Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Hapes Charity Gala [Jedi and allies]

VEjqBGJ.png
Wearing: xxx
Tags: Iris Arani Iris Arani | Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest
Nearby: Desric Terassi Desric Terassi | Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok | Sinara Thorne Sinara Thorne

"No, I don't think --" Seva started to say when Iris asked if the fabric was like the Organa family name. She pinched the bridge of her nose, but then managed a smile. Though, she did know that Alicio's sister had her own clothing line – Contessa. Perhaps he would understand the reference.

Well, no matter... her new companion seemed to be having the time of her life.

"Yes, it's a good cause, to be sure," Seva said, nodding. She let her eyes idly take in the growing crowd around them. Indeed, her family did give to charity often. It helped people and it was good for appearances, too, which certainly never hurt.

Seva watched as a dark-haired man approached.

She'd never seen him before, but he was pretty easy on the eyes – if she had to admit it. A brow rose curiously as the man, Luric, placed a polite kiss on Iris' hand. Seva blinked, incredulous. Something about this fellow seemed... overly polite to Seva. Nevertheless, she offered him a slight cant of her head in greeting. "Charmed. Nice to meet you, I'm Seva," she said, adding a pleasant smile.

Seva occupied herself with her champagne and an appetizer she'd snatched from a passing tray. Yes, tonight she felt she'd earned it.

44E9Puw.png
TAGS: Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Valery Noble Valery Noble | Aldric Laurent | Open
majfiZZ.png
A laugh escaped Marissa as she glanced up at Jasper, who expressed the reaction she expected. Likewise with Valery and her date, Aldric, who both seemed taken off guard by her introduction. Her attention shifted for a moment to both Aldric and Jasper, who commented on the party. "I'm used to CorpSec meetings and parties, they're far easier to work with. Orders and restricted dialogue isn't always a good thing, but it makes the party a lot easier to manage. This is just nerve-racking." She quipped with a smirk as she glanced at the three.

"I assume you two are here as a couple? Or a first date?"

Marissa's cheeks heated up a little at the question. It was still something to get used to, being in a relationship. "Yeah, we're here as a couple." She admitted as she looked at Jasper with a smile. While her cybernetic eyes couldn't exactly convey emotion, the two Jedi would certainly be able to read her effectively. "Gotta be honest, while the party's taking some getting used to, this planet is beautiful. It's like an early birthday present." She remarked as she looked back at Aldric and Valery. They likely wanted to get on with their own distractions.

"It was a pleasure to meet the both of you. And master Noble, I hope we can talk a bit later." She gave them a nod before taking Jasper's cybernetic hand and leaving the two to their business.

"She seems nice. It's... weird... to meet her. It's like a news reel suddenly came to life." She looked around for a refill of drinks, grabbing two more glasses for them. "But enough about them... what do you want to do?" She asked as she came to a halt by a table and passed him his glass. "You want to go step on people's toes or just lay low for a little?" She asked as she turned to look at the dancefloor, leaning against Jasper in the process. If there was one thing she didn't realize she loved, it was the affection between them.

44E9Puw.png

Castle of Per'Agthra
Tags: Marissa Shoda Marissa Shoda , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Aldric Laurent

Jasper_divider_2.0.png

"I assume you two are here as a couple? Or a first date?"

Jasper could feel his face practically light up when Master Noble asked this. Jasper knew it was coming, but he still hadn't been able to mentally prepare himself to answer. Thankfully, Marissa was quick to respond.

"Y-yeah," he nodded, a bit of his confidence coming back.

He became bubbly inside when she looked back at him, becoming even redder. Jasper didn't need to see anything in her cybernetic eyes to understand the vibe. There were a few more notes made on the party before the gesture was made to move on to other things...

"It was a pleasure to meet the both of you. And master Noble, I hope we can talk a bit later."

Jasper completely agreed with it. He knew that Master Noble and Aldric would want to get on with their night. He gave the two of them a warm, albeit flustered smile.

"Right," he nodded. "And uh, I'm guessing we'll have a chance to speak afterwards as well," Jasper added, directed towards Valery. "Have a good evening."

As they walked away, Marissa mentioned everything being a lot like a news real. He understood where it all came from. A lot of the shock had hit him too when he came out of exile. It was strange to think of how he had gone from some nobody kid to attending a fancy party with members of the Jedi council.

"Yeah," he nodded, "I get what you mean. I... still kinda feel weird about it all."

Shoda passed him another glass before asking him what he wanted to do next, ever so slightly leaning against him. The prospect of dancing was one that he wasn't entirely confident about, but from the sounds of it, Marissa wasn't confident in her abilities to avoid 'stepping on toes' either. As he gently placed his mechanical hand on her shoulder, a nervous grin spread across his face.

"I mean, you only live once," he shrugged. "We should probably finish our drinks first."

"Could've just settled for gold lamé," Miri said. "Although I hear that's pretty uncomfortable too. But as long as you got what you paid for..."

Apart from his strange outfit, she actually didn't find the young man particularly interesting. But before she could turn her attention elsewhere, she overheard him introducing himself to another young woman. The name Terassi stirred something in her brain. Her brow furrowed. "Where have I heard that name before?" she asked. Then, thinking he was asking for both their names, she replied, "Miri Nimdok. Pleased to meet you, Mr. Terassi."

44E9Puw.png

Even as he had arrived at the Hapan Royal Gala, the irony of being a guest at the event was not lost on him. Passing the vetting process was even more ironic. Being the father of the Queen's personal guard was just the irony cherry on top of a massive irony cake.

The founder of The New Way opened the door of the speeder for his wife. After all the years he had known Teyla, somehow she had become even more beautiful. Her ability to coast through scenarios like this with elegance and sophistication had only matured in the years of their shared love. "Have I told you that you look beautiful tonight?" Baros said as she stepped out of the speeder. He had. Several times. And would likely do so several more. After twenty years, he still couldn't get over her.

It felt good to be here, in spite of the event being held in opposition to The New Way. It felt like life was getting back to normal. The extremist edge of The New Way had been mostly quelled, and this gave time for Baros to relax into life. Money going to help the victims of the evil perpetuated in The New Way's name felt good, like he was assisting with repairing some of he hurt he had inadvertently caused. Baros had given considerably to the cause, and his movement would continue as the peaceful political change agent it was always intended to be.

Upon entering he saw many faces, some familiar, most not. He walked over to the first he knew like few else. His son.

"Brandyn," he said with a warm inviting smile, one that had been practiced for a time that emotional control was needed. There was still much friction between the two men. Baros paused to consider his son as a man, and realized he agreed with the word to describe him. He oddly felt pride swell in his chest. Despite Brandyn note following his wishes, and actively defying him. He was still proud of the man that Brandyn had become. Fear still lingered for whether or not his son could control the awful power that the dark side tempted with, but perhaps he could just savour who Brandyn was at this very moment.

23153.jpg

"Father, mother,"
Brandyn said with a professional bow, before shaking his father's hand, and planting a loving peck on his mother's cheek.

"How long will you be staying? I hear the Glimmik is going to be fairly loud tonight," Brandyn said with a smile, knowing that the answer was a flat out no.​

"Oh, no," said Baros, "I heard Sithspawn play Hanna City once…not my cup of tea." The older Sal-Soren laughed as he shook his head, and he watched as Brandyn reciprocated his laugh, however he did note a curious micro-expression, as if a memory had been triggered. Baros was so caught in the lightness of their interaction that he brushed off the moment as his son seeing something related to his job. It made his heart less heavy to have these light moments with his boy.

23153.jpg

"Well. Please enjoy the evening. We need to do dinner again soon," Brandyn said, wanting to add that he had someone he wanted them to meet. He did not say it. It wasn't for shame that he kept his silence but rather that he wanted to be sure Cybelle was ready for it.

Brandyn offered a smile some might call doting towards his mother. It took everything within him to resist the urge to hug her.​

"We'll just head off before you feel the need to break protocol and talk to us for to long," Baros said with a pat on his son's shoulder, "you look good in green…and protecting a Queen? That's pretty cool, kiddo." With that the elder Sal-Soren turned and plunged into the throng beyond.

| Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren | Open |​

Last edited:
hAvaJgS.png

Brandyn was left with a faint lingering sense of unease as he watched his father walk away. It was probably nothing. But then there was a small chance that it could be everything. Truly everything. Given the purpose of Cybelle coming to Hapes, and ultimately Coruscant with him, he had ample evidence to believe that it could be monumental. Also, coincidences happened every day. It was probably just a coincidence.

His gaze wandered for something familiar and reassuring, for Cybelle if he could, but she was out of sight. Who his eyes did settle on was on Velda Nar-Donna. She was looking at him. Brandyn just stared in a half daze for a moment before he realized she was making eyes towards the queen's point of intended entry. Brandyn offered a sheepish smile in return. He was embarrassed by his noticeable distraction. If the smile came across as coy, it was unintentional but understandable.

It was then that Aiden's patrol notification came through. "Understood sector 7. All other stations, report status. Notice, the Queen is about to enter the gathering. All eyes sharp."

It seemed there were others that wished to grab his attention but his primary mission was at hand. Turning on his heels he walked up the stairs with poise owing to his mother's training.

Almost as an afterthought he sent an encrypted line of text to Aiden Porte Aiden Porte 's comm. [Please check historical concert dates in Hanna City, Chandrila for Glimmik band Sithspawn.] With the message sent, the moment passed from his mind.

"If I may your majesty, no one will mistake you for being anything other than the Queen," he said once reaching the top of the stairs, "you are as the sun's rising and setting for splendor."

He stood to the side, allowing her to freely descend the stairs at her choosing. "Everything is secure. You have my arm if you wish accompaniment down the stairs," he said, knowing she did not need it. He had quickly learned the fiercely independent spirit that dwelt within the Queen. He respected her, and at times had a sensible fear in her presence. "But if I may, my Queen, the night is yours. The entrance...well...pardon my casual vernacular, but you got this."

hAvaJgS_d.webp

Dressed

Aiden descended the steps and he heard the chime from his comlink, however it was different this time. It was an encrypted text to the Jedi Padawan. He nodded his head and responded to him. [Understood.]

"I'll be running a few minutes behind, if you pass through the gardens before I get there I can meet you inside the main hall."
Aiden opened the regular security line as he spoke to Aveline Cuiléin Aveline Cuiléin . Aiden took a deep breath as he reached the base of the steps and did his rounds along the lower level as he made his way towards one of the access stations by the security checkpoint. "Grab some caf, this will be a minute." Aiden said the the security personnel as he relieved him giving him some time for a break. Most important thing to make sure there was no one else around. Aiden gained access and began his delve into cyberspace for what Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren was requiring.

[From the information I have gathered there have been three tours that they have booked. One was ten years ago, it was cancelled due to a sort of contract dispute.] Aiden's eyes scanned the file as he gathered more information. [Second one was eight years ago and.....cancelled due to the singer having an illness.] The padawan cleared his throat a bit as he gathered the last piece that Brandyn was looking for. [And just four months ago, that was the only tour that was held.] Aiden's brow furrowed and his eyes narrowed just a bit. This was clearly something of great importance to Brandyn, especially giving the encrypted text line. [I'll keep a close eye out on them.]

Aiden closed out everything and cleared the cache files as he noticed the Security personnel coming back.

"They are having quite the time up there, aren't they." The man spoke, just a few years old than him.

Aiden couldn't help but agree with him. "Right you are my friend. Reach me on comms if you need anything."

The Padawan moved back down the hall going towards the steps, his hands lightly holding one another. He just briefly wondered what was coming ahead for the night.

Hapes-Gala-Header01-1.png

HAPES CHARITY GALA
A Star Wars Story

GAPostBreaker.png

Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Objective #3: Security detail
Soundtrack: Haiku
Appearance: X

hAvaJgS.png

Cailen listened carefully, thoroughly impressed with every word she said. She seemed so important. Instrumental. He didn't have any siblings of his own, nor anything to inherit. In fact, had Cailen's parents not agreed to allow the Jedi Order to take him in, he'd likely have never left his homeworld.

He swallowed nervously, knowing his own origins were far less grand than Cora's.

"I'm from Anaxes," he answered matter-of-factly. "I lived with my mom and dad in one of the Alliance shipyards. We were responsible for looking over starship wreckage and salvaging any use components and materials we could before they melted the rest down."

It may not be lavish, but it was honest, valuable work; Cailen imagined that the shipyards contributed an invaluable supply of raw materials and recycled technology to the Alliance Defense Force. At least, that's what his dad used to say.

He went to continue, but a buzz on their comlinks interrupted the conversation.

"All other stations, report status. Notice, the Queen is about to enter the gathering. All eyes sharp."

Cailen looked to Cora for her input before scanning the ballroom once again, noting anything that may seem out of place.

Maxir Vancil

M

44E9Puw.png

Wearing: Suit
Tags: Anniser Dannstac | OPEN

DU1iAhh6TPpNfSiIUxsxfiQEpY12k6Q6mTk3SyQbrpNBwI3Z9_itjv-D2UKc5bLOr_CHcl-kF2K5pRuHsKkZLKBs7w-vMBstW19RfZP1RtfyaLof8EN1GmA20htvP_xuIkBYZo_nQGMnuDVDJXgZw8D-Ks3UTLc_WEqdZY2yiD93RISzYJGu_gBLSQ

It was Maxir’s first time at a public event since becoming a Jedi. He’d spent much of the last several months sequestered in the Jedi Temple on Coruscant pushing as quickly as possible through his early initiate training with whichever Master was available in the specialty he needed to pass a basic test in. Much of the time he was with Master Amanda braska who had agreed to take him on as her Padawan. Maxir wasn’t quite sure that was the best thing considering it meant having to hide whatever their side relationship was. It wasn’t terribly serious yet, too much Jedi stuff in the way of developing a true romantic bond, but it wasn’t casual. At least not for Maxir. He’d invited Amanda along for the evening. But wasn’t sure if she would attend or force Maxir to deal with the event on his own. She seemed like the type to enjoy a good party and dressing up, but not necessarily as the political intrigue type. Maxir was pretty sure she liked to handle problems by punching them in the face.

Nevertheless, big political and charity parties were something that Maxir had become used to in his time as an actor. And though he was numb to the excitement, the music, the often pretentiously small bite refreshments, the fanciness of it all, he now wasn’ just a pretty face trotted out to give whatever cause was the focus of the party a boost and to distract young wives and daughters so that older husbands and fathers could be engaged in business. He now had a much bigger purpose in the galaxy, one that made his former existence seem quite vapid. He would be lying if he didn’t admit to missing some aspects of acting. His quarters in the temple didn’t begin to compare to his penthouse apartment and there was a rush to finishing a scene and seeing how it was received by the public. But he definitely appreciated the track his life was on now and hoped for the best.

Maxir hated showing up late, even when it was the in thing to do as a celebrity to be noticed. As a Jedi it seemed like bad form. As was habit he circled the perimeter of the ballroom. In his former life he was quite confident on where his presence would be most desired. He received smiles from several young ladies that told him that place was still being kept warm for him, and he had little doubt that the matriarchal nature of Hapes would likely have them coming to him. But as a Jedi that was not where he was going to put himself just yet. He was surprised at the number of Jedi were present. He had little doubt that he was the lowest ranking, though not the youngest and as eyes fell upon him he suddenly wished that he had tried harder to be a part of the security assignment, instead of participating in the affair. Nothing that could be changed now.

Finally his eyes came to Anniser. His sometimes friend and former rival for attention. At this point he was fairly certain they were vying for different accolades and possibly could actually figure out if they could be true friends or if the association would drift to nothing as he acted less and less and took on the bigger duties of being a Jedi.

“You look very nice tonight Anniser?” he asked as a question. In private he always used her real name, but in public she almost always insisted on being addressed by her stage name. Being back in the court of her Queen Maxir guessed she wouldn’t put up false pretenses. “This place is quite striking. Hopefully I give a good showing for your nobles and the senior Jedi in attendance.”

DU1iAhh6TPpNfSiIUxsxfiQEpY12k6Q6mTk3SyQbrpNBwI3Z9_itjv-D2UKc5bLOr_CHcl-kF2K5pRuHsKkZLKBs7w-vMBstW19RfZP1RtfyaLof8EN1GmA20htvP_xuIkBYZo_nQGMnuDVDJXgZw8D-Ks3UTLc_WEqdZY2yiD93RISzYJGu_gBLSQ

celestial-0000-element.png

H A P E S
Tag Nearby: Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic / Judah Lesan Judah Lesan
Topic of the Mind: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

celestial-0000-element.png

She wanted to pretend like she didn't notice. Baros Sal-Soren Baros Sal-Soren shouldn't have been on her radar and yet her internal compass ticked immediately in his direction. Cybelle hadn't seen him in years, and yet, it seemed that he had scarcely changed. She could see Brandyn's mother…Brandyn…Before they got lost in the crowd. Spinning dizzily in the arms of a man that held the empathy of a gnat wasn't helping matters. How did people deal with this?

"That would be a three percent return?"

Cybelle was trying with varying levels of difficulty to understand what it was that Lord Whalon was talking about. It seemed that he was aware that she had recently accessed her late parents' estates and had questions about her next steps with Elyance Industries. The company, even without singular oversight, apparently did very well for itself and provided a good portion of textiles to the cluster. The young Knight hadn't thought on it one way or the other.

She was a Jedi to the core. Worldly things like this—It wasn't in her wheelhouse.

"No, no dear girl. It's a two-point nine nine percent return. Do try and keep up.", Lord Whalon responded with a derisive snort while he led them through the steps of a common Hapan waltz. It became clear to him quickly that although his dance partner was quite fetching, she lacked the expected social graces and etiquette of the Court. She could puppet it well enough—But his eye was too keen. "If you're going to survive the climate here you must invest wisely. Know, your worth."

Whalon knew her worth. Down to the singular credit, actually. That fact alone made up for what she seemed to lack in general know-how. A diamond in the rough, perhaps. "You need guidance. A firm hand. Someone to control your accounts—"

Cybelle breathed in deeply and tried to form an adequate response but was spared by several things happening all at the same time. A distinguished and dark-haired gentleman seemed to lose his footing ( Judah Lesan Judah Lesan ) and dumped hot tea on the backside of her dance partner. To his credit, Lord Whalon didn't screech, but his back snapped straight and he immediately began to look for the culprit while cursing their name.

"T-The absolute indignity!"

He began gripping her hands a little too hard in his anger and the Knight pulled them free with an obvious tug that let her stumble back a few paces. "Lord Whalon—"

"Did you see? Who was it? I'll have their hide for this—Their whole line will suffer for this."

"Surely, it was accidental…"

"Don't be daft, woman. It was jealousy! This licentious crowd has no propriety. No respect for their betters. These people don't belong in the Palace and I will ensure that the Court hears of how I have been unduly targeted and mistreated. The perpetrator will be punished!", Whalon began to rant and Cybelle could only stare with ever-widening eyes while his attendants stepped forward to try and clean up the mess. She didn't understand what the fuss was. He didn't seem to be burned and it was just a spot of tea. "Security! I require security—I have been assaulted!"

"Lackadaisical fools—Why are they not doing the job our taxes pay them to do?! Insulting, insulting!"

Cybelle could feel a distinct sense of mortification settling in while she began to back away slowly. It was only the appearance and fanfare of the arrival of the Queen Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray that hid the altercation. There was very little more interesting in the room than the royal hosting the event. The auburn-haired Hapani felt her eyes drawn to the balcony and just like everyone else she endured a silent moment of awe. The woman was graceful, swathed in light, colors—Reminiscent of a butterfly.

She had only the briefest moment to see the Queen. To see her personal guard drift to her side. It was similar to the way Brandyn had appeared to her. Out of the blue—Exactly when she needed him.

Before she could overanalyze the events further or deal with the Banking Clan fiasco, she felt hands in her own and was once again swept onto the dance floor. Far, far away from the raging noble. Cybelle took in the flaxen-haired female with a critical eye. Her gown was a shade of crimson that was so blood-like that it made her blink. While Belle had taken a conservative approach this individual had seemingly been poured into her clothing as it fit her like a second skin. That, plus the interruption, meant confidence in spades.

Something Cybelle was currently lacking.

It was the conversation that followed that actually caused a finely arched eyebrow to raise.

…Look like she wasn't interested in men? Dawning came to Cybelle a moment too late and once again a light blush stole across her features. She hadn't been interested in Lord Whalon in the slightest but she supposed that onlookers wouldn't know that. Dancing with a woman may deter others but it also provoked a challenge. "You are quite fabulous.", Cybelle intoned after a moment while pressing on a good-natured smile. She would play along.

Especially, once she mentioned Brandyn. Cybelle didn't want to appear overly eager and chocolate eyes swept the marble floor. The colors of their gowns flew by in feathery swirls. They hadn't exactly hidden their encounter but the little Hapani was still confused as to why anyone would pay her any sort of mind. Brandyn did. But, Bran was different. "…I'm not so sure Jedi Sal-Soren would like that very much."

Ever of a practical mind. While everyone here should have been present for peace-related topics; that didn't mean they were all on good terms. It was prudent to be shrewd even if the taller woman had saved her from a very unpleasant encounter. Her smile was gracious, soft, and touched with an edge of gratitude while they moved through a lively waltz.

"My name is Cybelle. And you?"

44E9Puw.png

Objective: Have fun
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
Attire

div-orange.png

For a second Silas thought Thelma wasn't going to come, but soon enough a girl in an amazing dress began to approach him. The sight of Goth made his cheeks go red slightly, and even more when she complimented him and his suit "Thank you, you look beautiful in that dress" Silas smiled. happy that she had accepted his request to join him at the ball "And to be quite honest, without your help I probably wouldn't be so finely dressed" the chuckled as he stood in front of her.

"May I?" he said with an arched arm, hoping she'd give him the honor of walking her into the ball "We can get some drinks first and then see who's about. I know my master Valery Noble Valery Noble is here, and some of the other padawan so we won't be alone here by any means" In all honesty, this was the one time he didn't want to bump into Valery. His master seeing him with a girl was sure going to raise some teasing, especially with Iris Arani Iris Arani and Cailen Corso Cailen Corso who were probably not going to let it go.

Walking along with Thelma beside him, he made it to the bar and motioned the barman over to them "Water with ice please" he said politely, even though it was the most boring drink on offer "What do you want Thelma? preferably nothing alcoholic" he smirked, remembering the last ball he drank a bit more booze than he liked.

VEjqBGJ.png

Miri Nimdok Miri Nimdok & the group chatting over there. You know who you are.​

Gold lamé? What was he, a peasant? He did not say as much, however, as he was not wont to senseless impoliteness.

"Nimdok?" A slight pause, as if he was searching his memories rather than pulling information directly from the HoloNet. "Are you by chance related to the late archaeologist?" That part he actually did know on his own; he had a tangential interest in archaeology - if only to understand the cultural importance of items kept on display to showcase status and wealth. Items that some would (rudely) argue should be kept out of private collections.

"House Terassi of Serenno. I am surprised you have heard of us; with a few exceptions, we are not known for seeking the spotlight." He was one, but she did not know him - his late brother was the clearest example, but he had not advertised his familial affiliation. Best not to get too close to the Sith, it was unseemly.

Not that they had in any way privately rejected him - or failed to capitalise for political gain while the Empire lasted.

Aldric Laurent

A
Marissa was accompanied by the young man who had waved at Valery earlier, and Aldric regarded him with a nod, "I remember seeing you on Dorin. I don't believe we've made proper introductions. Aldric," He extended a hand to Jasper as well.

"I don't exactly have a reference for something like this," he remarked, "so I guess it is."

The agent chuckled once, "Me neither." He was perfectly aware that he was out of his element, and when Valery decided to comment on it as well, he just hummed knowingly. Jasper and Marissa were here as a couple, which wasn't quite what Aldric was expecting, but there were certainly stranger duos out there. No one in the group necessarily seemed at home in the environment, which was reassuring in a way.

Marissa made a comment on the planet in general, to which Aldric idly looked around, "I could do with a bit less daylight, but yeah, it is quite beautiful." Hapes' numerous celestial bodies reflected enough light that nighttime was significantly less dark than most would be accustomed to. Seeing as he was not Hapan, Aldric would probably be needed a few curtains to get some sleep tonight.

With introductions out of the way, Marissa and Jasper were off once again, "Good to meet you as well," He nodded, and once they were gone, turned back to Valery with a soft smirk, "Now, I believe we were in the middle of something?"

44E9Puw.png

Tags: Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Cailen Corso Cailen Corso
Attire

div-orange.png
Thelma beamed at Corazona's compliment. "Thank you. I saw it in the window and just had to have it."

When Silas offered similar praise of the dress, Thelma was more honest with him. "You're too kind. I made it this morning out of some old curtains."

Both statements were technically true, after all.

She took Silas' offered arm as he led them over to the bar, where she ordered a drink with an Atrisian name. "It's just soda, don't worry." Were they even old enough to drink?

The bartender set a glass of carbonated pink liquid in front of her. She took a sip, then asked, "What about dancing?"

Khala_2.png

Hapes2.png

Wearing | Hapes | Open

Even though it had been a few years since she inherited the throne, Kha'la still wasn't quite used to seeing so many faces turn her way whenever she made her appearance. Was it the kind of woman she was that made people look at her in awe, or was it simply the status she held? For now, she set aside the question and dipped her head to all those scattered about the hall. This was a night to remember with friends and allies, and not one to spend lost in somber thoughts

The voice of a familiar guard drew Kha'la out of her trance and snapped her green eyes onto Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren , whose compliment brought a smile to her lips. "It seems you've settled into the new role well," she said in response, as her eyes looked him over once, and her head dipped approvingly. Kha'la then gently pushed herself back from the railing and took the offered arm, so her descent down the stairs on her chosen heels wasn't as troublesome.

"Would you like us to accompany you, Ereneda?" her aide asked before the Queen's departure, but Kha'la shook her head and turned her gaze to Brandyn once more. "I am in good hands, but thank you. Enjoy this special night," she said before showing Brandy, her personal guard, that she was ready with another small gesture of her head.

Together, the two made their way down into the hall, where people of nobility quickly stepped aside, and even more faces turned to watch her. She greeted them all with a beautiful smile, but she had very little interest to talk to Hapan nobility. Instead, her emerald eyes searched for those who had traveled here from far away. Senators, Jedi, and even those who accompanied them. Those were the people she wished to share this night with.

HApes1.png

44E9Puw.png

Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
Attire

div-orange.png
"It's just soda, don't worry."
"I was going to say, it would be terribly unwise to get drunk at an event like this," he said in a more serious manner as the bartender slid over his water. Silas grasped the cup and took a long sip, listening to the idea of them dancing. The padawan wasn't any stranger to that, especially the number of dancing machines he and his mom played at the arcade. Although, doing it for real was going to be quite different.

"Dancing? I didn't think you were much of a groover" he said honestly with a grin before nodding to confirm his thoughts "But sure, we can do some dancing" placing his drink back on the counter, he stretched his hand out for her to take in order to guide her once again "Don't be disappointed if I fall flat on my face" the teen warned, unsure of how he'd be doing it on an actual dancefloor.

"And yes, I promise not to laugh if you do the same"

WEARING: xxx
TAG: Adrienne Keres Adrienne Keres | OPEN

He nodded.

“You will need to grow accustomed to that feeling without taking it for granted. That disgust you feel, harness it without letting it show.”

Alexander was always teaching, always guiding. For the moment they were not within earshot of the others, and his proximity to his apprentice allowed him to speak barely above a whisper. A small smile pulled at his lips knowing the emotion she was giving off all too well. There was enough of it to feed on in a sense, allowing the Sith to offer his own aid in masking their true nature and hiding their intentions.

It was a risky endeavor, but not without its reward. Should Alexander accomplish his designs true and ultimate power would be his. The path to it was not one many often took, but he was patient, able to lay in wait for the right moment to strike. Would Adrienne be as steady?

He led them toward the auction. Alexander did not care what they bought, just that they appeared to be benevolent. His funds would go toward whatever cause the Hapan’s were raising awareness for, and by being present Blackmoore would be attached to the positive press which would come from the evening’s charitable events. He planned to spend a significant sum to purchase the galaxy’s perception of him.

“If you see anything you like feel free to bid. Be generous, and win something.”

He did not feel the need to tell his apprentice to win, but Alexander wanted his instruction to be clear. If they did not spend any funds then the evening would be a failure.

“Sit us next to the one whom the press loves the most. It will make our activity more visible.”

"Are you by chance related to the late archaeologist?"

"Oh yes. Errik Nimdok was my father," she confirmed. "I am also something of an archaeologist, though nowhere near as prolific as him... yet."

Serenno being the seat of House Terassi only further intrigued her. "Perhaps someone in your family knew my father, or worked with him?" she suggested. "I often traveled with him, even when I was a child. I'm thinking I must've heard the name then..."

Justtemp.png

Wearing: xxx
Arm: xxx
Tag: Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn

Justice nearly burst out in laughter when Hollis asked her question. Even at a fancy gala and she already had her mouth stuffed with almost as much food as Justice was trying to get into his. It was just one example of the small things about Hollis that made Justice love her as much as he did. They made her normal. Justice felt he could be himself with her, and not have to be anyone else other than who he was. She loved his quirks as much as he loved hers, and it made them perfect for one another.

He frowned a bit at the mention of the sith.

“Yes, you did.”

It was the reminder that their relationship was not normal. Maybe it was normal for Jedi, but it was also why Justice had rarely seen Jedi dating other Jedi, or at least seeing evidence of couples that made it a lifetime. He tried to not let the idea bother him. Hollis was going to be a fighter, she was going to be a warrior. Her path would lead her into more danger than the young Jedi himself had ever faced.

“I have no doubt you could take her, but hopefully we can avoid causing an intergalactic incident tonight.”

Justice chuckled about the same time Hollis pointed out that his uncle was there. He shrugged.

“He didn’t tell me he was coming when I mentioned it. Must not want to make a big deal about it.”

His eyes floated over to a familiar face, Master Valery Noble Valery Noble . He nodded toward her, unsure if she saw him or not. They had not seen much of each other since he stopped spending time with the rest of the padawans. Much had happened in his life being among that particular group, unfortunately most of it had not been for the better. He watched as the dance floor began to fill up with even more participants, and taking Hollis’ hand he motioned his head toward it.

“I do not think we have actually danced together yet. Shall we?”

solbar.png

Nearby Tag: Judah Lesan Judah Lesan + {O P E N}
Distant Tag: Aiden Porte Aiden Porte
Wearing: XOXO

<<If you wish it, little dove.>>

The response that she gave to Aiden Porte Aiden Porte came easily and without hesitation. She would visit him if he desired but Solenne would not sully his efforts to stand on his own two feet with her presence. Let none say that he could not handle his own without a Master looking over his shoulder. Even if—That was exactly what she was doing. Not simply for Aiden but for all of the young Padawan Learners present. This was to be an evening of peace. Force willing, stars aligned, Solenne aimed for it to stay that way. But for the sake of their students…She had not directly, volunteered.

Solenne would only interfere if something went wrong.

Still. She was a little closer to Jedi Porte than many of the others and his general well-being was among many of the concerns that lingered in the back of her mind. The event itself left her with a distinct sense of unease. From what she understood about the New Way she didn't expect such a passionate organization to simply go off quietly into the night. They wanted to be heard. Right or wrong—They had something to say. Despite her wishful heart, she had a distinct sense that they weren't done speaking yet. Weren't done screaming, yet.

An elegant neck inclined toward Valery Noble Valery Noble while she watched the crowd with easy, pale interest. She was neither too focused nor too distant. It was good to see the Sword out and about though they hadn't spent an undo amount of time together after their initial meeting. Solenne thought kindly of her—And her contentment was a well-worn sight.

She didn't miss some sort of commotion on the dance floor but some of it was hidden through the varying couples twirling in time to the music. Solenne couldn't catch the words—but a member of the elite was sincerely displeased with a particular turn of events. Hazel orbs noted the dark stain on what she assumed to be very expensive attire and her delicate head shook slowly. Some Jedi, it seemed, couldn't leave well enough alone.

Or—More accurately, never grew up.

The culprit of the tea fiasco seemed drawn toward her like a lunar moth chasing a flickering light. Her force-signature was still buried, hidden among the masses, but some were intelligent enough to pick up on it regardless. Her dress, demeanor, and the inherent sense of serenity that surrounded her every breath hearkened more to the Jedi than a visible lightsaber would have. Was she covert? Not quite. Sol simply wasn't announcing what she was to allow a certain level of ease among the unenlightened. An individual swallowed by malevolent designs would think twice before acting with an obvious Jedi standing beside them. They would be more cautious.

Were it a civilian in that scenario?

Perhaps…They might feel emboldened. Arrogant. Enough to make a misstep. Enough, that their plans might be foiled before they began with the smallest move. The most minuscule act.

"Well met…", Solenne responded to the elder individual with a respectful bow of her head. Obedient eyes swept the front of his robes, though, she left the greeting at that. Were they in the temple she would have shown further respect. But for now…She wanted to appear at the very least, uninitiated, and ignorant of Jedi customs to the general observer. "Master Lesan."

The edges of her robes pulled across the smooth marble like a creature of legend, a fairy, of the feywild. She fit in with many of the nobility on appearance alone. She was not adorned with jewels in the slightest but there was something regal about her carriage and bearing. Her clothing was not overly ornamental, but it seemed to be exceedingly well made. Solenne smiled at her fellow Jedi and slowly backed away toward the barren refreshment table. Should he wish to speak?

Better there—Than on the crowded fringes of the dance floor.

With grace befitting a little sovereign she took the empty tea cup from his hand and set it on the table before replacing it with a fresh goblet of sparkling juice. It wasn't alcoholic—But it was better than holding the evidence of scandal still. Only then, relatively secluded, would she take his hand.

"…Solenne Abraxas."

He likely had seen her around the Temple on Coruscant. She had a passion for teaching the next generation and oft picked up lessons when the space was available. "Alas, we have not had the pleasure…But I can see that you've been enjoying yourself thus far.", her words were soft and melodic, though, it lacked any sense of scolding. Instead, her expression was full of light. Indulgent.

Almost as if he were one of her younglings. Her patience for their growth and their inherent shenanigans was everlasting. Thus far—Judah Lesan had much in common with them.

They were all children.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom