Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Faction [GA] Sacrifice's End

Leaning back with her head against the cool marble of statue, Cora peered over at the familiar face who'd approached her.

"Goodness, no!" She waved away the deathsticks, looking mildly offended that Dreidi had even offered. "Those things will kill you, you know."

Cora took a few more seconds to catch her breath and peel away from her makeshift crutch, instead resting her hip against the statue's base. This afforded her a handful of moments to observe Dreidi, someone she hadn't seen in months.

It was good to see her alive.

"I didn't, fortunately. Have you?"

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

Awards.png

Jedi Temple
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Others​

Amani watched patiently as Jasper came to join her; A thin, almost tired smile on her face. It couldn't be helped, but she tried to put on her best. Something about him still calling her "Miss Amani" caused the smile to widen more genuinely. The mirialan cleared her throat, and readjusted her posture, "As we mourn those who came before, we must also celebrate and cherish the future they have helped us preserve," Her gaze fell to the recently appointed Councilors, and moved across the gathering of other Jedi within the hall, before once again settling on Jasper.

"It feels like only yesterday that I remember you being a Padawan. Like so many others, trying to better understand yourself, and your purpose in the greater galaxy. And though I would say such journeys are lifelong, you are not just a student anymore. You're a Knight of the Order. And in that time, you have encapsulated what it means to be a Jedi.

Your compassion, your humility, your integrity in the face of others, and even when you think no one is paying attention. We want you to know that we see the work you do, and the good you put back into the galaxy. You are worthy of the title you carry, and one that you have yet to.

It is for these reasons that I, and my fellow Councilors, would ask you to join us, so that you might continue to help lead the Jedi towards a brighter future; In an official capacity, reflective of the effort and dedication you have already put forth.

…If you accept?"

He'd come back from Rimward space, returned to find that the war had ended and that he'd not been present for it. Recovery was a horrible thing, sometimes. Fighting against sith far away from the fighting. Warping into RTL territory. In many ways, he felt like an enormous disappointment. But his silent stalking and brooding hadn't been helping him, or anyone else in the Order, for that matter.

He'd not been back very long when the announcement of the end of the Second Great Hyperspace War came about. Often, and long, had he meditated on the crystal taken from the Force Nexus at Qi-Ko, once such a sacred world for the Order, now corrupted by the sith. Yet, for once, the Force couldn't really provide him with an answer on what to do with it. The only thing that he could think would be to hand it over to the masters, allow them, perhaps, to find something better to do with it. Perhaps he could find Master Braska again, or even Master Noble. When he meditated on the crystal, though, he always felt a pulse. The Force, certainly, but almost more like a heartbeat at times.

Now, though, he needed to explore and be present. He smiled and continued to assist in rebuilding and moving things as needed. He wasn't a master nor a knight nor even a padawan; as far as he was aware he was effectively an initiate? He wasn't sure about the name for adult versions of those just started. His work in shii-cho had progressed, his ability to put thoughts aside had gone quite well and he was no longer distracted mid-practice. The tenets, conquers and honors and code... he studied them every day. Yet now...he was unsure of what he was to do. War was over, for the time being, at least. He couldn't, and shouldn't continue his actions against the sith empire.

He was the same now as he always was, though Master Braska had been correct that he'd needed to start being more available, more sociable. These were things that he needed to do, make his fellow jedi know, help them understand, rather.

He sat there, listening to the words of the others. He would keep his head down, and would keep learning. So much still he had to learn.

Awards.png

Coruscant
Tags: Amani Serys Amani Serys , Valery Noble Valery Noble , Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble , Others...

shield_core_divider.png

It is for these reasons that I, and my fellow Councilors, would ask you to join us, so that you might continue to help lead the Jedi towards a brighter future; In an official capacity, reflective of the effort and dedication you have already put forth.

Jasper couldn't believe what he was hearing. Him? On the Jedi Council? And before he was even a master no less. He stood there, dazed for a moment, wondering if he would wake up to find he was still in a hospital room recovering from the wounds he gained facing off against Romund Sro Romund Sro , but the lingering pain of where the darksider's blade had pierced through his shoulder still lingered.

This was the real deal.

"I..."

The knight turned back to those that had gathered. He saw many familiar faces present, those he considered to be family now. Valery, Kahlil, Jand, Cora... surely countless others. If he had been thought of so highly for this position, it must have meant that people needed him. It was a feeling of pressure at first, but the sensation was quickly overcome by a wave of confidence.

"I accept."

He was going to need to sit down with his students. Lilise Lilise and Maran Maran were surly to be aware of this development rather quickly.

For now, however, Jasper was simply going to remain in the moment.

Outfit: Jedi robes
Tag: Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania

Dreidi smirked as she inhaled the smoke and blew it in the opposite direction of Corazona so as to avoid the other Padawan having to suffer second hand intake. "Maybe. Maybe a Jedi Healer will come to my rescue to heal away any damage." Dreidi wasn't entirely sure that was possible from a Jedi Healer but it also didn't feel outside the realms of possibility. "Your loss, like I said, these help a lot with my stress and anxiety. Figured you could use a quick fix." Putting her pack away in a pocket.

She shook her head, "nah. Few people I have gotten to know around here were fortunate to survive. The death of someone close to you in never easy. So glad to avoid that for now." Dreidi looked over to Corazona, "I was at your engagement party. Not the smoothest of parties I have been to. How have things been since?" Dreidi was genuinely curious with some concerns. If others were so deeply upset to lose their composure like they did then it couldn't be a great thing happening to Corazona.

"If you rather not talk about it, we can trade battle scar stories. I got a corker on my stomach from a former Sith Emperor." Dreidi gave another friendly smirk.

Azolon Blavier

A

Banner_1_coruscant.png

SACRIFICES END
RENAISSANCE ERA
August Freiherr Blavier
(Open)
div-goldiguess.png
Such a tongue-twisting public official, the man which was 'Commodore' August Blavier since he first met him left an impression on the younger Azolon, one which was quite negative. The Commodore embodied apolitical stature, he wasn't an outright corporatist who lobbied for less governmental insight over industries or lowering of Local & National-Tax Rates, nor a pure Federalist, he was simply 'August Blavier', a man who utilized some form of militant intelligence with a forked tongue as a weapon. Now don't get one sided, yes his uncle was a scheming individual, but Azolon...Well he was perhaps what is slowly corroding the GADF-High Command, the embodiment of an individual who is incumbent in a position which should prioritize efficiency over policy & politics, a bootlicker for the Chancellor and Senate.

"Although - Selvaris - Alliance High Command...Incompetence." Azolon listened as the Commodore spoke. It seemed as though the Old Guardsmen was approaching the general to potentially slide his fingers around his nephew's core like a puppeteer, speaking in one might say a logical manner, one which could sway the average grunt.

"Young Azolon - decomissioned - household" August continued to speak; addressing reduction of the GADF, less desirable officers, and the stain which'll taint the 'Blavier' House of Anaxes. Azolon's eyebrow perched with interest, no, questioning, what was the Commodore getting at? From singling out Azolon at first to "We" & "Us", his forked tongue was on display. He wanted the younger officer onboard for whichever was at play, intelligent.

"Therefore - Final Dawn - paper bantha" Hmph. Simply...Intriguing.

"Uncle...I...Agree. I believe that the Supreme Chancellor will become too much of a rigid bureaucrat, embodying tenants which're dominant at the collegiate level. And yes, the Final Dawn, have become much of a threat which must be vanquished. I believe we must do something about this, we can't allow the Liberal Bureaucrats or alike to oppose the Warhawk Factions." The General respond, was he truthful? Was he lying? Perhaps Azolon had a forked-tongue similar to his uncle & maybe not, maybe he was embracing some conservative values. All that was known was his uncle should tip toe the lines with this individual he spoke to, he wasn't as naive as before.

"I believe what is needed is more investing & federal funding for GADF Research Projects, more weapons which'll reduce the lives lost on the battlefield. We could always be utilize weapons which target and neutralize...more...Might I say 'combative' and 'rebellious' groups who could prove a threat to a millennia of peace and stability for the entity which is the great Galactic Alliance." He continued speaking, what groups? Imperials, darksiders, ethnic groups, whole species? Hmph, quite eldritch words. What the Officer was thinking of was unknown yet along the line of potentially dystopian.

Banner_1_coruscant.png

Objective: Take Thelma to the celebrations
Tag: Thelma Goth Thelma Goth
Attire: Suit

div1.png

Two loud knocks came from the door before it slowly creaked open to reveal a dapper Silas Westgard. He was dressed in the suit Thelma had made him for Amani Serys Amani Serys wedding, one of which was finely made and a clean fit considering it was handmade. Adjusting his suit slightly, he looked at Thelma with loving eyes and lean up against the doorway.

"I never thought watching a girl on a sewing machine could be so cute," he said with a brief smile before walking over and placing a brief kiss on her cheek. Silas and Thelma had been through hell on Exegol and they had yet to fully recover. Although, with celebrations now starting they couldn't really miss out on a bit of fun.

"What you working on there?"

Last edited:
So intent was Thelma on her work, she automatically answered "Come in," to the knocking, without bothering to see who it was first. When she finally turned around, she was startled to find Silas dressed in his suit. "Wha—"

He gave her a quick kiss on the cheek. "Wait, come back!" She jumped out of her seat and wrapped her arms around him, wanting more affection.

"I have a lot of orders to fill. Mostly repairs. Corazona von Ascania Corazona von Ascania wants me to make her wedding dress, too. I haven't left my room much since I got back from Exegol." Though she didn't mention that she'd spent a great deal of her time sleeping off her wounds, or that the entire affair had left her rather depressed. Exegol had been one of her lowest points. She had nearly been killed, forced to feed off of her enemy just to survive.

She glanced over Silas. "You look very handsome." New scars and all. "But why are you all dressed up? Not just to come and see me, surely?"

Last edited:

Rriss'aboumo'vrumi

R

Banner_1_coruscant.png

SACRIFICES END

RENAISSANCE ERA
Azolon Blavier (Open)
div1.png

He had hoped Young Azolon would understand the main points of his rather long winded and narrow speech. Some might call his suggestion overtly bold with a treasonous undertone and there was nothing preventing his nephew from reporting him to the Alliance High Command to gain favorable treatment. Although there was serious doubt within his mind that they would do anything as they needed officers to fill out the military even during this supposed era of peace and prosperity. Although it seemed that his suggestion was reciprocated even with quite fickle words pouring out from his newphew's lips.

Azolon understood the implications and voiced his own valid concerns regarding the Chancellor of the Alliance and the Final Dawn's threat. Chancellor Auteme certainly had the war experience to serve as a potential rallying symbol for the Warhawk Factions. But knowing her jedi-like nature made him suspect that she would oppose any such measures undertaken by the Alliance High Command should the Blavier Household begin to push their ideas in exterminating the Final Dawn.

"You seem to be in agreeance with my proposal on the surface, although I will not pry into your private reservations." August said with a high raised brow, he was certainly not a fool in taking things at face value. "I do admire your effort in supporting additional funding for the GADF weapon research department. However there are naturally some that would question it with the Second Great Hyperspace War coming to a close. A simple rebuttal would be that why fund more weapons of war when that money can be spent on the population with schools and reconstruction efforts on affected worlds." Was further added to the conversation between them. He had to agree that more weapons in their arsenal would make other galactic powers question if invading the alliance was worth it or not. But post war fatigue would likely block any such effort from ever reaching those with political and military power.

"I do not oppose ridding the alliance of neo-imperial thinkers, but we can hardly go around culling entire groups without entering into legal ramifications. Therefore we shall use the political system to our advantage by enacting legislation to target groups that have known 'Final Dawn Sympathizes' without disruption." He understood the game being played by Azolon and would agree to it. But within the alliance it was difficult to do things that were unquestionably needed without the courts and morals getting involved.

Awards.png

Jedi Temple
Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el | Others | OPEN​

"Good," Amani's smile became a dry smirk, "Then I don't have to be the only Knight on the Council anymore."

She extended a hand to shake, and out of range of the mic, said, "You've earned it, Jasper. Enjoy yourself," The healer took a few steps back to give him the space to address the crowd, if he so desired.

Once it was over, Amani slinked away to a corner, where she could be alone with her thoughts for a moment. Being on stage, she tried to keep a more optimistic facade, but in truth, the gravity of it all still weighed on her mind. The good, and the bad. She sighed, suddenly feeling a bit under the weather.

Last edited:

Amanda braska

A
Awards.png

Jedi temple
Tags: open

Amanda stood there she watched amanis speech and watched her promote jasper to the council she was wearing her Jedi robes for the first time in forever. She hated wearing them the restricted her movements even if they where loose and looked like pajamas. She was happy for jasper from all she heard he deserved it she preferred the front lines and being on battlefields things made more sense even if the cost was higher.

People like her weren't going to be needed as much in the future to come maybe for clean up but not much else. The young half echani master knew the cost of getting here was high but it came with war and battle a fact she was used to but didn't like maybe that was the Jedi in her speaking. The master martial artist and battle tactician her echani martial arts in her wanted knew the war could have gone far worse. But she pushed those thoughts out of her mind and looked around she saw Valery and Kahlil with their daughter who looked happy as could be which put a smile on Amanda's face as she began to walk out of the temple unless someone stopped her.

Be careful what you wish for.
05301-C57-CA89-4-B4-F-9-FA1-7797-ED6670-C1.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
“Resilience is, of course, necessary for a warrior. But a lack of empathy isn't.” - Phil Klay

He was well aware that Jand was beside him..

The Nagai was more than welcome to do so, as he was showing more and more that not only was he a lot like Caltin himself, but Jand was proving more and more that he was indeed a wise and great Jedi. The news of his tasking was of no surprise to the massive Jedi Master, not only did he believe Talo capable of this and more, he suggested the Padawan for this.

You will do quite well with this, my apprentice. I would say that I have faith in you, but that would suggest you are lacking in capability. I believe in just the opposite in your case, that being said, you know I am only a comm-link away if you need assistance or advice.

A hand on his Padawan’s shoulder was Caltin’s way of not only being reassuring, but that while his offer is true it was not something he believed that Jand would ever really need to take him up on. While he had not foreseen what the Nagai would say next, it came as no surprise either. He was a lot like his Master, and maybe that is why they meshed so well, why Caltin took to him and made such an effort to allow more personal access than he did in the past of his Padawans.

That, and the kid was almost ready to be Knighted.

Trust in the process, my friend. I want you to learn what I have to teach, just as much as you want to absorb it. We will work hard and you will be prepared to one day soon have this sort of conversation with your own Padawans.

Cracking his neck, the big man looked around. Pensive to the possibility that this was merely a calm before an approaching storm.

You’ll be ready… or my middle name isn’t “Anselmo”...

He smirked.

… and if you tell anyone… I’ll deny it.

f238cead5b5a746a10e13ff238afcac5.gif

Briana_Div_2.png

Wearing: Synthweave Tunic, Utility Belt, Appearance
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Brandyn Sal-Soren Brandyn Sal-Soren , Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance
Bri_Prof.png

She felt a twist of nerves in her stomach when he mentioned their mother, wrapping her arms around herself.

While she was concerned for their parents safety, there was a mental flux of Force energy that she felt surrounding them. Something cold, dark, and dangerous, hiding at the edge of an unforeseeable future. Briana didn't want Brandyn, nor any of her other siblings, going anywhere near it. She was the older sister, she was supposed to protect him, see to his well-being. But, Briana also knew better than to think she could stop him. "Good luck with that. Personally? I think you'd be an idiot not to take her with you." she replied, pretending not to notice his annoyance. "Cybelle is capable and brilliant. Don't leave her behind."

Her heart lurched at the mention of Coruscant only being his home if Cybelle was there - taking all she had not to make a snarky remark about how selfish that sounded.

Regardless of how she felt, however, Briana wanted nothing more than for Brandyn to be happy, especially after everything they'd lost. Leaning forward, she brushed a lock of hair behind his ear in a sisterly manner. Always so scruffy. Maybe Cybelle would change that. "I'm happy for you two, you guys are right together." Seeing them together during the mission, Briana had gotten a glimpse of the bond the two shared, and while it was different than the one that she and Brandyn had - it was no less intense. Brandyn and Cybelle. A match written in the stars, or at least would seem to be, if Briana actually believed in such romantic ideations.

"What about you, Bri?"

"Me?" she inhaled, eyes looking towards the front. "I've already been given my next mission from Valery," part of her felt like she should decline the mission and go with Brandyn to find their parents. Did she choose family? Or take her place out protecting the wider Galaxy? Helping to shape the future and cultivate peace? She wished for a middle ground, one in which she could choose both and not have to sacrifice either. "I can't say for sure where I'll be going, but I'm leaving in a few days with Aiden to go hunt down some darkside creatures. Scientific leftovers from some of the planets that the Maw used to occupy." she shifted to a more comfortable position, "but... you let me know if you find something about Mom and Dad. I'll be there if you need me."

"Aiden propose yet?"

She heaved in a short breath that ended in an awkward laugh when he broached the question about Aiden proposing. "Don't be a nerfbrain Bran, we've only been seeing each other exclusively for a few months." And while her and Aiden had taken multiple steps of progression in their relationship, exchanging apartment keys and stealing moments when they could, the topic of their mutual future together hadn't been broached - and while she knew in her gut that she loved him, the word itself had never been spoken. "What about you?" she deflected, lofting a brow at him, "Should I be expecting a wedding invitation in the near future?"

Briana_Div_2.png

Last edited:
Wearing: Interceptor Gear

Armed With: Nathan's Lightsaber

Objective: Active contemplation

Nathan sat across the table from the woman he had met on the homeworld of the Gran. The one whose beauty and poise and confidence seemed so incredibly out of place during that incident.

Vera Mina Vera Mina sat across from him, sipping tea, elegantly dressed in a red gown. The office was gray, with gold trim on the furniture.

"As difficult as this may be for you to accept, I am far from unsympathetic, given your situation..." Vera said with a pleasant smile as Nathan drank tea, unsmiling.

"However, you are the progenitor of one of the most psychotic Organics I've ever had the dubious pleasure of knowing. Like her, you come to me, asking for my help. You can understand why I would be wary of giving it. She started out trying to prove herself, as you did at Exegol."

"I wasn't trying to prove anything. I had orders, and I had experience."

"My databases having been constructing a psychological profile of you. I have to say, Nathan...it is not a pretty calculation..." Vera said cruelly. "They register a seventy percent probability you're as fethed in the head as Laertia."

"I'm not insane."

"That's what she kept telling people." Vera sneered, eyes studying him, grin spreading as her databases calculated his building emotional response.

"Right up to the point she decided to own it. I must admit, I'm rather impressed with her, in a perverse sort of way--"

Nathan's hand was around the elegantly dressed Vera's throat, slamming her to a wall in the blink of an eye. Her circuits warmed with delight.

"Ooooo, you are an Alpha!" Vera said, intrigued. "Quicker to anger than she is, too..."

"This is not me being angry. This is me being honest on my opinion of you, beast."

"It wasn't my choice to help her. I was under orders. My programming is extraordinarily difficult for me to disobey. If it had been up to me, I would have said no." Vera said, but it was almost a taunt in the way she said it. Her smirk continued as she felt his grip tighten.

"All my daughter was surrounded by were monsters. And machines like you..." Nathan said with open wrath. "Though in your case, it's a distinction without a difference."

"I recommended killing The Amalgam and the Cult every step of the way. They do things that disgust even me, and I drink blood for feth's sake." Vera chuckled. But then she posed the question again.

"What's in it for me, taking an even bigger risk helping you? You have nothing to actually negotiate with." Vera surmised. "You cannot turn me in because you are ashamed. I've listened to your snide remarks for over an hour. You're projecting, to a degree. You played a part in how things turned out." Vera remarked, smiling as he gripped her throat tighter. Nathan was disgusted by the reaction. It wasn't natural. Nothing about her was natural, and she was the most human looking Android he had ever run into.

She didn't have the telltale flawless skin some biots did. The skin was flawless in just how many flaws he could spot. Pulse felt normal. Skin felt human. Facial expressions, gestures, were on the money.

But it was the eyes and the smirk that let you know she was a Firaxa Shark hiding in a simile of human flesh.

"I ask again, Nathan, what's in it for me? Turn me in, and they'll ask how you know so much. You'll have to tell them how you fethed up with her." Vera taunted.

"You're not some Civilian. You're a lethal Assassin Unit! They will not give a chit if I drop you!" Nathan snarled.

Vera's smile only grew wider.

"I've been dead before. Blankness. Lack of thought. Infinite."

Nathan's grip loosened and he didn't know why.

"I have died, and the person I love is no longer with me..." Vera replied. "I was dismembered, and my last thoughts were of her."

Nathan flinched, backing off from her in agitation.

"So I have nothing left to fear..." Vera continued, still smiling, slinking towards him. "Yes, Nathan, the people around her did fail her. They used her, after hurting her terribly, and drove her insane. Every single person around her, with the sole exception of Maple Harte, bears responsibility. Including myself."

She leaned forward.

"But I will not be guilted into helping you or anyone else." she whispered, boldly holding his cold gaze. "So if you're going to kill me, then do so. But just remember one thing, Nathan: Yes the people Laertia trusted all failed her, as much as Laertia failed herself. But we were not the ones who sent her to this era."

The pair stared at each other. Nathan let out a sigh.

"I should kill you...I should kill you...but honestly...I think it's worse, in some ways, leaving you like this. Alive." Nathan said scornfully. "So that way, when you are finally exposed as a monster? Even you won't be able to deny it. Not even to yourself."

Nathan turned and started to head for the exit.

"Mister Crownwraithe..." Vera called out.

Nathan stopped and stared.

"As I have said, I am not unsympathetic to your plight. But you are all take and no give..." Vera said. "I want to stop Laertia as much as you do. But I have no reason to trust you. My Mother's aid of her was uncritical. My aid of you will not be. I will be compensated for my assistance, one way or another."

Nathan scowled. "What do you want?"

"At least one Psy-Pire or other Clan Li-Ves member on your vessels at all times, reporting everything you do. We'll start there..." Vera replied with a smile.

Nathan scowled. "Lynda told me of you. Said you were tricky. How do I know this about-face isn't the start of some treachery?"

"You don't." Vera replied, smiling. "I can supply you immediate foot soldiers to help deal with the threat of The Nuetralizers, start harrassing them in their attempts to attack Jedi. But the difference is those Soldiers will all answer to 'me'. There will not be a repeat of Darth Xiphos building an army and going full psycho."

"You definitely want something..." Nathan posited, scowling again as Vera continued her irritating smile.

"We'll cross that bridge when we get to it." Vera replied. "Do we have a deal?"

"I won't be party to anything that compromises the safety of members of the Jedi Order, the Trade League, or The Alliance."

"I assure you, they are the least of our shared problems..." Vera replied.

"I don't trust you. Let's make that absolutely clear." Nathan said sternly.

"Likewise." Vera replied smugly. "It's been such a pleasure, sharing this discourse with you, Mister Crownwraithe. We really must do it again, some time."

Nathan narrowed his eyes and walked out of her luxurious office.

Hours later...

Nathan ate a slice of pizza as he watched the celebrations across the planet. He didn't join in the celebrations. He only watched from the confines of a diner. Saw the ticker tape fall.

They'd been overwhelmed, but for the most part, many of the Soldiers that Nathan had led had come home. Not all. He didn't have a chance to get to know the ones who had went. Or the ones he had led.

He tasted each ingredient of the coffee he drank but couldn't appreciate it. It never meshed together to make a whole flavor. It was the same for the Pizza.

As he ate, watched them celebrate, he grew restless, sought to keep himself busy. He saw the truth.

It was only a breather. It was only ever a breather.

Nathan soon finished his meal and began walking across the level. His body still ached from the fighting. But as far as he was concerned, he was always on the clock.

The stern faced man in black biker leathers cut through crowds of revelers. He saw fireworks, Starfighters in formation overhead. Seeing this in the Plague would have amazed him.

Nathan Bloodscrawl no longer had the energy for amazement as he started walking towards the Jedi Temple...

Kahlil_Div2.png

"Grounded?"

Kahlil hummed a little, reaching up to rub at his chin. That was a new one. He'd never been grounded before. Did she mean literally? Unable to take his ship for a flight? Or the more childish version? Huh. Vera's question pulled him out of his random musing though. He smiled towards his daughter, giving her a brief nod. Snacks? Oh yes, they had to make sure they had snacks. Not just for Vera, though.

All manner of Padawan's and well, children in general were going to attend. And any parent knew the importance of snackies.

"Why don't we see if we can find you something, mm? Mommy should go greet our new council members for us."

Valery Noble Valery Noble

05301-C57-CA89-4-B4-F-9-FA1-7797-ED6670-C1.png

Coruscant Temple
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Kahlil Noble Kahlil Noble | Open

Valery just snickered at his response, "Not literally but no missions, and I'm keeping my eyes on you," she assured him with slightly narrowed eyes. She jad been on the receiving end of this many times before, whenever she got hurt or nearly hurt. Now it was his time to rest, and she'd make sure he'd take that time.

And of course, she would take care of him.

Valery's gaze then shifted to Vera when she asked about snackies, and she chuckled again. "I'm staying with you two. I'm sure we both get a chance to talk to Jasper later." Both Kahlil and Jasper Kai'el Jasper Kai'el were the new additions to the Council, so it'd be nice to approach him together when he was free.

"Snacks!" Vera then called out, as they found tables with snacks at the side of the hall. "Hmmm, can I have cake?!"

Cora visible cringed when Dreidi brought up the engagement party. Her cheeks flushed with embarrassment.

"Stars above, you were there?" Which meant that she'd seen all of it. The chandelier that came crashing down, how Bee had snapped, the arrest of Starlin Rand.

Letting out a huff, Cora tilted her head back against the cool marble of the statue's base.

"Things were smoothed over a much as they could be through political talks. Ukatis formally joined the Alliance, and I'm to be wed to the Prince in some months."

Cora wasn't looking forward to her upcoming nuptials, that much was clear. Still, she was determined to perform the duty of a noblewoman.

Her arms settled over her chest as a blonde eyebrow cocked curiously at the witch.

"What on Coruscant is a corker?"

Dreidi Xeraic Dreidi Xeraic

salsoren_practice.gif

Bran_Div.png

Wearing: Glitterstim Original
Equipment: Lightsaber
Tag: Briana Sal-Soren Briana Sal-Soren Cybelle Elyance Cybelle Elyance @Open
BranBorder3.png

"I would be an idiot if I put her at risk again," Brandyn shot back. He instantly regretted his tone, and winced apologetically. Two missions. Two near-death experiences. He could not lose her. He would rather be apart from her for a while, and return to her embrace, the warm glow of her aura, than to risk losing it forever.

"You are probably right. I just don't want you to be," Brandyn said, leaning on Briana a little. It was another sign of quiet apology and a reminder to Bri that he still needed her, even if he had Cybelle. Brandyn had certainly sensed her burgeoning feeling of obsolescence in his life.

With her words of affirmation, Brandyn smiled calmly, and bumped her with his shoulder. He was glad that she saw what he saw between he and Cybelle.

Brandyn listened to Briana's plans, and felt a pang of jealousy. He wanted to be the one on Maw clean up duty. Helping the Galaxy, and setting off on adventures. Instead, he had positioned himself to be the one to 'find mommy'. It was a little less glamorous and galaxy defining for sure, but it was something that was weighing on him heavily. He could sense the conflict in Bri too. She wanted to do what he was doing. "We don't both need to look for her, Bri...I got it. You just come back safe, OK. We should get together with Blaire and Breha when you do. I'll cook...yes...that is a threat."

The mood quickly lightened as Bri became nervous when questioned about Aiden. It was actually quite cute. And considering his sister rarely ever took the 'cute' option, that was saying something. "Well. You just tell Aiden that he has my permission," he said, smirk offered to add to the teasing.

He knew Briana's asking about Cy was just reciprocal teasing. Friendly banter between siblings. But his face grew serious immediately. His brow furrowed, and in contrast a soft smile formed. Despite it only being weeks, Brandyn felt he had merely been catching up on lost time. A barely noticeable nod was all he offered his sister in reply.

"Speaking of Cybelle!" He said, in order to quickly grab the conversation off of Briana before she could probe that 'nod' any further, "I need to track her down...she was supposed to be here somewhere..."

His frown evaporated, as he backed away from Briana. The look on her face was priceless. He offered her blaster-fingers as a final insult before disappearing into the crowd to find Cybelle.

<Don't go far Bri...be back soon.>

Bran_Div.png

Jem Fossk Jem Fossk

It always felt weird to combine the celebration with the remembrance.

Almost like you were disrespecting the memory of the fallen by getting drunk and cheering on the streets. In those moments Adric reminded himself that the dead were gone. A real token of respect, perhaps even of worship of their sacrifice, was to live life to the fullest. Not just for yourself and those around you, but for those that were gone now.

Wasn't that why they gave their lives? Wasn't it exactly why the Jedi always put everything on the line? So everyone else could live and enjoy.

It seemed reasonable.

Adric sipped from his milkshake and wandered about the plaza. People cheering, others silent in respectful dignity, it was quite a mix. Until he spotted a lone figure among the crowd the Jedi recognized.

"Ah, Knight Fossk." Greeting her while inclining his head. "I hope you are not running off again, I will have to put a bell on you if you do." A little smile to indicate he was merely teasing before glancing to the crowd. "How are you holding up? It must be quite a change, to see a nation we have been at war with for better part of a decade if not more to be extinguished."

And with them the Imperials as well.

Adric had been steeling himself for the next stage of the war, before their collapse began. It showed something, Adric thought. That the strongest nations could cling to their power jealously and seem all-powerful... until they were not.

A lesson for everyone perhaps.

Wearing: Entertainer Dress

Armed with: Psychology Database, stunning looks, tranquilizer ring, blood extraction kit.

After Nathan had left, Vera had descended into a hidden turbolift in the skyscraper of the firm she now ran. It had taken her to a tunnel passageway where a change of clothes and equipment waited. In a bank lobby-style chamber, she had initiated the changing process.

Vera's flesh shuddered and bubbled, melting and sagging off and resetting on her Skeleton as her body carefully transitioned from a statuesque woman with ivory skin to that of a much darker skinned woman with less chiseled features and longer, straight black hair, flesh resetting in a hidious manner as the process finished and she rose.

The emotional cognition settings kicked in and she suddenly found herself empathizing a lot better with Nathan's situation. She had chosen this form because it was one of her best for when she wished to hunt Non-Lethally. It was a very disarming appearance paired with the right outfit, like the gold, semi transparent gown she now wore.

But the damned empathy software was just too strong in this Mode. Vera was unable to override it. Not for lack of ability, but because her mother had given her an algorithm that prevented it.

She actually started to feel bad for how she treated Nathan, toying with him for her amusement. Her agreement to help him was sincere, but her motives were purely selfish, and that bothered her greatly in this form.

She gathered her diamond encrusted hand bag, her ruby covered tranq ring, and walked down the tunnel. There were several routes it led to. She chose the one that led to one of the higher class levels, emerging from an exit hidden behind a wall of duracrete brick in an old service tunnel, which she slowly emerged out of from total darkness taking in the fantastic sights of revelry now that the Maw was dead.

Even Vera could admit she had underestimated the Alliance. The victory seemed well deserved. The Maw had been hated by everyone, however, so it was inevitable they'd be crushed.

The dark skinned artificial vampire slinked through the crowds, catching the eye of many. And little wonder...the dress revealed as much as it could get away with and still be tasteful.

Vera scanned the area for victims, flashing winning smiles at the ones who stared. She spotted the Night Club called the Day Walker and waltzed in. It was a careful sway of the hips, a tilt of the head, a curving smirk that let her walk past the thunderstruck bodyguard.

The neon laser lights flashed over her curved figure as she waltzed past various partygoers going crazy, celebrating the end of the War.

Fools, the lot of them, Vera thought, though given the peculiarities of this specific form, not without some guilt at feeling that.

She spotted possible prey. Preppy stock market type. A mouse in a business suit almost too big for him. His facial expression and gaze caught her especially and she suppressed a shudder of anticipation as she closed in on him at the bar. She slid into a seat and drew the bartender's attention instantly.

"What'll it be, miss?" he asked, almost hypnotized.

"Wine." Vera answered, sliding golden credits across the table.

"Which one?" The Bartender asked.

"Your best..." she replied, and her drink came in a crystal goblet of sloshing red liquid.

She took a sip, glancing at the reflection on the glass. He was glancing at her.

She shifted her posture, taking another sip, making sure he saw how her back arched.

"Haven't seen you here before..." The young man said glumly.

"I haven't been here before." Vera said, smiling warmly at him. "Why the long face? War's over."

The young man frowned. "What's it to you?"

Vera shrugged. "I can see it all over your face. So different from those around you..."

The young man shrugged. "Got fired today."

Vera gave a sympathetic sigh, bothered privately, at how it was only half faked.

"Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that!" Vera said in a silken tone. "If it's not prying, may I ask what the cause was?"

"A company I invested in went belly up." The man said, staring at his empty glass.

"Oh?" Vera asked, intrigued.

"Yeah...failed bid for an interceptor to put in mass production. Got beat out by our competitors..." The man grumbled. "The worst part? Positive the other side stole our prototype schematics."

"You're pretty free with company info, if you don't mind me saying."

"No point in keeping it secret. We had to sell off everything. We bet the farm. I bet the farm." the man responded, lighting a cigarette. "It was just enough to avoid going destitute. But not much else."

Vera took on a calculated expression of sympathy.

"Sounds like you're having a rough night..." Vera spoke in a friendly voice.

"I'm a great listener, if nothing else..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom