Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First stop

Sorel Crieff

Ready are you? What know you of ready?
Sorel was experiencing a whole new set of feelings. She was a Jedi and as her Master had said, she was not immune to emotions, she simply had to ensure she did not act on them. A few years ago she was a Youngling, worried she might not be picked up by a Master and assigned to Agricorps. Then she spent two whirlwind years with her Master – although training was sparse, instead he focused on knowledge of the galaxy, on wisdom and a little theoretical instruction.

Then of course he died and she was adrift for a couple, of years, wondering what her role in the galaxy would be. She was flotsam on the Force, going wherever it took her. And she ended up here, with Master Ike. Suddenly her waking thoughts were of the future, no longer of the past. Options were her greatest challenge as opposed to a lack of them. Which was a wonderful place to be.

So she returned to her cabin and made sure she had everything she might need for the journey ahead. In reality it was straightforward. Her belt was fully stocked, she wore the bracelet her Master had gifted her and she had her Master’s saber at her side. She was a Jedi of simple needs, so she was ready, and made her way to the landing ramp, awaiting the moment they touched down.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Emberlene's Daughter, The Jedi Generalist
[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Matsu let the girl head out and get her stuff while she saw the ship set down and there was plenty of different parts now to work on. She didn't need to leve her equipment behind while still holding her shoulder bag. The slim explorers bag filled with different things and her belt holding the better pouches. Gave her something to work with while she was waiting and killing time. Arriving in the hanger bay as it opened to reveal the world with the formations and pathways they could take. Nothing big but the krayt structure there in the distance where they had once upon a time stored things. Let the jedi master go about some busines as the probes were sent out to feed information to her forearm pad. "Are you ready to begin?" She was and while geared up she still managed to look plain as a jedi aside from the robes. The form fitted and slightly padded robes she had gotten from the Qel-Droma family as a gift.

Sorel Crieff

Sorel recognised the use of probes. It was becoming commonplace in mapping new locations and made not only sense for uncharted territory but also to detect changes to well-known territories.

She re-checked her equipment. Her belt carried survival rations in the form of capsules, a comlink, a fibercord grappling hook, an imagecaster holoprojector, a holomap, an aquata breather and sundry items of her own preference – tools for working with electronic equipment for example.

”I am ready Master,” she said as the planet was now visible and she could barely contain her excitement.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Matsu was ready and heading out now she had everythign they needed. Leading the way as she felt with the force for anything really. There was so much happening on the world here in the force with the crystals. It gave her a rather nice sense of the world as she walked. Seeing the equipment of her padawan and there was some things she could think of for her. Like their multi-tool she could have on her belt and save some space... or just in general some of the tools for working on equipment. All the thoughts would have to wait though while she stopped and brought up the currenbt map the drones were presenting of the area. "Looks like we have a semi clear path to the old structures. No life signs and no dangers yet." She smiled, this was a good time for a lesson that could be put to use but what to teach her padawan here... well there was a couple of things but best to narrow it down. "So a lesson, something basic the jedi use some of the time." She held a hand out while making a shimmering barrier in front of herself. "A force barrier can be helpful in protecting you from the more simple things. THe stronger you get the stronger it will be but you want to practice it from being a padawan."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel was focused on the way ahead and so was pleasantly surprised by her Master’s suggestion to stop and train. Surprised but also delighted, Sorel was wondering how lucky she’d been to find Master Ike. And there was a tinge of regret as she felt this thought was a little insensitive to her former Master’s memory, but she shrugged it off. She had done nothing wrong and was merely fulfilling his wish to be the best Jedi she could become.

Sorel reached out carefully, She could sense the Force in the barrier but was less sure how her Master was doing it. Clearly she had used the Force to manifest a physical bubble that must surely stop things coming in and out. “How do you do that Master?” she asked, wondering out loud how she would even begin to construct such a thing.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

How indeed and the jedi master had a small grin. "With focus. You need to connect and feel the force throughout your body and then project it around yourself." She remained there while bringing her hand down to her stomach and chest. Then raised her other while she pressed on he robes. "The force is in everything, the air you breathe as it fills your lungs, the air in your lungs then goes throughout your body and comes out of your pores." Okay not scientifically but in the metaphysical they were breathing in the force and exuding it while she focused and made a barrie above her skin. "First you start with that, that energy that comes out of your body naturally and form a barrier and then you expand it further and further."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel was unsure - and she knew that wads always going to be a bad start. The famous line of Master Yoda was repeasted over and over to the Younglings. She had to believe and therefore do, any doubt would be her undoing. But deep down she knew she was about to try to perform the Force Barrier and try as she might, she could not shake the mind-set. Finally she decided that through trial and error she would gain an understanding and a confidence that would translate into an effective use of the Force ability. For now, she would simply do her best.

She stood perfectly still and closed her eyes. Opening them when in a meditative state, she felt the Force all around her and inside her. She imagined it coating her skin, and forming a physical barrier. She held up one of her hands and looked at it. As she focussed, she saw a shimmering and then a translucent membrane covering her hand. She retained the focus and the body armour expanded until it formed what looked like a see-through oversized glove. Then she relaxed and the glove turned into a sphere, surrounding her hand.

Then she looked to extend the barrier, around her whole body. It got half way up her arm before it popped. Feeling a mixture of disheartened and hopeful, she shot a glance at her Master. "Does it seem I am doing it right?"

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Matsu was watching the padawan as the focus and the force energies made th air tingle. She was letting the drones go off and handle their things here. Her padawan though was showing her talent with the force. "You are doing well." There might be no try but there was something to be said for the hard work you could put in for the different things. She was grinning to herself though watching it and seeing how Sorel reacted to the ability. Something a padwan should practice if only so as knights and masters they could use it to protect themselves and others. Much like all skills start learning it while you were young. She kept the look on her face while letting her body radiate calming energies to inspire and give her padawan a level of comfort.

[woot woot 7000 posts]

Sorel Crieff

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Master Ike was much like her former Master in that she wasn’t directive but instead very supportive and allowed Sorel to find the best way to achieve things for herself. Her former Master said it made the learning all the more personal and relevant.

So she took the positive looks and vibes from her Master as a sign that she was doing well and continued as she had begun. Two more attempts and she was able to make the bubble cover her arm and part of her torso. Focusing on the success she had enjoyed thus far, she tried a different approach. This time she imagined her entire body was covered by a thin film of the Force that would act as a barrier. Then, through concentration, she allowed it to expand and move away from her body. As she did so, it changed from being ‘Sorel shaped’ to being more of a bubble.

Once more she had partial success but each time the bubble grew larger before ‘popping’. Then, she performed the task and was able to hold the barrier in place for a few seconds before it disappeared. For the next half an hour she persevered until she could hold a protective bubble around her body and even walk around and maintain it. How it would hold up to an attack was a different matter.

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Her padawan was doing very well as the jedi master watched her and... from a body shaped barrier to a bubble that could protect her. That was the way to do it while she let the time tick by. They were not in a hurry and they could continue to work on the force technique until the padawan had an idea of how to manifest it quickly for protection. She'd work with her keeping it up and how best to reduce the strain on your stamina for the time while the drones continued to scout out the world and locations they were here to search. All over the planet mapping and spreading out as Matsu listened to the stillness of the world.

"You are doing well, once more and then we will rest." She had one of the bottles of the flavored milk's the padawan could drink to keep growing big and strong. It did the body good after all and the cans of ration jerky they could eat. More than enough things while she was waiting for the time. Joining her padawan at her side and standing there as she breathed in deeply planting her feet and moving her arms forward. The force vibrating off her limbs for a moment to create the bubble and maintain it as she focused on the force energies in the air and breathed them in with each movement.

Sorel Crieff

[member="Matsu Ike"]

Sorel had a simple approach to the process. It was one she had used since she was first a Youngling. Repetition. She simply repeated and checked on progress. If she stalled, she would change approach. Her intention was to improve with each and every attempt, day after day. She practiced all of the abilities regularly. As she grew as a Jedi, her ability to call on the Force had grown. She could call for more power and for longer. It didn’t jump on a daily basis, but year on year, month on month, the increase was noticeable.

So she attempted the barrier one more time as her Master recommended, surprised how tired she was, even though she hadn’t had to actually block anything, and then she rested. She gladly drank the yellow milk, it was nutritional as well as flavoursome and she listened to her Master’s words of wisdom, advice on how to improve the barrier as well as ensure it was less of a drain on her energies. Sorel closed her eyes and reconnected to the Force, allowing it to refresh her, before opening them again and watching her Master demonstrate. Master Ike made it seem effortless and Sorel knew that, despite her early success, she had a long way to go.

”Tell me Master, how long do the drones take to map an area?”

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Matsu looked at her as she thought about it with a nod of her head. "It cn depend on what is on the world. If there is caves and formations then the drones can work harder. A world like this it could take several hours which is why there is no rush." She was looking at her and took out two of the bottles of the saori milk as she offered it. "All growing girls need their milk and we have different flavors." She offered a smile before getting one of the cans of jerky out sitting down to eat a little for herself. "Also some food, all the stuff you need to enjoy yourself and snack while we are out here."

Sorel Crieff

Sorel had lived frugally for a couple of years now. She appreciated simple things and so the flavoured milk and the bread and dried meats were all she needed to eat and drink and she surprisingly had a large appetite - possibly because she was always on the move and so burned a lot of calories.

So she sat and relaxed, taking in the good weather and eating and drinking - as if they were having a picnic.

"I almost feel guilty relaxing Master. Almost, but not quite." She gave a cheeky grin. And she picked out a green coloured milk, a flavour she hadn't tried before, wondering what it might taste of.

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

She was looking at it and the apple flavored milks were something she liked. The orange and banana flavored ones were much the same or the grape. THey had been working on quite a lot of things and she looked at Sorel when she said she felt guilty. "Do not fret, you'll find training under me brings some comforts, the benefits of being a researcher and artisan means I spend a lot of time with new things." She had a grin on her face looking over many of the things there taking a sip while she leaned back. "Plus the ration styl of it we have been experimenting with so we can replace at least a little the food cubes. As good as they can be... they also provide no taste and can mess with some of a jedi's senses." She still gpt to wait for a moment but brought her hand up. "You train hard, you should take care of yourself a little and relax at least so you do not burn yourself out. It will make traiing and meditation easier if your body is not straining or tired all the time."

Sorel Crieff

Apple flavoured! Sorel liked fruit – as she had something of a sweet tooth, and so this was a perfect alternative to the banana drink.

As she relaxed, she considered her Master’s words and lay back and closed her eyes. “Sometimes I feel I am playing catch-up. I have been a Jedi for a decade or more but the last four years have been about life experiences over training. A week ago I would have said that was a bad thing and that I needed to accelerate my training. But now? Now I realise that it was a positive thing, to learn about the galaxy and people. Yes, I am a little sheltered compared to the average person, but I have more experience of life than the average Jedi my age, so it has been a trade-off. And I realise I have picked up more abilities along the way than perhaps I initially thought.”

She sat up and looked at her Master. “What I’m saying in a long-winded way, is that I agree with you. I need to relax a little more and not to tire myself out to the extent that I cannot learn effectively. Thank you for your wisdom Master.”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Looking at her padawan who agreed to relax a little... well at least rest. The jedi master was glad, you could both hot and ready for anything for awhile but eventually, you got numb to the things or you really hurt yourself. She was glad to get her to take it easy... and to get her to drink her milk... growing girls needed their milk to get big and strong like the short jedi master was. They also had plenty of time while she sat there taking a sip and was feeling across the world. So many things were there on the planet to sift through with the force she could barely believe it until she was generating some of it. She could feel more force energies on the planet then she was expecting and held her hand out as the air grew colder. "Something is here." The jedi master focused as the moisture became solid for a moment freezing and flattening into an icy surface that reflected her appearance until it was showing things on the world. "Something else is here padawan, we might be able to find something interesting on this world."

Sorel Crieff

Relaxing was good. Sorel decided she could get used to it – at least in moderation. But then action was undoubtedly better. So she sat up abruptly at her Master’s words. “Something's here Master?”

She used the Force to sense her surroundings. She was still a Padawan and the range and sensitivity of her sensing was no match for a Master, let alone one of Master Ike’s experience. “I don’t sense anything, other than perhaps a chill in the air. Do you know what it is?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

Matsu perked up looking into it, her reflection gone while images f the world were sifting through and she was reaching out with the force. "I am not certain what it is, something old and familiar." Her eyes darted back and forth while she stopped finally settling on an image of a ship while she was looking at it. "Marking are republic, jedi order from a few years ago." She stayed with it and was reaching out to further see. "Looks like one of the companies that came here secured it in their warehouse but didn't get in." She had that feeling in her gut and raised an eyebrow. "I think it is one of the grand vault ships. Only a handful were made and they were used when Kiskla emptied the jedi vaults of artifacts and holocrons so only she and one council member knew where they were. She didn't think the jedi order could use the knowledge or artifacts properly so they didn't deserve them anymore. Corvus sought to recover them for herself and return them to the jedi." Matsu stayed with it for a moment going inside. "Three signatures and... well you might have lucked out my padawan. How would you feel becoming one of the ones to help retrieve the Noetikons‎ and possibly their guardian."

Sorel Crieff

“Noetikons? Here?”

Sorel was stunned. She knew all about Holocrons and the great knowledge they held but the Noetikons? They were treasured beyond anything else. There were three she knew of, each was home to three of the greatest Jedi Masters of all time.

And she knew of the former Grandmasters of the Jedi Order. Which Jedi didn’t? But if she could be part of an expedition that returned them to the Jedi? Her Master was right, she had indeed lucked out.

“I would be deeply honoured Master,” she said, her voice a combination of excitement and hushed reverence. “Where do we go now?”

[member="Matsu Ike"]

[member="Sorel Crieff"]

"To them." This was invigorating Matsu as she stood there with a smile on her face and straightened her clothing. Looking around while she was seeking to generate and guide herself with Sorel to the ship. Her eyes went into the distance while pulling up the map then marking it where she could feel the ship. "We will head there now and work on some of the things." This was turning into an interesting expedition and journey for them to take as she was setting up with a little more bounce in her step. There was plenty of excitement coming to her as the warehouse they had been heading to had a tram system jutting out of the side. "We can use that to get close but we'll have to jump along the way."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom