Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Friends Long Dead (Ven/Antares Windu)

She yelped in surprise, "Antares..!" frowning, frozen for a moment before struggling to pull herself free. When his hand moved to her cheek she stopped struggling and looked at him solemly. She shook her head, pushing his hand away gently, "I can't. I can't tell you, Antares. Even if I wanted to, alright? Now please.. stop asking me about it." She tensed up, her lips formed in a thin line, standing there for a moment, quiet, waiting for his reaction.

@[member="Antares Windu"]

He was aware of her reactions and what she was feeling but he couldn't let her get away that easily. "Is it illegal? Will people kill you? I will protect you when they come." He said matter of factly. He reached for her arm again to prevent her from fleeing. "Let me help you." He spoke almost as if he were pleading.

@[member="Ven"]

She shook her head, "I'm not in any more trouble than I was when I left Falleen, Antares. You wanna know? Go ahead. Go look at it. But I'm delivering that cargo and making my pay off. And I can protect myself." For emphasis she set her hands on her blasters, trying to make a point of them being there. "Help me if you want but I'm not in trouble, and you have to believe that and let me take care of it, alright?" she crosses her arms over her chest, pursing her lips still.

He continued to hold her arm, he wasn't planning on letting go any time soon. "Come with me." He said and he started to pull her along with him. His fingers were like a vice around her arm, he even used the Force to hold onto her, she wasn't going to be getting out of his grip any time soon.

@[member="Ven"]

She frowns, glaring at his hand as she's dragged after him, "You're cheating, Antares.. You could just ask me to follow you..." She didn't like being forced around in any way, it made her feel uncomfortable. She really really didn't want him looking into the crate, she wanted to leave it alone for when she had to turn it in and hand it over to the client and just be done with it all.

He finally got to the crate. It seemed the droid was gone and the ramp was up. Good. "Open it up, now." He said to her once he let go of her arm. He doubted she would have followed him if he had asked, but that didn't matter now. They were at the crate, and she would have to open it up for him.

"You won't have anything to fear if, there is nothing wrong with it." He said. His face was a straight line. He didn't expect anything good to be inside of that crate. Though he expanded his presence in the Force to try and get a sense of what was inside, to see if there was a sentient being in it at the least. Or to get a sense of any danger.

@[member="Ven"]

She frowns, glaring at him briefly, "You're threatening me, Antares?" she doesn't open it yet, her expression hurt. She crossed her arms over her chest once more, shifting from one foot to the other, glancing off, annoyed, quiet otherwise. She didn't want to have to show him; it would just get him in trouble and she didn't want him getting twisted into this. She wrung her hands, staring down at the crate and not looking at him.

"I'm not threatening you." He said and he stopped himself from holding her to try and console her. "Just open the crate." He said, forcing an exasperated sigh from his mouth. She wasn't going to make it any easier for him now was she? Ugh, always trying to make things hard for people.

@[member="Ven"]

She looks at him unhappily, "If I show you... you have to immediately get off my ship." she stated, unhappily, her hands gripping her arms, actually staring at him this time, watching him instead of looking away. "Got it? There's no talking your way out of it, mister and theres no way you can mind trick me." she states, "It doesn't work." She looks at him, very serious.

He looked at her with a sad look in his eyes. "And if I get off your ship...When will be the next time I will see you again?" He said with a sad tinge to his voice. He shook his head, and that sad look in his eyes hardened and he looked at Ven again. "Is it a bad thing...or a good thing?" He asked and he came up beside her to make sure she didn't open it up yet.

@[member="Ven"]

She tenses up, "You're making this worse, Antares. Why can't you just let it be?" She takes a deep breath, sighing, shaking her head, sinking down to a sitting position beside the crate, eyes wide up at him.

He dropped down to a knee to look her in the eyes so that they were on the same level. "Then don't tell me what's inside." He spoke softly, and laid his hand on her shoulder. "I'll help you deliver it." He said, plastering another grin to his face. He would have to lie to her, to at least not see her sad anymore. It truly pained him seeing her like that and so he placed his trademarked grin on his face and waited for her response.

"What do we fix first?" He said, and he pulled her up straight as if he had forgotten what had occurred only moments ago. Though it had, it still lingered at the edge of his mind, and he continued to push it farther away from the forefront of his mind.

@[member="Ven"]

She took a deep breath, not exactly believing him but decided to go along with it all the same, sighing, "Theres a few circuits that need to be reset, panels that need rewiring and recalibrating. They're all over the ship..." she trailed off, staring at the floor, "You don't have to help, Antares.." She was being completely serious.

He placed his hand underneath her jawline and lifted it up. His thumb brushed lightly over her chin and her lower lip. "But I do have to help." His grin still on his face. He moved his head until they were looking at each other in the eyes. And then he lifted up his arm down the way they had come previously. "Lead the way." He said with a smile.

@[member="Ven"]

She squirmed, awkwardly and stood up, rubbing her arm before walking away from the crate and down the hall of the ship, "Panels here near the beginning of the ship, and at the entrance. They need to be recalibrated." She sighs, and explains a few other places that need to be fixed, making her way to the cockpit in the end, sighing, "Do you konw how to fix any of this?" She was curious, turning towards him, tilting her head to the side.

He opened his mouth and said nothing. That happened a few more times before he frowned and said. "No." It looked good to help, but now...It seemed that he should never have offered his aide. For now he looked the fool! And looking the fool was never good!

"I'll just wait somewhere." He said and he walked by her, patting her shoulders and eventually found the cockpit to her ship. It was an impressive ship this. Though he preferred his own...And he walked around the cockpit before sitting in the pilot's chair. It would most definitely take a while for her to finish fixing her ship.

@[member="Ven"]

She blinked and nodded a little "Alright. I'll take care of it." She nodded gently and moved about her ship, beginning to do adjustments to the mechanical parts of her ship. It took her a total of an hour to an hour and a half. When she was finished she came back to the cockpit. She had grease stains here and there over her and she looked tired, "All done." smiling, wiping sweat from her brow.

Antares Windu, always the one to take opportunity to fall asleep at the best of times, he had no doubt fallen asleep within twenty minutes of her working at her ship. He didn't care though, and he had propped himself up on another chair, and had fallen asleep with his outer robes seemingly acting as a blanket.

In response to her arriving, he simply murmured in his sleep and said nothing more. It wasn't as if he said something understandable anyway. At most times, he would have been capable of waking up whenever he wanted, but he thought himself in a safe place, and it wasn't necessary, so he remained asleep in the chairs.

@[member="Ven"]

She pursed her lips and moved closer, snaping her fingers loudly in his ear, "Hey. Wake up. Lazy." crossing her arms, tapping her toe on the floor, "Falling asleep in my pilot chair. Really Antares?" She set her jaw, before shaking her head, moving out of the cock pit and back down towards the cargo bay where she took a tarp and wrapped it around the crate, putting the crate in the corner so it blended in better. She dusted her hands off and sighed, "Well then. This day's been very long.."

His eyes snapped open when she snapped her fingers. He was refreshed and he got up out of the chair and with a grin he said. "Yes really." And then she was good. It seemed she didn't want to have a fun time. Or at least..a humourous time. And so he, the Jedi Padawan picked up his black robes, shrugging them back on, and wiped off whatever would have been remaining from him sitting in the chair and he walked down the hallway barefoot.

At least he didn't have a bad smell from his feet. It was good he never smelled bad. He made sure of that every single day. And night.

And so he walked into the cargo bay once she was dusting her hands off. "Yes, it has been long day. After I've done so much work." He flashed a grin and walked over to her, his feet barely, making any sound at all, if any, as he crossed the distance to her.

@[member="Ven"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom