Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [GA] Sacrifice's End

"I take it you've been getting into trouble in my absence?"

"No shit," Makko replied, but there was no anger in his voice.

He grinned.

The gesture was undermined by the state of his face. One eyebrow was split, the other cheek was swelling up and his mouth was full of blood.

The physical pain numbed a lot of things. The violent scrap exorcised a few demons, but that was nothing compared to the relief at seeing Starlin freed. Makko didn't understand diplomacy and had assumed the worst: that Starlin would be gone for a very long time.

"Is he okay?" Eliphas queried softly, "I, erm, brought some water... If he'd-- if you'd like it?"

"He wouldn't mind some," Makko mumbled. He spat blood on the floor and ran his tongue around his teeth. To his surprise they were all still there.

Goto

G

"I wonder, young Rakaan," a small voice said from near the Jedi Knight. "Is your answer as honest for your master, as yourself, hm?"

A short distance away, Master Goto stood rather casually, as he eyed the taller sentient. The diminutive Jedi had not intended to eavesdrop, of course, but that was the nature of things being public. Nonetheless, there was no judgment in Master Goto's tone or expression, just simply a question that would - hopefully - cause Rakaan to consider more fully his words and intention.

"Saw your adventure, I did," Master Goto smiled as he walked forward, his hands folded at the base of his back. "Passing by in my transport, to the celebration of peace. More important to stop, I believed, to offer assistance... but handled it, you have."

There was no denying the effectiveness the Jedi Knight possessed, though there was some concern over the underlying willingness to escalate. While Master Goto did not have all the details, it remained that Rakaan held the potential to end the chase, considerably quicker and with less pomp and display, were he inclined.

And perhaps the Jedi Knight knew that.

"Well done, young Rakaan," Master Goto said with a comforting smile. "Another threat to the public put away, all told, hm?"

The small Jedi Master turned to the Coruscant Officer--

"If any further need of Jedi Horne you have, please contact my holo. He will be with me, yes."

--then looked back to the youth, as Master Goto motioned with a small three-fingered hand.

"Come. Walk, we will. Tell me of your adventures since last we spoke."

Rakaan Horne Rakaan Horne
Note: Retconning Goto's speech patterns, toning them down

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Dreidi nodded her head, "yeah. I hung at the back, it was interesting to seem how other nobles conduct events. Been to a couple events like that." Dreidi wasn't even sure if she was considered a noble herself, while she never looked or lived like one, her mother was technically of royal blood and her half-brother's father was some kind of baron or something.

"Marrying a prince. Doesn't seem exactly the lifestyle you want," Dreidi commented, "at least I never think being a Jedi and being royalty would be two lifestyles that mesh well. Though, I guess the same could be said for being a witch and a Jedi so who am I to comment on that, huh?" Dreidi smirked and shrugged as she finished her smoke and stubbed it out before using the Force to guide it into the trash. "I am not going to offer any relationship advice, I haven't had any myself and dealing with family... Well, all I can say is that I am estranged from most of mine and that wasn't a terrible turn of events."

She laughed when Corazona asked what a corker was. "Wow, really showing your nobility there huh! It was some slang word that I heard people say in the lower levels when I was performing. It means big, large, impressive I think from context clues." She adjusted her robes and showed the large scar that crossed horizontally along her toned abs. "I was fighting Carnifex with Jax Thio and ended up getting this one. Planning to cover the worst of it with some kind of tattoo at some point." Dreidi then sorted her robes once again.

Turning to Corazona, "So, what is your worse scar?"

kFTNC5u.png

CORUSCANT - Goto

div-goldiguess.png

Too caught in his own busied mind, the young Jedi failed to note the diminutive Jedi Master; small as Master Goto was, his call in the Force was ever-mighty and far from a reflection of his own stature. With a hint of worry writ upon his face, Rakaan was confronted by the surge across his senses with the realisation of Goto's presence - a blinding light, a shining star, a dying sun. The Force was a great many things and those that had known greatness were beacons within it, of which only ever promised Rakaan to think of his own presence within it. A dimly lit candle, he felt on his worst days.

"Master Goto," said Rakaan with flustered respect, "I didn't see you there."

Yet while words were pleasant, a thoughtfulness rushed about within. A faint touch of shame, even. The white lie that it was, it would be of no harm, would it? His troubles were his own, he was no longer Korvan's Padawan learner, instead a Jedi Knight in his own right. Though whatever justification Rakaan once found, it was washed away with the flowing words of Goto, rolling across the current.

He smiled gently to the Jedi Master. "I would have welcomed the assistance, master," Rakaan replied easily, a glancing look to the cornered off crash looming behind him. "It would have been some time since I have seen you in action."

His eyes trailed to the officer, then to Goto. In an instant, he felt the Padawan again. Being covered for, rescued from trouble. Did the masters think that of him then, do they think that of him now? No, Rakaan decided, messy as it was his own self-inflicted mission was a success with a criminal stopped. Another threat to public safety put away, all told.

"I have only been on the fronts with the Maw," he said between steps, thinking. "Though that's done with now."

As if on queue, the further rupture of more fireworks split the sky and drowned out the cityscape in a wash of colours.

"That and old Silver space. It looks like there's troubles starting there in their absence."

While Makko drank the water Eli gave him, Starlin lit up a cig. "Did you think I was gonna be stuck in there for a long time?" he asked, guessing at what was on Makko's mind based on the rush of relief he sensed from him. "Nah, dude. The Jedi Council stepped in and saved my ass. They need all the trained Jedi Knights they can get. I do have to do some community service stuff, and I've been kindly advised to never use a mind trick again, let alone on a future head of state..."

He shrugged. "Oh, this is Eliphas Dune, by the way. He's my other Padawan, the one who spent a while in a coma. Don't worry, he can walk, he's just a practical joker." For the first time, Starlin noticed that Mirar was with Eli. "You brought the puppy with you?"

He shrugged again. "Anyway. Makko, where does it hurt the worst?" He flicked open his lighter with a grin. "I wanna teach you a healing spell. That's right, you're getting right back into your training. Teacher's in and school's back in session."

Rriss'aboumo'vrumi

R

Banner_1_coruscant.png

SACRIFICES END
RENAISSANCE ERA
Azolon Blavier (Open)
div1.png

Before his nephew could respond in detail to his previous statements the mind within was pondering about many things regarding his place within the Alliance. There was little doubt that the old guarder's within the Defense Forces would lose their purpose, relegated to patrolling distant systems within alliance territory to prevent pirates and criminals syndicates from establishing themselves. Such a pathetic fate was unthinkable to an esteemed member of the Blavier House of Anaxes and that is why they would target the Final Dawn and its supporters within the galaxy with impunity.

Young Azolon would no doubt become Chancellor of the Alliance given time due to his tenacity and direct knowledge, even if he was yet unaware of the formidable political system that they operated on. However an ear was brought low to receive more insight from the young Major-General before him did confidence raise if only for a brief moment. There were many topics that he could comment on, particularly his plans for a soft-military economy should Azolon make such a proposal and increased efforts in lobbying the senate for military funding. Bringing considerable investment into those sectors mentioned would indeed allow the Defense Forces to counter any threat to the alliance both foreign and domestic, in order to not repeat the same mistakes that had allowed the Brotherhood's Crusade into the Core Region.

Azolon was already studying their mutual opponent High Regent Marlon Sularen, the backbone of the Brotherhood and a considerable genius within space combat, but rather lackluster in commanding ground forces. Although a scowl was brought to his face, upon the mention of his nephew being approached by Corporate officials. It was unthinkable for any blavier to leave the military and he would not allow it.

"Intelligence is certainly not lost on you, Azolon. If you could draw up proposals regarding your reforms then I will pass them along to my contacts in the senate." August explained, finding the best possible chance for them to get the alliance's attention would be through the senate legislature. "You additionally have a keen insight regarding the High Regent of the Final Dawn. If we can force them to fight a ground battle of our choosing then we will have the advantage, being able to crush them before they pose a direct threat to the Alliance's New Era." further comments were added, backing up what Azolon was saying with additional details that would need to be finalized before any actual plan could be launched.

"I have received many contracts, but I will not dishonor the house by accepting them. My place is within the Defense Forces and that is where I'll likely perish." He responded rather stern, there was no place for Members of the Blavier Household to dishonor themselves and their ancestors by choosing any other path than serving within a military.

He handed over the bottle without hesitation, then glanced to Starlin as he introduced him. Eli felt his cheeks reddening slightly as he realized he probably should have said something along those lines himself.
"Glad to finally meet you" he said as he turned back to Makko, "I wish it had been under better circumstances." His fellow Padawan frankly looked like chit. Bloody, swollen, bruised. "Should we get him to the medbay?" he asked their Master, he knew first hand the usefulness of the medical probe on there, they'd helped to stabilize Lissa after all.
Before his suggestion could hold much water though, Starlin was turning the moment into a lesson and Eliphas could not help but grin to know where it was going. He fished in his pocket, pulled out the lighter engraved with dragons which Starlin had once gifted him, and offered it over to Makko so he could try too when the spell was uttered.
As for Mirar?
"She soothes me" he whispered, hoping that only Starlin heard those muttered words. He didn't want to seem soft in the face of his fellow student.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

Jand slowly nodded to what Master Vanagor said, about normal, though he remained unsure.

The Padawan could admit that only several important factors were involved in his sense of self or normal, as it were; the Talo clan and Jand's personal honor, along with a moderate amount of Nagai society mixed in. Beyond that, Jand did what he needed to do, and saw things how he needed to see them. The Jedi philosophy was leaned into, of course, but ultimately Jand was a Nagai...

"I will think on what you said," Jand replied, though his brow remained furrowed. "I agree that personal view is important."

Or, at least, that was what Jand took away from the wisdom provided. Then, as the large Jedi Master spoke of the council, of the honor it could come with, Jand listened. His words made sense, there was a more definitive and agreeable message there, one that Jand felt was accurate and true.

"I understand," the Padawan nodded, less troubled, as he looked to Master Vanagor. "Those are wise words, and I will reflect on them."

Then, a beep from Jand's comm got his attention.

He checked the message.

"I must depart," Jand said simply, as he nodded to his mentor. "I am requested for a briefing. I will seek you out later, in the temple... good luck with your culinary pursuits, Master Vanagor."

With a bow of his head, Jand turned and moved through the crowd, to return to the Jedi Temple proper...

Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren

To float amongst a crowd like a small rain cloud on a bright and shiny day was almost terrifying. It was to look upon the things that should have made you happy and instead feel dread and despair. Jasper was such an undoubtedly valuable member of the Order that his promotion made full sense, one that Aeris even supported and agreed with, and yet she could not bring herself to clap, or bow, or do much of anything.

She needed an excuse, anything to get her out of here, and what 'out of here' meant was entirely up for debate.

Or well, not really. Aeris had already made her mind up, it was more about finding the courage to follow through. Her eyes fell upon a familiar face, someone who knew what it meant to seek something out for better or worse and who was still around.

Aeris approached Brandyn and forcefully stopped him, hand on his chest and shoulder. Her eyes were set on the grand gates of the temple, the fallible twin doors that felt so insurmountably tall as they were wide.

"What was it that gave you the courage to seek out the evidence you and I chased before?"
She asked, still not really acknowledging his presence beyond that small hand on his chest. "How did you know it was time to go?"

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Objective: Take Thelma to the celebrations
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
Attire: Suit

div1.png
"Of course I'll go with you,"
"Lovely, I'm curious to see what you've made for the occasion" he smiled back to her before trying to indicate something that flew over the girl's head. Chuckling, he took a step back and shook his head "No no, I didn't mean it like that!" Silas teasingly ruffled her hair and wrapped his arms around her back "I was basically saying we still have some time. So you know, I was thinking of fewer clothes and a bed to cool off..."

Silas moved his head forward to plant a kiss on her lips, leaving it to linger for a bit longer. The knight loved Thelma with all his heart. He didn't care that she was different, to him she was the most beautiful thing in the galaxy.

"Or would you prefer the best be saved to last? the choice is yours"

"No no, I didn't mean it like that! I was basically saying we still have some time. So you know, I was thinking of fewer clothes and a bed to cool off..."

"Oh." Her face reddened. "But in order to do that, you would have to..." She trailed off as if afraid someone might overhear them, though they were in her private quarters. "The effects will linger afterwards. If you go out in public like that..."

While much of the Order was humanoid and lacked the faculties to pick up on subtle differences in scent, she had noticed the Silas' behavior changed while under the influence of her blood. He was more social than she, and he had more friends. Observant, caring friends who would take notice and be concerned with his altered state.

"Later," she said softly, kissing him back tenderly. "I promise." Trying to lighten the mood, she picked up a handheld fan and waved it at him. "In the meantime, this should cool you off." She tossed it into his hands, then went to go change.

Her dress was dark blue velvet with decorations meant to look like stars. It was reminiscent of the Alliance Starbird, and so seemed fitting for a victory celebration.

But when Thelma and Silas arrived, they found themselves celebrating for a different reason. Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el had been promoted to the Jedi Council. Thelma waited until the applause died down and the Knight was free to mingle before she approached. "Congratulations," she said shyly. "I think you'll do very well on the Council."

Amani Serys Amani Serys , who had made the announcement, looked radiant. Everyone seemed happy. They had secured their victory, and now they were free. Thelma was overjoyed too, but she sensed that many of the people here didn't know what to do with themselves. War was all they knew; now that it was over, they would have to rediscover what it meant to be a Jedi. A new journey was just beginning, and they would all have to walk their own path.

sheev-palpatine-star-wars.jpg
The Battle of Exegol, a failure in his estimations, nevertheless got Barrac Hivlar what he wanted; the war was merely a distraction to allow Darth Vird to infiltrate the Senate and corrupt it over the years, the Jedi and the Alliance would know nothing of his true self. Eventually, when the Alliance was weakened sufficiently, Barrac Hivlar would strike while the iron was hot and turn himself into an absolute dictator. But an essential part of Vird's plan is the downfall of the New Jedi Order as they are a group that would oppose any kind of Imperial takeover. But in order to do this, he needed to create a separatist movement inside the Alliance that would fight a war. But he cannot reveal himself until the war's end, much like Emperor Palpatine's takeover of the entire Galaxy, Hivlar's plan will take place over years. Hivlar garbs himself in a Senatorial robe in Red and Gold, he hides his force sensitivity and his true nature as usual and it's an even more powerful ability than ever before. Even more powerful than any Sith in history. He wasn't paying attention to much of what Amani Serys Amani Serys was saying but he had plans for the Jedi, for all Jedi. It is only a matter of time until the Jedi are put under heel. In the end, he would be named... Emperor. And the Galactic Imperium would be brought into place over the Alliance. He would have to keep the Senate intact. But nothing he couldn't handle. Hiding his presence he approached Silas Westgard Silas Westgard and said "Greetings, Young Jedi. My name is Senator Barrac Hivlar. What's your name?" Barrac Hivlar wanted to introduce his alter ego to Silas, he again was hiding his true self through the Force so he didn't want to show his abilities at this time.

Cora's head cocked to the side at Dreidi's commentary on her lifestyle—or rather, how it would change.

"It…took me by surprise, to be honest. Arraigned marriages are typical on Ukatis—at least for nobility. I just figured that it would happen further down the road, so to speak." She waved a hand in a vague pushing gesture towards the distant future. "In a few years at least, after my training has been completed."

Her heart sank at the mention of years. It was striking how something so small, so brief could take her back to that moment under the staircase with Makko Vyres Makko Vyres .

You told me we had years, Cora.

The blonde bit her lip and look away as Dreidi floated the butt of her finished cigarette into the trash.

"I'm simply grateful that the Alliance and the crown were able to smooth things out." She shrugged. "It may not be ideal, but I will bear my duty with grace."

Dreidi shifted her robes, lifting them to expose the scarring on the bare plane of her abdomen. Cora's cheeks flushed lightly at the exposure, but she still leaned in to peer at the marred flesh.

"Goodness, that's quite the scar. You survived an encounter with Carnifex himself?" The Padawan sounded impressed, having heard tales of the famed Dark Lord.

"Er…" Cora rested a hand lightly in the space between the arch of her rib cage. "Jand Talo, Agent Borra and myself fought against this…strange gremlin witch. Ah, no offense, of course. You're far prettier than Starfall. She was smaller than me, yet somehow managed to headbutt me in the chest with incredible strength and shatter my ribs. It left some terrible bruising, does that count?"

Most of the damage had been internal, but she'd nearly fainted for the sight of white bone poking through skin during her initial triage.

"However, I will not lift my shirt in a public setting." She sniffed.

"You said that you practice witchcraft, yes? How does that work with your Jedi studies?"

Cora had no clue what witches did, aside from boiling children alive in big iron cauldrons.

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Nathan and the Redhead ran through the strange stone passages, labyrinth in nature, that seemed based off the interior aesthetic of Castle Bloodscrawl. Nathan looked around for the faceless creature that held the sword. No sign of it.

"You." Nathan said to the Redhead quietly as they moved. "What's your name?"

"I prefer to call myself The Reflection..." The Redhead answered.

"How long have you been here?" he asked.

"I never kept track after my first defeat..." The Reflection replied.

They both looked around. Each heard the wailing of prisoners in the distance.

"Any clue why it takes people?" He asked, turning a corner to another passage.

"None. You're the first prisoner here I've ever spoken to." The Reflection answered. "What were you doing before you got here?

"I was on a turbolift on Coruscant, heading up." Nathan answered, head darting at every sound. Blue and green flames burned on the floors and walls, seemingly doing no damage. "This place...does it always look like this?"

"As long as I've been here..." The Reflection answered.

Why would it's realm look like Castle Bloodscrawl? Nathan thought to himself. Was it born of it, somehow

The wailing continued down it's corridors, until Nathan began to hear the tell tale dragging sounds of the Monster's sword across the ground. Sparks lit up the interior in the distance.

Nathan and The Reflection ran down bloodsoaked corridors that never seemed to end. The faceless thing only pursued at a slow pace. It knew they would run out of stamina.

"This way." The Reflection called out taking a left.

"Something's wrong." she spoke, slowing down. She was panting.

"Gee, really?" he muttered back, tone deadpan.

"I've escaped my cell before but it should have caught me by now. Should have caught us both." The Reflection answered, darting around in paranoia. "What the hell is it doing?"

"What's your best guess of how to escape?"

"I might be able to force open a Doorway. But that requires time and preparation we really don't have."

"I'll buy it." Nathan replied.

"You can't beat it. It will kill you. I tried to fight it. On my best day I couldn't strike it down."

"That's good, because I'm not gonna try to strike it down." Nathan responded coldly. "Work fast."

Nathan then ran to face it, activating his Lightsaber. The thing stopped as he confronted it.

"Why have you detained us?" Nathan asked it. "I don't know what I did to upset you. But I want out."

There was no answer. It just waited.

Why isn't it attacking? he thought to himself.

Nathan guarded, looking for any movement, any sign of intent. But it just stood there, motionless, sword edge on the ground.

"What do you want?" Nathan asked again.

No answer.

The standoff seemed to last an eternity. Nathan was struggling to figure out the tactic. He slowly moved backward and it just stood, doing nothing.

He continued moving backward slightly. It didn't follow.

The Reflection in the meantime, had cut her palm open, smearing glowing green blood runes on a door and meditating while chanting under her breath.

The Reflection was disturbed as to how few magical barriers she had to get past. But she had no time to think it out.

Nathan never dared to blink as the faceless thing stayed in place.

"How come it's just staying there?" he asked her as he slowly backed up to where she was, still keeping his blade pointed at it.

"I don't know. Now stop interrupting." The Reflection hissed.

It took another few minutes of chants before the door swung open back to a street on Coruscant. The thing still made no movement.

"This feels too easy... could this be some kind of trap?"

"It doesn't need traps." The Reflection assured him, standing up.

"That doorway is good. I'll vouch for it personally. You go first."

Nathan scowled at her but realized he had no choice. He went first and the Reflection went after, both keeping their eyes on it. But the fresh air of the street beckoned and Nathan still stared as it "watched" them from it's Eldritch corridor. They both stared at it.

The thing started walking towards them again, and after a moment's hesitation Nathan didn't understand, he shut the turbolift door as it got closer.

"Is there anything preventing us from being captured by it again?" Nathan asked.

The Reflection shook her head. "It shouldn't have been that easy to begin with."

"Are we certain we're actually out?" Nathan asked watching the throngs of celebration in the streets.

"Yeah. We're out. But only because it wanted us to escape."

"Maybe it only wanted you to escape..." Nathan growled, pointing his blade at her. "Awfully convenient, having a magic axe nearby to cut the chains..."

The Reflection nodded. "Admittedly. But if it wanted me to leave on my own it wouldn't need you to break me out. And we are out, grim one."

The Reflection backed off.

"Look, we don't know each other, but thanks for cutting me loose. I owe you one." The Reflection spoke with a respectful nod. "Got a name?"

"You wanna repay me? Forget we saw one another." he growled, her red hair causing deep feelings of nausea in him. He turned away and began to walk off.

"Wait!" The Reflection called out running up to him.

She reached into a pouch on her tattered catsuit, removing a dark, iron gray sapphire with an asterism that Nathan immediately recognized.

"Where did you get that?" he asked slowly.

"It was on a pile of rubble in that place the last time I escaped my cell. I think it's some kind of Ankarres. Here. It's yours." The Reflection offered.

Nathan took it hesitantly.

"Forget my face." he spoke sternly, departing her and heading back into the crowds, contemplating what just happened...

(Exit Post)

Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

"Best I can offer in that regard is that, unfortunately time is not always our ally. I would also offer you the chance to disappear at the wedding, use some Magick to puff you outta the situation but you seem intent on committing to it." Dreidi smirked at the idea of grabbing the bride and then poofing into green smoke miles away from the ceremony.

Dreidi caught Corazona's bit lip and turned gaze from her use of the Force to put the butt of the cigarette away. She shook her head, it wasn't open judgement but there was some dislike of what Dreidi did to be annoying. At least that was the vibe that Dreidi was getting in the situation.

Raising an eyebrow when Corazona asked that she survived an encounter with Carnifex. "Nope, I died and just a Force Ghost showing you the scar I was left with..." There was some dry sarcasm heavy in the teasing tone, "C'mon, of course I did. Though, after he gave me this, it was more me fleeing and just aiming to survive more than anything else." Dreidi shrugged, putting her shirt down to cover her stomach once more.

She chuckled when Corazona mentioned another witch that she fought, one that headbutted. Though she refused to lift her shirt to show off the scar. "Pfffttt, I better be prettier, takes a tonne of work getting my look right in the morning!" Dreidi giggled a little, "Well, you said it was your chest so I don't expect you to flash your chest to everyone to show off any scars." Dreidi chuckled deeply, "my other scars are hidden underneath my tattoos now." Lifting her sleeve to show the heavily tattooed forearm that she had.

Tilting her head, Dreidi thought about what her training as a witch and Jedi. "It can be tricky, the Dathomiri witches and Jedi do not have the best history and the training for both is very tough and intensive but rewarding as well. There are aspects of the Force that I cannot do but when I use Magick it comes naturally, and vice versa. It is also another way for me to harness my emotions and keep myself controlled and level-headed. Just means I end up training twice as long, twice as hard to keep up with everyone else." Dreidi sighed tiredly, it was not easy balancing both sides of her life.

"How about you? How is your Jedi training going?" Dreidi asked.

He shrugged again. "Anyway. Makko, where does it hurt the worst?" He flicked open his lighter with a grin. "I wanna teach you a healing spell. That's right, you're getting right back into your training. Teacher's in and school's back in session."

Makko groaned. He couldn't keep the relief from his expression, but he didn't feel like taking another lesson. He felt like wallowing in self-pity for a little longer on the curbside.

"Glad to finally meet you"

"Yeah, likewise," said Makko. He managed to lift a hand and give a loose salute.

"Should we get him to the medbay?"

"Nah its not so bad," Makko replied.

It hurt. It hurt a lot. He didn't want that to stop. Having the pain manifest as something real, tangible, helped him focus. With each throb of pain he could almost feel a little of the tension behind his eyes ebbing away.

"Can I do this lesson sitting down?"

GENERAL RIDOR
222ND NOVA CORPS || 512TH LEGION || 312 ATTACK BATALLION
CORUSCANT || MEMORIAL STONE

fwfqf.png

With her hand against the cold stone, etched-out names impressed on Osarla's palm. Letters of names she'd read before on recommendation reports, dismissals, next of kin obituaries, promotional letters, lapels. Names she'd read countless times before but said out loud very few.

Full names, first and family names, had been replaced with affectionate monikers instead because it was faster. Quicker to get across in the field of battle. Less personable? More personable? Names that would likely never be spoken out loud again, but would forever be something read.

Osarla felt an excruciating tenderness, scanning the rise and fall of each letter. She'd been standing here for the better part of two hours, walking only inches further, recounting what memories she could with the names written forever on the wall.

Names that belonged to her soldiers, those who'd given their lives to those who may never know their names.

Giving life to the war didn't just mean they were dead. Giving a life meant sacrificing all that could have been outside the soldier's demand; there were no good years or sad years.

How many had joined the marines unmarried or childless? How many never saw their parents grow old and begin to fail and didn't watch them die in their care, but instead learned of their passing through holomail? Their hardships were ones of war, years of being a soldier that left them isolated, loveless, and dead.

War had taken their youth and robbed them of their age as well.

Some of them that survived had wrinkles now but no wisdom. Osarla was one of those. The stone reminded her of how unwise she really was.

Amanda braska

A
Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Amanda walked with Raphael out of the Jedi temple and walked through the streets of corusant until they found themselves in a club. She. Smiled as she started to dance next to Raphael "come on let's dance" she said as she continued to dance. In front of him.

"She soothes me."

"Well, may she continue to soothe you even when she grows to be bigger than you," Starlin said with a smirk and a wink.

Makko groaned at the prospect of learning, coaxing an evil-sounding laugh from Starlin. "Yeah, here's a chair. Up, up..." He helped to lift Makko off the curbside and into the chair. It was part of the outdoor dining of a Smoothie Empress.

"Right, you got your lighter or other source of flame..." Starlin flicked his on. "And the spell is 'Healing waters, the body spurns; Ashla, make this flame mend instead of burn.'"

The flame changed color from orange to a pinkish hue. Selecting a bruise on Makko's arm for a demonstration, Starlin held the flame to it, watching as the dark splotch rapidly disappeared.

"Neat, huh?"

Eliphas just gave Starlin a silly look, but otherwise remained quiet as the demonstration began, fussing Mirar behind the ears in order to keep his restless self somewhat busy and occupied. And also to keep the pup quiet. She was rather content to curl up on his lap though, to watch and sniff and listen, no yapping thankfully. No that was reserved for when she wasn't getting Eli's attention these days.
"I keep that thing with me all the time" he said, when Starlin commented on how neat the spell was, gesturing to the lighter he'd passed over to Makko, "Definitely worth sitting through a signature Starlin impromptu lesson, huh?"
Eli certainly thought so.
Then he turned to Starlin. "I'm gonna get a smoothie, want one?" he extended that offer to Makko too, of course. He didn't want to intrude too heavily on the pair, this was the first time all three of them were together after all and Makko clearly needed Starlin more than Eli right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom