Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Private Fortune and Immortality

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM
TAGGE FAMILY MUSEUM | TEPASI
TAG: Valery Noble Valery Noble
GEAR: In bio

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

I want these rings.

Another vague employer that has enlisted his services. All he had, additionally, on his datapad, was a picture of the two rings in question. Luckily every bum with half a brain knew what those rings were. The only homework was to figure out where they were holed up now.

It's been like a gazillion years.

Luckily barmen hear things and it just so happened that Mic's big contact in the industry was a barman on Nar Shaddaa. A hop, skip and a holo call later, and Mic knew where to go now.
"Olly, plot us to Tepasi, mate." Mic said as he slid into the pilot seat.
The droid bleeped at him.
"Oi! Watch your mouth."
Olly grumbled as he put his scomp link in the navicomputer's socket.
Mic sighed. Why'd he have to end up with the most arrogant droid in the Galaxy?

Another hop, skip and a jump later, they entered the Tepasi system from hyperspace and descended toward the planet. He had to work quickly. He wasn't exactly part of the Alliance and he did show up unannounced. They could descend on him any minute if they weren't already waiting somewhere.
"Stay with the ship and don't let anyone take my booze." Mic said before he left the ship and made his way to the ancient building that once belonged to the original Tagge family. Luckily it was well after hours, so the place was relatively quiet.

Finding a way in, wasn't too hard either. He had some nifty, fun tools to get him through a window. Now it was just careful moving inside to not get caught by some dafty patrolling.

And then to find Fortune and Immortality.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Outfit: Factory Link | Wedding Ring
Appearance: Link
Weapons:
Lightsaber
Tag: Mic Gallagher Mic Gallagher

"Tomorrow, same time?" the woman asked Valery, who stepped out of her office and ran a hand up through her hair. After learning that Immortality and Fortune were being kept at a museum of all places, Valery had traveled to Tepasi in an attempt to convince its current owners to relocate them. Valery knew that word about their location would spread, and about half the Galaxy would be willing to take the risks to acquire them. If these fell in the wrong hands, the consequences could be severe.

But sadly, even after hours of discussion, there was still very little progress. The compensation they demanded for the rings was almost impossible to pay.

"That works for me. Hopefully, I'll have heard back from the Alliance as well by then." With a handshake, Valery then said goodbye and started walking through the museum's hallways. She was tired and a bit frustrated about having to deal with this situation of all things. Diplomacy had never been a problem for her, and more often than not became a focus as Council Member. But she had made a name for herself with her skills as a fighter, and this was the farthest thing from it.

After tapping away a quick message to her family to let them know she has to stay longer, Valery continued her walk towards a nearby exit. She passed by several patrols, some of which seemed interested in a quick conversation, but ultimately, she was ready to head back to her room to crash.

Until she felt a strange tremor in the Force, and she stopped moving.

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

All sneaky-sneaky.

That's how he moved. Don't get caught, don't get caught, don't get caught. Somehow, that mantra got him through most of the building. At least he wouldn't have to worry about some zombie or snot-monster coming after him this time - unless there was a tomb below this place. He hoped not. That would just suck.

He had just scoped out a hallway and had just slinked into it as he checked his tacmap, when he heard footsteps on the other end.
"Uh-oh." He looked around frantically. Why were there no doors when you need them? He had a strange sense of déjà-vu. It was like Scarif's Research Institute all over again. Hopefully there won't be a bunch of blasters descending on him this time.

Then he caught sight of the door of a broom cupboard. It was better than nothing. Diving into the cupboard, he made like a plank to be able to hide behind one that was leaning against the small room's wall. It was either that or hide behind a broom and he wasn't that skinny. Where was Olly when you need him to swear at random people?

He held his breath when he heard the steps get closer to his door.

Shit...

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Click-clack, Click-Clack, Click-Clack...

Slowly but surely, Valery walked down the hallway with her senses on high alert. The Force was warning her that she wasn't alone, but it wasn't until she stopped right by a broom cupboard that she felt it. Someone was inside of it, and while it could technically be someone who worked here and cleaned the museum in the evening, she knew that was not the case. There was just something about this aura that got the hairs in her neck to rise.

"The broom cupboard, really?" Valery asked, intentionally loud enough for whoever was inside to hear.

"Come on, get out of there," she then added before she turned to face the door, arms crossed in front of her chest. It was possible that the person inside could be armed and dangerous but if they were really out here to fight or kill, then why would they have hidden in the first place? Not like they would have known a Jedi was approaching.

"I know you're in there."

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

"The broom cupboard, really?"

"Bummer." he breathed. Caught. Again. It always happened in museums.

At the lady's demand for him to get out of the cupboard, Mic sighed. So much for making like a plank. How'd she know, anyway? Women were freakishly psychic.

By trying to scoot out behind the plank, the broom thought it good to trip him, causing him to nearly fall out of the cupboard as he tried to regain his balance....

....and nearly tackled the lady on the other side of the door in the process. In his haste to avoid her, his butt did end up eating the floor. Looking the 10 miles of leg upward, he noticed the lightsaber hilt on her belt while looking for her face.
"Bugger." Why'd it have to be Jedi? "Uh, hi." He flashed a nautical mile grin at her, still down on the floor. He ran his fingers through his hair before holding out his right. "Name's Mic." He looked down the hallway.

Would he be able to make a run for it before she threw that saber at him?

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

When she realized he was falling his way out of the closet, Valery's eyes widened and she quickly sidestepped while he worked hard to evade her as well. As a result, Mic's butt hit the ground, but Valery was luckily left standing, albeit with an eyebrow raised when she looked down at him. She then brought a hand up through her long hair and let out a sigh.

Why did he have to be clumy as well?

"Hello," she said, her voice mostly neutral but showing a little bit of frustration as well. Both with him, as well as the whole situation with the two rings being kept here.

"Valery," she then said, as she reached for his hand to pull him up to his feet. "Can you please explain what you were doing inside...there?" She glanced at the small room he had squeezed himself into, and could no longer help herself when she grinned.

"I'm sure it's cozy but nobody is supposed to be here anymore." Perhaps she seemed awfully casual about it, but what was he going to do? Throw a broom at her and run?

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Yeah, she didn't look impressed.

Running won't be a good idea right now.

At least she introduced herself as well. If only that was it.
"Can you please explain what you were doing inside...there? I'm sure it's cozy but nobody is supposed to be here anymore."

Bummer...He dragged his fingers through his hair again as he stood in front of her now. "I was looking for a broom." Yeah, that was it. "Some kids broke a window. The glass needs cleaning and the droids are shut off." Well done, Mickey! "I'm the janitor." To support his lie, he grabbed the broom from the floor where it was sprawled after his spectacular exit.

He eyed the hallway again. He really needed the creds riding on this. He had to get to the rings. He could work on a plan to get out, later. But for now, he flashed another grin at her. "What are you doing here so late, Sheila? Tjaila-time was hours ago for staff." The Jedi better not be competition.

That would just suck.

He needed to get a Mando buddy for stuff like this.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"A janitor?" Valery perked a brow and watched him pick up the broom as if he was trying to prove a point. He claimed that the droids had all been turned off already, but she could have sworn to see plenty working, even after opening hours. He also didn't exactly strike her as a janitor with how he was dressed and portrayed himself.

It also didn't help that he kept looking down the hallway unless the idea of those 'glass fragments' being on the floor still hurt him oh so much.

"Sheila? My name is Valery and Tjaila-time?" Valery blinked, clearly confused by just about everything he told her. Either this was new slang she wasn't keeping up with, or he didn't even care to listen when she introduced herself earlier. Either way, the whole situation felt a little too suspicious to her.

Maybe he was a thief? Didn't really look like one to her, too. They usually started running quicker as well.

"Anyway, I was attending a meeting and I heard nothing about the droids being offline or even glass shattering. You wouldn't be lying to me, hm?" She asked rather directly to see how he'd respond to that.

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Oh boy.

She really wasn't believing him. He was chewing his lip when it seemed confusion hit her at his words. Mic sighed.
"Look, lady, that's just how I talk. No need to yell." he said in resignation. Women could be so difficult. He still couldn't see the point in having to be tied down by one. His mind would never survive.

He was still standing with the broom, mulling over the difficulties of women when she spoke again.
"Anyway, I was attending a meeting and I heard nothing about the droids being offline or even glass shattering. You wouldn't be lying to me, hm?"
His blue eyes looked at her sheepishly. Damn Jedi. Damn women. And the two together was just a nightmare making your life extremely difficult.
"Yeah, well I had to try. But I gotta be going now. So uh, ady-os, ma'am." he said, giving her a two-finger salute and completely butchering the Serennian accent before he threw the broom at her and bolted down the hallway as if a snot monster was after him.

Ok, get to the room with the rings, break 'em out without fanfare and make a hail Mary for an exit. That was the plan.

Provided he could run fast enough.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"I'm not yelling, thank you very much," Valery huffed and stared him down with a proper death glare for a few seconds. First he's calling her weird names, and now she's the one yelling or being rude? Who does this guy even think he is? The more she thought about it, the more she wanted to take that broom from him, and shove it up his-

She stopped that line of thought and focused on the situation at hand. Both through experience and what she felt in the Force, everything about him and his story seemed off. There was just no way that he worked here as a janitor... or at all. In fact, a guy like him at a museum already felt off.

When he spoke again, it quickly became clear why.

Bonk.

"Ow," Valery blinked as the broom hit her forehead and turned her gaze down the hallway to watch him sprint away. She gritted teeth, raised a hand and gave her options some thought. Yep, she was going to do it. With a quick pull of her hand, she extended her grip through the Force and tried to make him trip over his own feet in an attempt to bring him down to the floor. But whether or not it worked, she ran after him.

And she was fast.

"You're not going to get away, so just give up!"

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

He was gunning it.

Until he wasn't.

His feet were yanked out from under him by an invisible hand and he ate the floor.
"Ow, bugger." he groaned as he tried to get back up again. Then he heard her coming down the hallway with a fanfare.
"You're not going to get away, so just give up!"

Ok, he just had about enough of this now. He needed the creds and he was going to get them, come hell or high water. Instead of trying to get to his feet, he rolled around, drawing his blaster as he did so, pulling off a triple burst of bolts toward her. Then he scrambled to his feet.
"Sorry, Sheila. I got other business!" he yelled as he ran again, occasionally shooting a few bolts over his shoulder to keep her busy blocking them. He wasn't exactly trying to kill her. He wasn't that kind of guy.

He just needed to get to the ring room, gosh darnit.

This was such a headache.

Olly would like her.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Ouch.

She almost hoped that actually hurt after he had tossed a broom in her face, but she didn't actually want to cause too much harm. He was likely some simple thug wanting to make some credits, so hardly any real danger. Nothing compared to some of the monsters she had faced out there in the Galaxy.

But he was still a thief.

So with great speed, Valery charged down the hallway, intent to catch and apprehend him... only to run into a small wave of blaster fire. None of them were precised or exactly placed to make deflecting them difficult, but it slowed her down a few steps, and allowed him to get back up to his feet. "Really?!" She continued swatting away his blaster fire, and decided to keep a little more distance while she followed after him.

Valery then raised her arm to bring the comlink on her vambrace closer to her lips, <Museum security? We got a thief running down the hallways. He's armed and clumsy.> She snickered internally and continued her sprint after him.

"Where do you think you can go even if you grab what you want?!" She yelled after him. "This whole place is going to be locked down!"

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Gunning it again.

Salvos over the shoulder and hail Mary-ing it. He was almost at the end of the hallway when she just had to throw a spanner in the works. Why'd she have to go and holler at security.
"Bugger." Gunning it more. Jeez, it was easier getting away from zombies.

"Where do you think you can go even if you grab what you want?! This whole place is going to be locked down!"

Another 3-burst round over the shoulder.
"Workin' on it, Sheila!" he called back. "I usually pull something out of my bum to get out!" Then he reached the end and he skidded around the corner and into a new hallway.

"Bugger me, how many are there?" he grumbled as he beelined. He was good at running, but it had limits. For two seconds, he tapped on his tacmap to pull up the blueprint again. Then another two shots over shoulder. She was like a dog with a bone. Just wouldn't let go.

Heck yeah!

He wasn't far from the room he was looking for. So he put down his head and ran like a farthier on a racetrack. Six doors. C'mon, Mickey, you can do it...

Then to get out of here. That will be sports.

His chest was already hurting.

He needed another broom.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

She needed a change in plan.

Even if security was able to lock down the entire museum, she didn't like the idea of this stranger even reaching the priceless artifacts. What if he somehow did manage to escape? The consequences that could have were beyond comprehension. In the hands of a random fool, they granted something many people desired, but did little harm. But in the hands of dangerous Sith or others with darker intentions, it was quite problematic.

So, she decided to alter her path a little.

All of a sudden, Mic would no longer hear the Jedi behind him, and his bolts were no longer being deflected. It seemed as if she had given up, but if he knew anything about the Jedi, he knew that couldn't be true. In reality, Valery had phased her way through walls to cut off the path to him, as he went around a corner and into a new hallway.

Finally, it was time for the grand appearance.

Right to his left, Valery suddenly jumped out through the wall, not with a weapon raised to strike him down, but purely her own body, hoping to tackle him to the ground and buy security time to lock everything down.

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

Wait...

It was suddenly quiet behind him.
"Bugger." Force Users were shady. They always had something up their sleeve. And this female version of Olly was really an itch in his bum. So he tried to stretch his legs and gun it even more. Why wasn't he a vampire?

He was just about to reach the door, when he was suddenly tackled by the wall to his left. What? He hit the floor like a sack of meilooruns with an "Oof!".

Through arms and legs, he realised it wasn't the wall that had tackled him. It was the Jedi Sheila. With a Gaaaah he collapsed back to the floor. Why in Hoth did it have to be a Jedi?
"You really can't get enough of me, ey, Peaches?" he grumbled, not even trying to untangle himself. It'll be useless anyway. His blaster had gone sprawling. And he wasn't exactly geared to withstand a Force User today. He cursed himself for not listening to Olly.

Like he ever does, anyway.

"So am I not to eat tonight, tha' it?" he asked, still on the floor.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Well, at least he didn't resist.

After tackling him, and having to hear his body hit the floor a little harder than she intended, Valery sat atop and pinned him down to the ground. A leg was positioned on each side of his body, applying enough pressure to warn him what would happen if he struggled. Her hands meanwhile kept his arms down, and her eyes met his gaze with that fiery intensity they always had. The entire ordeal had messed up her hair, so long locks of dark-brown flowed around her like a blanket, and some of it got right in his face.

Probably annoying, but she didn't care.

"Peaches? Yeah? Well, you didn't think I was just going to let you run off, right?" She grinned a little and turned her gaze down the hallway for a split-second. She could feel security drawing closer, so until they reached the pair, she'd keep him locked down on the ground.

"Oh you'll get to eat, but it won't be what you were hoping for." The rings were going to survive another night, and now she had an even stronger case to get them moved out of here. So in a strange kind of way, he had actually helped her.

"Who even are you? You hardly strike me as an actual thief."

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

This was a bummer.

Normally he wouldn't mind a Sheila sitting on him, but this - not nice. So he just grumbled incoherently at her comment of not letting him run off. It didn't really warrant a response.

So he just resigned.

This was the risk of the job. Though, if it was some kind of larrikin, he most certainly would have fought back. But he was raised good. He never hit a lady and he never would. So he just looked at the roof, whistling a random tune. What else could he do? It wasn't like he could go anywhere. Magic joojoo used on him was not fun.

"Who even are you? You hardly strike me as an actual thief."

His whistling broke off and he frowned at her.
"I've been making a living so far from stealing things, thank you very much. I'm just not fond of museums. But a guy's gotta eat, so I took the job." he said. "Just 'cause I don't like killing, I'm now a bad hunter? Figures." he pouted. He just hoped he'd get a way out of whatever hole she put him in. He'd wilt if he couldn't hit the stars and tombs.

"Why's it so important to stop me, anyway?" he asked her. "It's not like I'm going to start a galactic war or something."

He just wanted to sit on a beach.

And never have anything to do with this Valery Sheila again.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

Valery almost looked offended when he just started whistling, as if this was the most normal thing in the world. But the fact that he wasn't resisting or fighting back just left her conflicted instead. She couldn't even hope to count the amount of people she had apprehended in her life, but she couldn't remember them ever just surrendering like this.

He really was an odd one.

Valery then gently pushed herself up, so she wasn't hovering over him so closely, and eased up a little on her grip as well. "You were hiding in a tiny closet and fell out of it onto your ass." She rolled her eyes at his pout and brought one hand up to tuck away her long hair. "Didn't really scream expert hunter to me. But if it's all about the credits to you, then why not just use your skills to legally hunt down artifacts?"

Valery glanced down the hallway again, but in the direction of the room where the rings were being kept. "You don't want to kill but if rings like that fall in the wrong hands, they can enable the wrong people to cause a lot of harm," she said, her tone calm but serious for a moment. She then looked back at him and sighed - she could feel through the Force that he actually had no intentions to attack or harm her. Deep down, perhaps he wasn't even that bad of a person at all either. Just someome trying to make a living, albeit in the wrong way.

"Have you ever considered using your skills for good? The Alliance pays pretty well, from what I heard." She shot him a smirk and was about to add something, when a pair of security guards rushed into the hallway, stopped and...looked confused at the two.

"...Is everything okay here?"

Valery blinked, looked down and realized she was still sitting on top of him. Must look pretty weird, right? So she smiled sheepishly and cleared her throat before slowly moving her way off of him, and even offering him a hand up.

"You should think about it. Could get you out of trouble too if you let me help." She told him before eyeing the guards again.

fniheader.png

TREASURE BUM

micdiv.png

banner.png

THEME

This whole situation was bizarre.

She just kept insulting him. What was up with that? Did all hunters and thieves have to be bad bums ready to kill someone getting in their way? That was just dumb. He just sighed and shook his head. Women's reasoning in things really baffled him sometimes.

"You don't want to kill but if rings like that fall in the wrong hands, they can enable the wrong people to cause a lot of harm,"
He chewed on that a second before answering.
"Look, I'm just the fetchboy. I don't know who my contractors are more than half the time. For all I know, they are legal." he explained. "And most of the time, it's not even breaking into buildings and stealing stuff. It's expeditions." He was babbling. Olly would swear at him.

"Have you ever considered using your skills for good? The Alliance pays pretty well, from what I heard."
He cocked his head at her from the floor.
"If they can match the kitties I make on a job like this, I'd consider it. Depending..."

Feet approaching had them both look down the hall. Not that it was really comfortable for Mic. He was going to have a crick in his neck after this.

"...Is everything okay here?"

"Hunky dory, mate." Mic answered without missing a beat. "Just talking business." While being pinned to the floor. As if this happened everyday. Though she looked like a tomato. Mic gave a very guy like snort as she got off him. One point for Mickey, at least.
"You should think about it. Could get you out of trouble too if you let me help."
"You gonna pay what I'm owed for this job that you botched, Sheila? Cause then I'll take you up on that offer." he said, flashing her a grin as he sat up straight, rolling his shoulders a few times. You don't realise how your muscles strain when being pinned for a long time until you actually have your arms back.

To be honest, he wasn't particularly fond of Jedi. Or any Forcies, really. Most of them messed with a bum's vibes. But if it meant keeping his bum out of prison, then sure. He'd work with them. As long as he could have courage juice and creds.

So he sat there with a goofy smile, waiting for an answer.

fniheader.png

Tepasi
div-orange.png
Weapons:
Lightsaber

"Hunky dory, mate."

What does that even mean?

The question left Valery's mind very quickly when the realization of what this scene looked like struck her like a bantha stampede. She was embarrassed, and his snort certainly made that worse for a few seconds, but eventually she composed herself and shot him a quick death glare.

"Business, yeah," Valery grumbled before she finally looked over to the guards. "I'll handle him, thanks for the help. Just uh, make sure the rings are secured." She felt a little bad for calling them over just to send them away again, and her smile showed it, but she had other plans for the man who was finally allowed to crawl back up to his feed.

If he tried to run this time, she'd bust his kneecaps.

"I'm not paying you anything, but I'm going to give you a chance to earn your credits," Valery then told him, as she turned around to look at him again. "You said you collect artifacts through expeditions, right?" She paused and the grin on her lips made it clear that she was about to offer something he might not entirely like.

Not that she cared.

"How would you feel about joining me on an expedition? If you help me, you'll get paid and this little... incident... won't be a problem anymore." It was perhaps strange for a Jedi to make such an offer after catching someone trying to steal from a museum, but she was following her feelings, and the Force was telling her that there was more to this man than his weird way of talking. Seriously, who talks like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom