Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Haven't you got eyes in your head?

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
@[member="Yusan Fenn"]

Kira held her finger to her lips, in an attempt for her companion to remain quiet. While she couldn't step into the chamber... Kira could use the technique's she'd been learning with Theran Force listening to try and hear what they were saying.

She had the luck that she was relatively nearby to make it easier, but as she had just recently begun her studies in it, a few words were hard to hear and understand.

None the less, she managed to get the gist of it. Tone had an ability to fill in what words she'd missed. Considering the most recent talk with the council about this very same issue... Kira was ALLL ears!

Josh took his seat and allowed Aleidis to speak. Of course, it wasn't long before a sigh escaped his lips. This again.

He called bull on Aleidis loving the Republic, after what he had seen on O'Reen, and the tone she'd taken on him when she'd entered. This was not a positive meeting, he knew this. But he wasn't going to tell her off, or chatsize her for betraying them, that one inch of love he had left for her told him to just inform her.

He closed his eyes as he listened, and mid-way in, he reached out to her in the Force as she was talking about stopping the warmongering and the land grabbing, trying to talk to her telepathicly. Finally, a familiar consciences immersed with hers, one warm, loving, yet traces of hurt and heartbreak traced his emotions as the minds met. He didn't care if she knew how he felt though, he knew it likely didn't make one inch of difference to Ijet anymore. And with that, he didn't hesitate. He didn't stop and get comfortable with the connection, one he'd missed, instead business needed to be done.

"Hey... Sweetheart" rang in her head. "I hate to interrupt you, it's why I'm doing this mentally so I don't have to. But we've been discussing this since O'Reen. We've talked to the Chancellor, we've talked to the Republic, we've talked amongst ourselves. The "warmongering" has stopped, there won't be any declared without a necessity, such as the Sith war, which was a necessity as much as I hate to admit.. Sadly, people don't seem to have gotten the memo, and continue to bring talks such as this as if we'd just declared war on everybody and razed your homes and soiled your crops. As for the land grab, I know there's a plan for that to end once our current missions on certain planets have ended, if that brings any comfort. You go ahead and say what you have to. I'll let the rest of the Council say their piece"

And with that, he cut their connection. He continued to listen to her fillibuster without a word, and once she finished, he allowed the other members of the Council to have their say.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Rianna Organa"] @[member="Daella Apparine"]

As soon as @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] began to talk, Daella's eyes slowly drifted to the right. Her posture relaxed. She remained that way halfway through Aleidis's speech. The moment Aleidis issued her warning though, Daella's head and eyes snapped back to the woman.

After Aleidis finished speaking, Daella turned her head to @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]. Yet, the Councilor did not appear to speak. Daella turned her holographic head to the other side of the Council with a raised eyebrow. No one appeared to speak.

Then, Daella turned back to Aleidis. In a manner similar to how Grand Master @[member="Selena Halcyon"] addressed similar words, Daella asked, "Can you give the Council an example of the Republic or Jedi's unacceptable behavior?"

Izo takes the datapad from the Custom Clerk and quickly signed the line with his finger as it glides across touch screen. After words, the rugged Kiffar hands the datapad back. A faint sigh came from Izo in response to the Clerk telling him that it will take several hours before the materials would be unloaded from his ship. “Fine..just buzz me when you’re done.” Serrin said with a faint sound of disappointment in his deep voice. He knew very little of the Jedi and didn’t feel comfortable around them which made this place not somewhere he would prefer to be stuck at.

After several minutes of pondering what he should do in attempt to burn time, Izo slides his hands into the outer side pockets of his aged tan duster jacket and started to wonder in a random direction. A few padawans glanced his way as he headed down the hallway in a opposite direction. It was quite humorous to anyone who would take note how much he stuck out like a sore thumb when compared to the neatly polished image of the Jedi Temple and Coruscant in general.

The sudden sound of hissing lightsabers cause the Kiffar freelancer to stop suddenly and turn to peak between cracked doors silently.

Aleidis Zrgaat

Young soul from an older generation.
@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Aleidis narrowed her eyes, her head darting towards Joshua as he spoke. In an instant, her considerable mental defenses went up - she'd come in with them down, to be polite, but that courtesy had been taken advantage of and would no longer be extended. "With all due respect, Master Dragonsflame, if I'd intended to have a private conversation with you, I would have done so over holovid." The Ghostling replied curtly, impatiently. How rude someone must be, to just try and speak into your mind without permission. From this point forward, her mind was an iron fortress, defended by the will of a Master specialized in doing exactly this sort of thing. "For the sake of being polite to the remainder of the Council..."

Aleidis gestured to her right, where a shimmering representation of Joshua - formed by the White Current - came into being beside her. The illusion wasn't perfect, but it didn't have to be. The illusion spoke with his voice, reciting his message... save for the endearment that began it. After all, she didn't want to embarrass him by giving the Council the idea that his vision was clouded by their past.

Joshua DragonsFlame said:
"I hate to interrupt you, it's why I'm doing this mentally so I don't have to. But we've been discussing this since O'Reen. We've talked to the Chancellor, we've talked to the Republic, we've talked amongst ourselves. The "warmongering" has stopped, there won't be any declared without a necessity, such as the Sith war, which was a necessity as much as I hate to admit.. Sadly, people don't seem to have gotten the memo, and continue to bring talks such as this as if we'd just declared war on everybody and razed your homes and soiled your crops. As for the land grab, I know there's a plan for that to end once our current missions on certain planets have ended, if that brings any comfort. You go ahead and say what you have to. I'll let the rest of the Council say their piece"
It's missive finished, the illusion faded away like smoke. "If I've misrepresented your words at all, Master Dragonsflame, feel free to speak up and correct them." Aleidis invited flatly. "This is the Jedi Council - not a tweenage classroom. Furtively passing notes under the table is beneath the decorum I'd expect from a Jedi Councilor."

"Master Dragonflame's assurances that decisions have been made and talks have been had do little to sway my opinion." Aleidis explained, slipping her hands behind her back again as she addressed the rest of the Council in turn. "I'm sure you have talked it over, and I'm sure you're all sick to death of heating about how horrible people think you are. Mayhap there's a nugget of truth in there, maybe there isn't. But your talks, and your exasperation won't comfort the dead on O'Reen. They will not bring peace to Metalorn. The people napalmed on Tund rest no easier because you've been inconvenienced by people who think you've not only abandoned your duties, but perverted them entirely and become a farce of what a Jedi aught to be!"

"No, Joshua - I didn't 'get the memo' that the Republic decided to calm the heck down, and it wouldn't have changed this visit a whit if I had. I am not here to negotiate or hear justifications, I am here to do what I have done for years, now: writing a wrong that aught to have never occurred." Aleidis promised intently. "When I left the Republic - or was fired, whichever you prefer - I'd managed to organize Galactic peace. Tenuous peace, peace which required a great deal of upkeep, but peace nonetheless. I sacrificed my career, my aspirations, my health - I sacrificed every plan I'd made for my life, without hesitation, because it was for the good of the Republic."

"And I hadn't been gone half a year before you yahoos got your blood up and messed it up!" Aleidis accused heatedly. "Did you send any diplomats or mediators to the Sith Empire before you made invasion plans and sent the already frail organization into a complete tailspin? You attacked an allied government because they absorbed a smaller nation, and only expressed your concerns on who they'd absorbed after how many soldiers died?" She asked. "No, Master Dragonsflame. I didn't see the memo. I saw a mad scramble to spitefully sit on Korriban after a war that could have been avoided and should not have been. I saw chaos in the rim planets when the only thing close to a central government - a badly formed, imperfect government - fell like a house of cards before the military might of the Jedi Order." The Ghostling drew herself up to her full height (which wasn't much) and took in a deep breath. "When did your solution to Darkness become a beheading instead of a guiding light? Evil is a choice, Joshua - you know this better than most. With our help, the Sith Empire was slowly reforming, moving away from tyranny. They'd abolished slavery, for light's sake! And rather than showing them a better way through example, or helping them walk a better path, you knocked them out of the Galaxy and made martyrs of them. Your children and your children's children will have to deal with the countless enemies, grudges and hatred that single conflict has created. Rather than try and mend a rift, you did what has been done and done over since time immemorial - you stooped to their level, covered yourself in their filth, and now you complain because people think you dirty."

"How dare you be flippant about this." Aleids hissed, glaring at the blond man who'd at one point been her closest confidante. "Don't you have any shame? I can see the question burning in the back of your eyes, Joshua, so you may as well ask it. Ask me why I was on O'Reen, fighting for the other side. Ask me why I - who's moral compass you've always trusted, who has laid down life and limb for the greater good enough times to carry herself proudly - took up arms against the Republic on O'Reen." She let her arms fall to her sides, then, stopping the wild gesturing that had accompanied her little speech. "If you can look me in the eyes and ask me the questions you should already know the answers to, then you're not half the man I knew."

"And if you think my business about being a monkeywrench for any subsequent expansion the Republic intends to do was in any way up for conversation or negotiation, you're sadly mistaken. The wheels are in place and rolling, regardless of what happens here today. I'm merely here to deliver the message. To tell you how things are going to be - because when somebody you love has messed their pants, you don't suggest they might do well to go change, you tell them to clean themselves up. And when a dog has turned bad and starts biting, you don't shoot it before you find out what's wrong - but you sure as heck put it in a cage fore it hurts anyone else." Aleidis finished sternly.

He nodded at her sudden outburst, keeping calm. He hadn't expected that. There had been a trust between them, once, that allowed them to do something like that without the other worrying. He'd forgotten, while trying to use that to be courteous while she had been speaking and not interrupting her, that this wasn't the same Aleidis he had once known.

"You know the Sith that we declared war on, the ones that attacked our homeworld pretending to be rogue sith, shortly after their Emperor, who had couped the one who SIGNED your treaty that you hoped would make the Empire a more respectable faction, with the help of... Guess who? The one who blew up the Senate, showed up to take advantage of YOUR treaty and make fools of us by pretending he had a Senate seat and trying to run for Chancellor, wasn't the same Empire that you had made a deal with after Metalorn, Aleidis. You know that just as much as I do, and if you can't realize that, then maybe I was wrong about you in some fashions" he said calmly, no longer pulling any punches. He would be the Josh DragonsFlame that Aleidis knew as a professional then... Brutally honest, serious about his work, not afraid to tell the truth to your face even if it would make you scream and pound your fists like a giant baby. "And if you still can't look at them before we took arms against them, and realize that.... What happened to your beloved Slavery Abolishment as soon as Dranok took over, Aleidis? How long did it take them to bring slavery back into the fold and start enslaving species again?" he asked. "What if we'd lost that war, Aleidis? If we disbanded, and they did the same to our planets and the ones around us as they did to planets they took after Dranok took over... What if they'd gone to Datarr? And if they did, you'd blame us for failing you and your kind"

He shook his head. "I was the last person that wanted to go to war, Enza. You've known me for a long time, and you know that just as well as anyone ever would. I went on that battlefield against the Sith because I saw the destruction they had wrought against us, and for once I agreed with the decision to go to war. I wasn't going to sit back and let them destroy and end lives anymore, and even though I didn't like how war friendly some of us have gotten during that time, which I've PERSONALLY gone after Selena for... I knew fighting the Sith was necessary. If Tyrin had stayed in charge and kept his word, maybe things would have been different, you never know. I wish we could have found out Aleidis, but reality is, things changed and we had to retaliate when those changes lashed out at us"

He sighed. "The Fringe... Things were shady about that with the Fringe, but I know that both sides were in the wrong with that. That's why the second that Selena left, and the Council became the leading voice of the Jedi, I went to Jack Harkness myself" he said, looking her dead in the eyes. "The second I realized we had a chance to end this bloodshed, I took it. It never should have happened, you and I both know that. I didn't want to go to O'Reen, and after seeing you there, more then ever I wish I hadn't. We can't reverse what happened, as much as I'd like to. All we can do is learn from it. And I personally hope that everyone in this room right now, along with those in the Republic offices right now all have learned from it"

"Why?" he asked. "Because I am SICK of this nonstop war. There, you have it. I'm sick and tired of it, I never karking wanted it to begin with. Not with the Sith, but I knew we had to. Not with the Suns, but they karked up thanks to Domino, and we karked up thanks to Harkness and Sel, despite them attacking first when all we wanted was for them to step aside while we handled the Sith. And especially not with the karking Fringe, who my own bleeding FATHER worked to fix ties with, along with those with the Suns, only for it to be destroyed because people made mistakes. I don't want to fight anymore, Aleidis. I don't want to fight over territory, I don't want to go to war with other factions... I just want to do my duty as a Jedi, damnit"

"And you know what?" he asked seriously. "Yeah. I know why you were on O'Reen. Because you were wronged. I know it. You know it. Everyone here knows it. You were wronged on and after Contruum, by Selena, by the Senate. And let me be honest with you... If I could go back and take that away, I would. If I could, I'd bring you back into the Jedi. If I could reverse what happened there, I would. You meant the world to me, Aleidis, and losing you, both professionally and personally has left something that won't ever heal. But business-wise.... You were wronged by a corrupt Senate, one which as far as I know, is either near invisible or no longer exists. You don't like the Republic for what they did to you... For firing you, for not looking for you after Contruum. I listened in on that conversation where they got rid of you. My father tried everything he could to convince them to look for and wait for you, up until you holovidded them saying you were never returning. I heard everything. You were screwed, and so was the Republic by a governing body that only cared about themselves. Actually, I'm pretty sure half of them were working for other sides. It was kind of obvious" he said.

"But you've let that fester... It's as if you'll believe anything you can to think the Republic is bad. Maybe some of it's true. Maybe the Republic has problems it needs to take care of. I'm not saying it doesn't. And if you had come in here, and spoken to us peacefully, without threatening us or yelling or getting mad, then... Honestly, there'd be no problems here. If you think the Republic has issues that need to be taken care of, alright, I trust you. I've always trusted you and I've always trusted your judgement. But what you've done and are doing... It's not like you at all. Everything you've said, everything you've done since you disappeared the second time... I don't recognize you anymore. This isn't the Aleidis I know"

"And if you truly think that you coming here, threatening us with armies and threatening to end peoples lives as a statement makes sense... And you do this because you CARE about this Order, CARE about this Republic... Then perhaps this ordeal you've suffered has caused something in you, trauma perhaps. Because this isn't the way to do this. I know it's not, and inside... You know that too"

He sighed. "I want you to calm down, Enza. We're here to listen. Not to threats of armies and bleeding, not to fighting against us for the sake of it... I want to listen to the woman who at one point in her life sacrificed EVERYTHING for the Jedi and Republic. I want to listen to the Aleidis I knew, who I loved and would have DIED for if need be" he said, taking a breath. "If you can do that... We'll listen, because I'd rather listen to a respected former Jedi Master, who gave her entire life to this cause and KNOWS what it's like to deal with all of this... Then someone who pleads for peace while threatening with violence, and going against EVERYTHING she ever stood for"

He looked over at the rest of the Council. "If any of you wish to speak, please do. I apologize for taking up so much of this, and I apologize to you as well, Miss Ijet for the earlier mental intrusion. It has escaped me that things I could have done to be courteous in the past are no longer an option"

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"]
@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Just after @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] finished speaking, Daella opened her mouth as if to reply. Yet @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] spoke up - and continued to do so for so long. Daella turned her head to the right once more - looking away from everyone. Her left eye twitched every once and a while during both Aledis and Joshua's speeches. Yet with the slight flickering and grain of the hologram, this would have been difficult to notice unless one stared at Daella. When both had finished, Daella did not turn back to the group or speak out. She remained silent.

Josh eyed Daella and her expression, as well as her being turned away from them. He sighed, he had a feeling he'd spoken too soon, before Daella could herself. He felt guilty for that, and decided he would remain silent for the time being. He would allow the others in the Council to speak, he decided it was best to listen to his own advice... Learn from the mistakes of others.

@[member="Daella Apparine"]

Rianna listened, they had endured these allegations a few times already. It was becoming a daily event to have someone either from the Republic, or the Jedi stand before the Council and make these comments. Members of the Council seemed to know this woman who stood before them so defiantly, uttering words of her beiiefs and what she envisioned.

This was one of those times Rianna would need to listen and let others who knew more of this particular woman, and were already aware of how the Council felt to speak with her.

Aleidis Zrgaat

@[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

The closest word that could descibe Alei's expression was a grimace - a cringe that didn't dare reveal itself as a sneer, with distaste and displeasure leaking from every corner. "For you to stand there and say this is some personal vendetta I've got against the Republic is the highest level of delusion, Master Dragonsflame." She decided, affronted. "Silly on a level I can't even describe."

That wouldn't stop her from trying, though. Aleidis Ijet's mouth had always been hung in the middle, and it ran at both ends. "During my time as a Jedi Knight, I was deployed to roughly a dozen different planets to bring the Republic's will to them. A dozen missions over about two years. Less than two of them were armed conflicts, one of which was Metalorn. My record will show that I was neither lax, nor was I spared from active duty due to my physical limitations - in fact, I requested deployment regularly simply to prove that I was as capable as any other Knight. Something you know, Joshua."

"In the past two months, the Jedi Order - at the behest of the Republic, or under it's banners - has been engaged in at least eight armed conflicts that I know of against neutral planets or those occupied by natives. This number doesn't include O'Reen or the conflict with the Sith Empire, naturally, and I'm sure there's at least a couple others that my contacts aren't aware of. At least eight armed conflicts, no more than two or three peaceful acquisitions of planetary space." Aleidis listed, raising her chin slightly as though to ask if anyone disputed the homework she'd done in preparation for this meeting. "Over two years of jumping on every mission or deployment I could to prove my worth, and there were two - you've more than quadrupled that number in a matter of weeks. And you presume to tell me that I'm being paranoid or vindictive when I use force to get a bully's attention?"

"I have not yelled, Master Dragonsflame. I did not raise my voice when you presumed to speak into my mind just to tell me I was wasting my time - graciously encouraging me to 'say what I needed to', even though your mind was made up." Aleidis stated flatly. "I did not shout when you disparaged my character, or when you suggested that my actions bloomed the seed of revenge. But if you dare to tell me to calm down again, we'll have a problem."

"Your words ring of hollow rationalization, Joshua. You find it easier to convince yourself that I've gone mad with revenge than to believe you've utterly failed in your duties as Jedi and have become the new scourge of the Galaxy. You would rather tell me that I'm being irrational and violent, when you yourself have seen first-hand what the Republic's laissez faire war policy has done to countless lives. And you would prefer to condemn me when I set hard limits to your expansion, rather than perhaps ponder that you've fallen asleep on watch and countless lives have already been lost as a result."

"I have sacrificed everything for the Republic, in that you are correct. To the point where I'm coming to you know to tell you that things must change - having done everything from treason to sedition to ensure that if you do not affect change, I will affect it for you." Aleidis swore. "Because raising banners to wait for you to continue this madness is the only option left to me, I've come to stand before you - unarmed! - to risk the rest of my life in a prison cell or a traitor's grave to tell you that this. Must. Stop. Not tomorrow, Joshua, and not when your 'current missions on certain planets have ended', but now."

She stood proud, blazing with the same righteous resolve that'd convinced the Senate to elect an inexperienced sixteen year old to the mightiest seat in the land, that'd cowed warlike factions and made allies of enemies. "A woman who has given everything of her body and future to a cause tells you that you need to change something, Jedi Council. A woman who was named the youngest Jedi Master in centuries is willing to die to ensure you hear her warnings. I have been named Barsen'Thor - a Jedi among Jedi - by this very Council, a title which is rarely given more than once in six thousand years, and I led the Galaxy into the longest span of complete peace it's known for thousands of years. Master Apparine, you assisted me in slaying the Whiphid Velok, who destroyed two planets in an attempt to plunge the Republic into war and tortured countless others with Sith magics. He remains the only life I've taken, the only blood I've shed - and that I'm threatening violence today should speak volumes of how dire I see things. My credentials should speak for themselves, Joshua Dragonsflame, but if I need to keep going, I will. I am not some Padawan to be lectured on the dangers of passion, or turned away for a heated word. I've earned that much, thank you, and when I speak, I expect you to listen no matter how many times you've heard it before, or how mean I am for saying it. Get your poodoo together, and mind how you address me in the future. Friend or not, I have earned your respect, even if I've lost your friendship. Now sit down and be quiet a while, Joshua, because your mewling rationalizations shame everything that saber you carry is supposed to represent."

Aleidis pointed downwards. "I've had my say. The Galaxy will not tolerate your nonsense any longer - and you can take that for the promise it is, or you can disregard it and be responsible for the lives lost when your war machine finds it's gears grinding and seizing with the bodies of the fallen." She promised sincerely, now edging into angry. "I do this terrible thing because I love the Republic, and sometimes loving a thing means hurting it, but WHY I do it doesn't really matter. It is done. Now, will you stop me from walking peacefully out that door, or would somebody else like to speak?"

Kira Talith

Kinetic Communication at its finest my Chick-e-dee
"Well I'll be..." Kira said quietly to herself, still leaning against the outside pillar from the main council chamber. Her head had dipped a bit, her finger coming to rest vertically upon her lips as she strained through the Force to hear as much as she could.

Granted, a few words here and there held the sound akin to static, but at the very least, she could not help but a faint smile at that at last, someone else who had done thorough investigations, just as Kira had done herself, had come forth.

The Barsen'Thor none the less.

Considering how the high council, all but Master Kiska, had reacted in turn to her earlier pleas, she was not surprised to hear exactly what Master Dragonflame said. He, as reports have stated and her own experience, was always a passionate one. It saddened her that for a Master, he did not show a measure of peace and tranquility shown since the times of the late Grand Master Tef.

These were trying times indeed.

Sopher shifted in his seat as he listened to the council talk, he watched his Master carefully as she listened and put in her inputs at the right moment. She was clever and he could see why the Grand Master had made @[member="Daella Apparine"] the Voice of the Jedi. Speaking of voices, one of the council members @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"] - his voice was oddly drowned out by ambient noises*.

A hand rested on his chin as he listened to the Masters speak, in his head he wondered what the Grand Master thought of all of this and he felt her way was better than sitting down and discussing things. Sometimes action needed to be taken and words could only go so far.

"Why are they fighting? We protected people and stopped the Dark Side's influence over those planets. How could some Jedi just sit there and play with their hands in their lap. Its disgusting Master, disgusting that they would just see one side of the code and not the other, there are some on the council, that don't deserve their seat there."

*OOC: Dude, Josh really can you please change your font color - doesn’t show up on all but two skins that are on the board. I can’t say I fully read your posts because it was more work than I really like to do to read a post. Thanks.

@[member="Aleidis Ijet"] @[member="Joshua DragonsFlame"]

Angsty was the Jedi who debated within the Council Chambers. Hmm, Phylis knew it could do with more work. A somewhat tortured metaphor.

Regardless, Joshua and Aleidis were going back and forth with the raging certainty of true believers in their causes. To Phylis, it was all a bit melodramatic and even leaning towards the Dark Side. Aleidis had come and gone as Chancellor, being the Regina Pacificus whilst in power. Times had changed though. The idealism of the Jedi could not always be free from the necessities of state.

However, Phylis was not an arguer. She knew if she voiced her opinion Aleidis would pounce on it in order to unleash another lecture. She couldn’t handle that, so she merely sighed.

“You speak of ‘the Galaxy’ as a unified body. I highly doubt such a thing exists. The Mandalorians are quite content to occupy and liberate former Sith worlds, the Fel likewise. After all, both have fought their wars to destroy the Sith, and in the process used more harsh measures than us. The Fringe, despite democratic leanings, has always been a realist state who has just absorbed the ‘Galactic Empire’ themselves. The Confederacy is readying its Templars, and has proven itself quite willing to occupy locations that are strategic. Lastly the Protectorate, well, I’m not sure if they are too upset by it, considering the aid we provided them recently. I am not sure if ‘the Galaxy’ will tolerate us, but they now have no reason not to. The Sith are defeated and partitioned, and the war is now over.”

“Furthermore, is it not ironic that you are promising to oppose us, or to support those who oppose us, even though you have always been in favour of peace? No one is preventing you leaving. Go in peace if you wish, but if you seek to attack us by yourself or with others, we will respond.”

Crap. Now she’d done it. Now they’d all be looking at her, and Aleidis would start fuming again. Phylis just wished she could Force Teleport from this room.

As Phylis finished, Josh looked at her, as she predicted... He had remained calm, and let the other Master speak. He'd said his piece, his part in all of this was done. Yet, he looked at the other Master...

But....

He smiled. Faintly, but he smiled. That last bit, she spoke his thoughts exactly...

He then turned to Aleidis and nodded.

"You're free to go, Aleidis" he said calmly.

@[member="Phylis Alince"] @[member="Aleidis Ijet"]

Aleidis Zrgaat

She may as well have spoken to a wall. As much as Aleidis dislike Benjamin Watts for the burden lain at her feet, the worst thing he'd done was leave the council to this end. Of course, her own master had done much the same thing.

Be that as it may, as capable as Alei felt she could argue all day, it wouldn't do any good. That, and standing here without her belt on was making her spine ache and her feet hurt, which really didn't help the situation in the slightest, or the party pod her that really just wanted to sit down and spend a couple days crying this whole mess out.

Turning on her pointed toe, Aleidis walked placidly from the council chambers and, if not obstructed, out of the thread.

"May the Force be with you, Aleidis" he said quietly as @[member="Aleidis Ijet"] left the room. A sigh escaped the Jedi Master as he looked to his fellow councillors.

"She is a misguided one. She has had a corrupt senate unrightfully toss her aside like garbage, even as she worked to dispose of evils terrorizing the galaxy. Now she doesn't know who is right, who is wrong anymore, nor what the right thing is"

He breathed, brushing the hair from his face. Once Aleidis had left, the Jedi Master had allowed himself to cool down, taking the demeanour that he wished he could have taken during this situation.

"Perhaps one day, the galaxy will light her way again. All we can do is hope the Force will one day guide our former sister in the Order to peace again. It pains me, on a personal level, to see what she's become. But no amount of arguing and reasoning in the world is going to bring the Aleidis that we knew, some of us even loved, that we respected as an important and respectful Jedi of our Order that truly was deserving of the title she held"

"Sadly, my fellow Jedi... Master Ijet has to find her own path" he said quietly, standing to his feet. "I must apologize, personally. Master Ijet brings out emotions in me that I wish hadn't come out during official business. I suppose it is as we were taught... A jedi never stops learning"

"With your respectful permissions, Councillors, I would like to retire to my chambers if that's alright. This has been a stressful ordeal. One that has taught me a great deal" he stated calmly. He gave a respectful bow to the council.

"May the Force be with you, Masters"

And with that, he was gone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom