Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For Their Own Good (Galactic Empire Invasion of Fondor)

Basaba Willamina

A'den and Alor be aliit Willamina
PROTECTORATE BARRACKS

Basaba looked at the others and had a grin under her face at it, she was prepared for the fight but more importantly she had a plan if she could call it that. Something that they would need to make sure everything went well. The first was being loaded up onto the Protectorate stealth ship They had gotten from Baron HK-36, the second part was from the armory that Sarge one of the founders had developed a camo cloak for being mostly stationary. Or moving small distances, the major checked it while making sure the magnetic locks on her boots were ready to use. She didn't have the force or current but standing there right now with several weapons ready to go. The only thing that mattered truly was an extra oxygen tank for the armor. With her shoulder cannons and gear she spoke looking up when news the Mandalore was coming to the barracks. Her face softening a little before speaking into the comlink. "Mand'alor, we have a fleet inbound from Roche."

Matreya

Crouching atop a low hill, Northstar stared as the enemies of his new home moved ever closer. Concentrating for a long moment on the group as they moved, he gathered energy for a powerful attack. Forming the energy he felt into a mental attack, he crushed the minds of all 10 before they could notice him.

Fondor City - Protectorate Towers,Military Housing. Apartment 3-J6, formerly leased to one Major Delila Castillon (Ret.)

Pushing all of her weight into the door, Delila rammed it with her shoulder and managed to pop it open. She had come too far and dodged too many blaster bolts not to let something as simple as a stuck door get in her way. Amazingly, her access key still worked so Delila wasn't technically breaking an entering. Since her absence, the apartment clearly sat empty. The large glass windows that were a highlight of the space were now broken thanks to bombing runs. Every so often the building shook slightly and dust filtered down from the ceiling.

Well-worn boots thunked across the rare and exotic laroon wood floors. At the time, the Major had one of the best apartments, save for [member="Siobhan Kerrigan"] and the Exarchs that ruled across the territory. Quite a stark contrast to where she was now, a small bunk on the Absolution.

Yet a battlezone with enough explosives to cause a building to shake was no time to want ones old life back. Continuing through the space, Delila went straight for the closet in the bedroom. Feeling around on the top shelf out of her sight, the former Major pulled down various items : a packet full of important paperwork, a semi-used bolt gun, a half-drunk bottle of whiskey and her favorite bra.

"Huh, wondered it went to."

Taking a swig of whiskey, she stuffed all the items into a pack on her back and made a hasty exit. Time to go before the towers fell...again.

REPUBLIC ASSISTING OMEGA PYRE
SPACE
OBJECTIVE: Czar 'huntin

"You feeling okay Tholm?" Dish questioned, looking over to another similarly clad ARC trooper, one whose face was unattractive nervous. Dish had known the man his literal entire life, and deploye with him before, but this was new. "I'm getting married, after all this is done." The words made Dish's heart sink, Tholm had someone to fight for, someone who if he died, Dish would have to go to and look into her eyes, and tell her he wasn't coming back. The other ARC sighed and patted his brother on the shoulder and slid on his helmet. His HUD came to life before him, radar, ammo, biometrics, weapon status, it was all here, and all operating at 100%.

He shot a glance over at the Republic Commandos who piled into a gunship alongside him. The markings on their armor weren't regulation, kill tallys, minor little details and more major ones, the leader looked to have what was a mimic blood splatter painted onto his helmet, the same shade of crimson the ran down the stripes on his arm. The men's sky blue visors of their helmets stared back at Dish, who nodded respectfully, and received one in kind.

With a lurch, the gunship lifted up and out of the hanger bay, a stream of others following. There, inside the darkness of the hull, the men said nothing, the only sound heard from the inside was the sound of blaster's powering up as clips were slid into the weapons. The only light came from the blue glow of the Commando's helmets. Now was the calm before the storm. He hoped the Czar's had a moment as well, the two power's special forces would be at eachothers neck's soon.

The Amarrnth lay on the pad, freshly polished armor gleaming under the sun, her wings folded tightly back so she'd have a minimal footprint. Coming upon her Corvo ran a gloved hand along one as he approached the hatch and put in his code before settling into the fighter's plush cockpit. The Star Viper design may be an antique, but Mandal Motors had built them right (one of the few things the Echani had been forced to admit about them) and they remained viable to this day. He was airborne after a quick pre-flight and busied himself with patching his systems into the Protectorate's battle net as he climbed for space. The shared sensor feed was added to his and was then filtered down by range and things he needed to know about and he was directed to a channel for other pilots like himself as well as a waypoint to hold at with the other mercenaries and hirelings of the protectorate that had volunteered.

@[member="Ayden"] Carter
@[member="High Prophet Dredge"]
@[member="Knight"]
@[member="Sargon Vynea"]
@[member="Jonathan Walsh"]
@[member="Lekin'ed'omelan"]
@[member="ARC-052 Dish"]
@[member="Rexus Drath"]
IN A HYPERSPACE JUMP
INSIDE A ISARD-II CLASS STAR DESTROYER

"PUSH 'BUY' TO BUY STOCKS"

Hauf pressed it on his datapad. He knew that this war will cause some big changes in the galactic stock market, he knew there will be winnings, but also losses. Winnings in credits, losses in military asses.

"Sir! We're coming out of hyperspace." Hauf stopped using the datapad after he heard the officer and gave it to another one of them in the bridge. The Star Destroyer came out from hyperspace, and Hauf could see the battle that was unfolding over the planet of Fondor. Hauf knew that this was bold, he knew there would be great losses, even though that the Protectorate just been sitting there doing nothing. But the Chiss also knew that the emperor needed his skills in the battlefield, he was given the liberty to choose whatever he seemed necessary for the battle.

Hauf could see that even the Republic has joined the fray, realizing that the Protectorate had the advantage, but that wouldn't stop the [SIZE=14.399999618530273px]entrepreneur[/SIZE] to make some damage to the competition.
"Order my fleet to launch the bombers against the cruisers and heavy cruisers. Make them to draw their fire to us. Also send the Yovshins to protect the bombers from enemy starfighters, and with them one of the Isard to protect the frigates. We'll stay here with the other Isard to see how the battle unfurls."

After they received orders from the Chiss, everyone in the bridge began to relay orders. Movement in the bridge, that reminded Hauf how company should be inside of them. The steps of the people were music to his ears. Hauf started to observe the battle, waiting to see inconsistencies within the enemy fleets so he could correct them in time and with efficiency.

"Empire, send me your troops. We are moving into position." Dredge sat in his throne sighing knowing what was to come. He gave his men a grand speech and yet he knew they were not coming out of this alive. They had a plan, one that might work. Due to the writer going full retard for a moment they were stuck with this single warship. But that was all they would need for what was about to transpire. Moving the war ship to link up with the incoming fleet they had made no attempts to fire on the OP forces nor were any atempts made to engage them in battle. "When the human's transports come be sure to let them in." Dredge waved his hand to his commander then sighed. This was going to end very badly

As the ship moved through space the living warship linked up with the incoming fleet so they could begin what was to be a very very bad idea. "Be sure to ready my transport." dredge was surly going to have fun with this plan win or lose they would be sure to give them hell before they went down. Standing up now dredge walked over to his crew lifting his hands in the air "Ready the mines and the Grutchin!!" laughing he walked down to the hanger bay to ready what was going to happen next. @[member="Hauf Xren"]

Martin CZ Mk 2 007

M
Czar team 1
OBJECTIVE: MOVE TO VONG SHIP

It was time to go, the team got the word from the higher ups and they had to move. Sadly for arc there would be some Czar hunting, they had a job to do. "Jerrick let's go. North couldn't make it" Hoping into a nearby transport the two czars would move and be ready to enter what was more than likely going to be a one way trip. Keeping the briefcase tight with him, this was it. This was what he signed up to do, making sure he had everything the two men loaded up with a squad of the emperors own legion storm troopers ready to dive into what was going to be a very unpleasant time for the duo. The transport dusted off and exited the hanger. They were off now.

Soaring through space the transport maneuvered through the back ends on the imperial fleet to get to the Yuuzhan Vong, why they were being sent there Martin had no idea but now they would have to make this work. As the vessel neared the ship Martin looked to Jerrick and gave him a nod "If things go south man, you tell my wife that I love her. And my son that no matter what I'm always proud of him." Martin chuckled afterwards then looked towards the pilot as he spoke "Three minutes" he smiled again then loaded his IAS for combat. It was time to go to war.

As the transport entered the hanger bay of the ship Martin sighed and sat inside the ship until they were ready to go. The arc people more than likely trying to pick a fight with them would have no idea this ship held the czars. Or what their plans were, even Martin had no idea the arc troopers were coming towards the Atsushi, but hey good luck getting past all the other star destroyers and weapons first. @[member="JerrickShado"]

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@[member="Talia Al Ghul"] @[member="Preliat Mantis"]
Fondor Shipyards
The shipyards,the heart and soul of Fondor and what made the Protectorate the powerhouse it was. So it only made sense that it was the most defended area. E-Webs,OPRC's,Manticore-Class Heavy Support Tanks and Typhoon-Class Artillery Tanks had been set up behind barricades to provide cover for infantry and to destroy any tanks that would happen to roll down the center of the road. Noah had taken a C/T 400 Transport had ferried him and the seventy-five percent of the Omega Pyre which was strategically positioned along with a couple of divisions of ODF troopers to hold one of the most key places in the shipyards,the docking port for a ship that name was not uttered outside the most secretive of Protectorate military installations. As he helped a trooper heft the battery and tripod for a E-Web to the top of a barricade,he saw a Mando and civvi talking not too far away. He helped the trooper out and then jogged over and stood a few feet away from them. "Ma'am I'm going to have to ask you to get to shelter,this is going to get messy real quickly and I'm going to need all the operational space I can,so unless you have military training,get out of our way,please." Noah informed the woman politely and then hooked his thumb over his shoulder to indicate to the Mando to help with the barricades.

Talia

Professor of Sentientology
FONDOR SHIPYARDS
STARPORT

@Talia Al Ghul @Preliat Mantis @[member="Noah Corek"]
(Been 24 hours Preliat, haha I'll just keep pushing it forward along with Noah, feel free to jump in at any time)

A familiar face soon came to grace their presence. Ah, a little bit rougher around the edges, sporting perhaps a couple of new scars, but the eyes remained the same. Noah Correk. A quick glance at the rank told her all she needed to know, for the young Omegian had certainly risen the ranks. Rightfully so, she was sure.

'...so unless you have military training,get out of our way,please.'

That may be putting it lightly. Came her lightly amused inner thought. Then again, this was the Protectorate. There were certain skill-sets available to the Freelancers and permanent employees of the Protectorate. Being a mere scientist didn't mean that one was defenseless. Every employee had the necessary talents to protect themselves and others if needed; and one never knew if during an expedition they would have to do just that.

"Well, someone has to save our skins," came her slight quip, a rare joke. Then again, there was a first time for everything, but the amusement that lay in the witty remark was not present in her eyes. No, there was a seriousness there. One that said she would aid him however she could.

"What do you need me to do?" came her question, as if all she needed to do was simply directed to a destination.

ABOARD THE HUNGRY DARK MK III

Shinju looked on as the battle went about and she was only smiling at the sight of it all. The massive Astral Horizon was here, with all of its support craft, the Starfall that she had been forced to bypass at Valen but there was a big difference now. Here she controlled one of the fastest destroyers, save Rave's she had acquired. She was more interested though in where they were going to be fighting cause with that planets shield up there didn't seem to be much going to happen. Nothing the empire brought looked strong enough to brea it or flare it even and their ships were flying into certain death a she looked upon all those readings of anti ship weapons. A slaughter and wall of flak ready to be laid upon everything. "Whelp you know what this means captain, find me a vessel of the enemy and shoot it. Do the pew pew pew things, make them go boom."

Noah Corek

Cocked, Locked and a Smoking Barrel
Factory Judge
@Talia Al Ghul @Preliat Mantis
Fondor Shipyards
Noah crossed his arms over his chest when the scientist asked if there was anything she could help with. "I'll need a spotter. I'm going to the top of that building to get some eyes in the sky and provide some fire support." Noah informed her as he began to walk towards a 50 story building and once inside he walked towards the squad that was in the lobby. As soon as one of the privates saw him he called out. "Officer on deck!" Noah chuckled as the all turned and saluted. "At ease. I need a Hekler'Kok Anti-Materiel Rifle and a OPSR-1." Noah informed the sergeant in charge,who quickly went over to a weapon rack and pulled out the two requested items and then walked back over. "Here you are sir." The sergeant said as he handed the weapons to him. Once Noah gave up his blaster rifle to the man,he slung the the AM Rifle over his back and grabbed some ammo,which included AP,Incendiary and Explosive rounds and put the mags into his belt. Once he was done,he grabbed the OPSR-1 off of the table and held it in front of the scientist. "OPSR-1 Sniper Rifle,fifteen rounds of 8.58mm ammo,max range of 1,100 meters,don't worry about its effectiveness,I designed it myself." Noah informed her and then stepped into the repulsor lift and waited for her to enter before pressing the button for the roof.

EN ROUTE FROM THYFERRA IN HYPERSPACE
@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="Ventasia Terana"] @[member="Jonathan Walsh"] @[member="Lylin Osh"] @[member="Kathryn Langley"] @[member="Noah Corek"] @[member="Lilicky"] @[member="Talia Al Ghul"] @[member="Sarge Potteiger"] @[member="Jorus Merrill"] @[member="Diana Moridena"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"] @[member="ARC-052 Dish"] @[member="Kiskla Grayson"] @[member="Ivy Lasranae"]

Knight continued to look on as the polarized view ports hid them away from view the star lines of hyperspace. They were still preparing and she looked upon the indicators for the fleet, for the large parts of it they were prepared but reports of more from the sector fleet. Her smirk though while sitting there in the chair even with the IV in her arm and the nurse by her side. A Doctor had been coming by but he was too much of a problem on the bridge while she went over the reports. "Have all men at their stations before we exit hyperspace, priority targets are the enemy fleet and protecting the Starfall. We'll make all enemies of the protectorate regret coming to Fondor, then make sure all medical frigates are assisting the others."

The captain gave a nod of his head as Knight leaned back in the chair and tapped the controls, bringing a display up of their large and assembled fleet. All and all she had gotten ten solo's to come with her and five belsars, four sentinels, fifteen nonnah's, some incus's and more shield ships to defend the fleet. A sizable fleet but then the world she had been put in charge of served a purpose, she was looking towards the displays and setting about positions. "Have the ships move into formation zero seven, I want shield ships ready to engage and defends until we are in position. All ships are to prepare anti fighter weaponry and to fill the front. I want a wall of flak understood."

A single Vong ship was the target of the http://starwarsrp.net/topic/2684-the-starfall/]Starfall , and now the entire Fringe Fleet was bearing down on it, lead by the http://starwarsrp.net/topic/11740-chrysalide-class-battlecruiser/]Astral Horizon guns pounding with stutter fire towards the enemy ship. The combined fury of thousands of turbo lasers across the hull of the Vong ship and it's shielding would cause issue with any shielding and armored hull.

"Fleet, pound that ship into dust, prioritize it's shields and engines, move to intercept it's path with the shipyards, flak cannons at the ready. Deploy all fighters around the the Shipyards, if it doesn't fly a Protectorate signal, kill it." Already on standby the fighters and bomber squadrons took off into the space around the fleet, creating a protective screen around the flagship and the http://starwarsrp.net/topic/9861-rdi-deathhead-class-heavy-cruiser/]Deathhead[/url] heavy cruisers. Spewer assault ships moving to the front as the picket line for the fleet. The Zabrak hadn't brought the Hive as it was currently on resupply at the Bakuran shipyards, but given this was a support operation he didn't think he'd have need of it.

Already he could feel the effects of the battle mediation supplied to their forces by Spencer, that was his only true goal in this battle, to protect her, everything else was secondary. "Give me a system scan of other Fringe forces, I'd like to know who else is out there."
@[member="High Prophet Dredge"] @[member="Ayden Cater"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

..N..O..N..L..E..T..H..A..L..
Onboard the Starfall
The Bridge
@[member="Ayden Cater"]

A faint raising of her brows was all the woman offered at the ranking he'd addressed her with. That was a conversation to be had, but it wasn't the first time someone had slapped a title on her at a glance. Ivy wouldn't make any assumptions. She stepped in, Lying Hound sticking at her side, sniffing at those they passed by to join the Lord Protector.

"If by settled in you mean found a cozy place to dock my ship, then I suppose I have," she hadn't chosen an apartment yet. Most of them didn't allow...beasts. Living on the go in her ship was something she'd become comfortable with, but it didn't help with the appearance of being a vagrant, or being indecisive.

As the reached the floor where the man currently stood watching over the violent proceedings, Lying Hound pushed ahead of Ivy and moved to stalk past him, brushing its immense one-ton bulk up against his side, completely uncaring of the lethal weapon he held in his hand, rumbling a greeting.

"Lye remembers you," Ivy remarked, coming to a stand before the viewport, gaze turning from the curious sight of the tuk'ata's apparent show of camaraderie to the firefight, "I found it a bit odd that things were so peaceful here when I arrived, for a company invested in war." The comment was meant to be a joke, though likely the faint and fleeting smirk that accompanied it wouldn't carry the intent across.

Ivy was still terribly rusty in the art of social communiqué and cues.

She didn't even notice the moment of strained confusion on the Lord Protector's face as she stared out at the battle. Within this entire debacle, Ivy would be one of the very few completely and utterly untouched by Battle Meditation. She wouldn't even be aware.

"Suppose this is the part where I ask you for orders, or where I can be the most useful. You'll have to forgive me - been a long time since I've been part of something bigger than myself."

Lye seemed to snigger at this.

@[member="Noah Corek"]@[member="Talia Al Ghul"]

Preliat reached out for the rifle, grasping it softly instead of the woman. It seemed his helmet had a disapproving look. He turned towards the woman, and then to the man. Preliat seemed to not care for pleasantries, or rank. That was true for anyone, rank and title meant little to Preliat. A King, by his book, was just a man with a stupid name in front of his own to make himself feel better. He hadn't seen Noah in combat, and he seemed to be carrying frankly a ridiculous amount of weaponry. He turned towards the woman, stepping into the repulsor lift with the pair.

"I will be the spotter. A Mando'a would be better suiteds to this task anyway..."He inclined his head to the side, observing the scientist."But a hunch tells me that our friend here, is going to have no trouble defending herself or any one of us. Infact...I daresay she might be protecting us."Preliat folded the rifle across his chest, and smiled beneath the T-shaped visor of his helmet. Being who Talia was, she could probably pick up on his sincerity, and Noah may have as well.

@[member="Sargon Vynea"] @[member="High Prophet Dredge"] @[member="Spencer Jacobs"]

"Sir! A Vong ship is requesting our troops to their ship. Shall we comply?"

Interesting... Hauf mused himself. He turned away from the view of the battle to look at the holographic image of the battle. When Hauf found the High Prophet's ship he noticed enemy's ship unknown to the Chiss targeting the Vong ship. What are you doing? The Chiss knew that Vongs were reckless, but he didn't know that reckless. "Those aren't Republic ships, who are they from?" Hauf asked away, expecting a quick answer from the officers. "Those are... Fringe's ships, sir."

When Hauf heard the answer, he could only say out of his dissapointment: "Unexpected... Have the bombards to engage the Fringe's ships and two Yovshins to protect them, the Yovshins must concentrate fire on enemies starfighters. We are also moving out to support the Vong, when we get close enough to them, send our troops to the Vong."

"Yes, sir!"

Hauf's ship Isard-II and the Isard-I set out to the Vong's Reaper to give it support, most of the bombards too set out to engage Fringe's enemy ship, followed by two Yovshins. Hauf observe the battle after he gave the orders, then he could feel inside of him doubtness, saying to himself: "Are we even going to win this?" He shook his head to get rid of the thought and concentrate on his duty. Unfortunately for Hauf, he didn't know it was because Spencer Jacob's Battle Meditation.

Cedric Dorn

C
Prex Tower
Ayden Cater's Apartments
Diana stood on the balcony of Ayden's bedroom, her body was draped in a thin silk blankets and her eyes were cast upwards towards the space battle above. So far it seemed that the Galactic Empire had not and would not breach breach the planetary shield, her presence in the fighting would be moot. Sure she could have tried to make it up into space, she had a ship here and her lightsabers were of course back in the bedroom, along with her proper clothes, but what was the point?

If she made it to space they would have to lower the planetary shield, albeit only for a few seconds. That few seconds however could means the death of hundreds. Instead Diana would wait here, watching and waiting.

If there was any sign of trouble planetside she would spring into action, for now however she simply used her keen eyes...and a pair of comically undersized macrobinocular to watch the space battle above. Every few moments a breeze would come along and the silk blanket around her would flutter slightly as a shiver ran down her spine.

James had been doing what he did best. Hiding in the shadows. He dropped from rafters inside the Imperial ship down by his Masters side.

Rex, I guess now we will see if all of our training will pay off?

James had doubts about attacking a great faction like the Omega Protectorate. He had read about their history. Started out small, then seemingly over night expanded like a swarm. Defeated the Reavers, took on the Sith with a 5 man team in the aid of Mandalore, captured every system along the Corellian Trade route in just over a galactic standard week and has borders to three other faction who dare not attack. So why had the GA decided to attack now?

@[member="Rexus Drath"] @[member="stardust"] @[member="Break"] @[member="Talos Riga"]

Prex Tower
Security Barracks
Objective; Defend the Tower

The last time Sarge had been anywhere near these barracks had been after he'd shot the Lady Protector. His reception had been decidedly less warm than it was now. Having a Jedi at the table was something most of the Protectorate soldiers could respect, especially on the heels of such victories as the Republic had had at Dac and Korriban.

"I assume your protocols haven't changed? Civilians are evacuated, barricades and fortifications set up, autoturrets and security lockdown in place?"

A young Lieutenant, probably fresh from Officer Training, gave a nod of his head. "Exactly so. We have just under a thousand men to defend this tower with. Far more than enough to see off anything but the largest assaults. We keep heavy weapons on hand in case the enemy brings walkers or tanks in, but most of the heavy equipment is off site at nearby bases."

That also hadn't changed. Good.

That meant they'd have fighter support once the enemy penetrated the planetary shields. Even then, if they wanted in they'd have to clear the gauntlet of AA guns that lined the outside of the tower and try to penetrate through multiple layers of autoturrets, squad crewed weapons and the fortifications put in place by the experienced Protectorate soldiers.

It was, he noted, a little ironic that he'd trained most of these men but they didn't realize who he was.

"Right. Get the ammo passed out, tell the men to get ready. I'll signal when the enemy is on the march. This is going to be a priority target, so we're going to hold out as long as possible. Make sure the men guarding the outside of the tower, too, are prepared. The trenchline looks like it's almost done. We don't have time for actual bunkers but if they can make makeshift ones, that'll do. Make them pay for every inch of ground they want to take."

Technically, he was just an adviser, but he knew they'd not protest. This was the exact same strategy they'd be using anyway. Now it was time to wait.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom