Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heart of Darkness [Silver Jedi Order - Dominion of Irith]

Lynette Lykova

L
AaEM8rr.png
Admirable Cause
Objective 03. Post 04.

"No."

He leaned forward in his desk chair and put his glasses back on. Going back about his paperwork as if nothing else had happened.

"What do you mean, no?" Lynette stammered. Almost pacing around the room.

Admiral Brak slowly turned his head and looked up at her through his small spectacles. Visibly demurred.

"I mean. No."

Lynette gave a huffed sigh and just took a moment to stare at him. The full contempt of her words shown visibly in every feature. The older man just stared back. Finally relenting into a reply after several seconds,

"Look. Just what exactly do you think is going on down there. Right now. Do you think this is some sort of game?" He pulled off his glasses and rubbed his tired eyes. His tone was almost bored. Remiss that he even had to say it out loud.

She threw up both hands, "I think that we're taking responsibility for a very broken and very conflicted Hutt world. That's what."

"Exactly."

He sighed and leaned back in his chair. Folding his arms with tedium, "And that is why I'm telling you, no, we are not going to authorize a joint-strike initiative against every cartel safe house on the planet, underground, with just an old geographic map, and at the behest of... Who was it again? A group of overthrown cyborg assassins in top hats? Please."

He bladed his eyes and just let that burn sink in before continuing.

"You didn't really think that was anything we could go off, did you?"

Lynette's eyes flashed with pure vitriol. How dare he!

"Excuse me! I've..."

"You've what!?" He interrupted with a jest of his finger, "You've found some great secret. Some, fix-all ingredient that is just going to solve all this planet's problems. Sure. Sure. Let's just take these assassins at their word. Invade the underground tunnels with thousands of troops and then what? Kill every single cartel leader inside the hour? ...Hand the planet back to it's popular government on a silver plate. Was that, your all-inspiring plan Madam Jedi?"

She fumed with disgust and pushed away from his face. Just taking a moment to baffle at his incredulous tone. Nobody speaks to her like that. Not in a Jedi Temple and most certainly not back on her home planet. This was insane.

She tempered her voice just a tone, "Now listen. I've been conducting operations just like this one for years Admiral. The Assembly trusts me to make hard decisions in the field that benefit the whole galaxy. The Force trusts..."

"The Force is what!?" He threw up his hands. Almost inviting her to say something crazy. "Are you telling me that, The Force, wants to dump the whole Silver Navy into a ground war against two, three, maybe a thousand local street gangs? Is that what you are telling me Knight? ...Because, whoa! Don't let me get in the way of, cosmic destiny. Oh boy. Sure wouldn't want that. Why, I'd have to hang my hat up and retire. Because I guess years of experience and, no... Pure common sense! Tell me and every Navy officer in this fleet, that you're idea is crazy. Pure. Bat-kark. Crazy."

He grabbed a pen and threw it across the room. Smack! Slapping it against the far white wall and then sitting back in his chair again. As if to say, "Anything else?"

Lynette was fuming. Her whole grand plan to end this gang war had just gone up in smoke. Worse yet? ...He was totally right. It was a crazy plan. Totally incomprehensible to the masses. Insane on paper and insane on the mind. She almost couldn't believe she had come all the way here just to pitch it to the brass. Damn it all. ...Damn it.

So she just straightened her jacket and bit her tongue. Taking a good long moment to compose herself. When the Admiral noticed she was finally done. That she wasn't going to reply in the slightest. He relented.

"Sit down Knight."

She refused.

"Or don't. ...Look. I get it. We all, get it."

He braided his fingers and leaned forward. His tone softer now. Teaching.

"You were taught from a young age to fix all the galaxies problems yourself. Doing the impossible on a gut feeling of space magic and with the impossible authority to act for entire nation's and galactic factions. Alone. With the whole of the galaxy of your shoulders. Armed with nothing but a laser sword."

He threw up his hands in defeat. As if he could have ended this whole conversation right then and there. But he didn't. He continued,

"So I get what this must look like to you. You think I'm defeating a whole planet just by not acting. Well. I'm sorry to say. Life's just not that easy. ...And we are acting. [member="Veiere Arenais"] himself is down there. On the planet's surface. Right now. Doing exactly what this government expects any good Ambassador to do. ...Play politics. To take responsibility and to "not" take responsibility. To make tomorrow make just a little bit more sense than today. That's it. That's all. That's, ...The job Knight. One day at a time."

He moved his chair away from his desk and reseated himself. Crossing his legs and taking off his glasses again. Lynette stood at the end of his desk. Motionless like a gargoyle.

"And you know what else Knight. Right now. This very moment. Your friends are risking their lives down on the surface fighting this dumb gang war. Saving innocent lives. Just for the promise that maybe. Just maybe. It will change something. ...Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe, not a single one of those people down there will give a care in the whole world. But I'll tell you right now Knight. They're not standing alone in my office asking the whole of the Navy to besiege this giant gods-forsaken planet. That's just you."

Lynette could almost not contain herself. She had boiled and she was boiling. Yet, the inner Jedi remained. She simply stared back at him. Again.

He didn't care in the slightest. Even if she could just reach out, stab him in the mind, and levitate him into the air or send his soul straight down to Hel. Because that was the job. That's what the Navy did sometimes. Tell the Jedi Pontiffs and their magical ideas to go suck it.

"So no Knight. The answer is just, no. We're not going to invade this planet's tunnel network. We're not going to blow up every cartel hideout in one night. And no. We're not going to ally ourselves with a misfit gang of murdering cyborgs just so you can say you "saved the planet. Once and for all.' "

Then he shrugged. Put back on his glasses. Pulled his chair back up to desk. And just, waved her away.

"Good day Knight. Captain Briggs is on the bridge. Speak to him to coordinate the relief efforts for your new found machine-friends. Because it's gonna be a long war Knight. They're gonna need it."

Lynette's eyes were yellow, like fire. Burning with righteous indignation. Unable to comprehend just how badly she had messed this whole interview up. Yet, she knew. He was right. She couldn't just save a whole planet in a day. Wipe out every man with just a wave of her sword. Or, use an old map to clean house and kill every cartel leader on Irith either. She was done. Mission, failed.

"Of course Admiral."

She bowed with restraint. Then took her leave. Letting the white door slide close behind her.

Admiral Brakk watched the door close from just above the rim of glasses. Sighing deeply as the Space Magi took her leave. Rubbing his tired eyes again before turning to new reports of ship building and cadet recruiting ideas. Reports that came to him from almost half the civilized worlds in Silver Space. Thinking to himself, "Ya know. Nobody in this job ever tells you "thank you" until the parades." He sighed and nodded again softly to himself. Mmm.

Maybe he'd plan a parade on his lunch break. Maybe.

Objective: 1
Post 3
Tags: [member="Setter Ryburn"] | [member="Ura Iolar"]

Sigyn followed Close by Setter as they entered after Ura gave the signal, just as he wanted. The men under Setter's command were merciless, killing anyone they saw. She could feel their Deaths in the force, though only slightly. She wasn't well enough trained to feel it more intens.

"Right... will do, Sir," she replied to Setter. She didn't know how she could be better at the detective work than him, or the others on their team. But she had learnt not to question an order like that. So she stayed there and opened the crates the spice was transported in. She took some on her finger, and smelled it. Certainly smelled like something bad, though she didn't know what it was supposed to smell like.

Then she moved over to the speeder, and checked it. Not much to be found that could give Clues. It didn't say where it had travelled from. She tried to feel around if there could be something hidden on it. And there was. Under the seat, she found a datapad, which they had obviously tried to hide. She picked it up, and activated it.

But right as she did, she felt someone approach from behind. And this one was certainly not friendly. Without thinking, she drew her spear, turned around and thrust it into the mans guts. He let out a small shriek, bropped the knife he had been holding to maul into her head, and fell to the ground. Sigyn pulled her spear back to herself, and took some fabric from the dead man's clothes to wipe of the blood from her spear. Then she walked over to Setter. "Sir, I found this datapad on the speeder the spice came With. I think it says something you'll want to see," She handed to datapad to him. "Oh, by the way, you forgot one of guards here. He's dead now." With that, she turned to look for more Clues, if there were anymore.

Locations: Irith

Objective: 3: Stop the gang war...would cake work?

Tagging: [member="Amon Vizsla"] | [member="Nolo Kontra"] | [member="Masaru Varga"] | [member="Ador Horn"]

xwaVi2.png
Asaraa knew that she could walk through the crowd using her telekinesis to pull the weapons out of the hands of the rioters, because well that's what she was actually doing now, the stolen weapons falling into a pile at her feet, her senses delving out into the crowd, slowly locating more and weapons to add to her little stash. Maybe she could get someone to melt them down into a statue, or something more useful. Something she could use to help the people of hte city who had been so aggrieved by the gangs and their continuous warfare. It frustrated the young Jedi that she couldn't think of a better way to treat the situation, a better way to stop the fight than going after the individual fighters, a few at a time. Maybe if she was more skilled with battle meditation she could have used that, taken away the crowd's desire to fight, or leave them so scared of the Jedi that they wanted to run home. Only...forcing fear on them didn't seem very Jedi-like, it seemed more like something a Sith would do, the very thing she was terrified of becoming. Still, at least hte crowd was responding the way she wanted the to to, scrambling away as she plucked their tools of their trade away from them.

It was a...tricky problem to handle, a thin line to walk. The girl's hands slowed just a little as she considered it, trying to work her way through the problem. If she didn't use fear maybe she could work by evening out their heightened emotions. If they were calmer then they wouldn't want to fight right? It was worth a shot right.

The next pair of combatants she came across, well she tried something different there, instead of tearing their weapons away from them, instead of scaring them into fleeing she wrapped them in tendrils of hte force, calming them down and letting them stumble away as she turned her attention to the rest of the crowd. Only...she didn't count on the fact that they could realise what had happened, that the calmness would only last for as long as she kept her attention on them. So the rock that came sailing out of the sky took her entirely by surprise, the stars filling her vision, and the warm blood trickling down the side of her face. She didn't quite understand what was happening, one hand coming up to brush back her hair in a practised motion, her fingertips coming away sticky with blood. She didn't even notice the small crowd of rioters who had turned their attention at the vulnerable Jedi.

Ura slowly made her way into the building, flinching when she saw and felt to guard that "spotted" her lose his life. Something felt... wrong about it, but she had to try and help. The Lervon slipped in through vents until she noticed a room with some computers in it. She quietly slid in until she heard a voice.

"What the...?" He did get time to say much else as the sand that was Ura wrapped his face completely. She held up this hold until he stopped moving, but was still breathing. Yes, [member="Setter Ryburn"] said to kill them all, but Ura figured he may know something. Maybe even something that wasn't on the computers? She quickly went over to copy everything to a nearby datapad, but it was all gone. Full wipe. Ok. Sleepy there was now her best bet at finding anything. She checked the datapad, or tried to. Dang organics! The pad couldn't tell it was being used by her. Either way, she took the pad and engulfed the man before sliding to where Setter and [member="Sigyn Vanir"] where. She then reformed into her humanoid form before handing over the pad, speaking in her monotone voice, but clearly annoyed in the Force.

"Here's this stupid thing. Why is there so much tech my kind can't interact with. Also, while you said kill everyone, this one wiped some computers. I assumed he may know something."

Objective 2
Post 2
Allies [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Rose Decoria"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

She was not one to speak up until she had heard all sides of an argument. In listening to the questions and answers from Rose, Jessica and Veiere, she had a very good idea what they needed to do.

Their ship landed and they were met by a man named Dyos. Jairdain had a great amount of confidence they would be able to accomplish their goal here today.

At heart, she was a consular, diplomat and advisor. This is exactly what she wanted to do when she joined the Jedi as a teen. Picking up on the unrest of Rose, she attempted to comfort her slightly through the Force. As an empath, she could pick up on the emotions of others and sometimes give them support. It wasn't anything much, but it might help make the other woman feel a little at ease.

Jessica mentioned potential corruption within law enforcement and she couldn't help but shrug a little. Veiere said exactly what she was thinking. Maybe it was because they had worked together for so long or they thought so much alike. Either way, there wasn't much she could say or do at the moment.

"Who are we going to be meeting with and speaking to today?"

Objective: 3: Stop Gang War
Tags: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Masaru Varga"] [member="Ador Horn"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGDPabwgQxc​

Amon's energy shields flared when they met some rioters' blaster fire before he hacked them down with the blunt side knocking them unconscious before unnecessarily slamming the hilt of his sword at their nose cracking it. Violence was something synonymous to Mandalorian and so was impatience. He was growing tired of abiding to these set of principles making his life harder.

Dreadful information scurried through his HUD's feedback alarming him of a crowd of rioters moving in fast at Vaashe.

Tck.

For whatever the hell reason Amon decided to move hastily towards her reaching her slightly before the group of criminals. The blood streaking down her face was quite noticeable. Coming up from behind her, the Mandalorian spoke:

"Concentrate." He ordered coldly shoving her slightly and pointing at the upcoming crowd of lowlives and scum heading their way. "You get starstruck by every drop of blood you see - you're gonna end up drowning in your own blood someday."

"Get your shebs together and let's deal with these scum."

Objective Three
Razor Team Actual
Silver Jedi Special Forces
Antarian Rangers
Allies: [member="Ura Iolar"] l [member="Sigyn Vanir"]

Setter took the datapad, nodding at the two Jedi that helped him. They were alright- but they'd be better if they had a bit more of a stomach. Setter took the datapad- but didn't bother touching it or activating it. He'd let smarter people handle that- after all, no telling what they did to it to prevent unwanted eyes from getting to it. They weren't stupid when it came to their money- or at least, the people in charge of them weren't. They probably had a program to wipe it they entered anything in wrong.

The Silvers had to have some nerdy people lying around to deal with that crap. Setter placed it into his back, looking around, before speaking quietly to one of the Razor team members. They went off to go 'extract' information from the man that Ura found.

They would start with his fingers and work their way up- but he'd live. Setter was okay with one being left alive.

"Good work you two."

He turned his comm unit back on, after having hung up on [member="Josh Dragonsflame"] earlier, and tuned it to the Silver Jedi open comm network, instead of the local network he'd been talking on.

"Any station, any station- this is Razor actual. Spice shipment secured, one human male captured, datapad captured. I say again, spice shipment is secure, we are green on all counts. No Silver or Razor casualties. Standing by for additional tasking."

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] l [member="Amon Vizsla"] l [member="Lynette Lykova"] l [member="Jairdain"] l (I dunno Silver leadership)

Objective: 3
Allies: [member="Alexandra Porte"] / Open

Just as Alexandra had spoke of everything being okay and then retracting her statement Kahne glanced back as he noted those coming from the back and then there were those come from the front. The Jedi let out a small seemingly exhausted sigh as he ignited his lightsaber. Was he tired? No, but it was just the mission parameters that were a hassle. While did these guys deserved to be more than just pacified, yes. The harm they were doing to the innocents was cause enough. However they had to do things as peacefully as possible.

"Three front, three back!" Kahne directed as blaster fire began to fire on either direction. "Move to the left and hit the ground, now!" Kahne said to the civilians as he edged them against the wall and to hit the ground. Kahne moving his lightsaber back and forth as he then pivoted his body and twirled his lightsaber around to deflect the large number of blaster bolts coming his way. Upon planting his left foot forward, the Jedi sent his hand forward and sent a force push towards those in front of him. The strong push was enough to knock those back several feet or knock them back up against the alleyway side wall.

"We are moving forward. Captain move your men to the front and take point." The Jedi declared as he moved back to assist Alexandra.

The Jedi tapped his comlink as he was connected to the other team who had landed. "This is Kahne Porte to any Jedi ground side, status check?" Kahne inquired, that way a rendezvous in the near future could be done.

[member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Amon Vizsla"]

Lynette Lykova

L
AaEM8rr.png
Assassin's Creed
Objective 03. Post 05. Exit.

Three male cyborgs stood in the Hanger Bay of the Star Defender. To their left was the Supply Captain and to their right was a Medical Officer. Jedi Knight Gabriel Noon sat on the ammo crates nearby as Lynette approached from the elevator.

"So? Any luck." The tall dusty Gabriel stood with a stretch of his lanky arms.

"I'm afraid not." Lynette sighed.

The three cyborgs turned with noteworthy surprise on their half-metal faces. Somewhat confounded at the news. Lynette dismissed the Navy officers so the Jedi and the Kolgata Irai captains could speak in private. Surrounded by the hammering and hurried maintenance of the hanger.

"And, what of our plan of attack?" The lead cyborg gestured.

Lynette could only frown, "The Silvers have offered supplies, shelters, and aid for your beleaguered people. Anything you need to relocate and resettle. However. The plan to strike back at the cartels was denied. Our military leaders have deemed the plan too... Mmm. Complicated. I suppose that's the way I'll put it."

The three cyborgs exchanges worried glances. It was obvious they hadn't expected this.

"Now now. Don't sweat it guys." Knight Noon gestured openly with his hands, "That's just military speak for "The timing's off". Really. I'm sure they'll come around eventually. Ya know. Probably."

He smiled and shrugged. Obviously more interested in cracking jokes than resolving the situation on the ground. Lynette frowned at his comment and bladed her eyes accordingly,

"What my companion means to say is..."

One of the cyborgs cut her off,

"We're leaving then."

"Oh?" Lynette almost jumped. Now this time, she was the one who hadn't expected that. "And. Just where are you going?"

The three males nodded in agreement as Gabriel crossed his arms in astonishment.

"We're going back to the city. But... We'll gladly take any help you can offer. Truly. Never before did we believe that it would be the Jedi who would come to save us. The Gods honor us greatly. As do you."

The three men bowed deeply. Removing their top hats and causing poor Gabriel to shrug lavishly. Lynette was feeling more surprised than graciously honored however.

"I am sorry if this change of pace wasn't to your satisfaction. But honestly. The situation on the ground is changing rapidly. Even as we speak. Surely the Kolgata Irai can wait..."

"No."

They spoke in unison. Very matter of fact'ly.

"I see." Lynette turned to eye Gabriel. Again, he could only shrug. "...Well. Then I suppose you've made up your mind. I'll work with Captain Travis to see that supplies and medical aid are delivered to the city. The radiation will slow us down a bit but, I know we can manage a timely delivery over the next few weeks."

Gabriel folded his arms once more, "And what about you boys? What will you do now?"

The three metal men nodded, "We'll begin repairs to the reactor. With parts donated by your Navy? We'll be able to get many of the old mech bays cleaned, flushed, and operational again. With that? The first step in our resurgence can begin in earnest. The Dragon will rise again."

With that. The three gentlemen brushed aside any more questions and bowed, eager to take their leave. As they walked away leaning on their black canes, Lynette couldn't help but wonder if they were making the right choice. Her companion seemed to voice the same opinion too,

"So. I guess we're resurrecting the old cyborg assassin gang huh? Heh. Funny. ...Never thought I'd see the Silver Jedi give a second chance to a gang of professional killers. Boy. How the times, they are a' changing."

Lynette sighed deeply and nodded in kind,

"I know what you mean. But. We'll have the Shadows watch them. I have no doubt that, given enough time, and with the space to heal. Perhaps the Irai warriors will settle down and pick up the hammer. Instead of the sword."

Gabriel shrugged and brushed off his robes.

"Bah. Maybe. Who knows. ...Anyway. Glad to help. I'll escort those three back down to the supply depot in Tamer with the Rangers. Make sure they don't cause too much trouble. Ha."

"Great. Thanks. I'm sure they'll behave. Assassins they may be but, well? I don't think they've seen much action in the past few years. They are literally, too rusty to do anything about it."

Ha. He laughed at the thought. Rusty cyborgs. Funny. What a terrible Jedi Joke.

"Okay." He gestured towards the shuttles, "I'll catch up with you later Lynn. Good luck with the medical drop offs and such. Force be with you."

"And with you Gab." She smiled and waved the robed man away. Watching slowly as the whole party boarded the shuttles. Aiming to return to the troubled planet and find a new beginning.

Lynette crossed her fingers that the old cyborg assassins would throw away their plans for revenge and start anew. But. If experience had taught her anything. It was that the more things change in Hutt Space. Well,

"...The more they stay the same. Mm."

She pursed her lips and kicked the dust across floor. Resolute and completely certain that, even after all that adventuring; she probably hadn't changed a gosh-darn thing at all.

Locations: Irith

Objective: 3: Stop the gang war...would cake work?

Tagging: [member="Amon Vizsla"] | [member="Nolo Kontra"] | [member="Masaru Varga"] | [member="Ador Horn"] | [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

xwaVi2.png

There was a curious ringing sound in her ears as Asaraa felt someone touch her arm, pushing her towards the rioters, spinning her ever so slightly as Amon's face hove into view. The force felt rough and sluggish as she stretched out to the energy field that normally came so easily to her. It remained tantalisingly out of touch for a long heartbeat, a drop of sweat rolling down her back as the girl's brow furrowed in consternation, in worry. She'd never had to struggle before, the force normally just...as her thoughts took a a turn towards panic and fear she felt something, the slightest trickle of energy that seemed to diffuse throughout her entire being. It was a comforting warmth, a sense of belonging and rightness, a sense of returning to normal. Asaraa could feet the ringing in her ears, the cotton wool in her head melting beneath the deluge as a sigh of relief slipped from her lips.

It had only been a heartbeat, the barest of moments in reality but it had felt like forever, like an eternity of struggling to touch that energy field that surrounded them all. It had been an eternity that Asaraa hoped to never have to face again. She sucked in a rattled breath, one hand clenching at her side as the other reached up to wipe the blood dripping into her eyes away, her blue-eyed gaze settling on Amon, on the crowd of rioters surging up past his shoulder. She could feel the anger boiling off them, the sheer mindless hatred. They just wanted to hit something, even if she took away their weapons it seemed they'd use anything to hand, a stone, a sign even their hands. "Why? I took away their weapons, they should have just gone home." The girl's eyes flicked to a blood-smeared stone lying nearby as her fingertips dug into her palms, the rock floating up into the air, to hang next to her head, joined by a small cloud of detritus that seemed to thrum to life around her.

The Jedi knew that anger was supposed to be something they moved past, understanding was supposed to be what they sought but...she didn't understand, not really. Across the plaza the Silver Jedi forces were starting to turn the tide, force back the rioters but they just kept coming. Was their pride, the surety they were right. She could respect people who were willing to die for what they believed in, but this wasn't even their war, they were just foot soldiers for their masters who weren't even on the battlefield, who weren't here to get their bone broken, to spill their blood and see their friends die. The leaders who they were fighting for were probably sitting back there in their houses and clubs, watching and laughing as their men slammed into one another like waves. It was depressing, almost dispiriting, they were so wrapped up in their feud that...well she was putting her own ideas onto the situation again wasn't she...and that had already gotten her into trouble today. "Let's convince them that they really didn't wanna be here," she agreed, sweeping her hand forward to send the stone floating in the air around her surging towards the rioters, bouncing over hte ground like stones skipping on a pond as they met hte charge at foot level...a very vulnerable foot level.

Objective 2: Represent the Silver Jedi Order.
Diplomatic Envoy: [member="Rose Decoria"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] & [member="Jairdain"].
Er6tw3E.png
"Representatives of the 'People's Union', Lady Jedi" The government official, Dyos replied to [member="Jairdain"]'s query, going further to explain their position and what was to be expected ahead of them. "This union was formed by the common folk who feel they have been unfairly treated, I suppose they would put it", he didn't sound all too sympathetic about it either; "Their recent complaints have suggested a demand for better conditions of labor, and they have even had the gall to claim that our, very fairly priced taxation of goods and services, is too high".

Veiere glanced back to the three accompanying him and the Official as they continued to make their way to the grand hall where their meeting would take place, the entrance just up ahead. He didn't speak, though the look of skepticism that he portrayed to the others would do well enough to hint his mistrust of Dyos' words and whether they were particularly genuine or not.

"Alas, the people have resorted to violence and as such, you have heard of the riots no doubt" Dyos' added, offering a wave to the two security officers that stood at the entrance. The pair of them soon standing aside and opening the doors for the Jedi and their guide to enter into the large round room. Before them were several tables lined all in a row down the center of the hall. To one side of the tables, the representatives of the Union, and upon the other were those of government and law.

Seats had been reserved for the Jedi upon the side of the representatives of government, however Veiere didn't necessarily like what such a sight might leave the civilian group to assume their immediate bias and support of the officials. Instead, Veiere gestured to the other side, hoping that two of his companions would follow in his line of thought and balance out their numbers for both groups to feel appeased.

"Please excuse our late arrival" Veiere offered them all a bow of his head before moving to seat himself. He hadn't realized they'd be the last to arrive, though manners were everything in such times.

"Thank you for joining us, Masters Jedi" one of the Union spokemen offered in greeting, though waiting none to proceed with the meeting; "No doubt you've been informed of the questionable regard in which the people are living under. Conditions of proverty and the aggression of our would-be protectors...". Veiere's attention briefly turned to look across to [member="Jessica Med-Beq"], lifting his head in a half nod of acknowledgement for her former suggestion. "We're hoping that you'll be of help to us, in speaking some sense into those whom appear to be above the laws cast upon the rest of Irith and her people".

Objective: 3: Stop Gang War

Tags: [member="Asaraa Vaashe"] [member="Masaru Varga"] [member="Ador Horn"] [member="Josh Dragonsflame"]

"There's a lot to learn outside of the confines of your temples, Jetii." Amon stated tonelessly still gazing into the eyes of the pink haired Jedi. She was slowly getting her wits about her for which the Mandalorian was glad.

He was never one for babysitting.

"Let's convince them that they really didn't wanna be here,"

A flash of a slight smirk crossed the usually stone cold face of the Mandalorian before he curtly nodded.

"Just what I needed to hear."

Without saying a word anymore, the Vizsla dashed at the rioters as stones flew beside him courtesy of Asaraa's space magic.

Today the Silvers would prove that only with pure conviction in their ideals, they could come out victorious.

Something Amon found quite quite interesting.

Perhaps a lesson.

He kept the sharp blade of his beskad away from the rioters committing his fight with the blunt side.

**End

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Objective: 3 Help civilians get out of harms way
Allies: SJO
w/ [member="Kahne Porte"]
____

And as quickly as it started, the assault on them in the alley stopped. It was quite the relief too. The civilians had been caught in the crossfire, but they had been lucky no one was hurt. Well, the Force had been with them obviously.

Even though her danger sense had stopped flaring, Alexandra kept her lightsaber blade ignited for a few more moments, then extinguished it and attached the hilt back onto her utility belt. Brandy brown orbs gazed over to her husband as he had joined her after ordering the Alliance guards to take point while the group moved out again hopefully to safety this time without any more incidents.

"Well, that was quite fun... I'm sure glad I took that extra practice with the remotes. Kinda came in handy, wouldn't you say?" the brunette grinned at the Jedi Master as they began to bring up the rear together.

Allies: [member="Alexandra Porte"] / Open

After the rabble in the area cleared away. The Jedi's blue blade retreated into the hilt as he took a deep breath and gave a reassuring look to the family that was in their care. They weren't that much further away now, as they neared the local garrison for the security and police force that had set up a check point and another means for a makeshift base. Kahne turned to Alexandra as he smiled at her and nodded his head.

"You did a good job, your training is really showing. And that's a good thing." The Jedi Master winked her way before glanced back to their party as it was ushered through the checkpoint and a small wave of relief washed over him, more so for the family they escorted. They were safe, as safe as they could be.

"We aren't out of the woods yet. We still have allies out there, I sense some of them might be in trouble." Kahne said just above a whisper as he glanced to his company and Alexandra.

Hope is the elixir of life. (semi-retired)
Allies: SJO
w/[member="Kahne Porte"]
___

Reaching the secure check point was a relief. Alexandra didn't know how much further the civilian group could be mustered through the back alleys at the pace they were pushing them. At least now, the family the Porte's had rescued from the middle of the ensuing gang war could rest easy and were safe for the most part. Time would only tell if and when the people of Irith could live in peace. Hopefully soon with the aid of the Silver Jedi and allies to quell the unrest between the gangs.

"Why thank you, Master... You have been a great teacher and Jedi mentor since I started my training under your tutelage," Alex quipped lightly though with an appreciative nod as she really did mean it.

Kahne had that look about him... The Jedi Master was ever vigilant in searching out for distressing situations and helping where he could.

"Well, if we are needed elsewhere, by all means lead the way," the Taanabian replied to her husband in an equally soft voice.

Rose Decoria

R
The meeting was going to be an interesting one, Rose could tell. She was always not a fan of the imperialist that they were talking with, it was clear that these people looked down at others and thought them lesser than themselves. Rose despised people acting like that, she always found herself humbled by the variety of people she met, not just on Eshan but around the galaxy. She followed Veiere into the main room and looked around. There was unionist and imperialist, seeing the nod, Rose moved and sat with the unionists. She wasn't a Master Jedi or very well known, she was new to the SJO's diplomacy organisation so she didn't think the imperialists would feel too snubbed by her actions.

Listening to the unionist representative, Rose nodded her head patiently as she took in what was said. It was only fair for people to want and need basic rights and to feel that they were being fairly treated. However, Rose did find herself thinking of several issues with the way things were. "Why have your protests turned violent and into riots, sir? I just find it hard to think that this is doing the innocent civilians you wish to help any good, what pushed you to violence?" Rose smoothed her dress as she looked at them, she spoke in a soft voice, showing she didn't condemn their actions but rather wished to understand their motivations better.

[member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Jairdain"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

Objective 2: Represent the Silver Jedi Order.
Diplomatic Envoy: [member="Rose Decoria"], [member="Jessica Med-Beq"] & [member="Jairdain"].
Er6tw3E.png
The spokesman for the Peoples Union turned to address [member="Rose Decoria"] as she inquired as to why the violence had broken out over the negotiations between the civilians and the government of Irith. Veiere felt it was a question that also needed to be put out in the open, as difficult as it might be for the Union to be challenged in such a way, it could reveal motives of either party in how they might respond when put under pressure. The Jedi Envoy had to tread carefully however, as they weren't there to remove anyone of authority, but rather help mediate and resolve any underlying issues that had led to the recent riots.

"We can not be held responsible for the peoples anger, Master Jedi" Lorn Jager responded, his tone short as though he had been insulted. "We brought this union together in order to give the people a voice, but when negotiations proved to be inadequate, frustrations boiled over. None of us are Officers of the Law, we're citizens the same as they are. We're not trained to keep Order".

"You're certainly quick to pass the blame however" Dyos Raav cut him off, his own frustration coming through with little regard for how he presented his dispute. "Abuse of power this! Police brutality that! Your Union has countered every offer we have made, and when all chaos breaks out, you complain when we're forced to take action in order to silence the riots out there. What do you expect us to do, let them kill each other? We have enough criminality in this sector alone to contend with!".

Lead Government Representative: Dyos Raav ("Speech").
Lead Civilian Representative: Lorn Jager ("Speech").

Objective 2
Post 3
Allies [member="Veiere Arenais"] [member="Rose Decoria"] [member="Jessica Med-Beq"]

She listened to the answer given to her by Dyos and nodded. This kind of complaint seemed to be rather normal and another question came to mind. Waiting until he finished, it gave the others a chance to also voice their questions. As they walked and talked, Jairdain picked up on the feeling of mistrust from Veiere and agreed with it to a degree.

Like the neutral party they were supposed to be, she took a seat between both parties. Even if she could not visually see how things were arranged for them, through the Force she did and could tell what the government had intended here. Following the idea her friend had, she sat down and held her question.

Her attention was taken by one of the Union people and she so very much wanted to direct that held question to him. Coming from her would be an sense that she was open to conversation that would be entirely unbiased and totally neutral. A desire to understand what was going on further than what she already knew.

Rose asked her question and her attention to the answer of Lorn. Her brows furrowed and she shook her head. From the way it sounded, the Union were representatives of the common people and they weren't able to accomplish what they wanted. While it was true they weren't officers of the law, if the people really wanted to negotiate, they would have allowed the talks to continue.

Blame and finger pointing soon came and Jairdain stood up, "what is it the people want improved? What are their current conditions? What we have here are two groups arguing. We don't have some required information for us to use to base any sort of conversation on. Provide the Jedi here with something solid to work with, please." There was no pleading in her tone.

Turning her attention to the Union speaker, she motioned to him, "what are the conditions the people you speak for living in?"

Objective 2:
Allies: [member="Jairdain"] [member="Rose Decoria"] [member="Veiere Arenais"]

"Jair, my colleague, has a point here: you gave us very little information about what the underlying griefs are. With that said, I have a few questions regarding what the people want improved. Do the people suspect corruption among the government or law enforcement? If so, how strongly?"

Jessica knew the Silvers couldn't conduct a corruption probe without it being a legitimate complaint of the population. But, if the populace suspected that corruption was part of the game, and the populace asked for it, perhaps there is a way to get a corruption probe underway. Maybe tax reform would be a good compromise if the tax regulations are too complex to follow and the tax code's complexity made its administration expensive and/or ineffective, but the situation is not quite the same as on Chandaar, she thought, realizing that this sort of issues is often overlooked by Jedi. Yet, she feels that maybe some people feel tax rates are too high if the regulations are too complex or unevenly enforced if they weren't. Then again, as with corruption, she couldn't push for that sort of stuff either until its legitimacy as a grief has been established. But, for now, she feels that she is sitting in on a finger-pointing session. Police brutality? It was not time to address the issue of inadequate law enforcement training here.

"Also, since I overheard taxation-related griefs earlier, may I ask if the population feel the tax system is too complex?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom