Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

From the Midnight Sun Where the Hot Springs Flow (open to SSC, others PM for invite)

It had been some time since Syala had been among the full might of the Sanctum gathered in one locale, and just as those that had taken place previously, she was entirely at home. Her time previously had been spent either with [member="Lerinku Matni"], her Padawan, or simply about within the Temple, completing what tasks were requested or simply existing. It was a peaceful and altogether serene way of life, one that suited who she was. But lately she had been wanting for an excuse to stretch her legs, and this offered her just that, if not a wealth of familiar faces as well. Already she sensed the presences of individuals she recognized and others she didn't. This would be quite the night indeed.

Among those she knew as friend there was one who had transcended that title to become very, very special and dear to her heart, a man she hadn't had the opportunity to so much as speak with in a long while. Immediately she set out to find him, still finding it strange how different it felt to walk in the ensemble chosen for the occasion rather than the robes she nearly always donned. Quietly she stepped up behind him on that balcony, doing nothing more than standing next to him and taking in the natural tranquility of their surroundings, drumming her fingers lightly on the railing. For all the calm her exterior radiated, she would be lying if she said she wasn't absolutely thrilled to find him safe and well.

"Connor Harrison. It's been too long." Turning her head slightly she looked to him, even if her sightless eyes would suggest otherwise. "I had the chance to meet your new apprentice. Krux is a very good man, and I have no doubt he learned all the best from you." It was a compliment meant in earnest, one intended to dissuade any apologies or self-deprecation he may have had before they even began. "If I requested that you stayed for the rest of the gathering so we might catch up, would you? I may be young, but I've been feeling an awful lot like an old soul lately, and I think it's overdue for the both of us to mingle with the others. I think we both need to remember what it is to be human."

[member="Connor Harrison"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
So many people were here now nd Matsu smiled seeing some familiar faces appearing. She kept her parasol opened while she walked through closing it when she went inside and was looking for [member="Zak Dymo"] if only to make sure he wasn't busy. Her niece [member="Sia Ike"] had expressed a crush in the young padawan and while he was a reported terror she had never seen it while her hands tapped on the force empowered wood feeling the effects of it loosen her up but she wasn't going to partake of party favors like the offered flavored meads they had been making for people to have.

[member="Krux Mullarus"]@Dune Rhur[member="Setzi Lunelle"]

"Yes, I am Bith," he replied deadpan as if he were being asked his species. "We're one of the galaxy's oldest and widely travelled species. I'm surprised you haven't met one of us yet. Our home is traditionally Clak'dor VII, comprised mainly of domed cities. We're known as musicians but also engineers, ship designers and mathematicians." He nodded and looked at Mullarus with an almost imperceptible smile.

"If you ever have occasion to visit my homeworld, I think you'd enjoy it."

As Sia walked in beside her aunt she had high hopes for the day. These hopes included dancing and hopefully kissing the handsome boy [member="Zak Dymo"]. She had wanted to kiss him for so bad she didn't know how she would hold herself together if she didn't at least get to dance with her crush. She then looked up at her aunt and said "Do you see him?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Setzi Lunelle

Searching for Eleos's Altar
Setzi was pleased that Krux appeared highly intrigued about the surprise. She had rented a room in the Lumimous Gardens for the two of them, mostly so they could enjoy more spacious quarters that were not the dormitory and The Pirate’s Foe, neither of each space designed for two people to cohabit quite comfortably, and now she felt like taking him right up the stairs and to the room, so he could find out what it was. The brunette padawan was having trouble suppressing her own wide grin just thinking about his reaction.

But there would be time for that later. Right now they were meeting some of the most esteemed members of the Silver Sanctum. The champagne made her sure nerves were at bay, but she was still slightly wary that the Force users she was going to meet had either known she was a Darksider once or could sense it still in her aura.

“Hello Knight Ryn’dhal and Knight Rhur, is it? I’m pleased to make your acquaintance. I’m Padawan Lunelle.”

Her sister Chastity probably used the same name prior to her disappearance from the cell in Voss, but it was unlikely that either Jedi knew her younger sibling. Still, she awaited the question if she was related to another padawan on Voss just the same.

“I have not been to Clak'dor VII, have you Knight Mullarus or Ryn’Dhal?”

[member="Krux Mullarus"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"] [member="Dune Rhur"]

Signature he recongised, signatures he didn't. He wasn't surprised anymore how old he felt; not in age, but in the establishment. He rested his hand on the rail with his drink in the other and looked at the people below, and it struck him how many people he didn't know, fresh faced Paddys mostly. Still, the evening was young, but it didn't mean he'd be here long. There was no need. Show his face, and leave.

However, a presence he hadn't felt in a good few months blatantly let herself be known beside. He took a drink again, and didn't look at her or turn to her or acknowledge her as one may. He didn't need to. They were always...as is.

"I'll stay as long as I can, no more. I don't need to mingle. There's no need." He looked to the horizon on the planet he didn't really know. It may have come across rude, but she would know he was simply answering the question. "And Krux is a good one. A bit of a rogue, a little reckless with his heart and his head and a stubborn, mouthy swine. But his intentions are true, and that's all I need to know he's in the right place."

He half-smiled for the first time and looked at [member="Syala Daivik"] finally, his first real Padawan.

"Sounds familiar, doesn't it? Except he's not as handsome as I, not by a long shot." Connor knew she would see the smile, see the body attitude, and the way he looked at her with a glint in his eye even though the Sith had robbed her of physical sight.

"You look very well Sy. It's nice to see you after all this time."

Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom the Jedi Academy on Voss...

The small Nautolan gave a sigh.

Taking a step back from the static display at the front of the classroom, the youngling had been invited to some party on Vaynai. But, instead, he was stuck in detention.

Yes, again.

Rotating his wrist, the boy was starting to become sore with all of this writing. Clearly, this was YET ANOTHER example of the blatant child abuse, neglect, and suppression of civil liberties that he had come to associate with the Silver Sancitum Correlation! The Man just had to keep the brah down. Because the brah spokes truth, and a prophet was never welcome in his own home planet.

Or something.

With another sigh, the boy set his stylus against the display board and continued writing out the statement that the teacher was making him repeat a hundred times across the display.

SPITWADS ARE NOT FREE SPEECH.
SPITWADS ARE NOT FREE SPEECH.
SPITWADS ARE...

[member="Sia Ike"] | [member="Matsu Ike"]​

Stampeding rancors had come to Vaynai.

...no, wait, that was just younglings. Who managed to sound like a rancor in a china shop regardless of the fact that neither weighed more than thirty-five kilos. Barreling through interior of the resort, the Mandalorian clone nearly collided with the girl who was about his same age. And the small Anzat very nearly tackled the Jedi Generalist. The two were dressed in just their swim suits, their bodies still damp and wild hair plastered against their scalps. "Oh... hi, Master," the boy offered the taller woman. He was obviously out of breath, and with no wonder as to why.

Looking over at the young girl, the boy and his clone playmate each offered a second hello as well. "I'm SJ. This is Three," the youngling knight explained, introducing himself and the clone in turn to the child. "Did you bring a swim suit? We have more water blasters an' stuff if you want to join us," the boy offered.

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Sia Ike"]​

"Can I auntie?" Sia asked after picking herself up off the floor from where she collided with SJ "I'm Sia it's nice to meet you. " She says sticking out her hand to Shake SJ's

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]
[member="Matsu Ike"]
[member="Zak Dymo"]

There was a definite nod, and a cheerful glint in those golden eyes, visible through those thin slits of his helmets face-plate. "Tea.... Yes, I am definitely a fan of tea...." He stated, thoughts drifting momentarily towards his friend, the former Senator Kay. "Though, I had no idea the padawans were so keen upon my saberplay. Perhaps I shall offer training when we return to Voss." In was not long before his (formerly) fellow masked padawan-turned-Knight. "Greetings Krux, I had heard of your accomplishment as well, so congratulations to us both, my friend." His melodic voice still held an obvious smile in it's musical-tones. Then the padawan greeted them as well. "And to you as well Padawan Lunelle." His Perception in the Force was keen, much like his natural senses, often keener than most. Thin 'threads' seemed to tie between the two, as his warm smile shifted oh so faintly into a smirk, piecing puzzle pieces together. He'd seen similar threads before, though stronger, more pronounced, and significantly more obvious, upon the Masters Heavenshield to one another.

"I shall hazard to guess, you are Knight Mullarus' Padawan?" He inquired, masked face angling slightly, as his head cocked ever so slightly towards one shoulder. Then her query about the Bith homeworld. "I've visited many worlds, several of which I could not name, and likely not mark on a star-chart, but I am almost certain I've not yet tread upon the Bith homeworld. Yet." He'd say, a musical laugh flitting forth. He'd shift his gaze back towards the Bith, Knight Rhur. "Any particular locations one should keep in mind, when visiting Clak'dor VII?"

Finally, after a brief moment of contemplation, a soft shake of his head would be given, before shifting his gaze between all of them, another of his trademark musical laughs dancing across their ears. "As for honorifics, we are here for a social gathering. You may call me 'Ryn', for we are all friends in this place."

[member="Setzi Lunelle"] | [member="Dune Rhur"] | [member="Krux Mullarus"]​

[member="Setzi Lunelle"] [member="Ryn'Dhal"] [member="Krux Mullarus"]

The Bith shrugged.

"It's been awhile but the Capital looks nice."

Dune looked at Setzi and smiled.

"I'm not especially in favour of formality outside those recognised situations. I'm Dune Rhur, a Bith in the larger galaxy. I like reading but then so does the janitor who helps clean our training yards. We also breathe the same atmosphere and yet some Jedi behave in a superior manner. Imagine!"

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Sia Ike"] [member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Matsu looked at the young ones coming while she was moving to defend herself with a dodge as she looked at Sia. Offering a smile to the jedi knight who looked like a youngling and his friends before he invited her niece to go and play. "Yes you can, though don't get hurt... Your mother would be very cross if that happened." She bowed her head while motioning for Sia to go off and play. She could find something to distract herself like challenging [member="Connor Harrison"] to a dance contest or something... or better yet something cool.

Shaking the girl's hand, the young Anzat looked up at Matsu as he waited for her to rule on the question of whether Sia could come play or not.

For the record, it was nice to not have some world ending disaster or fascist Empire to fight, and to just be a youngling. He had thousands of years worth of adult drama ahead of him. And only a single century in which to be young.

Flashing a smile at the woman as she gave a nod of her head, the young Anzat motioned for Sia to come with them as the pair of boys ran out the backside of the resort. Jumping from the edge of the pool, the Mandalorian clone belly-flopped down into the hot spring. For his part, Sor-Jan tucked his legs into a cannonball as he sailed out over the water, sending a splashing cascade of water out in all directions.

[member="Matsu Ike"] | [member="Sia Ike"]​

Instantly they clicked into place, two puzzle pieces finally locating each other after all this time. It may have been a month but it felt like ages more, and Syala was able to breathe easier in his presence, all tension bleeding from her once his greeting was spoken. Stepping up next to him she gently traced over the contours of his face with her hands, every gesture feather-light and purely exploratory. Without physical sight this was her method of seeing another when the ethereal didn't suffice. When her fingertips brushed against his beard she raised an eyebrow but didn't immediately comment, hands falling to her sides. No words could express how truly happy being around him made her, the easy smile on her face not even half of it.

Without a word she pulled him into a gentle hug, holding him tight for a few moments and simply breathing in all he was. Her smile didn't falter, and she looked up at him. "I missed you. No more disappearing like that without a trace. You know I get worried." As was common between the two that play on roles was back, it difficult to tell momentarily just who the elder was between them. A laugh trickled out of her, and she shook her head. "I'm certain he's not as handsome as you. The beard must really pull it all together, hm? You must be the heartbreaker of the Sanctum." Just like that she was your average teenager once more, having shed the role of Jedi Knight for the time being. Right now she was just a very good friend of a certain rogue.

"I've been considering something rather important for the past few weeks. I think, should I obtain the rank of Master, I'll perhaps look into cybernetic eyes. This is all a sort of test for myself, so I can prove that I won't be brought low because of what happened, and to see just where my limits lay. I've not made the decision yet, and I'm not sure whether I'll follow through with it, but it is there." For a few long moments she let the ambient noise of the gathering fill the comfortable quiet that bridged between them, the Force speaking for them when nothing else seemed to suffice. "I would also likely travel to Ilum again, that I might forge a new saber as commemoration, should such an honor be bestowed upon me."

Sia quickly got changed into her swimsuit and then very quickly ran out to the backside of the resort and as she watched SJ jump into the water she then thought very quickly of what she could do for her part. She took off in a dead sprint and then she jumped throwing herself into a triple corkscrew before landing with a huge splash

f786829d65bf4defc79e916b6c9462bc.jpg

[member="Sor-Jan Xantha"]

Connor tilted his head a little to let Sy hug him. It was most welcome, and he was happy that he could still offer stability and comfor to others. He rubbed her back gently with his free and and patted gently.

"If I even had hearts to break, then that would be true. As it stands, no. Not quite. And what do you mean if you make Master? You WILL make Master. I promise you. I always said you are wiser and knowleagble about the Force and it’s bond over other Masters here. I will review your progress and help you. It’s the least I can do. I owe you that much."

He turned at the sound of squels and splashing down below, noting the Younglings being just that…young. Carefree. Naïve. He watched them for a while, and felt the responsibility of not just himself, but the Order as a whole.

"Funny. You see so many new faces when at one point you felt you knew everybody. So much has changed. All these young ones carrying the future on their shoulders and they don’t even know it. Their destiny will be Light or Dark. That’s it. One single choice they may not even know they’ve made will dictate everything, and look – they don’t even know how much they mean to the future of the galaxy."

Connor watched and drowned his drink, eyes fixed on nothing but his tone serious. "You wouldn’t believe the number of former Sith are in our ranks now. Defecting from the Dark Side and pledging to be reformed. It troubles me slightly. It’s like they see us as the one place anyone and everyone can come and be accepted. Are we too welcoming? Too forgiving? Are the Heavenshield’s even aware? I’ve had Sith, Templars, Dark Jedi…you name it, all come to me wanting help."

He looked up and caught the eye of a protocol droid and asked for two of the same – blue milk. Wiping his beard softly, he turned onto the rail and sighed, shaking off his external monologue.

"Cybernetic eyes sounds a good idea. I know you don’t really NEED them, but I know you want them. You can see then how old I look since last time," he smiled again.

[member="Syala Daivik"]

"You know better than most that their choice is far from limited to simply the Light or the Dark. There are vast oceans in between, such as the one you find yourself within. No, they aren't between merely two halves. They have a spectrum to choose from, and far be it our place to limit their ability." Most would have thought her a child herself, but she seemed to have shrugged away the bonds of adolescence long ago. Rarely was she granted the opportunity to simply exist alongside another, but this was one of those. "Better that they aren't quite aware of just how much they mean yet. Let them have their childhood for just awhile longer before their training begins in earnest. It's only what's fair."

Gently Syala reached up to touch on his arm, a gesture meant to diffuse the tension she could sense rising within him as it always seemed to whenever he spoke of the Dark Side. "I'm sure the Masters Heavenshield know full well all that has been transpiring. But don't be so quick to condemn. If they choose to sever the fetters of the Dark that they might have another chance at life, then allow them. it's what is right, no matter what personal instinct might suggest otherwise. Everyone deserves a chance, and it's what they do with that single opportunity that makes all the difference. Remember that you've obtained what standing you hold through much of the same good graces. Allow them to flourish just as you have."

A quiet sigh passed her lips, but still her smile kept on, and she shook her head. "You don't owe me anything. I'm the one that owes you, for guiding me down this path in the first place and building me up countless times. Without you I wouldn't be here right now. You're the reason I ever made it to Knight, and you're the reason that new apprentice of yours has obtained the same standing so readily. Without your guidance, a number of great things would have never come to pass." Her smile grew, and she cast a sideways look towards him. "If you don't stop with the negativity I'm afraid this really will turn into a lecture. I may talk too much, but it's you that influences that, Connor."

“Ohh!” Valae chuckled slightly when Xander commented on her shoes. She flushed slightly, knowing that she must be very obvious. “Well, they are a bit uncomfortable.” She said, it would be silly to try and deny it now. “But I’ll take it as a test of my endurance!” Valae nodded eagerly; tonight she would make every attempt to be feminine. After all, she could always soak her feet in the warmth of the hot springs after the party.

Her eyes shifted towards the refreshment table, and she could see that there were several different types of mixed drinks set out for them. Valae squinted a bit and she thought she could also see a plate of lovely tropical fruit as well, or perhaps she was simply being hopeful, as she was starting to get a bit hungry. There was only one way to find out, and she motioned in the direction of the table.

“I’m going to get something to drink, do you want anything?”

[member="Xander Stanforth"]

Xander smiled to [member="Valae Kitra"] with a chuckle.

"Anything in the name of fashion is it?" "You will have blisters by the time the sun sets."

When she mentioned refreshments Xander looked over his shoulder with a smile. It would be nice to eat and drink real food for a chance. He turned towards the table extending an elbow out for her giving her a mock look of offense.

"Me refuse an offer from such a lovely woman...............I would have to be mad."

Just as he started step forward he heard a familiar voice from inside the crowd say give her hell Commander. Xander chuckled not looking at the obvious source but still responding.

"That's Latrine duty for a month Johnson."

Xander smirked as Johnson could be heard letting out a groan as another voice burst into laughter from the same direction. He smiled softly to Valae.

"Please forgive my Troopers." "They are good lads but the can be a hand full."

[member="Siobhan Kerrigan"]

As a Jedi Master, Phylis could appreciate a natural setting and a good waterfall. When she meditated it always brought her peace to be near a waterfall with the flowing water soothing away her stress. It also made a nice change from her ship’s sterile metal.

And so in she walked in her traditional brown robes. The oddest addition to it was that she had a small green lizard on her shoulder. She felt Greenie, the originally named, could do with some natural environments occasionally.

As she stepped through the arch she saw many people already here. Many of them she knew, some she didn’t. At least it was good to see Jedi…even if some of them were a bit more radical than she was used to!

Finding herself near [member="Connor Harrison"] and [member="Syala Daivik"] she nodded politely.
“Master Harrison. You are well, I trust, hmm?” she asked.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom