Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction Greedy Squabbling Delegates | Galactic Alliance Senate

Rafiq Novak

R
"Fresia thanks you for your recognition, Chancellor," Novak responded gingerly with a bright smile. "Most of you do not know me, as I have recently been elected to this position, and I will not waste time to bore you with the details surrounding that transition. However, I am glad to give you highlights because they are supremely relevant to these proceedings."

His smile faded and he took a breath, allowing the rotunda to take in his words. He was addressing not simply the people of Fresia, but the representatives of the entire Galactic Alliance. The daunting nature of this discourse was a weight on any man's shoulders.

"I ran on the platform of advocacy for displaced refugees. Fresia suffers from constant tidal calamities born of a wildly erratic lunar cycle. With Seven moons, this is hardly something we have been able to do anything but adapt to- albeit very inconveniently, and often without warning.

You would think that with our rich history, this issue would have been solved at some point. While the necessary steps have been taken, the problem remains. I have placed tentative economic sanctions on the Incom Corporation. Their exploitation of our refugees has categorically led to unfair wages, unhealthy living situations, and an abysmal quality of life. This is not the Fresia I love, nor the one where I want to raise my children. I would not want to leave this Fresia to the next generation; and so I ask you, good men and women of the Alliance..."

Rafiq turned from the Chancellor to face the rest of the representatives gathered.

"...are the actions of a man vested with the power to represent his people juxtaposed against the actions of his personal assets intended to further his own designs something that this Alliance is poised to tolerate? Corruption seems to have become inevitable in this Galaxy, and so I cannot fault any of you who have, at times, fallen prey to the talons of the Corporate scavengers who would pick at the bones of our Democracy."

He paused for emphasis. After several breaths, the ideologue adopted a booming voice and called them to witness him.

"But we have an opportunity, esteemed colleagues. Before us lies a rare situation, and several paths to choose from. We can confront corruption where it has exposed itself, and summarily remove it before it is allowed to spread further, or we can remain silent. I implore you to make the right decision. For if we do not, what moral basis do we have for waging a war against the Sith?

Evil thrives where good men say nothing.

Be the change you wish to see in this Galaxy. Excise corruption. Give the people of Byss justice, give Xa'Fel back the power that has been taken from it unwittingly. Do right by your constituents.

I move that this matter be referred to the Rules Committee for a swift resolution.

This is the humble request of a public servant. With that, Fresia yields the floor. Thank you, Madam Chancellor."

Rafiq bowed at the waist as his pod moved back toward its dormant space.

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe

@GA PEEPS

Last edited by a moderator:
"Betrayed by the Graysons?" Stazi continued his dark musings in private, "You went rogue at Kuat you delusional nerfbrained halfwit. I should have ended this then when I had the chance."

If only his body hadn't failed him. No more Sularen. No more Grayson remnants. Probably even no more Loghain. He would have been remembered as a monster himself but at least the Galactic Alliance would have been a better place for it. Now the Jedi and Tavlar's Imperial Knights were practically asking each other out on dates and the people's will had been perhaps irrevocably eroded by modern flirtations with 'benevolent' tyranny.

Sularen. Tavlar. Zambrano. Fortan. They were all the same. Just lesser and greater evils.

"Imperialist...bias..." the duros sputtered, his eyes rolling back into his skull in blind rage, "You've poisoned the Core with your degenerate ideology. The only difference between an Imperial and a Sith is a red lightsaber. What the hell is the Zweihander Union?!"

His aides started uncomfortably and shook their heads with wide eyes. Mazik sighed. It probably didn't matter. There were so many fringe cultures and sovereignties beyond the Alliance's ancestral borders an old sailor like him didn't have time nor inclination to keep up with them all. With a gnarled claw of a hand Senator Stazi activated a control on his repulsorpod. Senator Novak from Fresia had just finished speaking a few moments ago.

"Duro..." his voice suddenly boomed followed by an ominous pause, "Seeks recognition."

Greedy squabbling delegates indeed. The transgressions of the Lord Imperator of Byss were of great concern, and Gerault bought little of the flimsy claim of ignorance and non-association by fiat. At best, Marlon Sularen was an incompetent leader, or at least had incompetent counsel, and was simply unaware of the Alliance bureaucracy with which he was supposed to comply with. At worst, he was exploiting his position empowered by Alliance recognition to strengthen his autocracy and from there, who knows what he'd be emboldened to pursue.

Sularen's transgressions were not the only he bore witness to. Given the gravity of the charges, evidence presented, and frankly, the foul conduct of the Lord Imperator before the Senate, he was willing to overlook those delegates of the Populist Party so eager to shirk their deference for strong planetary sovereignty. What he could not overlook was the conduct of the SIA Director, who's testimony was as thinly veiled as the ignorance of Sularen. Despite the alarm, the very appearance of the Alliance's intelligence services conducting political espionage to silence dissidents and strengthen the power of the Federalists was highly alarming. Not only did such conduct demonstrate a blatant disregard for the sovereignty of Alliance member states, but also for the civil liberties of all denizens of the Alliance.

Rush was no dove when it came to governance and diplomacy, yet the NJO's young Representative to the Senate's statements were compelling. if anything, he was a hawk. In fact, his hawkishness extended well past governance and into the realm of accountability. Sularen would be held accountable for his transgressions. Based upon what he's heard thus far, the Alliance would see to it.

If no one else dared to, Rush would be the voice to hold the Alliance to account. After all, the chancellor herself only moments ago declared that it was their duty to keep power in check, lest they allow democracy to flounder.

"Point of order!", Gerault exclaimed from the Corulag delegation's pod as it slowly and ever so slightly nudged forward to distinguish itself from the others. "It is not the place of the SIA or its officials to levy accusations or to be the sole determinant of truth! The very appearance of weaponizing the Alliance's foreign intelligence services against its own member states to suppress dissidents is alarming, and the necessity of the SIA to conduct itself in a responsible, nonpartisan manner should be of utmost importance. Director, I would suggest that you deliver your evidence without the commentary and present that information in its totality to the Ministry of Justice so they may refer charges for prosecution if necessary. I would further remind my colleagues that this is not a trial...", he said, shifting his eyes to the Vice Chancellor before continuing, "...and the manner in which this session is being conducted condemning the man in the court of public opinion taints the very prospect that legitimate justice can truly be achieved in an actual court of justice!"

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Auteme Auteme Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo Faith Organa Faith Organa IVI IVI Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Maou Maou Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Shoma Ike Shoma Ike

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
giphy.gif

"Order! Senator Rush, the Director was called here at my pleasure to act an impartial reporter of fact. I would ask you not attempt to politicize her place here by impugning her integrity." Adhira droned, glancing in the direction of the junior Senator.​

"The Chair Recognizes the Senator from the Sovereign System of Duro for 5 minutes and then we will hear the motion from Senator Novak," Adhira continued, motioning to Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi .​

If Senator Stazi was perturbed by the interruption of Gerault Rush Gerault Rush he showed no sign of it. He remained silent for a few long moments after the Chancellor gestured his way dragging out the tension. Always best to keep your opponents uncomfortable if you can. It was true in both war and politics as were many things.

"Duro...concurs with the Senator from Corulag. While I have the...greatest respect and trust for our brave officers of the Strategic Intelligence Agency, this is merely an inquiry and not yet a trial. Determining the Lord-Regent's guilt...or innocence is of course a matter for the Ministry of Justice."

Such reserve surprised even his aides who had expected some kind of full throated rebuttal. Screaming enemies into submission wasn't how this game was played. Mazik was many things but he was not a fool. Just before it seemed as if he were done...

"However, the Senator from Byss...has made some troubling remarks today. Rejecting...federal authority over Byss rule. Promising that his subordinates would not stand...for such perceived injustices. Now we learn that there are alleged discrepancies...in the Beshqek system's defense manifests. I echo the Senator from Corellia's concerns...and urge my colleagues to reconsider a limited blockade of Deep Core traffic."

He offered Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen an almost sympathetic look. Crimson eyes shined like daggers.

"Just until we can resolve this...unfortunate business."

"Here we go" He muttered to his aides. The debate seemed to last hours, and the five minute interjection by Senator Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi even longer. Points may have been made, wrong in his opinion they may have been, but necessary nonetheless. With a brief glance to the Chancellor and Vice Chair, the Senator faced his resolve towards the 'leader' of Byss.

It had been a long road since the High Republic's occupation, not to mention the fact that the world had very little time to rebuild their society which, as he predicted, most likely remained in shambles under an Imperial dictatorship. A brief red flash caught the man's attention however, notifying him of the existence of what seemed to be a meme of Julius Loghain Julius Loghain , during his earlier comment on Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen 's frothing mouth.

With a slight chuckle, he returned to his congressional duties, taking careful notes on the evolving situation. A blockade would be ineffective, and considering the Lord-Imperator's vast arsenal, one would be an idiot to not assume conflict would be possible on that route. Removal of Sularen would be an even more threatening motive, as the government had technically already overthrown the government of Byss once, paving the way to the crisis they face now.

"Send a message to the Chancellor" He informed his aide. He had never actually met in person with the Chancellor, however dire times called for one to ignore precedent. "Request a meeting. And prepare to file a motion with the Senate Aide, and send a message to the repuslorpods of Maou Maou and Julius Loghain Julius Loghain , we need to take this one step at a time, starting with an official censor"

Faith reminded herself not to get lost on the details that at this moment were not under scrutiny. She had already heard the gasp from Becca behind her when the Chancellor made it known exactly what powers the Alliance had over its membership. Faith looked back at her for a moment a small motion with her hand to tell her to calm herself. Yes

They would discuss all of this later. Right now though the focus was on the Imperator from Byss. What could Faith say, she knew that whatever was said here today would at some point be reviewed and judged. Who said what, when did they say it...how did they say it.

What did she think? She appreciated anyone coming to their aide. Was there a greater good in this.

She leaned forward resting on the edge of the repulsor pod and continued listening and observing. Strong voices every where today, strong emotions on this subject. How many were whispering to their aides at this very moment things that they would not dare to say to the entire Senate. Surely everyone had an opinion.

Senator Novak was set to speak, Faith knew what she wanted to say, censure until the investigation was complete. ONe thing was true though there were some that would admire the Byss Imperator, but it was also true that many now within the Senate would give him wide birth...nothing worse then guilt by association.

She waited her turn to speak. Where was Senator Novak?

The incendiary comments form Sularen incited a furore within the Senate chamber. By the time Tithe was able to bring the room back under control long enough for orderly debate to occur he’d broken his gavel and had resorted to taking off a shoe and bashing it on his table aboard the Chancellor’s podium. While not quite a record, the number of Senators and Representatives ejected from the chamber had crept close to two dozen.

“The Honourable Member for Byss is named,” Tithe declared. Naming was an Aargauun parliamentary procedure, observed on a number of other worlds, whereby the head of the legislature always referred to delegate by their constituency. It added a layer of separation between the individual and the elected office they held. To name someone was to break convention and apply punishment to the individual themselves rather than their office.

“Senator Vosh-Sularen is reminded that under the Standing Orders, ah, only elected delegates and speakers bade by the Chancellor are to take the floor. Grandstanding by unpermitted parties will not be entertained.”

Before anyone could second the motion, Tithe added “The motion is withdrawn.” While he suspected he would have had the votes to pass the motion, removing the Byss Senator could be taken as silencing the planet and precluding the course of natural justice. Vosh-Sularen would be allowed to stay, but Tithe’s withdrawn motion would remain on the public record.

“The Honourable Member for Byss is asked to abide on Coruscant until this, uh, matter can be resolved. Yes, please surrender your travel documents to the Senate Guard. I would counsel the Lord-Imperator to do the same.”

The Honourable Member for Novak moved that Senate Committee on Rules be called upon to investigate. “Do we have a second?” The Senator for Ebaq-9 quickly supported the motion. “The question is that the matter is referred to the Committee on Rules. All in favour?” He paused for a minute as the Senators voted in the affirmative. “All against?” Another pause to allow for dissent.

Last edited:

"Lord-Imperator, I think we have all heard quite enough from you. This constant campaign of disinformation is damaging to the serious discourse undertaken in this Chamber ... whether you stand trial will not be a choice you make. It will be a choice this body makes...the Senate may, if it deems fit, directly intervene in the governance of a planet where the planetary ruler has shown themselves to be unfit... We will not be needing your approval for this either"

At this point Sularen had just enough of the nonsense the Senate was pulling off here. They refused to listen to him , continued to believe in the lies feed to them by the SIA and were clearly maintaining a biased stance of Sularen's Regime just to take profit from it. The Senators of Fresia and Duros spoke out soon later calling for justice for the people of Byss and a limited blockade. They refused to listen to Sularen , refused to hear him out and now the Alliance expected him to simply bend the knee and to submit to a trial where people would ignore his opinion , his voice and continue to treat him as an enemy alien. No. Enough was enough and he wasn't going to lose everything to some Paranoid and Biased individuals.

Then the Vice-Char spoke asking Marlon and Denzul to remain on Coruscant until the end of this matter and to surrender their travel documents to the Senate Guard. But at this point , Marlon had enough. The Lies , the Ignorance , the Bias , it was just too much for him. He absolutely could not remain on a Planet infested with a bunch of wicked Senators who were conspiring against him in the open , especially when they refused to hear him out. At that point Sularen who was beyond angry stood up and proceeded to talk to his cousin , Senator Vosh.

"Aight i'm done with this nonsense. They refuse to listen to be , continue to believe these lies and treat me as some enemy alien. I won't spend another minute in this forsaken Senate Chamber anymore." Sularen said angrily. "I WILL NOT LOSE EVERYTHING TO THESE MOTHERKARKERS WHO THINK THEY CAN IGNORE ME , TREAT ME AS A FOOL AND DISRESPECT ME AND GET AWAY WITH IT. I WILL SHOW THIS KARKING SENATE WHO MARLON SULAREN IS AND THEY WILL LEARN TO RESPECT ME EITHER WILLINGLY OR BY FORCE. Denzel. I'm leaving for Byss. After this senate session i want you to march straight to the Chancellor's Office and knock some sense into her if you know what i mean."

And with that , before Denzul could say something Marlon Sularen left the Grand Convocation Chamber flanked by 2 Cloaked
Crimson Guardians and proceeded to head outside where his T-4b Imperial Shuttle awaited him in one of the Senate Building's Hangar. For his entire life people had treated him like this , denying Sularen from what was rightfully his with some stupid reasoning. But this was the last straw. If Chancellor Chandra wanted to put Sularen on trial she would have to fight him to do so , because when Sularen said something he meant it and if others would not understand then they would eventually through violence inflicted by Sularen. Sularen's Will was undeniable , his Resurgence was happening one way or another , and the Chancellor and her little goons in the Senate would painfully learn that , one way or another.

"If they deem you unfit...Nothing but pure nonsense." Sularen said to himself as he headed towards the hangar holding his Shuttle. Soon enough , if this Alliance continued to escalate things , he would demonstrate the true extent of his power to ensure that no one would dare to further move against him. Sularen was tired of letting those harass him get away with the last laugh , he was tired of these constant humiliations and how people more powerful then him portrayed him. It was time for things to change once and for all. It was time for Sularen to rise up.

Last edited:

Dorsk 156

D

Dorsk stood and listened to the long procession before him. The bickering was something, as Khommite, he was not used to seeing. On Khomm, everyone typically agreed and the only disagreements were over the view and progress of their society. Then again, Dorsk realized that was most likely because of the Khommite societal cloning practices, but nonetheless.

He had grown past that and was in front and center on the world of Galactic Politics. And there was no better example of the "squabbling" sessions then the one he was currently witnessing with his own eyes. However, the overall support was against Sularen and his actions at Xa Fel, even though some of the systems who favored his opposition, were as dirty and ruthless as Sularen.

Dorsk was in a daze of the same old talk by politicians at this point, until he heard the Senator from Fresia. Rafiq Novak , another newcomer to the Senate, like himself. As he was granted recognition from the Chancellor, he began his speech. Dorsk found it appealing and forthright, something most senators of the past had lacked. The Senator droned on and talked about his Homeworld and the hardship its still struggles with now. Dorsk could partially understand. Parts of Khomm had never fully recovered from Admiral Daala's bombardment all the way back in 12 ABY. He had been to these devastated sections and had led the excavation of one of Khomm's historical landmarks that had been buried by the bombardment and was until then never restored. He could only imagine going through the pain, such as Senator Novak described, where you could try everything to help your people, yet nothing was producing long term positive results. He quickly delved back to his earlier thought. What if Byss turned it attention to Khomm, as retaliation for the slight he received by the Alliance? How could his people withstand another attack from a militarist enemy? Would the same events transpire, like they did for Khomm in 12 ABY?

"No", he thought to himself.

"Not on my watch", "Never again".

Dorsk would not let fear drive him back, his people were strong, and he was strong as well. He would use that strength to guide his decision. Along with his good sense for politics and mind of intrigue, of course.

He flashed back to reality to hear the rest of Novak's speech, where he implored the senate to stand for its ideal and serve justice for Xa Fel, but justly and fairly, as for which the Alliance stood.

As the Senator finished his speech, Dorsk stepped forward to the front of his pod. His chin raised high and shoulders broadly standing. As Novak's pod circled back to its original placement, several senators, including Dorsk, clapped with agreement and respect for the interesting and appealing speech of the Fresia Representative.

The Vice Chancellor asked the Senators to vote in favor or against the motion for the Senate Committee on Rules to be involved in the investigation of Sularen and the Xa Fel situation.

Dorsk was about to quickly vote in favor, however he had to think quickly before he made his final decision. Would the Alliance defend his world if Byss attacked Khomm in retaliation? The Old Republic of years past had failed to protect Khomm when it was first attacked and partially obilterated. Could he think that this Alliance would do the same? It wasn't an issue of standing up to Sularen and his policies, but if whether his people would judged and persecuted as they once had been previously.

The thought he had from earlier circled in his mind, reinforcing his decision.

"Never Again", he remembered thinking just moments ago.

He now muttered softly to where his aide and droid could barely hear him speak.

"Never Again".

Without hesitation following that, Dorsk voted in favor of the Motion.

Whatever the struggles his people faced, he and hopefully most of the Alliance would be there to ensure their safety and way of life. He would not let his world succumb to whim of another Imperial, never again.

He had thought to officially introduce himself to the Chancellor and the other influential Senators. However, he remembered about the upcoming party being held by Arkanian Representatives. This was for the sole purpose of attempting to garner votes against adding Arkania to the GA's cloning ban. Which currently only one other world he was aware of that was exempt from this ban.

Khomm.

His Home.

Even though he didn't personally believe in the societal rhetoric of his kin back home, he did understand and support his people's cloning practices. The Khommites are stubborn, once they choose something, good luck getting them to change their thoughts on it.

With his thoughts circling back, he knew he would officially meet his new colleagues at the gala. He soon turned to his aide and asked him to schedule an appointment with the Arkanian delegation, with hopes to help them garner support for their cause.

Chancellor Emerita / Advisor of State
gold_texture_2_by_stock_pics_textures_1.png

bfda42683b6dc8dac9de44ec1db26f827e9c3d1c.gifv

The Chancellor resumed her seat as the Vice-Chair took charge of the situation. Which was a generous bit of phrasing, she realized, as she watched the man unceremoniously remove his shoe and begin pounding on her podium. At first, she was shocked and openly wondered whether the event had actually occurred, but when she realized it had she glared up at him as if to warn him not to do that again. "Honestly, Aerarii," she muttered almost inaudibly, a mere hint of amusement in her voice.

She continued to watch as he named Vosh-Sularen and made the formal preparations to sanction the member. When she entered the chamber, despite all logic, Adhira had been willing to give them 'Brothers Byss' the benefit of the doubt. Instead of acting with decorum or sense, they seemed hell-bent on demonstrating to the entire galaxy just how far they were willing to press the envelope. For Adhira, the envelope had started ripping long ago and she was well and truly through with wondering when Byss was going to attempt secession. History would not repeat itself on her watch and it was now clear that the Sularen family had to be pulled out - root and stem - if Byss was to thrive. Her steady hand would do the job.

When the Imperator turned to leave, despite Tithe's warning, she turned to the Staff Aide and raised an eyebrow. "Have the Senate Guard boot Imperator Sularen's ship," she said calmly. "as of now, he is officially under suspicion for sedition. If he attempts to circumvent the lockdown, arrest him." The spindly alien in elegant robes beside her nodded dutifully and muttered into her hand communicator to the Captain of the Senate Guard. The Chancellor was certain that the Sularen brothers would make an attempt to flee. "And if the Senator or the Imperator attempt to circumvent these measures?"

'Shoot them down' is what Adhira had wanted to say, but even traitors had the right to be assumed innocent. "If Marlon attempts to flee Coruscant, it will only strengthen the case against them and ensure their downfall," Adhira said calmly.

Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe l Denzul Vosh-Sularen Denzul Vosh-Sularen l Rafiq Novak l Maou Maou l Julius Loghain Julius Loghain l Gat Tambor Gat Tambor l Auteme Auteme l Otto Shule Otto Shule l Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo l Shoma Ike Shoma Ike l Faith Organa Faith Organa l Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau l Sssar Taszzn Sssar Taszzn l Dorsk 156 l Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi l Gerault Rush Gerault Rush l Brama Tagge Brama Tagge

Last edited:
Handwaved by the executive, Gerault leaned back in his seat, frustrated with the blatant hypocrisy and disregard for principle. He wanted to believe otherwise, but it was clear that in the Chandra Administration that the law was only another tool to use against political opponents. If the Alliance was truly interested in achieving a just resolution, they most certainly could have done so, but it seemed that they were more interested in a swift solution rather than a just one.

Gerault faced a problem of principle. He did believe that it was more likely than not that Sularen was guilty of at least some of the accusations levied against him - his personal conduct and outbursts proved his instability. However, Gerault was not unaware of the grossly partisan conduct unfolding before him.

Had this inquiry been conducted in a more objective manner, he would have proudly voted to take action against the Lord-Imperator from Byss. He believed in the rule of law, and that it cut both ways to apply to both the state and those within its jurisdiction. What Gerault saw today was a steamrolling of justice and a contempt for the law and civil procedure which elevated the Galactic Alliance above other institutions. He would not dignify this motion nor the vote which would see it introduced before the legislature.

He would not vote in the affirmative. He would not vote in the negative. He would not abstain. Instead, rising from his seat, he and the delegation from Corulag proceeded to exit the Senate chambers while the vote was still being conducted. If they called the roll, they would find that no one from Corulag would answer.

Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe Auteme Auteme Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo Dorsk 156 Faith Organa Faith Organa IVI IVI Julius Loghain Julius Loghain Maou Maou Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi Rafiq Novak Shoma Ike Shoma Ike

There are those moments when you look in one direction when you should have been looking the other. Faith felt that right now, while she had been gazing across the pods of all the representatives she missed the looks exchanged between the repulsor pod with the Byss delegation to that of the Chancellors' party.

The matter was settled for the moment. But was Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen planning on cooperation or was he planning on giving the finger to the entire Senate. There was a slight shove from behind as Faith turned, the look in Becca's eyes.

She nodded for her to come closer, "Leaving might help his mood, but it will only infuriate others. They will see it as him having no respect for the rules here in Senate. Hopefully he is only going for air"

Becca inched back shaking her head she knew one thing she never wanted to be this close to politics again. Faith turned back to the floor, whatever she had to say it would now wait. It wasn't so important in the grand scheme of things.

SetoHeader10.png

Seto Du Couteau, Senator of Empress Teta
Objective: Listen
Action: Voting in favor of the Motion
Attire

Br8YpBr.png

Seto eyed the Representatives from Byss, their outburst were rather poor emotional control. There was a fine line between impassioned and delusional incoherency. He thought there were far better ways to handle this sort of inquiry and subsequent trial. The wheels of bureaucracy were slow things to move, though large and crushing if ever caught beneath it, easy to get out of the way or even slow it down some more. Seto was of the opinion that to ever get caught or crushed by the wheel it was either down by one’s own volition or simply attempting to save something unsalvageable that has already been crushed beneath the wheel. Instead the boarish leaders of Byss wish to head on the Alliance.

“Cry havoc for those who fight chaos with chaos; and let slip the dogs of war. . .” Seto spoke gently through pursed lips. Ideals of War are in the air. . .

Glancing towards the other nearby Senators in their pods, he wondered if any held any sense of sympathy for Byss. The planet had been targeted by the Eternal Empire, and vast swaths of Alliance Citizens were rather sympathetic to such plight, But to others they see it as cosmic justice. Seto leaned back on his seat and eyed his data-pad, the vote to have the Committee of Rules pursue Byss’s blatant criminal actions against other Member Worlds was smart. It would certainly give the Press something to talk about for weeks on end, and should Corellia and Kuat pursue a joint effort to punish Byss?

The young Du Couteau heir sighed wearily, it was impossible to right every wrong in the galaxy and no doubt the Senator of Byss thought this was his only play he had left. Voting in favor of the motion Seto stood up and headed out of his pod and back to his office.

He had more meetings to attend to before the day’s end and this whole debacle will no doubt shake a few things back in the Empress Teta stock exchange. War’s never good for business if it’s fought in our backyard. Seto gave one last look into the Senate Chambers and with a soft smile he began to walk back to his next meeting.

|| Spirit of Wisdom Spirit of Wisdom | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Maou Maou | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Auteme Auteme | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | IVI IVI ||

BPd4AH0.gif

THE DIRECTOR
CORUSCANT | SIA HEADQUARTERS PROJECTING TO SENATE CHAMBER
CLAP HANDS
FS3Gb3Y.png

Impartiality was a far cry from M’s stance on..many things. The impassioned senate demanded placidity to her approach, and the Chiss only offered a small shrug in response. She’d represented the evidence from her agents and motioned for the evidence to be carried forward to the courts. Justice was never hers to officially deliver. But this was not a jury, she could bias her own rhetoric freely.

The Nephilim reacted as M had anticipated. Her expression remained listless throughout the entire direction of the riposte, the only movements she made were brief intervals to sip at her blue milk.
A vote came to pass, appealing to the democratic nature of The Alliance –– some abstained, some favoured, some denied. When the murmurs of the motion started to dwindle, M took the opportunity to enlarge her projection once more and push her pod out to the centre. The holoprojection of the woman’s lithe silhouette leaned forward a pace.

“It seems as though a conclusionhas been reached.” M noted, giving a handful of seconds to the attendees to acknowledge that the Director was speaking once more. She raised a gentle hand as if petting the air to dissuade it from becoming upset. “Not to intentionally distract you all from the delegation at hand, but as I mentioned before, The Alliance’s efforts to unify the Core has been impressive and swift. In its time, The Senate has suffered a handful of losses –– murders, by another name –– and it’s time we take a look at The Senate through many lenses.

Protection being one, curiosity the other. It is our duty to all those brought to the fold to maintain its strength and reinforce it.

This is why I’m proposing a full investigation of our representative’s affairs. So we are not forced to be reactive when it comes to the sanctity of our senate. As much as I hope the Lord-Imperator is a unique instance, we cannot assume this is the case. Given the Senate's affinity to be aware of all The Alliance's going on, I'm bringing this forward.

Do rest assured, the agency has been largely unnoticed and will continue to be until the warrants are required to work alongside the Judicial Forces.
After all, we collect information. Not bodies.”

One long leg crossed over the other, concealed beneath the onyx fabric and she leaned back in her seat. Being a projection, she was unable to make striking eye contact with those she was most suspicious of. But they were there.

“This trial, I hope, is one of a few pending

We must be as honourable as we claim.”

CGk8M4w.png

Marlon Sularen Marlon Sularen | Adhira Chandra Adhira Chandra | Aerarii Tithe Aerarii Tithe | Julius Loghain Julius Loghain | Maou Maou ] | Faith Organa Faith Organa | Shoma Ike Shoma Ike | Dorsk 156 | Mazik Stazi Mazik Stazi | Donavon Arturo Donavon Arturo | Auteme Auteme | Seto Du Couteau Seto Du Couteau | Gerault Rush Gerault Rush

This is to kickoff a faction narrative of investigating the senate. If your senator has been up to something, and would like to participate, please shoot me a PM!

Also, if you wanna write a member of the judicial forces and clamp down on some corruption, that is super welcomed. Now's your time to shine.

Before the vote could be completed, Sularen exchanged heated words with the Member for Byss in the Byss Senatorial pod before hastily departing the chamber. From her elevation position next to him, Adhira issued orders to the Senate Guard to stop the Senator - and if possible, the Lord Imperator - from departing Coruscant until the inquiry could be completed.

Votes came in quickly from the floor, the majority of members simple yelling out support for the proposal rather than lodging a formal vote. So long as a clear vocal majority was in favour, an official ballot was not required. “Ah, yes, the motion passes,” Tithe announced. “The matter will be referred to the Committee on Rules.”

Comprised of the most senior and experienced Senators, the Committee’s role was to ensure the integrity of the Federal Assembly was upheld at all times and provide oversight of elected Senators and Representatives. The Committee largely dealt with procedural matters and official complaints, so a proper investigation would be an exciting change of pace.

The enigmatic M, in her closing remarks, revealed that the SIA would not be ceasing their investigations of the Senator after the matter of Byss had been resolved. The revelations was… concerning. Tithe’s dealings and arrangements were all technically above the law, though most were in a very grey, sometimes bordering on very grey indeed. ‘Light corruption’ was probably the best way to describe them. He would need to be careful going forward - the Director did not strike him as the type of Chiss to leave any stone unturned.

“And with that, I’ll now call a recess,” the Vice Chancellor explained, banging his improvised shoe-gavel on the table to signal the end of the session. As the Chancellor’s pod descended toward the floor and it’s holding chamber beneath, Tithe’s mind whirled as he made a mental list of any possible leaks which could threaten his career.

Unfortunately for him, in the short time it took to Chancellor’s podium to retract into the floor, he’d already composed a long list.

A very long list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom