Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fortune and Immortality

Mic Gallagher

M

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM
TAGGE FAMILY MUSEUM | TEPASI
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble
GEAR: In bio

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Heh.

Triumph. Get back at her a bit for those insults she had given him. But he shut up while she sent away the guards, though he didn't miss the seemingly sheepish smile.

Wait for it...

"You're a little red there, Peaches." he grinned at her, motioning at his face while still sitting on the floor. Then he cleared his throat. "You shouldn't worry what oaks think if they stumble onto whatever situation. They always think South anyway. Just roll with it. Valery." Much more sincere. He wasn't as unobservant as she might think.

But then she had to go and shatter the moment by refusing his payment.

"This is why I don't like you joojoo people. You always ruin a vaab." he scowled, finally getting to his feet.
"You said you collect artifacts through expeditions, right?"
"Yeah." he sighed, knowing she was going to ruin his vibe further.

And that she did.

Like he had a choice but to accept.
"I like working alone. So we do the expedition my way. If it's a tomb or some such, then that's where I'm good at. And you meet my private employers' pay rate." he told her. And he'd stick to it, if she liked it or not.

He'd have the deal swing his way somehow.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Mic Gallagher

"You're a little red there, Peaches."

"Shut up," Valery grumbled initially, but when he continued more genuinely, she visibly relaxed and even offered a faint smile. What people thought of her never really mattered much, and the only reason she felt awkward because she was caught off-guard. But now that the guards left and they were alone once more, she quickly got her composure back and turned to him with her usual confidence and strength of character.

"What even is a Vaab?" Valery asked before immediately raising a finger, "Actually, don't answer that." She didn't trust the weirdness that could come from questions like that.

Valery then made the offer, and while she hoped for a more positive response, she instead got something that visibly annoyed her a little bit. "We're doing it whatever way makes most sense," Valery stubbornly argued, "But the payment won't be an issue, and you'll get what you've been earning."

She then paused for a moment, "If the expedition with me goes well, you'll be able to handle other contracts on your own if you so prefer that. I just want to make sure you have it what it takes." Was she taking a jab at his pride to challenge him into accepting all of this? Maybe, but she hoped it'd work.

"We got a deal?" She offered a hand to shake and grinned a little.

Mic Gallagher

M

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Mic shrugged at her confusion of his words.

He wasn't gonna win with her, so he just let it go. It was her confusion, not his. And of course she had to argue his point for the expedition. She wouldn't be a woman if she didn't. Jeez. Now he had her and Olly to deal with on a trip. Nightmare.

He was going to invest in earplugs.

But at least he'll get good creds out of it. Suits usually paid more for tomb expeditions than they did for museum raids. So that was one bonus. But then she just had to take another jab at his capabilities. The gall to do it when he was the one looking down on her. But he just gave her a very guy-like grunt of acquiescence. There Are Two Theories When Arguing With Women. And Neither One Works.

"We got a deal?"
She held out a hand in question.

Mic watched her a moment, wheels turning as he weighed everything. He was going to give him himself much more headache if he accepted. But he figured if she at least saw him in his element, she'd leave him to his own devices again. So he shook her hand.

"I'm gonna invest in a hold full of brooms."

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

The grunt and lack of fighting back said it all — she got him.

A handshake followed, and while she looked him in the eyes, Valery began to grin a little. She got what she wanted in the end. The rings were safe, he had given her a new argument for relocating them, and he was going to use his skills for something a bit less... illegal. So she wanted him to see that little grin of victory.

Purely because she knew it'd be a bit annoying.

"Well, you better start practicing with them, then. Your broom skills were lacking earlier." Valery snickered and flicked some of her long hair over her shoulder before turning to look over her shoulder. "I can bring you to the nearest exit and contact you about the expedition, or we can grab something to eat and discuss details already."

"The sooner we get to work on it, the better."

Mic Gallagher

M

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Mic raised an eyebrow at her.

Her grin said one thing, but Mic knew another. He wasn't planning to play it by her book. He wouldn't go into a tomb without some joojoo gear. He'd be stupid if he did.

But when she took that jab at the broom incident, he grinned back.
"Whatever makes you sleep at night, Princess." he said. Again - women. She just reminded him why he never married and why he didn't plan to. If he did, he'd never be able to chill on the beach or catch a wave. Or run away from snot monsters. No thank you, he liked his freedom.

"I can bring you to the nearest exit and contact you about the expedition, or we can grab something to eat and discuss details already."
"You just want to take a man to dinner." The triumphant but goofy smile was back. "Very well, Peaches, but you're paying." She did take away his meal ticket, after all.

He wasn't above sponging.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I always sleep great, thank you," She smiled innocently, knowing she was probably just a bit annoying to him. But if that's what it took to get him out of this illegal business, it was well worth it to her. The war with the Maw was over, and the Alliance needed people with skill sets like his to find and collect important artifacts. He'd do it for the credits, she was sure, but she also wanted to know how he worked, and make sure the Alliance wasn't paying someone who they should really lock up.

So, for now, he was stuck with her.

On the topic of discussing it more over some food though...

"You just want to take a man to dinner."

Valery rolled her eyes, "I'm married, so I'm good," she said with a bit of a huff but she tried not to show too much emotion here, for fear of him poking fun at her for it. "I was thinking something simple locally - nothing fancy and I don't mind paying." The credits for food and water she needed on missions was covered by the Alliance as well, and this was technically still a business meeting.

"Right this way," Valery then said before she began to head out of the Museum, and to a local place where they could order a variety of meat on sticks and other simple meals.

"So for this mission, we're going to need a ship. I don't mind using mine for it and bringing you along, but you wanted to do it your way, right? If you have a ship, I can travel with you as well."

Mic Gallagher

M

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

He snorted at her.

"Good for you. I'm not married and I'd like to keep that way." he deadpanned without missing a beat. The bum that married this woman had a screw loose. But when she mentioned local food, he perked up. "The more local the food, the better. Hope you have a big budget." he grinned. As long as she and her buddies paid for everything, he wouldn't complain. Means he could save his creds for long vacations.

So he followed her, hands in his pockets as he whistled all the way. Now that he didn't have to worry about getting caught anymore, he could relax. Dragging his feet on purpose, he looked at the sights around them, hopefully annoying her and her huffy way of walking just a bit. As it is, he wasn't an oak that rushed anywhere when he didn't have to.

He got himself a nice, loaded plate of Tepasi kebabs, some wraps with pulled and dunked meats and some potatoes and some local brew of beer. Local food. Couldn't beat it. He grinned like a kid in a candy store as he tucked into a kebab.
"So for this mission, we're going to need a ship. I don't mind using mine for it and bringing you along, but you wanted to do it your way, right? If you have a ship, I can travel with you as well."
She stopped talking as if waiting for an answer, so he stopped chewing, swallowed and chased the meat down with beer.
"Course we're using my ship, are you daft? I don't trust other people flying." he said. He wanted to dig back into his kebab, but looked at her and sighed. "When and what time are we leaving and where are we going? What am I fetching?" he asked her, indulging in the "discuss details" bit.

This was turning into a pain in his bum.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"A big budget?" Valery sighed and wished she hadn't made the offer at all. If he was going to eat like a swine, she'd have to explain what happened when her mission spending suddenly skyrocketed. Either that, or she'd have to pay from her own pocket and tell her husband all about this. Not that it bothered her too much — he knew everything she felt or thought even across the stars. She just preferred to use their money for the kids or other fun things.

"Fine, let's go and-" she stopped and looked over her shoulder, "You walk like you're 65 years old and worked a 12 hour shift. Come on, I don't have all day," Valery grumbled and finally, they reached the food stand. He ordered some kebabs and Valery got something similar, just of a different type of meat.

Of course, she did skip out on the alcohol in favor of fruit juice. She was already expecting the jokes there.

"Daft? I bet I'm a far better pilot than you are, thank you very much." She huffed again. "You have no idea what kind of situations I've flown my X-wing through." Why was she feeling a need to be defensive? She never felt like that, but this guy just made her want to punch through a wall sometimes.

"But fine, your ship. As for the mission, it's an old Jedi relic hidden inside some underground ruins. I will need some time to prepare, so perhaps in a few days to a week at most?" She paused and thought about it some more. "The underground Temple is on a Jungle planet, so dress and prepare to match it."

Mic Gallagher

M

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

The arrogance.

Good grief. Mic snorted at her claiming to be a better pilot.
"X-wings are easy, Sheila. I'd like to see you manoeuvre the Kessel Run with a freighter in record time while running from pirates looking to take my trinkets from me. Or having to dodge Neebrays with it while you can't see Jack in a Nebula. I do that for fun, Peaches." He grinned at her. Just because he fell out of a cupboard doesn't mean he was useless at flying.

But then she went on to tell him about the trinket they would hunt. And on a jungle planet no less. As if that would be a problem.
"Way ahead of you. I'm ready to go now. But seeing as you're a woman and married, I guess it makes sense that you need that much time to pack for a jungle trip. One word for that, Peaches - Old." This was why he preferred to work alone. Women especially took sooooo loooong to do anything.

Luckily he had booze stored at home that he could enjoy until she would finally stop faffing.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

What an arrogant piece of-

Valery drew in a deep breath and exhaled sharply through her nose. She was a Jedi Master, trained by some of the best Jedi she has ever known, and spent decades perfecting meditative techniques and other complex skills. But somehow this nerfherder was able to get under her skin, and she wanted to smack him for it. "I don't fly just X-wings, but also my husband's light freighter," she said, but she quickly realized the kind of joke she was setting up there.

"And I'm great at it," she huffed.

Mic then continued his little rant and..

One word for that, Peaches - Old.

Thwap!

She didn't care and smacked the back of his head with an annoyed look, "I'm not old! And I don't know what being a woman has anything to do with this. I just have people who care about me and rely on me. You know, a husband and kids." She grumbled and just couldn't believe this guy right now. "I have to make sure I can leave for this trip, and get everything ready."

"So until then, shove yourself into another broom closet and I'll be in touch~"

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom