Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Happy Birthday

Appearance: Link
Necklace: Link
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble Noah Corek Noah Corek

"You know, I've never had someone want to visit because of my birthday before."

Valery looked at Kahlil with a smile while she relaxed on the couch and waited for Noah to arrive. He had sent a message about wanting to pay a quick visit, so they had brought the Bastion, their ship, to the New Cov Temple's Landing Pad. Soon, they'd have their new home to invite people to if they wanted to visit, but right now this would have to do. "I believe you've met him before, yeah? When I helped him on Ilum a while ago, he mentioned something about it."

She then took a deep breath and ran a hand up through her hair, "Either way, he's good people. When I got off Onderon after my stasis, I was dropped on Alderaan, where he helped me get a ship. Which is what brought me to New Cov and well... rest is history, hm?" she looked at her husband with a grin. But after a moment of thought, she stared at the kitchen and then back to him.

"Think I should get drinks ready? Maybe some snacks?"

She sighed and smirked a little because of herself.

"I'm terrible at this stuff."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"It's been a while. Honestly, I don't remember much more than his name and his face. Guess that happens when you don't keep up with people." He chuckled, a little embarrassingly so, but he seemed in good spirits. It was always good to meet more people. Kahlil would have some snacks and drinks already out. Not much, but a cake specifically for Valery's birthday.

"But, sounds like he's why we ended up meeting. I'll have to thank him for that for sure."

Noah Corek Noah Corek | Valery Noble Valery Noble

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
There were many things that many people could say about Noah Corek. He was a killer, he was a kind man, he was a brute, he was highly intelligent, etc. The fact that many of these things were a mere smokescreen he put up to fools those that didn't know him very well was another thing entirely. One thing those close to Noah would say above all else was that he was one of the best friends a person could have, willing to do anything at anytime for someone he called friend.

It was with this in mind he had made a birthday gift for Valery Noble Valery Noble as both a token of appreciation and as your standard run of the mill birthday gift, well maybe not run of the mill but the thought was there, that was currently contained in the large plastoid case he carried at his side.

He had a made his way from his home on Alderaan to New Cov, specifically the landing pad that held the Bastion. People living on a ship was not something new to him, having resided on several ships during his time in the military.

Walking up to the entry hatch of the ship he gave a sharp rapping on the door, not knowing where exactly the pair were in the ship and wanting them to hear it. "Hey! Mandalorian here to make a delivery!"

Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

"He definitely played a big part in us meeting, without even knowing it," Valery said while she watched Kahlil make his way over with all the snacks he had ready. Especially the cake was looking really good — homemade and specifically for her birthday. The smile that brought to her lips would be quite obvious to him.

"Speaking of the devil, I think he's here." She had heard him knock on the door, and quickly made her way down to the ramp to open it up. She greeted Noah with her usual kind smile and gestured for him to step inside, "Good to see you again, Noah. I hope you and your family are doing well?" Her eyes turned to Kahlil, but she wasn't going to speak for him — he could introduce himself.

But while they talked, she'd lead him through the hallway, and into the living room. Along the way, he could hang up his coat or leave anything he had brought along, and when they reached the living room, there would be snacks and drinks waiting for all of them.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
When the door opened Noah returned Valery's smile with a smile of his own. "Val! Looking radiant as ever! It's good to see you too! Family is well, Alex and Yasha are still the best wives in the galaxy and my children run my ragged but I love them all." At her urging he followed her inside, hanging a simple fleece lined bomber jacket up on a coat hook on the way to the living room.

He smiled and nodded his head at Kahlil. "Kahlil, good to see you again. How's the old man? Horrible hopefully." Noah was of course speaking of Carnifex, his disdain for the Dark Lord stemmed from his dislike of Sith in general but was also something much more personal that he had experienced in his life and within his family.

Taking a seat on a nearby chair Noah sighed and ran his fingers through his hair and stretched his joints, the long flight from Alderaan to New Cov hell on said joints. "Where's little Vera? The whole reason I came here today was to see her..." Noah grinned and joked, winking at the pair on account of his joke.

She chuckled at the comment about Carnifex, but didn't say anything about it — she just stepped into the living room and reached for a knife to cut up the cake and offer him a piece. There was tea as well, and some other drinks were on the table if he preferred coffee or even soda, "I'm glad that you're all doing well and I think Vera will join us too."

"Let me see where she-" she stopped in the hallway leading up to the bedrooms because the sound of small feet rapidly approaching began to echo through the hall.

"Cake!!" the little girl exclaimed, having smelled the cake Kahlil had made. But along the way, she noticed a stranger within the living room, which made her stop almost instantly. She hid behind her mother's legs and looked over at Noah with her ying-yang eyes, one part orange and the other her father's silver.

"Come on sweetie, this is Noah. He helped mommy a long time ago find a ship, which helped me find daddy." Vera didn't answer and kept looking at Noah, but she did finally, and slowly, move away from her mother.

"Hello," she said, a little shyly.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Which?" Unfortunately not a joke. Kahlil held a small grimace as he remembered the fact his father had been split into two separate beings. Worse that he wasn't sure which of them was the more evil of the two. But he wasn't going to let that linger too much.

Though the grimace faded the moment Vera came hurtling in the room for cake. He chuckled, already working on cutting a couple pieces while Vera greeted Noah on her own. She was shy as ever, but at least she was starting to get more used to strangers.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
He grinned, their mutual dislike of the Dark Lord of the Sith one of the things the trio could bond and talk about. Groaning as he stood again to look at the tea that had been prepared he sniffed at one cup and smiled. "Ah, Cassius tea, made from the florets of the Cassuss tree. My people believe that it is good for one's health to drink it." He took a sip of the tea and smiled, delighting in the taste of it that reminded him of home.

When Vera entered the room Noah smiled, his smile growing when she saw him and hid behind her mothers legs. Putting the tea on a small table he squatted down, holding in a groan as his legs protested, still cramped from the long journey. Smiling directly at Vera he reached his hand out, palm up to let her examine it. "Hi there Ver'ika, my name is Noah like your mommy said. You have such pretty eyes ya know and you also remind me of my little ones."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Ver'ika?

Kahlil raised a brow, glancing to Valery for a moment. He'd made some friends with Mandalorians in his past, but he didn't know Mando'a in the slightest. But, well. He figured it was something endearing so shrugged it off as he took a sip of his own tea. Huh. Yeah he could see why people believed it was good for health. For the most part though he was quiet, just watching his daughter curiously.

Just how would she react?

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Noah Corek Noah Corek

Valery looked at Kahlil and shrugged — she had no real experience with Mando'a either, and wasn't sure where Ver'ika came from. But much like her husband, she didn't think too much of it and just watched her little girl slowly step away from her legs. She really had the excitement and energy her mother had when she was that young, but she was a lot shyer.

"Hello Noah," she said with a much brighter smile that formed after the compliment about her eyes. She stepped forward and took his hand with her own little hands, so she could look at it. Then there was a pause, and she'd look at him, her parents, and then the table with snacks, drinks, and most importantly...

"Did you eat all the cake?"

Valery blinked, looked down at her daughter and then at Kahlil with a big smirk, "Oh sweetie..."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
He saw the weird look that Valery and Kahlil gave him when he used the 'ika' suffix and chuckled, shaking his head more at his own ignorance than theirs. "Sorry, spend so much time around my own people now adays that I forgot not everyone knows Mando'a. The 'ika' suffix basically just means 'little one' and it can be a term of endearment for children or between significant others. For example my wives call me Noa'ik and I call them Ale'ika and Yash'ika."

His head turned back to Vera when she spoke directly to him and smiled when she took his hand into her smaller ones. When she asked about the cake he let out a unrestrained laugh and shook his head. "No I didn't, in fact your mommy and daddy were saving the first slice for you I believe." He took her by the hand and led her to the table so she could indeed see that none of the cake had been eaten yet.

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil nodded along with Noah's explanation. Right. That's what it meant. Ika. Valer'ika? He glanced to his own wife for a moment, thinking it over. Then shook his head with a chuckle. That turned into a full on burst of laughter as Vera seemed to pick right up on the cake. He tucked down the laugh as best he could, cutting out a couple slices of the cake to be shared between them all.

Then crouched to hand one of Vera.

"Go give this to your mother."

"But Noah said the first piece is mine?" She tilted her head, a little confused. Kahlil just snickered before patting the top of her head.

"Ah, but it's mama's birthday, right? So shouldn't the first piece be hers?"

Vera hummed in thought for a moment, then nodded quickly before rushing over to Valery to present the slice.

"Happy birthday mama!"

Valery Noble Valery Noble | Noah Corek Noah Corek

Valery watched Kahlil glance in her direction and blinked. She had a feeling about what was going on inside his head and smirked when he began to chuckle. But rather quickly, her attention was pulled to Vera, who talked to her father about something very important to her — who was getting the first slice of cake?

After a moment and some input from her dad, she rushed over with a big smile, which made it impossible for Valery not to smile equally as bright. She took the slice and crouched down so her daughter could wrap her arms around her neck for a big hug.

"Thank you, sweetie. You know it will taste even better now that I got from you, hm?" she smirked and Vera seemed happy with that. But of course...

"Do I get cake now too, daddy?" she looked back at her father and grinned happily.

Valery just chuckled and looked at Noah,
"Do you want some cake too? Or anything else to drink or eat? We have plenty."

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
He smiled to himself as he noted the glances and grins between Valery and Kahlil, actions that he knew all too well from similar things he gave his own significant others. His smile grew wider as he watched the interaction between mother, father and daughter, again being reminded of his wives, himself and his children, most older than Vera with the youngest two being just two years older.

He sat back down in his chair to relax, placing the Plastoid case he had been carrying down next to said chair and just observing, slightly sipping at his tea now and again. When he was offered cake he shook his head with a thanking smile. "Thanks but no thanks. Sugar has never really agreed with me, makes me jittery and when it wears off I get sluggish. Something with protein in it, simple meat, would be definitely appreciated though if you have it."

Kahlil_Div2.png

Proteins huh? Kahlil glanced to the snacks before picking up one with some deli meat on it. Offering the platter out to Noah before cutting a piece for Vera. Always good to tend to the guest first. Shortly after Vera finally got her cake he cut his own slice and plopped down beside Valery, happily eating away. But mostly stayed quiet, just watching the two talk while he kept an eye on Vera.

Vera was completely quiet and in her own little world — she had cake to enjoy, and that's all that mattered right now. It was definitely a lot more interesting than whatever the adults were talking about. So while Valery kept an eye out as well, she looked at Noah and placed a hand on her husband's leg as he plopped down beside her.

It was a gentle and loving touch.

"So Noah, you mentioned that you met Kahlil quite some time ago, hm? Was that related to work or did you two just happen to run into each other somewhere?" she asked to get a little conversation going, and she was genuinely curious about how they met. It was likely a long time ago, and probably a bit forgettable. But still.

Noah Corek

Factory Judge
Noah smiled and gave a gracious nod to Kahlil as he was given the plate of deli meat. "Thank you Kahlil." After he voiced his thanks he took one of the pieces and popped it into his mouth, quietly chewing on it as he heard and processed Valery's words. Noah had to admit to himself it took him a few minutes to think back on it and remember exactly where he a Kahlil had met.

"If I'm not mistaken we either met during my time with the Rebel Alliance, fighting against his father, or during my time in the New Republic...I think I actually met Kahlil when he came to talk to my wife Yasha, though she wasn't my wife at the time. We bonded over our mutual distrust over Carnifex. One of the first Jedi I felt I could call my friend."

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Those were darker times. Just before the fall of Mandalore and my father's betrayal." It was around then Kahlil stopped talking with Mandalorians. In part because of what his father had done. The other, because he left the Jedi Orders for a time. Still considered himself a Jedi, he just didn't believe in the Silvers.

He chuckled a little, though. Ironically it's why he'd eventually meet Valery. Ah, the past was a funny thing to look back on.

"How is Yasha?"

"That's quite the story," Valery smiled softly and looked between the two. She hadn't exactly expected them to have met under great circumstances, knowing just how difficult Kahlil's past had been. But this was definitely not a happy topic, so she was somewhat relieved when Kahlil asked about how Noah's wife was doing.

Valery had never met Noah's family, nor did she know much about them beyond what they had talked about the few times they worked together. But she did care and remained quiet while she listened to them.

"Mommy, can I have one?" Vera asked, noticing that her mother was a bit quiet. She wanted one of the smaller snacks on the table, and since it was a birthday, Valery nodded and helped her daughter while she listened to Noah and Kahlil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom