Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

games workshop pics

sabrina

okay will do I just found pic of some thing what looked like a cool sith for some one later, while looking a pic for a droid. [member="Kyra Sol"]

Nyxie

【夢狐】
Darth Vornskr said:
Still, they don't like their images being used.

Or so I've heard.
Unless you draw/paint/assemble them in your own style or mould parts of it yourself out of Green Stuff. They usually don't care about showcasing and pride in one's work. People taking pride in their own creativity is good for business anyways, I would think. I asked an RM.

Darth Vornskr said:
Still, they don't like their images being used.

Or so I've heard.
This is the dumbest thing I've ever karking heard on this board, and it's not just you saying it.

Someone show me proof.

Here's mine.

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Copyright-and-Legal-Information?_requestid=11070341

http://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Intellectual-Property-Policy

Specifically,
  • Keep it non-commercial. This is the big one. Whatever you are doing should be produced simply for the enjoyment of you and other hobbyists. No money should change hands! If you are receiving payment from these activities, paying someone else for them, or using them to promote a business or product, then this will likely be an infringement of one or more of our IP rights.
FOLLOWED BY

• Make it clear that what you are doing is entirely unofficial. Whether it’s your club or tournament name, a domain name or the title of some fan-fiction, please make it clear from the naming, content and manner of presentation that it is unofficial. To that end, please do notexclusively use Games Workshop’s logos or marks on any of the things you are devising, and please do include the word ‘unofficial’ prominently on your website, poster or other materials. For example, don’t use ‘The Warhammer Club’ or ‘spacehulk.com’. Instead, create your own names, such as ‘The Hellfire Hunters’ or ‘cleanseandburn.com’ or other far more creative names!

IN CONCLUSION

• Copyright. Don’t use material protected by copyright. Please don’t use images from our website, chunks of text lifted from our publications or any of our artwork. We’d encourage you instead to write your own descriptions and maybe even draw your own pictures and maps. Never distribute copies of our publications or other protected material for free.
  • Derivative works. Be aware that if you use our copyright protected material to make something else then the thing you make will be a derivative work and you should not claim that anyone other than Games Workshop owns copyright over Games workshop-owned IP or derivatives of it. So if you draw a picture or write a story and it includes Blood Angels fighting Tyranids, our Gotrek and Felix characters, or any other protected elements, then Games Workshop owns rights in those works and therefore you cannot go off and sell prints of your picture or copies of your story.

I understand copyright infringement is a huge and scary place to you guys, but I get more well versed in it every day, and the biggest issue ANYONE cares about is MONEY.

Nothing is sold on this website.

We even cite ownership.

Stop spreading these rumors. Games Workshop is no different than any other company when it comes to their intellectual property, and being an RPG-esque company, they're WELL aware that fan communities do it.

Those people aren't the people they're worried about, because we're not trying to claim it's ours or make money from it.

This website loses money, it does not make it.

Trust me, I know.

Ashe the Reaper said:
So does that mean GW-derivative artwork is stil Factory-banned?
The official role of Staff is to comply with the owner of the IP's wishes.

The official role of Staff is not to allow services to be sold for real monetary value on SWRP.

That's all you guys really need to know. Anything beyond that is your choices. We do ask that all images receive proper citation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom