Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Hapes Charity Gala [Jedi and allies]

Emberlyn Rekali

E

44E9Puw.png

New-Project.png

Outfit: XoXo
@Open | Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren
w5LZSSK.png

Late.

She was never good at time management. A flaw at the core of her person. She rushed up the staircases and through the heavily decorated corridors, delicately painted fingernails gripping the fabric of her dress. She would slow as she came upon the security corridor, releasing her dress and taking on a more appropriate pace. She cleared her throat softly and brushed her wristlet over the security pad.

The guard would examine the datapad as it skimmed through the list of invited guests and a few moments of awkward silence would ensue as Emberlyn shifted softly, waiting to pass through the security scanners. The guard nodded as his pad dinged softly, gesturing for her to move through and through she went. She kept her composure as she walked through, attempting not to hurry as she knew she was beyond late. She could only hope she hadn't missed her chance to meet the Queen. The doors would be opened by service droids and in she would walk, calmly and cooly.

And by the looks of it all, she had arrived at a good moment? She couldn't be sure, but what she was sure of - she was famished. After the flight from Nar Shaddaa, she hadn't taken much time to eat. She squeezed in a quick ration pack and some protein gel but nothing sustanable. With a grimace and shift in her direction, she headed straight for the hors d'oeuvres and drinks.

She wasn't anyone special, she could manage to sneak in a drink and some food before she was put into a social situation....right?

She could only hope.

Last edited by a moderator:

hAvaJgS.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Wearing:
Equipment:
Tag: Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance Velda Nar-Donna Velda Nar-Donna Kha'la Daaray Kha'la Daaray Emberlyn Rekali Teyla Sal-Soren Teyla Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren

"Brandyn, wait!"

"I-"

"I'm here...when you need me, I'm here."

Brandyn was stunned by Briana's sudden appearance. He had apparently been so focused on his thoughts that he had missed her approach entirely. He was fading. Failing at his job of being alert and attentive. He looked at Briana before departing up the stairs with the Queen. "Make sure mother is safe," he said. The absence of concern for his father's safety may or may not have been readily apparent. The look he gave her beyond that said far more. It's not over yet.

The Queen's address was short and respectful. As suspected, and previously discussed, the Queen aligned herself with the attacked on Coruscant and endeavored to continue the gala in honour of the people affected. The authorities on Coruscant had things in hand. Those willing to stay could take part in a considerably more somber party atmosphere, but it would continue nonetheless. To cancel the event would provide The New Way with another victory, however small it may be. Hapes would not be intimidated.

Brandyn was busy trying to piece everything together, but the overwhelming nature of what was transpiring on Coruscant and the connection directly to his family, it was no small thing to just take on board.

<<…I see you…>>

Cybelle's appearance in his thoughts felt sudden, unexpected. Brandyn jumped just a little in the moment he heard her mind speak to his. Having been so lost in his own thoughts, she had some how found a way to cut through the white noise of all the emotions emanating from others around him. He all at once felt comforted but also laid bare. Had his face and aura really betrayed so much of the turmoil? He guessed it so.

The reassurance of having both his sister and Cybelle seeing his need for consolation was indeed heartening. Despite the encouragement, Brandyn did steal his mind to do better.

Of specific note, was a newcomer to the Gala. Someone this late, and walking in after such horrid news did seem a little out of place. Many guests were leaving and one woman, for some reason, was just arriving. With a quick word to a nearby guard, Brandyn's space at the bottom of the stairs was filled. He walked out into the throng of people seeking to depart from the Gala, and made his way against the flow.

Briefly, he caught his sister's eye, and then Cybelle's. A nod of gratitude was offered to both, with a lingering gaze falling on the latter as he wished more than anything for the night to end in her arms.

Pulling alongside the newcomer, an attractive young woman, one of many at the event, he took her gently by the arm. "Hapan Security miss," he said in as non-invasive a tone as possible, "wondering if you could answer a few questions for me before continuing on into the party?" [ Emberlyn Rekali ]

Amanda braska Maxir Vancil Thelma Goth Thelma Goth Giselle von Ascania Giselle von Ascania Cailen Corso Cailen Corso Aiden Porte Aiden Porte Valery Noble Valery Noble Alicio Organa Alicio Organa Desric Terassi Desric Terassi Aldric Laurent Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania Amani Serys Amani Serys Anniser Dannstac Adrienne Keres Adrienne Keres Seva Geroux Seva Geroux Solenne Abraxas Solenne Abraxas Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Judah Lesan Jr. Judah Lesan Jr. Hollis Orenn Hollis Orenn Lossa Darcuhl Lossa Darcuhl Silas Westgard Silas Westgard Maeve Linahan Maeve Linahan Luric Ee'everwest Luric Ee'everwest Marissa Shoda Marissa Shoda Kat Decoria Kat Decoria Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic Iris Arani Iris Arani Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el Sinara Thorne Sinara Thorne Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Lónan Lodral Lónan Lodral

I think I got everyone. I realize this is thread necromancy for everyone, but if there is unfinished business in this thread, you can now proceed. Apologies for me being so late to get this moving again. The Queen has spoken, and will fade into the background as a character in this thread. She is there, but not interacting directly with player characters.

I am planning more stuff with The New Way at some point soon if you are interested. Let me know.

DivSilver.png

Hapes-Gala-Header01-1.png

HAPES CHARITY GALA
A Star Wars Story

GAPostBreaker.png

Tags: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania
Objective #3: Watch and wait
Soundtrack: Wicked Eyes and Wicked Hearts
Appearance: X

hAvaJgS.png

All eyes were on the Queen as she addressed the partygoers. It was concise, deliberate, and defiant. Were the room full of Alliance armsmen instead of nobles, he would have expected a roar of cheers and applause. Instead, the somber party continued on. The atmosphere was hopeful, more so than when the news first spread throughout the gala at least, but things were still undeniably heavy.

Cailen turned to Cora, his stature less poise and dutiful than when they’d first arrived. Truthfully, he was ready to leave, retreat to his temporary quarters in the palace and try to take his mind off the attack. But so long as guests lingered about, he would stay by Cora’s side and do his best to keep things cheerful.

He gave her a reassuring smile, the gesture more for his own sake than hers.

“We’ll sort this out,” he said.

“The Jedi always do.”

FINAL POST

Emberlyn Rekali

E

At to be this late and not even realize - the main event was over.

Emberlyn blinked a few times, looked around at the various patrons and guests mingling, leaving and otherwise attending to other business - than the Gala. She chuckled softly to herself, cheeks flushing a bit red as she attempt to turn away and slide out with a with a small crowd...only to be held in place briefly, by a firm hand. She felt the hand grip her upper arm, firm yet not painful. Emberlyn blinked as the man spoke to her, he was kind in tone but concern lingered behind his voice.

"Hapan Security miss, wondering if you could answer a few questions for me before continuing on into the party?"

She cleared her throat. "Oh? Sure." Her face was bristling red at this point, as a few attendees noticed the interaction and whispered. She offered a gentle, faked smile as they passed. She would gently attempt to pull her arm away. "If you would be so kind as to let me go, I'd be more than happy to answer you."

She could feel him at her side, but dared not make eye contact with him. She continued to gaze forward, almost pretending he wasn't even there with him.

Was it cause she was late?!

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Wearing: Hapan Security Uniform
Tag: Emberlyn Rekali Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren

"If it is saving face that concerns you, play this off as friends talking quietly at a party," Brandyn said, trademarked smirk signifying he was not letting go.

He did, though, offer his hand so as to make it look a little more natural.
"Or perhaps you would prefer to come to the security office so that we can discuss your late arrival...given the circumstances..."

He inclined his head towards the offered hand. As suspected, the newcomer was slightly resistant to his interrogations, but that could be for any number of reasons. It was better for them both that he understand why it was sooner, rather than later.

"Your name, please? Reason for the lateness...of your arrival? You are aware...that the evening has not gone as planned, right?"

DivSilver.png

Emberlyn Rekali

E

"If it is saving face that concerns you, play this off as friends talking quietly at a party,"

Emberlyn smirked slightly, snorted and finally turned her face to gaze upon her "captor", and she was slightly surprised. In the brief moment that she made eye contact before eyeing him up and down - she gathered he wasn't bad looking, but that was besides the point. She got the hint that he wasn't going to leave her side anytime soon, much less, let go of her arm.

"Or perhaps you would prefer to come to the security office so that we can discuss your late arrival...given the circumstances..." He said.

She blinked a few times as he shifted and offered his hand, to her own surprise, she took without a thought. She'd listen as he continued to speak, her gaze returning to match his own as he inclined his head. She felt him through the Force, and she would ensure he felt her presence through the Force as well, clearly sensitive enough to trigger some type of response or emotion - but then again, she wasn't sure. He could have extensive training, masking his own Force signature...

And she just fed him her own signature - without thinking. She'd grimace internally, not knowing why or what she intended to convey with the back and forth Force signatures.

"Your name, please? Reason for the lateness...of your arrival? You are aware...that the evening has not gone as planned, right?"

"Ballsy." She thought to herself, as she brought her other hand down to pat the top of his hand.

"My name is Emberlyn, Emberlyn Rekali." She said without missing a beat and as she took upon the second question in her mind, she turned to him, fully facing him. Her tone shifted slightly, noting a slight annoyance. "I believe my business is my own, as to why I am late." Adjusting her posture and almost appearing defiant. "Oh, I am well aware, I imagine though, that you would have had it planned differently?" She said bluntly before gently pulling both hands away, hoping he wouldn't snag them back or refuse to allow her to retreat. With a free hand now, she gestured to the droid holding a datapad nearby. "I was invited..." She would neglect to mention her defunct affiliations and familial connections as the Hapans wouldn't care.

She was on their turf.

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Tag: Emberlyn Rekali Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance

Head askance, Brandyn felt her presence through the Force. Jedi? Possibly. He didn't recognize her. But then there were so many Jedi that he couldn't possibly recognize them all. Not even Master Noble could do that, surely. His eyes narrowed as he took in the defiance in her tone and posture. The interaction was continuing to draw attention, with more whispers between nearby patrons. Brandyn felt his jaw shift to the right, then the left, just avoiding the annoying grating sound that could have come from teeth grinding.

"Rekali?" He said upon fully taking in the name. That was a name he had heard, whispered among the other young padawan as they told stories in the dormitory wings at first admission to the Temple.

Jedi, if she truly is who she says she is.

Brandyn took the datapad into hand quickly and scanned through the information on the database.
"We had planned for an eventuality like the attack on Coruscant," he said, tone clipped with annoyance, "but as you can imagine...everyone is a little on edge at the moment."

He found the name, Rekali E., and tapped to the left bringing up her information and image. Below her name was a very clear affiliation signifier, the Jedi crest. A deep shade of red pulled down his face like a curtain that he wished could close him off to the world. His embarrassment only allowing the emotion of the nights events to resurface in full. He failed to prevent the flood of emotion from rolling out through his Force presence. It caused not a few nearby Jedi to glance his way. Again, it only intensified his embarrassment.

At least she didn't know his name. Brandyn glanced about for Cybelle, or Briana. Neither seemed immediately present, and as such he looked back at the clearly unimpressed Miss Rekali.

"Apologies. As I said...we are a little on edge tonight."

With that, he tipped his head and turned to find his way back to his station.

DivSilver.png

Emberlyn Rekali

E

"Rekali?" He said.

She watched as he glanced through the datapad, and continued to speak. "We had planned for an eventuality like the attack on Coruscant, but as you can imagine...everyone is a little on edge at the moment."

"Yes, Rekali, Emberlyn."
She smirked slightly as she watched the mad scramble begin to happen. The look upon his face as he snatched the datapad with an attempt to find something amiss - only to turn eight shades of red. She continued to watch, bemused and entertained until she felt him through the Force. The rapid shift of emotions, the flushing of his face, the rise of his blood pressure - the harsh beating of his heart. And without a word, she would reach through the Force and compel compassion, understanding and patience, attempting to soothe him...until he finally spoke again.

"Oh...?" She replied, perking up further. "So..." But before she could ask, he would apologize and dismiss himself, which immediately disappointed Emberlyn to such an extent she actually reached out and grabbed his fleeing hand and dropped the attempts to soothe him.

"Yeah, not so fast Ace...." She'd offer a soft tug towards her person, attempting to turn him back around to face her.

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance Velda Nar-Donna Velda Nar-Donna Emberlyn Rekali

It wasn't the soft tug that drew his turn back towards Rekali, but the initial contact. He turned, and in the heat of his emotion he grabbed her hand. This time it was gentle, it was not an offer of saving face. No, he grabbed her hand and twisted it quickly, pinning it backwards at an awkward angle for half a moment.

Nostrils flared. Eyes narrowed on his target. The emotion of the nights events coursed through his form in a moment of impassioned action.

"Don't..."

Then impact of his clearly darker turn came suddenly rushing in. His eyes darted to and fro about the room. Some had quickly noticed the Hapan Royal Guard's handling of the young woman. He had relinquished her hand even before he had the chance to look back at Emberlyn.

Chills crept slowly up his spine.

This was wrong.

He had crossed a line.

This was worse that embarrassment. This was ignominy.

Even as he apologized, again, he could not make eye contact with his fellow Jedi. "Apologies. For my mistakes. I must be about my assignment for the night. Please enjoy the party."

Backing away into the crowd, he did not turn again until there were a few bodies between he and Emberlyn. This night needed to end, and end quickly.

DivSilver.png

Emberlyn Rekali

E

rogue-one-concept-art1.jpg

New-Project.png

Outfit: XoXo
@Some jerk!
w5LZSSK.png

Violet eyes pierced the brown orbs that stared at her with an underlying distaste for whatever she had done. Confusion took over, following by a brief wince and then anger. The young Jedi Knight wasn't that naïve, she understood pain and aggression. Her free hand grabbed her throbbing wrist, as she took a step back, and attempted to regain her composure. She felt the darkness ooze from deep within the recesses of his Force signature. She could see his literal figure and tiny cracks were seeping with blackened hate.

The fallacy in the belief that his apology was genuine...

The audacity for him to exist in this very moment..

Without so much of a rightful apology!?

Without a gesture of any kind!?

The bodies and distance wouldn't save Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren from getting what was coming to him. Emberlyn adjusted herself with poise, despite the pain in her wrist, and moved to follow him. Her pace was much steadier, and the crowd would part upon hearing the stern, fast clicking of the heels of a pissed off woman.

"Hey, Ace!" She would call out, approaching him from behind.

Brandyn would turn to face Emberlyn and she would deliver her message - loud and clear.

Her face turned to disgust as she brought her hand back and slapped the ever-living bantha poodoo out of him. The sound that reverberated in the immediate area was enough to make those around them cringe in pain, and the echoing was enough to silence a portion of the room. Emberlyn would regain her composure, attempting to fight back tears as the throbbing in her wrist turned into pain after slapping him with such force.

"Don't ever, ever, do that again." She said coldly, staring at him for a moment before turning and excusing herself to the crowd of onlookers. "My apologies." She said nothing more, quietly walking through the parting crowd.

FINAL POST

BranPrfo5.png

DivSilver.png

BranProf4.png
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Blaire Sal-Soren Velda Nar-Donna Velda Nar-Donna Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance Emberlyn Rekali

Incoming.

It hurt. Boy, did it hurt. He felt the sting across his cheeks only a moment after the sting to his ego. Even as his head was bouncing back to its starting location, his hand was already rubbing his cheek. He probably said something, but he couldn't remember. And he didn't care. If it was offensive, it was offensive. Right now he was just mad.

Brandyn opened his mouth. It hurt to do so. Instead of issuing forth the intended retort, he just said,
"OW."

"If I ever have to see you again, I will slap myself for my stupidity..."

The glances. The whispers. It was all too much. Brandyn needed air, and that was exactly what he intended to get.

Later that evening

The night had been long for far to many reasons. The job kept him tied here. If not he might have considered leaving. But there was something else that tied him to the palace. Cybelle.

On one of his patrols, he had caught a glimpse of her propped up in a chair in the corner of the hall. At first, he had been worried for her well being. Given everything that had happened, it seemed almost fitting that Cybelle would suffer some shock illness or something. But upon further inspection he had discovered she was merely asleep. To say it brought a smile to his face was an understatement. It put a smile into the corner of his mouth for the rest of the night. She was just...delightful.

His patrols had oddly taken him by the spot throughout the last hour of the evenings events. After passing on information to the over night security detail, Brandyn finally found him relieved of duty, and on his haunches before his Cybelle. He just watched for a few moments. Studying her features. Her smooshed cheek that was pressed against the hand she had used for a pillow. She was everything this place was not. Pure. Wholesome. Virtuous.

He stood, and for a moment played a game with his arms where he was trying to figure out the best configuration for what came next. How would he pick her up? He rotated to the left, one arm up around where he neck might be. Not quite. Perhaps he could lean back enough so her head would rest against his chest. It was an interesting conundrum. Despite his tiredness it was a welcome distraction from everything else. Finally he settled on a method.

One arm looped underneath her knees, and the other underneath her arm, which he draped over his shoulder, and then up he stood. There was a slight stir, and for a moment he wondered if she was pretending. The soft rattly breathing of an almost-snore gave away that she wasn't, and almost made him laugh out loud. A stifled chuckle was all he allowed.

Her head found its resting place against his shoulder, and Brandyn began the trip back to her temporary quarters. A distance...he realized later...that he had vastly underestimated.

| FINAL POST |

DivSilver.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom