Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Greedy Squabbling Delegates | Galactic Alliance Senate

gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

daaefaa9dc5ce91a51b98195d768227f.gif

The bright sun was just beginning to cut through the haze that hung low over Coruscant's upper level when the Galactic Alliance Senators began arriving at the massive dome that dominated the federal district's skyline. A seemingly typical day in the life of galactic politics: a hazy day, an early morning legislative session, and hundreds of tired senators milling around at a leisurely pace as they awaited the familiar chime that called them to the assembly chamber.
BIN BONG!
A cluster of luxurious robes pressed themselves through the narrow channels that led into the Senate's cavernous auditorium. Though very few Senators were within earshot of each other as they entered their pods, the sound of murmuring grew to a dull roar until the circular panel far below them hissed open and the Chancellor's podium rose into the air. A respectful silence cut the bulk of the noise, but ripples of talking continued to vibrate through the room while Adhira Chandra and Aerarii Tithe continued to consult with one another.

afixHM.gif

The Chancellor seemed to finish speaking to her deputy and gave him a withering look as she stood to address the Senators. A far more noticeable silence fell over the room as her microphone switched on, amplifying her voice several magnitudes above everyone else. "Honorable Senators," she began, staring intently down at the bright screen that comprised her lectern, "I call this session of the Galactic Alliance Senate to order! Our first... and only matter of business today is the recent transpiring of troubling events and distressing reports about the activities of some of our members. Democracy is a fragile thing and in every democracy, there is room for corruption and crime to flourish, if those who hold the reins of power do not keep it in check."
"Democracy itself is threatened only when its most crucial protectors are allowed to go undeterred by the very laws they purport to serve," her tone was severe, "I have tasked Vice Chancellor Aerarii Tithe with the arduous task of rooting out corruption in the Senate and, with the consent of the Rules Committee, have granted him investigative authority in this matter."
"Vice Chancellor?" Adhira turned to look at the man to her left and then motioned that it was time for him to speak.

ALLIES: Alliance Senators

wsL0bBY.png

Aerarii looked out over the assembled Senates and took stock as the Chancellor’s Podium ascended toward the centre of the Grand Convocation Chamber. His outwardly flashy appearance masked his utter exhaustion. Preparations for the meeting had consumed almost every waking hour over the last week, and last night had consumed many hours he should have spent sleeping.

While the hours of his staff had been devoted to the investigation into the Xa Feel incident, Tithe’s time had largely been spent preparing for his short speech. His panic attack on Tiss’sharl had shaken the Aargauun confidence to his core. It would not due for the Vice Chancellor to have a public breakdown in full view of the Alliance’s Senate.

The meeting was brought to order by the Chancellor, who invited Tithe to speak. He took a second to run through the calming mantras he’d been taught to keep his stress under check.

“Thank you, Madame Chancellor,” he replied.

“My office has undertaken a preliminary review of the lamentable events which unfolded above Xa Fel.” Tithe transmitted a copy of the report to each Senatorial pod. “I thank the Member for Byss for their abetment in these enquires.” The report noted that Senator Vosh-Sularen had known about his cousin’s plans to seize the Xa Fel shipyards and that he hadn’t taken appropriate steps to inform the Minister of Defence of the GADF of the impending attack. His official punishment remained the one-hour ejection from the Senate which Tithe had issued during the Xa Fel session.

Of course, there were dozens of avenues through which the Senate and the wider Alliance could take action against the Senator and the Byss government. It would now be in the hands of his colleagues to decide on their next steps.

Before I move for the report to be tabled, ah, yes, I'll open the floor to exposition.

Last edited:
Exposition? What was there to say? Of course, it was troubling that the senate had finally decided to look into the corruption of its senators after the events of Lannik's assassination attempt and the scandal with the slavery ring headed by one of their own senators it was a wonder that it took an assault on a potential military and economic asset that had thrown the Chancellor and her lapdog Tithe into gear. He would have to move more carefully future. It would be good to tell his Master that the Alliance would have eyes in the Deep Core where some of their forces had been hiding and training, smuggled there by Kaito himself.

He wondered though...What could he really say to fan the flames and put more pressure on Byss? As had become the norm since his disfigurement Kaito did not speak when he asked for the floor but instead used the slightly more official method and tapped the "Floor" button on his pod indicating that he wished to take the floor. His pod hovered into speaking position.

"My fellow Senators," he began, his voice raspy even with the voice modulator in his helmet, "Corellia is glad that we are finally taking the time to look into the blatant and dangerous corruption running rampant in the Byss system. I'm sure I am not alone when I say how relieved I am that the full measure of the law is being brought to bear on the little empire growing in the Deep Core." He looked pointedly to the Byss seat. "But do we have a guarantee that during these investigations Byss will be properly restrained? They have made several attempts at military subjugation of systems outside of their space and while the Corellian Confederation is more than strong enough to beat back a Byss incursion what of our newer and more vulnerable worlds like Jakku or the unstable worlds in the Botor Sector? Will we see a proper military blockade of the system?"

"Senators, Chancellor." Julius Loghain interjected immediately after his Corellian colleague. "Kuat echoes Corellia's concerns on the rampant, naked corruption that has transpired before our very eyes." he stated. The events that unfolded on Xa Fel had severely disrupted Kuati interested - after all it was a major supplier to Kuat Drive Yards, clearly his homeworld's trump card and on which the prosperity of his people lied upon.

After failing to secure a majority for a full membership for Jakku to exploit, along with the strike on Xa Fel, the Lord-Regent, and by extension Kuat, were losing their positions.

It was time for swift retribution.

"The events of Xa Fel had struck at the heart of Kuati interests, at the heart of my people." Julius said. "There is a growing notion at home that the Alliance is incapable, or rather unwilling, to solve issues impairing key, contributing states. That we pay, that we provide only to be spat on our face and receive nothing in return." a slight blaze grew in his voice. "Should there be no retribution of the guilty actors, I am afraid we will have to reconsider our commitment."

"Especially that of Kuat Drive Yards."

The warning was clear.

Kuat will no longer be pushed into a corner by the ambitions of sycophants.

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Maou Maou

The Lord-Imperator marched through the halls of the Grand Covocation Chamber headed towards the Repulsorpod of the Byss Delegation , flanked by two Crimson Guardians. Project Warlock was nearly complete with the militrization of the Beshqek System and subsequent forficiation of Byss due to be completed within a few days. However the Xa Fel Incident threatened all of that. What was supposed to be a simple hostile takeover of a Shipyard owned by the N&Z Umbrella Corporation now turned into a crisis , one Sularen had to defuse himself.

Sularen entered the Covocation Chamber arriving at the Repulsorpod designated for the Delegation of Byss where Senator Vosh-Sularen already awaited him. As he sat down he listened at how Chancellor began the session regarding corruption within the Senate with the Vice-Chancellor first pointing out to the Xa Fel Incident first. Already Sulaen wasn't happy to be here , he would have rather overseen the official formation of the Beshqek System Defense Force but now he had to deal with this.

Then Senator Kiyoshi and the Lord-Regent of Kuat spoke up , saying exactly what Sularen expected. Demanding that Byss be blockaded , that Byss be punished , yet these two planets were more closer to Imperialism and Corrupt then Byss itself. Of-course the Alliance's most powerful and influencial would target him because of how profitible his downfall could be , but Sularen wasn't going to let them win that easily. No , he was going to fight to the end this time.

Then Sularen turned to a
Politorate Officer who was present at the meeting and whispered in an angered tone "Add Corellia and Kuat to the Politorate's Blacklist and Potential Targets for the Hand of Purification once it becomes active. I don't even know why i thought those planets could be potential allies with Kiyoshi and Loghain around. I'll ensure they regret what they have said today" then Sularen activated his repulsorpod and moved it forward to make his statement.

"Thank you Senator Kiyoshi and Lord-Regent. However i must remind you that the attack was prepetrated by SularenCo and not Byss as stated earlier by Senator Vosh in a preivious session." Sularen said in an Aggressive tone. "In addition , i must state that we haven't launched any militrary incursions in the Core Worlds and that the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek is completly innocent if you SIMPLTONS took the time to look further in this matter."

"Instead of throwing accusations and demanding retributions like the karking greedy pigs you are i suggest you be more civilized and seek a more diplomatic solution to this issue and i must further add that to call the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek is an understatement and a idoitic one. We have long supported the Alliance and helped you repel an Eternal Imperial Offensive at Byss , repel an attack by the Lords of the Sith at Alderaan and I even PERSONALLY attended at the talks at Tiss`sharl against the Sith. SO WHAT THE KARK DO YOU WANT FROM ME!!!"

"Look at Lord-Regent Loghain. He calls me Corrupt and thinks that just because Kuat is a key contributor to the Alliance war effort , it means that his words , his voice is louder then mine , that Kuat is more impotant then Byss. But i must remind everyone that we are equals in this Chamber and that he is no better then me being the Self-Serving DESPOTIC MOTHERKARKER he is. He only act in his self interest and have come to power via a Military Coup and ruled over his people as a Despotic Ruler while i was chosen by the people yet along rule as a Constitutional Monarch. Who is HE , this REBEL TYRANT and BASTARD to the House of Kuat to call for retribution , especially with his close ties with the New Imperial Order and public support for Imperialism."

Sularen then paused and sighed then speaking in a calmer but firmer tone. "My Fellow Senators , i understand your concerns but we , the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek are not as corrupt as you think. I may have overstepped in my authority by authorizing a raid on the Xa Fel Drive Yards without notifying the GADF or Ministry of Defense and i understand that. But , that does not mean we should start demanding retribution and acts that will lead to more suffering. We are somewhat guilty yes , but atleast consider the diplomatic option before considering any hostile acts against my planet and my people"

The Repulsor-pod of the Byss Delegation then withdrew back to it's initial position where , Sularen sat down exausted and stressed for perhaps the first time of his life. Senator Vosh then approached him and asked "Do you think you got them?". Sularen looked his cousin and replied "Let's hope we did. Otherwise were going to have to rush everything. Fortunally i still have assets the Alliance isn't even aware about and the Fortification of the Beshqek System is nearly complete. Once i secure the Beshqek System , the Alliance won't be able to do shit against me."

Sularen spoke in a semi-confident tone , in which worried his cousin intensly. Denzul Vosh-Sularen knew that his Cousin would take him down with him and knew this was a fight they had to win at all costs even if it meant playing dirty. Fortunally all they needed to do was defend their case and quickly point at other critical issues such as the Eternal Imperial Seizure of the Cerea System at the edge of the Starbird Trade Spine and the recent attacks launched by Carnifex nd the Lords of the Sith. If they could survive this session , then Sularen's rule on Byss would continue uninterupted.

Last edited:
if they're watching anyways

Auteme leaned forward in her seat. She hadn't been sure what to expect when the Senate meeting had been called, but given the state of the war against the Sith, she'd assumed it would be something about winding the Stygian Campaign down, returning the troops home and ramping up foreign affairs to influence the (expected) freeing of many Sith systems.

It was so easy to overlook the problems festering among one's own. For a moment she felt alone among the Senators, yet it was far worse when she felt alone among Jedi.

She took her time reading through the report provided by the Vice Chancellor. Tithe wasn't looking terribly well today, but his work was flawless as ever. With how quickly Corellia and Kuat were to speak up, she gave him a meaningful look, as if: It's alright to take it easy today. Everyone needed rest.

Auteme would have listened a little longer were it not for the Lord-Imperator's outburst. It was overwhelmingly clear that Vosh-Sularen was nothing but a puppet, given his insistence that Marlon Sularen be allowed into the Senate chambers to represent Byss. Still, there was no denying the opportunity-

A split second after Loghain's attempt at a joke, she stood, pushing her pod forward as she stared across the room at Sularen.

"So you admit you ordered the attack on Xa Fel?" she asked. The narrative of it being a 'private takeover' by SularenCo was so flimsy that it seemed even Sularen had forgotten about it.

"Of course, given the company whose assets were used in the attack has your name on it, we all assumed as much, but your honesty is refreshing," she said, her tone frigid. His frothing rage and lethal hatred for Kiyoshi and Loghain was enough to make her believe that Byss would do something rash. They needed to end this quickly. "Still, I would be remiss of my ideals to push for a military blockade. You're right, a more diplomatic approach is warranted.

"Your admission of guilt is more than what is needed to bring you to trial, thus, I respectfully request that you turn yourself in to the Senate Guards in the hallway who so valiantly protect us. As for your accusations towards Senators Kiyoshi and Loghain and your calls for fairness, I remind you that the law is fair -- it judges all of us equally. If you are guilty, it does not matter who else is.

"I admit, the representatives of Kuat and Corellia are no friends of mine, but to slander others with accusations of illegitimacy and imperialism is utter hypocrisy. You have no political opponents on Byss, your government is entrenched and has few real checks and balances on your power, and your elections have little to no integrity, with few outside checks or independence from your government. You are Imperial. You project your military strength, you demonize your enemies, and you cripple your institutions. You've failed Byss, Lord-Imperator.

"But you can stop it. If you truly believe in justice, in diplomacy, then turn yourself in. Submit to a trial. Save the future of your people."

In times of strife, one must remain calm. In times of peace, one must maintain serenity. If not for themselves, for their people. If not for thier nation, for their world. These undisputed facts guided the Senator of Eurfornis Major as he settled within his pod, onlooking the rising podium of the Chancellor and nodding along as the ageuments began. His position on the ongoing procedures was well known, as was his dispute with the so-called Lord Imperator of Byss.

He was disgusted by his 'distinguished friend' on the opposite side of the aile2 overreaching authority outside of his realm of influence. "Madam Chancellor, Mr. Speaker, fellow delegates, there remains a single significant question here" He spoke softly into his mike.

"I'll begin by saying to the Lord-Imperator that the people of Xa Fel did not ask you to usurp thier clear and present authority in matters regarding the Xa Fel Defense Ring, which is thier primary line of defense, not to mention the fact that your current claim that the structure is currently under the ownership of the Nagarth-Zanerth Umbrella Corporation is totally false, and the fact that the vast majority of the corporations stock is under public register, meaning regardless of who the CEO or Board Members may be, the company is atill public and has and contuines to provide arms to the Galactic Alliance per agreements reached years befre your unlawful reign as Head of State of Byss"

His words were swift, and brutal. No one within the Senate would dare to allow this individual to enroach on the rights of a member world, regardless of corporate influence. "Now, be it as it may, I support the words of the young @Autume. Perhaps we did make a mistake, my colleagues. The mistake of trust in you."

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Maou Maou | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | SENATe

Sularen sighed as the Jedi Representative and the Senator from Eufornis Major made their statements further criticizing Sularen and advocating for his downfall. At this point Sularen was beyond infuriated as this was exactly what he expected from this Senate , to gang up on him the moment they got the opportunity to do so. "Ugh , these karking Senators. I know they've been waiting for this moment i just know it. To them i"m just some typical Imperialist who only cares about himself. Once they see an opportunity to get rid of me they take it like the LITTLE KARKERS THEY ARE!!!" Sularen said to his Cousin angerly.

"Okay , but wasn't this quite expected? You knew the Alliance would intervene after your Gamble on Xa Fel." Senator Vosh replied. "I only expected the GADF to send a task force to intercept my Corporate Fleet like the last two times at Lialic and Chandrilla. There my proxies launched attacks against the Alliance and nothing happened. I wasn't expecting the Senate to intervene" Sularen said. "Well we have to find a solution to this and outbursts won"t work. If we are to prevail we need to reassure the Senate and regain their trust."

"Regain their trust? Wren't my actions on Alderaan , Byss and Tiss"sharl enough. I helped the Alliance on countless times and now they turn against me for what , a simple harmless Corporate Takeover? No. If the Senate wants a war , i'll give them one." Sularen said with rage and hatred. "All i need is a means to shoot down these accusations and annihilate them like if i were conducting a BDZ on a Inhabited Planet" Sularen finished. Sularen then took a big breath before having his repulsorpod move forward to once more speak infront of the Senate.

"My Fellow Senators. I understand why you do not trust me , but i must concur. I have done more good then harm in this Alliance and have contributed alot to this Nation. Yet you decide to turn on me the moment i seize control of a Shipyard controlled by friends of our enemies and by extension associates of Eternal Imperial War Criminals. You , Representative Auteme , claim that i've failed Byss for being Imperial when Byss is known to have a strong Imperialist Sentiment despite finding itself within a Democratic Government"

"The people of Byss are comfortable with my rule and even support it. I will not submit to a trial , especially when i am pressured by a bunch of paranoid Senators who act only in fear because of how powerful my regime on Byss has become in which in your eyes pose a threat to the Alliance despite the fact that MY GOVERNMENT hasn't lifted a finger against the Alliance" Sularen paused and wiped his forehead as he was sweating at this point.

"Now as for Xa Fel i must state that SularenCo only seized control of the Xa Fel Drive Yards leaving the rest of the Ring Intact and i must also remind the Senate that regardless of their stock or how they operate , the N&Z Umbrella Corporation's primary partner are the Eternal Empire not mention that they are even affiliated with the Zweihander Union who themselves are part of the Eternal Empire. Even if they provide arms to the Alliance they are still Friends of our Enemies making them Enemies of the Alliance themselves."

"I may have overstepped but all of my actions have been made to further support the interests of the People of the Beshqek System and to revitalize SularenCo. I've worked hard to become Lord-Imperator , worked hard to bring my Corporation into relative prosperity and I WILL NOT LET SOME CHAMBER FILLED WITH PARANOID SENATORS FORCE ME TO ABANDON EVERYTHING I WORKED HARD FOR. NOT TODAY , NOT TOMORROW , NOT EVER!!!"

Kaito looked at the man, stunned. He was...perfect. A twisted grin slithered its way across his face behind his mask and he felt himself slip out of Kaito and into the predator Maou for a moment before he composed himself. When his voice echoed over the chamber it was calm, smooth, and utterly cold.

"So is this your declaration of war against our great republic?" Careful Sularen, Kaito thought to himself, you are treading on ice too thin to hold the weight of your ego...

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State

11cd719cd2898c9bcc8f4f3872cf663f949ef652.gifv

From her high seat, the Chancellor watched with disdain as the Senate debated the actions of Byss. To her great surprise, two of the most troublesome governments, Corellia and Kuat were firmly in her corner on the Sularen family's reckless behavior. Her eyes darted from each speaker, reveling in the laughter that erupted when Julius Loghain Julius Loghain called on her to summon medical attention for the rabid imperial. Adhira had heard enough by the time Sularen made his second attempt at defending his unlawful occupation of Xa Fel territory.

When Adhira stood, the chamber fell silent and she glared down at Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen . She had warned him once, not to deceive her and explained precisely what would happen to him if he did. His delusions of grandeur, standing before one of the most powerful women in the galaxy were amusing, but the time for games had come to an end. "The Senate will come to ORDER!" her voice boomed throughout the chamber, notably louder than her normal tone in session.

"The Sularen family and the imperial government of Byss stands accused of unlawful military action against the sovereign planet of Xa Fel, but that is not the extent of their treachery... Marlon Sularen and his brother have sought to undermine this Alliance at every opportunity. Senator, we will not sit here as a captive audience to your delusions," she hissed.

"The Chair has not recognized the honorable member from Byss..." that simple sentence would silence him for a time, "and he is further reminded that his conduct in this chamber will conform to the traditions of the Senate or the honorable member will be sanctioned."

"Now... the chair calls IVI IVI , Director of the Strategic Intelligence Agency, to further elaborate on the actions of Senator Sularen and the government of Byss," Adhira nodded to the pod where the director waited patiently for her moment.

afiswX.gif

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Maou Maou | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Auteme Auteme

"The people of Byss support your rule because they have no other choice..." Senator Stazi muttered darkly to himself.

It served no purpose for the duros to add his voice to the cacophony but still he found it hard to resist. He could not believe he was sitting in the Senate Chambers listening to some tinpot Byss strongman wax poetic about fascism as if 'Imperial traditions' were something to be proud of and not a deep source of shame and disgrace. Imperator Tavlar and his eleventh hour evangelists for basic moral decency in the New Imperial Order had driven this galaxy truly insane.

Xa Fel's particulars were of little interest to Mazik. Since assuming office he'd been against Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen . If it were up to the wily old admiral he would have him shot and be done with it along with Julius Loghain Julius Loghain and any NIO ambassadors he could get his hands on. Rising to the Lord-Imperator's bluster however would do his cause no favors especially if it violated Senate decorum. Instead he would simmer and bide his time.

"Priority transmission. Bburru Station," the old man snapped his fingers directing one of his aides to hastily open an encrypted channel, "Recommend the High House increases planetary security as a precaution."

There was nothing more dangerous than a cornered animal. While Stazi doubted that Sularen was as beloved on his homeworld as he claimed, it would be foolish not to assume he could at least command enough fanatics to conduct reprisals for any legal measures the Galactic Alliance might take to restrain him.

Dorsk 156

D

His first session in the Senate. His first time officially representing his homeworld of Khomm. He wasn't extremely nervous, but yet a tad anxious of this new setting he was in. Khommites traditionally didn't leave Khomm for long periods of time, some never left at all. Though he viewed himself as more individualistic, he still was a Khommite and had therefore seen very little of the massive galaxy in which billions of planets rested and millions of species resided.

He stood there in his senate pod and following the Chancellor's introduction and the Vice Chancellor's opening, he listening to the various bickering of the session. He was wearing his new senatorial garb with was fashioned for him on Khomm before he departed.

The Khommite stood there with his arms crossed and now listened to the Young Jedi, Auteme. He did not know much of her, but she had a very prestigious reputation so far in her career. However, he felt that her statement regarding the Xa Fel issue, was....underwhelming at least.

He soon turned his gaze to the Lord-Imperator as he continued his somewhat obnoxious rant. This didn't really surprise Dorsk. Humans always had less self-control than other species, such as his own. However, as the man from Byss continued on, he couldn't help but agree with him on a few points. Even though he was knew to Galactic Politics, he knew as many others did, and as Sularen said, that Kuat and Corellia were not exemplary examples of stability and honor within the Alliance. He had heard of the rumors that stemmed from Kuat about the Lord-Regent, among others as well. He also did agree with Sularen that his forces did attack a known ally of the Eternal Empire and that his forces did not originate from Byss directly. Lastly, he had assisted the Alliance on the numerous occasions he had mentioned. Though his actions relating to Xa Fel incident were dwarfing everything else in the eyes of the Senate. Dorsk was neutral about the whole ordeal, but he was slightly worried about the Military build up Sularen was clearly orchestrating for his own power base. Byss was less than 12 parsecs from Khomm, and within range for Sularen to launch an attack. Yes, the Khommites would fight to the end, but they were woefully unequipped & unprepared to deal with a large military force, like the one Sularen controlled.

Because of these many issues, Dorsk would stay quiet and observe the proceedings taking place before him. Far better to remain quiet and not give your enemies a clue to your thoughts. As the Byssian continued to speak, the rest of his rant, was just more of the same to what he had said previously.

Still, he was beginning to not understand why Sularen continued on. He was truly digging himself a hole, especially with many senators and the Chancellor herself already decided on how they felt about his actions and therefore his possible impending guilt. Then after the Corellian Senator accused Sularen of prosecuting a war against the Alliance, the Chancellor called for order.

"The Senate will come to ORDER!"

The Khommite now gazed with slight admiration at the Chancellor, she seemed polite and fair, yet willing to put her fellows back into place. He looked forward to getting know his colleagues and the Madam Chancellor.

He began to observe more closely at the Senators around his pod, it was clear. Sularen would not find the support he craved here, not today. After all he was being accused of some high level crimes. Many including Dorsk in some manner, knew that his actions at Xa Fel were unnecessary at the least, and treasonous at the most.

Dorsk would wait until a moment to Introduce himself to the Senate, as it was his first session he was able to attend. Until that moment, he would watch the amusing political concert unfolding before him. Just as he turned his gaze back to the Chancellor, she called the Director of the SIA to the floor. Dorsk watched with interest as the proceedings of the Senate were finally in front of him, with the directive of politics leading the way as always.

For Dorsk, he had finally made it to the Great Game, and now that he was here, he would finally join in it.

Faith looked at her shoes for a moment not because of the fashion but to gather her thoughts when she looked up it was no surprise that the Senators had lined up to provide their positions on what had been revealed.

On many worlds politics and corruption went hand in hand. The opportunity to do good or evil walked along each side of every member of the Senate. Corruption depending on the investigator could range from the what appeared to be harmless gift to the extreme the treasonous act of revealing Alliance plans, and technology.

Faith looked up and began to assess her environment, there was Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe who looked more like the terrified womp rats of Tatooine than a confident Senator and Deputy. Perhaps the long hours were finally catching up to him.

Slowly her gaze rested upon Maou Maou the Corellian. A taunt towards the Byss Imperator followed up by the immediate recommendations for punishment. Remember she thought we cannot punish many for the act of one of the few.

Then the familiar voice of Julius Loghain Julius Loghain protecting Kuat. She was a bit surprised that he didn't recommend the immediate removal followed by declarations of aggressive actions against the Imperator but then it was early.

Then Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen spoke it was not unexpected that his words be filled with anger, indignation, and out right shouting at Julius and Kaito. Alderaan he mentioned Alderaan. She couldn't forget that now could she, Darth Empyrean Darth Empyrean and Allyson Locke Allyson Locke ....the death of...now she couldn't forget. Een as she sat there she felt her own features turn downwards frowning and sad.

Then a calming tone Faith looked to Auteme Auteme . However Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo certainly got a few eye brows to raise up with his final words....a mistake in trusting you. Faith looked around watching the reactions. Most she watched the Imperator. Why did he like to yell so much? Guilt? Faith had been taught since a child that someone who protests too much with such exuberance had something they were hiding, whether it be they liked you, or they hated you...so which was it?

WAR?!...oh no no no no...Faith went to stand but before she opened her mouth the Chancellor spoke. "COME TO ORDER" Faith sat down.

Waiting...watching....wondering.

If he will not stand trial then what is there.....downgrade the status of Byss to Associate....give the Imperator a chance....or cut him off at the knees and suggest a replacement in order to protect the Alliance.

Faith wanted to hear IVI IVI .

nVxIegR.png

Senator Ju Li Kim
HRH Shoma, Prince of Xiaolang
Representing the Empress Akikonomu of Atrisia & the Commonwealth before the Galactic Senate

kwzlsmL.png
ironfists-ll01.jpg
The Atrisian delegation watched the situation unfolding in the Senate.

The scene was cause for concern, not only for exposing the actions of Byss' Imperial regime, but more so for the precedent that the senators and the New Jedi Order seemed to demand. The trial of a sitting head of state went against the very notion of sovereign immunity. Likewise, the public questioning of the legitimacy of Byss' governance seemed to direct external scrutiny to planetary politics that were matters for Byss to resolve, not the Senate. To do otherwise invited a level of political oversight that seemed dangerous.

Hopefully it was nothing more than political posturing.

As the Senate awaited the testimony of IVI IVI the Atrisian senator motioned toward the prince seated beside her. "When the time comes for us to speak, we will push for censure of Byss and propose reparations be made to Xa Fel," the woman whispered, as the teen made notations on the datapad that he carried.

Glancing up from his notes, the teen looked over at the matron to asked, "You think that's adequate?"

"Byss is a member world. The Alliance must tread carefully to cast doubt on its leaders while preserving enough dignity that they do not make an adversary in their own house," Ju Li remarked in answer.

Which was the real challenge. If the Imperial regime was a threat, then shaping change on Byss from outside would be a monumental undertaking. If the Alliance were shrewd, then it would seek avenues to merely discredit the regime and foster change elements on Byss to do the rest for them. But such methods took time, and these senators and their Jedi seemed an impatient lot.

BPd4AH0.gif

THE DIRECTOR
CORUSCANT | SIA HEADQUARTERS PROJECTING TO SENATE CHAMBER
FRESH BLOOD
FS3Gb3Y.png

Politicians talked, levelling accusations at one another from the sanctuary of their little podiums. Some were more thespian than others, revelling in the spotlight in a way M never would. The incandescence lit their features, making them glisten on the larger screens –– there was no grace in the massive room’s lighting. She elected to remain a holoprojection as she so often did. Finding security only in her own all-seeing fortress. The SIA headquarters.

Ruby gaze levelled in the direction of Corellia’s speaker. Ever so slightly, her eyes narrowed as information associated with the planet emerged in her memory palace. An inaugural report from one Agent Keel that suggested glimpses of a Sith battlecruiser. Another reason for her revelation at the conclusion of her initial testimony.

She sipped at her blue milk, ever observant. Ever patient while the politicians shared their thoughts. Offering only a
tscht and a head shake at the suggestion for medical attention on the guest of honour’s behalf.

The Lord Imperator of Byss strained himself with his refusal of a trial. Proclaimed his servitude, amongst other things. Mention of the Eternal Empire and ZU evidenced themselves, and she withheld from glancing in the Vice Chancellor’s direction. Instead, blue, thin lips twitched in knowing amusement just in time for her introduction.

“Thank you, Chancellor.” The Chiss nodded at the commencement of her spotlight, rising to stand as all others did in this police society.

“Senators, I appreciate your attention.

Before I begin, I remind you that the Intelligent Agency’s sole creed is to predict, discover and eliminate anything that threatens our national security. Especially when those threats come from within. It’s our fiduciary duty to ensure the Core The Alliance has worked so tirelessly to unify remains clean and honourable.

Thus, Byss is the first of our dutiful maintenance efforts.” The woman’s sharp features pulled upward, indicating she’d meant to introduce the line as humble humour. Investigations were well above custodial necessities.

“It’s true, the forceful seizure of the Xa Fel shipyards is only the most recent of many offences.” Her wider focus turned in the direction of Suralen’s pod. “Which you yourself acknowledged.” Back to the entire room. “Let’s take a look at the chronological evidence for your trial ––at the very least, a full audit of your assets–– shall we?

The offensive magnitude of each is withheld, that’s a weight for the courts to levy.

First, the curious size of your fleet that appeared in...more delicate times during the Kuat Rebellion. A swathe of ships uniquely owned, larger than the Imperium and Republic’s forces combined. Without any being contributed to The Alliance’s later manifest.

The second recorded offence acting directly against the Alliance’s efforts was sending agents to retrieve Project Phobia on Lialic.

During the Eternal Empire’s attack on Byss, your ties to Imperial Warlords were revealed. And an impressive defence system, which was unregistered.

And finally, we’re back at Xa-Fel.

All very..shady, Lord Imperator. All this leaves us all wondering what the acquisition of unique, unaccounted for assets and nefarious warlord relationships is leading up to. Especially with one of the primary benefits of Byss’ Alliance membership the opportunity to appeal for the Defense Force’s aid.”

M paused and picked at an invisible speck of dust on her elbow, pinching her fingers together off to the side to discard the unseen blemish.

“I expect to uncover more before your official day in court, Lord Imperator. Or, I look forward to reading the full audit of your assets.

Whichever comes first."
She flashed a toothsome grin.

Denying a trial is unwise. I entreat to your sense of reason –– after all, justice is a pillar of democracy. And Lord Imperator, based on your presentation today, I advise you to seek official legal counsel. Similar advice extends to your associates.”

To show her official testimony had reached a conclusion, she took her seat again. She’d rise once more before the session reached an official conclusion, but for the sake of focus, her exposition was solely on Byss.

CGk8M4w.png

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Maou Maou | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Dorsk 156 | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Auteme Auteme

Last edited:
SetoHeader10.png

Seto Du Couteau
Objective: Listen
Action: Listening
Attire

Br8YpBr.png
Seto had worried about the increase of meetings and further deliberation of the current chaos of the galaxy. The young Du Couteau heir counted his fortunes for finding enough sleep between his travels from Empress Teta and Coruscant. It was difficult to properly delegate his responsibilities when he himself needed to personally attend to them, The price I pay when I sell myself as the commodity. Seto mused wearily to himself as he looked at his data-pad within his Senate pod. The current discussion on so many Senator’s lips were the actions of a certain man from Byss.
He had originally decided to agree to an investigation to be held weeks ago, unknowingly tying himself to yet another meeting. It was all rather moot to him though, the brazen action taken from the Byss leaders could not stand within the Alliance. Of course, if Kuat or Corellia were to take action on Byss, well that would set a dangerous precedent. Seto was of the opinion that this should be solved by Alliance assets and not led by other member worlds.
Here within the Alliance, Senators stand equal among one another. . . but sometimes member worlds can be considered more equal than others. . .
Seto took a sharp intake of breath when he turned his attention to the newest voices filling the Senate Chambers. Their words vibrated the air around them, booming to all those in attendance to make their claims and purpose a solution.
With the latest speaker explaining further the details of Byss’s rather dubious actions at least to outright treason at worst. Seto for himself was rather impressed with how far this Imperial Leader of Byss managed to keep his head above water. I have to give him some credit after all. With a quick glance to his data-slate, Seto returned his attention to the Senate Chamber to see what were the other responses. In his own honest opinion, this was by far the least dull meeting he had intended within the Senate Chambers thus far.

|| Spirit of Wisdom Spirit of Wisdom | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Maou Maou | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Auteme Auteme | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | IVI IVI ||

Last edited:

Marlon Sularen watched as Director M of the Strategic Intelligence Agency spoke about the results of the Investigation conducted by the SIA against Sularen. About Sularen’s Involvement at Kuat , and how he “sent” agents on Lialic and the unregistered Defense System on Byss with M questioning Sularen’s motives. While Sularen was caught off guard by the first two statements given at how he was at Kuat to support the Imperium and did not have any presence in the Core when the events at Lialic occurred. He remained firm in his stance and was quite annoyed at this point. Clearly the Senate wanted to get rid of him. But he wasn’t going to let them win that easy.

So soon enough , Sularen’s repulsorpod moved forth and the Lord-Imperator spoke once more for the final time. “Thank you very much Director M for your report and your stance on this matter. But i should remind the Senate that these events aren’t even connected to begin with and to assume that i am a threat to this Alliance with this nonsense as Proof is the very reason i refuse to submit to a trial.

First i’d like to state that yes i was at Kuat but in support of the Grayson Imperium. The Reason my Assets were never registered in the Alliance manifest was that I was betrayed by Cedric Grayson and his Essonian cronies and forced into exile which brings us to Lialic. Between the period of my departure from the Core and my return , I had been additionally betrayed by the Zweihander Union and was engaged in a conflict against them in the Unknown Regions. Given that all of my resources were focused on fighting the ZU and that i had no assets left in the Core , there is absolutely no way i could have been involved at the events at Lialic.

Now let’s flash-forward to Byss where Director M has talked about an Unregistered Defense System. The Gauntlet Orbital Defense System as we now called it was our response to the Eternal Empire’s mobilization against Byss and was the very reason for why the Eternal Empire had been repelled from Byss in the first place. If it weren’t for that Defense System , the Eternal Imperial Fleet could have overwhelmed our forces and bombarded Byss leaving Billions of Civilians dead, something I prevented personally.

And now let’s return to Xa Fel. Now I mentioned a conflict with the Zweihander Union, one that continues to this day. The Union under their first leader Credius Nargath signed a truce with me shortly before I returned to the Core Worlds and broke that truce under the leadership of Alli Vern during the Attack on Byss. Thus it was rational that i retaliate without the consent of the Alliance at Xa Fel given that this Conflict was between SularenCo and the Zweihander Union.

I will say this again. I will refuse to submit to a trial and that is because you Senators are paranoid and assume too much. Just because I am Imperial as Representative Auteme said you automatically see me as a threat despite my many contributions to the Alliance. So I know for a fact that a Trial will be full of bias and unfairness, especially when this Alliance holds a biased opinion of Imperialists.

I will not forfeit my right to rule over the Beshqek System over such assumptions motivated by your biased opinion. If you wish to punish me , then target my Corporation SularenCo and not my Government on Byss which has absolutely nothing to do with this entire matter , a fact you have ignored countless times which gives me more reason to deny a trial.

You claim I failed Byss and that I failed my people when in reality I have stood to defend my people and my world against threats such as the Eternal Empire as demonstrated during the Battle of Byss. I’ve stood alongside this Alliance and supported their campaign against the Sith at Tiss’sharl. Helped save Millions of Alderaanians when the Sith attacked Alderaan and many more things. Your bias against Imperialists and people like me is what clouds your judgement , it what makes you think i am delusional when that is not the case.”

If you continue to hold such biased opinions , see this matter through your perspective without considering my perspective , that of the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek and continue to hold the Constitutional Authority of Beshqek responsible for the Takeover at Xa Fel when they weren't even involved in the matter then you will make an enemy out of the people of Byss in which could further escalate this issue and create unnecessary tensions between Byss and the Alliance. I hope that with my statement you will reconsider your stance on this matter

Last edited:

Rafiq Novak

R

The Honorable Senator, Representing Fresia: Rafiq Novak... DESU

wsL0bBY.png

The new representative of Fresia had climbed mountains to get to this, the pinnacle of places that a delegate could stand in their great Alliance. For years, the interests of his world were dominated by the seemingly inexhaustible coffers of Incom corporation. Even after hundreds of years, the various powers that be still sought out their products with great faith. What the rest of the Galaxy did not see was the war for the spirit of Fresia itself.

A beautiful world. That was where he was born, and where he grew up. Fresia was where his heart lived even when he was sitting in a repulsorpad on the Senate Rotunda. He had watched the pollution and wasteful spending of the government go everywhere but to the gaping wounds that bled his planet. It was a world ravaged by natural disasters. The tidal cycle was erratic, plagued by the existence of Seven moons. Some of the extreme tides wiped away entire parts of their civilization, and caused refugees to pick up and move for their own safety.

Rafiq sat on a local committee for the homing of these refugees, until the day that Incom petitioned to take them on as workers and home them in exchange for labor. The rabbit hole went deep. He exposed a great deal of corruption, and he made it his life's mission to take it even further. Until Fresia was safe from the greed of large businesses and politicians who did not have its interests at heart, he would continue his damned fool crusade.

So, to hear about the actions of Byss made his eye twitch. Rafiq listened. He watched. He waited. There were traditions to be respected and protocols to follow. He would not simply take potshots at a man because they disagreed at a fundamental level. The others had already brought forward the distress of the Alliance, and the Director of Inteligence had given him an ultimatum that dripped with venom, even though she vaguely hid her fangs. It was good to see an active measure; but there were things about these men that Rafiq did not trust.

Xa'Fel was the very tip of the spear. A direct, aggressive action for personal interests that clashed with public opinion. If Byss even had a voice other than Sularen's own, he could not hear it in the man's words. In this tank of sharks, some were bigger and more obvious than others. He took it all in stride until the self-titled Imperator of Byss' final statement. Then, he sighed and took a stand.

"Madam Chancellor, Fresia seeks recognition," he raised his voice to address the Convocation. Patiently, Rafiq waited. His gaze did not waiver from Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe or Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra . He had a smile on his face, his hands folded behind him.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State

tumblr_oort5c9F3P1ufvrblo5_250.gifv

The Chancellor listened thoughtfully to the SIA Director as if this was the first time she had heard all of the information being shared at once. She made faces when the rest of the Senate reacted and nodded at key points. In truth, as Head of State, she had been receiving these intelligence reports for quite some time and had given specific directives to keep an eye on the Sularen's activities after their meeting on Byss. Hearing those reports was like watching The Three Stygians, a show many children watched when she was young, it was about three idiot gas clouds who engaged in increasingly ridiculous behavior, convinced they were pulling off a master plan.
At this very moment, the Three Stygians by the name Sularen were actively shooting themselves in the foot to the delight of the audience. "Thank you, Director, for those illuminating reports." she said graciously to M.

“I will say this again. I will refuse to submit to a trial and that is because you Senators are paranoid and assume too much..."
Adhira perked up, a smile sliding across her face and she shared an amused look with her Aide and Vice Chancellor as a stifled laugh rippled through the chamber. Whether or not Marlon or Denzul "would submit" to a trial was irrelevant. They either would or would not go to trial and the judicial forces or the GADF would fill in the gaps when necessary to make certain that happened.
“I will not forfeit my right to rule over the Beshqek System over such assumptions motivated by your biased opinion..."
There did seem to be an idea among member planets that membership in the Alliance was optional once they were in and that rogue leaders had complete authority to do as they pleased without fear of federal intervention. This was so far from the truth that the ridiculous notion wouldn't be able to see the truth with a telescope. She saw no more perfect time to correct this miscommunication than before the entire Senate. It did not matter to her whether the Sularen was still speaking, she stood and cut the mics of the other Senators.

"The Chair claims the floor," her right to speak took precedence, "Lord-Imperator, I think we have all heard quite enough from you. This constant campaign of disinformation is damaging to the serious discourse undertaken in this Chamber, and I worry about the integrity of each Senator here taking their role in the Alliance seriously. The Common Charter of the Alliance, which your people adopted, does not give immunity of any sort to the sovereign head of state of each member planet - whether you stand trial will not be a choice you make. It will be a choice this body makes."

"Further, as outlined in the Common Charter, the Senate may, if it deems fit, directly intervene in the governance of a planet where the planetary ruler has shown themselves to be unfit... We will not be needing your approval for this either." Adhira drew herself up to her full height, bearing down on the tiny pod that drifted so far from her towering podium. "This Alliance will not hesitate to eliminate threats, internal or external, and this circus act by the member of Byss will not stall these proceedings."

"The Chair recognizes the Senator from the Sovereign System of Fresia, Rafiq Novak,"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom