make sure they can see you're here to help. Where your vests at all times, keep your flashlights with you. We'll be setting up an Outreach post once we touch. Remember stick together as a group, and always, always know why we're here."

"We're here to help, we're here as volunteers. So check your attitude at the door, these people don't need it." Elisea looked around and once she got a good look at everyone she hit the cockpit. "Alright pilot, take us in."

Objective: The Order of Commenor
Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Lynn Nantaris"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]
Opposition: NA
4/37

4948028-7792172280-61797.png

As the hermit continued blathering, Arisa concluded that she was indeed in the presence of a sheltered individual. What's worse, Lynn wasn't just naive, but also a hypocrite. Arisa let out a small sigh before addressing the girl.

"You know, Lynn, I could respect your views if I didn't know your history. During the time I had cut off ties with the Silver Order, you and other Silver Jedi joined in on an ill-advised assault against the First Order on Kaeshana while they were conducting a humanitarian mission. The people that were initially killed were not soldiers, but innocent aid workers and civilians there to help the natives who had been abandoned. The architects of said assault were Dark Jedi - Firemane."

"Your actions at
Kaeshana directly contributed to the rise of yet another intergalactic war, all while working at the behest of Dark Siders. What have you been doing since then to rectify your errors? Hiding out in an abandoned temple?" She looked around her surroundings, frowning. "I always hated these places, usually so far removed from the people we're supposed to protect."

"I have to be honest, it's hard to take you seriously on this. If you think that I enter any conflict without exhausting all other possible options, then you are sorely mistaken. Unfortunately, our adversaries usually don't leave us with the option to exercise civility - they bring war and violence to us from the start, without rhyme or reason. It is in those times that we must act accordingly. And it's funny you talk about peaceful resolutions, then chastise me and Thurion for making peace with former enemies who have done much to atone for their actions. Is that not what you want? Make up your mind."

She hadn't been at the temple fifteen minutes, and she was already exasperated with a self-righteous individual trying to lecture her on tenants that she already followed, and made the Silver Order follow as its Grandmaster. Today, most of the Silver Order's operations revolved around humanitarian efforts, helping all the countless victims from past and current wars get back on their feet. Much of Arisa's time these days wasn't spent on the
frontlines, but in embassies and boardrooms, practicing diplomacy and conflict resolution.

After speaking her mind on that topic, she was done there. If Lynn wanted Arisa to listen to her, then she would need to actually start practicing what she preached. Even when she was part of the Silver Order, Arisa hadn't seen much of Lynn doing anything, mostly just hanging around certain key figures within the Silver Order to curry their favor. Many times had Arisa asked for Lynn's assistance on matters, only to be refused as she and her cohorts weren't seen as "ideal" Jedi.

Her focus turned back to
Veiere. It appeared she had been mistaken about his intent with the Commenor Order. She had thought that they had intended to use the old Yutani temple as an outpost, but it seemed that her friend had an idea much grander in mind, a new hub for the Jedi across the galaxy.

"The New Jedi Order has tried to sell the rebuilt
Corusanti Temple as a great Jedi hub, but when I went there for communion, all I felt was contempt, even after we assisted them repelling the First Order at Skor - their only victory of the war. I grew up studying on Corusant as a Padawan, but that place is no longer feels like home for me. When the Republic Order refurbished this temple, we had done so with idea that it would be open to all Jedi, regardless of their individual interpretations of the Jedi Code and our pillars. If this is what you have in mind, then I could support your venture wholeheartedly."

He clenched his teeth some as Viktor finally turned the heat up on their conversation truly grilling Kay with her questions, apparently the interrogation had only just begun. He knew that this was going to get interesting fairly quickly but he just hoped that Kay could keep it up with her answers, he knew that she was good but Viktor had a lot up his sleeve, and he still had a lot of tricks to play. He just prayed that he didn't ask anything that Kay would have to lie about, because she could barely lie about eating the last bit of snack food, let alone something important.

Eyeing the crowd in front of them he held his ground not moving a inch as he stood behind the right shoulder of Kay his holo-emitters turned off so they saw him in his full armor and his black visor staring at each and everyone of them as he stood there. He liked this image stuck in their mines, so if they ever wanted to mess with Kay they would have to go through this face-less metal, they wouldn't be able to tell if he was machine or sentient, this is what he liked to play to his advantage.

Kay answered the questions well providing everything she could and everything that Viktor asked of her, which was good nothing tricky or weird that she had to answer or lie about. He believed in Kay's ability as a speaker and a diplomat but this was getting a little heated even for her tastes, but he knew that Kay had the smarts and the heart to push through this bout in the flames and get what she wanted from the negotiations with the Yutan government, it might take longer then usual though with all this talking.

Objective: Encourage Understanding and Tolerance (The Jedi Code).
Nearby: [member="Arisa Yune"], [member="Lynn Nantaris"], [member="Yuroic Xeraic"]

Veiere found himself sighing under his breath as he listened to the three of them bicker about their differences and past histories. It was true that perhaps Lynn Nantaris could have held her comments back towards the Silver Jedi Order given they were right there to witness and feel the disappointment form being fed such negative expression; yet Arisa Yune herself was an equally experienced Jedi, if not more so than Veiere himself was and thus, he had expected her to show a little more tolerance of the younger woman and take the remark on the chin able to stave off the argument for the sake of neutrality. The recent years of the Jedi Order across the galaxy had been split by differences and hurt feelings lacking the self restraint to look passed them and remember the peace of mind and the maturity of their training to look beyond such pettiness, it seemed that in the very first steps of trying to promote the re-establishment of the Jedi Order here, he was running into that very same problem...-One that would no doubt continue as he sought to bring things on ahead of their future place on Yutan.

"As riveting as this is, I cannot say I'm aware of what's transpired between you all. I do know however why the Jedi Order has become so fractured, splintered across the galaxy and despite being one in the same, look upon each other with contempt and prosecution..." Veiere spoke up between the others, interrupting any further backlash with a tone stronger than his usual. He was not one to speak down upon others though today he seemed to be lecturing them in the hope of reminding them all just what the Jedi had once striven so hard to attain. Self restraint, compassion for others and tolerance for those who may disagree yet recognizing that they are to be respected; all life within the flow of the force had a right to choose and feel as they did, yet within themselves, as individuals the Jedi could choose to rise above such childish remarks and arguments for the sake of better conduct, mutual stance and diplomacy. "We all need to stop looking upon one another with such negativity, you both belong to an Order that once maintained the restraint of virtue, a time where the Jedi Code encouraged neutrality among millions of Jedi, all with different views, different backgrounds and upbringing. You are welcome to pursue your own paths, it is your right to disagree yet I would ask you both to remember what it was that made you wish to become a part of the Order to begin with. In service to the Force and to the people of this galaxy, bickering amongst ourselves will do no good. Acknowledge your differences yet respect your peers as they are like you, seeking to attain a path of peace and enlightenment in the force.", he exhaled slowly following his would be intervention, soon turning to look back up towards the temple of Yutan remembering the differences in the Jedi who had remained to attend the conclave that he had brought together so long ago. "If everyone I call upon lacks the ability to show such a level of respect dignified of Jedi, this Temple may end up repeating in its past..." He glanced back to the others, his brows furrowed in disappointment though he gave them all a brief dip of his head in acknowledgement, turning again and continuing to take to the stairs leading up to the temples entrance. "Join me if you wish...-Leave your differences at the door".

Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"], [member="Arisa Yune"]

Ever so slightly, Lynn's jaw dropped at Arisa's words on her own history. Lynn thought hard on it, but was coming back with nothing to validate her claims. Lynn assumed she was thinking of someone else. All Lynn could remember was a fight against a Knight of Ryn on that planet who was trying to kill innocent people. Lynn didn't know if other SJO members were there and what they were doing. She noted that Arisa claimed to know what happened on that planet and Lynn's history, yet she also said she wasn't there and Lynn had never been around Arisa so this would have to be second hand information or rumors. Lynn found it not worth holding what she had heard through rumors about Lynn.

Lynn did know FireMane, but only the company as he Father was an owner, but Lynn had no connections to the dark siders or the Order of Fire. "I apologise Master Yuna, I do not know what you are referring to. If my words of disagreement offend you then I apologise. I have nothing against you or your people. I hold my family still in high regards even if my path has led me here."

As Veiere chimed in, Lynn became a light shade of red. He was right and she knew it. She was young and all the good intentions in the word could not make up for her inexperience. She bowed ever so slightly. "My apologizes Master Arenais, you are correct. Peace means seeking unity even where differences stand. I would love to accompany you through the temple, but may I first indroduce General ZodEl, he is around here....somewhere..."

Lynn squinted her eyes as some men around them simmered into view causing Lynn to jump a little. "General, this is Master Arenais and Master Yuna." She looked at the Padawan for a moment, "I am sorry, what did you say your name was?" The General went to shake the Jedi hands presented, " The General and his men watch over me for my father, but I make them help restore the temple anyways." She grinned widely as they made their way up and Lynn's work was becoming more visible.

Objective: To explore the temple and network with other Jedi for a common goal
Allies: [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Arisa Yune"] [member="Yuroic Xeraic"] [member="Lynn Nantaris"]
(1)
___

As the Star Dancer broke through the cloud cover of the Expansion Region planet, Cambria's golden gaze spotted the Yutani Jedi Temple just ahead. The majestic structure was surrounded by a deep green forest out in the wilds of Yutan far away from any majorly populated areas. It was a perfect spot to train and commune with fellow Jedi. The Twi'lek had grown up at the temple on Coruscant, though the duracrete neighborhood left little opportunity to enjoy nature other than that which was available in the Room of a Thousand Fountains.

The Jedi Guardian banked the A-36 Sleuth and made her approach to the small landing area located about one kilometer from the temple itself. After setting the scout vessel down with well-practiced ease, the Rutian Twi'lek instructed her trusted R9 unit, "Zee-Three", to stay with the ship and proceed with the post-flight check while she checked out the grounds. Cambria knew there were other Silver Jedi that had arrived before her and she would connect up with them after seeking out the Tree of Light that was rumored to be in the gardens somewhere.

conceptart06.jpg

Wearing her modified Jedi robes, the blue-hued Twi'lek's booted feet walked along a path from the landing area though the Force more so was guiding the Jedi Knight to the very spot she was seeking. The fabled tree was similar to the one that had been on the Coruscanti Jedi Temple grounds. The tree itself had seen better days, but the light side of the Force glowed brightly from within. Cambria stopped in front of it and closed her eyes, then took a deep breath in allowing the calm and serenity found in the proximity of the tree wash over her. She blew the breath out, then repeated this until centered in the Force once again.

Kay-Larr

NPC: Einon
Objective: Discovery
Allies: Potentially [member="Veiere Arenais"]
Enemies: None

Einon was going to get to the bottom of this. He knew that. It was all a matter of time. The man was conflicted however. There was a good chance that he'd run into Kay again and he wasn't sure how he felt about that. On the one hand, he'd be glad to see her back to her old self if rumours were true. On the other hand, it could all be a ruse and everyone was getting primed for slaughter. The very idea of Commenor spreading it's reach was unusual and a bit absurd. Kay never would have thought of such a thing earlier.

Moving off to a patio, Einon pulled out a small datapad from his jacket's inner pocket. He leaned against the railing as he turned it on and went through his list of contacts, finding the entry for Veiere. The two used to keep in contact, but the bodyguard kept away as he knew that he was being hunted for a time. And he had no idea of what Veiere's current stance was.

He'll know soon enough.

Einon began his message:

~Veiere,

Long time. Rumours have spread about Kay and Commenor. Expanding it's reach, is it? What's the motive behind it? I figured that you'd know. And can she be trusted after what happened? I can't get it out of my head.

Hit me back as soon as you can.

Einon~

He sent off the message and then put his datapad on hibernate before tucking it back into his coat. He wanted to be able to hear that a message had been sent back to him.

Klesta

The King of Ergonomic Assessments
Objective: Interstellar Getaway
Allies: Commenor

Right now the ergonomic assessments game was proving most troublesome to play: one had to take into account the base price, the group and bulk discounts. Even though the local companies usually set the group discount threshold at 20 assessments, bulk discounts could range into a minimum of well into the hundreds. Also, off-world companies had different mindsets: some applied group discounts for as low as 10, while others asked for at least 1,000 assessments for bulk discounts. Under the rules set forth as applicable to the Interstellar Getaway, it was determined that the most advantageous company allowed for three tiers of discounts, the first level, the basic group discount, being 20% for a minimum of 20 assessments, the second level, the basic bulk discount, being 35% for a minimum of 100 assessments and the third one, the advanced bulk discount, 45% with a minimum of 1,000 assessments, with the base price being 169 credits apiece.

"What about Ergotron LLC, boss?"

"We may even use it on Ziost if we need to"

Viktor leaned back in his seat for a moment as he scanned the other Yutani delegates. After a minute he resumed his normal posture and focused on Kay.

"You offer a promise in writing to each and everyone here in regards to the formation of a Senate. Which at face value is a noble move. Except for the fact that not two minutes earlier you readily admitted to intentionally and purposefully violating your own laws. Specifically in regards to the role you were to take to ensure the recovery and continued prosperity of your people after the death of the Elders. Instead you clearly put your own interests and desires above that of your people."

Viktor paused.

"Actions that suggest you believe yourself above the law. Do you consider yourself above the law your Majesty? Such is a trait common among a very specific group of people. That group being Jedi. A group of people who believe themselves and their own codes superior to the laws of the people. Something the Republic learned only after it was to late to not always be in their best interests."

Viktor took a sip of his water.

"We know the King is a Jedi that much has been made apparent. So the question that must be asked is does the King rule the day to day operations of Commenor and directly influence the things you do? Or is it the much simpler explanation that you yourself are a Jedi and it is your allegiance to the Jedi that clouds your judgement in regards to the application of law and welfare of your people? Are you a Jedi your Majesty?"

Viktor paused.

"Now along that same line of questions. Until a few minutes ago you vehemently refused to discuss the details or reasoning behind your Kidnapping. Yet now you implicate the Hutts and the existence or past existence of bounties on your life as the reason for said kidnapping. My questions there are what reason other than your being a Jedi would the Hutts have any interest in the President of a Planet so far from their borders? As you claim the Hutt Cartel is a shadow of what it used to be and the Republic behind who's authority you acted behind against their interests in no more."

Viktor took a breath.

"What reason would they have to risk travelling so far from what little territory they still hold to come after a former Senator of a dead government? Unless you are scapegoating the Hutts to hide the true culprits? Your Majesty for someone who claims to have so few people with incentives to attack your people the longer these negotiations continue the more potential enemies and threats we learn about. What else are you hiding your Majesty that could be a potential risk or outright threat to the safety and sovereignty of the Yutani people? How many people.......how many groups would potentially come after the Yutani people to strike out at you?"

Kay-Larr

Kay just stared at Viktor while he spoke, her brows furrowed as he twisted the meanings of what she was saying. She didn't want him as an enemy at any time in the future, yet she doubted that they would ever be friends either. When she spoke it was calm, a far cry to what she was feeling inside. "You misunderstand. I didn't violate our laws. My Ministers and I worked around them. It's still legal. We agreed that I could help Commenor more by going back to a Monarchy instead of being hidden away like some secret. Wanting freedom isn't something that I should be condemned for. And no...I'm not above the law. I keep my nose clean."

He brought up [member="Veiere Arenais"] . She had never heard of people speaking ill of him. He is always fair and just, far better than most of the Jedi that she's ever known. Viktor's questioning was starting to tread into subjects that she didn't want to discuss. She was a horrible liar, but at least the words that he chose allowed her to still be able to speak truthfully. "My husband is a Jedi yes, but he is King only through marriage. He isn't a fan of politics and spends most of his time at the Temples teaching. He only helps me on diplomatic ventures when I ask him to..." Veiere used to be her bodyguard and advisor. But that was before her abduction.

Viktor kept on his assumption of her being a Jedi as the only motive behind the Hutts going after her. Kay slowly shook her head. "I am not a Jedi. I'd be a pretty poor one at that. And I didn't implicate the Hutts. I merely offered up a possible reason for my abduction as I'm not leading the investigation myself, I don't have all of the evidence gathered. Some people hold grudges longer than most, and as I said before, some of my memories were lost."

Then he asked even more questions. Some that she had no answers for and others that she didn't want to answer. She just couldn't let herself fall apart. Not now. Not in front of all of them. "I am not threatened anymore. I haven't been for a long time. We have too many allies to make an attack effective. They each have vested interests in us and are tied to our economies. Yutan would not be attacked over anything that I had done. It's just not worth it. We are neutral, truely neutral and in that gives us safety. There hasn't even been any rumours of anyone wanting to act against us or against me. Surely I'd of heard if there were..."

She closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them, looking squarely at Viktor. "I want there to be proper cheques and balances in the Senate so that there is little room for corruption. I want this to work and benefit everyone equally. With your....way that your mind works, you would be perfect to help with the task of writing up the Charter. So...would you?" As much as she would detest working with him, she knew that it would be better if she did, personal reasons aside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom