Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Happy Birthday

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
Noah nodded at Kahlil's words, remembering those times all too well and most of the time wanting to forget those times. "Yeah, wasn't there when Mandalore fell. I was ordered by Mand'alor to keep the children safe and evacuate my clan and kin to help make sure that our people could rebuild." He shifted in the chair uncomfortably, obviously still wrestling with that order and its outcome years later, thankful that Kahlil asked how Yasha was doing.

"She's doing great right now. She was wounded during the battle for Mand'alor and spent the better part of a year in rehabilitation and recovery. She now plies her trade as a botanist and helps developing worlds terraform their environments, produce better crop yields and that sort of thing. She loves it to be honest." He was all smiles when he mentioned Yasha's new line of work, knowing just how much she enjoyed the work was enough to make Noah happy.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Well, that's good." Kahlil nodded once, glancing back over to Vera and Valery. He'd run out of ideas on what to talk about at this point, so looked to his wife for any kind of help.

He was terrible at conversations after all.

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Noah Corek Noah Corek

Appearance: Link
Necklace: Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Noah Corek Noah Corek

Seeing the way he smiled when he talked about his wife and what she was up to — it made Valery beam brightly as well. With all the bad things that were happening everywhere, hearing the better parts about life from others was great. Or of course, to experience it yourself. Her gaze then shifted to Kahlil, and she nodded lightly.

"I'm glad to hear that your family is doing so well, Noah. I hope it stays that way, no matter what happens in the war," she said but before she could add anything to it, sudden movements from Vera in the corners of her eyes caught her attention. The curious little girl had seen something and needed answers.

"What is that?" she pointed at the case Noah had brought with him, and Valery just blinked.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah chuckled when it seemed Kahlil seemed to run out of things to talk about, his eyes turning to Valery when she bailed her husband out of talking to their guest, an action Noah knew all too well as he did it all the time with his wife who much like Kahlil was not a conversationist by any means. It was good to know that other married couples had the same proclivities.

As Valery talked Noah leaned back into the chair and made himself comfortable, her words filtering into his mind before his attention was too drawn to the young girl as she approached him and pointed at the case he had brought with him. Picking up the case he placed it into his lap and smiled at young Vera.

"It's a birthday gift for your mother...though its an...adult gift that I'm afraid your parents might not want you to see."

Appearance: Link
Necklace: Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Noah Corek Noah Corek

An adult gift? Vera just pouted and seemed confused — why couldn't she just see the gift? But Valery blinked, and looked at the box for a moment. Then she remembered they were talking to a Mandalorian, and one known to be quite handy in crafting weapons. It had to be a gun, and that thought brought a smirk to Valery's face.

She was quite excited to use them more, and it would be useful in undercover missions. But those who knew about her past with them, such as Kahlil, would maybe be terrified at that thought.

"Noo... I wanna see the gift and stay!" Vera said to her father, and Valery looked over, "It's alright, I can open it later," she smiled at her daughter and then looked at Noah, "Thank you, Noah - you shouldn't have, but I do appreciate it."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge

Noah chuckled and shook his head gently at Vera's insistence that she be allowed to see the gift that he had brought for her mother, the words and actions reminding him of his own daughter. Grabbing the case and setting it back down on the ground he slid in between himself and Valery to where she could take it from him. "Heard through the grape vine that you had been learning to shoot and I thought that a pair of custom blasters from me would make a great birthday gift."

He was about to start explaining everything that the blasters entailed when a chime sounded from his pocket. Reaching into said pocket he withdrew a small datapad and read the message that scrolled across the screen. Groaning with some slight annoyance he reached down and quickly shot a message out before standing and dusting himself off. "I'm sorry but I've got to get going. One of my kids apparently got too rough with their siblings and sprained their arm..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom