Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends Long Dead (Ven/Antares Windu)

She nods, "I have a bunch of mechanics parts that I still need in the collect. Here." She moves to hand him her datapad, "And I have some credits.." she pulls out a small pouch and fills it with enough, "Pay the barest minimum you can. Alright? Theres a few pieces I need to grab that are outside the marketplace, so if you can get at least a few of them and I can grab the rest afterward?" She asked, standing up straight, pointing out a few of the pieces on the datapads list, "Would that be alright? You don't mind?" she inquired. Her mind was not only on getting the parts for her ship but for the job she had to finish.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

He was quiet for a few moments thinking it over. "And where will I wait? It'd be best if I came with you." He flashed his charming smile. He couldn't let her get hurt. After all, she was still a princess whether she thought so or not.

@[member="Ven"]

She blinks, "You have a holocomm yes?" canting her head to the left, "I can holo you when I'm done and we can meet back here or at my ship, whichever is closer." She wiggles her nose, "And it'd be faster if I do this on my own. I'll be quick, I promise." she smiled reassuringly at him.

He simply nodded his head. "If you need help...Just...Call." He said and he inclined his head to her, before departing to fetch the things she needed. He didn't plan on truly doing so, he didn't want her to get hurt, and whatever business it was...He had to find out. She could have been in danger.

@[member="Ven"]

She nodded, "Alright. Thank you, Antares." She clapsed him on the shoulder gently, not wanting to make it awkward in any way, smiling wide, before turning on her heel and quickly dashing off back down the alleyway. She doesn't even actually wait for him, let alone look back to see if he was following. Ven made her way back into the crowded market, hoping to get lost amung them. She took a deep breath as she ducked through and around people, taking a sparratic path so that hopefully no one would be able to follow. When she thought she was safe she ducked down a passage. She kept her pace fast as she ducked around corner after corner of buildings within the city. She finally came to stop at another port within the city. This one was less populated than any of the others, and in the far corner of the platform she could see what she was looking for; the drop she was supposed to finish.

He had gathered everything that she had wanted him to. Or at least most of it. Nothing else on the list that she had given him looked especially important but he would still have to get them for her. And so he would. Every few minutes he would check his holocomm to make sure he hadn't missed a message from her. It would be safe to say he was worried for his old friend.

But at one point he stopped in the crowds and tried to expand his presence through the Force, grasping at as much people's minds as he could to search for Venra. He thought he felt a familiar presence for a moment and the he lost it. In response, he decided he might as well go in that direction.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven came to stop near the small ship, setting her hands on her hips. Her contact was leaning against some boxes with a hat covering his eyes and his chest heaving up and down lightly. The Falleen female tapped her toe and cleared her throat. The man jumped slightly before readjusting himself, setting the hat up fully on his head and looking up ahead of him, noticing her there. "You must be running on no sleep if you're conked out on the job." She leaned against one of the silver crates, grinning faintly.
The man huffed, "And you must be out of your mind if you think that you're on time. I'm not getting paid by the hour, sweetheart." He narrowed his eyes at her, his thoughts flashing behind the shine of his deep blue eyes.
The smuggler snorted, smiling faintly, "Well I'm not either, darlin." She looks him up and down, her jaw set, "What are you.. Here visiting your mother or her Manka Cat?" She inquired, hands still set on her hips.
"Her sister if the weather permits it." He responded. It was almost like a code. The man immediately got to work, moving up and past her. Ven glanced over her shoulder, watching him as he moved to grabbed onto a specific crate. "This is what you came for yeah?"
She made her way over and glanced into it, tilting her head to the side, "hmm.." peering into the crates contents.

He eventually walked through a building and when he emerged there were a significantly smaller amount of people in the area. When he looked around the area, he was actually capable of studying the person before they disappeared around a corner or hidden by a group of people.

But the familiar presence he had discovered was Venra. And her presence was a lot of closer at the moment. He walked through the starport until he had made it as close as he dared, and he found an alleyway to place the equipment Ven had wanted and he pushed garbage disposal in front of it to hide it from view. It wouldn't do for it to get stolen after all.

He walked out of the alleyway, and after turning a few corners saw a green figure up ahead and he stopped peeking his head. He had found her.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven leaned back on her heels, "That's it alright." She nods, "You have a transport for it so it can get to my ship? The client wants this as soon as possible." She never asked why the clients wanted it unless she was truly curious, and she wasn't at this point. "I wanna get this back to my ship and outta here as fast as possible." She covered the cargo back up, and the man locks it. "Told me to tell you that your part of the pay will be in your account." She patted the top of the silver crate.
The man perks a brow, nodding, "Good. Get this done quick then, I'm eager to have a decent meal."
Ven dusted her hands off, "Good. Well. Have this one sent to the space dock at the far north end." She points in that general direction, "And we'll be done."
He tilted his head to the left and crossed his arms, "You're sure that's all I can do for ya sweetheart?" He grinned a little, finally deciding to look her up and down. "I mean. You could stay a bit longer, eh? I might just let you have a few of my other good pieces for a small fee, such as that lovely little round hind of y--" He cut off as Ven suddenly seemed to have one of her blasters pointed at him. His eyes flew wide a little and he frowned, "Fiesty.. I like it." She growled faintly under her breath and narrowed her eyes, readying her blaster. The man raised his hands in surrender, "Alright alright. I'd like to get paid just as much as you so, drop the blaster, will ya? I'll stop."
Ven thought for a moment before holstering her blaster, setting her hands back on her hips, "See that that crate gets to my ship double time, got it?" He nodded quickly and gestured for a nearby droid transport carrier to come over as he set up the cargo carry. The smuggler sighed and ran a hand through her hair as she began to walk off from the drop, eyes narrowed, "Disgusting space slime.. I'm not an entertainer.." she huffs, walking to get off the platform and back towards the city. She reaches in her jacket pocket for her holo and tries to call Antares.

Once he saw her walking away, he started to jog away to fetch the equipment that he had bought for her. It was a good thing he had left them close by.

Once he picked them up, he made his way back to the starport that they had met for the first time, and he answered her after a few minutes. "Ven? I've only got a few things to get." He said with absolutely no feeling in his voice. "Is everything alright?"

@[member="Ven"]

Ven blinked in surprise, smiling faintly over the holo, "What took ya so long there Antares?" She walked through the city, winding her way back through the crowds of the market sector, "And don't worry about the items, I can get the ones that are left." She was silent for a moment as she walked, "I'm fine, yeah. Just peachy. Just wanna get back to my ship so I can fix my baby up. She's been in major pain for a few days. Hey, if you want, just tell me the items that you have left, I'll go get them and maybe you can meet me at my ship and we can converse there? I don't wanna do it all out in the middle of a public area." She was just barely getting into the heart of the market sector, and was having just a little difficulty getting past people because of the crowding.

He nodded his head to the holocomm. "Just tell me where your ship is and I will be there." He said with a quick incline of his head. Once she had answered he pocketed the holocomm and went to where she directed. He doubted it would take long for her to get to her ship, he would need to find his way around the starport.

@[member="Ven"]

"It's in the northern most starport." She stated, "It's a brown and read HWK-290 freighter. I'll meet you there!" She shut off the holo com and attempted to get through the crowd, moving quickly through the crowd, not just to get back to her ship, but to get the few items that were left on her datapad list. She made her purchases in a little under twenty minutes before making it towards her ship, holding her bag close to her as she passed over the threshold onto the platform of the spacedock, smiling at her ship, "Ah.. here she is.." striding towards it.

He entered her ship's hold a few moments after Ven. It had taken him some time to find it, forgetting the fact that he had had to convince the security that he was meant to be at this ship. "Ven." He said, with the things she wanted in hand. "Shall we board, her?" He asked, once he stopped beside her.

His brown gaze fell upon her when he asked his question. He also opened up his arms to receive the other tools and equipment that she wanted. He may as well help her, some of the things definitely had to be small enough for him to levitate with the Force.

@[member="Ven"]

Ven glances at him, "Well. Yeah alright. But you can throw all of that, gently though, into a bag. Its necessary but you need not carry all of that in your arms." She smiled faintly, "Alright. Fine. Up inside. Can I have my datapad too?" She gestures with her chin at the ship, smiling, before finally noticing the transport carrier droid arriving. She grew serious then nodded to him, "I'll see you inside." Ven recovered her datapad from him and then made her way over to the droid.

He didn't move at all when he heard the transport carrier droid arriving. That was probably the droid the man had gone to bring the...stuff. He could only hope it wasn't spice. She better have not been smuggling or actually using the spice for herself. If she was...No. She wouldn't.

Instead he waited until she was done with the droid and he watched as she started to go to her ship before he said, "Is that the job?" He asked, quietly. Though loud enough for the sound of his voice to travel to her ears.

@[member="Ven"]

She nodded to the droid and told it to load the cargo onto the ship. She turned and moved towards it, glancing at him, "Job..? What job..?" she tried not to betray her emotions, that she was tensed up when he inquired her about it, "I dont know what you're talking about. That's the extra items I needed." she glanced at it, "For later if something does happen to my ship, but it all depends on if something bad happens." She climbs up the ramp into the ship while the droid carrier moves to load it into the cargo loading bay at the back of her ship.

He walked onto her ship after her, his eyes were all on her. His eyes bore into the back of her head. "I'm not an idiot, Ven." The words were bit out of his mouth. Obviously annoyed. "What is the cargo?" He asked, staring at her, whether she turned to look at him or not. "I'll know if you're lying." He said quite convincingly. He wasn't completely lying. He would have been capable of getting an..almost sense. It wouldn't yell at him that he was being yelled at her. At least...Not yet.

@[member="Ven"]

She turned and glared at him lightly, crossing her arms over her chest, pursing her teal lips, "I told you. Its the extra parts that I needed. They're really really big. That's why it's such a big crate. That's it, Antares." She didn't want him to get tied up in this; this was her job not his and she didn't want to bother him with it. She narrowed her teal and green eyes at him, her body all tense as she looked at himfor a minute or so more before turning away to grab her bag, so as to start up on the repairs on her ship.

He placed the equipment that he had on the floor and followed her until he grabbed harm and spun her around to look at him. "Tell. Me." He said, he was using the force to persuade her to speak, to urge her to utter the words he didn't want to hear. And then he raised up that same hand to cup her face in his hand. "Please."

@[member="Ven"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom