Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Question Had a good MFO chat. But apparently they all want a Map Wipe...?

Should we wipe the map

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i like yo moxie, a tad more aggressive than the conversation warrants, but I agree with the overall message.

I have no doubt people have ulterior motives but like, who cares. I’ve been surrounded by people pushing their agendas since day one, it never matters. The toxic types always end up having an empty feeling of “what now” even when the majority of the forum and my best advisors argue I threw them a bone. There’s never a plan, and people realize how very little those agendas matter in the end. Time ends up eroding most of it, and Staff kicks out the rest.

The real cake is what we decide to do as a community with the options in front of us.
Aggressive? Yeah. Part of just who I am. I'll tone it down a bit.

It gets to me when we have had previous discussions on a Map wipe, and the same points are brought up about it. People are afraid of change and scared of what will come of it. They are worried it will be bad, and cause problems. When in truth, trying something new, is something that needs to be done. New job, new car, new house. Having to live on your own and out from under the safety net of family.

If people can do those things, and survive, and thrive, then why is it such a big deal on a website on the internet?

As you say, its the community that has to decide at the end of the day. So of course there are going to be a majority, and a minority of people on either side of the debate of a Map wipe. You can look at "Similar threads" and it shows that we have had this discussion twice last year in 2020 alone. And I know for a fact this debate had been up before then.

The Map wipe isn't to "Remove characters, and to get rid of all you have worked for." Its about removing stale, moldy and unused assets that are sitting there without story being done.

Chaos is like a bush. If you let it sit there, it will eventually die. But if you water it, trim the bad portions, then it will continue to grow and thrive. It may look ugly with those "Cut limbs" or the missing parts. But they grow back and do so with a much more vibrant color, and for the better health of the plant.

The Map game, is but ONE branch of the Chaos Bush that needs to be trimmed every so often to make sure that it doesn't kill the rest of the bush/site.

Aggressive? Yeah. Part of just who I am.

I think in this context, it's less a personality trait and more of a "like, nobody is throwing around that energy right now, why are you so focused on this rn". I agree with some of your points but the biggest problem I have with "the aggressiveness" is ain't nobody lookin for a fight in this thread lmao, people just sayin' how they feel about the topic.

Most people came with talking sticks and left, you came in with boxing gloves. Ain't no enemies in here man, ain't no fite to win, you're among friends here who maybe have some different ideas on how they see the community.

Ain't no enemies in here man, ain't no fite to win, you're among friends here who maybe have some different ideas on how they see the community.
Lol, Tefka Reading me out here like a book in part.

I do tend to over do it. A lot of my life has been ruled by how I need to attack it head on with "Boxing gloves" I am rather aggressive with my life in how I operate and work. It tends to show up on here, or in chats. But yeah. The community is friendly for the most part, and the ideas that people have are respected. I understand where they come from and the thought process it takes to reach the conclusion they have. (Sometimes)

I have just a Mad addictive tendency with this site. Every time I leave, I have to come back at some point. "The Heart grows fonder with distance" kind of crap. Being here since 2013 has been something for me that I have learned, grown, and come to respect many who are here. So I have an unhealthy attachment to the site. I want what is best for Chaos even if that means that I might one day be that branch that needs to be cut or trimmed.

Taking it personally, when I shouldn't.

The site is a big deal to me just as much as anyone else here might feel the same way.

You are right. Coming at this too hard for something where there isn't an argument.

I agree with Ignatius Ignatius but with less a blaze. He's not wrong at all though.

But right now? I don't see a need for a map wipe. Specially after a very large group just left like the Brynadul who gets autocorrected as sinus medicine apparently lol.

Right now, I'd like to see not changes but additions to Chaos. The map game seems still in the middle of it's freshness, something. But I also can't think of anything worth adding to the site that wouldn't just be a biased amusement rather than an idea that made the community as a whole equally joyful for it. Or happy...joyful is kinda a strong term. Either way, I agree, we should stop being scared Everytime this is brought up, and instead discuss when we all feel is an appropriate time.

Nothing about our characters and their toys are lost or changed when this happens...except that our poor characters are trapped in limbo, forever having to endure the realities we press upon them like the gods we play mwahahahahahahhaa

why is it called a pineapple

I get that it kinda looks like a pine cone but it doesn't taste like apple at all? and the texture has more in common with a lemon than an apple

rich people in the 1400s be trippin'

Time for the Australians two cents. And I say this, no. Not at this time at least.

what Chaos has going at the moment is one of the comfiest wars going on with the Great Hyperspace Conflict. You’ve got the Maw, who are acing it as antagonists, and a lot of development in that arc. What with the sacking of Coruscant, and a fresh Maw offensive.

Maybe you’d have my vote if there was no juicy IC goodness being milked. But that’s not the case. There’s some absolute kino being written. And it would be a damned shame if we just blew it all up.
I wholeheartedly agree with this sentiment. I am not opposed to a wipe in the future, but right now there's a ton of great material being produced with the map as is. The map is far from stagnant rn, and with the Bryn no longer present in the map game, there's a ton of space for new factions to stake their claim in. I just don't see how a map wipe would serve the site at this moment. That being said, maybe it will in the future, who knows? Just not right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom