Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Fundraising Gala on Coruscant (Senate, Media, Corporations, etc!)

Objective: Represent the Jedi
Wearing: Link
Tag: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Koda Fett Koda Fett Gorthalon Gorthalon | Open

Kahlil is going to kill me for this...

That's the only thing she could think about, as she sprinted into the direction of the speeders in her red dress, and without weapons. But she couldn't help it — someone was shot, people were in shock and the one responsible was trying to get away. But she was a Jedi, so even though her clothing was highly inappropriate to go into action, she had to do this.

weu9krB.png
Sprinting past senators, news reporters, and people working at the Gala, she finally reached the line of speeders, which is where she noticed a familiar face approaching the vehicles as well. It was quite a long time ago that she worked together with Gorthalon Gorthalon during a joint mission between the Alliance and Enclave, but he had her respect, and she knew what he could do.

– Care to help an old friend? –

"It would be my pleasure, although I would have preferred different circumstances," Valery said as she watched him tear the door off the vehicle so they could get inside. She blinked in response but quickly settled into the driver seat to fire up the engine of the speeder.

"So, this dress isn't made to carry weapons — do you have a sidearm or something I could borrow? Just in case," she flashed him a grin and took off with speed you'd expect from a fiery lady like her. Valery had seen roughly where Koda Fett Koda Fett was trying to make his escape, and she wasn't going to make that an easy task for him.

They were coming after him.

CORUSCANT
Valery Noble Valery Noble | Gorthalon Gorthalon

In the reflection of his T-visor, the dense lanes of traffic made themselves all too known; from one side to the other, above and below, it seemed as if a million smaller crafts bustled about Coruscant for one reason or another - it was the centre of these vast territories, vital to most and home to even more. It came as no shock to see it, he mused, as he rocketed across them. Fett weaved in and out, his sudden direction shifts had taken him further into the air as well as below, near misses came dime a dozen but the Mandalorian elected to call it a skilled series of manoeuvres more so than a streak of luck.

If he tried to flee and leave them in the dust, or find somewhere to battle them on his own terms, it was left unsaid for the moment.

He twisted in the air once he left the traffic, as if a roll that had then seem him descend between the cracks of two structures and vanish behind them, able to fit no more than a speeder - fortunate for them, it seemed. He landed with a thud, the heft to his armoured frame ensured that much. It seemed to be an old landing pad, a circular platform extended from a narrow catwalk and lead to an old door but there was no source of light - above it was an overhang, as if another floor of the building altogether. It was dusty, old, decrepit.

Fett aimed his wrist for the roof overhead once the two swerved around the corner and sent a missile towards it, the explosion loosened materials from the roof and turned them into debris, the intent to land on their craft and disable it to whatever extent, so much that it failed to continue on. But the Jedi were fast, their reactions even faster, whether she was able to avoid them or need to bail from the speeder was another question altogether.

In any case, the man that bristled with armaments had not fled after the missile left his vambrace. He was there there for the fight.

Tag: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana Koda Fett Koda Fett Gorthalon Gorthalon | Open

Why did I do this again?

More questions without answers ran through the woman's mind as she continued the high-speed chase through dense Coruscant traffic. The tall buildings and absurd amount of vehicles made it difficult to stay behind the Mandalorian, but at least her dress didn't limit her reaction speed and ability to read her environment. The Force was her ally and as long as she could connect with it, she'd be able to keep up.

Poor Gorthalon though — she wondered just how intense this chase would be to him.

weu9krB.png
But when the two slipped through the narrow crack between two buildings and approached the pad Koda Fett Koda Fett seemed to make his stand on, an explosion occurred. Looking up, Valery spotted a large amount of debris coming down and even if she could avoid it all, it would be incredibly risky to try in a vehicle she wasn't familiar with.

So she drew in a breath and connected with the Force, her fiery eyes shifting up to extend her reach mentally.

Gradually but just in time, the dangerous chunks of debris all began to levitate above the surface, allowing Valery to go underneath while only smaller bits of rubble hit the roof of the speeder.

"I'm dropping you out to engage!" Valery called out and without giving Gorthalon much time to respond, she turned the wheel and drifted with the speeder to bring the passenger side towards Koda. This gave her friend the ability to rush out and fight up-close, while she stayed in control of the debris and could deal with it before offering assistance.

Theo wished for once he had some kind of communication device on him but he had left it home. He looked around the room no other shots had come in and he thought he heard there were security forces chasing the sniper.

He got around the table and sat beside Alicio Organa Alicio Organa as he was trying to tempt Seva Geroux Seva Geroux to sit. He calmed his own nerves, "I think it's all clear but I don't know. We'll wait a bit more before we move just in case someone is waiting to take another shot into the Banquet hall." Theo shook his head, who would want Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana dead.

What could he do now? That meant that Senator Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix Tiresh Kobitana-Draellix was missing and her father dead. Personal vendetta against the family or something else? He didn't know.

The room was still buzzing with fear and screams, followed by tears. He turned to look around he could make out Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , "Alicio maybe we should check on Isla Draelix" Not that he was afraid of approaching her but a familiar face would certainly be more welcome than one she didn't know.

"It would be my pleasure, although I would have preferred different circumstances,"

– Yes… It is hard to find positives now. – Gorthalon stared out the craft's windshield, his verbal tone reflecting his internal lament. The person he should have protected, who felt safe with him and his detachment of senate guard around him had been murdered before his very eyes. The Yuzzem's grief soon grew into frustration, and then… a fierce desire for vengeance.
"So, this dress isn't made to carry weapons — do you have a sidearm or something I could borrow? Just in case,"

Gorthalon looked at the Jedi somewhat surprised, and then immediately understood her predicament. The beast pointed at the gigantic two-handed greataxe lying on the backseat with a flash of a smile appearing on his face. – You have my axe, Master Noble! – His smile soon disappeared, as the daring chase between the miriad towers of Coruscant made him hit the top of his head to the speeder's roof repeatedly. Of course, he had it worse on military deployments, so he took the ride's twists and turns with an intact stomach. This time the ride was simply most confined and uncomfortable. He was shuffling in his seat, eager to get out soon and confront this elusive assassin.

Once again he was reminded of how much he admired the Jedi. Not just the individuals behind the name, but the idea as well. The marvelous feats like the one Master Noble just demonstrated with her telekinetic abilities while driving was simply so extraordinary to him that in that split moment he forgot his recent failure and the tough days waiting for him, and felt invigorated. Ready to play into the Jedi's strengths and proudly assist one of the Galaxy's true protectors.

"I'm dropping you out to engage!"

– Airdrops are my specialty. – Gorthalon told her as he climbed outside, winds tearing into his fur. The beast hung by the side of the craft with one leg still in the cockpit, and one hand holding onto the car; readying himself to pounce viciously at the perpetrator, Koda Fett Koda Fett . The moment arrived abruptly – the eight feet tall frame of the Yuzzem descended from the sky, carrying the momentum of the craft, with a bone-chilling roar heralding his arrival.

With flashing claws and teeth, he attempted to plow straight into the hunter and follow up his explosive entrance with a series of bestial swipes and bites at the hunter's extremities.

Last edited:
Seva's eyes fixed on the outstretched hand of Alicio Organa Alicio Organa . She swallowed a sob that was threatening to escape and joined him. The Commenori noblewoman took Alicio's hand briefly, long enough to seat herself beside him – on the opposite side of Theo Vereen Theo Vereen . Her new companions seemed just as shocked and confused. At least she wasn't alone.

She felt tears welling, but did her best to blink them back. Her parents had always taught her that showing emotions in public was impolite. Then again, a man had just died.

Though Theo's words were directed at Alicio, Seva's eyes flickered back and forth between the two men. She certainly didn't want to be left behind, but she offered them a solemn nod as if to say 'do what you need to do.' Ripples of panic were still felt, but the crowd seemed to settle into quiet murmurs. They seemed relatively safe for now – there were no more bolts incoming. Which solidified the thought that this attack was premeditated – and meant for exactly one.

Alicio had never seen anyone die before.

It was a wholly unnatural thing to witness, despite death being a wholly natural process. The slow realization, of Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana looking down at his own killing blow... The expression he carried was burnt into Alicio's mind, and likely would be for a long time after.

Alicio took Seva Geroux Seva Geroux 's hand, to help seat her next to himself and Theo Vereen Theo Vereen , hard lines on his face revealing he was barely keeping himself composed. The nobleman wondered briefly how Theo managed to stay so calm in the face of danger. Of death.

"Wait here. Good idea," Alicio said to Theo, obviously strained. He mustered as much confidence as he could, casting his gaze to the new arrival. "We'll be fine. We'll be fine."

He was trying to convince himself, too. Now that the shock had begun to ebb away, he began to think about the implications of the attack. What it meant for the Free Alliance Coalition. What it could mean for Alderaan.

When Theo mentioned Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana , Alicio got up to a knee, casting his gaze around the room. He saw her... by Marovik's body, with Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra . He looked away quickly, unable to stand the sight. He started blinking hard.

"We... we should. Isla!" If she turned, she'd see Alicio beckoning her over, before hiding back behind the desk.

Alicio covered his eyes with his hand, stealing a deep, shuddering breath. The Force roiled within him, responding to his high emotions.

CC-Express-20220104-2313050-14736792215587435.png

Tags: Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana Valery Noble Valery Noble Dravien Deshra Dravien Deshra Alicio Organa Alicio Organa

Wearing: This dress

Isla stood, still gently sobbing and with her arms wrapped around herself for comfort as Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana was taken away by then paramedic team. She stood and turned to begin to walk away, she needed air, and she needed to be drunk. She grabbed two glasses of champagne that had been abandoned by fleeing guests, downed the first in a single go and the drank half of the second. Taken like that gave her a sting in her mouth. There was brandy in her room... a gift for Marovik, she needed it now.

"We... we should. Isla!"

Her focus returned from the dazed state to the pandemonium in the room as she heard her name. She looked over to see Alicio Organa Alicio Organa calling her over from his hiding spot next to Seva Geroux Seva Geroux and Theo Vereen Theo Vereen . She made her way over and kneeled down next to them.

"Hi," was all that she had the strength for right now as she waited with them, but the look from.her said it all. It was good to see a friendly face in all this, she needed it.

"what is the plan? Stay hear until security arrives?" she watched across the room, looking for anyone who might be hoping to score more kills today. She reached and held Alicios free hand and squeezed it lightly for comfort and smiled meekly at him.

5m5qOKV.png

"Admiral Draelix, I think security forces are already after someone. We should" He paused all of his training doesn't really prepare you for this but it gives you those tidbits you would look for to go forward.

"We should get everyone else out of the room check to make sure how they, I can do that, and we should take care of Marovik Kobitana Marovik Kobitana " yes medics had him but it wasn't the same thing having them cared for.. One thing he had learned you take care of your dead treat them with the dignity they deserved their spark may be gone but what was left was what everyone remembered, what they saw. If it was his father he would hope people would be considerate.

"If it's ok tell me who to summon and I'll get them here."

He could see it in her face Marovik's death had shocked her, drained life from her leaving her pale and maybe shaken. Theo did the only thing he could think of he reached for Isla's hand. "I'm sorry"

He looked over to Alicio Organa Alicio Organa and Seva Geroux Seva Geroux they were still a bit in shock but slowly coming out of it. maybe.

Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana

Last edited:

CORUSCANT

He considered himself rather fortunate to be fast and able to ascend into the air on a whim. He conceded that his armour was dense, so much so it was able to ward off the attacks of most beasts. but to find one's self inside their maw was a fate he believed was better off avoided all the same. Yuzzen was a new breed of beast to Fett, albeit not so dissimilar to others he faced before now.

His frame reared backwards as the Yuzzen launched himself towards the armoured man, and the sudden flash of flames shot him further from the creature before his sudden ascension into the air - more level with the Jedi now, even as his attention remained focused on Gorthalon for the moment. Yet then his armaments came to life, the blaster aimed itself towards the Yuzzen and fired as a concussion missile soared from one wrist as the other sent forwards a series of darts that carried toxins that intended to both sedate and paralyze - even if crafted with the intent to disable one mere man, the volume of darts sent towards him was no doubt able to suffice.

If the Jedi made a move, it was sure to be unseen until it was too late. In the air now with limited time for movement.

"Catch!"

After dropping Gorthalon off to pressure the Mandalorian, Valery had focused on setting down the debris she had caught telekinetically. But with stone and metal now carefully on the platform around them, she wanted to help the Yuzzen in his fight against the Bounty Hunter. So as quickly as she could, she had retrieved his axe from the backseat and tossed it over for him to snatch and use in the clash.

weu9krB.png
This left Valery with the opportunity to help engage as well, but seeing the sheer amount of weapons that were being turned against her ally, she decided to defend, rather than attack the Mandalorian. Anything she threw at Koda could possibly become dangerous for Gorthalon, so helping him directly was the better option.

The speeder rapidly came to a halt and with an extended arm, she projected a barrier around Gorthalon to stop at least the darts from hitting him. The missile would create quite an explosion on impact unless dodged, but she hoped this sudden move would catch the Mandalorian off-guard, and bring her friend within striking range, now armed with his axe.

<Telepathy> "I've got you covered," Valery told the Yuzzen telepathically, not wanting Koda to hear about what she planned. Of course, Gorthalon would not be able to respond but as long as he knew he was covered, he'd be able to fight much more ferociously.

Finally, Valery hopped out of the vehicle and reached for the blaster rifle Gorth had brought along as well. She wasn't the best shot but it was better than standing completely without weapons.

And perhaps she could land a shot or two as well, whenever an opening presented itself.

Seva gave Alicio Organa Alicio Organa a small nod. Yes, they would be fine, wouldn't they? She attempted a reassuring smile, but it faltered. But, she let his words echo in her mind. Maybe if she repeated it enough times, it'd be true.

She craned her neck slightly as her new companion called for a woman named Isla. Seva could scarcely see the woman move from her place near the podium, near the body, and approach. Goodness. This lady must have known their host in some capacity. As Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana came near enough to see, the woman's rather short greeting was telling enough. Seva couldn't quite muster the words to say 'I'm sorry for your loss.' And she hoped a solemn bow of her head would suffice.

"I-I could help," she said, glancing to Theo. "Make sure everyone is ushered somewhere... else." And she realized that she'd forgotten her manners in all of the chaos. "Seva Geroux." She indicated herself with a light touch of her hand to her chest. Her composure was returning, though she felt jittery on the inside.

She watched Theo Vereen Theo Vereen and Isla, waiting to see if they would need her assistance or not.

EVENT CENTER, CORUSCANT
TAGS: Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana - Theo Vereen Theo Vereen - Seva Geroux Seva Geroux
OUTFIT

Alicio accepted Isla Draellix-Kobitana Isla Draellix-Kobitana 's palm as she offered it, holding firmly onto the woman's hand for comfort. He couldn't smile back at her, but his eyes betrayed his gratitude.

Looking between Theo Vereen Theo Vereen and Seva Geroux Seva Geroux , Alicio nodded, determination burning away the fear. It was still there, lingering behind his eyes, but having a task in sight helped banish it to the background, bringing forth the nobleman's intense desire to help.

"I can assist with evacuation as well," he said, behind thin lips. He stood up, squeezing Isla's hand one last time before letting it go, and carefully scanned the room, senses on high alert.

As Seva introduced herself, the Alderaanian returned his attention to her, and responded in kind. "I'm Alicio," he offered, before dragging his eyes back to the scene, and noticing two partygoers hiding under the drink table.

"Let's get to work."

The Hunter blasted into the air, just barely dodging the large Yuzzem flying at him.

The beast impacted with the steel floor of the landing pad on all fours, slightly indenting a path into it as he slid to a halt amid screeching noises. Valery called out to him just as he came to a stop, tossing his storied axe at him with haste. Gorthalon quickly sprung upright and caught the weapon with both hands by its seamless wooden haft. But now he was out in the open, and this Hunter had rightly wasted no time in exploiting him being coverless; a hail of darts rained down on him from above, and before he could even duck or attempt any kind of evasive maneuver, the Jedi conjured an invisible, defensive barrier in front of him. The darts collided with the Force wall and fell on the ground. What just happened had immediately clicked with Gorthalon, and now it was his turn to dial up the momentum of the fight. He did not wait for the Hunter's missile to hit him square in the chest.

The beast quickly crouched down low, his chin almost grazing the metal floor, extending the axe sideways that he held now only in his right hand, and stabilizing his imminent takeoff with the other by digging into the floor with his claws. It all happened in a flash; the beast could literally feel the exhaust heat of the missile as it whizzed past above him, then jumped fearlessly again at the hunter in the air. Gorthalon knew he only stood a chance if he pressed on, pressuring the Hunter with constant gap-closing actions. Of course, he knew well the immense risk this approach entailed.
<Telepathy> "I've got you covered," Valery told the Yuzzen telepathically, not wanting Koda to hear about what she planned.

The soothing voice appeared in his mind, a sensation he'd never experienced before in his life. Under any other circumstances, he would daydream about this miracle, but right now he was in war mode. Decisions, moves and actions followed each other in fractions of seconds. He acknowledged it in his mind and refocused onto the here and now. Mid-flight, he performed a horizontal swing at the Hunter with the blunt side of his axe.

Should the beast miss his heavy swing, he'd simply try to tear into the armored legs of his opponent with his sharp claws, aiming to drag him down to the ground.

CORUSCANT
Gorthalon Gorthalon | Valery Noble Valery Noble

It seemed that no matter the amount of counters Fett had with the Jedi or Sith, the Force failed to be countered at each turn. His tools of the trade had been of some use, he found, those crafted in the factories dedicated to the demise of those aforementioned two had been of success whenever used tp their fullest extent; albeit most of those tools had been cumbersome, and needed time to see their use come to fruition. Time was not on his side, Fett mused as he continued to battle the two (or one, so far) with all the confidence the seasoned Hunter often carried. His list of slain Jedi added to his most fearsome status, the deadliest of them all in a career that revolved around all sorts of violent acts.

However, that failed to save him now.

It connected, the harsh sound echoed in their almost enclosed area as the man encased in Mandalorian armour was sent across their arena - the noise continued, less so than before, as he rolled across the duracrete with a series of laboured breaths. For a moment, it was difficult to rise to his feet, but not for one second had it seemed as if Fett was out for the count. He was relentless, but the brute force of a Yuzzen was sure to make most think twice. Either too bold or boastful, he refused to take that second to think on the matter.

His blaster was raised an aimed towards the massive form of Gorthalon, a hail of crimson bolts sent themselves out in fire faster than a non-custom sidearm was ever able to sustain. It resembled that of his infamous donor, but it was never as if either of these two were to remember him now, all this time later. From his extended wrist soared a wave of flames, the sort that drenched their foe and coated them in fire. If he struck Gorthalon or not, it mattered little, the blaster fire was a constant and the charric ammunition carried that needed bonus: kinetic rounds, to strike with considerable force and send a Gundark head over heels.

He maintained a cautious eye on the Jedi, constant attention afforded to his scanners.

The crushing strike landed and both the Yuzzem and his opponent flew their separate ways. Clutching his heavy weapon, Gorthalon followed the momentum of the swing with his body, spinning around once and landing on his feet in an acrobatic fashion, facing his opponent upon whom the signs of a painful struggle were manifesting. As the Hunter gathered himself, Gorthalon huffed sharply into the air, pointed at him, arm extended, and shouted. – You know we know too much about you now. I'd suggest –– Yet before he could finish his sentence, he was forced to flinch and backpedal… fast.

Flammable liquids cast a wide net of flame bearing down toward the Guard of the Senate, who immediately unclipped his last remaining energy shield generator and smashed it into the ground. The brilliant plasma arced out in every direction just in time, forming a bubble that accelerated the burning process upon contact, resulting in a blinding inferno wherever the liquid and the plasma met, swirling around him – ultimately protecting the Yuzzem from a fiery death. But the onslaught wasn't over; kinetic rounds discharged from the Hunter's sidearm kept punching holes into the smoke and flames without relenting. And they passed through the energy shield.

Baffled by the unexpected turn of events, the kneeling Yuzzem haphazardly attempted to do everything in his power to avoid the shots, but couldn't see because of the flames burning around him. Shots whizzed by his ears, so he ducked. Then they passed just barely by his ribs, so he fell onto his elbow. He knew how vulnerable he was in this position, so he sprang to his feet and began jogging backwards, zig-zagging haphazardly. The head of the axe he held in front of him caught two blaster bolts; each uncertain step brought the beast closer to the edge of the platform. One projectile glanced off of the cortosis plate on his right forearm. He was in great peril and he knew it. Then the first bolt connected, blasting off his left ear and temporarily deafening him.

No more sound. Only blurred blue flashes racing past him again and again as he keeps backpedaling. A hot sensation rippling through his leg. The second bolt hit him in his right thigh, carving deep into the tissue and burning off a large portion of muscle from the limb. He buckled to his knee, catching a glimpse of the bone inside, and then another bolt struck him – straight in his duraplast shoulderplate, sending him careening off the edge of the landing pad, after which the great Yuzzem succumbed to the pain and blacked out.

For a moment, Valery's lips curled up into a smirk as the sound of the giant axe colliding with the Mandalorian's armor echoed between the buildings surrounding the landing pad. It was without a doubt going to be a painful hit to take, but she knew how strong Mandalorian armor was, and so she wasn't exactly surprised to see Koda climbing back up to his feet. But as he did, a powerful tremor of danger echoed in the Force right as Gorthalon made his approach.

"Watch out!"

weu9krB.png
She tried to warn her friend but it was already too late — a sea of hot flames engulfed the Yuzzen, who shielded himself but was pinned down in the process. In response, Valery prepared her rifle but she quickly decided against shooting with how close the two were to each other. It wasn't long ago that her husband taught her how to shoot, so she was still very much a beginner, and the last thing she wanted was to hit an ally who was already in a difficult situation.

Hang in there...

Valery gritted her teeth, dropped the rifle, and began to make her way over. But as she did, several shots rang out and she no longer felt danger, but pain echoing from Gorthalon, who had been shot several times and was now sliding his way down the landing pad. The woman's fiery eyes widened and at that very moment, she made a decision she knew would have big consequences for the future.

All around her, the debris she set down earlier began to rise again while she sprinted after her friend, knowing it was bringing her out into the open. But if the Mandalorian believed he'd get an easy shot, he'd be terribly wrong — because as she moved for Gorthalon, she began to send all that debris flying towards him at high velocities, hoping it would deter him from sitting still and opening fire.

It likely meant that she was pressuring him to disengage and depart, meaning the attacker would get away with his assassination for now, but she wasn't going to let someone else die today.

Dropping down low and transitioning into a slide she wished she wouldn't have to make in her dress, Valery reached the edge of the platform on her stomach and instantly extended her arm down, the Force reaching out as an extension of her grip. Luckily, they were high up so the Yuzzen hadn't hit the ground yet and gradually was stopped in mid-air.

"I got you..." she said with a sigh of relief as she lifted him back up towards the platform, her orange eyes and Force enhanced senses still keeping track of the Mandalorian if he decided to stick around.

CORUSCANT

It was a series of one foot in front of the other, the most basic of move sets had seen an arm raised and outstretched as the other one clutched his side; it thrummed with a dull ache, encased in armour and shielded from the worst of it, a blow from a Yuzzen was no small feat to survive. Let alone continue on, whether a testament to his armour or himself, the chance for both circulated in there somewhere. He doubted the absence of a bruise in several shades of a few foul colours. Still, Fett fired one blue beam after another with each fast footfall, clearer vision of Gorthalon came once the arch of flames fell to the side - even if some had licked at his fur coat. Littered now with various bolts that struck and seared at the Yuzzen, not even Fett had accounted for the true effectiveness of the Pale Horse the Mereel had crafted for him. The Yuzzen had stumbled backwards a touch too much, stolen from his own form amidst all the shock to his system, and fell over the side for the bowels of Coruscant far beneath them.

His bid to draw the Jedi into the conflict had been unsuccessful. She entered not on the offensive, but rather in an effort to save her fallen friend. If he wished to see her abilities and moves for some other time, the chance for that was not now. The Mandalorian often served more than one at a time, the interests of most men in that moral corner seemed to often be so similar. To some extent. He had time for another shot, and his third client in all of this mess could wait.

Fett shifted his aim across to the Jedi Master to then bear witness to the wave of debris she sent for him, the same debris that had been of his own creation. It soared towards him, several fast and accurate shots had seen entire blocks detonate and crumble on their route towards the Mandalorian. It was far too much, he realised, able to avoid the boulder able to smear him, to then find several smaller rocks strike him. He, too, stumbled backwards until he was thrown from his feet with the need to reach out and lift the debris off of him. He was afforded little time to continue an assault, Fett noted as he saw the Jedi reach out into the Force for the Yuzzen. It was a clear shot, even if he was unaware her senses had been attuned to whatever move he made for next.

The Yuzzen hovered in the air, had been raised in it, and in time settled onto the duracrete. He was not to die now, that much was clear. The Mandalorian had witnessed it himself as the last of the debris had been torn off of himself, his arm outstretched and another hail of fire from the Pale Horse was sent towards Jedi Master Noble as he clambered back onto his feet.

Last edited:

With the large Yuzzem safely on the platform, Valery was quickly catching her breath and pushing herself back up to her feet. Just in time to feel a warning through the Force — the Bounty Hunter had decided to stick around a little longer despite the debris storm she had sent his way and looked to continue the fight. So without any hesitation, she placed herself between Koda and the unconscious Yuzzem, ready to take the first wave of his fire head-on.

weu9krB.png
Using her left hand, she projected another Force Barrier, this time large enough to shield not only herself but Gorthalon as well. With her right hand, she called his large axe into her hand, readying it for a proper fight. Right now, he had too big of a distance advantage on her, and the barrier could not last forever.

So Valery swung her right arm back, channeled the Force, and tossed the axe into a wide arc, aimed to hit the Mandalorian from the side or force him to move. She hoped that it would interrupt his firing sequence long enough for her to close the distance or direct another attack towards him.

One way or another, she had to get closer.

"The longer you fight, the more difficult it will be to get out of here!" she called out to him as the spinning axe came flying towards him. Part of it was meant as a distraction, but she actually did prefer for him to leave. To fight and try and capture him would take time, and her priority was to get Gorthalon out of here for medical aid.

She really hoped he'd be able to hang in there long enough.

CORUSCANT
Valery Noble Valery Noble

The Mandalorian made a move in an effort to avoid the axe, albeit not one that had seen him shift to either side nor in retreat. Fett rushed forwards instead, the sudden dash had also seen the continued hail of blue beams that left his blaster at a rate faster than most could ever afford to. Even if her words had meant little to Fett, the choice of them had been an effective distraction to some smaller extent. It sounded as if the Jedi wished for him to leave, to be free, but that was never to be the case. His mind combatted a thousand intrusive ideas as to the cause for it, for herself or the Yuzzan, or an unseen circumstance.

It mattered not, he considered within the same second.

"I still have a job to do."

In a flash, his twin-rockets let out a small burst that had seen him launched into the air. It was clear that's what what it is, the unmistable sound. He descended soon after with an aimed fist, his formiddable strength bolstered as a result of the crushgaunt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom