Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Freedom of Expression

2oBcVl1.png

Objective: Help a friend to open up
Tags: Elias Edo Elias Edo

Untitled614_20230302093042.png

The Gala had been beautiful, but now it was time for Rhiza to do something much more important, the old saying went, "A friend in need is a friend indeed, but a Jedi in need is a liability." Could Elias Edo Elias Edo be both? Something troubled him, and it came to him in the heat of battle, so from both a personal, and a professional level, Rhiza desired to discuss it.

She led the Genetian man by the arm out onto a balcony that overlooked river. It was chilly out here in the late nightnair and Rhiza's dress provided little warmth, but that was of little consequence and she found a small part of the balcony and they stood, arm in arm looking out at the water. It was quite a romantic setting, and whilst that was not the reason they had come out here, it would make it much less likely that someone would interrupt the private conversation for fear of ruining a moment.

"I am glad I came to the Rim, you know, my life to this point has been turbulent, and whilst I have weathered it and come out stronger, it is pleasant that my force has balanced here more than anywhere else." she smiled and closed her eyes to feel the force flowing around them.

Master Edo, "You know I was sith once, and that I have endured things that many would consider unbalancing, so I will never judge another for the experiences they have gone through, you are who you are, not who you were." she wanted to make it clear that this was an open and non-judgemental shoulder for him to cry on if he needed it. But she would say no more on the matter and allow him to speak. If there was tension in the man she would likely feel it, but she was good at making people feel on ease when maybe they should have their guard up. She hoped Master Edo did not count himself amongst those that would gurd themselves from her.

She relaxed her grip on the man's arm so he would feel as relaxed as possible and turned slightly towards him to rest herself against the stone wall of the balcony and let him make the next move.

Tides of Change

uof85IV.png

Tags: Rhiza Dural Rhiza Dural
At the Crown Star Hotel on SESWENNA...
DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
Elias watching the gentle ripples on the water's surface as the evening breeze blew past. It was cool on his sun kissed skin, reminding him fondly of Genetia. It seemed everywhere he went these days had a way of resembling his homeworld. He'd nestled into Rhiza's warmth, quietly relishing the feeling of being held. Her absence was felt instantly when she slipped away, leaving him with one hand gripping the rail and the other longing for her embrace.

His eyes remained fixed on the water, though. He loved the way it ebbed and flowed, wrapping itself around any obstacle that might try to disrupt it. Whether it was a tiny pebble or an entire mountain, the water always flows. Adapts. He wished it were that way for him.

"You know I was Sith once, and that I have endured things that many would consider unbalancing, so I will never judge another for the experiences they have gone through, you are who you are, not who you were."

"You make it sound so simple," he said, a noticeable shift in his presence. It felt heavy, weighed down by something. Elias looked sideways to her, a curious expression on his face.

"How did you do it?" he asked. "How did you get away from the past, be who you are?"

Last edited:

2oBcVl1.png

“How did you do it?” he asked. “How did you get away from the past, be who you are?”

She let out a slightly uncomfortable laugh. "Now that is a question.... OK" she looked thoughtful, she expected the man to open himself up, so she would be honest. "I have a son, or had a son, he was hidden from me when he was very young by my ex-husband as part of his games. Well, about five years after that happened, I happened to run into him, a happy little boy with another couple he knew to be his parents. I had a chance to reenter his life, and for a Brie second I considered snatching him up and taking him home.

But you know what, it dawned on me, the worst thing I could possibly for that poor child was re-enter his life. I cant describe how that feels, but knowing, with out any doubt or irony that you are so broken that even your own son is better off elsewhere.... I broke down, I sold everything, I left my life behind. And I joined the Ashlans to try and make ammends for the hurt I have caused so many people."
she sighed and looked out across the water, she had come to terms with her life, and had made the decision to leave that connection in her past but talking about it still brought up emotions she struggled with. Many Jedi chose to leave families behind, she wasnt wasn't first, and she wouldn't be the large. Her hand instinctively reached across and put itself onto the are Elias Edo Elias Edo as a reminder to her to stay within the present and not dwell on the past, and as she did, as smile returned to her face.

"So I have answered you, and you were direct enough to ask, so I will reciprocate... what was it that I felt trouble you on Kazarak?"

Tides of Change

uof85IV.png

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
"Oh, I-"

A thousand lies crossed his mind, but the Spymaster deserved better than deception. He doubted he could even pull it off, even if he wanted to. Deep down, Elias knew a day would come when he must face the chagrin of his hubris. What a better place than here, on Motti City, with a strong woman he had deep respect for. He sighed as he searched for the painful words.

"Good men died because of me. Phoenix Squadron, one of the best teams in the Rebellion. My pride and 'honor' cost them their lives, which they willingly laid down for me without question. Even when the orders were in vain, even when it became clear that the best move was to retreat... they stood their ground, and they died for it." His inner ocean was roaring as the turbulent emotions crashed inside. The irony was almost unbearable, his eyes fixed from the calm waters below them.

"It broke me. I left the Order shortly after, abandoned my duties to the Rebellion, and ran away like a coward. I found solace, for a time, in my conscientious objection to the Alliance's war. But even with vows of pacifism and distance from conflict, I still felt unbreakable guilt. Nothing absolved me of what I'd done." After a long pause, he turned to lean against the railing with his back to the water. Another shift took place in his aura, this time fading from penitent shame to frustration.

"I came to the Outer Rim to start something new. An Order where Jedi can come together for something - anything - but war. I thought I'd escaped my demons, left them behind when I arrived on Dagobah. A new beginning." Elias sighed, his shoulders sinking. Kazarak was the very thing he wanted to avoid, yet it somehow became the Coalition's first major contribution to the League. Jedi warriors on the battlefield. No matter how far he ran, the battlefield was always there, waiting for him to step onto it once more.

Last edited:

2oBcVl1.png

Rhiza listened attentively to Elias Edo Elias Edo as he opened up to her, casting no judgment, but feeling the eb and flow of his force presence as his emotions changed. "I understand this sense, the Ashlans had a similar approach to battle, erring on the side of self belief that bordered hubris, its a pity, but sometimes i feel Jedi teaching push people that way." she thought about the way the jedi approached death, trusting in the will of the force but accepting the inevitability that one day the force would take them. It meant they did not fear death, or loss.

"Is absolution what you want?" she asked honestly "I do not seek to absolve myself from my sins of the past, I know what I did and I accept the choices I made. I will always have to know what I did, but accepting it has allowed me to learn, allowed me to grow." she struggled to find the words. And leaned forwards over the railing slightly.

"I have shown myself the worst person I can be and I know how I got there, understanding that helps me prevent it happening again." she sighed and returned to her standing position and just gently touched his hand with hers, gently running her nails on the back of his hand to relax him. "Our skills and the way we are hardwired makes it hard for use to avoid conflict, we can hope to avoid it, and work to make it as painless as possible, but it will always be there." she watched closely as the nails played with the hairs on the back of his hand. She hoped she was helping. In truth, she actually loved conflict and the swirl of battle, it made her feel alive, but she was not the same as all Jedi.

Tides of Change

uof85IV.png

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
"Absolution..." Elias repeated softly. Is that what he wanted? To be pardoned for selfish orders? Vindicated from the guilt? He'd spent so long trying to find peace, but maybe it was forgiveness he was after all this time. It seemed so obvious, now.

"No one blames me for the lives I lost in that ambush. I wish they would." He looked to Rhiza, a somber smile on his lips as he watched her stroke his hand. It made his skin tingle.

"Then they could forgive me." He placed his free hand over Rhiza's, squeezing it gently. Talking with her about his past was one of the hardest things he'd ever done. Elias spent these last four years trying to find penance, but he'd somehow failed to share the fight with someone else.

Just telling her aloud was healing.

Last edited:

2oBcVl1.png

Rhiza listened closely again, wanting to ensure her collegue was heard. "The only person who can forgive you is yourself Elias, to wish negative feelings about yourself on others, even if it is so they can forgive you, changes nothing." she let out a small ironic laughs as Elias Edo Elias Edo squeezed her hand more tightly. Then it turned into nearly a giggle that she had to demurely suppress.

"I'm really sorry, I'm not laughing at your situation, it's just the irony. Here I am, a woman who has chased inner peace and self atonement across the whole galaxy, telling you to just forgive yourself." she sighed and smiled at him with affection. "If only it were so easy I guess. Thank you for sharing this with me, it will go no further. I suppose we will have to find peace and forgiveness together, you and I?" from the look in her eyes and the inflection in her voice, it would not be difficult for Elias to suppose that Rhiza has more than just a professional interest in the handsome Genetian, but she treaded the water carefully, giving just enough to signal he interest, but little enough that she could withdraw without losing face or making either of them uncomfortable.

The beautiful blue dress of the Zygerrian Jedi master blew gently in the breeze as she left a moment's silence to see how her friend would respond.

Tides of Change

uof85IV.png

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
If Elias looked offended, it was only for a moment. He actually chuckled along softly himself.

If only it were that easy...” He gave himself a mental shrug. Maybe it was that easy. Or, maybe it would be, in time. It would be easier not to face his inner demons alone anymore, at least. That much was true.

Thank you, Rhiza,” he said, dropping the edge of formality he’d danced around all evening. She was a friend. More than that, even. She was someone he felt he can trust.

Last edited:

2oBcVl1.png

Rhiza was pleased, and nodded politely at his thanks, she was grateful herself for his trust to share this, it made things easier. Part of her wanted to trust him with the other part of her past, should she? She paused, she respected this man, and she liked him, could she keep it locked up only for it to come out in the future when he already needed her to be someone else. When he could turn back around at the moment he bared his heart to her and found only deception.

"Fuuuck" she said in a low sigh while looking out across the river. She had paused enough time for it to be obvious she was thinking about something important.

"You've trusted me with something significant, I need to return the favour." she gave a slightly ironic smile, was it a favour? "I want to tell you something I havent told anyone, not even the Ashlans... maybe its why they never felt they could fully trust me? And I dont want the other council members to know, not yet anyway." she paused and thought for a moment. "That being said, once I tell you, it is your information to do with as you see fit, if you believe the council needs to know, I will not hold it against you in any way, but I would prefer the oppurtunity to tell them on my own terms."

She withdrew her touch from him again and looked him in the eyes, it was too late for her to ask him permission to share him, if she held it now, he would forever doubt her truth.

"You are aware I was Sith, that is something I have shared openly, but my deeper shame, one I have had to come to terms with myself, is that I was also a slave lord. After the death of my husband I took over his business and yeah, I was pretty good at it." she blew into the middle distance as if blowing off pressure shr looked at Elias, hoping he would give her something. "I don't want you to tell me you forgive me or make excuses for me. I just want you to accept who I was, and understand that I am not that person any more. Is that OK?"

Now it was his turn, she would have to accept whatever answer he gave her, and she would gracefully, but exposing herself like this to him just reinforced to her why he needed to know.

Tides of Change

uof85IV.png

DPFKiwm.png

o3FRLhU.png
Elias listened with a neutral demeanor, watching her closely as she spoke, but when she revealed her secret, his gaze returned again to the water.

A slaver… it was unexpected, but not something that ruined his opinions of her. Strangely enough, his first thought was of his late friend, Tarus Undara Tarus Undara , with whom he’d spoken many times at length about the cultural abolitionism of the Lorrdians. Elias was lucky to have never found himself under the bondage of chains, but freeing those who did had become a pretty common occurrence during his time with the NJO. He sighed, trying his best to find the proper words to say. The moonlight scattered across the water, reflecting brilliantly in his golden irises. The depth of his thoughts could be seen in them with clarity.

Twice now, you’ve risked your life to help the Coalition and the League defend those who were oppressed by the Eclipse. I read the reports,” he said with a smile, adding, “you were brilliant on Andelm. And I watched you firsthand on Kazarak.

Elias turned to face her again, looking into her eyes with a certain softness that was rarely seen in the stoic Genetian Jedi.

While some may only see your capacity for evil, I cannot deny the infinite depth of your ability to do good. I will not share this with the Council, but they do deserve to know the truth… on your terms, when you are ready, I’ll stand by your side.

Last edited:

2oBcVl1.png

She let out a long sigh of relief as Elias Edo Elias Edo gave the answer she needed to here, he was right, the council needed to know, but he would allow her to do it on her terms. "Thank you Elias, I genuinely appreciate that" she looked thoughtful when he mentioned helping the coalition.

"I helped the Sith, I aided the Ashlans, I allied with the Jedi Order of Coruscant, but I don't want to just help the coalition, I want to feel I am the coalition.... does that make sense? I guess thats why I wished to be a member of the council, I have a lot to give and want to be part of something, rather than just being a help that could be forgotten tomorrow." she reminisced about her life and did feel she was ready to lay down some actual connections with people finally. At least, connections with people who won't exploit and abuse her, corrupting her and twisting her power. "Not going to lie though, and it's probably not the most Jedi of sentiments, but the thrill of battle beside your.... our.... people has made me feel so alive."

His last comment was a little cheesey and she smirked, an infinite depth to do good was such a Jedi thing to say, but she loved to hear someone have faith in her after she had confessed such a thing. As he looked at her softly she placed her hands on his chest and leaned in to rest her head on his shoulder with her face close to his neck so he could feel her breath. She was grateful for this friendship and spent a minute or two just feeling his heartbeat under her hands before naturally finding her right hand snaking up under his dreadlocks and behind his neck in a more affectionate embrace. Her claws played with the back on his neck under his thick hair.

Rhiza had never been a woman to be shy, nor had she ever not just taken something that she wanted, but her mixed urges inside her told her to be careful and not read his friendship wrongly. She had mistaken abusive manipulation for love during her eleven years of marriage, so she knew people could easily show affection but have zero actual interest. Her skin prickled with nerves and a vulnerability she was unaccustomed to. She would enjoy this embrace for as long as he allowed her and then they could part simply as friends that had comforted each other, but... Ashla... she wanted so much more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom