Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Reply First steps into the Jedi Temple

Untitled593_20230218225017.png
Objective: Approach the Temple
Tags: Looking for NJO members to encounter Mairéad and provide her first experience of the temple. More than 1 is fine

Untitled674_20230404221249.png
How many times had Mairéad been driven past this building on coruscant, and yet, like most coruscant residents, she had never set foot inside its walls, but today, hopefully that would change. The witch, mandalorian, gangster and businesswoman, wished to extend her knowledge and better understand what it was to be herself. Her tutelage under Stardust Solus Skirae Stardust Solus Skirae had taught her so much, and she was proud of her mastery of cryomancy, but there were things that the Twi'lek had not been able to help her with. Her conversation with one of her Family after the museum heist had stuck with her, and now she believed the next step was to enter training with the Jedi Order of Coruscant, they held so much knowledge and power.

This was a personal mission for Mairéad, and had nothing to do with any of her other paths, but would likely enhance her ability to serve them better.

She walked up the great stairs next to statues of ancient jedi heroes and warlords, shrines to their fallen and venerated warriors. Mairéad had no previous dealing with this order, and despite her criminal dealings, her rap sheet was clean, Marcella Fiora Marcella Fiora had taught her to only stick her fingers in the pie if she was sure they would come out clean. She grinned to herself at the thought of her business mentor, and friend as she finally made her into the great public atrium of the temple and began to look for someone to speak to. She would submit herself for training if they would allow it, but as she had nothing to lose if they turned her away, she held her head high with the confidence of someone who belonged here. Mairéad had been careful about her appearance, choosing a relatively humble robe like outfit, but she could not help but be herself and the outfit would not look out of place in the conference room or one of her nightclubs either.

She hoped today went well, she had always been a keen learner and a grateful student.

Last edited:
Mago was suppressing his wide grin as best he could. In his arms he carried a large load of holobooks and datapads from the library. It was far more than he was allowed to check out or take to his room, but they were all fascinating subjects and stories! If he left some behind he would have forgotten them. He was a fast reader and without a master he had a lot of time to read by himself, a favorite pasttime.

Lugging so many materials would have been suspicious, so Mago took a route near the entrance of the Jedi Temple. Most routes to other parts of the Temple went around the entrance, so to encounter the least amount of people he went there, his Force Sight allowing him to avoid and hide from those who did take this path. All fellow Jedi, with their aura's all light in different ways but still all friends. And then...

Mago stopped in his tracks and turned his head to the woman. She... She wasn't dark per se, but leaning towards it. She wore robes and had a lightsaber, but she wasn't Jedi...

"Uh..." He realized that even without eyes he was still staring. She wasn't walking anywhere with specific purpose, he could tell because he knew where everything was, and she wasn't heading towards anything. And despite his own ambition to get to his room and hide these materials away, he didn't feel good just letting this person roam around the temple without supervision. "Can I help you?" He asked.

Mairéad Solus Mairéad Solus

Tags: Mago Leomax Mago Leomax
also open to other NJO members to encounter Mairéad and provide her first experience of the temple. More than 1 is fine

The teen who approached her wore a blindfold but carried a pile of books and seemed to have no problems guiding himself, it was an easy assumption he was miralukan. Mairéad didn't know many of his species but knew they were naturally gifted with force perception.

"Hi, I'm Mairéad, do you need a hand with your books?" she asked with a friendly voice, noting the towering pile of reading material in hand. "I've come to see if any of the Jedi can teach me a few things, I suppose I didn't really plan much further than that." She really was winging it, with little to lose, why wouldn't she, let the force guide you, if that wasn't a Jedi mindset, then she didn't know what was.

The boy in front of her looked fairly young and it fascinated her what his story might be. Growing up, she had always been taught that the Jedi were warmongers that enslaved children to do their fighting, she knew now that it was all zygerrian propaganda, but there were elements of what she heard, she did know to be true.

"Here, pass me some of those books and we can have a chat if you like."

He turned away from her, shielding his books from this strange woman. Then she said why she was here, and offered to have a chat. Well, if she wanted to learn, and even if she was lying, he couldn't exactly not watch her. Couldn't let her out of his sight. And he couldn't be caught with all these books either. So he relented. Didn't trust her, but went along for now. He turned back and offered the large stack for her to take some. "Sure, they're getting pretty heavy. Do... you want to chat about Jedi practices and meditation? Or..." And this got him excited, "Or do you want to talk about books?"

If she had shown up a couple of months ago he would have been screaming that a Sith had shown up. But the wars were over and they were gone. Her Aura just seemed... in the middle. Self-taught, undisciplined. Maybe she was ok. "I'm Mago, by the way. Mago Leomax, Jedi Padawan. And you are?"

also open to other NJO members to encounter Mairéad and provide her first experience of the temple. More than 1 is fine

Mairéad was happy to help the youngster on his travels and took some of the books, glancing over the titles curiously. "Well, as I said, my name is Mairéad, I'm a mandalorian, but I guess the correct jedi term would also be force adept? I'm curious if there is anything I can learn here to help hone my skills a bit." She wasnt technically of any force school, and witch had such a weighted sound to it so this was the most accurate and diplomatic term.

"I don't even know of they do that here, taking adults in and giving them pointers, but who knows really. I spend a lot of time on coruscant and you know, nothing ventured, nothing gained." she laughed as they rounded another corner together. The man's young age did not affect the way she addressed him. Mandalorians would become adults barely into their teens and he could have been a soldier in the Jedi armies for a decade at his age.

"You know what, I'm curious and I've never had a chance to ask, but I understand that the Jedi take children from their homes at a young age and train them up, a lot like some mandalorian clans, do you see much combat?"

Mairéad could feel the force in the air here and it was quite a pleasant and invigorating feeling. She started absentmindedly playing with an invisible ball off force in her hand that quickly formed into a sphere of ice as she chatted.

"Mairead." He repeated her name to himself and nodded. His head wasn't turned towards her when he spoke, something he was still getting used to doing for the comfortability of those with eyes, but he forgot in this case. "And I don't know if we have anything formal like that, like classes you can sign up for anything... But I think someone would be willing you help you out."

She asked another question. "As far as I know, Jedi don't take children from their homes, they inform the parents about the Force and ask. My parents gave me up when I was little." He took a pausing breath at that. "And... I didn't see much of the war. My Masters did, but they always told me to stay behind. All the other Padawans were able to fight but I was too young." There was a lonely pause before he continued, "I don't see much combat. But I do see that ball of... is that ice? Looks like ice." His head hadn't twitched from looking ahead. "That's Cryomancy, right? I've read about it but never seen it."

"Take was perhaps the wrong word, recruit, I guess, I wasn't trying to imply your order go around forcibly abducting children." she laughed, there were stories of such things happening, but again she knew that was most likely zygerrian propaganda to keep people from asking the Jedi for help.

"I don't see much combat. But I do see that ball of... is that ice? Looks like ice."

"It is, I was just noticing how easily the force flows in this place and created it. Cryomancy is my specialty, I'm also learning hydromancy but I'm mostly here to learn different skills, ones like healing, mind tricks and the like." these were powers that required greater clarity and less emotional involvement than Mairéad was used to using. Having abilities powered by emption gave her great power, but sometimes it was a bit of a sledgehammer and not always appropriate for the situations.

"What are your specialities? Miralukans are usually pretty good at all the force sight stuff aren't they?" She let go of the ball of ice and allowed it to float in the air im front of Mago Leomax Mago Leomax in case he wished to examine it more closely for his own curiosity. She hadnt taken the temperature low enough to freeze any gases in the air so it was just water ice, allowing someone to grab a ball of frozen carbon dioxide would be rude after all.

"It is, I was just noticing how easily the force flows in this place and created it. Cryomancy is my specialty, I'm also learning hydromancy but I'm mostly here to learn different skills, ones like healing, mind tricks and the like."

"Those are pretty rare and hard to control, as far as I have been told. You're pretty special. And healing is always good, though difficult to master. I've had a couple of lessons on it and it's not like other force abilities. You have to focus down on the cellular level of the creature and stir it to hurry up its process, and it takes a lot of energy from you in order to do so."

"What are your specialities? Miralukans are usually pretty good at all the force sight stuff aren't they?" She let go of the ball of ice and allowed it to float in the air in front of Mago Leomax.

"Yeah, Force Sight is something I've had since I was a baby. I think all of us see a little differently, and I can see things and through them. I can see in the walls and the wires and the floor and below and all that stuff, if I focus on it." He applied his own Force Telekineses on the floating ball of ice, as if she had been passing it to him and took control of it. "Telekinesis is my specialty, can move stuff around pretty easily, and with my Force Sight I can keep track of it really easily too." The floating ball of ice started to spin in a wide orbit around them as they walked. Until it bumped into Mago's knee and fell to the ground, breaking. Mago hissed in pain and lifted up that leg a bit, hopping on one foot. "Still working on it though!" He said through clenched teeth. "I would like to get better at healing, like you, though for when I do stuff like that."

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom