Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Galactic Defense Initiative - Interest Check

Azreth Vandic

Dead Man's Captain
GDI.png
The Galactic Defense Initiative (GDI)
Its time for a military movement unlike any that exists today. Groups of evil of risen above the surface, revealing their ugly face, and reveling in the blood of innocents. The time has come for red tape to be thrown to the side, time to stop ignoring the cries of people desperate to leave the grasp of the tyrannical bodies that flood this galaxy.
As a stratocracy, we will take each planet back from the grips of evil, and protect them. We are the war on terrorism, and that's exactly what the Sith and First Order are, terror in physical form. We will do what we must, and we will achieve victory against the enemies of the galaxy.

What is the GDI: The GDI is an idea for a military lead faction, ignoring the red tape of political affairs, and doing what others can not. The GDI will be a Stratocracy, a government headed military chiefs instead one singular person. Positions of the government are held by commissioned officers and military leaders. Citizens with mandatory or voluntary military service along with veterans honorably discharged can elect, and govern. The law, constitution and society support the military's judiciary, legislative, and administrative powers. The slight difference is that worlds that will be occupied by the GDI will be free, with their own representative to the military that will be elected by it's people. This faction is a light-sided faction, will work with the Republic, Jedi, and Alliance if it can be done.

What makes the GDI different from the Republic and Alliance: A lot actually, there is no senate, no Jedi order or any form of religious Force sect. It will all be military based, with Force Sensitives treated no different than the average soldier. Should a planet ever be bombarded or any extreme action taken, it will be done because the GDI felt it necessary.

Who should join the GDI: If your character is fine with planetary bombardment, violent removal of indoctrinated citizens, and many other forms of violent, but necessary acts that others may see as extreme, too far, and even inhumane, this is the place.

This is as far as I got with the idea. Ranks, Sects, and all that good stuff is still a work in progress, but so far I have the initial idea down, and wondering would anyone be interested in this kind of faction? I guess you could say it appears like the Imperial Remnant with the Moff Council, but I want to assure you that this isn't that. More like the Republic without the Senate, or Jedi Order.

I wasn't even sure what to do with Force Sensitives truth be told.

Critiques, and comments are always welcome!

Jsc

Disney's Princess
[member="Zyin Frost"]

Member since "Today" and already preaching how to beat everybody at the Map, ever.

Balls'y AF. :D :p

Oh. And bonus points for anybody who noticed the: "we'll bombard planets, because reasons".

Azreth Vandic

Dead Man's Captain
[member="Kaine Australis"]

I can see what you mean, except less empire, and clans.

[member="Jay Scott Clark"]

I always say "If you're gonna start somewhere, start big?" And yes I question the last part.

skin, bone, and arrogance
It'd be cool if you bothered to do some research on the First Order as it operates on this board (vs. the films) before labeling us as terrorists.

But that's not really on trend here, so I can hardly blame you.

Also, bombarding planets doesn't make you that much different from the other LS factions. So-called lightsiders have been responsible for 80% of the board's recent mass murders. Now if you were to swear off bombarding -- heck, any form of mass murder -- hoo, boy, that's what I call standing out.

Good luck :)

skin, bone, and arrogance
Azreth Vandic said:
[member="Natasi Fortan"]

I appreciate the critique

http://starwarsrp.net/topic/122330-baby-make-me-sick-first-order-dominion-of-ketal-hex/

sounds like a form of terrorism in your objectives....or is this nor the First Order you are speaking of?
I enjoy metagaming as much as the next girl, but even so, I wouldn't call a clandestine "false flag" type operation of this nature as "terrorism." To each his own, though. :)

After your first planetary bombardment we can compare notes on the most effective way of killing. It'll be fun.

Natasi Fortan said:
I enjoy metagaming as much as the next girl, but even so, I wouldn't call a clandestine "false flag" type operation of this nature as "terrorism."To each his own, though. After your first planetary bombardment we can compare notes on the most effective way of killing. It'll be fun
I mean, there is no agreed upon term of terrorism but in it's most basic form.

How is this Metagaming? This is totally OOC, which any information can be discussed OOC so long as it isn't used ICly correct? Regardless if we agree or disagree upon what term to use, the First Order is still bad guys, which they are on the films.

[member="Kei Amadis"]

So like a subfaction?

[member="Zyin Frost"]

Sure. I advise that as you are new and haven't made contacts with rp'ers who might support you.

As a minor, if you agree with the major, you can dev all your own stuff and keep it with you. Then if you ever need split from the major down the line, maybe it goes inactive, its all there for you to move with.
As you are doing this you can develop out the identity of the minor faction. It'll take work. Lot of work to get a faction off the ground, but going this route its less a mountain and more steady climb.

Losing is tempoary, giving up is permanent.
This seems alright if a bit rushed forward seeing as your new here, I sujest you look around for a bit and understand the current lore before making a faction. [member="Azreth Vandic"]

[member="Natasi Fortan"], I am not sure you can just say out right that LS factions have been responsible for 80% of mass murders. I seem to recall many threads like the Invasion and skirmishes of past SJO/GA and even nuteral worlds that involved quite a lot of genocide and deliberate killing of non combatants. I'm addtion I am not sure you should count self DM opposition on this regard or when's DS characters take control of LS or forces and PCs making then comit war crimes (e.g. Your shot me missed departing a hospital full of orphans). Unless you where just joking, then forget what I said.

Ever Dawnracer

E
[member="Azreth Vandic"]
Don't mind Natasi. She's antagonistic by nature. Just do you're thing. Sounds cool.

Republic can't support mass casualty tactics, but you do you.

[member="Sky'ito Yumi"]
I believe a certain evil group genocided Mirial at one point, just as an example. The group no longer exists, but that doesn't matter. Natasi just likes her false propoganda.

Matt the Radar Tech

ꜰɪxɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴏsᴇ ʀᴀᴅᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ sᴛᴜꜰꜰ
You fight against tyrannical Governments, by using mass murder and mass expulsion of citizens unwilling to see your point of view or otherwise follow your leadership? Awkward.

But, mine isn't to judge; if you need something done, contact us.

Progflaw99

As an aside, it would be nice if we didn't have to turn this into a ridiculous rau. Antagonistic comments from anyone in an LFG thread are uuneccesary. If anyone is confused about what happened at Ketal, I implore you to both read the thread and talk to the First Order admins, we're more than happy to discuss it.

Also, I would suggest we keep this on topic rather than spamming an us v them argument and dragging other factions into it. I say this because it gets old, hearing the same nuanced argument over and over again.

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]
[member="Natasi Fortan"]
[member="Zyin Frost"]

More to the OP though, what if you modified it, towards a common goal as opposed to such an open ended "war against terror"? Focusing in on "Humanity First" or something like Cerberus from the Mass Effect games might give you a little bit more narrow of an objective and drive long term activity.

Ever Dawnracer

E
Rolf Amsel said:
More to the OP though, what if you modified it, towards a common goal as opposed to such an open ended "war against terror"? Focusing in on "Humanity First" or something like Cerberus from the Mass Effect games might give you a little bit more narrow of an objective and drive long term activity.
Jest, Rolf. New word for you. If I was being antagonistic it would have been a lot more than poking gestures about false propoganda and making light of her nature.

As a fair bit of warning to the OP on what Rolf says, narrow objective, narrow member base. Speaking as someone who ran an Echani major faction, having things narrowed specifically down to a small thing doesn't give members room to expound the same way a broad objective does. There are pros and cons to all ideas, of course.

Jsc

Disney's Princess
Azreth Vandic said:
I always say "If you're gonna start somewhere, start big?"
Go big or go home, right? Ha. Nice.

You're going to do well here. I look forward to seeing you smash as many "bad guy" faces as possible. May the pewpew, be with you. :D :p

Progflaw99

[member="Ever Dawnracer"]

Cast the net too wide, and you lose cohesion. Culturally based factions have always had it tough on Chaos, so I don't think that's a particularly accurate assessment, but yes. Too narrow an idea, you often are snuffed out, though that has more to do with story and direction than the actual concept of a faction. Typically, if you get the small things right, the rest will fall into place. That being said, let's just drop it with the condescension. It's entirely unnecessary and continued discourse of that nature is unhelpful. Jokes are jokes, but it's clear you're just being a dick now. So please, stop it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom