Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Game On! [Arcade Thread]

Cato found himself unprepared as Inanna kissed him, sputtering out a chuckle as she broke away to tease Serena, "Whack-A-Sith? Easy."

They'd see about that soon enough. Inanna went first, and did pretty good, making Serena laugh harder and harder with each Sith she bopped. By extension Cato found it hysterical because she found it so hysterical. He sighed and took the mallet, but froze as he saw his daughter trying to grasp it, "You wanna play? Alright, consider it practice," If she ended up being a Jedi one day, then smacking Sith would need to be a life skill.

Serena cackled the whole time, swinging the hammer as wildly as her little baby arms would allow. Cato then put in a second token and took his turn, hoping to make up for some of his past failures.

Inanna Harth Inanna Harth
Tokens: 3
Tickets: 43​

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil snorted.

Not because he thought her saying she loved him was funny. No, he just knew why she did it. Their bond always made it easy for them to know each other's thoughts. Including the reason behind the grin he wore as he helped to hoist her up a bit more. Keep her off her feet a little more often if it helped. Until air hocky. His gaze fell on Vera as he smirked, and turned to the table. Took up his position to start actually playing.

And immediately she started to use the Force. He snickered a bit as his paddle went wider than he intended, nearly out of his grip, all so she could get a point. Though he did raise a brow towards her.

"I don't mind if you use the Force against me, little star. But do keep in mind as Jedi we're not supposed to use the Force for our own personal gain." He then struck out, knocking around the puck once the next round began. And used the Force to promptly spin the puck in a different direction than it should before sending it right for her goal.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

H1GC0hP.png

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Outfit: Casual | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble

He knew.

Kahlil always saw through her tricks, but she did also enjoy telling him that she loved him. Almost as much as hearing him say it to her. But as soon as Vera wanted to play games, it was time to stand on her own feet again. Watching father and daughter play games together to have fun made it easy enough to forget about the sore feet.

And she could always bug Kahlil later for a massage too.

Vera was able to score the first point with a telekinetic trick and looked up to hear what her father had to say. Despite it, he also used the Force in an attempt to confuse her, but rather than scoring what should have been an easy point, Vera suddenly placed her paddle straight into the actual path of the puck. She had seen it happen.

"I'm not doing this for me. I'm winning for mommy because she always loses," she said with the smug grin of a little brat, and Valery just snickered proudly despite having to hear all about losing again. This was definitely the Noble side in her showing again, and she loved to see it.

Vera then struck the puck and tried to make it bounce for his goal again. This time without using the Force, knowing that it really was for the best not to abuse it. She just wanted to be clever and funny.

(rolling 5 times for 8/10)

Serena didn't really have the physical strength needed to properly whack Sith, but she made up for it in enthusiasm. Then it was Daddy's turn, which got her laughing again. Babies never seemed to get bored with repetition.

"Good job," Inanna said, wrapping an arm around Cato. "If we pool our tickets, we should definitely be able to get the bigger prizes." She wanted a hoverboard. Y'know, for Serena. When she was older. Yeah.

"The place I worked at was called Euphoria. It was actually more of a resort and hotel with a club attached. Not exactly child-friendly, but if you want to check it out after we put the baby to bed..."

They were down to just a few more tokens. "Dance Dance Regeneration?" she suggested. The game machines were currently crowded with teenagers, aside from a Zeltron man who looked to be around the same age as Cato. And hey, Inanna was only in her early 200s, so it wasn't that weird for her to join in. "I'm a pretty good dancer, although this is more jumping jacks with extra steps than dancing..."

Cato Harth Cato Harth Cyran Vaas Cyran Vaas Daiya Daiya Zak Dymo Zak Dymo
Tokens: 3
Tickets: 71​

Last edited:
Attire: Red t-shirt and denim trousers
Tags: Daiya Daiya , Cinder Cinder , open!

5uN0d7G.png

Zeltros. Again. Zoey had been to the planet of pink hued humans before. She didn't exactly complain about her parents decisions of business trips and destinations. Being a wealthy business couple from Coruscant, her dad always suggested classy locations with the right vibe promising a closed deal. Everywhere they went though, there was always the constant struggle to live up to the expectations of an upper class girl. For her parents sake, that was. Not her owns, no. It was kind of the same deal at home, her mother pushing her around and were always there in the morning to see to it that Zoey didn't turn up to school looking like a slob. As if that would happen! Zoey had a strong mind of her own though, and would just roll her eyes and just grab the hoverblade hockey stick of hers and head out to the air taxi waiting on her. She knew her mother were silently shaking her head at her hopeless daughter. Sometimes, it felt kind of like a relief being in school. Not to mention the hockey rink. No one pushed you-... Yeah, okay. Coach, then, but it was a completely different thing.

This particular evening, Zoey had been allowed (as usual, after some time convincing her parents) to go out and explore the area close to their hotel on her own. Well, not entirely on her own as she had an N5 security droid with her. That was the condition set by her parents. It was not like she couldn't handle herself, but she was still a teenager and robbers in a big city like this would be something else than bullies at school. That big-mouthed and headstrong queenie girl from Denon she met at the Globex-Sun Galactic Games would probably testify for her abilities to catch thieves and defend herself, but Zoey's parents did win sometime.

''It'll just be some games at an arcade, what could possibly happen? The slot machine coming to life, turning out to be carnivore and eat me whole?!'' Zoey blurted out as they walked down the street, clawed and made a scary face at the security droid accompanying her, before letting out an amused chuckle. That would be such a silly kriffing holomovie! Zoey had kept it young and casual for the evening, with a red t-shirt with some print on the front and light blue denim trousers, her hair combed and naturally let out on her shoulders.

Getting into the arcade was easy. No ID checks, it wasn't a nightclub after all, only a few security droids and the staff. It was crowded, and lights from the games and just the enough amount of neon not to give you a seizure. It was so cool! After a winning game in Air Null Hockey, Zoey moved on through the arcade and curiously watched the other games that were offered this night. Eventually, she approached something called the Dance Dance Regeneration.

Last edited:
Cato finished by twirling the mallet in a flourish, and nodded in approval at his own success. "Good idea," He grinned. As it was, they already had a healthy stock of tickets if pooled together, but a few more tokens left to spend. Inanna circled back to a pervious question he asked regarding her old place of work, the details of which raised his eyebrow, "Wellll if you want, why not? Gotta find some time for ourselves this vacation," He leaned in playfully, but Serena interrupted him by smacking his cheek repeatedly, "Alright, alright, next game."

Inanna pointed out a dance game, which Cato was initially hesitant about since it seemed to be locked down by a group of kids. But by now there was a bit of space for them to get a turn in, and Inanna took the chance to show off, "Nice moves. Didn't think you had it in you," He smirked. Serena found the display rather entertaining herself, but wouldn't be getting her own turn this time, "Sorry sweetie, you're just gonna get jostled around," He trasnferred the baby to her mother, and gave DDR his best shot.

Tokens: 2
Tickets: 65​

Last edited:

H1GC0hP.png

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Sadly, she's right." Well, except for that one spar when Valery had kicked him below the belt. But usually he was far too good at reading Valery through their bond, making it impossible for her to win. Even with something unrelated like teasing, be had the upperhand.

Vera knew this.

"Aha!" Vers giggled when she scored another point, but with her dad playing more seriously now, he was able to quickly score one back. He was going to tie very soon, Vera knew, so she decided to cheat a little more.

Right as the puck reached her goal, it seemed to bounce off of an invisible barrier, "Miss!" She yelled with a grin while she tried her best to keep the score in her favor until the timer ran out.

(rolling 2 times for 10/10)

She had more tickets in her pocket now.

Less tokens... but, accumulating prize tickets was quite addicting. Cinder liked the lights and the sounds of the machines now; it was like music. The Galaxy Wheel was especially interesting, the way it turned and turned... until.

Tickets! Lots of tickets.

Cinder followed her ears to the next game -- one with actual music. She canted her head to the side as she read: Dance, Dance, Regeneration. Turning, she saw another teen standing near the row of dancing games. "How..." she started. "Do you play this game?"

Maybe the other girl, Zoey Bradiss Zoey Bradiss would know what to do.

Tokens Spent: 1
Tokens Remaining: 6
Tickets Won: 20

Total Tickets: 64

"Wellll if you want, why not? Gotta find some time for ourselves this vacation."

Inanna whistled a catcall, then barked out a laugh when Serena smacked Cato. "Uh, I mean, don't hit him. He's not a Sith."

It looked playful, but Serena could get pretty ornery, especially when she was tired or hungry or both. Inanna took her from Cato and offered her a snack, which Serena immediately gobbled up. It was probably a good thing she was distracted by her food, and didn't witness the travesty that followed.

But Inanna did. Inanna saw it all.

"Cais ned'jin..." she muttered, staring at Cato's score with wide eyes. She turned to him with a teasing smile. "Well, that settles it. We're going dancing tonight. You need the practice. Unless..."

She passed Serena to Cato. "Daddy!" Serena cheered in a singsong voice, offering him some of her snacks. Meanwhile Inanna put another token in the machine and tried again...

Cato Harth Cato Harth
Tokens: 2
Tickets: 87​

Last edited:

H1GC0hP.png

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"No fair! You cheated!" Vera called out without shame when her father had the puck break through her barrier. Valery snickered and almost cried with laughter, but Vera was dead serious. They were tied now, and her father had enough time on the clock to score. He had the upper hand.

But the second he threatened to score the winning point, the puck suddenly froze, and it wasn't Vera this time.

Bzzzzz

The game was over, and slowly, Vera turned her eyes to her mother, who was grinning mischievously between her daughter and husband. "Oh well, it seems it's a draw!" she flicked some of her long hair over her shoulder and shot Kahlil a wink. Sometimes, mom and daughter just had to team up.

"Mhmm! Can we go get the prizes now? I want the plushy!" She looked at her father with big, pleading eyes.

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Oho, we're not done yet Vera. I've still got more tokens." He flashed a wide grin before setting back down the puck. They'd settle the winner, once and for all. Kahlil was never one to settle for a tie, after all.

"But, no Force. Can't accidentally send the puck into someone."

Sure enough, Kahlil ended up loosing. They couldn't simply turn off the Force, but her ability to predict through it was startlingly better than his. By the end, she was indeed the winner. By one point. He certainly didn't make it easy.

"Okay okay. Time for the plushy, yeah?"

H1GC0hP.png

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Okay!" Vera said, clearly not interested in a draw either. Hardly surprising for a Noble, so Valery watched with a big grin, as daughter and father battled it out in this arcade game. But without intentional use of the Force, and her dad not going all-out, Vera was actually able to win. She couldn't help the fact that her visions showed so much, so it was hardly cheating.

Just convenient.

"I did it! Look, mommy!" Vera hopped up and down, hoping to get her mother's attention.

"I see it! Well done, sweetie!" Valery grinned, walked over, and pulled her little star into a tight hug. But with the mention of plushies, the little Noble was quickly distracted again. She ran over to where she could get her prizes, and the first thing she spotted was a massive Wampa plushy.

Her eyes went wide.

"Woah! I want-" she paused, turned around, and looked at her mother's stomach. "Hmmm, Daddy can I have three small plushies?" she asked, and Valery felt her heart melt. "Oh baby, you can take the big one. We'll buy your siblings their own."

"Nuh uh! I want to get them plushies!"

Valery blinked and turned to Kahlil. "Well, I don't see a problem with it?"

Kahlil_Div2.png

Kahlil paused to watch Vera for a moment. Then looked to Valery. He chuckled a little before nodding his head.

"Alright, Vera. Pick out the three smaller plushies you want."

<We'll buy her one of her own, if we don't have the tickets for it.>
He glanced to his wife, simply giving her a small nod. It was the least they could do for what Vera was willing to do for her siblings.

Valery Noble Valery Noble

H1GC0hP.png

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Yay!" Vera grinned hopped up and down, and ran off to the select the plushies she wanted. "Adam likes the Nexu, Aurra wants the little Akk dog and Aeryn the scary Vornskr!" Vera said, mostly just to herself while she picked out the three stuffed animals.

Valery watched curiously, and Kahlil could likely see her shift around a little when the Vornskr was picked for Aeryn. It was the creature that had scarred her face so long ago.

<We have enough for the massive plushie too.> She looked at Kahlil, smiled, and dipped her head in agreement. "Hey little star? Go pick up that big wampa too. You've earned it today."

"Really?!" Vera bounced again and ran up to her parents to give them both a tight hug. "Daddy? Can you hold the Wampa? He's a little big for me." She giggled and grabbed her mother's hand, before taking her father's as well.

This was a day their little star wasn't ever going to forget.

Cato could tell right away that he wasn't going to be able to keep up with the machine. One missed step, and his whole timing was off. Still he did his best, even if it didn't amount to much. He scoffed at the measly three tickets that popped out, snatching them, "Is that what the kids call dancing these days?" He shook his head, "I swear I'm not usually so clumsy on the dance floor," Perhaps he would have a chance to prove it at the club.

"It's almost like… my performance is being determined randomly by an outside force," Cato stared ahead, as if looking at some unseen presence. He then blinked as if that never happened, taking his daughter back, "Why thank you," He nibbled on one of the offered snacks. Meanwhile, Inanna gave it another go, only solidifying her skill with the game, "You're on a roll tonight. I don't need to go again to know I'll embarrass myself further. Let's find something else."

Cato strolled on over to the Scree-Ball game, his eyes lighting up, "Aw, yeah, I love this one!" He put in his second-to-last token, and rolled the first ball up the lane.

Tokens: 1
Tickets: 68​

"It's almost like… my performance is being determined randomly by an outside force."

"It was the Will of the Force that you would suck?" Inanna asked, handing him Serena.

Her attempt to prove that the machine was rigged only succeeded in proving that Cato did, in fact, suck. She sighed as she watched tickets spill out of the machine. They had enough now for her precious hoverboard. On the other hand, if they kept playing, and managed to get high scores, they might have enough tickets to get another prize. Hmm... Inanna's thinking was interrupted by Serena offering her food as well. "Ooh, thank you."

"Yee," Serena said, shoving another handful of snacks into her mouth.

In the meantime, Cato had honed in on the Scree-Ball machine, getting the highest score he'd had all night. "Another balls-in-holes game," Inanna mused aloud, giggling. "I think you've got a specialization, Cato."

While Inanna wasn't looking, Serena picked up one of the balls and threw it, not at the Scree-Ball machine, but across the arcade...

Cato Harth Cato Harth
Tokens: 1
Tickets: 103​

H1GC0hP.png

Zeltros
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery reached for the offered hand and gently squeezed it once their fingers had interlaced. After spending a lot of time at home, this day away from the comfort of the couch was exactly what she needed, and it showed. She was smiling, didn't look as tired or cranky, and seemed ready to take on the next day together with her family. The pregnancy was going well, and they were there for her — that's what matters the most.

"It really was," Valery said with a gentle bump into him. "I do have sore feet from walking around all day, soooo~" she began to smirk and looked at him from the corners of her eyes.

"I'd love a good massage."

Vera giggled and jumped up and down while she held her mother's hand. She was young, but not too young to understand that her mom was cleverly using circumstances to get a massage out of her dad.

"I want to watch the holo when we get home!"

"You can, little star," Valery said and now gently squeezed her daughter's hand. "Today is all about fun."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom