Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends Long Dead (Ven/Antares Windu)

Ven whistled as she walked out of her ship, patting her ship gently as she walked around it, “It’s big here.. Beautiful too..” she looked out past the landing platform down at the jungles around the city of Bimmisaari, “Real nice here..” she repeats, sort of, as she glanced out and walked towards the city itself, just to make sure it would be fine if she left her ship there. She made her way back and wrote up a list of things she needed; mechanical parts to fix up her ship. Ven stretched and took her time walking out of the hangar and through the city to try to find the ones she needed. “Mmnmmmm…” going to the market district of the city, glancing through the stock that some of the venders had.

She was outfitted in the usual attire; brown leather jacket with the collar up, one half sleeve and the other long sleeved. A white t-shirt peeks out from underneath it, and underneath that, deep gray leggings with two blaster holsters, one on each him. She has under-the-knee-high brown boots on as well, which let off a soft tapping sound when she walks.

Venra brushes a lock of deep brown/black hair out of her light green face as she stops at a few vendors here and there, purchasing items and circuits she needs for her ship, spending just the bare minimum for what she needs.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

He walked through the starport on the planet of Bimmisaari. It was quite the planet in his opinion, but he was there for other things. He wanted to construct a shield for combat. And so he decided to search through as much planets as he had to find the planet that could deliver what he needed. So far he hadn't found it, and just as he was turning around, his eyes caught glance of a green figure.

A confused look and frown came over his face. And then it occurred to him that he had known that person. He turned around to watch as she walked away. He definitely knew her figure as well. There was a time when he would just stare at it, but that had all stopped when he had thought her dead. But that was impossible.

How could she possibly be alive if she was on Bimmisaari?

And so he followed her, his long strides carried him through the crowd, though he had to gently nudge people out of his way until he lifted his arm and grabbed her arm. He didn't know if it was truly her, he hadn't seen her face, but if it wasn't her...Well, he would have to move fast.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven froze and stopped where she stood, hesitating for a moment at the grip of her arm. She narrowed her eyes as her other hand moved to land on her blaster that sat on her right hip, elbow poised to jab backward. She stood as tall as she could, eyes defiant as she turned her head, though only a sliver of her green face showed, "Can I help you?" Ven asked testily, her voice filled with challenge, tensed up. She was eager to purchase her items and get on back to her ship. It may be two years after she'd basically turned herself into a fugitive, but she didn't take anymore risks. "I have somewhere to be."

She wouldn't even look at him. He continued to hold onto her arm for a few more moments before he let her go. It was her voice alright. It had to be Venra. "I would have thought you would have recognized me." He said, white teeth shining from underneath his black hood and he threw it back revealing his face to her. "You're meant to be dead, Venra." He whispered.

He may have been asking questions quite calmly, but he couldn't let his sadness show and be so excited to see her...In a place as public as the one they were in now.

@[member="Ven"]

She tensed up even more, her eyes flaring wide as her head whipped and took one look at him. She seemed to bristle, despite the fact that she was more reptilian than mamal. Ven moved backwards, shaking her head, "No. No. No. No. It's too soon." she broadened her shoulders, glaring at him, shaking her head before grabbing his hand and dragging him after her through the crowd, her grip tight. She glared ahead of her, only looking up around to make sure none were watching. She pulled him after her until they reached a corridor and pulled him off into a corner of it, "What do you think you're doing?!" She hissed, tense, glancing about, feeling exposed.

He pulled her further down the alleyway quickly. "I am investigating the death of a Princess." He said matter of factly. She didn't want to be friendly about it. So he wouldn't be so warm either. "And my best friend." He said. The last statement was meant to hurt, and he clasped his hands behind him while he was garbed in his Jedi robes.

He almost raised his hand to hold her face, and then he realized she had a tight grip. And slowly but surely he peeled her fingers off of his wrist.

@[member="Ven"]

She followed him, annoyed, clearly, given her jaw was set, and she growled faintly past her teeth, "That's all fine and dandy, but you bring attention to me and others might see me. I don't want to be noticed. I want to escape all of that." When he removed her hand from his wrist she wrapped them around herself, wanting to be anywhere but there at that moment. "I don't want anyone to know I'm alive." she glances off, her face solemn, almost emotionless, like a Falleen's should be. She was still so tensed up, and was trying to move more into the shadows, to cover herself from any prying eyes. "Like you said. I'm supposed to be dead. No one should be looking for me.."

He looked at her with a sad look in his eyes. "Not even glad to see me." He said underneath his breath before looking back up to her and tilting his head to the side. "If you didn't want to be found I suggest you change what you look like completely. Rather than walking around with your beauti- with your noble self." He stopped before he continued. That life was a long time ago. "You could have at least dyed your hair." He said with a grunt.

@[member="Ven"]

She glanced at him, her shoulders drooping, "I tried. And that was two years ago that I dyed it. After that, it should have been obvious I was long gone, no one should be looking for me." She leaned against the wall, sighing, covering her face with her hands, "It's not that I'm not glad, Antares.. I'm scared. It means that others out there could be looking for me, let alone recognize me... Tell me there's not anyone else here with you... Please..?!" She peeked out past her hands, a desperate look on her face as she begged quietly. She was always not the best at hiding her emotions, which was frowned upon in Falleen culture.

He shook his head. He raised his hands up and pulled her hands away from her face. "I wasn't truly looking for you." He said softly. "I had truly thought you dead. It was just happen stance that we were both here." He said with a sad smile. His hand brushed across her face before he removed it quickly. "What are you doing now then?"

@[member="Ven"]

She blinked at him, sighing, shrugging, crossing her arms over her chest, her shoulders drooped, and she shook her head, standing up a bit more, "Well. I'm doing odd jobs now and then. I smuggle goods. Do jobs for the best money the clients can offer. Getting around in the ship I bought back when I escaped." Ven glanced off, "What else can I do? Being dead and a fugitive and all." She pursed her lips, gesturing at the blasters at her hips. She sighed once more before canting her teal green eyes at him, "And what about you. You look like you've.. what.. become a jedi apprentice?" she looks him up and down, at him in all of his robes.

He listened intently to the words of his old friend. "A Jedi Padawan." He corrected lightly. "Why did you leave?" He blurted out. He seemed to have lost all sort of his previous composure when he had asked that question. It was quite a disturbing thought. He had questioned it day and night once he had found out. How could she have died? Who killed her? Why did they kill her? But it seemed she wanted to get away. But get away from what?

@[member="Ven"]

She semed to quiet down, glancing away, shrugging, "Queen. My parents wanted me to be queen.." she stated, in a mumble, her body slumped against the wall. Ven tilted her head back, looking up at the high ceilings within the area they hid, "They wanted me to be queen and they wanted me to get married. I didn't belong there to begin with. All of my emotions. The way I acted. To be tied down by a strict Falleen husband as queen of all of Falleen. I wouldn't last very long, you know that. I disliked it there greatly anyway. I had to get away. From everything." She trailed off quietly, silent then, not sure how to continue.

He said nothing and only listened to her words. He put his hand out for her to take so that she may stand up again. "That is it?" He said with a question in his voice. "What can I do to make you happy again Venra?" He had to do everything in his power to help out his bestfriend after all. "What can I do for you...As a Padawan of the Jedi Order?" He grinned when he said that. He was clearly proud of it.

@[member="Ven"]

She shook her head, smiling faintly, "You were always willing to try to please.." sighing, "I dont think there's much you can do, Antares. I'm happier out here on my ship, doing jobs and living a life of adventure where I don't have an annoying father and mother breathing down my neck ever second, expecting me to become a queen and marry a stiffling boring suitor who won't probably evershow real emotion." Ven crosses her arms, "The only thing that would make me happy at this moment is that you don't say a word." She crossed her arms, "You have to promise you wont tell anyone that I'm still alive. No one. Absolutely. Got it?" She looked at him, her teal and green eyes begging him silently. "And.. You have to start calling me Ven. I don't go by Vendra anymore. It's too recognizable."

He was quiet for a few moments while he took matters into his own hands and picked her up from her slumped position. "Of course, Ven." He said after he brushed what dirtiness had found it's way onto her clothes.

"Tell me though" He started out slowly. "Would you have accepted if I were a suitor?" He waited a moment before adding in, "if it were up to you completely."

@[member="Ven"]

She sighed and shook her head, not really caring about the dirtiness of her clothes, and crossed her arms over her chest. Ven gave him a very perplexed look as he began speaking before pursing her lips when he finally gave a straight question. "You? As a suitor?" She contemplated it for a moment, "It depends. I mean." She didn't know how to talk to him about this, arms crossed, "You're my friend, Antares. I'llbeit.. I might have looked at you like that at one point, but when I think about it... I might have. It would have changed you though. I still would have ended up queen of Falleen, whether I wanted to or not, and honestly, I'm not entirely sure my parents would have accepted it.. I know, I know you said if it were up to me completely, but my parents would still have been in charge before any sort of courtship even began. They wouldn't have approved, unfortunately, simply because you're human. Thats how my parents work. That's how all of Falleen works. Other races are fine, anyone out of nobility can do as they please with other races, but for the nobility from my section it just wasn't proper. Being friends; that's fine, but just like my show of emotions, a relationship past friends with you would be frowned upon, ten fold." Ven shifted from one foot to the other, uncomfortable, "Asides. If anything of the sort had happened, you wouldn't have been able to become a Jedi Padawan, would you?" She was unsure; she didn't quite know the code of laws that the Jedi lived by. "Why do you ask, Antares..?" She canted her head to the side, looking at him in earnest, curious.

He nodded his head when she answered his question. It sounded like a reasonable answer. "There was a time when I would have asked." He said. He shrugged his shoulders.

"I would have been capable of becoming a Jedi Padawan." He said softly. He knew she barely knew nothing about Jedi. Besides they waved around lightsabers. Most likely weapons that have existed the longest out of any.

"Is there somewhere I can take you? Back to your ship?"

@[member="Ven"]

She purses her lips and reaches for her datapad. Ven glanced down the list on the pad and wiggled the end of her nose, "I.. I still have a few more items I need to purchase before I get back to my ship because I have some repairs in the mechanics to make.." she tilts her head to the right, brushing hair from her face, thinking out loud, "I could use some help getting the rest of it, but otherwise I don't think I have any other business.." she glanced off to the right, keeping quiet then, given that wasn't exactly the truth; she had a job she had to finish too, that's what had brought her here.

He lifted up his hand to indicate that she should continue walking. "Where to then?" He questioned, placing his hands upon his hips. He was prepared to help her in anyway that he could, and he would protect her too.

@[member="Ven"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom