Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [GA] Sacrifice's End

"My brothers, you have been avenged. The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it."

"No," she said. "But we are."

Maeve came up behind Alexander, dressed in ceremonial armor, silver and gleaming under the fireworks display. She'd tied her hair into a long braid, as if she was readying to ride off to battle even though they'd already won the war, and if he looked up at her, he would find her staring at the names on the memorial, committing each one to her mind.

"Every sunset, every dawning, we are able to feel because of them. Coruscant still stands thanks to their sacrifice. The galaxy endures in their passing."

Maeve closed her eyes. "Asmundr Varobalder. Seto Du Couteau. Ryv Karis." Their names were strange on her tongue, only because she'd never met them before. But still, she remembered. She honored their legacy, their loss. "Knights and Masters of the Jedi Order and soldiers in the Defense Force. Everything they fought for, they did for all of us."

She opened her eyes again. For a moment, all was silent, the only sound between them the pop and crackle of fireworks covering the sky with cascades of light. "These beautiful days we've earned, we're meant to enjoy. Because they gave it to us. All of them. They gave it knowing that they might never even have the chance to see it themselves."

Maeve folded her arms. "Even if this doesn't feel like victory, sometimes, the best we can do is remember. To push on. We live, because that's what they would want us to do."

MAIJWHTEVERSHECHILL.png

As though she were tossing a fist full of glitter, Maijan's hand lifted to the air. Her bangles jingled with the gesture. From her open palm, a steady stream of shimmering light and multicoloured shapes erupted and danced up, up, up, to the skyline. Delicately and gingerly, the illusion of falling rainbow stars flittered down to the ground and a few jubilant spectators twirled in the swirling shower.

"I love a parrrrty." She admitted, almost sheepishly, for prolonging the good mood of the Alliance-focused celebration. A huge percentile of her hated The Alliance, particularly the SIA, for what they'd done to her — but the other percentage still preferred them over so many other galactic superpowers.

And she was a little tipsy, which made her generally all the less scrutinizing of The Alliance's shortcomings and more appreciative of the revelry that filled the streets.

"Look how happy they are." She poked at a group of aliens, paws, claws and blue skin, all huddled together like an Alliance diversity brochure, happy and drunk. They all stumbled out of a restaurant's doorway, and Maijan left Mercy's side to peer at the menu on the screen. She leaned in, almost lost her balance, and decided to just hold on to the sides until she was confident enough in her equilibrium to just peer.

The doorman frowned at her. He was not having as good a time as his patrons.

"A thousand crrrredits a litrre?"

Maijan's eyes widened, bright gold and intrigued. The rest of her looked a mix between gobsmacked and greedy.

"We have to have it." Her arm reached out, swatted at empty air until she felt Mercy's arm, and looped through it. She tugged at the crook to point at the line item just to make sure Mercy saw.

With every noisy clang of her bracelets, the doorman looked more and more agitated.

"At that prrrrice, it's gotta feel like a whole celebrrration in.." she gestured vaguely to her face, anticipating all the flavours her cheeks should feel. Or tongue. Or both. At a thousand credits, she better feel it right through her skull!

There were many things that Raphael enjoyed about being himself, a womprat from the outer rim, and the biggest was that few took notice of him. He made his way easily through crowds, the speeches largely over. If anything was needed of him, he would take the assignment willingly and obediently. Yet there was more that he needed to do, he wanted to at least go and say hello to his sister. He hadn't gotten to talk to her in a while and she was probably worried sick about him.

Master Noble would probably be a little upset when she found out that he'd slipped out without an accompanying jedi, but it was just on Coruscant, yeah? It was all fine, he was sure. She was with her husband and daughter, regardless. Raphael was fairly certain, regardless, that he was going to be doing work on repair and reinforcing places that had been horribly damaged from war. Places that people would still need assistance.

Yet so deep in his own thoughts he was, that Raphael had not been watching where he was going and thus he bumped lightly into someone. A frown on his face as he looked up at the person that he'd bumped into. Echani. His frown deepened as he looked up further and wanted to swear, though didn't dare do so outwardly.

"Hello, Master Braska. I hope that you are doing well today."
Amanda braska

Azolon Blavier

A

Banner_1_coruscant.png

RENAISSANCE ERA
SACRIFICES END

August Freiherr Blavier (OPEN)
div-goldiguess.png
'Stubborn', that single word floating throughout General Blavier's Head. It's noted and spoken upon by many people that as an individual grows in age they grow stubborn and stagnant, and seemingly the Old Commodore was modeling himself after said analyzation; however old he grew, he had the ambition of a young cadet who was climbing the tower of improvement. Azolon however much he disliked his uncle & however Liberal he grew, still held tenants of an aristocrat however hard he tried to deny them, the main one being the urge to refrain family members from staining the last name which was considered by some old money to be pure-blood , Anaxsi purple robes. Of course being some don't consider blood or name to be credible in this modernized era.

"You - agreeance - private reservations..." The Old naval commander seemed to question Azolon's words of loyalty and alignment though he took them for the moment, something Azolon expected, why would a 'Machiavellian' officer accept words in absolute, for said officer throughout his life spoke words of falsehood. "I do admire - simple rebuttal - affected worlds." He pointed out the questionably stable chair which was his potential negotiation of Federal-Funding, it was true; during an duration of peace, funding to the military would decrease per reasoning that the need of defense decreases, more so funding would be invested in public-services. Azolon simply remained silent.

"I do - culling entire - without disruption." It seemed he was onboard with some ideals.

"Your words are more logical then mine in some method. Though regarding the subject of justification of military-funding, I believe that we could justify an extended duration or slight reduction in funding from the gdp, perhaps through lobbyist methods. I don't believe in exactly continuing an absolute warlike-economical state, perhaps a soft-military economy, I'm not fine with the Bureaucrats reducing funding at an extreme rate though...I believe for the most part whether businesslike in alignment or not, the Senate would be in agreeance that instead of an inflated armed-forces, investment into the model of efficiency-over-quantity continuinsly during peace would presume a likening by most besides perhaps the Corporatist who're for the most part war-profiteers and industry-banthas for big corps. If said plan isn't likeable on the National-Stage, Localized Weapon Investments by planetary governments would be acceptable." He said in response, pausing for a minute he did not.

"Besides the point, getting the legislation on board in regards to targeting the Final Dawn is a win. Marlon Suralen and his empire of brainwashed puppets still prove a threat, though I believe more on the Naval-Stage; he is an intelligent tactician, reminiscent of some admirals and alike from the Old Galactic Empire and previous governments." He said addressing the question of the Dawn who he deemed a mild-to-high threat to stability. "I also believe we should discuss the military-industrial complex, recently I've been approached by various groups with Consultant Jobs, annual income being about 850,000 Credits or so, much more then what I am being paid as an Officer of the GADF. I must question my career path, run for Senate one day, most likely a Federalist. Have you received contracts alike to those distributed to me?" He asked now changing the subject to the private industry, as of recently the Military-Industrial complex were doing the intelligent job of headhunting members of the Officer Corps for Directorate Positions and alike considering the war was over, what they needed them for? Obvious, Social-Connctions more so opportunities for Military-Contracting in a drying industry.

Last edited by a moderator:
ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

Jand crossed his arms, as he continued to observe the proceedings.

Master Vanagor was supportive of the Padawan's assignment, his confirmation and offer for assistance taken with a nod from Jand, before the scene revealed a newly appointed Jedi Council member. Amani Serys Amani Serys spoke about the individual in question, Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el , and then the latter offered a brief response and accepted the appointment.

"I understand, and know you are ready at a moments notice, Master Vanagor," Jand said as he stared at the podium, before he turned to offer a tight-lipped smile to the tall Jedi Master. "Thank you."

The public event still perplexed Jand.

"I do not tend toward gossip, so I doubt I would share your middle name," the Padawan said matter-of-factly, a furrow on his brow. Though not at the conversation. "That is not my personal information to share--"

Jand turned to face Caltin, confusion on his face, in the form of a scowl.

"--what are the requirements of joining the Jedi Council?"

Something didn't sit right for Jand. He knew Jasper, had been on missions together, though had always felt the Jedi Knight had had a lot of trauma and personal development to work through. While not privy to a lot of it, the parts that had been shared were not insignificant, and clearly had had a lasting effect on Jasper.

"I ask, because a report from Ukatis indicated that Jasper became emotionally agitated and drunk on a diplomatic mission... and not for the first time, I have personally seen a number of displays of emotional outburst or reactions. I do not wish to speak ill of another, nor do I necessarily question the Jedi Council's decision. I just..."

Jand had believed the Council to be the leaders, the examples, of the Jedi; the exemplars of the Jedi ideals in theory and practice.

"Is that acceptable for a prospective Council member? I am confused."

Jand was... conflicted.

On one hand, support; on the other uncertainty.

THE DIRECTOR
CORUSCANT | SIA HQ | PERSONAL OFFICE
Arage Bao Arage Bao
div-purple.png
Only on days of celebration did the windows in M’s office actually serve as windows. Fully transparent, glasteel looking out at the colourful sky and down on the streets of joyful citizens who celebrated with wanton jubilance.

The littler they knew, the bigger their smiles. It was worth it in the end, the deception, the shadows, and even all the:

“Wonderful theatrics.” M complimented, turning from the view to the guest at her side. The director bore a tight smile, but it wasn’t with the same reckless abandon as the celebutantes all around Coruscant. All their toothsome joy moved from all the other screens on her walls (sans windows) all recorded by the REC’s eyes on the streets.

“Very realistic. I haven’t heard any concerns other than where is it.

But, more importantly what’s not being asked yet, is how is it.”

Aboard the Bright Knight, somewhere near Ukatis

Keying up his starship's systems, Starlin turned on the news solely for the sake of having some background noise. The Bright Knight felt uncomfortably quiet in the wake of his release from an Ukatian jail cell following the events of Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania 's engagement party. It was as if everyone aboard was walking on eggshells around him. (Well, at least the mute Kyell Laysel had an excuse for his silence...)

Luckily Starlin had other things to focus on right out the gate. His first order of business was simple: find Makko. He figured his apprentice must've either returned to Coruscant, or gone off somewhere to sulk. If the latter, this was going to be a whole lot more difficult than he would've liked.

At some point he realized the news was trained upon the NJO. Amani Serys Amani Serys had just inducted Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el onto the Jedi Council. Starlin did a double-take, and for a few seconds he experienced a flash of, if not jealousy, then something along the lines of outrage at perceived unfairness. I've been doing this for way longer than he has, yet he gets to join the Council before me?

Then Starlin remembered that he had just been released from jail, and he sighed. Point taken, Force. Point taken.

Turning away from the holo, Starlin resumed his search for Makko Vyres Makko Vyres ...

They had talked for over an hour, her and the investor, whose name was Kaylin. Her gentle prodding getting him to open up more and more, her every change in posture calculated to entice him more. Every smile, every wink a call from the siren. He was utterly ensnared, her beauty wrapping around his mind like a suffocating cloth. Vera, formally introducing herself as an opera singer named Rikka and had made it the most natural thing in the world to say she was heading home after another half hour of listening to him vent. In his ensnarement, he watched as she got up and glided away from him, hips swaying teasingly as she walked through the crowds. She had bought him a drink or two.

Impulsivity won out, and he began following her, immediately catching up to her after she had gotten a few meters from the Club Entrance itself, walking through the blind spot of the street cameras.

She only smiled as Kaylin caught up to her. "Hi there..." she said warmly.

Kaylin stammered, so out of his element with a beautiful woman it wasn't funny. Vera actually felt bad for him on account of how awkward he was. Money can buy a lot of things, but confidence and poise, the murderous Biot had learned, wasn't one of them.

Not that she was interested in him for either of those things.

"Hi, uh...I...I don't usually do this...but talking to you was such a...a relaxer..."

"I'm used to being a shoulder to cry on." she replied flirtatiously.

"I was wondering, Rikka...maybe we could catch a bite to eat some time?"

Vera smiled. "Sure, why not? My driver is about to pick me up, let's talk over here..." she said gesturing near the dark tunnel from where she had emerged. There was a nearby bench for waiting for public transport.

Too enraptured by her gorgeous figure that every alarm bell that should have been going off in his head at this entire setup was muted in the intensity of her dark gaze that he immediately nodded and followed her slinking figure. If there was one area Vera could truly be said to be superior to her sister Lynda, it was that Vera had no need to rely on pheremones to easily ensnare prey. She could do it just with careful study and the correct words and gestures.

He followed her, completely possessed by her curvy figure, watching her glide to the bench, which was quite out of the way of foot traffic and cameras and offer him a seat. He took it, and his heart pounded as she daintily took a seat next to him.

"So, where were you thinking of us eating while you bounce back?" Vera asked sweetly.

Too smitten with her to question why she'd be interested in a mousy investor who had barely staved off total financial ruin, he struggled to get out a sentence, but was stammered into helplessness by her total-package looks. She only smiled.

"Kaylin, relax...it'll be fine..." Vera said, leaning forward pulling his head closer as if to kiss him.

The hand that pulled the eager investor's head to her lips had the ring with tranquilizer poison. He was injected and out cold half a second later. Vera in the old days would have torn such a man apart, devoured every last drop of blood from his flesh. But Karlie Destat's influence and Vera's own barely developed sense of restraint had caused her to reign in her darker instincts, even when not using this form.

In this case however, she removed a miniature blood extraction kit from her purse and insert a needle with an attached feed to his wrist, extracting three ounces of blood into a vial, which she drank leisurely, refilling another two ounces before she extracted the needle, licked the blood off and then inserted it into a sterilization unit built into the bag, and drank her fill of her prey. Then she treated the wound with a small vial of Bacta Spray. Then she injected him with a mild amnesiac and walked away from him very casually. In the old days, he would have been enough because all the blood would be taken. But now that she was technically less bloodthirsty she had to hunt more people if she didn't want to kill anyone.

Strangely, Vera didn't mind this. Besides, more opportunities to hone her skill.

Yet in this form, the words of Laertia's father, about how one day she wouldn't be able to hide the fact she was a monster, not even to herself troubled her more than any insult. It troubled her almost as much as that scratch on her face Lynda had given her. She touched her cheek impulsively at where her sister had scratched it out of sheer hatred as she walked through crowds of partiers. It was one of the wildest planet wide parties in Galactic history. There wouldn't be one like it for a long time. She should have been taking in the sights, the smells, the emotions on people's faces, reveling in the lust this form inspired in those around her.

Yet all she could think about suddenly was the scratch, and Nathan's words.

The act itself hurt her in a way like nothing else ever had. It hurt even in her lawyer guise. Lynda had made clear Vera's culpability in Laertia's spiral, and also that she wanted nothing more to do with Vera in an emotional level.

That desire had been a long time coming, stoked by Vera, and she knew it. Perhaps that was why Nathan's words hurt so much...

...her sister already agreed with him.

Then again, she wasn't exactly innocent herself where Laertia was concerned.

Vera stopped by the front of a candy store, and stared at her own reflection in the glass window.

The very epitome of advanced Bio tech. A one of a kind masterpiece in the scientific sense. In the field of Legal Practice...

...and an abysmal failure everywhere else.

Vera felt the scratch on her face Lynda had given her, touched the area compulsively again.

Why did she feel so lonely all of a sudden?

Her databases randomly recalled a memory of Lynda smiling at her. Vera's smug pride in herself had always gotten in the way of appreciating how unique and advanced her younger sister was. How much more reliant on emotions. Vera had thought it a weakness.

Yet what had her strong neglect gotten her? Sure, she had been under orders to aid her, and she couldn't disobey those orders, but she had obeyed only the letter of the orders, not the spirit.

Staring at that reflection, Vera finally understood, for the first time that it was her own callousness and neglect of her sister and Laertia that had brought House Li-Ves to the brink of ruin.

Vera stared down at her hands. So elegant. So carved. Had they ever once dried a tear from Lynda? Did her finely shaped ear ever stop even once to listen to any demons Laertia might have thought to express, had she the patience to listen?

Even as she asked the questions, she knew the answers.

Vera turned away from the reflection in the window. She resumed her search for prey, no longer exuberant...this was why she hated this form some times.

Too much ability to reflect...

Amanda braska

A
Raphael Gallustrade Raphael Gallustrade

Amanda had began to walk out as much as she liked being a Jedi she realized if she wanted to have a real drink or find a party honoring the dead and celebrating life she would have to leave the temple. To at least get something worth drinking anyway that's when she felt someone run into her she looked at who it was seeing Raphael she smiled. "Hey Raphael i was wondering when I'd see you again" she said Patting him on the arm.

"If your leaving the temple maybe I should join you so you stay out of trouble with the higher ups" she offered looking at him.

Be careful what you wish for.
05301-C57-CA89-4-B4-F-9-FA1-7797-ED6670-C1.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

“Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior. But a lack of empathy isn't.” - Phil Klay

What happened in front of them took the massive Jedi Master by surprise, but nowhere near as much as what the Nagai Padawan was about to ask Caltin.

The thought of not one, but two Jedi Knights on a Council, especially one that called the Temple on Coruscant “home” was surprising. Vanagor held his thought inward because it was not his place to question who might be chosen for a position. Frankly, he did not like being on a Council, as he had been on a few in his lifetime, believing a Master could be more a leader out in the field than up in a chamber. This was not a negative reflection on any past, current, prospective, potential or future member of the New Jedi Order Council, or the Silver Jedi Concord, it was just his outlook. It was a nice moment for the young Knight and that was the important thing, not the opinion of a Master who comes and goes. Then he heard Jand’s question…

… oh boy.

Wow…

Vanagor stood there for a moment, surveying the stage and all that played out in front of the two of them in momentary silence. Make no mistake, he understood what Jand was asking, and definitely had an answer…

Boy do I have an answer…

However, giving that answer would serve neither of them. So he pondered how to properly address this in a way that was factual, as well as give his opinion in a way that Talo would understand and accept. If it was up to him, Caltin would not only not offer the young Knight Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el a seat on the Council, he would be reproached for his actions. There are two concerns with this line of thinking though, as valid as it might be, Caltin was neither on the mission or read the report himself. To be sure, he would indeed be reading this report now, but that was a conversation for another day.

You would have to ask a Council Member for the requirements and credentials you would need to be counted among those in the chamber for The New Jedi Order. To be frank, I do not know them, nor am I really interested in finding out. This is not to say that it is not a great honor to be counted among them, but I feel that I make a bigger difference “down here” rather than “up there.”

He said the last part pointing up to the Council Chamber Spire.

Before I was frozen, I was on the Council of the “New” Jedi Order. This was of course over eight hundred fifty years ago and there was only one “Order”, save maybe “The Green Jedi” on Corellia. Nowadays there are multiple “factions” of Jedi, each no doubt with their own rules. I myself am on the Council for the Silver Jedi Concord…

… even if they are about to disband… he thought…

Anyway, what I have always looked at and considered when it comes to the leadership of the Council is for a Jedi to set the best possible example that they can. Not only to Padawans, and Knights, but Masters as well.

Scrunching his face as he just looked on, Vanagor was not normally one to mince words. This was a different situation though and he was learning just as much about himself as he was trying to teach Talo in a way that he would not be confused by.

While I do not know what happened on that mission, I do not discount your retelling of it. I can give you a more personalized answer when I have more information, if you like. However, looking at it right now, I will tell you that emotions are unavoidable, you will have them from time to time. The trick is to not let them define you, being upset about an issue is one thing, but senseless, baseless outbursts are another. Again, I do not know the whole story to what you are referring, but I would allow him a little grace at this point. There is obviously more to why he was chosen than what had happened. He has his own path to walk, just as you do.

Jand was not wrong in his confusion, or questioning, but he was going to be a great Jedi in his own right and on his own merits. He also will be Knighted and no one will question his readiness…

… not if I have anything to say about it…

tag:

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

tumblr_oj4jgsMioQ1qdnfhqo3_540.gif

"Oh," went Makko, "Fireworks."

His view was immediately darkened by a boot swinging towards his face.

He managed to cross his forearms in front of his face. It took the sting out of the blow but the toe of the boot still struck him under the sternum.

Makko was against a wall, losing the fight that he had started. He punched upwards, caught something firm. He tried to get back up.

One hand shoved him back down. Another fist came flying in and struck the back of his jaw. It caught him so hard he was certain he would lose teeth.

The last week flashed by. He had woken up on Ukatis, confused by the chill in his bones. Makko had found that he had slept in the alley during a light rain storm and had his formal robes soaked all the way through.

Then had come the shame of walking back to return to Coruscant with the delegation. Leaving Starling and Cora behind.

The celebrations had started. He didn't understand galactic events. The weight of the moment meant little to him and he certainly hadn't done anything to deserve this.

So he had found a dive bar and picked a fight he could not win.

"I'm done, I'm done!" Makko protested, holding up both hands.

"Yeah, yeah you are," came a gruff reply before one final kick. The four men walked away.

Makko leaned his head back against the brickwork. He laughed softly. Blood welled between his teeth. Crimson lines on white.

He looked up to the sky and tried to work out what was a firework and what was a bright spot dancing across his vision.

Lief Lief
Starlin Rand Starlin Rand

The Force is a powerful ally. It was the only explanation for how swiftly Starlin managed to track down Makko on Coruscant, a city-wide metropolis home to trillions of people.

"I'm leaving you in command of the ship," he told Eli before leaving. "Unless you want to come down with me and meet your master's other apprentice!"

At any rate, Starlin made his way to the spot where Makko had fallen, tracing his weakening presence in the Force. Just in time to see his apprentice get kicked. "Hey!" he shouted after the departing thugs. "You nerf herders better not have broken anything permanent!"

Looking down, he leaned over Makko, checking his injuries. "What the hell was that all about?" he asked. "I'm back, by the way. Freshly out of jail, and you are my first priority." With a grunt, he heaved Makko up and onto his feet - or at least into a nearby chair. "I take it you've been getting into trouble in my absence?"

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Objective: Take Thelma to the celebrations
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
Attire: Suit

div1.png
"Wait, come back!"
Silas grinned and didn't hesitate to move forwards and wrap his arms around her. Placing another kiss on her lips, he leaned back and gave his undivided attention "I was going to say, I'm certain most of the order know of your clothes and repairs" Silas chuckled, clearly proud of how far she had come from a secretive workshop.

"Thank you very much, couldn't have looked so good without your nimble hands," he said with a cheeky wink "Partly, but I was going to ask you if you were free to come to the peace celebrations with me. It could provide you with a good break from the machine I'd say" the celebrations had yet to fully begin yet, so the pair of them did have time kill.

"Although, right now I do feel hot in this suit..."

Stay with the ship, or finally meet the elusive Makko? It was a no brainer, wasn't it?
Bundling up his pup, ensuring her harness and leash was in place in case she tried to make a run for it, Eliphas soon followed his Master out into the bustling cityscape beyond. Coruscant had become something of a home to him by now, though it was still so different from the estate he'd grown up in that it left him reeling at first.
Even the ship wasn't so noisy, and there were twin babies there.
The hoverchair came to a stop a few feet from Starlin and Makko, and he watched as the former helped the latter back up to his feet. "Is he okay?" Eliphas queried softly, "I, erm, brought some water... If he'd-- if you'd like it?" He turned his attention from Starlin to address his fellow Padawan, reaching into the side of his hoverchair to bring forth a fresh bottle of water.
He rarely went anywhere without these days.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Uscru Entertainment District, Outlander Club

Tag:
Open​

Sitting on a stool at the bar Minerva smiled to herself with a whole bottle of Corellian ale in hand. While wearing her armor she had the helmet attached to her hip for now. All around her the cantina was bustling and crowded more so than usually for obvious reasons of course.

Victory…victory at last!

The very thought thrilled Minerva. So much so that she took the bottle and started to gulp down. Stopping after a few seconds she let out a satisfied sigh. Wiping her lips with a backhand the warrior snorted.

"Oh I'm just getting started tonight." Minerva whispered to herself just as a Mon Calamari accidentally bumped into her back as he danced with a Quarren female.

Some of the ale spilled out on the counter but it wasn't noticed by the elderly bartender and her server droids being so occupied with drink orders and cleaning up other messes. Still Minerva kept a good grip on the bottle. Instead of being mad she snorted in utter amusement and didn't even bother to look back at the alien couple due to being in such high spirits.

The night was young after all.

"Peace celebrations...?" Thelma's eyes widened. "Oh! That's today?" It certainly explained all the fireworks she kept hearing outside. "I forgot..."

Of course, with the war ending, it only made sense to celebrate. "Of course I'll go with you," she said with a smile. "Just give me a few minutes to get changed."

"Although, right now I do feel hot in this suit..."

She looked back at him. "That's strange. The Duraflex Fabric I used on the inner lining should regulate your body temperature..." Brow furrowing, she started fiddling with his suit jacket, looking inside as if expecting to find some sort of flaw or mistake she had missed when she made it.

ɴᴀɢᴀɪ ᴡᴀʀʀɪᴏʀ
jand_spacer_new1.png

Jand listened as the large Jedi Master began to explain - or at least offered his thoughts on it.

The notion of being part of the Jedi Council had never interested the Padawan, as Jand had far too many obligations as it was, and ultimately the Jedi Order was not his final goal in life. He still had his life on Saijo, his clan and people, and knew that his attention would continue to be divided between both groups. Whereas the Jedi on the Council seemed dedicated wholly to the Jedi Order. It was also interesting to hear that Master Vanagor had no real interest, either, though likely for different reasons.

"Boots on the ground, as the Alliance soldiers say," Jand said lowly, as he nodded. "I understand."

Then Master Vanagor went into more detail about his past, which was a bizarre sequence in and of itself, but Jand took it at face value. According to other sources, the large Jedi was not the first to come from similar circumstances, with Master Noble having been displaced from time as well. Then there was the Jedi, the various Orders and groups, and how that had seemingly changed over such time - though Caltin did confirm his thoughts on what constituted a Council member, in his mind.

"I see, that was my assumption, yes," Jand said as he considered. "I can agree with some of what Jedi Amani said, though I suppose my understanding of Jasper might be incorrect, and the Council may be aware of more than myself... I certainly do not claim to have been at his side routinely, though he has been through much."

Jand continued to listen.

"I aim to remove emotions from most circumstances or situations as a Jedi, though I can see others may not feel the same. I am unsure as to the exact details of the mission, just that there was a general discord within the Jedi present, and Jasper was seen drinking while appearing agitated or upset. Drinking alcohol results in drunkenness, from what I understand." Jand glanced to Master Vanagor. "As I mentioned, I do not aim to seek reconsideration or attempt to stunt Jasper's development in the Jedi Order... I was just sought clarification. I believe I have that."

At the end of the day, the Council would do as they saw fit.

And Jand was a Padawan, his place was to do as instructed.

"Sometimes I find difficulty understanding what others might consider normal in the galaxy," the Padawan said as he looked back to the stage. "Thank you for answering, Master Vanagor."

Even after leaving Saijo, joining the Jedi Order, and being around many other species... Jand still struggled.

Perhaps he would always been an outlander.

Nathan walked wearily to the temple. The cuts from the chakrams of Quintessa Quintessa fresh on his skin in the form of scars that would never fade.

The ticker tape fell, the fireworks burst in the sky, people danced in celebration. But for Nathan, he felt only relief he had arrived at the tail end of a terrible conflict. He hadn't been looking forward to fighting a war against such obviously crazy bastards as the Mawites while fighting his own private war with The Cult of The Brain Demon.

Nathan was a sliver of black cutting through celebrating crowds. He'd never seen such a large party. Back in his day, there wasn't much to celebrate. Civilization had seemed in an endless quarantine. What pockets were functional had been behind walls with lots and lots of guns and suspicious looks.

Nathan was not certain how to react to signs of public merriment. It all seemed highly bizarre to him.

He rounded a corner and took a turbolift upward, driven by an impulse he didn't fully understand, compelled to look over the cityscape.

He winced at the terrible elevator music as the lift went upward. He felt uneasy. Though his expression and posture were as grim and stoic as usual.

He exited not into an upper level of Coruscant but into the burning remains of Castle Bloodscrawl, it's familiar stone corridors streaked with ashes and blood, but the flames were green and blue, and he was quickly looking all around him when he heard the grinding of metal on stone. He turned slowly, watching a naked, faceless and bald female with gray skin, highly emaciated, it's flesh criss-crossed with various sword scars. It's fingers were unnaturally long, ending in sharp, faceted, obsidian covered nails, carrying a large claymore, pitted and scarred, charred metal with rotten leather bindings.

Nathan knew immediately he was outmatched and ran the other way, but it did not pick up it's speed, merely power-walking to him while dragging it's sword.

Nathan ran up the burning grand staircase of the castle. The layout was familiar, but altered in subtle ways. The staircase climb taking just slightly longer, the halls, just slightly wider. He heard the grinding of the thing's sword echoing, it's sparks lighting the entire area it walked.

Nathan threw open the doors of the armory and found it waiting for him, leaning against a wall with it's arms folded, it's sword leaning against the wall also. He started running away and it almost wearily grabbed its sword and slowly power-walked towards him. He turned a corner in the upper level only to find it in front of him, still in that slow walk, the tell tale sparks of the sword tip it dragged along the ground hurrying Nathan's steps down another passage, he was cut off. There were no exits. The halls seemed longer and longer. There were doors he didn't recognize, some open, leading to areas of the burning, blood soaked castle that had never been there before. Nathan knew he was only delaying the inevitable. But he didn't know what it was. It wasn't The Brain Demon. He had met The Brain Demon, once, long ago.

This was not the Brain Demon.

Finally he turned to another passage of this realm that warped the remnants of his Family's Castle, and found it waiting for him, simply standing, sword held in one hand.

Nathan grimaced. "Fine."

His Lightsaber came out, it's dark blue blade lighting the stony interior. He struck first, and it made a one handed block and a mild push with their blades grinding against each other, forcing him backward, tumbling to the ground, his Lightsaber tumbling free. He teleported himself to an upright position, teleported his blade back to his hand and reactivated it, swinging for the creature's head. It blocked, then backhanded him hard into a wall, drawing blood from his forehead.

Before he could react, it picked him up by the arm and hurled him into a door where he crashed through into what appeared to be a rusted, decrepit altar to the Light Side of The Force, upon which was chained a red headed woman in the tattered remains of a black catsuit, floating above, rune covered chains bound to her wrists and ankles, joined to the base of the altar floor. She was nigh impossibly beautiful.

Nathan scrambled up guarding but there was no sign of the faceless creature.

"New here?" The Redhead asked.

Nathan looked up.

"What is this place?" he asked grimly. "What is that thing that brought me here?"

"I don't know it's name." The Redhead answered. "But I know I'm not the only prisoner."

"How many besides us?"

The Redhead shrugged. "Who knows? I hear them wailing sometimes..."

"Why did it take you?" Nathan asked.

"I am the manifestation of a monster's potential for good. I tried to convince it to become me. I failed, and was cast out of it..." The Redhead answered, examining him. "It...gathered me...after I had been dispersed. I don't know why."

"I don't know why it took me either."

"It always has a reason. But why aren't you in chains?" The Redhead wondered.

"Is there any way out?"

"No."

Nathan frowned. "Neither of us is escaping on our own. "I'm gonna cut those chains. If you try anything, I'm gonna cut you also."

The Redhead smirked.

"Already threatening me with a good time. I like you."

He scowled. "I hate it when they're sarcastic."

He slashed at the chains with his Lightsaber, but they were only scorched. They didn't break.

The Redhead whistled and gestured with a tilt of her crimson mane towards an old, ceremonial axe mounted on the wall.

Nathan, turned, hefted it, feeling the coldness of its metal before swinging at the chain beneath her ankles and severing it on the first blow. The rest of the chain holding her aloft crumbled to tiny pieces as she floated down to the ground.

"Thanks, handsome..."

"Quiet." Nathan replied coldly as he wearily stepped out of the altar room with The Redhead following.

The Redhead, by the way, very much resembled a certain Shi'ido Sithspawn that had viciously crushed the eye of Starlin Rand Starlin Rand at Krayiss Two...

kFTNC5u.png

CORUSCANT

div-goldiguess.png

With the final breath of the Maw drawn across a galaxy at rest, the Galactic Alliance breathed anew; life, fresh and free born into an era of peace and growth. The surface of Coruscant was rippling with joy and celebration, with colourful bursts of fireworks into the starless skies drowning out the elated cheering.

"It is a time for peace and celebration for all the people of Coruscant, the Jedi included." The voice of Korvan seemed almost difficult to hear across the communicator wrapped tightly in his palm with the winds whipping by him.

The continued sounds of rushing air, beeping speeders and thunderous celebrations echoing across the planet made it almost impossible to focus upon the craft ahead of him. His brow furrowed, affording a delayed answer. "I agree, master." Rakaan said with some degree of difficulty.

"Then why is it that I see you falling after the speeder I explicitly told you to leave alone?" A tinge of frustration in his voice, staring from behind the screen of an offered tablet with a sigh in his breath and a roll to his eyes.

Rakaan crashed his body into the sleek crimson exterior of the speeder, slipping with the continued squeak of his hand attempting to grasp onto something. It caught onto the very back of it, and only then could Rakaan ever consider himself thankful for the needless accessories of gangsters. With the handheld device in his spare hand and rushed towards his mouth, he spoke with exertion, "Was I supposed to let it go?" He demanded despite the question, swinging a leg onto the craft, "That would be terribly un-Jedi of me, master."

"You were supposed to let it go and leave it to the CSF. Who, as I can see, are closely behind your very fugitive. And you." Even further annoyance rife in his tone.

Flashing a glance backwards, only then had the sirens and lights of the Coruscant Security Force become known. "Well," panted Rakaan after finding his footing on the roofless speeder with the driver exposed, "let me show them how it's done."

"Rakaa~!" The trailing voice fell further from earshot as the communicator fell to the undercity below, nothing more than a floor of bright lights from this distance above.

"Schutta!" Cried the Rodian, whipping around and onto a knee in the spacious front seat of the craft. The volley of blaster bolts whizzed by Rakaan narrowly, avoided with deft weaving before the snap-hiss of his retrieved lightsaber started to beam brightly in his hand. Uneasy footing shook him back and forth, though the Force guided his hand. A red bolt clashed with the blue, pinging off into the Coruscanti sky before the fifth shot struck the controls and gave the pair pause.

The display sparked around the burned in hole, struggling to come to life with a static screen that in time showing nothing at all. Their heads turned in tandem to the rear, then back to the front. Nothing sounded, well... great. A flutter filled Rakaan's stomach a mere moment before the speeder dipped, falling forwards nose-first. While Rakaan lifted into the air behind it, the Rodian snatched onto the steering stick in an effort to control the failing speeder.

The blue blade disappeared into the hilt while Rakaan barrelled further into the air, falling and tumbling. His shoulder crashed into a passing speeder, accompanied by the terribly expected 'oomf' and pain before facing the undoubtedly crashing speeder craft. He straightened into a free fall, leaning further forwards and becoming a missile. He zipped through the traffic unscathed, narrowly. With an arm outstretched, he grasped onto the backseat and pried ever forwards.

A screaming Rodian with more curses than Rakaan had ever known sat struggling in the seat.

"Move over!" Rakaan shouted, pulling himself closer to the steering stick . Falling, though not into a nose-dive anymore. The harsh pulls on the stick seemed to make some progress on evening them out, though not enough. Slipping forwards into the driver's seat, Rakaan prodded and poked across the dashboard will prying back further and further on the stick. The speeder whined and sputtered with every effort.

"C'mon, c'mon." He said, to no avail.

The Rodian balked some more. "Watch it," Rakaan cautioned, "before you get us both killed."

He surveyed the area in a flash, finding startled stares seeing his inevitable crash. It smoked a black plume, tall and thick as it fell furiously through the air past the promenade. Though Rakaan saw a... suitable platform, veering towards it. The crowds below screamed, running, ducking to the sides of the platform and back into the nightclubs and bars while the careening crimson speeder came down the centre.

"Hold on." Rakaan muttered between gritted teeth, bouncing about within his seat while it rumbled and appeared to be in its dying moments. With a harsh, metal tearing and groaning thud, the speeder crashed into the walkway. The windscreen was first to crack, then shatter. The duracrete seemed to catch the speeder by embedding it within itself. The durasteel exterior was ruined, totalled. Twisted and destroyed. Of what there was to say of the interior parts, Rakaan refused to think.

Though his unlikely passenger was quick to move, hurling himself out backwards and over the side of the speeder. The green-skinned alien tumbled across the ripped up duracrete amid the beginning flames and smell of smoke, refusing to take his large black eyes off of the Jedi.

"Stop!" Yelled the young Jedi Knight with sweat upon his brow, bounding from his seat and after him. Though the Rodian had his choice of words, threatening and bragging while he raised the stolen hilt of Rakaan's lightsaber. The Jedi threw his hands up, as if to surrender.

With an exhausted laugh raking across his vocal chords, he breathed a sigh at length. "I'll be going now," said the Rodian between breaths, "and with this little prize, and you won't follow me if you know what's good for you."

His long fingers attempted to fiddle with the hilt, trying to turn it on. He cursed beneath his breath, finally turning to look towards it and cursing even louder. Rakaan never so much as moved his hands, calling upon the lightsaber with the Force and watching as it rushed to his call. He ignited the blue blade, pointing it towards the Rodian. "You'll be going nowhere." He said smugly, joined at last by the lights and sirens of the Coruscant Security Force.

-----

"For you, master Jedi." An officer handed Rakaan a holo-communicator with the blue-tinted image of Korvan's disappointed face. It seemed almost a still image, which told Rakaan all he needed to know.

The exchange was full to the brim with the mentions of 'recklessness' and other such chidings, replied to with various apologies and a recurring 'I know'.

"You are a Jedi Knight, Rakaan. It is time you act as one." The ever-repeating sharp rise to master Tolderyn's brow caused Rakaan to shamefully avert his eyes, "No more of this, we will not speak of it again. Return to the temple, celebrate as you wish."

It would seem Rakaan hardly listened, he more waited for his turn to speak. "Master, I couldn't let him go and escape. I had to-" He said quickly, almost frantically with the knowing that he was never going to finish his sentence.

"Rakaan." The calm voice of Korvan cut him short with ease, "Brave as it was, you put many at risk with your actions. You were lucky that no one was hurt, let alone killed. The war is done. It is time to rest, Rakaan, can you do that for me?"

The Jedi Knight swallowed what lump rose in his throat, looking sour and nodding. "Yes," the words escaped his mouth though the 'no' his thoughts replied with seemed to be much louder.

"Good," Korvan replied with a warm and kindly smile, "then I will see you soon."

The war was done, though Rakaan could not help but think he was not made for peace.

Last edited:
Be careful what you wish for.
05301-C57-CA89-4-B4-F-9-FA1-7797-ED6670-C1.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png

“Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior. But a lack of empathy isn't.” - Phil Klay

The good news: Jand seemed quite receptive to what he had to say and not more questions.

The bad news: His outlook and opinion of the Jedi as a whole might have changed.

Eyeing Jasper and Amani some more, perhaps “eyeing” is too strong a word, Caltin was watching them as he thought about the situation himself. It was good that Talo was receptive to and accepting of the thought that because he was not physically on scene, he should not completely judge a situation until he has more details. It was better that he had the presence of mind to ask first about this. Vanagor may not have known about this incident if he did not bring it up.

I would not worry about what other people think, or consider “normal”, not even I, my apprentice. As long as you are true to your teachings and the oaths you have taken, I would focus on what you consider “normal”. After all, what is “normal” but what we see, right?

That made no sense at the end.

Shut it…

Being a Council Member can be considered an honor, even by me. However, if you are not enough without the title, you will never be enough with it.

He had learned that the hard way, a long time ago being passed over for seats. It was only when he finally sat “up there” that he wondered what the point was. It works for some Jedi, and some indeed fit in that role well, he simply did not. To him, there was more to being a Jedi Master than being on a Council. “Excitement… Adventure… a Jedi craves not these things…” indeed.
tag: Jand Talo Jand Talo

resonant-staff-hilt-lit-6.png

"Vanguard" (Secondary - Long Handle)
0cf9376e75158d86a4aaeac9fb408128.jpg

"CONSERVATOR" (Primary - Long Handle)
HK-88 Robes, Battle Armor,Toraynor-Henkan(mind crystal added) Advanced Jedi Utility Belt
Starship: Spectre, (NC-1000 X-wing (Jedi Variant) in the hangar, Dilorian, and Bike both in the cargo bay, the late Karki Eusith's Armor, Shield, Temple Guard Lightsaber mounted on the wall)
Sanctuary Island

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom