Star Wars Roleplay: Chaos

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First Order of Business (open to First Order, non-FO characters need PM for invite)

Valessia Brentioch

V
Now she was just doing it on purpose. "Ms. Brentioch, or Lady Brentioch if you prefer; Mrs. Brentioch is my mother, dear." Valessia corrected Commissioner Lopez. If they were going to continue to do business with each other then they would absolutely have to address each other properly. She listens to Lopez tell her again about those in the fight, and how her campaign would do this or that. "Recruits are defending their very homes, their families and their friends. They are defending the very people that fight beside them."

While she herself had never been a soldier, there was something in her - so innate and in tune with the Empire's way of life that she felt as if the call of the Imperial had been built into her soul. "They fight for the good of the First Order, and you might ask what that is." Valessia sat up in her chair. "They fight for strength, service and unity. The strength that is the Order itself, and service to the spirit of the Empire and unity in our vision." She gestured to those around her sporting the First Order's uniforms. "Those who cannot understand it, those who do not have this, well." She put a hand on her chin, fingers drumming along her lips as she thought for a moment. "Those poor unfortunate souls." Her voice dipped an octave, with a devil of a look in her eyes. "We show them all that you can aspire to within the Order." Her hands gesture toward Marzena. "We give them class, and cause. Everyone wants to improve themselves, everyone wants to be better than they are."

"Everyone is willing to sacrifice for whatever that is, or whoever that is." There was a delight that wasn't there before, she breathed the tenants of the Empire. "Now you want to organize a tour, well then Commissioner. We'll have to give them a show, a show that even the unfortunate will be eager to bleed to for." Valessia was willing to help the cause, she was willing to put a little bit of her magic into this, but it wasn't going to come for free. "Tell me, Sergeant was it? Sergeant Mallidan, give me your story. Even if it is as mundane as you had no other choice, tell your tale to me."

[member="Marzena Choi"], [member="Dunames Lopez"]

Dunames Lopez

Megalomaniac CEO of Star Tours
Dunames could readily picture Valessia in the charcoal-gray dress uniform of a First Order general that had the ceremonial rank plates and code cylinders. She wasn't sure about whether she would accept or not, or that Gen. Vaas would accept to get a deal with Valessia to be featured in the First Order's recruitment materials. But it couldn't hurt to ask about whether she would accept to play that role.

"Now, one may ask whether you, Ms. Brentioch, would shoot in such... recruiting materials. Star Tours would then distribute said materials, as holoadvertisement or as printed material along any inbound flight to First Order worlds, and any internal flight within First Order territory. And said holoads would be played in the main media, too. I'm sure Sergeant Mallidan would accept to give you the story, regardless of whether it actually have anything to do with any deal made for him to continue serving the First Order after he has had those respiratory problems in combat. I'm afraid I have no information whatsoever about the First Order's recruiting budget but both your potential appearance in recruitment materials and my role in distributing the recruitment materials will be coming from that budget"

Frank then took the floor, not so much to talk about his story as a stormtrooper, and how he came to join the First Order, but to give some information about the practicalities of actually appearing in these holoads. And Frank would probably feel better about doing in-person recruiting than to be part of the media faces of recruiting since he couldn't take off his helmet outside of helmet maintenance or healthcare necessities. Perhaps there has actually been little that was spent out of the recruiting budget that Dunames may be referring to, for what she knew.

"Would you, please, Ms. Brentioch, try a dress uniform before signing any deal to appear in recruitment materials? The charcoal gray uniforms worn by generals are so dark it's almost black, so any extra props you may need for the actual production would require rank cuffs and code cylinders, and probably some rank plates, too. Just that mine may be a little too large for you"

"He previously seemed to talk about the perks of service as if he was trying to use the methods of the other dark-sided factions, which are more individualistic in nature. And I have to admit, even some of the light-sided factions do it, too. Please forgive him if he seemed to talk about those perks of service a wee bit too much: he did serve as security in First Order diplomatic offices on worlds belonging to other dark-sided factions early in his active career"

[member="Valessia Brentioch"] [member="Marzena Choi"]

Marzena Vaas

M
Marzena had known very little about the First Order when she had first performed at their military ball on Dosuun, back then she had thought that it was simply a military organization, but quickly learned that there was so much more. She had come to understand that the First Order sought to cultivate a way of life, and held many ideals that she could stand behind. It was a strange thought that an artist would end up becoming so involved with an organization that seemed far out of her realm. She listened as Valessia spoke; she immediately noticed that her words were spoken with a strong passion and conviction. There was also something about the way she spoke held a certain seduction, she made you want to listen closely.

And when Ms. Brentioch motioned towards her, Marzena offered a bright smile. It was only natural that people would want an image to hold onto, a solid vision for their future.

“A show?” Marzena sat up straight and pressed the palms of her hands together. “That sounds fabulous! And I do know a thing or two about putting on a show.” She winked playfully.

Ever since the events on Lanteeb, Marzena had been taking a break from the stage. Perhaps it was time for her to make a return to the spotlight, and this could be the perfect opportunity to get back on her game. She contained her excitement, and turned her attention towards the question Ms. Brentioch had posed to the Sergeant. Marzena was interested to learn more about him, and what exactly had propelled him into service for the First Order. After all, soldiers had dreams that extended beyond the battlefield.

[member="Dunames Lopez"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Valessia Brentioch

V
Hum, Valessia tapped a finger along her chin. A twinkle or two in her eyes as she looked over Dunames and Marzena both. Ordinarily, she would turn such things down, as a businesswoman she could not afford to be seen aligning her interests with any faction. Although, given the potential for landing her own factory within the First Order's borders. She rose from her seat, there was a certain air about her as she moved around the small booth her index fingers met at their tip as her hands came together. She was clearly thinking, listening as the commissioner spoke.

"No." She answers and then it lingers about, "it would be a false thing to say that I am an officer, a soldier of the Order." She swept her train behind her in a singular movement. "I can, however, lend my voice and my words to the cause." Closing her eyes as she sat on the edge of one of the seats. "Picture it for a moment, the hoload - soldiers and troops of the order. They too could be respected, saluted. If only they were ready, if they, our beloved denizens would be prepared to lend themselves to the cause."

"Even if we do not recruit full scale, the ads themselves speak to our security." After all, they could skew it so well. "Protect your homes with the arm of the First Order." She marquees it in the air. "Give to the Order, so that we might give to you." Valessia looks toward both the commissioner and the artist. "A shiny new era that they can be part of, and who doesn't want to be part of a legacy? Come to Lipsec! Feel the new outfit of the First Order, and you too can serve."

"I digress." The scion of house Brentioch looks to the Commissioner with a soft, apologetic tone. "This would do little for tourism outside of the First Order."

[member="Dunames Lopez"], [member="Marzena Choi"]

Dunames Lopez

"I apologize for having ventured well outside the limitations of my duty to the First Order. For all the talk of recruiting and security, we still have to show externally that First Order life can still be as pleasant as is the case in light-sided territory. Hence my role"

"You'll float on Bespin's Cloud 9"

"Bespin Direct is already using that line: all that spaceline does in First Order territory is to fly from and to destinations outside FO space to Bespin. Hedeek Shipping, on the other hand, operates inside and outside FO space and serves all the big First Order worlds, opening up Lanteeb routes soon"

"Lanteeb, the Seventh Heaven of the First Order"

"That's more like it, Frank"

Frank could already picture his body in beach pants in a hoload for the Seventh Heaven Beach Resort on Lanteeb, even though the resort is far from being in operational condition. But he could have his picture on an advertisement for Lanteeb if he wanted to, and especially if the team of Taking Off on a Star Tour (even though the latest issue talked about how Star Tours is going to go on about providing relief supplies to either Dulvoyinn or Malastare from Eriadu) would be comfortable with displaying Frank with a stormtrooper helmet on, sitting down in a beach lounger between two palm trees. Or, if the marketing team of Star Tours object in doing so, purple-haired Dunames would fill in for Frank. Star Tours tends to picture their own employees, often executives, in their advertisements, especially if that executive entertains a personal relationship to a particular destination: advertisements for Coruscant would prominently feature Dunames in her most expensive Brint Mea clothing, while advertisements for JanFathal would display instead the head of the Taking Off on a Star Tour team, a female Twi'lek with green skin. She turned to Marzena:

"I know that Lipsec sells a lot of different varieties of three of the things you like most in the galaxy: cosmetics, clothing and perfume, so you'll fit right into a holoadvertisement for the Lipstick Express. Usually we ask our employees first before making advertisements for a particular destination, but because you may possibly have a lot more impact than any of our employees would, I just have to ask you, under what conditions would you accept to be featured in advertisement materials for the Lipstick Express?"

If the Lipstick Express proves to be a success, maybe she would accept to reprise a similar role for Hosnian Prime, since Hosnian Prime is a prime shopping destination, albeit with three major differences compared to Lipsec, Dunames thought. But, for now, Hosnian Prime was out of the question for multiple reasons that she will not get into while still in dark-sided territory.

[member="Marzena Choi"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Marzena Vaas

M
Curious eyes watched as Valessia paced about their booth, Marzena leaned back in her seat, she could hear the orchestra starting to warm up below. When Ms. Brentioch began to paint them a picture of her vision for the holo-ad, Marzena turned her gaze towards the red velvet curtain that graced the stage. In her mind, the curtain pulled back to reveal the grand images of the soldiers, all of them standing in perfect lines, projecting the strength and uniformity of the First Order.

“Well, I certainly think this campaign would help to inspire others to serve.”

Marzena was definitely feeling inspired.

“If the citizens of our worlds can truly embrace the First Order, others will follow.” She said, looking towards Dunames. It would surely bring more business their way.

Marzena sat up straight again when Dunames made mention of her most favorite things. Clearly their new Commissioner had done her research. Well, this sort of information was not hard to come by, as Marzena had made mention of such things in various interviews over the years. Most that knew her were aware that it was easy to turn Marzena’s head with talk of anything beauty or fashion related.

“I’m very flattered, Commissioner Lopez,” She smiled, “And I’m very interested in being featured in your advertising campaign. Perhaps we can talk details in private.”

Of course, she did want to lend her abilities towards projects that would benefit the First Order, but she would need to be compensated. It didn’t seem appropriate to talk about credits in such polite company, so she would ensure to follow up with the Commissioner at a later date. This opportunity would be a great way to further her popularity here in First Order space, and then beyond...

[member="Dunames Lopez"], [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Dunames Lopez

After receiving a Holonet message from the team of Taking Off on a Star Tour, Dunames turns to Valessia, while taking the time to properly read all the terms the advertising team of Star Tours are about to propose to the First Order's recruiting campaigns. In the attachment were plans of Tomorrowand Starport and of Spaceport THX1138, highlighting the possible locations of the advertisements offered within these facilities. These spaceports were pretty flexible with holoadvertisement space so long as the carriers agree with it. In all cases the holoads would be run beyond the security checkpoints.

"Ms. Brentioch, the team of Taking Off on a Star Tour, the in-flight magazine of Star Tours, offers the following terms, if the First Order wishes to use Star Tours as a medium for advertising: for 50,000 credits the first week, the First Order will run different advertisements every week in Taking Off on a Star Tour, for a total space allotment equivalent to a full-page advertisement each week, as well as hoload space in Terminals 1 and 3 of Tomorrowland Starport on Eriadu and the X Wing in Spaceport THX1138 over JanFathal, and all First Order spaceports Star Tours flies to. If the campaign proves a success, or alternatively a failure, or otherwise you need the First Order to deliver tracts and other propaganda materials outside First Order space, maybe the price can be... adjusted on a weekly basis. Either it is billed to you or billed to the First Order"

"Who flies out of Terminals 1 and 3 at Tomorrowland Starport?" Frank asked.

"Terminal 1 is primarily used by Star Tours, although other spacelines with heavy business in One Sith space also operate there, like Acanthus. Terminal 3 is fairly small, and most First Order-based spacelines flying to Eriadu lease gates there. But Star Tours couldn't get Tomorrowland Starport to agree to let Terminals 2 and 7 display First Order holoads just yet. If, at a later date, Terminals 2 and 7 let us post holoads for the First Order, the price may well increase"

Terminal 2 is used by the Sith Triumvirate, Terminals 4 and 5 are mostly for Galactic Alliance carriers, Terminal 6 for Mandalorian carriers, Terminal 7 for One Sith-native carriers... Well, faction allegiance seem to be the most important determining factor in deciding who leases gates where among the first 9 of the 14 terminals of Tomorrowland Starport, with Sanctum carriers occupying Terminal 8, the Republican ones in Terminal 9. Terminals 10 through 14 were not organized along faction lines unlike the first nine, because the factions originally owning the rights to them collapsed: the Techno Union, the Black Sun Syndicate, the Primeval, the Order of the Black Rose and the Hutt Cartel once owned the rights to these terminals. With that in mind, she turns to Marzena.

"Marzena, because of a package deal the Star Tours marketing department is trying to get with both Valessia and you for distributing materials for the First Order's recruiting campaign, and you for the Lipstick Express, I have no choice but to talk about the option pertaining to you. You will be paid 1/7 of the profits of the Lipstick Express for the first month, with options on advertising future routes, also with 1/7 the profits of the first month on each route so optioned"

1/7 the profits on the Lipstick Express may be one thing, but 1/7 the profits from operating to Hosnian Prime would be another matter altogether.

[member="Marzena Choi"] [member="Valessia Brentioch"]

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom